Designers » M » Oriental Woody « Groups

Les Orientaux: Vanille Patchouli Molinard for women and men

Les Orientaux: Vanille Patchouli Molinard for women and men
dislike

caramel

Les Orientaux: Vanille Patchouli by Molinard is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women and men. Top notes are caramel, vanilla and orange; middle notes are patchouli, cloves and pepper; base notes are musk and sandalwood.

Caramel Vanilla Orange

Patchouli Cloves Pepper

Musk Sandalwood

Lily Prune Musk Patchouli

Les Orientaux: Vanille Patchouli Fragrance Reviews

KarlekLila
KarlekLila

I fell in love with Molinard Vanille, which I blind bought on ebay over the summer. Luckily I was given Vanille Patchouli for Christmas. Oddly enough, when sniffed from the bottle it smelled rather like thick, Greek yogurt. Not necessarily a bad smell, though unexpected. But upon being sprayed onto my skin it's powdery, clean patchouli leaves dipped into a fresh batch of lusciously creamy, old fashioned caramel spiced with the barest hint of warm, spicy cloves. The clove note fades in seconds leaving the caramel dipped patchouli that lasts forever. I detect no orange or pepper at all, but I'm not disappointed. Though generally linear the caramel and patch do eventually dry down to creamy vanilla. This has become another favorite winter fragrance. I sense a longstanding relationship with many more Molinard fragrances in my future!

PurpleIris49
PurpleIris49

This scent smells great, but I've got to tell you that my perfume days are probably over. I've gotten hives from this, and a number of other perfumes I have routinely worn for years. Apparently I have developed a sensitivity to perfume, and would certainly still be wearing all of it had this not happened. Currently, I am experimenting with essential oils and find that patchouli, vanilla and neroli make a very nice (although not very long lasting) blend. It satisfies my hunger for vanilla and patch. Molinard Vanilla Patchouli is a very lovely (heavy on the vanilla) dessert-like scent, with moderate staying power.

cake n' cuddles
cake n' cuddles

This is super delectable and easy for me to wear. I immediately reminded of molinard vanille marine. The vanilla/caramel in here smells exactly the same, and it is forefront in this fragrance as others have noted. The patchouli is noticeable but it is no match against the gourmand notes. There is an orange clove coziness that makes a nice backdrop.
Nothing earth shattering but a lovely, comfortable, vanilla perfume.

Scotti
Scotti

I totally agree with Sherapop; this is not a sum of both Molinards Patchouli & Molinards Vanille. I find this fragrance pleasant smelling enough, but mostly just detect the "Vanille" part of it; where's the "Patchouli"????

I'm a serious Patch-Head, so I've searched out All 3 Molinards Patchouli dominated fragrances, and out of the 3 the only one I find somewhat rememberable is the Intense version. The oringal is a basic vintage Homme Patch, and this one (Vanille) is basically just a vintage Vanilla fragrance.

Basically, I don't detect much Patchouli in this. It's mainly just a Vanilla & Caramel dominated scent with a smooth Sandalwood drydown. I can just barely detect Patchouli which is unfortunate.

I still like this fragrance because vanilla is one of my favorite notes, but if you're a fellow patch-head, and looking for a real patchouli frag from Molinard then I would recommend Molinard's Patchouli Intense.

This "Vanille" is a slightly airy, non-artificial, transparent type of vanilla scent. Pleasing enough. Someone else mentioned layering with this frag, and I think that would be a good idea with this one.

lecatmo
lecatmo

I get edible vanilla with pleasant patchouli, bit of sandalwood joins in the drydown. Very nice, would be good for layering. It is quite sweet but can imagine it unisex.
Personally will not wear.
Long lasting and moderate sillage.

Perhaps you've been wondering: Is Molinard Vanille Patchouli a 1:1 mixture of Molinard Vanille and Molinard Patchouli? Having somehow "ended up" with bottles of all three, I decided to conduct an empirical trial. I found that the answer to the question is "No."

The opening of this fragrance, Vanille Patchouli, is rather off-putting, and I worried, as I sometimes do upon initially applying a Molinard fragrance, whether it had turned. As usual, the composition improved dramatically over time, and by the drydown, it was rather pleasant.

