Designers » M » Floral Aldehyde « Groups

Vivre Molyneux for women

Vivre Molyneux for women
dislike

Vivre Molyneux for women Pictures

Vivre by Molyneux is a Floral Aldehyde fragrance for women. Vivre was launched in 1971. Top notes are aldehydes, coriander, green leaves and bergamot; middle notes are iris, orange blossom, jasmine, hiacynth, ylang-ylang, lily-of-the-valley and rose; base notes are leather, sandalwood, tonka bean, oakmoss, vetiver and myrrh.

Aldehydes Coriander Green Leaves Bergamot

Vivre Fragrance Reviews

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Joie De Vivre

Vivre by Molyneux is unfortunately one of the more obscure fragrances from the 70's. It's been discontinued and you're lucky if you can get your hands on it. What a fragrant gem I have in my collection. The aldehydes are not too far from resembling the Chanel perfumes. Then you're hit by an all-powerful scent of green leaves, oak moss vetiver and warm incense and myrrh. A lot goes on in this fragrance while you wear it and lasts for 10 hours. Leather that wears like sexy red leather. Oriental sandalwood. Chanel style woodsy notes, balsamic myrrh and aromatic spices. The flowers are taking a back seat. I smelled mostly iris, rose and hyacinth but they are well rounded with ylang-ylang, jasmine and lily of the valley. I'm getting the feeling that this was one of the early "green" chypres or "clean green" scents of the 70's. I have another such fragrance in my collection: Aliage by Estee Lauder. Vivre is similar to Aliage but it appears to be more developed and sophisticated because of the bigger floral heart. After about 2 or 3 hours it smells like an indolic jasmine, very strong, and the green notes plus the greenness of lily of the valley is very noticeable. This is totally an autumn and winter fragrance. A well balanced woodsy floral. Smells expensive and mature but it's amazing. I consider myself lucky to have it. I'm not selling it!

edlih
edlih

One can still find this good juice on auctionsites ones and a while, that's how i found mine and am very pleased , it was a blind buy due to the very good reviews it has.

Mojtabaa

It's a real shame that this fantastic perfume is dicontinued.
Is there a perfume similar to this?

Sudi
Sudi

I found one of this perfume on eBay and I want try to buy it, this is one of the perfume that my mum had been used in ages ago and I want buy it for her as a gift, however I don't know if it is a authenic perfume or not, how do I find out about it? Thank you

سلام

ویور هم از اون کارهای زنانه با کلاس و خوشبو بود که متأسفانه الان گیر نمیاد دیگه.
تقریبا مثل تمام عطرهای خوب قدیم ماندگاری بسیار بالایی داشت.

therealpaloma54
therealpaloma54

I discovered this perfume back in the early 1970s, fell in love with it, and have worn it off and on ever since. I especially love the floral angelica-laden top notes which are rather unique. Nothing else really smells like this.

Dinkum
Dinkum

Best powdery leathery oakmossladen rose you could wish for.

I love this perfume so much, and am happy because I´ve just found me a second bottle :)

Annahaener: Lucky you, who have the pure perfume... Sigh...

irisjetaime
irisjetaime

Rien que le flacon me fait craquer !!
Alors imaginez le jus ! Un chypré vert de la plus pure race des chyprés !!!
Mon Dieu mais qu'attendent-ils chez Molyneux pour nous faire profiter de leurs pépites oubliées ???

scarlettcroix
scarlettcroix

Love this scent and just found a bottle on eBay!
An interesting side note: This perfume was the favorite of Empress Farah Pahlavi. Beautiful woman with exquisite taste!

annahaener
annahaener

I have 15 ml pure perfume botlle. bought on ebay... amazing smell.

mrfive
mrfive

I agree with the views of every one of the reviewers below. I knew someone who also used this when it was out and so I chased down two bottles intended for them. You could see the effect it had, taking them right back to those times; all the same they decided it was too many memories to return to(!)
So VIVRE hunters I have: the classic VIVRE shape, the bottle with the stopper, and a little under half full. Just the bottle in itself is now a rarity.
The other is a 30ml EDP bottle with its box - box is a little worn - and a little over half full.

For one or both get in touch while they could still be yours.

It just bears to add that to some this, "leaves Chanel 19 in the dust".

jasmasid
jasmasid

I used this all the time in the 1970s and it is the only perfume I've ever used for which perfect strangers would stop me in the street (or a shop) and ask its name! Why do really good perfumes always disappear? Is it a marketing ploy? Other priceless ones I used which disappeared for no apparent reason were, "Shocking" by Schiapareli, "Calandre" and "Metal" by Paco Rabanne and the timeless Givenchy III -- where can I buy these now? Does anyone have a link to a nostalgic perfumes site where they will let you purchases smaller sizes of the genuine items?

viewdemonde
viewdemonde

This came out when I was a teenager and I was going to the beach almost everyday in summer. Loved it!! Where is it now??

peewee
peewee

One of the best perfumes I have ever put on. Delicious! I have no words to describe it. It's a pity I can't find it anymore here in Brazil.

Leesee
Leesee

I haven't sniffed the current incarnation of Vivre, but I used to have a love-hate relationship with the scent years ago. On my skin it started off with a shot of puckered lemon and something resembling roses, and never quite settled into anything with which I could truly get comfortable. But on my mother's skin Vivre became smooth and cold as marble, with an incandescent elegance that my skin just would not, or could not, conjure up. If you are the least bit curious about this scent, I encourage you to give it a try. Who knows? You, too, might fall in love-hate with it!

Vivre by Molyneux 4.54 out of 5 based on 85 ratings and 15 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Molyneux Vivre fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Molyneux Vivre, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Vivre by Molyneux. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Vivre by Molyneux represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.