Designers » M » Floral « Groups

Quartz Molyneux for women

Quartz Molyneux for women
dislike

Quartz Molyneux for women Pictures Quartz Molyneux for women Pictures Quartz Molyneux for women Pictures

Quartz by Molyneux is a Floral fragrance for women. Quartz was launched in 1977. Top notes are cassia, peach and hiacynth; middle notes are carnation, melon, orris root, jasmine, rose and honeysuckle; base notes are sandalwood, amber, musk, benzoin, oakmoss, cedar and patchouli.

Cassia Peach Hiacynth

A Scent by Issey Miyake Eau de Parfum Florale

Quartz Fragrance Reviews

theuntrainednose
theuntrainednose

Fresh, somewhat soapy, complex and quite alive.

I am having a hard time discerning the specific notes here. This is a good thing! This is one of those perfumes where the notes mix together seamlessly and create a beautiful abstract whole.

To my untrained nose, this is like a sort of soapy Chypre. Feminine but still abstract, mossy and floral, serene but complex. Understated but not linear. A bit old-fashioned but in a good way... And very very wearable. Office-friendly, child-appropriate and adult women-appropriate as well. I only own a mini, but if I had a full size I could see it becoming a workhorse in my daily perfume rotation.

I can smell the carnation, the moss, something vaguely soapy and warm and a delicious, warm human musk base.

Good and enjoyable.

Cherry_Darling
Cherry_Darling

Definitely a crisp fresh green smell. I can imagine this was divine compared to what they produced in the 70s but 40 years on it smells cheap. A little soapy alcoholic and bugspray if I'm honest. I get no fruit notes either. Won't be a keeper in my perfume box...

*edit: few days in I like it better, but still not a love...lasting power not amazing, you can only smell it faintly and up close after about half hour.

** this is growing on me quite a bit the sharp crispness I think I am acqiring a taste for it which happens sometimes. Still not amazing lasting, but definitely a like.

I have 100+ niche samples for swap within Europe - updated spreadsheet of samples on my profile, get in touch!

juzme
juzme

Have just seen a shameless price asked for this little darling ,but am sure things are not right with that ad. Anyway, I decided it's time to speak up and do the due ,thing that I was to do looooong back.
This beauty with v little lasting power, who needs to be reapplied over and over again is twin to Shocking You - Schiaparelli .
On me Azzaro 9 is not resembling to Quarz , Azzaro is mostly about a flower ,linden flowers ( need to check again).
What Diorella is doing on the reminds me of ,is a big mystery to me .
Have never understood why on the reminds me of list ,also reminds me nots are placed and stay there forever.
Strange thing the logic,especially the illogical one :-D

polly golightly
polly golightly

assai simile al classico diorella, si tratta di uno di quei profumi cyphre verdi che tanto andavano di moda tra gli anni 70 ed 80. qui, come per altri accordi simili (vedi anche chanel crystalle e fidji di guy laroche), le note iniziali sono di una freschezza polposa di frutta (sostanzialmente pesca) che vira sull'iperclassico muschio di quercia, restituendo la componente verde e legnosa. immancabile in ogni collezione che si rispetti, al pari di alri profumi simili, come archetipo unisex seventies. buono.

m_mtz40
m_mtz40

Oh Gosh yes this was the fragrance of my youth. When I wore it I felt beautiful n so sexy. Yes n it did make me feel sophisticated n wealthy!

LizzieDee
LizzieDee

I started wearing this in 1983, so not that long after it came out, but only read what the top notes were fairly recently. I agree that the initial impression is fruity, but instead of peach and melon, I get passion fruit. Also, although it is fruity, unlike modern fruity perfumes it isn't sweet. The overall impact is feminine and warm.

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

An older-fashion green chypre to my nose, with excellent longevity and sillage. It has a fruity-floral opening, more floral in the mid-tones while retaining a crispness The dry-down reflects that chypre oaky-mossy tone. It is lovely, easy to wear, and it is clearly a child of the late 70-early 80's larger than life fragrances.

viridian
viridian

I used to wear this all the time in the eighties in my late teens and early twenties - my mother had a bottle which I sampled and fell in love with. I recently found it again and had to have it. I sprayed it on yesterday and kept thinking it reminded me of something else I wear. It took me a while but I figured it out. Hermes Eau des Merveilles. No wonder I love it too! Both are so clean, crisp, fresh and elegant!

Snapple8
Snapple8

I didn't like this one. There was nothing to it. It is like you spray it and it's gone right away- you can't even smell it. One-second smell

cosmicfred
cosmicfred

Quite similar to vintage EAU SAUVAGE by DIOR in the drydown and DIORELLA although I don't really smell the "peachy" notes in QUARTZ.

pinktoe
pinktoe

Oh the memories!!! I wore this in my late teens, early twenties and I looooooved it. Reviewing all the scents that I used to love as a teen and the ones the I love now, I can say that I'm a pretty consistent floral-chypre kinda fan, who sometimes strays to the green-fresh-fruity realm. But back to Quartz, I remember the smell as sexy, intriguing and somehow clean and round. It gave a strong, in charge woman vibe. I wish I had been as confident a lady as I appeared by wearing this piece of beauty... but alas!! As I was naive I was blissfully ignorant and did not know that this was too big for me back then. I wish I could find it today, I think it would sit really well alongside my Coco Mademoiselle, Elle and Beautiful in my increasingly insane perfume collection.

yvankraft
yvankraft

Oh, sooo French and classy! Yes, it's very much like Cristalle, except for the peach accord. It also reminds me of Cartier's So Pretty. I love the honeysuckle note, elegant and clean. When I smell this scent I think of a polite and cultivated lady all dressed in white...

nakedcity
nakedcity

I really don't get these notes listed, here's what I get: mint, lemon, basil, bergamot, jasmine, cyclamen, coriander, oakmoss, musk, cedar. I also perceive Quartz as a chypre floral, agree with the reviews that mention similarities to Diorella and CRISTALLE. I'm sure it's the basil. And totally agree that this smells like money, to me basil smells elegant as in old money. A beautiful fragrance for a lazy day shopping for antiques in a quaint little french town, and maybe coffee with pastries afterwards. Summer staple.

