Designers » M » Citrus « Groups

Lux Mona di Orio for women and men

Lux Mona di Orio for women and men
dislike

Lux Mona di Orio for women and men Pictures Lux Mona di Orio for women and men Pictures Lux Mona di Orio for women and men Pictures Lux Mona di Orio for women and men Pictures

Created as Mona’s personal secret passion, Lux is a study on light with precious raw materials that harmoniously develop in her signature olfactory chiaroscuro style. Gently effervescent at the start, the brightness warms into an captivating embrace of sweet and sensual notes that wears close on the skin.

Like the sparkle in champagne, radiant notes of Sicilian lemon rise to the surface with the citrusy sweetness of litsea cubeba and bigarade petitgrain, from the bitter orange.

The joyous top notes settle into an citrusy earthiness from vetiver and begin to transform into a woody, creamy softness. Mythical Mysore sandalwood and spicy cedarwood shade the woods and bring a lingering sensuality.

The comforting warmth of Lux becomes pronounced as precious musks harmonize with resinous amber, boozy sweet notes of Bourbon vanilla and incensy benzoin.

Lux was launched in 2006. The nose behind this fragrance is Mona di Orio.

Petitgrain Sicilian Lemon

Haitian Vetiver Cedar

Siam Benzoin Amber Musk Bourbon Vanilla

Eau de Shalimar

Lux Fragrance Reviews

houstcs
houstcs

This is bizarre in a lovely way. One wear will come off sunny bright and citrus and the next seductive resinous and mildly naughty. I am glad I just purchased a bottle.

Haha I just read a summary and had no clue it was about contrasting light and dark, she did a hell of a job.

Q80
Q80

I remember this was Mona's personal fragrance and her partner made her create it for the public. I really can't understand the idea behind it! as it is quite confusing while i can smell the oily violets that i smell in "Violette Fumee" and some citrus then i smell the musk in her "musc" fragrance! i kept on applying more and more on my body rather than my wrist or a plotter but i can't sense anything new in it other than the ones i smell in her other fragrances specially the ones i mentioned above.
I don't think it is better than her "Oudh Osmanthus", "Cuir", or "Nuit Noir" with their originality and i can't classify it even with those of her best creations! it remains good but not one of her best creations & to me it remains un-understandable.

Das Huffer
Das Huffer

If you spritz this on a card, and think you understand this perfume, you’re sadly mistaken (I know I was).
On paper this launches itself as bright and sweet, and dries into an almost floral-citrus accord. Very pleasant, but not a lot of nuance.
On skin, however, one can understand (and have fun with) the idea of this being the study of light that Mona di Orio intended it to be. A series of snapshots, not necessarily consecutive or cohesive, but each one defining itself.
The opening citrus is indeed effervescent, and those bubbles of lemon-grassy litsea cubeba pop and leap off the skin. There is vivacity here. The rising sun glittering through a million dew drops.
A steady shimmer as the amber warms and weaves its way amongst the citrus. Like staring at golden light, shimmering on water, in thousands of dancing points.
As the initial sparkle settles there’s a darker, less idyllic moment as the vetiver softly purrs in the background. A thyme-like sweetness pops its head up at intervals. The wildlife slinking their way through long shadows as the sun descends.
And finally the soft and gentle sunset. Revealing itself as a smooth, gently musky amber, as the light dims. The petitgrain bigarade only now starts to fade. A powdery remnant carries us through the twilight, and hums its outro.

amirdoust
amirdoust

Mona di Orio Lux which was once discontinued is now released in the house's new bottles. The word Lux here doesn't mean luxury but rather "light".This fragrance starts with an initial blast of genuine lemons paired with musk. At first the lemon note is dominant (the light part of the fragrance) and the musk is weaker (the dark part). These two main notes interact with nice harmony as the heart and base of vanilla, cedar, sandalwood and petitgrain (although not mentioned in the note pyramid) come to life. The base and heart mentioned are quite similar to that of Vanille from this house , so I can assume that this is the house's signature DNA. This fragrance is relatively moderate in its projection and has great longevity. This is a fragrance which you have to use multiple times to fully understand its artistic properties. What was once a turn off fragrance for me is now a staple in my collection for the cooler summer days.

freakypirate
freakypirate

First whiff is very lemony and tart, a bit sharp and followed quickly by slightly bitter petit-grain. Now something sweet appears in the background. Then, woody notes and a bit of vetiver come into play, the lemon and petit-grain are also still quite strong. Then hints of resinous notes appear combined with a bit of sweet powder notes. The tartness tones down a bit in the drydown but stays throughout.

