Designers » M » Aromatic Spicy « Groups

A Quiet Morning Miller et Bertaux for women and men

A Quiet Morning Miller et Bertaux for women and men
dislike

A Quiet Morning, launched in 2008, is dedicated to eternal India. Mysterious and unusual, it features the notes of saffron, turmeric, Basmati rice, palm flower, woody and spicy aromas.

It is available as 100 ml EDP.

Saffron Turmeric Rice Palm Leaf Orange Blossom Sandalwood Cedar

Dzongkha

A Quiet Morning Fragrance Reviews

K1
K1

It's a great day, mom's kitchen, the most lovesome gastronimical and saporific smells ever. Saffron and turmeric… A delicious breakfast, comfortable fresh early summer sunny day, birds' unbearably lovely chipping and fresh air that promises of a great day. A Quiet Morning is a casual spicy yummy sweet fragrance with zesty oriental leaning, a special fragrance for good days! You can find some common features in 8 88 by Comme des Garçons. This fragrance has great longevity close to skin, and medium projection.
★★★★

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

A Quiet Morning by Miller et Bertaux is quite a nice little discovery I’ve made recently, together with the fact that Miller and Bertaux aren’t, as I imagined, the umpteenth irritating couple of 30-something niche hipsters dressed in white garbage bags, rather two eccentric, laid-back middle-aged beardy gents. I’m not crazy for the other scents of this brand I’ve tried, but A Quiet Morning works darn good instead. It’s very minimalistic, but for once, it doesn’t seem to rely to the same trite array of synthetic aromachemicals which are in fashion in the “minimalist” side of perfumery. In other words don’t expect just another ripoff of some Comme des Garçons/Andrea Maack-like stuff. Neither a dull citrusy or floral faint nonsense. This is a pretty different take on minimalism – for the better. It takes (well, it took me) a while to appreciate it and it’s probably easy to dismiss it at first, but the truth is that it manages to smell somehow very natural and breezy, yet amazingly modern in its transparent thinness, still keeping it not cold or blatantly synthetic. It creates instead a very peculiar “aura” of warm, sophisticated clean subtleness and lightness which contrary to many other cases, at no point becomes “dullness”. It’s actually a very substantial scent with some seriously enjoyable transitions and depth: it’s just filtered through clear, thin pastel glass, smelling rarefied and delicate, but so to speak, very robust “in spirit”. And briefly put, it doesn’t smell like anything else.

The fragrance opens with a quite sharp yet weightless sort of bitter cedar, and actually oud-like note (emptied of any “animalic” dirt), quite woody, dry and spicy-medicinal, blended with a nose-tingling accord of ginger (or something similar to that) cumin and saffron, and a touch of rose – or, again, something similar to it, slightly floral and fresh-juicy. A tasty, dry, almost edgy spicy-woody-floral accord which soon starts to unravel a warmer heart: clean, soapy hints of sandalwood blend with a really enjoyable, very subtle yet crystal crisp accord comprising something like a honeyed saffron note paired with a microscopic drop of warm floral soap. I’ve mentioned the word “soap” a couple of times but don’t get me wrong; A Quiet Morning isn’t really a “soapy” scent, it just has some light hints of that (and this scent is all about shimmering, light “hints” of things). It’s dry, dusty and breezy, but has indeed a sort of slightly soapy-sweet and “juicy” base texture, mostly due to sandalwood and that touch of honeyed-floral spices.

On the drydown it becomes more and more warm and a tad sweeter too, before turning again more dry and woody, with a slightly bolder presence of (good, seemingly quite real) sandalwood still lightly infused with a sort of medicinal cedar-oud note, and a simply, quiet but somehow distinctive floral-spicy accord – which after some time starts reminding me of tea a bit, as some herbal accents pop out. All still feeling very light, clean and “peaceful”, albeit slightly smokier and darker than the first hours. The overall effect is very nice and enjoyable, achieving a rather unique sort of “spicy-woody airiness” that I basically never found so far in fragrances. It’s indeed a “quiet morning” feeling - soft, clean, cozy. It’s a very light scent, but somehow it projects and persists well better than it seems, staying more “around you” than on skin – which is an effect I’ve often noted in many (good) sandalwood scents, so maybe it is due to that. Probably too light for many given all the “bombs” we’re used to today, but an unusual, fascinating little gem.

7,5-8/10

lilalina
lilalina

I sense alot of sandalwood in this also alot of oudh.. Alot of saffron and tumeric. Balmy, warm with a slight sweetness. Heavy scent, little too much for me.

waruna gomis
waruna gomis

The beautiful and unforgettable fragrance emanating from 3 different places in India:

The first whiff is coming from a Hindu Kovil (Temple), where the idol is washed with water infused with flowers and melon juice and I stand there in gratitude in silence in humility for all the gifts I have received from this universe. (Idols in the Hindu Temples are usually washed with clean water, curd, honey, fruit juices, dates, coconut water etc. every day).

