Designers » M » Chypre Floral « Groups

Quartz pour Femme Molyneux for women

Quartz pour Femme Molyneux for women
dislike

Quartz pour Femme Molyneux for women Pictures

Quartz pour Femme by Molyneux is a Chypre Floral fragrance for women. Top notes are bergamot, tangerine and lemon; middle notes are honeysuckle, iris, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley and rose; base notes are oakmoss, sandalwood, patchouli and vetiver.

Bergamot Tangerine Lemon

Honeysuckle iris Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Rose

Oakmoss Sandalwood Patchouli Vetiver

Diorella

Quartz pour Femme Fragrance Reviews

silsilg2
silsilg2

One of the most wonderful perfumes in the world, classic, current, modern, inimitable, sexy,,,, There is no other like it, only in its entirety. I love it. Always ask what fragrance you are wearing. unforgettable

Lumiere
Lumiere

I am happy with my blind buy despite not very favourable reviews for this perfume. I find it refreshingly uplifting and delicate, green-herbal-mossy with some very thin flowery hint showing through in the middle stage of development. In no way heavy, sweet, musky, honey, or any other current trend, Quartz has a transparent quality of the fresh, very distant tangerine, a hint of green juicy grass, with some delicate aroma of the white flowers showing through. To me, it is blended very smoothly, sits close to skin but is lasting, and, in spite of the masculine sounding notes of citrus, vetiver and oak moss, is surprisingly feminine. I can imagine it comes from the 70s, even though some reviewers mention that the current version is completely different. It has a retro vibe but not in an obvious way. Like "quartz" itself, it is light, transparent, sparkling and timeless.

anitaoolong
anitaoolong

I received a sample of Molyneux Quartz Pour Femme (thanks Lavallectra) and I like it very much.

It opens with beautiful, juicy, tangy citrus with a hefty dose of oakmoss. It reminds me of O De Lancome, which I had in my teens. I think Quartz leans more on the tangerine and oakmoss, and Lancome has more lemon.

I'm going to have to re-think my perfume preferences. For many years, oakmoss and I did not get along. Having recently found Vent Vert, now Quartz, I'm keen to explore more chypres and see if my tastes might be changing. We never know when our perfume assumptions will be challenged. Mine certainly have been, and in a good way.

PastelMoon
PastelMoon

Tangerine adds a definite citrusy fruity punch to this fragrance. The problem is that on my skin, the chypre (moss, LOTV, etc) element is overshadowed by that fruitsy-citrusy tangerine which is evident in all stages. I liked the classy beginning of this fragrance but it faded into tangerine juice on my skin. Vetiver, unfortunately, was very faint as i like it to be quite prominent.
I liked Quartz on paper better but i do think about trying it again in autumn.

PerfumePatty
PerfumePatty

I was offput by Quartz at first try because it smelled like a chic 1960's hairspray in the opening. I put my bottle away, thinking I'd resell it on ebay. But I revisited it recently and decided to give it another chance. Boy am I sure glad I did! It develops into a very smooth, elegant, refined cyphre floral with citrus undertones (I pick up the tangerine). Soft, feminine, clean and fresh. Not offensive or synthetic at all. I started using it as my daytime scent a few weeks ago and have layered it with baby powder. It becomes sheer tender loveliness after a few hours!

Molyneux Quartz is pure class, a truly fine French perfume. Some say it reminds them of Diorella or Cristalle. If you like those classics, I recommend you give Quartz a try. Extreme quality at an extremely affordable price - I've seen 3.4 oz. bottles on sale on ebay for $9.95 with free shipping - what a bargain! Can't wait to try more Molyneux scents.

olga1780
olga1780

I love shypre fragrances, but this one is just plain nasty, especially after a little while like LaPetite mentioned. after about 5-10 minutes, it turns very soapy , chemical and bitter. Can;t do this one.

Natalie467
Natalie467

In the dead of winter I seem to be stuck on fresh and green fragrances. And I'm not sure if this review is going under the correct Quartz though. My bottle is a 100ml EDP tester with a description of the fragrance on the back, in French.

Translated through babel fish:

Flowered Green fruity agreement on Modern Chyper bottom manderine green, grapefruit, jasmine, Chevrefeuille and hyacinth, patchouli Singapore sandal mysore

I have to agree this is very green, crisp and fresh, and a tad sweet, but not sickening sweet. The drydown is a cozy patchouli. Silliage and longevity are great. But the bottle's notes do not match up with any of Molyneux's Quartz, Femme or Quartz Modern. Whichever it is, I'm going to put this away until spring. I need something warm right now :)

zecheiroso

Top *
Heart ***
Base ***?
Final score ***

Minireview from a partial wearing, I don't like nor dislike it, not much else to say about it.

viewdemonde
viewdemonde

Perfect for the office....I wore this when it first came out in the 1970's, when I wanted something light and fresh - but not heavily sexy - to wear to work. It was sooooo nice!

Thank you, Michele and Chat Lunatique! You rule! :D

Now I'm curious about the earliest version of Quartz - something I'll never know... :(
Quartz was launched in 77 - the year I was born - and it makes my curiosity even worst (because I like to know anything about that year, a very special year, for sure, hahaha... silly :S ).

Whatever...I like my "Quartz pour Femme"! :D

Zaleska

Thank you for trying to help me, Michele!
I think "Quartz" and "Quartz pour Femme" are the same chypre, and this database is confusing us! LOL

Michele716
Michele716

Zalenska, I wish I knew. I just bought Quartz pour Femme and it doesn't smell the same as I remember. I'm thinking that I must have worn Quartz years ago and when I bought this, didn't know the difference. I still like it but not as much. Oh, well.

People, help me!
What's the difference between Quartz and Quartz pour Femme? In the box we read "Quartz pour Femme". We open it and in the bottle we read "Quartz".
OMG
Quartz is Floral.
Quartz pouf Femme is Chypre Floral.
OMG
What's the "real" one?
o_O

Quartz pour Femme by Molyneux 3.20 out of 5 based on 71 ratings and 13 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Molyneux Quartz pour Femme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Molyneux Quartz pour Femme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Quartz pour Femme by Molyneux. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Quartz pour Femme by Molyneux represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.