Designers » M » Chypre « Groups

Terre de Bois Miller Harris for women and men
dislike

herbal
Terre de Bois Miller Harris for women and men Pictures

Terre de Bois by Miller Harris is a Chypre fragrance for women and men. Terre de Bois was launched in 2000. The nose behind this fragrance is Lyn Harris. The fragrance features amber, patchouli, coton candy, juniper, galbanum, clary sage, lemon verbena, sage, vetiver, spices and citruses.

Amber Patchouli Coton candy Juniper Galbanum Clary Sage Lemon Verbena Sage Vetiver Spices Citruses

Isfarkand

Terre de Bois Fragrance Reviews

LeonieB
LeonieB

A very pleasant lemony aromatic cologne type scent, entirely unisex and inoffensive. Like O de Lancome, there is warmth that lifts it from being a mere lemon spritz, and a depth that takes it further into the day than a morning uplifting tonic.

deadidol
deadidol

Some of my most disliked perfume components are kitchen herbs and spices, juniper, sour lemon verbena, bitter galbanum, soapy notes, candied myrrh, and vegetal, metallic-y vetivers. Terre de Bois features all of those items and then, as a purely psychotic gesture, adds a saccharine pink cotton candy note on top. The culinary herbs combined with the sour vegetal / citrus materials come together to produce something that sits between partially digested food and rotting trash. Granted, there’s soap present to inject an iota of cleanliness, but it doesn’t exactly help much as the experience is akin to a mouthful of shampoo. Ultimately, this is everything I personally despise in perfume in a single package.

While I have to at least note that, like other releases from Miller Harris, this seems well put together, it’s the stuff of absolute nightmares for me. As a soapy, bitter, sour, sweet, and extraordinarily dated-smelling EdC-style perfume, this is my absolute kryptonite.

nero77
nero77

Terre de Bois takes the Citrus/Verbena classic Eau de Cologne formula and tweaks it just a little... but enough to make it different and certainly interesting!

Immediately I get a lot of Citrus, Verbena and Vetiver... but it's also soft and slightly warm and sweet, with the addition of Galbanum to give it depth (think Chanel no. 19). The Vetiver and Herbs and Juniper are not loud or in-your-face. Instead they are very subdued and soft. The overall effect is very nice.

What I also love about this is the sweetness of it (the cotton candy note), this lifts up the perfume and gives it a nice, different take. I certainly like it, but my only complaint so far is that (even though I'm reviewing the Eau de Parfum), it doesn't last quite long on my skin, so I have to keep reapplying almost as if it were an Eau de Cologne. Either way, this is my first Miller Harris testing, I like what I've smelled here... and I will definitely expect many more good things from this house in the future!

drakecito
drakecito

This review is for the EDT version.

This is a well done and very natural scent, but nothing groundbreaking.
Adecuate for daily or office wear, better in summer or spring.
Open with citruss with a natural vetiver base. There is a medium light sweet note. Too classic.

Longevity is about 5-6 hours (very good for this kind of fragance) with medium-low sillage.

I like it so much.

Sillage: 6/10

SeverinaSerizy
SeverinaSerizy

Love this scent! This fragrance developes into something very uplifting and is almost cheerfully green with a stern and refreshing vetiver elegance. The citrus freshness is not at all dominant on my skin but for me the earthy, herbal, woodsy notes makes this a very apeling scent with both depth and warmth.

I think I just might have have found a more female and wearable "Eau de Savage" and I did not even know I needed one...My very own vetiver scent!

Lavished in freshness and understated style and class.

Perfect cologne for a cheery feeling spring or summer day or why not for autumn.

The staying power is enourmous on me!
This is high quality stuff with a good bit of sillage too.