I find, however, that Molinard Vanille layered on top of Molinard Patchouli actually smells a lot better. My intention in acquiring the two separate note perfumes was to be able to mix them to my own desired proportions. Later, however, I ended up acquiring a bottle of the Vanille Patchouli as well, probably because it was a tester at a very low price, and I figured that I could not go wrong.

I now recognize that the two single note fragrances are better to own, not only because the proportions can be varied depending upon one's mood, but also because Vanille Patchouli is not quite as good as the sum of its parts! Perhaps that's because Patchouli is the best of the three and smells great layered with anything. I definitely prefer it as a stand-alone scent to either the Vanille or the Vanille Patchouli, which leads me to suspect that the culprit here may be the vanilla used.

Anyway, these are the decent quality which I've come to expect from Molinard, and the price at discounters is somewhat difficult to believe. Vanille Patchouli is a pretty simple scent, at least compared to something like Thierry Mugler Angel, the creation often said to have spawned imitators in every single sweet patchouli perfume in existence. Since I never fell for Angel, and in fact find the eau de parfum fairly unwearable, a simpler combination of notes such as is offered in Vanille Patchouli is quite tolerable and even nice to wear now and then.

It's true that there's a limit to the appeal of sweet patchouli perfumes, but within this genre, the Molinard are pretty good--definitely above average.

Thomasania
Thomasania

I really like this scent, I love patchouli and there is enough present in this fragrance to make it enjoyable. I have yet to be disappointed in anything from this house. For the price, it is worth checking out. I feel it would be great with layering it with a lighter scent just to give it a twist.

Edit 10/13/13- I loved this scent and I decided to wear it today since it is becoming a little cooler here. The longevity is absolutely amazing. I applied it generously around 2 pm and it is now a little after 10 pm and it is still very noticeable. That's pretty impressive! I also paired it with Alkemia's vanilla and patchouli perfume oil and the two blended very well together.

steve0580
steve0580

Let me start out by saying that I'm a huge fan of vanilla in fragrances and it's the dominant ingredient here. Vanilla, vanilla, vanilla and a hint of caramel.

There's no doubt that it's a lot like a candle but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I got this in a blind swap and was a bit worried that it may be a bit too feminine but that's subjective, based on body chemistry. A*Men and Rochas Man are vanilla cappuccinos, Guerlain L' Instant and the Eau Extreme are chocolate spicy. I guess what I'm trying to say is that this is no more gourmand that any of those would be.

I haven't worn it out yet and I'm interested in what kind of reaction I'll get from the ladies.

AngieGCarp
AngieGCarp

I agree with TillyWave. It is not horrible maybe a little cloying so a light touch is necessary. There is not a lot of COLD COLD weather in Texas but I am going to wait until the cooler weather to wear it. A nice heavy sweater and a fire in the fire place maybe Vanille Patchouli's best friend. It is a no go in warmer weather. Anyway, I am not here to boss you around. Just my opinion. :)

Happy Perfuming! ♥

TillyWave
TillyWave

Unfortunately this fragrance would make a better scented candle than perfume. It smells good, it just doesn't do much, and you really don't want to be stuck with it on your person for the duration.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

This is a very lovely scent, surprisingly so. I have tried many niche vanillas with similar ingredients and this is much better and for a much better price. In general, I find Molinard fragrances to be high quality and well balanced and blended. The patchouli in this scent is lovely and green and keeps the scent from being too sweet. it mixes with the musk to add a bit of darkness to Vanille Patchouli and to balance the sweetness of the caramel and vanilla. The spices are beautiful, with nice clove and pepper coming through for me and just a bit of orange which also balances the sweetness and the green woodiness.

Again, this is well blended and balanced so that no one note stands out and overtakes the composition. All work together into a seamles whole, drying down to a lovely soft musky spicy vanilla that stays close to the skin and could be worn for daytime and night. There is not a lot of sillage with this one but it is longlasting on my skin for a few hours.

I am thrilled to find such a lovely scent that will not cost me an arm and a leg. Kudos to Molinard! This is Habanita's sweet, soft little sister and I am so happy to meet her.

serflayg
serflayg

Compré esta fragancia guiado por las críticas y por su bajo precio, al principio me resultó chocante muy sintética pero luego de un rato en que las notas de salida se tranquilizan uno comienza a disfrutar el verdadero encanto de esta fragancia, suave con algo de flores silvestres calida dulce sin abrumar y una longevidad aceptable para un eau de toilette.

