Designers » M » Oriental Woody « Groups

dislike

leather
smoky
Amber Wood Monotheme Fine Fragrances Venezia for women and men Pictures

Monotheme Fine Fragrances Venezia has launched a new collection inspired by the Orient. The collection consists of four fragrances and it is named Black Label. The fragrances are available in black bottles crowned with black caps of the same design as the previous collection of classic Monotheme editions, Bio Collection and invigorating line Book of Citruses. Four oriental fragrances, belonging to the line Black Label, are aimed at both men and women. The scents are based on rich and opulent natural essential oils combined with carefully selected essences. The intention of their creators was to evoke the olfactory wealth of Orient.

AMBER WOOD, right from the very first chord, boasts spices combined with labdanum, saffron and incense. The heart brings subtle aromas of smoked cyperus, birch and labdanum, while the warm base blends patchouli, vetiver, leather and styrax. Amber Wood was launched in 2013.

Spices Labdanum Saffron Incense

Cyperus esculentus Birch Labdanum

Patchouli Vetiver Leather Styrax

Amber Wood Fragrance Reviews

dr.astrov
dr.astrov

Monotheme Amber Wood conjures up a feeling of browsing in an old library with rain pouring down outside. All the individual notes are fairly light, but they blend together to form a wonderful, lasting whole. I get rich, damp wood; incense; patchouli; amber; spice; earth and soft leather. A wonderful autumnal fragrance from a much underrated house. Great value and highly recommended.

lovetribe
lovetribe

I smell of dark wine, raisin of pantelleria.oud smoky, very dark, reminiscent of the oud of montale black oud, very dark. I do not feel the sweetness of amber. but if you like a dark smoky at low price is perfect. good performance compared to black oud which is the worst and has poor performance. the final ranking is: 1-rose oud-2 leather 3-amber wood 4-black oud.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Despite its name, Amber Wood is much more dark and dry than it may seem. I would have called it “Leather Wood”, or even “Leather Oud”: it opens with a really bitter and dark leather accord with smoky woods (birch, vetiver, and something even more nutty-rubbery, like synthetic oud), and almost nothing else except a faint, yet perceivably warm resinous base accord, and a note which reminds me of violet, with a dirty aftertaste of earthy patchouli. A salty (and quite “niche”, if you ask me) hint of ambroxan evokes the “ambergris” smell and “rounds” the blend with a musky-grey touch. On the drydown, vetiver takes a prominent place with leather, labdanum and other woody debris. Basically I would place this somewhere between some mainstream violet-leather-smoky scents (like Jil Sander Man), a couple of vintage dark fougères (like Arrogance pour Homme EdP, mostly for leather and patchouli), and finally, as for Rose Oud by this same brand, a lot of Montale scents – especially their “dark” range (Dark Oud, Black Oud and so on). It’s much, much similar to them in fact, overall syntheticness included. Don’t expect any masterpiece, but it’s fine, actually not bad at all: it’s bitter, dark, smoky, dirty and much “black”, perhaps a tad tacky and clumsily trendy, with surely an overall barely decent quality; but it works. For all lovers of dark leather/oud scents, an extremely cheap and affordable alternative (this cost me 12 euro for 100 ml, worth having just for fun). The same opinion I expressed for Rose Oud applies here too: if it was a niche scent (and believe me, it could totally be) with a niche price, I would have rated it with a 5 on 10, or even less, because for me the price and the market positioning are part of the product, and must be taken into account. While here, you can’t really argue on the price, which is more than honest – and that is enough for me to respect Amber Wood (but anyway, it smells nice too).

6,5-7/10

Q80
Q80

oh my... this was in a shop left like that so i took my try on it. i placed it on my wrest and arm and went sweaty. it tuned to something splendid i can't really describe! as my skin is rare in away that not all fragrances works well but this one turned into extreme virile essence. turned into blood lemons and bokhoor essence (Bokhoor is like the church incense idea that you use coals and burn it to enjoy the smell) & filthy green ambergris, & ashtray blood with a hint of tobacco fresh leaf. it has also an amazing animalic note but not the Aziyad Animalic, not the Anima Dulcis Animalic, and not the Rubj animalic sweaty, it's the virility sweat. ambre wood is the potion that explains masculinity and manhood, and this potion is the only one that fits Axe deodorant Ad.
its a filthy naughty man essence and definitely will lure naughty ladies ;)

Vehrkalia

Hi, weevil Thank you. :-)
Your review make me feel to give it a try.

weevil
weevil

Well, this surprised me, and I love it. The two title words; Amber... It's not 'amber' in that warm, sticky way. It's an earthy, slightly dusty concoction with a hint of musty leather too. It gets 'dustier' as it dries down.

Wood... Hmmmn not so much. Maybe a little sweet wood in the first few moments. Then it's a touch of 'decaying' wood together with that slight sweetness that goes with it, but not really 'fresh' wood or sawdusty type scent here. I am getting a touch of wood polish/wax. I hope I'm not making this sound too odd... It is gorgeous!

The fragrances I like best conjure up images (real or imagined), and it's rare to find one at this price that achieves it. Think of an old, crumbling padded-leather covered book lying on an old, unvarnished delapidated wooden work-table in a run-down Victorian wall-papered room.

Value level = through the roof!!

To me (a man) this is not a girls scent. A woman - certainly, though I don't know what 'image' it would project; somewhat austere maybe? But intriguing. There is certainly no frivolity here, not 'girlish' in any way.

@Vehrkalia - take the plunge! It's quite captivating and could have cost a great deal more, and smelled more synthetic than it does. In my opinion, your avatar seems to fit the scent!!

Vehrkalia

I can't decide if buy this or rose oud... any suggestion? :-)
I haven't tried any of the monotheme line, I'm curiuos but I have to blind buy, if I want one.

pmullally
pmullally

nicest of the range but less longevity

valentinocerca.amore
valentinocerca.amore

PROFUMO MERAVIGLIOSO E PERSISTENTE AD UN PICCOLO PREZZO

spoombung
spoombung

Enjoyable, earthy, Patchouli-dominated reminiscent of Etro patchouly but for a fraction of the price.

Tramontane
Tramontane

I was toying over the four fragrances in this black label collection and was wondering which one to buy first as I must admit I was drawn to all of them. After testing on paper first and then on my skin it was between this one and Black Oud. When I popped into my local Marks and Spencer and found 20% off all fragrances I picked this one, but will probably be back for the entire collection before the offer runs out. I have never really noticed saffron as a note before but it stands out in this and is not swamped by the other spices. As it develops it gets warmer and smokier and there is a distinctive base of vetiver and leather. Overall warm and spicy and suitable for men and women. An affordable addition to my orientals.

Amber Wood by Monotheme Fine Fragrances Venezia 4.26 out of 5 based on 31 ratings and 11 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Monotheme Fine Fragrances Venezia Amber Wood fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Monotheme Fine Fragrances Venezia Amber Wood, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Amber Wood by Monotheme Fine Fragrances Venezia. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Amber Wood by Monotheme Fine Fragrances Venezia represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.