Designers » M » Floral Fruity « Groups

Missoni Missoni for women

Missoni Missoni for women
dislike

cacao
Missoni Missoni for women Pictures Missoni Missoni for women Pictures Missoni Missoni for women Pictures Missoni Missoni for women Pictures Missoni Missoni for women Pictures Missoni Missoni for women Pictures Missoni Missoni for women Pictures

Italian designer house Missoni, known for its knitwear clothes, has launched its first perfume created in cooperation with Estee Lauder. The perfume is named Missoni and is promoted by the grand daughter of the founder of this family business, who is also supervising production of this perfume.

Missoni addresses younger audience and was highly rated by the perfume reviewers. The perfume comes in bottles of red, rose, and orange, the colors that symbolize Italian festivities (joy, passion and love), and are at the same time the colors of multihued Missoni knitwear.

Missoni is a casual perfume with floral-fruity notes, light woodsy accord, and sweet base which reveals Gianduia chocolate (milk chocolate with hazelnuts). The top notes are bergamot, mandarin, and spicy orange. The heart combines magnolia, peony, wild rose, and sweet Japanese apple. The base is composed of pear tree, chocolate with hazelnuts, and amber. Missoni comes as Eau de Parfum in 30ml, 50ml and 100ml bottles, and as perfume (15ml and 6ml). It was created in 2006.

Missoni was created by Maurice Roucel and Trudi Loren.

Mandarin Orange Bergamot Bitter Orange

Peony Magnolia Rose

Amber Dark Chocolate

Liberte

Missoni Fragrance Reviews

onaona
onaona

Missoni is odd, I admit it.
Missoni's perfumer might even admit to its oddness.

Honestly this fragrance is like Missoni's signature pattern. It zigs. It zags. It draws the eye...well, nose in this case. Like the designs, it in no way ends where it begins. The first time I wore it, I literally asked (rather enthusiastically and *cough* loudly) "WHO smells sooo good?" My co-worker leaned in closer and replied, "you", to my genuine surprise. I didn't recognize the fragrance I had sprayed on that morning as the same one lingering in the wind around us. Truly, I did not. I would never have guessed the initial serving of oranges dipped in a dark somewhat chalky chocolate would go down so easily. It had become soft, tangy, sweetly and wonderfully floral. A floral fruity, after all. I had my doubts. The magnolia in Missoni dries down to delicate offering. It somehow presents as both watery and breezy. The amber is warm, welcoming and colorful, but less obvious than in other offerings.

The longevity on my skin is amazing. Late into the same evening, the answer to the question was still a soft "you".

erikapb3
erikapb3

I was looking for a replacement for my favorite perfume that was discontinued. I was looking looking for a scent with strong chocolate and amber notes. After reading such glowing reviews on Missoni Missoni, I decided to give it a try. I sprayed it once and did not pick up on any amber or chocolate notes but instead the overwhelming citrus and floral notes. A big miss!

Eloquaint
Eloquaint

No sir, I don't care for it.

The opening, while muddled, is pleasing enough, with a fruity chocolate note that shows a lot of promise. Sort of reminiscent of a Cadbury chocolate orange. At this point it's light and airy, with a little bit of white flower.

But as it dries down it turns into a canned fruit salad with chocolate sauce. Canned fruit that no one drained before pouring on the dusty, dry-ish, impotent chocolate (like a Hershey bar, which no one who cares about their chocolate would eat). It's nose-wateringly sweet and cloying.

Fruity scents are not really my thing in general. Missoni actually was better than most...but still not for me.

pravda48
pravda48

after a very tumultuous opening where the topnotes fall all over themselves in quite a sharp mess, it dries down to a nice warm amber scent on my skin. Similar to Rochas' older Tocade at this point, except Tocade doesn't take so long to settle down - maybe 20 mins vs an hour - and has more depth as well. I get NO chocolate, no citrus except in the messy opening, nothing but amber really.

If you like this I think you'll LOVE Tocade, and you can find those bottles for about the same price on ebay still.

(tested 2x from manufacturer's spray samples)
[9.4.14]

GalInGlasses
GalInGlasses

I tried this for the first time today after also having read that glowing review by Luca Turin, as so many others did. My initial impression was, "Wow! These notes don't seem like they should go together... But I sure do smell that chocolate!" My second impression was, "I wonder if by 'kaleidoscopic' he meant 'dizzifying...'" Once I'd been wearing the fragrance for about an hour, the notes seemed to be much more in harmony with each other, but the opening left behind some damage in the form of a headache. I would like to try it again to see if I can make it through the opening to the sweet, flowery middle. I want to love it, but I'm not sure I will be able to. We'll see!

smellslikedimond
smellslikedimond

Just got a sample. I was very excited by the opening notes that just jumped at you. Not sure I can identify them. no good at that .. but shortly on me it has changed to a bitter amber coffee smell. Perhaps thats the dark chocolate. Sooo disapppointing!!

