Designers » M » Oriental Floral « Groups

Tubereuse Mona di Orio for women and men

Tubereuse Mona di Orio for women and men
dislike

tuberose
Tubereuse Mona di Orio for women and men Pictures Tubereuse Mona di Orio for women and men Pictures

When we think of tuberose in perfume, we often think of the version most perfumers like to emphasize: its nocturnal version, when it exudes its most intense scent. More discreet and docile during the day, the flower some call “The Queen of the Night” emerges from its slumber when it's dark out to emit a deep and almost animalistic aroma.

In Tubéreuse, Mona di Orio creates what she calls a “twilight Tubéreuse”, greener and fresher than its headier nocturnal incarnations but still intoxicating and rich.

It opens with a beautiful and peppery burst of bergamot and green notes, which almost gives tuberose the quality of having been tamed and made more transparent after a refreshing light rain. Soon, the unmistakably narcotic tuberose slinks its way forward, flanked by creamy notes from benzoin and amber, matched with a milky nuttiness from heliotrope and coconut.

Along with Tubéreuse’s top notes, the occasional sharp floral facet from heliotrope joins with Tubéreuse’s green facets, balancing out its creamy and musky base notes. More approachable than its femme fatale counterparts, Tubéreuse nevertheless seduces. Perfect for tuberose fans that want a lighter, friendlier, more verdant interpretation of the flower.

Tubereuse was launched in 2011.

Pink Pepper Bergamot

Heliotrope Indian Tuberose

Cashmeran Benzoin

Tubereuse Fragrance Reviews

Q80
Q80

Greeny lime tuberose with a very slight pinch of pepper with a slight of sweetness and wooden touch. As it cools down the jasmine comes up with it's slight rancidity.
This is a slight sweet fresh green tuberose. fun to try if you like green & tuberose.

mrsg34
mrsg34

Fizzy bergamot greeted me on initial spray and pink pepper joined in too.
Then after this stage I got the most non screechy, friendlier, easier to wear green tuberose.
It's not intense like Carnal flower which I adore, but this feels like a lighter, modern take on tuberose that is a fantastic starter scent for the tuberose shy among us. It's full bottle worthy for me. It's silage isn't huge but longevity is pretty good.

Cochlea
Cochlea

Tubereuse - Les Nombres D'Or

This tuberose fragrance from the late Mona Di Orio is a gorgeous, refreshing take on the tuberose. Orio called this a "twilight tuberose."

The first spray is fresh, green with bergamot. I sense pink peppercorn, the bergamot is still faintly present. The tuberose comes through, ahhh, a bright radiant airy tuberose with a tinge of coconut underneath. The heliotrope softens the overall fragrance. The tuberose is warmed by the delicate spices, cashmeran, soft benzoin-vanilla accord.

Instead of being assaulted by the tuberose, you will be dainty enveloped by a seductive and elegant tuberose glow. I think that this is a versatile yet complex tuberose fragrance, easy for anyone to wear all year around.

(Notes taken from Luckyscents- Pink pepper, bergamot from Calabria, green leaves, Indian tuberose absolute, Siamese benzoin, heliotrope, Amber, coconut milk, musk)

lalalovesroses
lalalovesroses

Mona di Orio Tubereuse has a green, spicy and creamy blast at first which makes me think of how this could work very well as a unisex tuberose. As time passes and the scent develops on my skin, i sense green coconuts or coconut water, a gentle reminder of balmy summer days drinking these straight from the fruit. It gets even warmer though as I detect a hint of sunscreen, which I quite like and find surprising in one of Mona di Orio's perfumes. I imagine the rest of her line to be refined and classic like Musc, so colour me confused when I find a scent familiarly modern! As the perfume wears on, I also feel more pink pepper, not my all-time favourite note but I suppose that I can handle it here. Pink pepper is present during the whole duration, a spicy kick to awaken the senses and handle the creaminess from the coconut and sunscreen accord. The dry down is warm, musky and fuzzy in texture from the coconut, amber, heliotrope and white floral ensemble. This is no big white floral bouquet, it is a tuberose plant on holiday, somewhere tropical and humid with fresh coconuts and sunscreen. I recommend Mona di Orio's Tubereuse for men and women, due to the spiciness from the pink pepper and this deters the composition from being too girly and pretentious. This is the only tuberose scent I own that I would declare it undoubtedly unisex! Perfectly appropriate for any relaxed occasion, try it for yourself.

rosecat
rosecat

The initial phase of this perfume is very much an impression of earthy Tuberose, I smell greenery and the earth, a little mentholated..breifly. Yet the sweet Tuberose is distant or rather it falls quite "flat" on my skin, though it is still sweet, pretty and natural. I do not pick up any spicy/pepper nuance, though i do pick up a sweet musc..gently in the background.
After this "fresh green' phase, it turns out to be a sweet and quite an indolic Jasmine scent left on my skin, very natural, though it is no longer a tuberose perfume, or at least the kind I like...but it is Jasmine! quite unexpected. A Lovely perfume none the less, sample first..no blind buys here.

suzrwin
suzrwin

One of the most achingly beautiful and sexy openings for a tuberose scent I've ever experienced. It starts off vey green and just so slightly spicy. The middle is veiled tuberose buried amidst greenery with the tiniest bit of heliotrope that never becomes too sweet or too powdery. All the heady greenery finally gives way to a suggestion of coconut that only serves to lend a more creamy rounded note that seamlessly blends into a tuberose cashmere blanket at the end. Forgive the analogy, but it is the perfume equivalent of passionate sex followed by languid cuddling on a rainy afternoon. Divine!

cumulnimbus
cumulnimbus

I love this scent, it is a new very original approach to tubereuse. The first time I smelled it was on a card, it seemed then greener and spicer than it was when I could finally test it on skin.

