Designers » M » Floral « Groups

Very Hollywood Michael Kors for women

Very Hollywood Michael Kors for women
dislike

Very Hollywood Michael Kors for women Videos
Very Hollywood Michael Kors for women Pictures Very Hollywood Michael Kors for women Pictures Very Hollywood Michael Kors for women Pictures

Very Hollywood is a new fragrance by the house of Michael Kors which arrived on the market in September 2009. This sophisticated, floral fragrance incorporates aromas of mandarin, frozen bergamot, moist jasmine, raspberry, ylang ylang, gardenia, iris root, creamy amber, white moss and vetiver. It is available as 30, 50 and 100ml edp, as well as 30ml pure perfume, along with an accompanying body care collection.

Mandarin Orange Bergamot Raspberry

Gold

Very Hollywood Fragrance Reviews

PinkRainbow
PinkRainbow

Scent of fruity amber. Great bottle -- great name. Elegant.

zzzstargazer
zzzstargazer

Pretty and delicate florals. I smell gardenia. It's got a vintage vibe to it, but not granny at all.
It seems to vary in notes on different parts of the body.
The wrist smells flowery, and the neck smells more sweet.

I think a lot of people try Michael Kors' EDP and get disappointed by Very Hollywood because this is not a bold perfume. It doesn't have risky notes.
This is for someone who wants to smell pretty but not make a loud entrance. Someone demure.

emmahlou
emmahlou

I used to love this one! I first found it when it was first released, a magazine I used to read sent out sample vials.

I remember it came out the year I got my first job and I saved up every penny to buy it, I savoured it's last drops like it was the blood of God.

Sweet, floral and so cute. I wish I could find this again in Australia! One of those it's everywhere for a year, and then vanishes.

shauna.parra
shauna.parra

Very Hollywood? It's Malibu. This smells like all the over 30 women I know in Malibu. It smells like a very beautiful woman who has a beach house and who loves the smell of flowers. This was actually my mother's favorite perfume until she discovered I was wearing it too. VH has a mandarin citrus, raspberry and floral notes of gardenia jasmine and tuberose. This is a white floral and as such most people associate white flower fragrances with mature ladies. But for me this is glamorous, sexy, sophisticated and flirty because the fruit/raspberry stand out on me. I love jasmine flowers and this is a pretty good jasmine paired up with gardenia. There is also a vanilla bean or tonka. This is sweet and powdery. It's easy to wear, subtle, delicate and feminine. I keep this on my dresser table and it's my signature scent for now only because I'm new to fragrances and I'm building up a collection. I saved up a lot of money! This is my 1st review.

darlingnadine
darlingnadine

Light, inoffensive scent with zero staying power whatsoever. Pretty boring compared to the original Michael by Michael Kors.

GrandmaGaga
GrandmaGaga

Right out of the vial on my skin, I sensed something 'nutty', maybe it was just my imagination because very quickly this opened up into a beautiful fruity/gardenia scent. Usually I would say that white florals come across as 'classic', vintage or whatever else you want to call a perfume for older women, of which I am one. I love the older fragrances from the 70's but this one strikes me as very young, very modern and chic....different from most gardenias and very refreshing, indeed!

Southern Blonde
Southern Blonde

I love the pink liquid and the bottle. This is a modern vintage and evokes Oscar Night, Old Hollywood, glamour and expensive fashions. This is a night cologne with some unisex qualities because the base is the strongest to my nose. Woodsy with moss and vetiver supporting gardenia and jasmine flower scents. The opening, however, is youthful, fresh and fruity sweet with raspberry and sharp with citrus. It's subtle and yet detectable to others. It wears for hours on my skin and I love to wear it when I perform as an entertainer/Marilyn Monroe impersonator. Smells expensive, luxurious, elegant. I like that I can keep wearing this fragrance as Marilyn Monroe because I can't think of any other fragrance (besides Paris Hilton Tease) that does such a good job of becoming a classic smelling vintage fragrance but totally wearable for today's fragrance lovers. I can smell this on actresses like Natalie Portman and Scarlett Johanssen. This is great juice. Love it. I display it proudly on my dresser table in my bedroom and love to take it with me when I travel during shows and gigs.

mrastley
mrastley

Been looking for this for a while and there it was today at T.J. Maxx, one bottle hidden behind many. $29.95. Grabbed it and ran but sure there are others out there. Smells great and the bottle (and box design) live up to its name.

jrhmakeupartistry
jrhmakeupartistry

For the most part, I am really fond of Michael Kors fragrances, and Very Hollywood is probably my favorite. I love the gardenia and the sweet sort of fruity essence of this fragrance. Sometimes I just don't understand why some people feel that if it isn't some complex gourmand heavy hitting fragrance that it's boring. Why can't a simple fragrance be appreciated for what it is, a simple yet chic sort of fragrance?

If you like Michael Kors as a designer, you'll like a majority of his fragrances. He stays very true to what he does and who he is: Simple yet super chic, and Very Hollywood is just that. I love it.

mildspicej17u55l
mildspicej17u55l

Hmmmmmm. Yes, Very Hollywood is very hollywood. An expensive smelling sweet, fruity white floral. Although I do sense white florals when smelling this, I wouldn't say that it 100 percent dominates it. When you look at the dominant notes you see jasmine and gardenia and ylang-ylang a little farther down the line so naturally you would think it was going to be a heavy-hitter white floral that came out years ago. Not the case. Instead you get a rather modern white floral but with a bitter sweetness. I don't get the raspberry. Instead I get more of a honeydew melon or cantelope. And maybe a little peony and some water lily to freshen it up. I do sense some slight indolic qualities with the white florals that I can detect.

MadMadamMimm
MadMadamMimm

This smells like freezer-burned berries. Always store your produce properly, people.