But I will give it another go just for the top notes

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

After seeing the wonderful reviews this scent has gotten, I was disappointed by how it smelled on my skin. You do get a hint of dark chocolate, and the florals in the middle notes are pretty, but when it dries down I just can't smell anything special. The best way I can describe it is a cross between Vera Wang Princess and Coach Poppy Flower. It's pleasant enough and springy, but it's not anything mind-blowing. Maybe there's something I'm missing.

cyndie.lee1
cyndie.lee1

Ahhh . . Missoni. I wore this on my wedding day. I had decided I did NOT want to wear a "signature" fragrance", so I went on the GREAT quest to find the PERFECT fragrance for my Octber 1 wedding that would not overpower, but yet, was romantic and something unique. My dress - Champagne-colored silk with ivory lace and crystals covering the entire dress (very vintage-feel). I searched for MONTHS (My gown was the VERY FIRST I tried on - not the same for my perfume). I gave myself headaches smelling scent after scent. While at an outlet mall, I stopped in the fragrance store and the wonderful gentleman working asked what he could help me with. I described my dress . . .I described my usual signature scent (at that time) . . .I described the venue . . .I told him of not wanting to small anything like I usually did. He grabbed ONE BOTTLE only - Missoni. The moment I smelled the wild rose and chocolate, with a hint of apple, I KNEW, this was the scent for the most important day of my life. I was not wrong.

aber19

I enjoyed reading the previous diverse views.

Unfortunately, this perfume is discontinued, so you will need stock up if you enjoy. I have bought another 100ml eau de parfum bottle.

As a perfumista and avid collector, I view this perfume is AN ABSOLUTE MASTERPIECE:).

Due having weak, candy-driven fragrances in the marketplace, one can be forgiven to spraying this fragrance too heavily. You only need one spray it will last you over 12+ hour on clothes, hair and perhaps on the skin. If you put too much on you will overkill this fragrance and offend others.

I find that if you spray it on clothes, you will have a positive smell, if your skin reacts negatively with this perfume. For me, this perfume works well in winter and evenings. This sharp, floral, chocolate and orange infusion translates a bohemian rhapsody of chic, independence and uniqueness. This perfume is not for the light-hearted; but, offers exceptional quality over celebrity scents. This scent reminds me of a delicious desert or festive occasion whereby you savour the event. Note, this multi-dimensional fragrance will change depending on the seasons you wear it.

The characteristics of this perfume represents: maturity, fun, an unique personality framed in a diverse boldness, difference within chocolate and bitter orange fragrance. This scent needs to carefully applied with respect, confidence and trust. While, this perfume may not be everyone, it is worth trying, before it is gone.

SadieBluesLady
SadieBluesLady

I definitely have a different reaction to this scent from all the various reviews that I read on here! When I sniff from the bottle of EDP, I get a refreshing watery smell like a cross between watermelon and cucumber. When I apply it to my skin, in addition to the above, I smell something very familiar from childhood and the only thing that comes close is the "mock orange" tree that grew beside the trail down to the swimminghole. I loved it when that tree was in bloom! So now the scent has gone from refreshing to something slightly floral/vegetal . . . and now something a bit spicier is coming up under the greeny vegetation.

Has anyone else had this kind of experience with this perfume?

artsyrn
artsyrn

This is among my favorites in my perfume rotation. Missoni is a long lasting,soft blanket of creamy soft grown up gourmand sexiness. This juice is yummy and oh so beautiful. The silage and projection are perfect to me. A 10 out of 10. Love.

Red Theodora
Red Theodora

After reading Luca Turins review and looking at the note structure I knew I had to pruchase this fragrance. I bought it as my birthday present to myself last August. I love this fragrance! This scent is why I now consider Luca Turin my guru. Every time I try a fragrance he recommends I love it. Plus he loves Mitsouko, which is my most favorite perfume of all time. So, thank you Luca Turin, Missoni will always be my august scent thanks to you.

Jellybean
Jellybean

Yummieh! This smells like a chocolate, sweet roses and oranges. What edible stuff comes in this flavor I want to ask? It's thick chocolatey citrus-floral gourmand, absolutely delicious! It gets sweeter with time, that part makes me dizzy, I'm trying to adjust to this sugar high. Dries down to sugarbomb of flowers.
Up to 5-6 hours.
Overall thumbs up for this one!

kileyrose
kileyrose

The most sophisticated scent I've ever brought to my nose. Its chocolatey, orangey and spicy. Simply Amazing. Mysterious. I sniff myself all day. Totally worth the money.

calyx93
calyx93

Seemed like a nice idea after buying two of the individual accords/fragrances Arancio & Rosa and reading Luca Turin's review. Wrong. I would have been better off just enjoying the isolated accords - and I really wanted to like this too based on the "kaleidoscopic floral" description.

Here's the problem.

There's a strong aquatic accord that clashes against the chocolate to make a truly uncomfortable and somewhat nauseating scent - and it lasts well into the drydown. If that one accord were to be removed or substituted for another "fresh" alternative, it would make ALL the difference. I don't see any aquatic mentioned in the notes, so I'm assuming it's the Giallo portion - which upon reading is the magnolia, aquatic and bergamot portion of the composition. Chocolate and aquatic florals will never mix - for me at least :(

I'm sure this works for some folks, but I'm sorry to say that I'll be gifting this one away. Thank goodness it was only $10 for the 30ml - no big loss.

EDIT - 4/8 - Thank you lilybelle911 (above) - I though I might have been insane for hating this loved potion. Here's a quote from a review far below by anomie et ivoire that sums everything up about this fragrance for me.

