Designers » M » Floral Fruity Gourmand « Groups

Tattoo Michel Germain for women

Tattoo Michel Germain for women
dislike

caramel

Tattoo is a passionate, adventurous and rebellious perfume. Top notes: green lime and purple Passion Flower. Heart: yellow honeysuckle and caramel. Base: timber, amber and musk. It is available as 50 EDP. Tattoo was launched during the 2000's.

Lime Passion Flower

Body Fantasies Fresh Lemon Sugar

Tattoo Fragrance Reviews

THEMacGirl
THEMacGirl

Picked this up for $13 at Winners a few weekends ago. This is EXCEPTIONAL! Smells ten times more expensive than it was, and it's one of the most unique fragrances in my collection.

The lime opening is so refreshing and smells very realistic. Immediately the creamy caramel is evident, and it's great because it's not sugary. I'm sure this fragrance could be worn by a man without anyone being any the wiser that it's marketed towards women.

As the blast of lime subsides, the honeysuckle presents itself and the caramel begins to grow. It's very comforting and rich without being cloying in any way. It's a totally addictive scent.

This has probably been the most successful blind-buy of all time, LOL. My only gripe is that they discontinued the bottle with the artwork as pictured above. That would have been a bonus. :-)

ETA: This is what I had hoped Prada Candy would smell like - that is one gourmand I really don't love. This is reminiscent, without whatever it is that makes me dislike it!

mrs.ralph
mrs.ralph

purchased this fore $8 at burlington coat factory. absolutely love it. have worn it everyday since purchase. very light sweet citrus smell. want to get a few more bottles before i cant find it again.

beautyscent$
beautyscent$

Smells just like D&G LB... Not my cup of tea... It was a blind buy for $12 so I gave to my aunt

MsTlove
MsTlove

Smells identical to the bath and body works lemon vanilla....

Hipchick40
Hipchick40

I'm another lucky one who found this for $7.99 at TJ Maxx (along with a Juicy Malibu roller ball for $9.99 which I haven't smelled yet). It is nice! It's not earth shattering or overly high quality, but I love it h caramel. The lime is bright and happy, as someone else said, cheerful. It really is similar to Nina Nina Ricci. I think it will work year round because of its gourmand goody nature but it's quite charming and uplifting in warmer weather. Honestly, it is a no risk buy, if you see it, like many of us have, at a discount retailer, go for it! It's too fun, pleasant and affordable not to like it :-)

tru4reele
tru4reele

I bought this blind because I heard it smells like Light Blue but much cheaper. Okay so it does smell just like Light Blue. BUT you barely smell anything two minutes after you spray it. I usually give perfumes away that I dont like but this went in the garbage. You might as well spray yourself with water.

pattyk
pattyk

I did a blind buy on this Tattoo perfume. I'm one of those perfume buyers that say either I like it or I don't. I literally have 100 plus perfumes of all kinds. I can appreciate different perfumes like I do different kinds of people but since I'm talking about Tattoo, I must say I love it. It is a wonderful scent and I can see myself drawn to this perfume a lot. Fresh and sweet but not overly sweet, soft and happy. I cannot see this perfume offending anyone with a sense of smell. I will continue to wear this perfume for a while and if deemed necessary, I will review it again after I get a better handle on why it's such a pretty and addicting fragrance for me. Not sure about the longevity or sillage yet. More to come.....

Update:....I do have D&G Light Blue also and this does smell a lot like it but BETTER and Fresher and more pronounced as a happy scent that you want to keep on smelling. Maybe I should buy another bottle of it but I do have a 3.4 oz and it should last a while but Yum Yum indeed!

FeelingRisky
FeelingRisky

Overall: 8.75/10
Here's Why:
Prada Candy with hints of fresh Lime and a richer (IMHO) more authentic caramel vibe.
Won't get too in detail, this is long lasting, yummy and very reasonably priced.
Very interesting that this has such poor ratings, maybe there was a reformulation?
This no longer comes in a glass bottle with a half naked chick with tattoos on it, it comes in a clean clear glass bottle with a nice simply 'tattoo' sticker on it.
Very nice for layering.

kerion
kerion

This smells terrible to me until about an hour after sprayed. I just can't deal with that wait. Going to my daughter lol.