The heart Note is of a green rice field, on the side of the road there is a small tea shop, garlands of flowers on idol pictures. A small open shop on the side where rice is purchased and sold, the new freshly harvested rice is still dusty, get close to the grain and there is the fresh smell of the earth and a milky sweetness.

The base notes are very subtle: soft flowers found pressed in a book, dried flowers but still emanating a fragrance. Not old, not dead, divine flowers.

Overall its Very positive and carries me away to a world where children run across fields, there is plenty, there is simple happiness.

A gracious bow to the creators of this magnificent perfume who painted a vivid picture in my mind and transported me to India.

Pianomelody
Pianomelody

A unique scent,clean,quiet .. even if it is very strong in the beginning. Can make me feel calm and at peace with myself. I carry easily in India, beginning emits very strong, but let it stand for about 30 minutes,then is transformed into a real pleasure, in a perfume very quiet, sweet to the right point ... remember the smell of old books in a library, traveling in india, spring season, and it gives me joy and peace! :) Is a complex in my opinion, that needs a little time to figure it out ... Council for spring.

Sillage: 7.5/10
Scent: 7.5/10

Overall: 7.5/10.

sfdla
sfdla

AMAZING. This is a gorgeous, best-kept secret kind of fragrance. One of my all-time favorites. On me it actually smells like the olfactory manifestation of a deep, imperial purple--this is the only time I've associated a smell with a color so specifically.

Somehow it makes me think of the best kind of library--tall windows, a lot of light, millions of books and comfy chairs. Or that rare vintage shop where you unexpectedly find some dusty antique treasure you never knew you wanted. And yet, there is nothing old lady or bookish about this fragrance.

It's a very warm, soothing, but strong scent that people love on me, and that I love to wear. It's not an assertive power fragrance. I've worn it to work, but it's more mellow and laid-back than that. Best for a day where no one will notice you sniffing your own wrist.

lacana7

It's really a quiet morning ,it brings to you the calm that you need when you are stressed,totally unisex but more masculine .

Amos Jolthead
Amos Jolthead

It’s not often a fragrance takes you places - I mean really takes you places. But it’s not a forecful kidnapping. It’s a quiet invitation, a simple wave of the hand, offering you to come along. A Quiet Morning does take you on an adventure. I've never been to the places AQM takes you, yet, somehow I feel I'm there.

I don't get a lot of distinction between notes. It's mostly palm leaf, saffron, tumeric with a hint of orange blossom that seems to come and go as it pleases. And it remains that way for me for the most part. Soft, but not soft enough to disappear. This lasts for hours. Bravo!

Phantosmia Bella
Phantosmia Bella

Tons of tumeric and saffron when first sprayed, then it slowly settles down to a very special, spicy and somewhat fresh scent.
I adore this fragrance - it feels rather unique, very true-to-nature and happy in an energetic way.
It doesn't feel like wearing a perfume - this feels like actually traveling in India or visiting some exotic spice-shop.

Go easy with it, though - sillage and longevity are both very good.

milkyway
milkyway

A quiet morning is delightful - it is pleasant, moderately sweet and calming. To me it invokes the smell of woodchips and flowers for some reason. Must be the turmeric and saffron combo. Saffron kept some of its medicinal qualities here but they are balanced out by something grain-like(must be the smell of dry rice). Lovely and very well executed smell, even though nothing exceptional.

rethsarah
rethsarah

A Quiet Morning was inspired by India, and to me the choice of name makes perfect sense. Years ago as teenagers, my girlfriends and I spent a couple of weeks driving through North India, using the bungalow of a Tibetan priest in the beautiful state of Uttarakhand as our base. We stopped off in Rishikesh at the foothills of the Himalayas and in the holy city of Haridwar on the banks of the Ganges. There were sadhus and pilgrims, incense and ganja everywhere. But this unassumingly powerful fragrance doesn't just bring it all back - it much more captures my experience of being indoors on that journey.

When I first applied it, I got a blast of turmeric and saffron, neither of which I like much. Turmeric in particular strikes me as being a very strange ingredient, leaving a horribly floury taste in my mouth when I smell it. Balanced by the slight bitterness of saffron and the delicate sweetness of palm flowers(?), the accord magically takes me straight to the small prayer shrines in religious Indian households. There is an abundance of hand-rolled agarbattis (bamboo incense sticks), sandalwood, frankincense. Quietly fragrant blossoms in a garland around the neck of an idol or in a brass plate nearby. Small earthen lamps with cotton wicks. From another room in the house, the vapours emanating from a pot of long-grain basmati rice boiling away before lunch. In that respect, this scent is more like A Quiet Noon than morning.