"If you actually like the notes, it's a well-constructed perfume. There's plenty to nauseate lovers of classic style and plenty to confuse lovers of modern."

ajkeelty
ajkeelty

This perfume is clearly well thought out and does some interesting things, however the drydown is all baby wipes. It took me a minute to figure out why it was so familar, and then it hit me. Ugh. Gross.

jjjjjjbm
jjjjjjbm

This scent is it for me, the quest for perfection in a perfume nearly complete. I dont get any of the rotten notes on my skin, instead getting a melon impression that slowly gives way to a fruitiness with a slight twang of peony and finally settles into a luxurious amber with fruit weaving in and out. I do not necessarily get bam chocolate but a hint of cocoa powder that evokes a feeling of sweetness that you cant really place your finger on. It smells like nothing else I have ever smelt and that in itself is quite a feat. I can see why Turin gave this a 5 because its so amazingly unexpected it becomes almost like a protective shield over your skin that becomes one with you but meanwhile envelopes you and hides you from the olfactory harshness of the world. Bravo Missoni; lasts a good six hours, is not overpowering, and simply indescribable.

Adrien02
Adrien02

(This review is for the EDP version I recently purchased).
I sprayed a bit on me and find myself mesmerized by a grown up oriental with a playful side. It starts out playing the mature, passionate role then stretches out and languishes on a bed of soft powdery amber (such a tantalizing scent ). It continues to develop and unfold, surprising me as time goes by. I find myself continually inhaling where I've sprayed the parfum. It delights and soothes me at the same time.
Several hours later I could still smell it only it has now turned into a smell similar to Aquolina's Pink Sugar with dark chocolate icing and a hint of Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil and a dab of Jovan Musk. This is a rich experience to savor for those who miss the '80s heavy-hitters. This will knock your socks off!
I think I'm in 'like' !

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

I can see why this divides opinion, I wasn’t ecstatic in the first ten minutes, and I kind of thought ‘L’ eau d’Issey with chocolate, what?’. But it develops and really takes you on a journey, there’s a lot going on.

I get milk chocolate and mandarin at first (not specifically melon though it has that aquatic note), I don’t really get dark chocolate, but this is nice quality milk chocolate, not sickly, not 90% sugar.

The flower notes come in after a few minutes more strongly – heralded by that aldehydic sharp note I always get from florals at first – the rose feels like a tea rose and the magnolia is silky not heavy. The mandarin becomes clearer - you know that watery mandarin smell and taste that’s sweeter and less sharp or intense than an orange?

The chocolate fades to a whiff, but then a sophisticated scenty feel starts to emerge. I’d say a hint of luxury lipstick is in there. To be specific a much loved ‘l’Oreal creamy soft transparent raspberry I’ve just run out of that has a very sophisticated rose/cream scent- made me wish I could snog myself! There’s a savoury note which begins to emerge and I think it’s hazelnut. The aquatic note fades in and out, but I’ve smelled this on someone else too and it’s quite gentle sillage-wise.

It's not subtle, I don't find it seductive, but I find it fun and uplifting - I'd wear it on a night out with friends.

Nice in dry down – a subtle cat fur musk, straw, mildly sweaty but fresh, also warm and nutty, must be the hazelnut chocolate listed as Gianduia on another site. This can be quite more-ish

bailarina
bailarina

At the beginning all I get is dark chocolate with bitter orange and something wierd. Thankfully it fades away a little bit, and something flowery and sweet comes out. Good sillage and longevity. I like that it smells unique, and compared to other chocolate fragrances this one does not smell synthetic.

Well now I think it was in a shelf for a long time an the first spray smell a little weird. but once that was gone, it is nice sweet and a chocolaty-flowerness

fazalcheema
fazalcheema

funny thing it seems closest to Lauder Beyond Paradise for Men though both have been created by different perfumers and both aimed at different genders..Turin's five stars to both fragrances give me the impression that one of Luca Turin's favorite notes is Cucumber or similar smells

Jama4
Jama4

Diva in a bottle!!!

I have a love hate relationship with this pefume. Initially it is very spicy and strong, but dies down to something that is alluring and intriguing. It gives one an air of being unique, complicated, and sophisticated and is constantly changing on you. In the words of another perfume blogger " its like you perfume suddenly popped a bit of attitude". Either you wear this perfume...or it will wear you.

Skin type: Oily / Youthful
Projection: fills a room
Longevity: 12 hrs+
Office safe: No too strong
Potency: HEAVY (1 or 2 sprays is enough)
Timing: Fall & Winter / evenings
Price: $25 for 100ml / 3.38 oz at Victoria's Secret
Packaging: 8/10 the bottle shape & strings around the bottle are unique