Update: Tried it again. Wow. I HATE this. Most people who dislike it here just find it boring, but I find it "stings the nostrils" offensive. Gotta be the iris. Had to scrub it off.

nettoyant
nettoyant

This is essentially a raspberry fragrance with a shadow of the white flowers Kors does so well. If you are looking for bright, sweet and fresh white floral you might love this.

pixiewinks
pixiewinks

Ahhh yes, we're into the first week of spring and i immediately went for very hollywood this week. This scent is so lovely, light....airy....soft gardenia, unoffensive, great for daily wear as well. It's just so pretty and feminine and smells heavenly in the rain.
I love it.
fyi, dont trust the bottle sniff, this one needs to be on the skin to really flourish.
scent: 9.5
packaging: 9.5

A. Rose123

Why discontinue this lovely, unique watery, white floral scent? With such distinctive and attractive packaging? Why? Was production really that expensive? I don't get it. This is more unique than the Kors' brand's original, namesake scent.

kateapple
kateapple

This is a very gentle white floral. It's sweet, somewhat dry and airy, and very cozy. If you like white florals, this is a perfect office-safe, calm perfume. It'll give you warm hugs throughout the day as you catch its scent, but it is soft and understated in the best way possible.

Emmayunee
Emmayunee

I love anything pink...and this bottle is PINK the reason I decided to test out the fragrance...and I thought it was quite good. It smells sexy, expensive young and fresh. But just does not last...gone within an hr.

Michylaka
Michylaka

I bought this when it first was released. I was at Bloomingdales buying myself an outfit for a date. It was Summertime and this light floral which was notably gardenia was distinct and gorgeous. I loved the pink bottle which usually I am not a pinky pink girl but it was pretty. I wore this all Summer. I got tons of compliments and had to get another bottle. I wear this to business meetings and in the Summer mostly. It reminds me of Beautiful but this does not wear as long and the sillage is lighter.

pipergirl
pipergirl

Light, nice floral gardenia scent. A little generic but pleasant and wearable.

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

I was lucky enough to get a nice size bottle of this, for super cheap. The previous owner must have only taken one spray and not liked it. For the price I paid, I would have been happy just to have this fabulous bottle on my dresser. I'm actually liking the perfume more than when I'd tested this previously. Maybe the day I tested it, I didn't try it on my skin? Either way, I'm glad I got it. It's not my favorite, but it's nice. I'm really not into a lot of floral fragrances anymore, which is probably why this isn't a "love" for me. It's somehow sort of sparkling though, if that makes any sense? To me, it almost has a bubbly champagne quality to it. It's nice, and I'm sure I'll reach for it once in a while, and the bottle, is the bomb.

glambert
glambert

Overall this fragrance does smell good, but I couldn't bring myself to buy it. When I tested it, it faded really quickly on me and had no staying power. Also, it dried down to a really faint powder smell that I didn't like at all.

vbjanos
vbjanos

I have tested Hollywood on paper before so when I saw it on sale I bought it blind for my GF. I do not blind buy for her usually but Michael Kors is low on allergens and is made well so I made an exception.

I have found the top note sparkly and a bit artificial, true to the name. It is lot better on skin and my GF finds the bottle pretty too, which is a bonus.

Museumgal
Museumgal

The fruit keeps the composition lighter than the house's usual white floral scents. Good if you want a hint of white floral without them being overwhelming. Pretty but it doesn't stand out.

nordicnymphwitch
nordicnymphwitch

This scent's name is very accurate.
It reminds me of something extremely expensive that a celebrity would wear on some red carpet.
It's one my favorites, one of those smells I'm obsessed with.
It's very unique and very "rich girl" smelling and sweet.
Kind of reminds me of a pin up girl or Audrey Hepburn.
I could imagine Dita Von Teese wearing it too.
Hence why I love it, I love vintage things like that *-*

andabri
andabri

This is a scent I've worn since high school, and continually repurchased. Gardenia bushes are one of my favorite scents in the entire world.

This is a decent representation of gardenia. There's an added freshness, and a slight nondescript citrus sweetness that makes it smell very feminine.

I get none of the base notes at all. No amber, oakmoss, or vetiver. No raspberry either. This is a true floral on my skin.

dkraus
dkraus

Love this scent! Of all my perfumes this is the one that always goes empty first. Both my girls choose this scent over all my others. Very pretty floral scent that is great for Sweet summer nights. This is always replaced when it goes out.

Unbreakable Heart

Two words to describe this fragrance would be

CHAMPAGNE & GARDENIAS

ImCreatedBeautifull
ImCreatedBeautifull

I enjoy wearing this gorgeous fragrance especially during the spring and summer months. This fragrance is every bit of feminine, soft and florally. On me I catch hints of gardenia, raspberry and amber. Gorgeous bottle also. I love!

Liebchenn
Liebchenn

For me this is a marriage between Michael Kors and Clinique Happy. I loved Happy when I was younger and it was my bestie's signature scent. I love Michael Kors, but it can get a bit on the strong side for me at times, so I don't wear it all too often. This is much more wearable for me.

This heavily relies on gardenia, but the citrus makes it much more playful and sweet, sparkling, even. Every year I look forward to summer so I can set this on my vanity.

When I smell this I think of class, elegance, and that old hollywood sense of glamor. I think they named it really well.

AngelaAngela
AngelaAngela

I love this bottle. I have always loved MK's signature scents. This one always dissapoints me when I put this on. the Gardenia is bold & forward, but lacks depth. It has a plastic fake gardenia undertone that blocks the base and body from being enjoyable or able to develop with my body chemistry. I wish Fragrantica had a shelf option for "room spray". I have tried spraying this on a hairbrush, and it does smell like an expensive shampoo.

harpist
harpist

I purchased this perfume and lotion set for my mother as a gift- it was something she had wanted for a while. I would say that it starts out as a sharp and clearly white floral scent. The dry down had a slight tangy berry waft. I would say it smells more jasmine than gardenia. Actually, I think it stays fairly one-dimensional and does not develop too much. The longevity lasts about 1-2 hours and the silage wraps softly around. It's a gentle floral that does not make me sneeze or give me a headache, which are big bonuses. It is an uplifting, relaxing, and happy fragrance but I would say just average. It's not a super amazing red carpet perfume that I would have imagined with the title, but it certainly is lovely. 7.5/10 overall.

kitka
kitka

I SOOO love this retro, elegant bottle, it is one of my favorites. I have never smelled the fragrance, but hearing it has been discontinued, I may scoop up a few just to use the bottle for decor in case I am not a fan of the fragrance.

