Designers » M » Oriental « Groups

Myrrh Casati Mona di Orio for women and men

Myrrh Casati Mona di Orio for women and men
dislike

smoky
Myrrh Casati Mona di Orio for women and men Pictures Myrrh Casati Mona di Orio for women and men Pictures Myrrh Casati Mona di Orio for women and men Pictures

Inspired by Marchesa Casati, the legendary patron of the arts and muse of eccentricity, known for her extravagant dark fashion and lavish fetes replete with exotic animals, gilded servants, and an infectious waft of incense and mystery that surrounded her.

Myrrh Casati casts a sharp spell with its concentrated top notes of spicy Peruvian red berries and pink pepper. We are swept into the heart and star of the fragrance, dark myrrh enrapt in richly herbal bittersweet notes of licorice, cardamom and saffron. Incense, sweet benzoin and heady patchouli rise and dip into exotic smoky guaiac wood and earthy cypriol oil. Myrrh Casati, with its Monaesque complexity and originality, is strikingly alluring and obsessively addictive.

Myrrh Casati was launched in 2014. The nose behind this fragrance is Melanie Leroux.

Red Berries Pink Pepper Guatemalan Cardamom Saffron Licorice Siam Benzoin Myrrh Incense Patchouli Cypriol Oil or Nagarmotha Guaiac Wood

Baume du Doge

Myrrh Casati Fragrance Reviews

Q80
Q80

Now Myrrh Casati is about pepper spices. Some Myrrh, some pepper, some cardamom, some more peppers, some patchouli, & some more and more peppers.
It is exciting, but to me pepper became boring to my nose as i tend to find other fragrances that has pepper-less or none pepper, but i can't deny that this is quite a good blend and it might change to something different after awhile.

CLevol
CLevol

A very warm and sweet spicy scent wich wrap you like a silk scarf from a beloved person..a precious signature!

Beautiful opposite of mainstream perfumes; warm, natural, strange. A signature of a perfume. It certainly has different layers!

lilalina
lilalina

Very very strong scent. Balmy, spicy and kind of old.. Very strong projection.

Maric86
Maric86

Okay, Im usually nice and generous with my review but this one is a complete failure. It starts with a boring and flat incense note and even the drydown is everything else than spectacular. It stays simple and without any surprise. To be honest, it makes me feel sick. I know I m harsh but this fragrance is an absolute disappointment. The description sounds promising but I guarantee you its worth nothing.
I m a fan of Mona di Orio however Myrrhe Casati is rubbish.
P.S.: Haters will hate! If you have a different opinion, let me know.

irisrukka
irisrukka

I love it. Smells like a sexy cinnamon bun. It keeps me warm on these cold nights, too bad my tester is running out. I would love to own a bottle of this perfume.
I see many people commenting that it has longevity issues, I think it stays on my skin quite a long time.

militanttihintti
militanttihintti

The opening of Myrrh Casati is a bit boozy, strong and very intriguing. In less than an hour it develops into a warm, spicy, delicious and extremely sexy licorice scent, which bears resemblance to the opening of Lutens' Fille en Aiguilles.

On my skin Myrrh Casati leans toward masculine, but it's surely a unisex and quite versatile scent.

I don't get some reviews about this being boring or that it has poor longevity. I find this fascinating and alluring and on my skin it stayed for over 8 hours. Could the longevity depend on the wearer's body chemistry?

Although Marchesa Luisa Casati was definitely an exhibitionist and an extrovert, this scent stayed very close to the skin the whole time, which makes it an intimate and rather introvert fragrance.

Sillage: 6/10 (depends on what you're looking for, but for a scent that has been named after Marchesa Casati you would expect a stronger sillage)

Das Huffer
Das Huffer

Sigh. This poor thing has some serious longevity issues. Truly a shame, because I do find it to be absolutely STUNNING! Normally two sprays would suffice as my maximum application, but Myrrh Casati demands more (like...7 or 8). Although it disappears on my skin quite substantially, it does tend to grab onto clothing in the most delightful way. I went to put a jacket on that I'd removed earlier in the day, and was met with the most delightful shroud of scent.
I'm willing to accept its shortcomings on staying-power, though, because at the end of this day this is beautiful. Never too dark, never too bitter. If anything it's shockingly light given that it's woven around myrrh.
Definitely worth a sniff, but commitment to a full bottle is not something I'd recommend on a blind buy.