Will I repurchase: NO

Disclaimer: my experience may be different from your experience based on my skin type, the season, and my personal tastes

stardust808
stardust808

just got this today as a dark horse...the last bottle i spotted tucked away in the corner on a shelf looking kind of lonely. i was intrigued and since i spent the better part of 2 hours of my day off talking fumes w the sales clerk and sniffing countless bottles of juice (and coffee beans!) i figured why not. i HAD to know what that off skewed bottled contained. what a pleasant surprise and love at first whiff for sure =) that sealed the deal and into the pile it went with the three other gems (i know, for shame on my budget lol!) and my quest to find a head over heals fall fragrance was over. people are bashing this but i'm infatuated with it and my nose can't leave my wrist alone. every few minutes i get something different-chocolate, mint, a modest and demure soap, soft spices, sweet flowers among other things. there's never a dull moment with this joyous fragrance. perhaps this is an acquired taste more for the light of heart, eccentric, whimsical type than for traditionalists. i'm that eccentric whimsical type so this suits me perfectly =)

djgirl1976
djgirl1976

The chocolate ruined this for me. I love everything else about it, but that heavy, cloying chocolate just sits for way too long on me, and makes me feel ill. Other than that, I would love catching a whiff of this on someone else!
Come to think of it, it could be that cucumber combining with the chocolate that sealed the deal. Synthetic cucumber is one of those deals that makes me gag. It goes back about 15 years when people started drowning themselves in bath and body works sprays with cucumber. Makes me want to wretch every time.

orchid_84
orchid_84

Full list of notes: bergamot, mandarin, spicy orange, magnolia, peony, wild rose, apple, pear tree, chocolate with hazelnuts, amber.

This is an unusual fragrance…it doesn’t smell like anything else I’ve tried. When I first tested Missoni about a year ago, I was turned off by it but decided to explore it again recently. I would say the most prominent quality about Missoni is that it is “fizzy,” especially in the first half hour of wear. It’s an uncomfortable fragrance. I would liken it to the sensation of opening a carbonated drink right under your nose. It’s also a bit shampoo-like for me, which is not something I enjoy in fragrances. Although this smells fruity, floral and aquatic, it’s hard to identify what fruits and flowers are going on. If I really try to put a name to what I smell, I would say the notes I get are melon, citrus, and a bitter-green rose...there isn't anything that smells like chocolate to my nose.

All in all, Missoni seems like an attempt to put everything into one perfume. It’s a bit aquatic, a bit floral, a bit fruity, a bit foody. Sweet, fresh, gourmand, woody, bitter, and green. It’s an oddball. I don’t really enjoy the first half-hour, but I do find myself drawn into sniffing my wrist once it has dried down. Interesting but not something I would wear myself.

anomie et ivoire
anomie et ivoire

I love Missoni knitwear, especially the original vintage pieces. This scent doesn't quite fit the house for me though. Missoni should have employed a dirty-ish patch note in place of the chocolate for a more suitable blend. Yes, it would be a bit obvious for a "gypset" brand, and patchouli is done to death anymore, but it's usually clean patchouli. The ideal Missoni-matching scent and, though different, a great alternative to this is Dior's Dune: complex and intense, earthy yet supernatural, colorful but dramatic and a bit mysterious. An updated, slightly sunnier version of Dune would have been perfect in place of Missoni's lab experiment misfire.

Missoni's milk chocolate dominant note was an especially puzzling choice that reads as careless drugstore boxed chocolate brought to someone in a hospital with magnolia trees outside the window.

There is indeed a phantom vomit whiff that floats in and out of the wood polish citrus overdose. A nasty cucumber flirtation with aquatics cuts through the middle notes.This scent should be a discount Halloween-themed bodyspray still languishing in the clearance aisle come summer.

This is supposed to be very innovative and "symphonic" according to Luca Turin. Four tries, and I think this is one of Roucel's major duds. Interesting+good = wearable, interesting+bad= no. Here the second equation applies.

Overall rating: 2/10. If you actually like the notes, it's a well-constructed perfume. There's plenty to nauseate lovers of classic style and plenty to confuse lovers of modern.

After having read so much about MISSONI edp, I finally decided to give this perfume a whirl, and my initial impression was a positive one. After the opening blast of synthetic ("abstract") florals cleared out, this composition seemed to me like a chocolate-orange fougère about half-way between Hermès ELIXIR DES MERVEILLES and Sarah Jessica Parker COVET, both of which I love. Happily, I was not reminded of Estée Lauder BEYOND PARADISE in the least. I also did not find any similarity whatsoever to Rochas TOCADE, which I happen to like.

Everything was going fine, and I was even reminded of those dark chocolate oranges which come with the individual pieces wrapped in foil. What a nice perfume! I thought to myself. Then it happened: the dreaded headache arrived. In the drydown, there is a decidedly cucumberesque quality (aka aquatic) which really ruined the overall experience for me. (Past tense because I won't be donning this again...) Something in this composition does not agree with me at all, and as a queasy feeling akin to seasickness overtook me. I found myself imagining this bottle being sold alongside the budget-couture Missoni items at Target (pronounced "Tar-zhay"). There is just no way that I could wear this perfume, because the headache stage is much more intense and longer lasting than the pleasant chocolate-orange fougère stage. Désolée.

As an aside, I am quite surprised at the price which this ill-conceived, truly kaleidoscopic concoction is commanding these days. People must be buying blind on hearsay, which in a demand-based perfume market causes the price to spike. Is anyone really wearing this? I think that it would work for those who frequent the lower-grade celebrity scents and are of sturdy constitution or else have sanded-down nerve endings.