DariDahlia
DariDahlia

I like this fragrance. Starts a little sharp w/ Bergamot & Ylang Ylang, then softens & warms with Gardenia & Oakmoss. I would have liked it better if I could smell the Mandarin Orange & Raspberry, the Ylang-Ylang got in the way. I don't think I'll buy it, but I certainly don't dislike it.

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

I blind bought this number because I fell in love with the gorgeous flacon. But unfortunately, the love ended there....on first sniff there was something evidently unique about it, I found it fresh and zingy, perhaps due to the rasberries intertwined with a "champagne" bubbles-like scent, but overall I was not impressed - the longevity and sillage are quite poor, but not quite as bad as say Jimmy Choo, Gucci Guilty or Hugo Boss Nuit. This is a daytime scent, and does not have enough "oomph" for a night-time presence. A fruity glass of champagne. Nothing spectactular. As another reviewer indicated, it's a pretty fling, rather than a deep affair.

MiguelHarris
MiguelHarris

I wear this to bed at night very calming ... Cheerful smelling ^_^

Unbreakable Heart

There are similarities to VH & Forever.... Their top notes are quite different..... The heart is similar.... The base in both are soft....

Very Hollywood is a more mature subtle version of Forever .....

.Top Notes
-Very Hollywood- the top notes are bubbly & sophisticated... It smells like Champagne
-Forever- it's juicy & tart... Fresh... a sparkling wine would be the best way to describe the top.

.Middle notes
-very Hollywood has a gardenia / tuberose accord but its different from the traditional MK combination... It is similar to the heart of Forever but.. It's colder, the musk in Forever makes the heart warm.... The coldness of these florals makes VH more subtle...& sultry in my case..
--- Forever has a warm floral gardenia / Tuberose accord similar to VH but it's warmer due to the use of musk ... But it's beautiful & cozy.....

.base notes
-Very Hollywood- has an earthy base kind of cashmeran woods
Forever- it's base is unique... It becomes cloudy & sweet almost like an entirely different scent... The apple leaves & all those florals take stage....

To break it down If I were to describe these scents....
Very Hollywood would be "Champagne & Gardenias"
Forever would be "Sparkling wine & Gardenias"

Both are great scents....

Very Hollywood is a little powdery..... But you really have to breath deep to detect it... & forever can com off as sporty & aquatic doe to the lotus, & Neroli combination

catlover415
catlover415

Without a doubt, my favorite scent of the year. I received it as a birthday present after falling in love with the sample and the sparkling version is fantastic. I'm not quite sure what draws me to a scent but hope to be able to find common notes. I tend to think of myself as a florally fruity kinda girl, not into the spicier scents typically.

Glad I found this website!

yuugainotenshi
yuugainotenshi

Very Hollywood is a fresh clean daytime scent. It has a strong citrus opening on me. When it settles I smell the gardenias and a little bit of jasmine blended together with a tiny bit of sweetness. This is a soft frangrance and stays close to the skin. It I usually like white florals so this is a good scent in my books. The only part that made me sad was I could not smell the raspberries at all and I was hoping it would a more noticeable. I guess the sillage on me must be better than I thought it was, because one of my coworkers said I smelled very fresh, when I walked by her in the office.This is most likely the most fresh scent that I own.I got the 1oz bottle at a good price, but once its used up I most likely won't be repurchasing it. I also like the bottle it is pretty cute.

snowbunny007
snowbunny007

I tried this as a decant. I was not offended. But, I was not impressed either. It was a basic, governement issue, floral with aquatic notes. The end.

Fragaria

GOOD job Olfactory for mentioning the staying power of Fairy Dust as compared to Hollywood! I one hundred percent agree! How could I overlook such an important detail!?

jylna
jylna

does this really smell like the paris hilton perfume tease i saw it for cheap at my bjs an i already have ps tease dont want to buy if its the same. thanks!

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

For some reason, all of Michael Kor's perfumes smell vaguely similiar on my skin. They all start out with a very synthetic, aquatic smelling base.

After about 15 minutes of marinating on my skin, Very Hollywood turns into a cool, modern and very light gardenia with just a hint of raspberry. The other notes never really develop on my skin.

The sillage on my skin is non-existant. This scent also does not last on the skin very long at all.

I own Fairy Dust as well, and on my skin Fairy Dust has much better sillage and lasts much longer. Though, I do think Very Hollywood is a more sophisicated gardenia.

Overall, I like this one, it's okay, nothing too spectacular on my skin. I wouldn't repurchase it.

Fragaria

I have two big gardenia scents, MK Hollywood and PH Fairy Dust. In a side by side comparison, both being equally good gardenia perfumes, Hollywood wins as being more fresh, less cloying, younger and vibrant. If you simply love gardenia, Fairy Dust would be the real Slim Shady of the two. Hollywood, in every other aspect, wins for me, hands down. I want to love Fairy Dust more, it has something overly feminine in it, but I can't get past a sharpness it also has. Hollywood, for being so terribly sensitive to gardenia, and not caring for it anymore (I used to love it) is the chosen one for me. I think you could be very fond of Hollywood even if you don't like gardenia. Side by side sniff, geeez it's hard to pick one over the other. I must say, Hollywood doesn't deserve it's price...

frohfroh
frohfroh

I haven't liked a perfume this much since Givenchy Hot Couture. This is fabulous! Such a great Summer scent, fruity and delicious without that super sweet scent that some other perfumes have.

tarac2325
tarac2325

My mom gave me this scent because she didn't like it...Its way too strong for me and I keep it in my room for decoration...Lets just say the bottle is very pretty.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I stumbled on gift set at Ross's with shower gel, lotion and edt for $24.99 so even though I never smelled it, I decided to give it a go. I am rather pleased with this scent-I think you have to like gardenia and white florals in order to appreciate this scent. It starts out with a sweet fruit note then transforms itself into creamy gardenia scent with a prominent fruit note(rasberry). I can actually smell rasberries all throughout(not too much though)and it gives this scent that extra something that makes it special in my eyes. It reminds me of Marc Jacobs gardenia scent except MJ has this aquatic note, instead of fruit.
Very Hollywood is very light, fresh, sweet smelling white floral. It smells "young" to me and I can picture younger girls wearing this. I think its quite lovely.
I can see comparisons to KK but KK is rather linear and smells like straight up gardenia and VH is much sweeter so its really not the same scent. Neither is Very Hollywood is the same as MK as MK is very deep and intense with hint of incense, and its very "grown up" whether VH is young and playful. Neither do I see huge reseblence to Tease because Tease has that white sand note on the drydown which smells very musky amd VH stays fruty until the end. I think that all the fragrances listed above fall in the same "category" as VH because these are all white florals but they don't smell the same as VH.
Bottle is quite pretty but I don't think there is anything "Hollywood" about it because to my nose sweet clean and fresh scent, not really glamorous or sophisticated. Lasting power wasn't that good on me, even layered with lotion, I barely get 2 hours out of this. Oh, well...for the price, I really can't complain

