Designers » M » Floral Fruity Gourmand « Groups

Coeur d`Ete Miller Harris for women

Coeur d`Ete Miller Harris for women
dislike

Coeur d`Ete Miller Harris for women Pictures

Coeur d`Ete by Miller Harris is a Floral Fruity Gourmand fragrance for women. Coeur d`Ete was launched in 2006. The nose behind this fragrance is Lyn Harris. Top notes are cacao pod, mandarin orange, grapefruit, licorice and lemon; middle notes are banana, white pear, cassia, lilac and heliotrope; base notes are sandalwood, musk, benzoin and vanilla.

Cacao Pod Mandarin Orange Grapefruit Licorice Lemon

Banana White Pear Cassia Lilac Heliotrope

Sandalwood Musk Benzoin Vanilla

Amaranthine

Coeur d`Ete Fragrance Reviews

ras.kel.5
ras.kel.5

The lilac and heliotrope overwhelm all the other notes on my skin. It smells clean and creamy, thanks to the sandalwood. Overall scent resembles that of dove soap.

nexangelus
nexangelus

Like raw umber, this to me is an autumn scent. Very sweet and comforting rather than refreshing. Out of all the banana-ry scents I tried this is one of two that were instant hits. Ripe, sweet banana-ry goodness. It is gourmandly rich and just a warm, woody, cosy thing. I do not get any fresh notes from this, apart from the initial spray and then it goes powdery and soft and sweet and I think I am in love with all things Miller Harris. Now join me in singing the Minions' "BA-NA-NA" song...

raw umber
raw umber

Coeur d' Ete contains a kombucha-like tang in its opening and middle. This may turn some people off, but it deserves to be worn in different temperatures and humidity levels because as Sherapop said, it changes from wear to wear.

The Heliotrope lends a little bite of cool powder to the lilac and all the citruses and other fruits sort of blend together into a warm, tart, half-fermented pulp. The cumulative effect is like a fresh Lilac bar soap next to a glass of fruity sour kombucha.

It smells intimate, curious, and feminine. It isn't always easy to wear, but it does smell very natural, which affords its more challenging attributes an approachable quality.

The far drydown reads as Egyptian musk on me which is totally sexy and unexpected. I can't find it until the end of Coeur d' Ete's life, which is why I love to wear this all day, and all night-waking up to musk the next morning.

It's misnamed, I think. Should have been called After Summer, Before Fall. I think it suits this time best.

Sandra Smells Scents-uous
Sandra Smells Scents-uous

COEUR D'ETE immediately smelled familiar and I couldn't quite put my finger on it. I mulled over it a long time and finally came to the conclusion that most people would find this oddly familiar (which sounds surprising because this frag has a cornucopia of notes that don't seem like they would blend -- but they do -- seamlessly).

This smells like a mother...you've got to smell this to understand. It is difficult to discern any one note but this frag is powdery and warm at the dry down. It smells of comfort and hugs. It is a very easy to wear perfume. The kind of scent you want to cuddle into and forget the world and enjoy the here and now.

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

Coeur d'Eté has been likened to Après l'Ondée, but I don't really see it. Aprés l'Ondée is much more airy and ethereal, while Coeur d'Eté has something very substantial, almost chunky.
On my skin it's warm and enveloping, has a dark honeyed sweetness. A very motherly sweetness, or is it just me being influenced by the story?
Fresh purple lilacs cut through the musky sweetness and a woody note balances everything nicely.
The very late drydown, a stage I only experience with this scent when showering in the evening (more than 12 hrs after applying), is a soft smoky woody blend of benzoin and sandalwood. Utterly captivating.

dlane1953
dlane1953

I'm confounded by the mixed reviews here for this fragrance. To my nose, it's light, fresh, and easy to wear. I don't pick out many of the individual notes because they are beautifully blended to create a soft, easy overall feeling. Fruit salad? Funereal feel? I can't imagine these are reviews for the same fragrance that I'm now wearing. It's a lovely soft summery floral. Sure, if a reviewer studies all the notes in the fragrance, you'd come to the conclusion that it's a cornucopia of disharmonious notes. Not so. I'd recommend that if you have the chance, give it a sample wear. Charming and feminine. A great daytime scent for warmer months with excellent longevity due to the resinous base and great sillage as well.