Aspendina
Aspendina

Ok I do smell the cocao but its mixed with such an awful soap smell I feel like I need to shower and get this nasty smell off me.

aber19

This fragrance is one of the best perfumes in the chocolate, orange catergory and it has the best sillage ever, it is very strong which I love. Because it has a bitter orange scent it is for an acquired taste. I will get a second bottle of this scent, because I think it is a masterpiece, because I cannot find anything that similiar to it in the market place. I love it because it is unique and very different but is worth every penny. It is the completely opposite of giorgio code, whereby it is extremely sweet with the orange, honey. You need to have a strong and confident personality the chocolate and bitter orange spicy fragrance that lingers strongly, this is perfect. As I place fragrance on all my clothes because it lasts far longer on clothes about two days. I am buying a few more bottles, because I think this masterpiece will be discontinued like all good unique perfumes.

RkrChk
RkrChk

Another wonderful blind-buy! This fragrance is dripping with thick & lush fruity notes -- not heavily sweet or cloying but extremely reminiscent of other fragrances like Badgley Mischka, John Varvatos, and/or VC&A's Oriens...I'm not getting any chocolate whatsover, nor is it aquatic on my skin in the least...The floral notes are balanced out by the fruit, and one thing is certain -- this is another classy, expensive smelling fragrance to add to my summer or anytime rotation...!

Jayne58
Jayne58

Hmmm, I'm with all the people who just don't know what to think about Missoni. My skin seems to really amp up chocolate notes, which are very dark and bitter here. I do not smell any flowers and there is a quite strong chemical note that is ever so slightly making me feel queasy. I feel as though I should admire this for its daring and difference and am glad to add it to my collection, just in case I do grow to love it. Out of respect for all the critics who praise Missoni, I will try to spend some time with this New acquaintance, but I'm not sure we will end up friends.

mister_chaz

I'm reviewing Missoni again, because this time I have slightly different experience with it than last time. Today, Missoni actually smells "fruity" to me. It is not fruity in the sense of "juicy", "sugary" or "sweet", but rather it has this "aquatic" quality. I think magnolia, gardenia and cocoa stand out the most on my skin. Missoni is both contemporary and timeless fragrance; highly recommended!

cheekychee
cheekychee

Missoni reminds me of a favorite Bible verse; "Godliness with contentment is great gain." Perfume worn for its beauty makes you happy. This is a world class perfume rendered with such intelligence that it is completely satisfying from every angle. Wear Missoni - its makes you smart, beautiful and cheerful.

greydove
greydove

Adorable, chic, little jewel! The aquatic note just lightens up that nutty dark chocolate and steers it away from the heavy, overly rich, territory it could have fallen into. Its pretty, and unique but also elegant. I imagine a girl like Charlotte Casiraghi wearing something like this.

jtd
jtd

There are any number of expressions that convey incongruity. For rhetorical use, the oxymoron (eg. deafening silence.) The unintentional, often humorous contradiction in terms (eg. compassionate conservative.) The misplaced modifier (“I bought a doll for my sister with a plastic head.”)

A non sequitur though is less a mistake than a peek into somebody’s thought process. A good non sequitur gets at that wonderful, riotous feeling of a mind racing faster than the ability to communicate. My favorite was someone saying, “I like ice cream! Can you swim?!”

There are perfume equivalents that exemplify the distinctions. Contradiction in terms: Britney Spears’s unquestioningly conforming Curious. Oxymoron: Lalique’s blindingly bright Encre Noir pour Elle. Misplaced modifier: Chanel Bleue’s shrill saccharine note.

Then there’s Missoni, the non sequitur that points to a mind just buzzing with invention. It’s a chocolatey floral. A starched, crisp, sweet fruity. A savory wood. We sometimes say “synthetic” to connote “bad” but will say that synthesis is an accomplishment. Roucel trashes the negative connotation and makes the distinction meaningless. Missoni is simultaneously exuberant and harmonious, composed yet somehow spontaneous. It succeeds conceptually, merging and twisting perfume genres while still managing to be strikingly beautiful to wear.

Ktngrl
Ktngrl

Gosh i tried with this, but Its awful. Made me wish my nose would grow over. Orange, definitely chocolate and some obnoxious chemical flowers thrown in. Burnt orange peel and a bit of cinnamon somewhere....for a moment. Then it all screams away together. Hideous. And you cant get the stuff off.I tried to use it as a toilet spray. Still hideous. I gave it away to a friend and said enjoy! please never wear it around me...

Vamy69
Vamy69

This is yummy....I get alot of chocolate, orange and apple. I can see wearing this in the fall/winter. I think it would be way too much in the spring/summer. There is also some kind of spice to it in the background. Sweet and yummy! Thank you Jillzilla!!!!

lucifera
lucifera

woow this is the first perfume that i tried and gave me a headache and even a little nausiating :-(
very intense and inpressive sillage+stayinpower
had to scrub this off -_-

Cmanier
Cmanier

I really don't know what to say about this one.. i like the original missoni from the 80s. this smells like a fainter version with some off notes,, i wish i could smell orange chocolate like others did. other than the faint original missoni smell there was really nothing special about it. It does have staying power as i tried to wash it off/scrub in the shower and could still smell it after i dried off. I want to love this so badd.. but maybe i will come back to it later

treenhe
treenhe

as tigerlillian says below, the first part is just pure cucumber. i dislike eating cucumber, i dislike 're-tasting' cucumber when it (invariably) gives me indigestion and as it turns out, i dislike smelling cucumber as well. after that, pure patchouli...and it's not even in the list. if you've read my other reviews you'll know i really don't like patchouli yet it seems to always find me. therefore missoni in a word? NO.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

I think it might be safe to say that if you want to love this, you really have to like aquatic notes or fruit notes like apple, pear and melon or cucumber. Or at least be able to endure them for the delicious drydown which is well worth the wait.