Fonna
Fonna

Not an offensive scent, but not my style. No depth.
It smells like old fashoned play perfume for little girls.
If a one gardenia was steeped in a gallon of water,and then stored in plastic for a few days, this would be the juice. Very, very soft watery gardenia, in plastic.
That's all I get.

Rolling777
Rolling777

well i am a guy and thought a lady would love this as a gift...the bottle is so lady like looking

internet buyer..so is the perfume worthy of the bottle?
or, the bottle worthy the buy?

its the bottle just below the notes right side second down...very hollywood with the gold star dangling down.. that bottle alone looks like the price is worthy!

its not the main bottle shown
its below the notes...

jazmin89
jazmin89

I AM PLEASED WITH THIS SCENT. ALTHOUGH ITS SIMILAR TO THE CLASSIC MICHAEL KORS ITS NOT AS POTENT BUT THE SILLAGE ON ME ITS GREAT.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Michael Kors Very Hollywood is like a summer sailing the Caribbean sea! Fruity and classy with fresh gardenia and crisp mandarin. Subtle hints of bergamot and raspberry with a vetiver base. Absolutely love the fragrance and the gorgeous bottle!

krmarich
krmarich

I sampled this today and sorry to say, it is a stinker. My friend was in love with the bottle(it is pretty), so she took a spray on her wrist. It is linear gardenia with that peculiar fruity note. Then she decided it was time to scrub it, thankfully.

New Hollywood glamor? Considering there are no new starlets, it makes since. Its trite and overpriced-$49. on closeout! If you are looking for real Hollywood glamor, try Arpege or Chanel no 5 and think of Marilyn Monroe or even Nicole Kidman.

Micheal Kors, you should be ashamed!

A. Rose123

Against all odds, I just keep coming back to "Very Hollywood". We shouldn't be compatible. I appreciate the "Old Hollywood" style vibe, with a respect for the sinister history mixed with the good (no starry eyes, here), but its modern aesthetic seems so opposite of my taste. Yet, I smell both, the Old Hollywood and the new, in this fragrance. And I like it. I like its expansive, creamy gardenia/tuberose note, overlaid with a crisp, watery raspberry. I like its fuzzy, grassy undertone with a hint of hot earth, that reminds me of chaparral. I like its ever-so-slightly musty and boozy ylang.

And the whole thing really does remind me of a flash of light, late afternoon, early evening in summer. It smells crisply fresh and clean (it can be super-fresh, if you spray too much!), but with an underlying hint of humid body (skincreme, gown, stockings and heels). And the bottle is just right and so distinctive.

From Norma Desmond to Cher Horowitz, all types of Hollywood "characters" are covered under its umbrella (I'd even place an East Coast, Betty Draper character, in there). It's a great scent that does what it says it will, is named what it should be named and every bit -- from the juice to the presentation -- matches perfectly. To stress it in perfumista terms: It's one of the few, new perfumes that I've re-purchased. It's held my attention that long.

Aysu
Aysu

I think Michael Kors is having fun with us :-) he is marketing "Michael by Michael Kors" in different packaging and in different names again and again, like Michael Kors Gold or Very Hollywood. Ok, there are some slight differences but I am feeling like a dumb for paying for this although I have Michael and I love it. Oh, and I swear there is tuberose in this!

jventura489
jventura489

This scent is really lovely. It sort of reminds me of a spring summer version of Burberry London, it's really lovely. Just bought a 1 ounce bottle on Ebay for 25 dollars!!!

AggieSwtHrt2011
AggieSwtHrt2011

I'm in love with so many Michael Kors scents but this one...OMG! I think this is certainly going to be counted among my signature scents!! Its so fresh but still has that lovely floral scent that draws me to Michael Kors fragrances every time.

This fragrance is DEFINITELY one of my favorites and I'll make sure I stock up so I never run out!

Ditto25
Ditto25

What a pretty scent. I can smell the gardenia and orange in this. I smelled a little of the raspberry and I noticed most of the fragrance I love have raspberry. This is a wonderful fragrance and lasts a long time. It isn't a strong, sophisticated scent, but it is great. I think the bottle is pretty as well. For some reason this does seem like a California scent. Many European brands have that older, sophisticated strong scent and this one just seems glamourous in a more light and playful way. I know that doesn't really say much, but I get a youthful romantic feel on this. Thats not saying this is only for the young. Any age woman can wear this.

judies6
judies6

This fragrance might be just misnamed, since it would work well for a nurse or teacher or office worker who needs a pleasant daytime scent. This is a very mundane jasmine fragrance. I don't pick up the peppery quality of the gardenia note, but just a generic mix of fruit and white flowers. It is non offensive and a bit fresh, but as many times as I have tried it, I couldn't pick any moment where it would stand out in a crowd. I thought I would feel "very hollywood." In this way, it disappoints. But then again, its unassumingly prettiness may be perfect for most occasions.

BLUEYELLOW
BLUEYELLOW

Definitely not a wow fragrance, nothing signature about it..
It's a nice citrus, fruity scent, but quite honestly it's a bit to much citrus for my liking and I want it off after a short while of having to smell it. It only lasts 2 hours tops anyways so I guess that's a good thing for me.
I feel like you can find a body mist like this..
really light. I understand its an edp not an edt but was still expecting a deeper scent.

mamasgotguns
mamasgotguns

This perfume once again confirms, I do not like jasmine! I am shocked too!