Berenicekezia
Berenicekezia

I love Molinard fragrances and am a total Habanita follower but had not actually smelt this one, so I bought this based purely on the reviews here. What an ethereal and totally mysterious, classy, sweet toffee perfume with a distinctive musky almost incense-like smell...it lingers for hours even though an EDT and wearing this makes me feel, well, just special!!!! Like all Molinard fragrances it has a classic old school oomph to it and if you like Habanita but would like to try something slightly sweeter but no less dramatic, this is the one to try. Thanks so much for the great reviews here - they have not been wrong yet after quite a few buys based purely on user perceptions...THANKS!

Molinard is a house that has always mystified me, especially in regards to having so many beautiful, yet hidden fragrances. Vanille Patchouli, as part of their Oriental range, deserves to be found.

Vanille Patchouli is sensual, unique and rich. A sales assistant suggested this fragrance to me a week ago, based upon my love for anything oriental in nature, with earthy or sweet notes combined. This fragrance fits the bill perfectly.

If you're a big hater of patchouli, you may be able to tolerate it in Vanille Patchouli. I find the sugary vanilla accord rather dominant on the skin, causing the patchouli to be less earthy and more subtle. While not overly sweet, this fragrance does have an element of sugary sweetness that you'll either love or detest.

Other than vanilla, there's a strong caramel accord throughout, which I personally find quite addictive and alluring, but I know some have an issue with this caramel blend. I would recommend Vanille Patchouli for those that crave a sweet oriental on the verge of a gourmand. Although difficult to describe, the sweet and foody aspects are certainly evident in this composition.

Vanille Patchouli is a unisex fragrance from beginning to end. As a woman, I really enjoy wearing it, but I know that I'd find it equally as pleasing on a man's skin too. Some men are shy when it comes to wearing vanilla scents, so I think this fragrance would be a great excuse to start wearing them, or at least to ease yourself into other unisex vanillas.

On a cold Winter's night, Vanille Patchouli provides that warmth that I crave. With such an inexpensive price tag, this rarity should be snapped up while it's still hot. I adore this one, and suggest the entire Molinard range if you want quality with a unique twist.

akheperure
akheperure

The first time I tried it, I was immediately transported back to my grandfather's barber shop. How ancient I thought. It smelled like old gentlemen's cologne. But as it often happens, after a while I gave it another try, and now I'm sort of addicted to it. I'm not crazy about the Neroli note it has (I'm not a Neroli fan), but the vanilla softens the whole thing, and the patchouli makes it feel warm and cozy and ancient (love ancient stuff). It lasts long enough without being overpowering.

skitten
skitten

The scent is lovely, not overpowering, caramel just a hint, like an eclair, the ones you chew and has a hit of squishy chocolate in the centre.
On a man this would be inviting indeed, as does not choke you up. The only downside is that it fades too quickly and you have to respray, but overall if you like your soft orientals this could up your alley. Is a very reasonable price, as most molinards fumes are...x

Woodfaery
Woodfaery

I just purchased a bottle and at first spray, I was like "omg this is nasty" So I patiently waited for something to happen and "it" did. The notes are awesome. I smell the soft vanilla, the spices(kinda like incense) and the beautiful patchouli. I am a patchouli lover and I am not crazy about the dirty, dark, strong patchouli---too masculine! This is nice and I can't wait to see what happens after a few more hours. I can already tell it will have a long staying power.
***I think I will layer this with Kenzo Amour Parfum
and maybe even with my Hpnotic Poison.
**** Update: Seems to have a real calming effect.

****Second and last update: I have used this to layer any and all of the fragrances I have that have a strong patchouli note. This perfume is perfect for that!

BIG
BIG

Imho, this scent swings more towards the feminine side. Indeed soft, mysterious and a bit musky.

gmshailer
gmshailer

At first I thought the vanilla was a bit too strong but it only was strong for a short while and now it is a soft fragrance which I just love

Nano
Nano

Perfect, warm scent, a little bit linear on sillage, but a outstanding fragrance!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Molinard Les Orientaux: Vanille Patchouli fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Molinard Les Orientaux: Vanille Patchouli, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Les Orientaux: Vanille Patchouli by Molinard. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Les Orientaux: Vanille Patchouli by Molinard represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.