Not a linear scent at all, first blast is green weat tuberose flower with lots of pink pepper. It suddenly changes with a short rubber phase to a milkier and warmer (benzoin) stage that slowly melts into a very subtle woody and powdery and sightly animalic tuberose that seems to float 2 millimeters above the skin.

It is extremely close to skin on me and here comes my big problem with it, just lasted for a couple of hours... What a terrible thing, really if it had low projection but at least an acceptable longevity, I would buy a full bottle, even if that meant saving for several months. I just can't find the way to justify paying such a high price when it would be having such a short life on me. I guess I'll try to buy a sample, just for the pleasure of smelling it from time to time, but can't go for a full bottle in this condition.

It could have been the perfect tuberose summer daily perfume :(

jacoanna
jacoanna

Profumo stupendo, morbido, verde quanto basta, una tuberosa terrosa, umida, notturna, sognante, segreta. Da provare assolutamente, consigliato a chi non tollera la dolcezza un po' zuccherina di Fracas. Per me insieme a Carnal Flower è la migliore in assoluto.

jae
jae

If there was ever a tuberose fragrance that a man could wear, it's THIS one. Spicy, green and musky, Les Nombres d`Or Tubereuse is beautiful. Mona Do Orio's creations are so natural - this is what I love about her creations. Longevity and sillage are both exceptional. The scent is just magnetizing. I often sniff myself when I wear this - even in public. The only negative thing that I could state is this: When I last received a compliment for wearing this ("Wow. You smell so good!"), I replied with, "I know".

dbrii24
dbrii24

Mona's Tubereuse is a daring composition. An interesting take on tuberose that unfortunately flat lined on me. I actually loved it at first but being familiar with Mona's line, I know that it takes multiple tests to see if I really like the fragrance. After a couple tests, I realized that this wasn't my cup of tea. I get where Mona was going with this one; the idea of a spicy tuberose that was picked fresh from milky soil after a tropical rain. Awesome concept but I personally couldn't handle the milkiness. On my skin it created a soiled spicy milky scent that intrigued me but ultimately turned me off. This is a very unique fragrance but not for me. However, you've got to admire Mona's artistry here.

Thanks to generous samples provided by two different emporia, I have been able to wear Mona di Orio Les Nombres d'Or Tubéreuse several times. On each occasion, I have been struck by the woody quality of this composition, which seems strange because nothing approaching wood is listed among the notes--beyond cashmeran. This will sound odd, but to me the strong wood quality evokes memories of redwood splinters. Perhaps I am perceiving a unique epiphenomenal sensation created by the combination of pink pepper and cashmeran, because really this smells like neither to me!

The tuberose itself is somewhat green and not quite sharp but definitely not soft and wilted, like the vague hothouse-scented tuberose perfumes I've smelled. I do not find this scent vegetal, à la Frédéric Malle Carnal Flower. Nor, on the other hand, is this anything like Robert Piguet Fracas.

Mona di Orio's composition is wild smelling, less polished than Fracas and more earthy, without, however, smelling animalic (as in Versace Blonde). I believe that men could wear this scent well because of the woody-earthy quality and the decided lack of a big white flower bouquet demeanor.

I find this perfume to be unique among the many contenders in the tuberose category, and I like it a lot, though I have to admit that it took some getting used to.

9-na
9-na

I liked the scent thanks to its soily notes mixed with tubereuse in dew, but without wind to shake those watery drops from the flower onto the ground. The scent lived on me nicely and without all that much of emotion, and not exactly thick, but I felt like the flower came from Slumberland. It was alive, not dried up, not frozen, but sleepy. Or lazy? I don't know. Anyway, it's a fine scent for me to remember.

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

Now this is interesting.

At first, it smells like bitter-green-spicy milk. Unsual for a fragrance, almost medicinal scent

The dry-down is more floral; pleasant tuberose and coconut, and light trail of spice

I like it.

Baldric
Baldric

A tuberose for people who aren't quite sure they like tuberose. Strong pepper note coupled with significant green, I kind of feel like tuberose is the backup singer and pepper is the star of this one. I went back and forth with whether I liked or disliked this as it is well done and I can appreciate the artistry, but at the end of the day I have no intention of wearing this again and will be giving away the rest of my sample.

chickenpotpie
chickenpotpie

I'm finally going to put my my review for this as I've actually ordered a full bottle.

First application; I got a nose full of pepper. It was a bit stronger than I had initially anticipated. Along with that you get this push of green notes along with it.

The first 15 or so minutes I get this rather Red Hots Candy smell.

After that, then and only then, do I smell the Tuberose Absolute.

Its certainly a different Tuberose than anything I have in my perfume wardrobe, this is lighter, and I dare say, friendlier. But it still envelopes the wearer in its embrace.

The florals do a Pas de Gras around each other, and in the background you get a lovely creaminess of coconut milk, amber, musk, and pepper.

I love how the notes wind around each other and compliment each other. Its just an amazing juice.

Certainly a long lasting scent on me, I clocked it at well over 10 hours with 4 sprays.

I would say its worth sampling for sure.

lindy-fay
lindy-fay

This is so beautiful! I normally can`t wear anything with white flowers because it gives me nausea, or are way to prominent on my skin. However, this one is perfectly blended. I feel like I`m on a pacific Island after dark. Sitting on the porch, sipping to a glass of good quality red wine. The sounds of the jungle behind me are different from daytime. The creatures of the night is taking over...
Mona di Orio: Yo are a true artist!

iremm
iremm

cant wait to test it! sound like the perfect powdery, peppery combo, if there is not too much coconut

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Mona di Orio Tubereuse fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Mona di Orio Tubereuse, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Tubereuse by Mona di Orio. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Tubereuse by Mona di Orio represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.