Designers » M » « Groups

Chamarre Mona di Orio for women and men

Chamarre Mona di Orio for women and men
dislike

aldehydic

Chamarre by Mona di Orio is a fragrance for women and men. Top notes are lavender and aldehydes; middle notes are rose, violet and lily; base notes are opoponax and amber.

Lavender Aldehydes

Rose Violet Lily

Opoponax Amber

Chamarre Fragrance Reviews

houstcs
houstcs

Sometimes I get super excited to review something, then I see colin there below has reviewed it, then I feel like anything I have to say will sound like a flatulence compared to his review. So again I concur and agree with the review. Well said.
I would like to add now that Chamarre comes off as MdO paying her respects to G's LHB, which she once described as her reasoning for getting involved with perfumery. You can feel it in here.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Intriguing. Violet-iris opening, lavender and vetiver notes (it's not listed, but Mona di Orio once said she loved vetiver so much she put it in every scent she made... and in fact, I can feel it's there), opoponax-vanillin notes. Simple, yet great. Powdery and sweet, but not in a sticky neither a gourmand meaning – rather silky, talcum, powdery, thanks to aldehydes (which give a dry, metallic, aerial shape) and cashmeran (again, not listed, but it's there, a palpable, silky, mellow, acceptably synthetic woody feel at the very base). A white-rose opaline scent, the smell of a neoclassic statue, luminous and decadent, and so nicely powdery – almost chalky. The rose is there, although much restrained, just a drop of colour. After a while it gets slightly breezy and balsamic, a lively breathe of air on this beautiful dusty white statue. Quite unique in its own way, poetic and deep, and much delicate... actually maybe too much, hence my relatively low rating: it took me quite a hard time to get "into" this scent. Close to skin and really light, but decently persistent.

7,5/10

9-na
9-na

I like this ring scent a lot. First it is aldehydes and lavender on me, with an almost touchable dryness that feels like the one I met in Opoponax by Officina Profumo-Farmaceutica di Santa Maria Novella, only it’s stronger here, and without the fresh feeling of a nearby brook from Opoponax. Gradually the dryness is leaving me, the scent gets softer, and freshness adds to it, as if tiny droplets of dew sprinkled all over the aldehydes with lavender. Then a dewy rose joins them. It feels very natural and fresh. I don’t know why, but it gives me an impression of a somewhat cold flower, as if the morning ‘s getting warmer, but the rose hasn’t turned warm enough yet, as if it still remembers what the night was like. Then asters and sword lilies replace the aldehydes with lavender and rose. Wonderful, I can smell not the flowers only, but their stems and leaves, too. Then the sword lilies and the asters leave, and chocolate aroma takes their place. It doesn’t weigh a thing, and it is so getle, nice… and with a touch, no, with a hint of a touch of liquorice note to it. Then this wonderful chocolate disappears, and I smell healthy, strong marigolds. Then the scent turns into a ring, and I feel the aldehydes with lavender, minus the dryness, then the rose comes to join them, and so on. The scent quietens down on my skin in a chocolaty whisper about 15 hours from the moment I put it on.

Marsipanprinsessa
Marsipanprinsessa

Very,very dry, almost "gun-powdery-dry" lavender/violet that´s totally unsweet. For some reason I´m thinking of the colour grey! Or maybe gray with just a touch of muted lilac.. Odd but lovely, I have to really strain my nose to get this scent. First I thought I didn´t like it, but it turned out to be my cozy comfort-scence, like a dear friend.. I feel safe and calm with this scent. It stays close to the skin like a comfort skinscent. I think of this perfume as a sort of "intellectual", "hard-to-get" - but with a great reward when you do!Since it is not produced anymore, I cherish my drops tenderly.

Cereza
Cereza

Hmm, I don't even know what to think of this. It opened with animalistic and bitter notes, I wonder where does "animalistic" come from? I can definetely feel adelhydes which are very bitter/masculine at the opening. I'm somehow drawn to this perfume and keep sniffing my wrist even though it's not my favourite type of smell. Like Kterhark mentioned - you just feel urge to smell more and see what comes up next.
For me next comes sweetness of amber, it's "tucked in" bitterness and mingles perfectly together.
Then comes this "skanky" note, it gets more and more sensual and sexual, I've been stuck with my nose up my wrist and inhaling deeply and I feel this to some kind of aphrodisiac, it's so sensual, raw, animalstic, oh my. The flowers are not so noticable, but I can feel them playing around.
Just "wow". I'm so lost here. I keep thinking - this is not my type of scent, it's disturbing, but I keep sniffing my wrist and thinking - oh, god, this is addictive and wonderful and I wish to feel like this more.

God. I think I'm in love.

Kterhark
Kterhark

Mona di Orio is the Lada Gaga of fragrances. You're oddly drawn to her creations and think, "out of morbid curiosity I want to see what will happen next."

This is my third scent from this line, and I now understand why it was a hard sell. It opens somewhere between a dusty closet and a cardboard box.

The middle phase freshens up, making for a nice skin scent; but still smells staid. I wish it were 'sweeter'.

Oiro remains my favorite from this house.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Mona di Orio Chamarre fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Mona di Orio Chamarre, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Chamarre by Mona di Orio. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Chamarre by Mona di Orio represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.