Tovah
Tovah

I really enjoy Very Hollywood. I LOVE "Michael", especially in EDT, which, for me is odd, because I'm usually an EDP kinda woman. Very Hollywood reminds me of Michael EDT in that it's sparkling and summery and fresh, but Very Hollywood is mostly jasmine on my skin, with a touch of orange blossom. I live in Southern California, and I'm a gardener, and I say with certainly that Very Hollywood is evocative of springtime in LA...calling to mind the jasmine that blooms like wildfire, and groves of orange trees tucked behind freeway walls. The name and marketing of this fragrance hint that it is glamorous, and retro, leading to expectations of a grand dame brew like Fracas or Carnal Flower. Instead, Very Hollywood is the very pretty ingenue of a star-crossed romance tale that ends with an uplifting, inspiring twist of fate. Very Hollywood is a positive, joyful fragrance that celebrates sunny days, and abundant jasmine blooms whose fragrance is so strong it overpowers auto exhaust fumes. I think its bottle is absolutely gorgeous, and it makes me happy just to look at the bright rose glass.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

Fruity opening, then the florals come through and the perfume becomes slightly reminiscent of the original Michael Kors (hence I smell tuberose rather than gardenia). Not bad for a floral.

gracious
gracious

I love gardenia very much, so for me this parfurm is very very good

Timetoski
Timetoski

I like. If there were a Fracas Sheer or a Fracas Eau Fraiche, this would be it. Very similar to original MK of course, but without the woody/vetiver drydown, which is exactly what I don't like. So, for me, the Very Hollywood is preferable to the original MK. For those that love Fracas but find it too strong or cloying (for themselves or others) give this a try!

Jellybean
Jellybean

strong sweet plasticky floral:( slightly creamy but that's quickly taken over by not sure what? the base is horrid. I'm a fan of gardenia but combination of these ingredients is wrong!

Hollie
Hollie

Very pretty little bottle. Too strong and flowery for me though...all I smell is Gardenia.

mademoiselle-c
mademoiselle-c

I do not know what the beef is with this fragrance! It smells LUSCIOUS! I love the gardenia. It is fresh, delicious and down right MMMM! I can see this on anyone wearing a lush pink dress in a flower garden. Just yum!

It also smells a LOT like Juicy Couture edp

jodee
jodee

I am not a Gardenia fan..I smelled this today allured by that wonderful bottle! But the scent was disappointing. I would love this only for the bottle! It's an almost buy just for that!

tiger_greeneyes
tiger_greeneyes

This is my newest perfume and I fell in love with it instantly. I'd smelled around 20 perfumes and was ready to give up, this was the last - and it's 'the one'. The gorgeous bottle is a bonus but I'm not sure why 'Hollywood'? Maybe Dollywood or Bollywood would be more appropriate? I can't imagine many perfumes that would live up to the Hollywood glamour.

The orange is evident right at the start but it quickly dries to reveal a beautiful bright gardenia and jasmine at it's heart. You could be carrying a large bouquet of flowers around. There's nothing about this perfume that isn't right. It's creamy but not too sweet, too week or strong - or too anything, except lush! It could last longer, is my only criticism but with an extra spray or two layered on your clothing, it sorts that problem out. Besides, you get to go through the whole experience every time you re-spray throughout the day.

This is a perfume I'll be happy to wear for any occasion on any day or night of the year, it might be a safe choice for someone wanting a rather special floral perfume but it's also very pretty and incredibly easy to wear.

nicki317
nicki317

Lovely scent, but no staying power. I do wear this but not as often as ones that last longer. What a shame.

JaneCandy
JaneCandy

I found that I couldn't really smell anything other than Gardenia, which made the scent a bit too strong and overpowering.

luvyalots
luvyalots

I got this with a set I got with 3 of MK perfumes and 3 lip glosses. I find this fragrance my "special nights" perfume, when I want to smell nice. Very Hollywood is a great name because it makes me feel glamorous!

njgirl
njgirl

I love the scent but it fades so quickly. Too Bad :(

smartypants1562000
smartypants1562000

doesnt last long enough. Very intoxicating scent. want to smell it longer. Love the floral notes in it. I spray it on myself at the perfume counter every time i see it. My husband likes it too. Will have to buy the knockoff of it, it costs too much, Maybe i will get some for christmas. hint hint lol

This is extremely linear on me. The gardenia is so overwhelming, I can't smell anything else. I do find it similar to Michael by Michael Kors, with the main difference being this is linear gardenia, and Michael is linear tuberose. Interestingly, tuberose and gardenia often smell similar to me in fragrances and I often can't tell one from the other. This one is good if you love gardenia (or tuberose I suppose), but it's not my preference. I was wishing I would have loved this because the fragrance-filled cocktail ring is adorable!

belle713
belle713

I love the scent of this fragrance, but like several others have noted, it has absolutely no staying power for me. It's very nice though...super feminine and young but not TOO juvenile...yet, I've sprayed it on pre-teens and they love it too... I find it extremely easy to wear, especially in the office. It's light and fresh, fruity and sweet but not sickeningly so. The vanilla balances it out so it's just the right combination of sweet and warm. Great for summer too! If only it lasted longer.

And of course, the bottle is fantastic. It looks so pretty on the vanity. ♥

This is definitely a winner for teens and 20's...I can see how someone older than that might not like it though.

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

Very Hollywood is an inoffensive fruity, floral scent. After trying it a few times, I must say I'm disappointed. Although, the bottle is pretty, the scent isn't anything special.

LittleRed
LittleRed

I used to wear Michael and the body of Very Hollywood is very similar, if not the same. It has the same sensual, creamy, luxurious body of Michael, surrounded by an aura of bright florals with a hint of berries. It is Michael, but brighter, more energetic, and flirty.

campfirekansas
campfirekansas

I love Very Hollywood! It's the perfect mix of florals with maybe a touch of fruityness. I feel super girly when I wear this perfume, and the lasting power is very strong on me, lasts all day.

lizaan
lizaan

Aah, I really love the smell of Very Hollywood even though it's gotten a few bad reviews and dislikes. It's not a complicated scent though. Very sweet and floral. I imagine wearing this on yacht in the caribbean haha. Yes it's floral but an exotic floral I think. It has some kind of creaminess in it, not sure what it is. Anywho, I really like it but it's not a fragrance I wear very often. And a plus for the cute bottle!

