Designers » M » Floral « Groups

Geranium Bourbon Miller Harris for women

Geranium Bourbon Miller Harris for women
dislike

herbal

Geranium Bourbon by Miller Harris is a Floral fragrance for women. Top notes are palmarosa, cassis and geranium; middle notes are violet, rose and black pepper; base notes are vanilla, amber and patchouli.

Palmarosa Cassis Geranium

Charlie Blue

Geranium Bourbon Fragrance Reviews

babaefro
babaefro

I'd like to swap or sell an almost full 100mL bottle that I have. If anyone is interrested please let me know.

ia_ramos
ia_ramos

I purchased a full bottle of this after a generous Fragrantican sent me a sample. I understand the masculine comments, but I pick up enough rose that it works for me. It must be the strong geranium that makes me think of Charlie Blue. I own both and I can smell the association. The Miller Harris is certainly far more refined smelling. I wear this in public, while Charlie is my guilty pleasure; reminiscing about high school and only worn at home. I'm blown away by the power of this beauty- few of my perfumes stay with me like this- I can smell it with every breath. This has me very curious about the rest of the line. Certainly not for everyone, but definitely worth exploring for those who love rose and geranium.

Edee
Edee

I really like this scent. There is just something about it. The smell of geranium agrees with me. The geranium and rose play well together, with the patchouli and vanilla bringing up the rear. It is a bit unisex, and please don't be alarmed, but I think I have a freaky side to me. I smell a bit of blood in this fragrance (maybe bloody rose) and the smell of the blood is relaxing, yet intoxicating to me. Fresh, invigorating and sultry with a bit of blood on the side. Yeah I am a bit freaky I guess. I love the smell of it.

Petunia50
Petunia50

I purchased Geranium Bourbon because I love the smell of the leaves on my potted geraniums in the summer months. I will often pull off a leaf and hold it up to nose just to inhale it's scent. However for me, GB has a slightly bitter herbal edge and barbershop quality that I just can't get past.

BetsyMeszaros
BetsyMeszaros

Just tried a sample of this. Fragrantica has this listed as a woman's fragrance but it is a man's fragrance to me. It's just not for me but I would like it on my husband.

NicoleET88
NicoleET88

I wore this last night as I wrote a paper. I had to keep stopping to jot down notes about what this fragrance conjured in me. From the bottle, I got the scent of old style, waxy lipstick. I was instantly 4 years old, sitting in between my parents in the front seat of the car, having my first taste of the sticky red stuff and not wanting to move my lips for the next hour for fear of messing it up.
When I sprayed some on, things got much more intense. Suddenly I'm being hugged, tightly, by a great aunt or uncle, probably the one we were on our way to visit in my lipstick memory. The perfume is dry, dense, and aromatic to the fullest. Very reminiscent of old school colognes, without the cloud effect. It sits more lightly, with more modernity.
About a half hour later I had to wash it off. I couldn't handle the flood of associations anymore, all of them so far removed from who I am and so connected to people much older than myself. I'll have to try it again, though. I need to know how long it takes to turn into the lipstick. I would wear that.

Every time I wear Miller Harris GERANIUM BOURBON, I remark that it leans toward the masculine end of the scent spectrum. It is somewhat bitter and quite aromatic, a bit woody, and not at all sweet. Often geranium is mixed with rose and sometimes red fruits in more feminine perfumes such as Annick Goutal QUEL AMOUR! Here, the geranium is at least unisex if not masculine, and I am bit surprised that it is marketed to women but not men. Probably the pepper and the patchouli are conspiring to make this seem slightly masculine. This is definitely not a "flowers and candy" perfume.

The composition strikes a balance between refreshing aromaticity and lush florality. It's quite complex and smells completely natural with a greenish, somewhat herbal edge. Vanilla and violet are listed among the notes, but to me GERANIUM BOURBON is a huge pile of freshly cut bright red geranium flowers. I definitely recommend this splendid creation to both guys and gals for testing, as it offers a unique blend and the superlative quality typical of the house of Miller Harris.

cinsot
cinsot

Despite having only three notes in common with Tweed by Lentheric, Lyn Harris has created a marvelous modern interpretation of my memories of the wonderfully retro 1970's Tweed.

Geranium Bourbon leaves a magical trail on clothing taking me back to my childhood, the smell of my Great Aunts' silk scarves when playing dress-ups; an olfactive embrace from four inspiring women long gone but never forgotten.

The geranium features prominently, flowers, leaves and stems, as does a soulful lemon with a handful of black peppercorns. Subtle rosy-patchouli wrapped up in a gentlewhispering of vanilla and violet working with ambery undertones constitute a trustworthy classic.