Performance is good, both illage and longevity are moderate on me.

This one is completely unisex, not sure why it is listed as for men. Sure, it's citrus and woody, but women can wear this without a problem. If they like it, of course. This one is a bit too lemony for me. And something makes this scent a bit musty on my skin. Interesting scent, but not for me.

Ticaa
Ticaa

LUX is one of the weirdest, yet very interesting and beautiful, scent I have ever come across. It does remind me of sun and then a cloud comes along and makes a shade. That games does play on for a while.
On a blotter, strong citrus scent hits me first and stays very prominent even as other notes develop.
However, on my skin, it's so unreliable. Sometimes when I spray it on, it's same as if I sprayed it on a blotter and I love it. Other times, the combination of woodsy and bitter scent almost makes me think that this perfume actually smells bad. But I can't say it smells bad, because there are moments when I am head over heels about it.

JodieB
JodieB

Lux starts with a burst of lemon, which fairly quickly dries down to a beautiful woody scent. I really like this fragrance but it's not different enough from the other woody fragrances I have nor does it last long enough to justify a full (very expensive) bottle. If I had it I would definitely wear it and enjoy wearing it, but can't justify the price.

I would also say this is a Unisex rather than solely masculine scent.

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

I get the tribute to Roudnitska, this is in fact a citrusy chypre with a poudrée feeling and an animalic base, quite a classic fougère cologne. The opening is decent, a bit close to Jicky, but then again... the same random weirdness which is the signature of at least other two fragrances by Mona di Orio, occurs abruptly. A warm, odd, soft gingerbread note comes in, blending with the stale smell of a cadaveric boudoir. Still with a totally out-of-place citrus note. Then you smell like if you accidentally poured a lemonade on your dead grandma for a while, and then it's all basically gone. It must be me, but I don't get this.

9-na
9-na

I like it a lot. First the scent is wonderfully natural, freshly-squeezed lemon juice on my skin. Gradually, it moves to supportive roles. Meanwhile, a coldish spring morning arrives to join the lemon juice. It's a bit humid. And there's a smell of a freshly-peeled aspen twig in there, too. Here come animalic notes that my nose finds good. The scent gets warmer, the twig disappears, the lemon juice gets still quieter, and animalic notes - louder. The air gets warmer, drier. Summer. Well-warmed by the sun, freshly-shaved wood that has the tiniest sparks of lemon juice's citrusy, lemony freshness sprinkled over it. Plus the good animalic notes that came here earlier, plus very beautiful, aromatic tobacco notes. The lemon juice gets quiter again. Disappears. Just like tobacco. THe very end gives me calm, soft woodness with amber and somewhat sweets-like musk. It smells nice to me, but I wish there could be more tobacco and lemon juice in the very end. None for me, but oh, the memory, they're so nice to remember. I like them very-very much.

supergirl83221
supergirl83221

So few reviews yet... Anyway, Mona di Orio Lux is the kind of bright, happy lemon opening that is just right for my taste. The sharpness on the first mins is being pulled back to keep from being too strong. It must be the litchi because there is a slight tinge of sweetness there. I agree that this one can be worn both by men and women for the summer. Just clean, refreshing and aromatic citrus. There is a change of direction upon dry down. Yes, the citrus note is still there however it warms up and becomes softer as the woodiness and vanilla comes into the picture, which i love.. Rate: 4.2 / 5
Ps. Im thanking justas for sending me a sample. :)

Fresh bright citrus dries down rapidly to mothballs on my skin. After the clean crisp opening, it is very disappointing. As imgcas says, it could easily be worn by men or women, so long as the scent works on their skin (as it clearly doesn't on mine.) Still, the opening was beautiful and I could wish for a better dry down. Sigh.

imgcas
imgcas

When I first tried this scent I was attending a niche fragance talk in the Perfume Fair in Madrid.
There all the attendants were given a lot of samples of fragances and essences to smell and discover, and Lux was one of my favourites.
I don't see it as a completely male fragance. I think it is unisex and very wearable, even for evenings.
There is a lot of lemon at first, but then it changes completely and it becomes a real woody fragance. It is a "liar", as someone told me. It pretends to be citrus but it's heavenly woody indeed.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Mona di Orio Lux fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Mona di Orio Lux, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Lux by Mona di Orio. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Lux by Mona di Orio represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.