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

Sharp and citrusy, I'm not the biggest fan as I find Very Hollywood to be a bit brash.

Adorabella
Adorabella

I liked this but it had no lasting power on me. I also didn't think there was a huge difference between the original Michael Kors and this one. It seems to have the same base notes and isn't different enough to warrent a separate purchase.

Bethesda
Bethesda

I love this! The bottle is like you'd imagine an old Hollywood star of the 1930s to have on their dressing table but the fragrance is more like something a modern actress would wear on the beach while looking incredibly glamorous. The top note is definitely a zingy grapefruit punch but immediately after this the gardenia, freesia, ylang ylang, iris and jasmine come through and there are subtle sandalwood and vetiver notes wafting in the background right through to the drydown. It develops into a clean scent but expensive sparkling floral clean as opposed to cheap nondescript soap and the gardenia note remains strong throughout. This is one of my favourite summer fragrances and I find it very relaxing, refreshing and uplifting so it's perfect for holidays or dull British winter days where you need a blast of fresh warm summer air!

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

for me this is floral-fruity. the top notes are lingering well through the whole composition. top is very juicy, the flowers in the middle are nice and soft with earthy undertone of orris root, drydown very earthy and woody but always overehlmed by the slightly warm floral-fruity components. rather linear and simple but nice for summer!
the aroma is bright and shiny, sweet and juicy.
advertising suggests red carpet sensation!? well... not that much for me.
it's indeed very Very Hollywood but more in the aspect of how suntanned beachgirls will proably smell when they go to party at night with tons of lipgloss and cheekglow.
stays close to the skin, not overbaring, sillage average, staying power good for such a light weight scent.

synthetic ? no... it's airy soft floral-fruity but NOT chewing-gum or plasticy alike. i like it! bottle is a gem. :D

Unfortunately its projection is quite zero :/ stays close to the skin like a bodycream flavour.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

Hmmmm
Vacuous: Check
Synthetic: Check
Brainless: Check
Yup.....Its definately Very Hollywood!!

Emma x
Emma x

If you want a chaepare version of this light sweet smelling perfume i suggest you smell christina agulairas inspire, they are just the SAME! xx

crlygrly
crlygrly

Light sparkling slightly sweet but not candy-like. Nice for daytime wear. Ladies, you will get more compliments from other ladies than from men. Love the bottle and the color of the fragrance itself. Very girly but does not take itself too seriously. A little fruity and a little floral. I love the jasmine, mandarin orange and amber. This fragrance does not last all day on me and I cannot detect any trace of it at the end of the day. It is lovely, but after this bottle is finished, I will probably not buy another.

Trvevil
Trvevil

As with many, I didn't want to be bothered to try this one at all. But lack of perfumes that my nose craves to experience is denied where I live atm., so today I was ghosting around one of stores and finally admitted myself beaten, so I tried Very Hollywood and vanished from that place.
At start it's very pleasant - gardenia jasmine - white flowers, petals, flower stems - it smells so divine to me. It almost made me want to have it so bad. I do love complex and perfumes that are more of olfactory experience, but also like something that pleases my senses. Like this. This is my very favorite floral combination. First time it appeared when I picked up some tucked in dark corner bottle of PH's Fairy Dust. Yes. It was winter and it smelled then divine, ~I could.t get enough of it. It was 1 in 1 with this Very Hollywood first phase. When it got summery and warm Fairy Dust lost it's miracle, but the bottle was almost over. Still, if you live in place where you have cold winter season, you may try FD as alternative since it's cheaper.
Back to Hollywood - after some while composition became more tropical juicy one. Now, at closing stage it smells more juicy than flowery. Nice fragrance for a day at home, perfect crowd pleaser.

Bab
Bab

Very Hollywood, very disappointing. I wanted to love this but it isn't different. It's like all the celebrity scents out there. It' ends up being a Gardenia scent...not a flattering Gardenia, but garbled by the mix.
The bottle is gorgeous and I may buy it just for the bottle.

bartenderbabe
bartenderbabe

Gardenia, white flowers, and jasmine are the components of this scent. It smells good, but it is very unoriginal. This has nothing fresh, nothing funky, nothing beautiful, nothing significant at all to set it apart. It smells alot like Juicy Couture without the pop and flash. I think I'm going to start calling Juicy Couture the fragrance that launched a thousand other fragrances because this is just another one of them. I expected more(more mature, more sensual, more lush, more sophisticated)from Michael Kors, not just a poached fragrance. Very disappointed!

Chatnoir
Chatnoir

This smells like an update of J'adore to me. It adds a layer of fruity, vanilla-y sweetness on top of the white florals to give it a very "right now" smell. I like it, and it seems wearable, but I think J'adore's slightly more mature take on the heady white floral will outlast this offering from Michael Kors.

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

I tried a sample... I must say I am far from impressed. I am a "floral" lover, and perhaps because of that, I expect my "florals" to be nothing short of wonderful. But this isn't. To me it seems to be just another generic floral, with a bunch of flowers and fruits mingled randomly to create a "perfumy" effect. I will not be buying it, that is for sure.
On a positive side, it smells young and has nice silage. But it's just not interesting or refined enough for me....

The sample that I received also notes the black currant and neroli scents incorporated into this blend. I had never smelled neroli before , but I have to say it's wonderful! It does present itself as a "young" scent. And it seems that it would be best worn by anyone who is young at heart or carefree or who wants to be!

egyptian_beauty99
egyptian_beauty99

Recently got a sample from Ulta and it.Smelled very powdery,cloudy coco nutty and a little cheap scent..Reminded me of an old Avon fragrance.Similar to a lot of things out now. It was nothing distinct or special about it, which is a fat NO! in my book.Did not like it the least bit.