*Update: Cooler weather has arrived, and Myrrh Casati is absolutely in its element! The myrrh takes on an almost cinnamon-like note that oozes comfort and intimacy. My great like has turned to a love!

Cereza
Cereza

I was looking forward to testing MYRRH CASATI, but this left me dissapointed. The first hour was so wonderful - deep, rich, intoxicating and very sexy combination of incense with resins. And a lovely touch of spicy and fresh pepper. And oh the sweetness! Loud yet subtle. Excellence!

And then one hour in - poff. All the charms have gone, I'm left with slightly soapy incense/myrrh combination. And nothing else. Slightly sweet, more sourness that I'd like. Low silage.

MYRRH CASATI for me was one of those scents that blow you away at the opening/heart and then nothing. I imagine the dissapointment if this expensive juice would have been bought after that one test in the shop...

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Pleasant smoky opening, a compelling bouquet of velvety dark flowers which smell really intense and refined, on a really sophisticated, discreet yet thick base of labdanum, resins, vetiver. All smells warm, sensual, slightly medicinal, a little boozy too, with quite some connections to many classic floral chypres, mostly for the gloomy benzoin note with a colder salty-metallic shade. Basically a resinous smoky chypre with a contemporary texture (polished and “colder”). Intriguing and well made for sure, albeit a bit boring after a while, mostly because of its monolithic linearity. Nothing groundbreaking but a really pleasant homage to many feminine classic scents – with something creative and modern enough to avoid the “derivative ripoff” effect. Overpriced (you don’t say...).

7-7,5/10

deadidol
deadidol

Myrrh can either go very, very right for me or very, very wrong. For some reason, this one doesn’t settle in either camp as it doesn’t come across as overly myrrh-driven at all. In fact, it’s more of a medicinal benzoin, but "Benzoin Casati" doesn’t have quite the same ring to it. There’s vanilla, saffron, anise, myrrh (obv), and other resins, and they’re linked in a way that leans a tad pot pourri. However, myrrh tends to suggest something liturgical / spiritual, yet this is really more of a sweet, demure kind of thing. Picture a more refined, classic version of Armani’s Myrrh Imperiale with the volume reduced by about 75%, and you’ll be in the right territory. Pleasant, balanced, but a bit dull compared to the scents that Mona herself was producing.

malspaugh
malspaugh

I really like Mona di Orio and how singular the fragrances tend to be. I bought a sample of this because I really like incense fragrances. I found this to be very "pretty" but quite bland. It smelled nice but it gave me absolutely zero emotion. It didn't last very long on my skin (maybe less than 5 hours) and had very low sillage. I don't dislike this fragrance - but I wouldn't buy it either.

houstcs
houstcs

This is a soft and beautiful (incense, myrrh, benzoin) type fragrance. It is very pleasurable, but I agree with Flair Voyant, that it is boring. That may be, however, just a let down because I expected something darker, and it is sweeter than I prefer.

Flair voyant
Flair voyant

A watered-down replica of Villoresi's Incensi!

Opens w a blast of sweet cinnamon...after some 15 minutes, the myrrh kicks in, setting the stage for a soapy melange of licorice/patchouli/benjoin...that persists, throughout (3 hours, only => short longevity).

Sillage = low.

I lament to say that Myrrh Casati is another boring Mona di Orio...whereas Villoresi's Incensi, the oppulent & majestic, with no comparisons in this genre, trumpets olfactory treasures, only!

rebino
rebino

Very nice, quite subtle smell. Licorice, Saffron and Myrrh are the dominant ingredients for me. Soft and a bit spicy. Soft, natural smell. Beautiful.

Myrrh Casati by Mona di Orio 3.38 out of 5 based on 52 ratings and 14 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Mona di Orio Myrrh Casati fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Mona di Orio Myrrh Casati, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Myrrh Casati by Mona di Orio. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Myrrh Casati by Mona di Orio represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.