cake n' cuddles
cake n' cuddles

The scent of tattoo is really good! The limey salty caramel and cool passion flower scent combines to something akin to a more gourmandy D&G light blue as other people have mentioned. This fragrance is very fresh with a nice yummy angle, like light blue softened up and stopped to enjoy an airy caramely lemon cake.
I am interested in pretty much anything gourmand, and added this to my ever growing want list/test list without really knowing what it smelt like. Judging from the notes and not reading any reviews before hand I was really surprised at what I was smelling. I never expected this to be so fresh smelling or so similar to something like light blue. I want to stress that it is VERY light yet sweet. I was surprised at how soft-core this is.
The lasting power is pretty poor like pretty much everything that smells like light blue and light blue itself. I think nina ricci is also somewhat similar to the scent, although nina is so much stronger and has harder edges compared to tattoo's soft scent. I am not totally sure if I want a full bottle of this with nina ricci and naturelle already in my collection, but I will keep it in mind.
It also has a nice effect on my mood lifting my spirits and making me feel more cheerful, that is a nice plus. I also get that with YR naturelle and luscious pink by mariah carey which are also fresh, citrusy, and a little bit sweet.

nelise29
nelise29

I just discovered this little gem at Marshall's. It was only $7.99!! This reminds me vaguely of a Michael kors perfume. I definitely notice the lemon/lime notes, but there is also a burst of vanilla/caramel scents. It is very soft and sweet, but not overly sweet like some of the others. I also get a hint of coconut, but maybe that's just me. I find myself continuously sniffing my wrist. :-P Overall, this is a likable, gourmand scent and a great buy!

Covergirl84
Covergirl84

Well, well, well.. What a very pleasant surprise. I've been telling fellow fragranticans abt. this wonder, time to tell the net. IMO, it smells like a very muffled version of DG's Light Blue(it's not a replacement) + Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme cake batter. Yes! Not Betty Crocker or Pillsbury. Duncan Hines! Trust me. I've made enough lemon bars to know.

The perfume starts with a very strong alcohol blast, which dissipates 2 minutes later. You then get Duncan & DG as described above. 30 minutes later, you get a very, very weak 'Light Blue' dry down, w/traces of cake batter.

@ 7.99 for 3.4 oz, I feel like I've made off like a bandit! If you are a Gourmand lover, who can't get past 'Light Blues' scretchy opening, You are in for a treat. No! Not my Lemon bars. The perfume.

SmellieKat
SmellieKat

I bought this today at TJ MAXX for $7.99. It's fun! Yes, Light Blue and yes, citrus all the way through the drydown. Sweet perfumes are my thing right now (not sure why), even though I'm not a teenager or a young woman in my 20's. Tattoo makes me feel good and 'springy' and happy, especially in the evenings after work. Not huge sillage, but on my skin, it lasts long enough. An unexpected bargain that makes me smile.

ritaramirezz
ritaramirezz

Wow...Didn't expect a nice scent to come from such a cheaply priced perfume. I only paid 10 bucks for this at TJ Maxx and it outshines any designer perfume that I own. On initial spray you do get notes similar to D&G's Light Blue. However, in my opinion this perfume smells much better than D&G's Light Blue. I actually own D&G Light blue and you can take a look at my review on that one. Anyways, once Tatoo begins to settle into the skin, this is where it kind of develops its own unique smell different from Light Blue. D&G's Light Blue has that intense strong citrusy lemon smell, Tatoo is more of a sweeter perfume. Kind of like sweet lemon, similar to lemon meringue pie, or a lemon cookie. This is not a sickingly sweet perfume like Fantasy or Pink Sugar, but more of a subtle sweetness. Silliage on this is decent too. I sprayed this baby on at 6:00 a.m. to go to work, by the end of the work day, 4:00 p.m. I can still subtly detect the scent. Not as strong as when I first applied, but I can get a subtle whiff every now and then. Would highly recommend if you like sweet scents, and the smell of lemon. By the way there are no floral notes in this one, like the description above lists.

Sassygirl18
Sassygirl18

This is a dead ringer for D&G's Light Blue, which I love. Maybe a little sweeter. Very nice and a good price.

SS79
SS79

BEST blind swap ever!!! I absolutely LOVE this fragrance! I get the lime and sweetness.. it is absolutely gorgeous!!... smells a bit different on my clothes.. I get the "fruit loop" smell that was previously mentioned - but I love that too!!.. All in all this frag is one of my new favs and its a 100ml bottle! I just wish it was stronger! ;-)

kellbell73
kellbell73

On me this is the lovechild of Prada Candy and Light Blue. Starts out as a pretty, creamy lime scent, but dries down all caramel and nondescript citrus. Moderate silage and lasts about 6 hours-I sprayed myself fairly heavily to achieve these results. I have to agree about the label and cap being cheaply made...I've used it twice and the cap is broken and the pink label came slap off. BUT...for $7.99 US for 3.4oz, this is a wonderful find that I will certainly repurchase. Ummm....YUMMM!