What would happen if one replaced the iris and violet of Guerlain APRES L'ONDEE with lilac? I believe that the result would be very similar to Miller Harris COEUR D'ETE. This, too, is a complex composition boasting many diverse notes. This, too, has a licorice/anise note, in particular. This, too, is fresh and clean just as the air would be right after a rain shower. However, the purple flowers have been mixed up a bit.

Heliotrope is listed for both APRES L'ONDEE and COEUR D'ETE, but lilac looms large in the latter while being entirely absent from the former, and no iris or violet are present here. The overall effect of COEUR D'ETE is less sweet, but the feeling is very similar to me, as though these fragrances were cousins.

Strangely, the evaluations I've seen of COEUR D'ETE are much less glowing than those of APRES L'ONDEE, invariably hailed as a masterpiece by everyone and his wife. My explanation is simple: lilac is stronger than the many other components of COEUR D'ETE, so this creation can come off as a lilac soliflore. The many other interest-making notes are blended in very subtly, so that one would not immediately guess that banana, cocoa, or even licorice are present.

However, comparing COEUR D'ETE to other true lilac soliflores such as Frédéric Malle EN PASSANT or Ineke AFTER MY OWN HEART (not to mention Yves Rocher LILAS MAUVE and Demeter LILAC, both of which lie on a lower tier), I find that this perfume has more heft and presence. It also varies a lot from wear to wear, depending upon the temperature and humidity. Under all climatic conditions, I find COEUR D'ETE quite lovely and recommend it to anyone who appreciates purple flowers and especially those who find violet at times too sweet.

antfarm
antfarm

Coeur d'Ete smells nothing like you'd expect from the notes listed. I don't detect a single note from those above, except for maybe a little bit of benzoin.

On me it is a light and pleasant chypre similar to 31 Rue Cambon, but less green. A cousin of Rochas Femme, but way less potent. It's very nice, but kind of deceptive and overpriced.

amanda1nc
amanda1nc

I truly enjoy Coeur d'Ete. I'm not getting an overwhelming lasting powdery scent from this fragrance, as some of the other reviews stated. The powder is definately there but it does not dominate the fragrance on me. It starts out a little fruity, then developes, as I read elsewhere, with a scent of babies. Luckily, that only lasts a short time on me before it develops into a smooth soft vanilla, violet, sandalwood, pear scent that is absolutley gorgeous!! I do love this scent! It has a smorgaspord of many unusual scents that combine together to make a very lovely scent. It is my first from Miller Harris Perfumes, I definately would love to try more!!

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

A very interesting beginning, that soon develops into a strong and persistent powdery scent. Potent and extremely long lasting, one must really love the sweet powder this fragrance has to enjoy it. Personally I prefer more delicate scents.

_lolita_
_lolita_

Wow, this feels like Alice discovering the wonderland!
This is how I imagine the smell of the crazy puzzeling world with a fascinating beauty and logic on its own.
In Coeur d´Ete not a single fruit or aroma stands out.
Theres a lot going on like all the notes having a party in your nostrils.
I read that the concept behind this fragrance was to create a mild perfum for pregnant women, which for me is even more evidence for the hidden "wonderland logic" in this scent, because this is everything but mild.
Despite all this trippy attidude CdE still has something old fashioned to it; like opening a dusty box that contains your grandmothers dearest treasures from her girlhood.
So if you are looking for a dazzling flashy olfactory adventure and if you are not afraid to lose your head CdE is just your thing!

elizabethjaneforrest
elizabethjaneforrest

I expected this to me much more pleasant. The notes sound fantastic, but the smell is almost funereal. Heavy and sad.

Darling Starling
Darling Starling

Haha. This scent almost makes me giggle. To me it is just too much, and if you read the notes, it is an olfactory grocery store! I suppose this could work for someone, but for me it's a fruit salad topped with spices, piles of herbs and a big cup of Chai tea spilled over top. Not my "cup of tea" for sure.

HeatherStarr2424
HeatherStarr2424

Orange and licorice. What a bizzare combination. This is not for me, a gift with purchase, but it's still fruity and spicy at once. Very interesting.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Miller Harris Coeur d`Ete fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Miller Harris Coeur d`Ete, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Coeur d`Ete by Miller Harris. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Coeur d`Ete by Miller Harris represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.