Rizaldo

think of a smell of rich people

I love this scent!!!!
Classic!

Elaine Ewen
Elaine Ewen

I have used and adored Quartz for about thirty years. That long term is surprising because some fragrances that I loved, I cannot bear now: Ecusson by Jean D'Albret, Robe d'un Soir by Carven, Quadrille by Balenciaga, Boucheron, Fidji. Perhaps, it is because Quartz is not as strong a fragrance. Does anyone know whether the perfumers change the method of making the older fragrances so that they don't smell the same? Are they using chemicals instead of naturals now?
I'll have to try Diorella some of you mentioned because I think it is important to change your fragrance from time to time so that you don't lose the scent.

knife
knife

This scent surprised me in a positive sense.
The first few times,I did not know if I would
dismiss it once and for all,or at least I`d like it
a little. I took out the bottle now and then sprayed a
bit thought it was a sharp mourn with hairspray
as the "lead singer" of the group. After a few weeks
I thought about what,repeatedly smells so fresh,
clean,attractive but straightforward. I must have
mixed several fragrances and produced this lovely scent..then I tried several fragrances when the
opportunity arose,in various places on the skin,and tried to convince me to distinguish where and what
I sprayed them! Nowadays I know that it is by no means loud,I can take a ride even if the horse is a bit
nervous/inexperienced,without "top gear goes in"
before the start..

orange tabby
orange tabby

I am a fragrance snob, an I fell in love with Quartz maybe 10 years ago, but can't recall how it happened. I especially like to wear Quartz in the fall when the air is cooler. I can wear this to work without feeling like I am trying to seduce or overwhelm anyone. I enjoy this clean, woodsy and floral combination fragrance and have an extra 1 or 2 in the cabinet.

drummagick
drummagick

This is a lovely spring or summer perfume. On my skin it opens with a burst of green notes or aldehydes or both, but I see they are not listed in the notes. These are gone almost as soon as they appear, and then I get a brief soliflore, I think it's the jasmine. That is also gone quickly, then the soft blend of orris root, sandalwood, melon and peach appear. The other florals and the oakmoss are faint. I love the opening of this perfume on my skin. Maybe it's a little similar to Cristalle.

I bought this blind after reading reviews that it was similar to Diorella. This might be Diorella's shy sister.

I like this very much. I may spring for a larger bottle after I go through my mini. It may help with the expense of my Diorella addiction. :)

I have reached the drydown just as I have written this, and the oakmoss is stronger now but tempered with the cedar and a bit of benzoin. I get no amber or musk on my skin.

akats
akats

That burst of citruses was one of my favourite smells ever! ages ago....I wish I could smell it again!

valerianc
valerianc

He was in the first time of perfumists and this is one of the most remarkable fragrances , like Ysatiz, Vivre and Chanel n5 .

smellsogood
smellsogood

If you love Diorella, but can't afford the price tag, Quartz makes a wonderful substitute. The base is a tad woodier than Diorella and overall the fragrance is a little lighter, but by gosh it smells good. I have no idea who the nose was behind this gem, but it does have a Roudnitska feel about it, that perfect balance between clean but dirty he excelled at. Please don't buy this, I want it all to myself!

GabyE
GabyE

In my opinion it´s a too much serious frangance, but at the same time femenine... This is a scent to wear only during winter nights because it´s strong and heavy at first, but then when the hours go by, what you get on the skin & clothes is a more romantic and femenine smell ( less strong and more sweet) .

Lady Love
Lady Love

This is heaven in a bottle!
For me Quartz smell like a Fruity Chypre fragrance, a tender watery-peachy-melon version of Yvresse.

The notes in this fragrance are so well balanced that they do not overpower but helps to harmonize and bring out the best of each other. I absolutely love its unique scent.

The powerlasting is good.

Michele716
Michele716

I find that this is a very nice light scent to wear in Florida because summer never seems to end! I can't wait until the weather cools off and I can wear some of my heavier fragrances.

SandraS
SandraS

My scent when I was a teenager. very fresh and clean. I could wear it again in summer or in the office since its the kind on non intrusive fragance ideal when you work around other people.
Its also timeless. It brings sweet memories to me, of all the hopes and dreams I had. It was also my introduction to the world of fragances and I could not ask for a better one.
It's responsible for my current adiction to fragances and scents.

marinadinatata
marinadinatata

Probably the most crisp summer scent ever!!!! very light for my age anymore, but definitely special!

Sample
Quartz by Molyneux Eau de Parfum Spray 3.3 oz for Women
Quartz by Molyneux Eau de Parfum Spray 3.3 oz for Women
Molyneux Quartz Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Molyneux Quartz Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Molyneux Quartz fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Molyneux Quartz, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Quartz by Molyneux. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Quartz by Molyneux represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.