sharyssa
sharyssa

Ok it smells nothing like that shanghai butterfly by nanette lepore this tattoo smells like candied limes and not much else its nice n very light I used most of my bottle and the caps on all m. Geramains perfumes are cheap I don't like his bottles I bought a 3.4 oz and the bottle is clear with a hot pink sticker that says tattoo the box was cheap and hot pink too I don't think his perfumes are quality the boxes show you that and the way the cap lining falls apart it happend to my bottle of sexual and this. one if I see them at a discount ill buy but the prices on his website are laughable for this quality.

jadejoann4
jadejoann4

it is great!!! I love how fresh it is. It is a squirt of lemon and ginger ale. Very good. I love it for everyday. Definitely NOTHING like the perfumes in his line. Finished by a tiny bit lemon drops. LOVE IT!! kinda reminds me of a sweeter version of light blue.... 7.99 at marshalls...yay yea!!

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

A piece of key lime pie with drizzled, melted caramel sitting close to your skin. Candied lime pieces with milk chocolate. Tattoo belies its name. It's a simple, easy scent to wear. The name implies much more of a daring, provocative perfume, but it's not.
This fragrance by Michel Germain is a gourmand delight that upon application seems light and more of a body spray. It is not at all. Hours later, I still catch the delectable lime and caramel sitting close to me. A hint of sandalwood infused with light musk completes its picture on me. It's enjoyable to wear a fragrance like this that doesn't walk ahead of me with its fumes, yet has staying power. The addition of lime is a nice change in today's scents of butter cream frosting, vanilla, sugary perfumes. It's unexpected. Definitely a warm weather fragrance, but I'm curious to test it in the cooler weather, too, since sweeter gourmands do so well in the chillier weather months.
I've been layering Tattoo with a few of my vanilla based frags and the results were wonderful. Adding vanilla to the lime and caramel seemed to give Tattoo a creamy, powdery finish. I used Jessica Simpson's Fancy, Fancy Love, Fancy Nights and Hillary Duff's With Love all with success. They added to the meringue flavor easily.
I like mixing some of my scents that don't work as well alone, but are in a similar category. I can layer to create a more in-depth fragrance for my needs. I'm just adding to the pot, and using some of my frags that don't get used by themselves. Tattoo works perfectly well alone, don't get me wrong. Sometimes I just like to layer scents.
My bottle is the newer changed bottle with the pink label, gold letters. I much preferred the older bottle with the tattooed woman. That bottle suited the name and was far more striking. This bottle is just a plain glass with "Tattoo" emblazoned on it and looks boring to me. But for the price,(I paid 7.99 USD) it was worth it.
I love my gourmands and if you do, I'd give this one a try. Especially if you like key lime pie. That's a must.

marsiesmoon
marsiesmoon

I quite like it.I rated it as a "love" because it's more love than like :) It's a great deal if you can find it at TJ Maxx etc.

I also get the frootloop vibe, but then musk and caramel to follow.It is very light with little projection, but still a great buy!

hollyms
hollyms

Very sweet, odd, cloying scent that just rubs me the wrong way

Smells like a sweet candied lime, with some floral notes supporting, and a soft musk in the base. The first blast of lime can be sharp, but this quickly settles into sweetness. The florals are vague but if I had to pick from the pyramid, I'd say I smell the honeysuckle very slightly. This is a warm scent to me, and soft, almost powdery but not quite. Casual and friendly, like a hug.

celebrity89
celebrity89

I have the one in the pretty, clear bottle. Is it the same formula? Anyway, this frag should be called "Tinkerbell's Tattoo". It is so innocent and light, Disney could have produced this one. It smells just like lemon butter cookies. Very nice, but you have to use it like a body spray for it to register.

karenply
karenply

I bought this blind, based on some reviews I read. It sounded like something I'd like. I LOVED it instantly however hubby thought it smelled like BO! I guess it doesn't work with my body chemistry!! Very "vanilla" smelling.

Vamy69
Vamy69

I am so happy I got a 3.4 oz bottle of this today for $9.99 at TJ MAXX! I have been wanting to try this for a very long time and yes it was a total blind buy! It does bear some similarities to D & G Light Blue but this one is sweeter and has a nice sweet creamy caramel background to it. Its almost like caramel drizzled limes. I also get some woody notes mingling in. It is very inoffensive and light not cloying. I think you could wear this in any season as well. I am going to wear it for the next few days on one arm to test its longevity. So far it is sitting very close to the skin and I have had it on for about 2 hours. Not bad for $9.99!

mlpalazzo
mlpalazzo

Very pretty light, inoffensive and very feminine. Smelled slightly tart and then sweet and pretty, could make a nice office scent. However, the lasting power and sillage were so poor I returned it. Sad since I did really like the juice.

