Designers » M » Floral « Groups

Jabu Mona di Orio for women and men

Jabu Mona di Orio for women and men
dislike

honey

Jabu is a new fragrance by the house of Mona di Orio, and its name is an abbreviation for Jubulani- Zulu word for joy, pleasure. The fragrance is created of monoi oil aromas, petit grain, orange blossom, Damascena rose, amyris, plum, myrrh, benzoin and honey. Jabu is available in two amounts: 50 and 100 EDP. Jabu was launched in 2009.

Petitgrain African Orange flower Benzoin Rose Coconut Plum white honey Amyris

Jabu Fragrance Reviews

Pianomelody
Pianomelody

Surprising the beginning .. is joyful without being overly intrusive! I like, it is unisex sophisticated and clean. Silky, sweet, shy with background solar! This is light, close to the skin but is still present! personally gives me joy .. is young,fresh and floral. About me lasts about (7-8) hours. Overall it is a beautiful creation by Mona di Orio, and are curious to try other scents ...

Sillage: 6.5/10

Overall: 7./10

houstcs
houstcs

nailed the baby powder, not sure what everyone else is smelling. Best baby powder ever!

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

A sprinkle of citrus, creamy ylang, tonka/vanillin, a heavy dose of aldehydes which give a salty/metallic feeling. I get the concept, which as for another couple of Orio scents, kind of works for ten minutes, then it all collapses completely and you get a weird and total random evolution – bit of a sweet bread, then sweet hot soup. I guess it is some weird result of citrus, warm flowers, ginger. When it all ends, the drydown is decent – resinous floral vanillin, but it's obviously not worth the waiting.

9-na
9-na

Was a present. He smiled, with that particular sparkle in his eyes that promised a no-good-but-lots-of-fun story and gave me this scent. Three quarters of its life on my skin held two very special kinds of memories, and I'm very happy the scent could bring them back. Those were, first of all, wonderful smells that filled the kitchen in our country house when my Granny and I are making dill pickles. Then there came foresty and mushroomy smells, just like those I get every year, going to pick mushrooms with my family. Then mushrooms began to smell like they were marinated, with cloves. Finally, the scent turned to sweets. The giver loved it all. As for me, I enjoyed dill pickles and mushrooms the most.

Kterhark
Kterhark

I've been wanting to try this since its press release, giving myself plenty of time to build up a high expectation. Note to self: its best to not do this.

(My sincere thanks to Veronique for her help in getting me a sample- her generousity is as beautiful as her lovely profile picture :-)

To me this opens with a strong tobacco blast, confusing because the note is not listed. After 10 minutes this does fade, leading into a flat, yeasty phase that reminds me of a half-baked loaf of bread. Again, not sure where this is coming from given the notes listed.

Two hours later the honey note finally soars, and this is when I appreciate this scent the most. It is long lasting and high quality, and does develop in different directions. But in general, I was expecting something with more **sparkle**, I wanted the orange flower and plum notes to really bubble up in a joyful way, as this fragrance led me to believe. I'd like to see what this smells like with petit grain swapped out for Bergamot, and the coconut replaced with another floral.

This is by no means a stinker, but if I were the marketing agent I would have called it 'bread' instead of 'joy'.

teddito
teddito

I purchased this without testing, mostly because the money go to "orange babies foundation",so it worths.
The opening is rather bittersweet and herbal, with strong orange blossom and ylang ylang accent which make the scent silky smooth.When it settles, it becomes even more beautiful with the emerging wood-honey-resinous notes.
The overoll impression is luxorous and elegant.This is a strong perfume with very good sillage and a long period of "transmission".It changes all the time and different aspects of the scent come and go.
I think I can not mistake this is a scent made by Mona di Orio.There is a note/more it is a "feeling"/ in the base that I can't describe, but I find in in Chamarre,Nuit Noire.
And finally, "Jabu" means "Joy", which suits perfectly the perfume.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Mona di Orio Jabu fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Mona di Orio Jabu, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Jabu by Mona di Orio. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Jabu by Mona di Orio represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.