Missoni opens with pear and apple--sweet, and bursting with crisp delight. And waves of dry chocolate and bitter orange swirl through creating a very unusual combination. Sounds clean and tolerable enough right?

Well, then the flowers start to infuse and I think this is where it starts to get weird for some. The pink velvety florals are strong and very present and add to the sweetness. Like most have already said, flowers, fruit, aquatics and chocolate, definitely a journey across the spectrum.

Each accord of floral, orange-chocolate and aquatic/fruit seems to hover one on top of the other. It's fragrances like this when you think that maybe three nostrils might be better than two. Clean without being a muddy mess, but somewhat of a challenge for the nose to process.

To me, this evokes an image of a chilled pear and apple citrus sorbet laced with a floral infusion, and wrapped in a hard milk chocolate shell.

Missoni really is a fantastic dessert bomb of a fragrance that I think will appeal to the younger at heart. Unusual, clean, delicious and signature worthy for someone, perhaps those who like to dip their fries in icecream or eat their French toast with ketchup.

cleo cupcake
cleo cupcake

This is an amazing fragrance - kaleidoscopic is the word! I smell sweet orange and dark expensive chocolate first and then a wave of mint and some herbs before it cycles back to a richer orange and a dryer deeper chocolate. It certainly isn't right for everyone but when it works for you it's like nothing else.

Natalie467
Natalie467

As a fan of the original Missoni, I decided to give this new juice another try. Gave it over an hour on my arm and scrubbed. It's so strong-and not in a good way, I can't even sniff at it without the feeling of an oncoming headache. I would have guessed that melon and/or pear are in this-both being a problematic notes for me, but neither are listed.

Chocolate? Orange? Magnolia? Love chocolate, orange and there's a magnolia tree outside my house that's never given me a problem, I was outside today enjoying it's beautiful scent. BUT, I get the same horrible experience when I smell J'Adore and Clinique Happy, both have magnolia, maybe it's that.

I don't know what's in this Missoni but it nearly makes my head spin.

The verdict: I just can't stand this stuff. It's one of those rare scents that I go to take a sniff of and involuntary pull away from.

Gillie
Gillie

I ran out to buy this when I read Luca Turin's homage to it--"kaleidoscopic," I think he called it. I wanted so much to like it, but what I smelled initially was chocolate, mint and mothballs. Sweet, sickly, real headache material for me. I will say it has staying-power: no matter how I scrubbed I couldn't get rid of the smell. It finally wore off the next day. I have a nearly full bottle, unused.

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

this smells exactly like one of those dark chocolate sticks filled with sweet orange liqueur when melt in your hands! strong! not shure if i wanna smell like this... maybe better drink it haha.
very beautiful bottle worth to buy the miniature. guess not everyones cup of tea.

try instead Elixir des Merveilles by Hermes with caramel and orange peel. very nice !

Missoni just doesn't sit too well with me. It disturbs me, yet it's difficult to pinpoint exactly what it is that turns me off it.

For starters I dislike strong, overly juicy citrus openings, which is exactly how Missoni opens. It was a mixture of bitter and sour oranges with a touch of salty ocean water. It fizzled in my nose and made me a little nauseous.

As it settled it became much more bearable, however the oranges do tend to clash with the softer floral notes in the heart. I am a little confused and amazed as to how 'Perfumes: The Guide' rated this fragrance five stars.

I was looking forward to the chocolate note in the base, however when I finally smelt it on my skin, it was the last straw and I promptly went to the bathroom and scrubbed Missoni off my wrist. It goes from being refreshing, tangy and sharp to dark, chocolatey and far too foody.

Missoni almost turns me off orange-flavoured chocolate for good. Jaffas are like a worst nightmare for me now.

icekat
icekat

MISSONI is a unique and beautiful fragrance. The dark chocolate notes are exquisite, delicious and seductive in this perfume. This is not a teenage fruity candy floral. And though it does have a gourmand touch, it is not a sweet gourmand scent. The chocolate notes are bitter sweet and with a touch of spice in this fragrance. The rest of the notes provide different variations to showcase the irresistible beauty of the dark chocolate. This scent is for someone who appreciates finer things in life. It is for a sophisticated woman who loves life, friends, parties, gourmet dinners, fine wines and of course dark chocolate desserts.

The beautiful opening sets the tone for this perfume. The chocolate notes come almost right away. They give the bitter orange and bergamot combo a scrumptious and expensive dessert touch. The rose, peony and magnolia complement the dark chocolate incredibly well. The rose is very classy, peony is sweet and innocent, and magnolia is regal and distant. The chocolate notes give the floral heart very chic touch. The final stage is truly beautiful. The amber and dark chocolate are bitter sweet and spicy. I tried to figure out what brings this spicy accent to the base notes. I almost feel a touch of a pepper but there are no spices listed in the notes. This is a bit of enigma to me.