Aspendina
Aspendina

so yummy i wish the scent would project off me all day but it only does for a few minutes then sits lightly on the skin. I may have to swap it since it lacks projection. But its really nice.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I heard about this fragrance numerous times on different blogs and since ingridients sounded intriguing, I decided to bide my time and see if its appears in my local discount stores. And my patience was rewarded this weekend at TJ Maxx-huge bottle of this for only $9.99! Of course, I had to get it. Now,as soon as smelled it, I realized that it reminded me of something I've worn before and then it hit me-it was one of the Versace fragrances, now discountinued, I think it was called Essence Exciting(or something to that effect, this site lists it too). Even though notes are not simular, to my nose it smells just the same. After I read the reviews here and saw people commenting that it smells just like Light Blue, I have to disagree.
When you first spray it, its rather citrusy(with lime)and Light Blue has citrus in abundance but that's where it ends. Tatoo is much more sweet and soon after the initial spray, I could smell caramel but it rather subtle. You won't be hit in the face with intense caramel scent. I think its described best as lime creme dessert(as it does have rather strong lime note). Having said that, it a very light and unoffensive scent just like LB but lasting power is a bit better. On my skin it did last couple of hours(Light Blue dissapears in 30 min on me) but it lays very close to the skin so you won't overwhelm anyone with your scent.
I have to report that bottle is different now-its clear heavy glass, rather simple and reminds me of men's cologne bottle. Not a fan of previous bottle or this one but for $9.99 who am I to complain?
I like this scent but I don't love it
UPDATE: if you own Pink Chiffon by BBW, this is extremely simular. I happened to smell my bottle of PC yesterday and was amazed on how close this is. Both are fruity gormands and the only difference is that Tatoo has more lime in the opening. The middle and bottom notes listed are not the same but smell almost identical. The bad thing now is that I have two bottles of very simular scent and it will probably last me until the end of time but good thing is that I can layer Tatoo with Pink Chiffon body care products

schwarzpennella
schwarzpennella

I went to marshals with the hubby last night & was attracted to the cool name tattoo lol. My bottle is so cute! Clear sleek w/ the name tattoo in pink outlines in gold. Anyway I was a little disappointed because when I got home & took it out of the box it smelled exactly like D& G light blue!! It does believe me!! I hate when perfumes all smell alike! I was hoping for something different for once! But if you like light blue grab this perfume! Look in Marshalls or TJ Maxx. My bottle was 10.00 $$$. After reading these reviews some girls say there is lime in it & caramel?? Maybe there is that in it?? I mean I like it and will deff wear it! But like I said It smells just like Light Blue D&G.

Rebe
Rebe

I agree it smells a lot like Light Blue with a chocolately undertone somewhere... I cant make up my mind as to whether it is long lasting or not... I feel like the scent is gone then I catch a whiff randomly... Agree it is a crowd pleaser and if you can find it (found mine at Marshall's for 9.99) then snap it up... You wont regret it!!!

fullbottleworthy
fullbottleworthy

I can't tell if I like this one or not. First sniff of the bottle- YUM. First spray- YUM. 5 minutes later- HUH?? The scent was 90% gone. The weird part though is that the last 10% stayed for hours. It turned a little weird on me, to be honest. It's really a yummy lime smell (and to me not anything like Light Blue!) The caramel is very apparent, and smells delicious at first. I think it might be the drydown that I find so bizarre, because the top notes are delicious. I think there is just something about a lime and caramel perfume though that doesn't sit well with my skin. I'm not saying I don't like it. I just think it's a little weird and I'm not sure that others would appreciate it on my skin. I picked up the new style bottle at Ro$$ for very cheap and it is much better looking than the old one, but the cap doesn't fit on well. Anyways, not sure if I want to keep this one or not...

traes
traes

Disappointment. This smells nearly identical to D&G Light Blue.

mandashell

Just an FYI, for those of you (and me ) that love the scent but hate the bottle, it has received a new sleek and classy make over. And it also comes in a 3.4oz Anyway, go to the official Michel Germain website to check it out. Looks very nice! :D

AshDiCar
AshDiCar

The bottle is cheap and tacky as hell. The packaging actually comes with a tongue ring bolted to it just in case you were getting sick of your old one. With a name like Tattoo and a bottle design of some naked rocker chick with a dragon climbing up her back, you would expect something dark and sexy - something that goes well with cocaine, cigarettes and bourbon. I see this bottle and I’m thinking strobe lights and exotic dancers drenched in Angel or Opium. I'm imagining a scent that you wear only once on an epic weekend in Vegas because even the slightest whiff of it afterwards makes your stomach turn. Talk about false advertising! Thankfully, I did not buy this for the bottle - it's all about the juice inside.

