Designers » M » Chypre Floral « Groups

Misha Mikhail Baryshnikov for women
dislike

cinnamon
Misha Mikhail Baryshnikov for women Pictures

Misha is a perfume for women launched in 1989. The fragrance is named after the Mikhail Baryshnikov’s nickname. The perfume is a rich chypre - floral, opening with notes of bergamot, peach and lemon. Jasmine, rose, raspberry, carnation and cinnamon form the heart of the composition, followed by the base of vetiver, oak moss, patchouli and amber.

Bergamot Amalfi Lemon Peach

Carnation Jasmine Cinnamon Rose Raspberry

Vetiver Patchouli Amber

Misha Fragrance Reviews

Waltzing Matilda
Waltzing Matilda

Thank you hiram.j for the chance to experience this beauty! If it was readily available, I'd be tempted to only wear Misha and no other. Like Baryshnikov's mastery of the dance, this fragrance is a masterpiece in perfume. With superior silage and staying power, it's a deep, voluptuous, chypre floral Heaven. I'll wear it when the occasion calls for a fragrance with sophistication and class.

archivist
archivist

I was finally able to try this after my mom found a vintage mini at a garage sale, and now I can finally see why it matters to people. Why they pay what they do for it.

This is a LOT like other 80s orientals but at the same time, it's NOT like all the other 80s orientals. There's a lot of shared DNA, but somehow this chypre smells fresh, lightly sweet, clean - and that's not really am 80s chypre trait. To find an 80s power chypre/oriental that has this levity and lissome grace is pretty unheard of. The jasmine is exceptional - not filthy, no animalics denoting questionable feminine hygiene - but all the narcotic impact of the flower nonetheless, without any of the needlemarks that come from the modern synthetic jasmines and their sharp, relentless edges and points.

I could absolutely swear I'm smelling orange blossom in here, but maybe that's the amber and the jasmine mixing it up.

I normally intensely dislike carnation and vetiver, but here they're so well blended and of such quality that they're not optional, they're part of a perfect whole. It's always a pleasure to encounter a scent that makes you reconsider the universality of your "dislikes" with respect to notes. I think the vetiver is what makes this so unusual, but I'd really have to sit down and make a serious study of Misha in comparison with Cinnabar, Opium, Diva, Tabu, and 80s Mitsouko to really nail it down (and I gave up my vintages a long time ago).

Also, I never felt any burning need to try Misha because I assumed the peach would be Grojsman peach, that decalactone that I grew to hate over the course of overexposure to it during the years when Grojsman's signature was on nearly every woman's skin at some point, if not all the points.

It's not. Or if it is, it's blended so differently as to make it unique.

There's a soapy aldehyde in here but it's so peculiar, so refined, that it's almost intimidating instead of being "soap is a thing that all people relate to."

This is really good. The people who collect it aren't insane (sometimes I wonder). It's worth it. Very close to Dans Tes Bras, but softer and more refined, less woody. [Edited to add: OR NOT. This gets sweeter on the drydown, a fantastic sudden appearance of opoponax that reads like incense and marshmallows. This shouldn't work in a classic power 80s ballad of a chypre, but it does.

lairdutemp
lairdutemp

Paloma Picasso is very similar to Misha.

brt
brt

I would love to smell this one again because when it first came out I sprayed it at the department store and at that time I found it shockingly sweet. I remember vaguely thinking 'bubble gum' but I wonder now if the tester was compromised. I was expecting something more sophisticated. The descriptions here make me long for another try. A decant might be on the horizon.

mocha43
mocha43

I recently bought a fb on e-bay and am loving it. I can distinguish the spicy carnation and cinnamon and the lovely floral and peach scent, and I'm not usually good at making out different notes. I bought this when it first came out although it seems like that was earlier than 1989. I loved it then as now. When I bought it I was looking for something similar to my beloved "Livia". It is not too similar but very lovely in it's own way.

Limpylou
Limpylou

I loved this and continue to love it. Keeping my eye on eBay I have found the 1.7oz bottle for a reasonable price without a cap; I had saved an old bottle so was able to just replace the cap. I have never found anything like it. I save it for when I feel particulary "wintry: (not always easy in Florida). It is a great fragrance and I was sad to see it disappear.

rondalee123
rondalee123

This was my signature scent for years. It is now discontinued & I have searched endlessly to find a similar fragrance. I sometimes splurge & buy it on EBay, but it is so expensive I have not been able to lately. If anyone knows of a perfume similar, please let me know.

SouthernBeauty
SouthernBeauty

This is too my dream fragrance. I have actually been followed on numerous occasions by both ladies and gentlemen inquiring about what perfume I was wearing. It used to be my signature scent until it was discontinued. I believe it has oak moss in it too as stated by Lana. The spiciness of this scent is absolutely divine. I have not come across anything remotely similar to this scent in my years of searching the perfume market. With the smokey, spicy notes it almost smells like a fine wine especially with the fruity notes. It is truly heavenly. If anyone can suggest a scent similar to this one please let me know.

divinora
divinora

This is my dream fragrance. I have coveted it ever since it has been available on the market. I believe that it is no longer being produced which is why I have had difficulty purchasing it the last few years. I have been using it sparingly since I only have a half bottle of the edp left and three brand new 1.7 bottles of the edt which I procured from the quaintest most remote drugstore around.

I used to at one time own the body cream which was absolutely heavenly.

I am on a quest now to find a fragrance that can come the closest to it. The edt of Coco Chanel seems to have certain similarites but not quite close enough.

This is a sensual and warm fragrance that sits beautifully on the skin.

In a sea of fragrances that exist, Misha is as of yet my ideal.

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

I think this is classified perfectly! The very beginning I could smell a very rich chypre base (I could swear there is oakmoss in this, and a good amount of it), then very quickly the florals began to show up with along with fruity peach. Lovely! This smells very very close to something else I have, perhaps the vintage fragrance called Calvin Klein. I shall have to give it a sniff again.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Mikhail Baryshnikov Misha fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Mikhail Baryshnikov Misha, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Misha by Mikhail Baryshnikov. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Misha by Mikhail Baryshnikov represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.