But the bottle is gorgeous.

katyas
katyas

I was surprised to find this marked "Floral" rather than "Floral Oriental," because on me it went on spicy - I'm not sure where that spiciness came from, but it was definitely there. After awhile the spice went, but the lovely florals that were underneath stayed. This is one I like quite alot, even though it is really light once the initial punch wears off. I would probably find myself re-applying to try to get a stronger scent - sounds like I would be wanting the lotion and other products so I could layer, as I like my perfume to be at least noticable (though not gag-inducing) to those around. At any event, it's a very nice floral and this one is going onto my wish list!

adele l
adele l

very youthful and bubbly- a teenage tuberose(not a listed note). A very young hollywood and completely inoffensive.

guest_Angie
guest_Angie

I agree it doesnt smell expensive or Hollywood like, but to me is a great day scent, is light enough not to give u headache, but strong enough to last the whole day. My boyfriend loves it, he doesnt like too strong expensive perfumes, he thinks they all stink, but this one I think although not reminding me of Hollywood, its very nice and comfy to wear, not cheap smelling, as its such a nice combination and the same smells stays with you the whole day. On me, smells more like fruity jasmine, yummy!

TheScentWarrior
TheScentWarrior

I was immediately drawn to the bottle at first. Then once I sprayed it....I was HOOKED. I love the scent. Its very light, feminine and just my cup of tea. Pure pink perfection!!!

Young, fun fruity candy floral. Not all that different from other scents of this ilk and not rich enough to feel Hollywood to me. Okay, but not spectacular.

kabaker

I just bought this today. I am a gardenia fanatic and I cannot wait to wear this to work tomorrow. I love it.

kabaker

Michael Kors VERY HOLLYWOOD is a nice white floral fragrance which opens to and remains for my nose a big bouquet of tuberose, gardenia, and jasmine. I actually think that tuberose is much more pronounced in this composition than in MARC JACOBS, which is less sweet also because of the ginger, I think.

I'm trying to understand why tuberose is not listed as a note, since it really sticks out. Or am I hypersensitive to tuberose? Hmmm.... Anyway, specifically for tuberose, I prefer FRACAS; specifically for gardenia, I prefer MARC JACOBS. Still, this is a likeable white floral creation, and if I didn't already have bottles of those two luscious white florals, I might consider acquiring VERY HOLLYWOOD. But I do, so I won't.

Yamba1
Yamba1

This is a lighter version of Michael Kors. Typically, it has great lasting power but on me, doesn't develop beyond the hit of gardenia (al la Marc Jacobs)in the beginning. What you spray is what you get. Thats perfectly fine, as this is a lovely white floral and very easy to live with.
Maybe its my age, but these days I want a perfume that will take me different places throughout the day and tease (or taunt) me with its deeper notes - something that has its own personality JUST because it sits with me. Very Hollywood is a lovely frag but I think I could tire of it easily.

vmromero
vmromero

I want to get me a bottle of Very Hollywood. I really enjoy it. Its like the perfect young fruity summer version of his original. I could do without the bottle but I really enjoy the scent. Its like raspberry lemonade and white flowers. I really love the combination. Its such a pretty scent. : )

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

I am a sucker for a pretty bottle so on it went. It would be a mistake to think the "Hollywood" in this fragrance is Nicole Kidman or Cate Blanchette. It is more Lindsay Lohan.

It starts off quite fascinating although you are not quite sure if you like it or not. It is bold, brash & distinct. Very potent Gardenia.

Whilst I was deciding if I did like it or not, like Lindsay, it got more loud & obnoxious as the night went on. I had to wash it off it was giving me a headache. And like all great Hollywood starlets, this little rehab brought it back to life, fresh & subdued, finishing nicely.

I am not sure how it would have naturally progressed if left to run rampant. Ended up in a jail cell on a DUI perhaps?

I'm not actually certain as to why so many people dislike this fragrance. To my nose, Very Hollywood is a glamourous, feminine and delicate white floral.

There is a slight tropical element to this fragrance, possibly due to the jammy raspberry note. This fragrance is a little similar to Marc Jacobs for women, especially in regards to the strong gardenia note.

I like the creaminess that this fragrance conveys. To me this scent is smooth and divine. Its milky-creamy aspect makes this a perfect choice for white floral lovers.

I do think that this fragrance is indeed very Hollywood. Both the scent and the bottle feels very chic and extravagant.

The lasting power is amazing, lasting well into the next day. I'm impressed with this latest creation from Michael Kors.

panda0410
panda0410

As Chopard Wish is to TM Angel, so too is MK Very Hollywood to Kim Kardashian self label; its little sweeter shyer sister. These fragrances are so very alike, but VH is much tamer. I think floriental would be a better description of this perfume. Its a safe, tame, easy to wear, pretty "little" perfume in every sense of the word. Likable but not seriously outstanding.

flyushkifly
flyushkifly

anyone else reminded of Sand and Sable when smelling this creamy floral? that's my association and can't get over the idea of paying designer price for a drugstore dupe. :p

nothing against michael kors. lovely bottle.

narcotic
narcotic

I'm heartbroken... After smelling this in a magazine I rushed out to test it, and what had started off on paper as a fresh, transluscent gardenia ended up smelling like a NutraSweet strawberry jam compote on my wrist.

It's almost as if Kors' marketers insisted that the fragrance smell good on paper and plastic - the skin aspect seems secondary. Beautiful bottle, great marketing campaign, but the juice just didn't work with me. Tragedy!

falovalo
falovalo

This reminded me of Beyond Paradise. They both have that wildflower scent in common. It's an okay, girly fragrance, nothing horrible but nothing memorable either.

MrsTefee
MrsTefee

I don't mind this at all. Its not offensive but not amazing. On me it smelled very rosey with sugarry fruit in it. : )

guest_pearl of the ocean
guest_pearl of the ocean

For a fragrance that is supposed to associate with Hollywood ... *coughs*

This fragrance is far from glamourous and it's not something you could imagine wearing on the Red Carpet.

This perky, ditzy bubblegum fragrance actually reminds me of the countless Reality TV celebrities who seek their 15 minutes of fame, only to fade off into oblivion.
The aromatic notes I encountered were Bubble gum, Hubba Hubba & Gum Ball machine, and for that reason I simply couldn't take this fragrance seriously.

Very Hollywood is not a bad fragrance itself. But if Michael Kors were to create this all over again, I suggest he try incorporating more memorable, 'glamour-worthy' sophisticated notes.