Tattoo should really be named something like Fairy Dust. It is sweet, innocent, light and very pretty. I love the combination of lime, caramel and passion flower. It's a sweet and creamy caramel cake with sugared passion flower and lime zest on top. The lime adds an unexpected zing that is very summery and almost tropical. I see the similarity to Hypnose but Tattoo is much better. I also agree that this would work in either warm or cool weather - it's very versatile. This was a blind buy based on the reviews here and I'm very happy! Tattoo is lovely!!!

ahnm
ahnm

surprisingly, this smells REALLY GOOD. it doesn't smell at all like how i expected it to. it's clean, light and airy, but still sweet, cozy, and stands out. the sillage is really good, and longevity is decent (6 hours on me)
first spray: smells very chemical, and not too pleasant.. a couple minutes in, the lime emerges. it's not tart or unbearable. very light and gives the perfume a slight edge and makes it unique.
middle notes: you can still smell the lime a little bit, but the most obvious note is passionflower. very similar to the passionflower in lancome hypnose.
base notes: caramel and passionflower. the caramel is similar to jessica simpson's fancy, except a little bit less sweet, and a bit more 'clean' and lighter. the drydown is basically caramel and passionflower.
i love this fragrance. it's very wearable in the fall, not cloying, and a little goes a long way. it's unique enough for a signature fragrance too. if you like jessica simpson fancy or lancome hypnose or viva la juicy type scents, you will love this! it's like a cross between all 3.

anneymn
anneymn

Candied lime & carmel creaminess.

Its starts as a very bright zingy lime, but in a good way. It calms down pretty fast and the lime becomes more candied (I can see the comparison to fruitloops)and has a very creamy yumminess.

I think it would work for any season because the citrus is nice for hot weather and the creaminess is nice for cool weather.

The bottle is cheap looking, very plain shape, and that is actually a sticker of the name and tattooed girl.. mine has a side pealing up, lol. But it smells wonderful.

zuiahiah99
zuiahiah99

smells like light blue on me.

Congeniality
Congeniality

I'm sweet like chocolate, I'm bring myself so much joy, I'm sweet like chocolate, u-hu. Tap-tap-tap-tararap... :)
Just PERFECT, I am in love with it as you have already noticed :) Thumbs up for Tattoo.

mandashell

Yay, what a great find! :D This was a blind buy that really turned out for the best. Michel Germain Tattoo is definitely one of my faves! Anyway, this is a perfectly sweetened, caramel and candied lime delight. It smells so darn yummy and the lime here isn't sharp but tolerable.

In the opening the lime and passionflower are kinda juicy and refreshing. The Honeysuckle and caramel give Tattoo some delicious creaminess and the base gives it a flirty, sassy and sweet finish. :) Lasting power is moderate for an Edp, lasts about 4-6hrs. You could really pull this off all year round but it has been the perfect sweet scent for me during the heat of the summer, never cloying.

I'll agree that Tattoo is rather addictive and I plan to seize another bottle before it becomes incredibly difficult to find. Luckily it is very affordable and cost me $15 for the 1.7oz. Anyway, I highly recommend this to Gourmand lovers or those that may want to try a sweet scent that isn't over-the-top, juvenile or obviously foody. I think I'll have to keep this one in my collection for quite some time!

krissycat
krissycat

This is one of my favorite gourmand scents ever. Infact I have a back up bottle for this one for when I run out because I love it so much. I think this is one of those unfounded treasures because not many people wear this or know of this but it's incredibly addictive, the scent lasts for hours, and it smells absolutely delicious. HIGHLY recommended.. very difficult to find. I found both my bottles at CVS for a decent price, half price off the original price I found on the web. Good find if you can locate it

sfsassy
sfsassy

Great scent that you can usually pick up online for around $15. Smells a lot like creamy limes. A little candy-ish. But a I think I will reach for it a lot in the summer for sure.

guest_guestmeme
guest_guestmeme

wow...very interesting!

First of all, right away this scent reminds me of the cereal "Frootloops!" lol

The Lime is dominant in the beginning, but this is very well balanced. ;)

The passionflower goes GOOD with the Lime, and the caramel is certainly what makes this scent sexy, and the drydown is sweet, but not overly sweet.....a very nice sexy gourmound scent. A must for gourmound lovers. The lasting power is GREAT too! Over 6 hours so far. :)