This fragrance reminds me of a dessert I had in a trendy and expensive restaurant. They had sample of dark chocolate from 5 different places in the world. The chocolates were served with unique orange sauce, real edible flowers and two other delicious sauces. I have never tried anything like that. It was expensive but the price was worth the unique experience. This fragrance is just like that. It is a unique experience and it is exquisite and unforgettable.
I highly recommend this fragrance if you are looking for a unique fragrance and love chocolate notes. It is one of my favorites.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

Perhaps the profusion of citrus in modern perfume has caused some people to forget that oranges are also fruit first and foremost and hence the difficulty identifying this as the fruity floral that it really is. And a gorgeously bitter, juicy one at that.

Opening with the single most skillful use of bitter orange, bergamot & mandarin I have ever smelt, this perfume is all about the fruit. Florals are mostly invisible here, acting as an smooth intermediary between the bitter orange and the bitter chocolate.

I am very sceptical of the recent celebrity use of 'chocolate' in perfume and I am not a fan of the note in general, but in Maurice's genius hands perfumed chocolate becomes pure velvety 85% cocoa chocolate bliss (with a hint of nut too if I am not mistaken).

The drydown is where we part ways with the juicy orange in the compostion and we meet the creamy sweet amber with its residual dash of saltiness.

If you normally interpret fruity floral as sugary stone fruits, maybe an apple or two, then this will be an eye-opener for you.

PS - if you tone back the orange, ramp up the magnolia and subsitute the chocolate for vanilla, then you will be back in 1994 with a bottle of Rochas Tocade in your hand.

tsth
tsth

I agree with mr chaz...this is not fruity to me. It is floral/peony with milk chocolate. It is not sweet like I initially thought it would be from reading the notes. I am a gourmand lover and even though you can smell the chocolate, it is way more floral than I am used to. I am not crazy about it, but don't hate it either. It is not sweet/gourmand enough to suit me, but I can see where floral chocolate would be appealing.

mister_chaz

this is an amazing scent, really)) floral fruity? no way! to me, it smells more like floral with dry cocoa notes, not very sweet or gourmand, very ambery though. Lovely)) it's quite strong, but strangely comforting. Perfect for winter or fall!

gypsykitten
gypsykitten

One of the few perfumes I've tried that makes me physically ill. Too sweet and overbearing for me.

jae
jae

Hmm, another one that could have been successful as a men's or unisex fragrance. Upon the first spray, I got hit with a burst of chocolate and oranges. This doesn't seem very floral on my skin. In fact, its more of a gourmand on my skin. I've never smelled anything like this before in perfumery. I HAVE smelled something similar in cake. LOL.. Gourmandish fragrances work well for me and this one is quite nice. MIssoni Missoni has a strong presence, so I doubt that this will have longevity issues and the sillage will get you noticed.

UPDATE: I can detect the florals finally making a presence, but they don't take over. In fact, this could be quite boozy (not such a bad thing) in heat.
There isn't anything overtly feminine about this fragrance at all. What more can I say? I really like this. It's an hour later and the sillage is still as strong as when I first sprayed it on. This could shine in cold weather. I'll have to see how this develops in heat soon. I got this for an extremely low price (Special thanks to Iloveperfumes79!!!!) and I'll gladly drop the full retail price for another bottle.

I'm becoming very curious about the rest of MIssoni's fragrances. With a pricetag like this and the womens' marketing, this line could very well become my little secret weapon.

UPDATE#2
It's 12:42AM EST and it's STILL ON MY ARM!! The florals have blended in well with this chocolate and amber base. The scent has been haunting me all day, never letting its presence be unknown. This is a perfect drydown, suitable for cold weather, a crisp Spring day or a Summer night. It's simply beautiful!! Ladies, if you have this and don't really like it, try it on your man!

So like I was saying, the Arden Beauty is a more 'safe choice' of this perfume. I have them both and love them both, but sometimes the more affordable houses do the trick very well indeed!!

LenaBel
LenaBel

My experience was totally different from reviews here so I even tried it twice! Angel category? creamy? after reading reviews I expected a gourmand or something like oriental vanilla, warm and delicious.
To me this IS a floral fruity, just with icky sweetness and something indeed aquatic about it. After just spraying it on it opens very sweet and syrupy then it settles down and smells bland, hardly detectable and disappears quickly. I didnt enjoy this concotion of clashing notes, in this case they didnt really work at all for me.

tsipy
tsipy

This is an unusual scent. it smells like chocolate and strawberry jam ?! as you can imagine this is a very sweet scent, and i would recommend to wear it in the winter. i really like it, not sure that i love it, and i do neeed to be in a special mood to wear it ...

Spring25
Spring25

I totally agree with annehke. She described it impeccably. This is a very unusual, changeable perfume. I love it, but found it rather complex and hard to pin down. I suppose it's like the brand's clothing - very warm and colorful.

Aalia
Aalia

I was so confused. I blindly squirted my sample vial of Missoni, and , poof, out came this idyllic scentsation.
I checked the Fragrantica database, and I thought it must be the Oriental Missoni because the one I was wearing was too interesting and different to be a Floral Fruity. Well, I compared the notes listed and itś this one!