The turmeric and sandalwood stayed with me through the heart and base notes, becoming ever so slightly more floral as the tempering effect of the rice waned. I also find A Quiet Morning on the more masculine side of unisex, but my boyfriend loved it on me, particularly during the drydown and its slight, natural sweet-skin and sandalwood caress. Longevity about 5 hours.

[email protected]
ornagershon@gmail.com

I love it!!!!! It's a beautiful frag and very different, It dos't smell like
any other thing or other smell.
when you use it, it stays on you for hours and hours and you get
tons of compliments about your perfume you wear.

I donned Miller et Bertaux A QUIET MORNING on this frosty winter day fully expecting another gentle and calm perfume à la this house's OM. Nothing could be further from the truth!

A QUIET MORNING is a very spicy woody oriental perfume which reminds me in many ways of Calvin Klein EUPHORIA. The notes are not at all the same, but the spirit is very much so. In this case, the turmeric achieves a Sergesque concentration, and there must be other spices here as well. This is a very action-packed and boisterous composition, with big sillage and serious potency! I agree with the reviewers who have observed that A QUIET MORNING seems rather masculine, which I believe also to be true of EUPHORIA. Certainly this is unequivocally unisex, and nearly crosses over to the men's side.

The combination of the strong spices and woods ends up creating an incense-like effect, and I would definitely recommend this perfume for testing by those who love incense perfumes and strong woody orientals more generally. I confess that the name has me a bit baffled. Perhaps A QUIET MORNING is intended as an antidote to a quiet morning? Need a bit of spice in your life? This perfume may fill the void.

Migotka
Migotka

For me there seems to be a discord between the name and the fragrance- Miller and Bertaux's take on a quiet morning is not all that quiet and peaceful.
I think I did expect something zen-style, really natural, calming and above all, soothing. That is how I would imagine a perfect quiet morning.

Upon the first spray my sister commented "hairspray". OK, it is actually not as bad, but the scent is very harsh, with sharp woody and spicy notes. maybe it was supposed to be a quiet morning in an oriental country?

As it develops, there is even more spices and woods and some sort of smokiness as well as sharpness similar to that of a freshly cut grass. It is actually very hard to describe, since the notes here smell in such a different way from whatever I was used to. Spicy or smoky definitely are not enough to describe this scent.

Finally, I need to say that despite beauty, I do not find it very pleasant to wear. Original? Yes. Interesting? Yes. Wereable? Not quite.

Goldfinch
Goldfinch

I agree it's more a male scent... On my skin it reminds me my husband's OldSpice, but not in a disturbing way, just like I've got a big hug from him:). Has medium sillage and it lasts 5-6 hours on me. I don't dislike it, but maybe I give the sample to my dear...

flyushkifly
flyushkifly

On the masculine side of unisex. Wood is overpowering on me and the saffron and spice only give it a sickening edge. Unfortunately a scrubber with my chemistry.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

This was my first experience with a Miller et Bertaux scent, and I must say I'm very impressed.

A Quiet Morning brought to mind several other incense perfumes I have tried in the past (Costes, 10 Corso Como and even Armani Prive Bois d'Encens). I liked or loved each of those, but A Quiet Morning blows them away with its beauty, wearability and longevity. It's less sterile, less plastic/synthetic, more complex and warmer than many other scents in this category. Precious Sandalwood is the star of the show. It reminds me of an antique sandalwood handkerchief box my mother used to have.

This one lasted about six hours on uncovered skin, and persisted a couple more hours on the areas covered by my shirt.

Thanks, debbborra, for the generous decant of this lovely scent. It is definitely full bottle worthy!

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

I’d been avoiding sampling this EdP simply because of the name, thinking it would be just another one of those wimpy light green “natural” things meant to smell like the olfactory equivalent of new age music or a recording of ocean sounds. But no! It’s a full-blown fragrance that has character, sillage, and lasting power, without smelling overly synthetic. It starts out with a strong note of frankincense and saffron, but then quickly moves on to the basic theme, which is good old-fashioned Indian sandalwood soap. The other notes keep the sandalwood from smelling soapy, though. There’s something vaguely floral (the notes say “palm flowers” - anyone ever smelled palm flowers?), and there’s definitely some cedar that melds beautifully with the sandalwood. If there is turmeric and basmati rice in the mix, it’s subtle. There’s none of the bitterness of turmeric, and none of the popcorn/mouse droppings smell of basmati rice. The whole fragrance is like natural sandalwood softened by a subtle frame of flowers, incense, lesser woods, and general creaminess. The only down side is that the scent only lasts 2-3 hours. So far I’ve liked everything that I’ve tried from Miller et Bertaux, which is saying quite a lot.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Miller et Bertaux A Quiet Morning fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Miller et Bertaux A Quiet Morning, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify A Quiet Morning by Miller et Bertaux. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of A Quiet Morning by Miller et Bertaux represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.