Designers » M » Floral Fruity « Groups

Figue Amere Miller Harris for women and men

Figue Amere Miller Harris for women and men
dislike

ozonic

Figue Amere by Miller Harris is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women and men. Figue Amere was launched in 2002. The nose behind this fragrance is Lyn Harris. The fragrance features amber, mandarin orange, violet leaf, balsam fir, cedar, bergamot, angelica, rose, narcissus and seaweed.

Amber Mandarin Orange Violet Leaf Balsam Fir Cedar Bergamot Angelica Rose Narcissus Seaweed

Figue Amere Fragrance Reviews

burgundyangel
burgundyangel

Order it blindly base on reviews here. I couldn't get the fig at all. Am totally bump blind buying this. It just smell pungent to me.

Edit 13 July 2016
Am really greatly disappointed at this highly rave about scent. I dun get the fig at all, just a big splash of sharp amber incense, very masculine. Middle note is only acceptable but still no appearance of fig.

SexyJasmine
SexyJasmine

A few of my neighbors have fig trees in their yards.When I walk by sometimes, I pull a leaf from one of the trees, break it open and inhale the fresh, green, bitter aroma. I love that smell. Figue Amere has captured that fresh scent. It's the type of fig fragrance I've been looking for. Many of the figs frags I've had in the past were either very sweet, like a fig jam or had accompanying notes like caviar (I see you, Womanity) or coconut. These are lovely in their own right but I wanted an earthy fig. Fig Amere is dry, bitter, astrigent, fresh and green. I love it!

2lipsinHolland
2lipsinHolland

I want to love this but sadly those "aromatics" turn into an old fashioned "barbershop" smell on my skin.

Walking Unicorn
Walking Unicorn

Growing up, my parents had a couple of fig trees in their backyard and every year when the figs bloomed I would go out and help to pick them. When you pulled the fig off the tree there would be a white, milky fluid where you broke the fig top away from the branch, and if you put your nose up to that fig top it was very fragrant and smelled just like Miller Harris Figue Amere. In this fragrance you can also smell balsam fir and cedar which blend together nicely with the fig smell. There is no sweetness at all making this lightly scented perfume a unisex fragrance. I really like this scent, it's cozy and has lots of good memories of my parent's backyard and the annual fig indulgement and overdosing that occurred for months at a time.

JoeMacchiato
JoeMacchiato

Normally I can't stand wearing a fig centered scent coz it gets too cloying and oftentimes coconuty on my skin. However, Figue Amere is a modified fig that is mixed with green leaves and tree barks, rendering an effect similar to burning blended essential oils common in aromatherapy

archivist
archivist

This just rocketed to the top of my favorite summer fragrances list (it's a short list, and more new things to smell are coming in, but for now...).

On first application, yes - it feels masculine. It dries down to pure heaven, though. If you love Un Jardin Sur le Nil but sometimes feel it is too fruity with the green mango, get this. If you love Une Fille en Aiguilles but wouldn't wear it in warm weather on a dare, get this. If you like Womanity but worry about the 25% of people who smell fish and find it too heavy and linear, get this - salty fig and fir without the stress.

The salt note in this is the most divine thing in the world - I can't stop sniffing my hand, it's so amazing. It has a clarifying effect, like the mood boost of a wonderful, heavily negatively-ionized sea breeze. Can a perfume do that? I guess so. I can practically taste the salt in the air.

I agree heartily with people who say it reminds them of Greece. I spent a week stranded in Corfu once (got off the damn ferry in the wrong place because it was buttcrack of dawn and my brain wasn't working right, Ijumped ship when the horn went off). All the other people flooding off the boat headed for the giant obnoxious Pink Palace shuttle and I realized what I'd done. Nooo! I'd meant to get off at Patras! I would no more spend an hour in the Pink Palace as fly to the moon. I looked around in a panic, hoping for something - anything! - as an alternative. A guy with a beat-up pickup truck was holding a piece of notebook paper that he'd scrawled "NIKOS HOTEL" on with a ballpoint. I made such a determined beeline for him that he was surprised. "You have heard of us?" he said, astonishment clear in his voice. I told him I'd rather die a thousand deaths than live a day in the notorious Pink Palace. He laughed.

We rattled up Corfu mountain in his dilapidated truck. I had been put somewhat at ease by his amazement at having a customer, but it still seemed at least possible that I was going to be axe murdered. Still better than the Pink Palace.

We got up to his house/hotel - a gorgeous white home with the blue chalked doorways, a beautiful garden courtyard, his lovely wife fluttering out to greet us. Cypress and olive trees rustled in the breeze. He escorted me to an airy room that smelled of the groves and the sea and lemons. He pointed out of the balcony doors at a misty coast across the water. "That is Albania," he said. "Many sharks in that water." I smiled, unsure of the reason for the comment. I did not intend to swim to Albania. He left. I took a long, long nap.

I spent the week wandering around Corfu mountain. And yes: Figue Amere is what Greek coastal groves smell like. Cypress and fir and olive trees, fig trees in every garden, air that is so clean and revivifying that the people who live in it are just sort of superhuman - bright and witty, huge personalities, even bigger smiles, very passionate. At night I would walk to the local bar, cutting through a cemetery to get there. I don't know who did it, perhaps family or a caretaker, but many if not most of the graves had votive candles atop or in front of them, and these were lit at night. I'd walk through this candlelit mountain-top Greek cemetery and get to the bar, do a shot of whatever was handed to me, settle in with a drink, and prepare myself for battle: the locals loved grilling me on the last 20 years of American foreign policy. And not in the Mediterranean - they were particularly interested in the Marshall Plan and Latin America. Lucky for me I'd started college as a political science major and was able not to look totally ignorant.

