Designers » M » Aromatic Spicy « Groups

Deauville pour Homme Michel Germain for men

Deauville pour Homme Michel Germain for men
dislike

tobacco

Deauville pour Homme is a fresh fragrance for men who love the sophistication of the French. Top notes: French sage, lavender and clementine. Heart: white pepper, nutmeg and white sage. Base: tobacco, amber, orris root and oak moss. Available as EDT of 75 ml.

Lavender Sage Clementine

Nutmeg Pepper

oak moss Amber Tobacco Orris Root

Burberry Brit for Men
Zara Homme NIght

Deauville pour Homme Fragrance Reviews

mikpass
mikpass

If youre expecting a tobacco amber scent you might be disappointed but that being said its still an awesome fragrance. Its one of those scents where you cant pick out any of the notes but blends nicely. You just get a sweet powdery scent somewhat reminiscent of burberry brit. The opening is citrus though

PaolaFlow
PaolaFlow

Absolutely love it!!! I love powdery scents. My nose is so new and untrained so I can't tell what's what yet but I really enjoy.

PaulDell
PaulDell

Smells like baby powder mixed with the original Old Spice. I can't even be around this scent, it makes me sick... Smells very cheap. Almost embarrassing to wear.

Saundera1
Saundera1

This smells a lot like Burberry Brit to me.

romansandals

For those curious about Deauville Blue (which I found at Ross), the flanker smells 95% like a weaker version of Perry Ellis Night. I recommend sticking with the original Deauville.

romansandals

When you want the "mood" of Dior Homme (not a clone) but dont need all of the iris or performance (skin scent on me after 2 hours, which I then just reapply). Did I mention that it was only $8 for 75 mL? Excellent bargain for powdery fans... easily unisex.

Pentecostal Smell Good
Pentecostal Smell Good

The only thing I own from Michel Germain now is the original Séxūal Pour Homme.
I have owned this, Sugar Daddy, and Nights and they all smell extremely cheap and pathetic except the original Sèxūal.

namak
namak

Awesome stuff! Dior Homme does not compare... this is better, unless you like the plasticky powdery smell of Dior H. This has a lot more happening, there is something else besides the very balanced powderiness that reminds me of The Dreamer drydown.

So why this is a cheapie? Perhaps because of the abysmal projection. It lasts a while as a skin scent, but I can hardly smell it myself after the first hour..unless I take a good sniff on myself. Pity..with better projection..this would be a 8/10.

headofstate
headofstate

Deauville is a québécois conceived and executed scent that fits the spring and fall daytime and early evening wear and is targeted at more mature and vintage men looking for a softer, less edgy but still earthy blend of amber, tobacco, aromatic and fresh spicy but without the loudness and complexity of notes so common in these type of fragrances during the 1970s. There's a powdery essence to this early on that is very off putting and a bit cloying, after several wearings I think I can trace it to the mingling of the sage, nutmeg and clementine that makes it rather astringent and synthetic. Luckily this recedes after the first hour of wear as the amber and tobacco assert themselves and push the nutmeg and sage to the background. The ingredients here are cheap and not profoundly blended, but they still make for a passable scent that doesn't overdo the amber and lavender like so many others of its type. The dry down is a soft amber calmed by the oakmoss and tobacco though it's difficult to pick either of them up in anything but flashes under the amber The orris root is there throughout the dry down and lends an even earthier touch to an already muddy and spicy affair. Decent for the budget price, but nothing groundbreaking nor essential. Not for newbies or the 35 and under crowd who are looking for more flash and energy, this is bland. Longevity is quite good, 8-12 hours on average (excels between 50-75 degrees) and projection is moderate with 1-2 sprays but anything more things can get heavy. Didn't receive many compliments wearing this at conferences and the office, but did encounter a couple negative reactions from younger women who insinuated I smelled too powdery and old lady. But with 2 sprays you should avoid any imposition and still enjoy the earthy, spicy tones of this one. Ok release, very good performance but the scent itself is rather bland a bit heavy on the synthetics early before drying into an earthy amber and woodsy, rootsy green aura.

Mrbigbigtoe
Mrbigbigtoe

I am a HUGE fan of his original Sexual Pour Homme.
But honestly, THIS SUCKS.

mfeezy
mfeezy

This is not a bad scent. It's made for the spring/summer. It's a very light non-offensive smell. Perfect for work/office as well as casual use. Longevity may be an issue...

Shoota#1
Shoota#1

Blind bought this one from TJ Maxx. This is a good clean scent that smells like a light powder freshness with a sweet touch. Will not offend co workers they actually like this one.
Update: Many compliments from women with this fragrance. This is smooth and refined and Niche for a great price. This is my new secret go to scent for work.

SmsthersSimpson
SmsthersSimpson

Definitely has that lipstick / women's pocketbook smell. Lacks the cocoa vibe of dior homme. A nice warm weather scent IMO.

instantjim
instantjim

I have had this fragrance for about 6 months. I picked it up while on holiday in the US for about $10 (2.5 oz size). The bottle is weirdly shaped (I think maybe it is shaped like the bow of an ocean liner, or a very foreshortened ship, as Deauville is a seaside resort). Anyhow, the lid is pretty cheaply made and so tight on my bottle that it pulls off the plastic housing surrounding the sprayer. This gives the impression that this fragrance is cheap and nasty. Not true. This is as others have said, powdery, but also has citrus and a hint of pepper. The floral aspect is lavender and something else, which is quite indistinct to me, though I agree with Kmarich : it does resemble neroli. A spicy flanker to Lagerfeld original would smell not too dissimilar to Deauville. The projection and longevity are reasonable and it is certainly worth the small amount I paid for it.

hsuru4u
hsuru4u

weak...powdery...gone in 15 minutes. Sprayer leaked so i returned it...not worth the $10..too bad I enjoy his sexual line.