The chocolate and amber are strong throuhgout wear, the chocolate and amber rush out in the beginning with the top notes, too. It all feels creamy, delicious, and bright, youthful and free,but still stylish, and mature.

It doesn't seem too much like a Floral Fruity perfume, because the fruits in use are all citrus; and not the common candy-like Fruity style perfume. The peony and rose are most prominent in the middle notes. The acquatic notes are really cool, it doesn't seem like acquatic notes would blend well here they really fit in well.

Have you ever eaten dark chocolate with orange bits in it? Well, itś not exactly like that, but, itś an idea to lend towards describing this almost indescribable, fantastic perfume. The dry down does become heavily sweetened.
The fixation is long lasting, and the
sillage is medium strength. Quite a
unique and exciting scent!

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

If this one had been around 10 years ago, I would have been all over it. I think I've just maxed out on too many floral fruity gourmand scents.

Missoni is an unusual and complex scent. It doesn't smell like Angel, but it's definitely in that same category. The watery notes also remind me of Mugler's Eau de Star, though Missoni is much sweeter. In fact, this one is almost sickeningly sweet when first applied, with pronounced ripe fruity notes. The florals emerge after a few minutes, and the water and chocolate dance in and out throughout the course of the day.

I appreciate that it is a well-crafted fragrance, with good persistence and excellent sillage. It's just not quite my taste nowadays.

snobuni77
snobuni77

This fragrance makes me cringe.I am not for the mix of Chocolate aqua & floral.I think without the chocolate this would be a good scent but it is just too drastic of a blend for me to take in.
I don't find it feminine or sexy or even to be a nice scent.
I find it hard to explain as well.Just try to imagine mixing cool water(the perfume & semi sweet chocolate Then add a few drops of Mandarin orange & floral essential oil.
Its not a good idea.

Malegria
Malegria

I was very intrigued by all the comments and description - it seemed that whenever Missoni perfume comes up, there is a choir of praises...Finally I was able to try it on!

Well, what can I say? At first, my nose was overwhelmed by a burst of sickly sweet freshness...Like a mixture of orange and cucumber! Honestly, it was a bit nauseating and I considered to wash it off, but for the sake of adventure went on.It gave me a headache, but in a couple of hours the cucumber started to fade (it was actually the waterlily that annoyed me so), and the scent started to settle down nicely.I felt a bit of peony but no rose at all.
Now, after 10 hours later, I really like what`s left of it.My wrist smells gently of lilac and musk - no chocolate. Only clean gentle freshness.

Unfortunately, it`s only the base that I really, really like. Though I respect this complicated scent, it`s not my cup of tea.

pimentosugars

OK, I have to reprise my previous review!

Missoni is very different. I've never tested aqua-chocolate before! It's a vibrant scent that settles down to a pleasant fruity floral. A pity the top notes don't last longer cos it's nice to have the chocolate hit first rather than lurking underneath for ages. Fresh and buzzy and interesting!

Kama
Kama

I agree with woogyjones50 that it is very unique perfume...
I love perfumes, and I have had plenty of them... recently I have many bottles... but I have never had perfumes that smell as Missoni... I ordered them on ebay as I admire Missoni as designer...When it arrived I smelled and in the bagging I didn't like them..I do not know why…in the beginning it reminded me like some pudding or baby milk… I have no idea why…
Then I put it on again… and after few hours I started to adore them…
The next day when I put them on I fall in love with them… now they do not remind me pudding or baby milk at all… rather some exotic flowers and roses mixed with chocolate… and the smell really hits you in a good way…now I love this perfume… and I must say that they are very long lasting on me and on my clothes… I could smell them after one week on my blouse…and that happened to my (or my clothes) only twice more…with Michael by Micheal Kors and Allure Sensualle…

asilverfire614
asilverfire614

I ordered a sample of this and tried it the other day. All I got was a strange mixture of cinnamon and patchouli (and those aren't even LISTED) on my skin, and it didn't last more than two hours. I really expected to like it based on the notes and reviews...I'll give it another go soon and update my post!

Update:

I'm giving this another chance today. I think I've decided that the mixture of orange blossom and chocolate is just not for me. It mixes into this prickly floral composition that I don't like at all.

I still can't detect the chocolate...and staying power is horrible. I've been wearing it for a little over two hours and only have a faint trace of it left on my wrist. I guess this just doesn't work on me. Maybe it's my nose!

pimentosugars

Oh this is amazing! I found it by chance and now I'm wondering if I've discovered my signature scent. I could detect the chocolate straight away but this is so NOT a wannabee Angel! It adds a buzz to the undertone, and thhe different orange notes together with the amber make it grown up and different. Lovely. I must have it!

coco76
coco76

i don't know how this scent is considered floral fruity..to me it smells like what my aunt would've worn back in the 60's and 70's when she smoked a lot of pot and had beaded doorways...not that there is anything wrong with that but not my cup of tea. there is something about this that reminds me of patchouli and i'm not sure why.

Tonya
Tonya

You will have to obtain this lovely scent--you will not be sorry. It doesn't have that extra long staying power. I spray it under my watch band, on my pillow . . .I've already begun my search for the next bottle. A real comfort scent. Helps me sleep. LUV