Like I said: they were kind of superhuman. These are olive farmers and rural men and women relaxing after a day of hard labor - and the level of intelligent, lively, informed debate was so high that it was pretty common for me to end up slumped in defeat, with the pub regulars roaring in triumph and good cheer, giving me a thump on the back and another shot of really I have no idea what (It was piney and licoricey and I suppose it was homemade ouzo) and then there would be laughing and singing until someone asked me exactly what America was thinking when it did [obscure action] in [obscure location]. Sometimes I'd get home from the bar and call my father and read off a list of things I needed him to look up for me. I had the time of my life. I love the Greeks. Love! This was better than Santorini or any of the posh islands, this was real Greek life on a mountaintop, and it was awesome.

There was also a Swede named Freddy. But that's another story for another time.

This. Figue Amere. This is that week. In a bottle. It smells amazing.

Definitely better than the Pink Palace.

Majesty
Majesty

Figue amere is one of my mum's favorite perfumes . It is a familiar smell for me , fig is everywhere in Greece during summer . Figue Amere starts with a fruity essence , like smelling the flesh of the fruit . After a while it changes dramatically , the fruity part is gone replaced by a salty , woody note , reminiscent of fig leaves instead of the actual fruit . I couldn't identify any other notes , to me it's all about fig leaves and a salty , breezy background . That's a fig tree next to the coast , wind is blowing , fig leaves floating on the waves ..

Jenavira
Jenavira

Sea salt fig on the Mediterranean coast with a grove of cedars near by or an Italian amaro based around figs. Figue amere is one of those incredibly evocative fragrances for me I am immediately taken to a dry arid Mediterranean coast line with cedar, fig trees, and the salty tang of sea air. The bitter green herbaciousness making it so different from the usual green fig scent.

Very strong for a few minutes but it doesn't last long at that intensity. It dries down to something very nice but somewhat indistinct. Don't expect any kind of strong fig beyond the top notes, and while I like the scent I could understand how some might call it "perfumey." I'd also say it is on the feminine side of things, but not too far. However, it's reasonably natural smelling and I could see how many would enjoy it during the spring. I'd call it an impression of fig rather than literal fig. While I don't mind having 50 ml in my collection I also would have no issue swapping it off for something I'm seeking.

drlaurel
drlaurel

The first few minutes is fruity sweet fig, but in minutes the greens come out, the fir and the wood. Not getting any citrus at all. I do get some floral notes but its not in the foreground. I'd say if fig is your love its a good one to try.

d_l_esmond
d_l_esmond

Gentle, pleasant and convincing fig. It seems that everything here is about moderation: not too sweet, not too fruity, not too bitter, despite its name. Definitely more feminine than masculine, with fairly decent staying power.

Kamet1973
Kamet1973

It's quite pleasant. It smells exactly like the skin of a plum tastes and then that goes and it smells like good quality seaweed bubble bath. It takes you to the sea- somewhere rocky like Capri and then comes in with suntan lotion and vanilla ice cream.

9154mf
9154mf

Great masculine fragrance! The fig is not lush and sweet, it is wrapped in green/woody amber and smells to me like a refined man's scent. Also suitable for ladies though.

I find the opening of Miller Harris FIGUE AMERE to be rather figgy, but not overly so, as I sometimes find self-proclaimed fig perfumes to be. In fact, FIGUE AMERE may be the perfect choice for those who are suffering fig fatigue because it has enough greenishness and woodiness from forest-derived notes such as fir to make this seem much more like a woody aromatic fragrance than a fig frag.

I rather like FIGUE AMERE. It is complex and subtle in its figishness, which I have not found in too many fig perfumes to date. For those who wish to smell all fig all the time, this composition may seem too weak, but for those who have grown tired of the fig fad, this is a nice departure from the more literal offerings bearing the fig name tag.

Figue Amere opens with a bitter green accord that's pretty interesting. Fig leaves, maybe some galbanum...Unfortunately it turns to a floral-ambery base that's not particularly refined and of much less interest. If you like floral-fig fragrances you can have plenty of better options out there (i.e. Jardins De Kerylos, Philosykos, Premier Figuer, Figuier, Ninfeo Mio..).

fpih
fpih

This is a wonderful smell that smells strongly of fig for the first hour or so. It would be perfect for summer if the fig didn't disappear after than hour and a simple, musky smell took its place for another hour or so, before this completely disappeared from my skin.

veruska
veruska

The first time i tested it i liked it very much although the name was way misleading, ther was nothing figgy about it.What it tried to be and succeded was a bitter(amere) scent.In a distorted way the bergamot on the beggining is the most bitter part and narcissus that has been treated with musk and a bit of salt on the side. Still in the end it became warmer with a trace of vanilla and wood.i start to unveil with each wearing of the sample the raw vulnerability of betrayal of the whole project, cause i believe in the sheer talent of Lyn Harris, and this acerbic excersise seems to me that it should' nt be allowed to leave the lab.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Miller Harris Figue Amere fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Miller Harris Figue Amere, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Figue Amere by Miller Harris. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Figue Amere by Miller Harris represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.