Designers » M » Woody Chypre « Groups

Feuilles de Tabac Miller Harris for women and men

Feuilles de Tabac Miller Harris for women and men
dislike

tobacco
Feuilles de Tabac Miller Harris for women and men Pictures Feuilles de Tabac Miller Harris for women and men Pictures

Feuilles de Tabac by Miller Harris is a Woody Chypre fragrance for women and men. Feuilles de Tabac was launched in 2000. The nose behind this fragrance is Lyn Harris. Top note is pimento; middle notes are sage and pine tree needles; base notes are tonka bean, patchouli and tobacco.

Pimento

Sage Pine Tree Needles

Tonka Bean Patchouli Tobacco

Havana

Feuilles de Tabac Fragrance Reviews

Q80
Q80

my brother bought me this perfume as my request while he was abroad. i was using it since a month till today and i have absolutely no idea what the smell is like!! it's not tobacco, it's not oud, it's not cigars or smoke, to me it's nothing, it's just like a very light smell that i have absolutely no idea what it is, it vanishes very easily, he bought it from Harvey Nichols, so it is original.
my personal type of perfumes are "pineider cuoio nobile"
Mona Di Orio "Cuir", Blood Concept O+, Charriol "Royal leather". all the past are mainly leather , but this perfume has nothing to do with leather or tobaco or even flowers!!!

A simplified version of Havana of the Aramis line, with sort of a "brown leaf" type tobacco note. This one seems more linear too but smells nice. I think the the juniper berry plays a large role in Havana, which is also more powdery, so if you don't like these qualities, this one is worth sampling. I think I prefer Havana but this one is quite good.

williamvargas
williamvargas

a really nice elegant tobacco fragrance, not too heavy on the tobacco but just enough so it registers and a bit on the sexy side of smells., have been sampling some of the miller harris fragrances , very nice. appealing..i like this one a lot. excellent quality overall.. this line should be considered when looking for scents. nice people too, have corresponded with them online and they are fast on replying and very friendly. two thumbs up...class act company.

fuggerone
fuggerone

the best tobacco along with Dunhill 1934..has an incredible vintage vibe to me it's 8.5/10

isenseincense
isenseincense

My Dad used to work nights in the restaurant and he always wore Old Spice. And I love the smell of old spice, I think it holds its own. (I don't believe in perfume snobbery i just believe in perfume and the power of scent).

And thats what this smells like to me.

I wear mens frags if I like it and have no qualms about it but this is the smell of my Dad and so it just isn;t right for me to wear it.

Maybe in time I will smell more from this scent than a memory of being tucked in and go to sleep while everyone else was going to have a fab evening!?

Must just add that it does smell lovely

I've got it, by Jove!
All you have to do is wait and eventually it calms, settles and beds in real pretty! All womanly and full..like a 38 D cup!
Wait for the top notes to burn off and theres no Old Spice at all....just warmth and woody delight.
Not only have i bought it but Ive also bought La Fumee which a previous reviewer was spot on about - they work so beautifully together.
I think I've got a bit obsessed with Miller Harris!

AnyaZ
AnyaZ

For me, this is a delight to smell, and I am working up the courage to wear it to work. This strong, woody, spicy but sweet scent actually reminds me of Roger & Gallet's Oeillet (carnation) soaps (the fancy ones that come tissue-wrapped three to a box), which I adored as a child. In all, this scent reminds me of the richness of antique furniture, of a sophisticated older lady who loves classical music and jazz. Moment of inspiration: it is phenomenal worn together with Miller Harris La Fumee (equal parts).

pimentosugars
pimentosugars

This is the first Miller Harris Perfume I have ever tried on my skin, and it is utterly sublime!

The tobacco curls up with a very soft edge that is creamy without being too sweet, and has just enough green notes to be fresh rather than sharp. The tonka beans work well with the wood. It lasts a long time and dries down into a lingering soapy clean scent that holds its own, even against a frankly horrific curry I made that night!

I find this would be a very sensual scent on a man; it gives me the feeling of a guy confident, generous, a man who just is and doesn't have to try too hard. Mmmmmm!

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

just bought this for my husbands 40th birthday. To me it's a real mans scent, natural spicy and expansive. It smells of autumn leaves and is quite irresistible!

shamus1
shamus1

This is an unbelievably great pine and tobacco scent! What a superb and unusual combination! I love pine scents and I love tobacco fragrances, so I'm really loving this one.

