Designers » M » Chypre Floral « Groups

Habanita L'Esprit Molinard for women

Habanita L'Esprit Molinard for women
dislike

Habanita L'Esprit Molinard for women Pictures Habanita L'Esprit Molinard for women Pictures Habanita L'Esprit Molinard for women Pictures Habanita L'Esprit Molinard for women Pictures

Habanita L'Esprit by Molinard is a Chypre Floral fragrance for women. This is a new fragrance. Habanita L'Esprit was launched in 2013. Top notes are lemon, french labdanum and nutmeg; middle notes are mimosa, rose, jasmine and heliotrope; base notes are benzoin, patchouli, musk and vetiver.

Lemon French labdanum Nutmeg

Mimosa Rose Jasmine Heliotrope

Benzoin Patchouli Musk Vetiver

Citizen Queen

Habanita L'Esprit Fragrance Reviews

At first it is quite heavy, balsamic scent. However, after an hour it starts to be better. Teasing but pleasant musk. What is more, base notes are really good, warm, full of harmony. Esprit deep inside, I would say!
All in all, it's interesting, even if not in my style.

I don't grade a flanker on how similar it is to the original, but I feel like Habanita L'Esprit makes sense.
The three basic elements of the original Habanita EDT are present leather (in this case, labdanum, which smells leathery), powder (heliotrope, mimose) and citrus (bergamot in the OG, lemon here).
I am reminded somewhat of Shalimar, but with a lot less vanilla, a much softer, less sharp / industrial citrus and a less rubbery leather.
Creamy-musky, balsamic, earthy. I think Molinard did a great job with this more modern re-interpretation of Habanita, which is QUEEN OF POWDER and although I love it, I must admit it does smell dated.
L'Esprit may still be a bit of a challenge due to it's powdery character and earthy base, but if you saw something great in Habanita and just couldn't get past all the baby powder, you will find a lot to love in L'Esprit.

courant
courant

I didn't think there was any connection, but yes there is, like happiness, it isn't a summit, it only comes in moments, Habanita moments perhaps that jolted me back in time. Creamy, nutty, musky, all those aforementioned things are present, labdanum is strong in this. So, for those who don't dig the notes thing, where would you wear this? After a day at the beach, your skin still carrying a slick of Ambre Solaire, this would be scrumptious. After a spot of tennis, I see white caftans, toe sandals and Habanita L'Esprit. I think it's sporty rather than cocktail driven, I guess that's because it has quite a musk to it and I have an impression that the skin is still hot. It isn't run of the mill so you can be surprising, go surprise yourself, go and have fun

Museumgal
Museumgal

Sweet, balmy, lightly spiced, just a hint of smokiness like the original but not nearly as strong. This is a Habanita one could wear to work or more casual occasions. Very sweet resins, powdery musk. Lovely! Good for any occasion, very versatile -- not overwhelming in a work situation but distinctive enough for formal night time wear.

luna rebel
luna rebel

Hmm, vanilla is not listed in the notes here yet I am picking up both vanilla and musk? Not sure what is going on here.

Anyways, this is a sweet musky but also somewhat nutty scent. I cannot for the life of me understand all the dislikes. It is extremely pleasant yet interesting and not at all ordinary. Anyone can wear this, and it can easily be classified as unisex.

This has nothing to do with the original Habanita. The heavy smoky powder is gone and replaced by a clean musk/citrus/cream combination. If you are like me and love sweet creamy scents, then this is the fragrance for you. I am surprised that more people don't know about this fragrance. It is a hidden gem. I find it very likeable and inoffensive. Unlike the original Habanita, which is a sillage monster, somewhat harsh, and definitely an acquired taste, L'Esprit is a clean and more approachable scent.

Lastly, I would like to add that this is a great fragrance for layering with strong vanilla and cocoa based gourmands. It pairs extremely well with Al Rehab Choco Musk.

Germany
Germany

A musky citrusy vanilla. , quite easy to wear compared to the EDP. It keeps the same character as genny17 mentioned , it's like EDP 's daughter , younger, innocent and citric , creamy. The white bottle is suitable as the smokey character of the EDP has been lost and replaced by citrus and white musk.
L'esprit is very musky and the Labdanum and nutmeg are very prominent along with its main character vanilla and the young citrusy beginning ,this is a fresher version of the black . Definitely benzoin and Labdanum rich. All the reviews here are very much how I would describe it as well. I like it, especially in its dry down !
Update. I find myself reminded of PENATEN baby cream as well as NIVEA. Its high in Labdanum and vanilla and Musc and so are those creams. Pleasant to me. Reminds me of the smell when my kids were babies.

christianne1
christianne1

Why all the dislikes? I don't get it...it smells really nice. I wasn't expecting it to smell like Habanita but they do smell somewhat related a little in the opening. L'Esprit is like Habanita's more dainty and ladylike great (step) granddaughter. While really different, you can smell an ever so slight bit of a connection. Actually I think this is a fairly interesting little flanker.

L'Esprit is fresh and light and warm and creamy all at the same time. I love the musky base. A bit of the "hairspray" musk but that is something I enjoy if done right. Smoothed out with the almond like scent of heliotrope. I love labdanum so I appreciate the nice dose of it in this. Everything is nicely balanced and blended. Boy, this is a nice surprise. I was afraid of something dreadful with all the dislikes but it isn't dreadful at all, in fact I quite like it. Love the bottle, too. And the price! Smells like something that would be great for layering also. Really nice little bargain right here. Low risk blind buy also despite the dislikes. Just don't expect Habanita and you might be pleased.

amelie
amelie

For all benzoin & labdanum lovers, a real gem...this is really wonderful balanced and it's quite longlasting, incredibly alluring and somewhat unisex. Ir's even dusty and smoky. I like benzoin, but can't cope if it's too diminant. Well, here it's done perfectly; vetiver adds some freshness to it, while labdanum seduces with slightly creamy feeling on the skin. Perhaps it is not a recommendation for some, but for me this is the real thing.

Not as intensely rich and smokey as the original, but very faithful to its character, Esprit is more wearable but I still think it will do better in winter, the spice side is a bit much for me in summer..so will re evaluate this fall..so far nice creation, a bit of a challenge though for me as this isnt what I usually go for.. I wish the musk and amber would be more present, the galbanum and nutmeg take over and never smooth out..

Ani1978
Ani1978

All overall lovely presentation in white bottle. The scent is very creamy opens with a blast of french labdanum and a hint of nutmeg, the lemon note are not exsisting her or i cant smell them in the opening.
Labdanum stays on the skin for long time then a hint of rose and a dose of heliotrope join the labdanum for more smooth,sweet version. I cant smell any jasmin or mimose her.After some time benzoin notes join the blend giving definition and sharpness for the other ingredients,there is a slightly note of patchouli and vetiver but they are very airy and does not stay for a long.In the end the musky notes are join the other notes to balance the sweetness,round it and to give it the silky touch. Lovely fragrance not that rich and complex as the oryginal one but definitely worth try.

Habanita L'Esprit by Molinard 3.99 out of 5 based on 79 ratings and 10 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Molinard Habanita L'Esprit fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Molinard Habanita L'Esprit, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Habanita L'Esprit by Molinard. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Habanita L'Esprit by Molinard represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.