It has been a few years now since I received GB directly from a Miller Harris Teahouse/Boutique in London, a surprise Mother's Day gift from my daughter when she lived in London. It is my hope that one day my daughter will catch a random whiff of Geranium Bourbon when I have crossed over and remember me with the same veneration as I do Aunts: Eden, Olga, Milly and Melba.

TeeTeeRarr
TeeTeeRarr

This is a lovely, bright and powdery rose scent..... for going to bed in. It smells EXACTLY like a rose dusting powder. Everything is transparent, the cassis is a faint whisper supporting the composition and the rose is a very very powdery one. I don't smell any green or peppery notes in here. I can't say anything bad about the fragrance except that as a twenty something gal, I cannot be caught dead wearing this scent out and about lol. I would definitely get one for bedtime though if it were on a huge discount.

Taliera
Taliera

This is my favourite out of the Miller Harris range, closely followed by Coeur de Fleur. It was described to me in the London boutique (I was lost in Covent Garden) as a marriage between Rose Geranium and the Bourbon Rose. It's pungent of both, and I can really tell that the materials are natural - it stands out amongst my other perfumes. It's heavenly! In fact, it is different to all other perfumes I know. It is called a women's fragrance, I believe, because of the tonne of rose absolue. However, the aromatic herbs and spices push it over to unisex. A strong floral: bold and elegantly seductive.

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

What a fresh, delightful yet perfumey scent this is. The opening notes to me are pure palmarosa ( similar to lemon grass) and geranium. Still, the lemony trace dominates. It's haunting! The silage at this point is quite strong, but after the first hour it subsides considerably. It's a joyous and energetic scent, but cold and elegant. A tiny little sweetness, not much, comes after the top notes calm down. The scent becomes woody, rosy, with just a dash an amber to give it depth. Very unique, I haven't smelled anything quite like it! I think this is a great daytime scent, as it is rather beautiful but not seductive enough to be worn at nighttime. Silage and lasting power are good, the bottle is nice, typical Miller Harris. Lovely!

Lynjon777
Lynjon777

Basic soapy, powdery scent which lasted 20 minutes max. Not worth the effort.

nikitajade
nikitajade

A little definitely goes a long way, I was slightly nervous, it sounds very, well, elderly by the notes and I was pleasantly surprised. Not so excited that I'll be buying another bottle, but it will be a nice change from my usual scents.

cloyd42
cloyd42

The bourbon rose is a lovely highly scented double-cup rose not commonly seen in the United States. This is the bourbon that the perfume name refers to. Not the liquor, not Four Roses Whiskey. This scent opens with an almost sole fleur lemon geranium that warms to add an excellent rose note. After about half an hour it settles to an extremely accurate pleasant geranium that has the odd bloody note softened by the sweet lemon and rose. A sophisticated and extremely well done floral and a pleasant surprise.

Sillage: reasonable: 2-4 ft
Persistence: 4-5 hours, lovely drydown
Fabulosity: spring garden
Value to price ratio: reasonable

Yamba1
Yamba1

As someone heavily into orientals, I'm not a huge fan of rose but thought I should have one example in my wardrobe.
Geranium Bourbon is the winner and I am now in possession of a hefty decant.

The infusion of lemon and geranium cuts through the girly- girl sweetness of many of its cousins and gives it a delicate spicy accord. This is rose with a bit of a kick.

A little more attitude than the polite Stella, with great staying power.
This one is for me!

knics33
knics33

I recently received a sample of GB and I think I'm in love, or at least an intense crush. fragrancefiend's description is perfect... fresh, herbal, lemony at first, and then it warms up to a nice fresh, bourbon/liquor scent. Amazing job as always, which is standard for Miller Harris fragrances.

HeatherStarr2424
HeatherStarr2424

On my skin, the scent smells straight up cardboardy. Maybe that's because I only have the scented balm (which, ladies, don't bother - it's the size of a pot of L'oreal eyeshadow and it was $55 - FIFTY FIVE - dollars). I'm going to write more later when the scent develops more on my skin.

ok..I'm guessing that it's the balm that just stinks, because no one wants to smell like cardboard. And that's still all I get. :( Sad.

fragrancefiend
fragrancefiend

Miller Harris Geranium Bourbon starts out as an herbal lemony scent, like you would smell if you crushed a lemon geranium leave between your fingers. After a bit, it begins to smell less fresh and more boozy and rich like good bourbon or cognac (but less grape). I was pleasantly surprised at the lasting power and depth. I was expecting a soapy smell and instead this is a full blown adult fragrance.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Miller Harris Geranium Bourbon fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Miller Harris Geranium Bourbon, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Geranium Bourbon by Miller Harris. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Geranium Bourbon by Miller Harris represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.