Carnation
Carnation

Smells a lot like sugared lemonade in the opening. Must be the lemon verbena and cotton candy working together. It isn't sickly sweet the way a lot of fragrances with the cotton candy note can be. In fact, MH does it well. There is a slight herbal note which adds a bit of freshness to it. I didn't find it to have much spiciness, perhaps just a bit. More on the masculine side of the spectrum.
Recomended for a man who is interested in a fresh, slightly sweet herbal chypre.

sf2explus
sf2explus

My first impression after wearing a retail sample.
very nice citrussy, a little zesty at times, i get some sweetness almost candy kind of sweetness like a lemon drop sweet but it's very subtle and doesn't turn the scent sweet at all. i get a slightly earth feel from this scent. also the scent easily lasts 8-10 hours on my skin with very good projection. The scent is definatly very classy scent and it is mildy soapy aswell. I can see my self wearing this in the cooler months and summer eavening since it is not the usual light fresh citruss. somthing is more heavy in this and has a slight dark feel to it. I have been looking for somthing like this for a while anyone who enjoyed the discontinued ADP cypresso di toscano should give this a try. It isn't the same and may note even have the same notes but it has that clean green slightly soapy feel. age range for me would be between 25-whoever wants to wear it.

delica67
delica67

Every time I wear terre de bois, I can not not think of an acrid tasting fruit. However, I find it charming.It's definitely not a masterpiece, in my opinion. Designed for morning wear.

Marie76
Marie76

I bought it as on first sniff it reminded me of Paco Rabanne's eau de Calandre, which I adore. I'm very disappointed, it's like a unisex eau de cologne, nice and fragrant, but no depth or true appeal in it. In me it wears off in minutes , it honestly does not last more than half an hour.

Love of galbanum is a prerequisite to appreciation of Miller Harris TERRE DE BOIS, which packs a punch of the stuff, along with sage and enough verbena to make this a pretty tangy and invigorating mix. This is a rough-edged cologne, with raw vetiver and herbs, including fennel and juniper, mingling in a provocative way. I do believe that the cotton candy note listed above is a mistake: this is not sweet in the least!

TERRE DE BOIS is sharp and strong enough to constitute an energizing form of aromatherapy, but I think that because of the tanginess it's a must try before you buy, since not everyone's skin is going to take to this composition well. For those who like bracing colognes with strong green undertones interacting with vetiver, TERRE DE BOIS will be a winner, I am sure, provided that their skin is compatible with the tangy edge.

I have seen this creation classified elsewhere as a masculine cologne, and I do believe that it is more masculine than feminine, though I have really enjoyed wearing it several times myself, thanks to the generous manufacturer's carded sample sent to me by a fellow fragrance traveler, who apparently lives down the street from this British perfume house. Lucky her! (-;

jtd
jtd

If you started an equilateral triangle with Chanel Pour Monsieur and Comme des Garcons Vettiveru, the third point would be Terre de Bois. It's a scratchy, woody take on the eau de cologne. The blustery, citric-sage start is a bit misleading. Terre de Bois goes quiet very quickly, but can be sensed up close for hours. The name nails it though. There's the feel of soil from the patchouli and the woody tone of the vetiver. The herbs enhance both, and the feel is specific; not leafy, not grassy, not mossy. Just dirt and trees.

TdB smells 'natural' in that all of its parts are recognizably botanical, but it has a very balanced use of its elements. Nothing vague or blurred.

At a glance, TdB is autumnal and handsome. I bet it'd be wonderful against type in a frilly-pretty springtime setting.

fpih
fpih

Very very citrusy for my liking. Would be best worn in summer, it has a fresh smell that makes me feel refreshed. It was the longest lasting of the 4 Miller Harris perfumes I tested, lasting more than 8 hours. Sadly, it's not me; I think it's more masculine than unisex and the sales lady agreed with me.

donniekaterina
donniekaterina

Well Terre de Bois is like passing through an indian market with spices and herbs.THe Lemon Verbena note is strong and creates a really twisted mix along with cardamon.

nemonie
nemonie

This is my summer comfort-wear.

The vetiver is the most discernible note on my skin with a touch of powder and herb.

Not spectacular but very cosy

Terre de Bois by Miller Harris 3.97 out of 5 based on 103 ratings and 14 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Miller Harris Terre de Bois fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Miller Harris Terre de Bois, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Terre de Bois by Miller Harris. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Terre de Bois by Miller Harris represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.