TheLumineri
TheLumineri

Just picked this up as a blind buy for $14 at Marshalls and I'm glad I did. VERY FRESH AND CLEAN. It's definitly a MAJOR SLEEPER for the price. I enjoy it from fresh opening to smooth drydown. Very underrated! I've already received plenty of compliments. I will hold it down for my everyday-whatever spray during spring. I'd probably give it about a 7.5/10 at least.

Omega Man
Omega Man

Released in 1999, this is a very mild, very powdery pipe tobacco-ish amber scent. Smells okay if you can get past the ghastly powder-puff opening salvo. D&G The One is much better and a more relevant option out of this genre.

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

@mannyb....your review is by far the most agreeable to me on this fragrance.I have no clue where or how Dior Homme comes in here.it DOES NOT smell anything like DH.Absolutely nothing at all!!

I am not too in love with this yet as I find the top notes a bit too much and unpleasant but ok when it dries down to be a bit tolerable.

but as has been said for the price you really cant moan.I do like the bottle though.cant add more to what you did.Excellent review.i do have all the ones you compared this to and wholly agree with you wholeheartedly on this.
Thanks for having a good nose

Weird "fresh" type opening, but then it settles down into a Dior Homme type of fragrance (vintage DH, not the new formulation), so if you like that kind of fragrance, you might like this one. Longevity is very good and projection/"sillage" is moderate, which is appropriate for this kind of fragrance (unless you want to be the center of attraction, perhaps). If you don't like powdery fragrances, avoid this one. Don't expect heavy tobacco here, as there's just a hint of it. Perhaps it is best thought of as a cross between Dior Homme and the original Lagerfeld Cologne (not Lagerfeld Classic, which I consider a poor reformulation), with a bit of oakmoss added.

Is this better than Dior Homme? That leads to an interesting point about fragrances like DH and L'Instant Pour Homme. These two twist and turn in wonderful ways for 2 to 3 hours, but after that things get quite boring. Deauville is not nearly as good during its first few hours as those two are, but after that it retains dynamism and complexity, while those two do not. I guess it's a kind of tortoise and hare kind of thing, but however you want to think of it, ask yourself what you really want from this kind of fragrance. I don't think you'll get a much better powdery tobacco fragrance than Deauville, after a few hours are gone. You might get one a bit different, but not substantially better, whether that fragrance is niche or vintage. I think Michael for Men (Kors) is better than Deauville because it's great all the way through, but that one is not a powdery tobacco fragrance, like Deauville and Dior Homme, so again, it depends upon exactly what you're seeking.

NOTE: DPH and Dior Homme share several strong notes in common (spice, iris/orris, lavender, tobacco, sage, and amber). DPH has some nice oakmoss in the base, whereas DH has a rather nondescript, gourmand-tinted one. There's no doubt that they open differently, but at some point are quite similar. I do not understand how anyone can fail to recognize that these strong notes are common to both, but the human sense of smell never fails to surprise me, it seems.

Odiee99
Odiee99

Spotted a .50z at TJMaxx for $2.00 and jumped on it. When I 1st sprayed it Dior Homme immediately came to mind. This is a wonderful smell my only problem is the projection and longevity. The scent sticks so close to the skin and it seems to wear off very fast. It's good for close encounters with someone special but that's about it.

krmarich
krmarich

A sleeper from the turn of the century. I found a bottle inexpensively at a closeout store and grabbed it. I was expecting cheap aquatic notes and found something very rich and wonderful. The bottle resembles an ocean liner. Its perfect for strolling on the deck of a cruise ship.

There is a refined French sensibility with it. You find lavender,white pepper and other fougere accords. There are more floral notes than what is listed-perhaps some rose, cyclamen and neroli? They are very discreet and inviting. Iris and amber close it with I detect some cedar. The base is complex for such few notes! The tobacco note is there-its the flower and not the dried brown leaves pictured.

Its last for a good 8 hours, projects minimally and requires close contact for other to detect it. That makes it pretty romantic for me. If you can find a bottle, get some for your next seaside visit.

K LUE
K LUE

Got a free bottle and almost didn't take it. Need I say more? But Sexual from Michel Germain is very nice and seductive.

seand7373
seand7373

This reminds me of Boucheron ph. I bought this for shits and giggles for like 15 bucks for 2.5 oz and it was money well spent. This is a great underrated scent.

Very cool clean aromatic with some powdery sweetness to it. Clementine is obvious and herbs blend in so well that I can't say what is what. I get something peppery but never gets spicy or out of hand. Overall, I find it meh... boring actually. The bottle looks a bit too art deco and it's a little cheesy, I think. It's a type of fragrance that ain't for making a statement or a grand entrance. I wouldn't mind getting one but it's not a must have for me.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Michel Germain Deauville pour Homme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Michel Germain Deauville pour Homme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Deauville pour Homme by Michel Germain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Deauville pour Homme by Michel Germain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.