When I first wore this, I was so surprised at how strong the pine and patchouli was in this, that I completely overlooked the tobacco. Trust me, there is a LOT of tobacco in Feuilles de Tabac, but it's not the usual smooth, semi-musty kind of tobacco smell you get from fragrances like Acqua di Cuba or Moods Uomo. Here, we're talking about the smell of dry, unlit cigars inside a cedar cigar box. I can smell the sweet tobacco note beneath the pine and patchouli, but it took me a few wearings to get it.

Although I can't say this wouldn't smell good on a woman, Feuilles de Tabac clearly smells like a men's fragrance to me. It also projects well and has very good staying power on my skin.

This is an outstanding fragrance.

MY RATING: 9/10

Kione
Kione

I tested this yeasterday, and I like the smell it has left on my clothes the next day! Its VERY masculine, reminds me of Fahrenheit, and the starting notes are very strong, don't think I would dare to apply it behing my ears as I usually do. My wrist was close enought to my nose! Maybe be put it in a little bottle and applying it with the tip of a finger would do the trick. The spray was too much. But as I say, at the moment of applying the pepper and pine tree are too strong, the dry down is better and the smell in the clothes now is lovely, I can really smell the patchouli which I love.

Edit 2013:

I completely fell for this stuff. No, it's not the most original fragrance around but it wears incredibly good. A classic masculine which is extremely well blended. If you need something solid, with no particular twist, versatile but at the same time classy, go for it. Somewhere bewteen Aramis and vintage Equipage. Good stuff.

Rating: 7.5/10

Original Review:

Feuilles De Tabac is one of those fragrances that while they definitely smell good they're also not particularly outstanding or even inspiring/evocative to do a review.

A nice citrus/spicy opening evolving into a green tobacco leafs middlephase that's pretty enjoyable and well executed yet not particularly fascinating. Hints of coniferous and a sweet ambery/tonka beans base is all I get in the drydown. Overall Feuilles De Tabac could be much better if just a little more daring but considering its conventional evolution it ends up being just nice. Good but not full bottle worthy.

Rating: 6.5/10

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

I beg to differ from Tessture's review, and find that this is VERY different from the everyday "men's scents", especially as it is sweet enough to pass for a unisex. I love the smell of the tobacco leaves - I guess it's when you dry and burn them that they stink! This is a great blend of unusual ingredients, nothing stands out for attention, and the scent is also very long-lasting, 6 hours+ on my skin. This is one that is definitely going to be added to my collection. I think the Miller Harris house has made some effort to produce quality fragrances, as I have liked all I have tried.

catfishy
catfishy

There is not even a hint of tobacco in this perfume ! I don't understand where the name comes from . If you are looking for a tobacco scent -look elsewhere !

I thought i would love this so i order a decant online. Turn out it smells like some old man pomade, which really makes me nauseate. Well i guess it doesn't go with my chemistry, or my nose is not sophisticate enough to like this :'(

Miss_Nightingale
Miss_Nightingale

Ooh, now this I like. Not one for the shy, retiring type of chap who blushes should anyone meet his eye - this a fragrance to get you noticed, for sure. It's incredibly rich and autumnal in nature - a really lovely handling of the clove and pine needle, which could have been far too heady and overpowering had they not been reigned well in with the herbaceous borders that surround this, and the dry, spicy, peppery notes that infuse all levels of this fragrance. The sage is quite unusual, and not perhaps one that I'd have imagined I'd like (I sprayed this on myself, and would wear this with a big thick sweater on a cold day, walking through the woods & kicking through the leaves - though I think, on balance, I'd prefer to snuggle up & sniff this on the neck of my beloved).

Slightly badly tempered in the early stages, this rounds off to become a nutty, spicy drydown that's an all-day wrist sniffer for me - a Mr. Darcy of a perfume - all darkly brooding & sexily tousled, but with a warm heart underneath all that bluster.

scentread
scentread

I purchased on ebay thought I'd give it a try. I'm into tobacco scents this one is too strong at first spray, the dry down is very warm and inviting though,if you can get thru the top notes you can savour the middle and base ones.It has great staying power.I even sprayed my car's interior at the beginning of autumn,needless to say it still lingers with a robust and addictive scent.

Sage and tobacco based men's scent. The notes sound great, but in the end it just isn't that much different from other men's scents.

Feuilles de Tabac by Miller Harris 4.18 out of 5 based on 125 ratings and 17 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Miller Harris Feuilles de Tabac fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Miller Harris Feuilles de Tabac, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Feuilles de Tabac by Miller Harris. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Feuilles de Tabac by Miller Harris represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.