NatWeb
NatWeb

Do you like any of the other Michael Kors fragrances? Great! Well you'll like this one too because it smells JUST LIKE THEM ALL.

guest_elle
guest_elle

I just bought this perfume on ebay yesterday and I am so dissapointed by reading all of these reviews! :(

valarian
valarian

This is just what it appears to be.... Light, easy, pink, fun... Not hard to wear. A light spritz in the morning brightens you up for the day ahead. Not a serious perfume at all. On the whole quite pleasant a light hearted fling rather than an affair!

guest_A. Rose
guest_A. Rose

The sparkling effervescence of "Very Hollywood" actually sneaks up on you, opening on a watery rasberry mixed with waxy-creamy, florist-cooler-fresh gardenia, only to morph into a bubbly, crisp champagne mixed with dried, reedy grasses.

The interpretation of vetiver in "Very Hollywood" is exceptionally modern and strikingly fresh, allowing something that might develop into an otherwise heavy, oily, white floral blend, to instead be breezy and smooth, evoking winds blowing over sun-dried beach grasses gathering dew as the stars begin to appear through twilight. It has the oddest quality of being both extremely memorable and flamboyant, yet, completely hard to classify and assign a specific personality or quality to...which could, actually, be the description of an ideal "star"; striking, distinctly memorable but hard to relegate to a recurring role.

"Very Hollywood" is a true floral--creamy gardenia with fresh grasses--and if over-applied, could be extremely oppressive, but one quick spritz will wear like a flash of light around you and lend a quality of well-primped dazzle. And the clever "flashbulb glass with flamingo pink and gold inlay" bottle is simply fantastic and very distinctive. Good job, Kors and crew.

Minnija
Minnija

dissapointed....smells cheap, nothing unique, nothing expensive, it is really borring and reminds me some old perfume, just can't remember which one

Aphrobaby
Aphrobaby

Simple: It's boring, flat and cheap smelling. The only thing nice about it is the bottle, which looks elegant. Such a misrepresentation as well as disappointment (by the bottle, advertisement and its name).

rachellkimb
rachellkimb

Very sweet and sparkling, the gardenia and mandarin are prominent. I love it.

berrio
berrio

Just smelled this recently and the first thing that came into my head was bubblegum!

honeydays
honeydays

Nothing special. It's pretty, pleasant, floral and powdery, feminine. Smells mild and completely unremarkable.

guest_KsMom
guest_KsMom

My new favorite! Everywhere I went the first day I wore it someone asked what I was wearing saying they loved it. Gotta love that!! It stayed on me all day...light and sweet.

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

I've only tested this in the store...but the initial hit of jasmine and gardenia were very promising. I will have to test some more. Not sure what the staying power is.

LenaBel
LenaBel

To me it has no personality at all - there are plenty scents like this...

EDIT: now that I have tried MK Michael which is a floral headache in the bottle I must add that Very Hollywood is like a tamed version of it. VH starts sweet and I can see where some get this bubblegum note, and later it settles down in to something very similar to MK Michael. Tuberose+orris root is the reason I do not like it. But if you like MK Michael but you think it is too powerful then try this one.

misscareyann
misscareyann

The more I use this fragrance, the more I like it!
The burst of fruity floral that you get when you spray Very Hollywood is my favorite. Then it becomes a pretty gardenia scent. It is not strong enough to be offensive and I've recieved compliments on the 'soft flowery perfume' I was wearing.
It is definitely a fragrance that has to grow on you, but when it does, you are hooked.

MoietToi
MoietToi

I tried it on while I was waiting for check in at Heathrow.At first this scent was very light and abit wishy washy,not at all Hollywood or red carpet. But then it became slightly heavier and yes it did have a slight trace of Old Hollywood to it in the dry down. But it wasn't Very Hollywood at all only slightly Hollywood.

Ouch!
Ouch!

I'm a huge fan of "Michael" by Michael Kors and this is massively similar. In fact it's almost identical apart from it's got a fruit element. It's so so similar though seriously. The tuberose is strong...the incensey notes are strong like the previous creation. They've just added some fruit which soon get's drowned out by the other notes.
I adore this instantly and will be putting it on my list as "Michael" is discontinued I hear. :(

nasus s
nasus s

Not impressive. This is a wannabee Marc Jacobs. It is a very dull scent and the gardenia is all wrong. Gardenia deodorant would be a good description for this if such a thing could be imagined. I'm sorry I possess a sample of this. Raspberry? Vetiver? Really? The bottle and ring are cool though. Maybe I will try this again on a hot day next summer. It could possibly be good for someone who likes very quiet, low impact scents.

knics33
knics33

I am also not liking this. Michael Kors has overall really disappointed me with his fragrance line- most of them smell very similar (with the excepetion of the Island collection- which I also didn't like for other reasons). All I get is thick and creamy Gardenia :/ The bottle is gorgeous though!

soulflwr
soulflwr

Nothing special. I voted "dislike" because I'm sure I won't be buying it.I don't hate it though, It just smells like...well perfume and that's it.

Bouquet
Bouquet

Lovely bottle. I get berries on top of a light gardenia. Lasting power about 4 hours. It's sort of like a fruitier, more youthful Marc Jacobs. It doesn't match the name, either -- it's not really a "big, glamorous, night-on-the- town"-type fragrance; you could actually wear this during the daytime, casually, and to work. I wouldn't consider this a "date-night" fragrance, personally.

Not sure if I will buy this -- it's sweet and non-offensive, but nothing special.

Edit: I wound up buying a few minis. I've found its place in my style -- retro feminine sundress.

holly13
holly13

If you are looking for a light gardenia scent this is fine... but it is not like wow! or anything.

Spring25
Spring25

I tried this today at Macy's. It is lighter and fruitier than I expected. It has a brightness about it that I liked too. The bottle is quite glitzy and pretty. Surrounded by a pleasant assortment of fruit, the sparkly, squeaky clean gardenia is the real star of this Hollywood event.

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

JonR, I swear you and I are the same person! I smelled it again and I'm really starting to like this! There isn't Tuberose in this, So they say, and it does smell like most of his scents. It just isn't as loud and it's kinda sweeter

jonr951
jonr951

Wait everyone! Tuberose isn't even in it? Is it the gardenia that smells awful to me? I don't know but I smelled it again and I'm not that disgusted by it. It's kinda really growing on me! Whoda thought!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Michael Kors Very Hollywood fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Michael Kors Very Hollywood, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Very Hollywood by Michael Kors. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Very Hollywood by Michael Kors represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.