Designers » M » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Homme Exceptionnel Mont Blanc for men
dislike

coffee
Homme Exceptionnel Mont Blanc for men Videos
Homme Exceptionnel Mont Blanc for men Pictures Homme Exceptionnel Mont Blanc for men Pictures

Homme Exceptionnel by Mont Blanc is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for men. Homme Exceptionnel was launched in 2008. Top notes are coffee, mandarin orange and lavender; middle notes are sage, mint and ginger; base notes are musk, patchouli and amber.

Coffee Mandarin Orange Lavender

Sage Mint Ginger

Musk Patchouli Amber

Dunhill Pursuit

Homme Exceptionnel Fragrance Reviews

seaman21
seaman21

its very similar gucci rush and remember me gucci pour homme

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A special, mid-mature, classy frag with great staying power lasting over 20 hours with good sillage..

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0 - 4 hours- 8 inch projection. This frag has lots of class and quality, it's sexy, modern and well done. The notes are coffee with a bitter, tangy fruity twist. Yes if you look hard enough you can pick out some amber and musk but the fruity coffee is so dominant

4 hours - 6 hours - 5 inch projection. This frag is like a middle distance runner in that it does not start all powerful and burn out after 3-4 hours, but instead it paces the projection well and the sillage is very good. Some patchoulli smokiness comes in

6 hours - 8 hours - 3 inch projection

8 - 9.5 hours - 1 inch projection, more smokiness

9.5 hours - 20 hours - Close to skin and on my skin the next day when I woke up with occasions sillage trails

This is special, simply put. Mont Blanc legend gets the mainstream plaudits but IMHO this frag has much better quality and so much more to offer, nvermind that I picked up a 50ml bottle for £15 online

I wore this at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall in Epcot, Diseyworld, Orlando meeting princess' with my family...I got a great reminder of the night the next morning as the frag was still on me smelling beautiful. You may only get a few moments in life for special occasions, so I recommend that you get this for a small amount of outlay

Quality

JoeOM
JoeOM

My second purchase from Mont Blanc after Presence. Slightly disappointed with this one.

On initial spray I pick up a lot of mandarin, which stays more or less in the foreground at all times, and a nice bit of lavender. I unfortunately don't get any of the coffee at this point.

After a while, but as the fragrance starts to fade, I finally get the lovely bitter coffee and musk coming through, with only a small amount of amber though which is a shame. A plus though, I don't pick up any of my hated patchouli.

Again like everyone has said though, it does not last very long on my skin, it does on my clothes however.

Worth a try if you can get a good price for it!

checky
checky

Sichuan pepper totally overpowers what looks to be a very interesting combination of ingredients on paper. Very dissapointed considering how much Legend was a fresh, green masterpiece. Not my thing at all. I think I would serve this on a piece of steak than wear it on my skin.

johannbale
johannbale

This is my 2nd best of Mont Blanc in my wardrobe. On its opening, it reminds me a lot of Dunhill Pursuit, 15minutes later you'll get a 70% of Diesel Fuel for Life Spirit's smells. Longevity and sillage are pretty good!

Scent 9/10
Longevity 8/10 (14+ hrs on my skin)
Sillage 9/10

Overall 86/100

Highly recommended!

gzalvares
gzalvares

Very good combination of dissonant notes of coffee and mandarin. It's a little exotic then it is good to know before purchasing.

Rankn504
Rankn504

This smells like DunhillPursuit in the opening but as soon as this dries down its straight Vince Camutto. It smells nothing like the opening in thedry down completely different fragrance.

gerry.madoni
gerry.madoni

A truly well priced hidden gem of a scent.

@kterhawk review or comments below............I am instantly reminded of the expression :

"Pretentious moi ?"

Please save the delusional stabs at internet elitism for somewhere else. This is a fragrance website , again just a fragrance website......no more and no less..

Try and not be so uncouth.

mdalankford
mdalankford

Elegant, dark, intense, masculine and mysterious. That should just about sum up MB Exceptionnel. The citrus and spices blend gracefully well with the heavier notes of amber and coffee. To my nose, the musk, lavender and patchouli play minor (but noticeable) roles. This will be my formal or semi-formal event scent. Sillage and longevity are both moderate. I get about 4 hours with 5 squirts before it becomes a skin scent. At $21 (1.7 oz.), re-applying after 4 hours will not break the bank.

kanak
kanak

Mont Blanc Exceptionnel is very good. as others have mentioned, top notes are citrus and warm coffee and hints of lavender which dries down to a nice dark coffee with musk and amber. I could not really differentiate any of the middle notes mentioned. This is in the same axis as Dirty English, Dsquared potion, or Dunhill Pursuit but with Coffee and amber taking centerstage instead of Oud, Incense and leather. This makes Exceptionnel more sweet and less smoky than the others, making it a more comfortable fragrance. It is still more a formal fragrance than casual in my opinion. if not full tuxedo, at least a sports blazer and tie. Cant see myself wearing this to the beach!! Longevity and projection on this are on the soft side which means if you are habitually a 2 sprays guy, you wont get much Projection out of this. I get about 6-7 hours with 6 sprays and I can smell it on me faintly for a bit longer. Mont Blanc Exceptionnel is a rich, classy warm fragrance with hints of sweetness. Wonderful stuff. I love it. 8.5/10

renzo77
renzo77

I love this perfume is better than starwalker stronger and more durable because they do not say here that has low duration lasts for hours on my skin

sswoverl
sswoverl

I hate to shit on the praise parade, as I love this fragrance, but I have to say that the bottle of Exceptionnel I have has horrible longevity. Perhaps I purchased a bad bottle. I get about about 1.5 hours on the skin and approximately the same on the clothes before it vanishes into a very faint amber. I think this fragrance is really amazing, but the longevity is absolute shit. I put seven shots on my shirt this afternoon, and they're barely detectable a couple hours later.

didi baev
didi baev

Exceptionnel! The name says it all.

pramit
pramit

Dark, intense, very masculine, very distinct and little mysterious fragrance,not for regular use, in the formal evenings.Very elegent. Go for it and you wont regret it.

deja vu-gr
deja vu-gr

All these years i was looking to find my new signature scent as a replacement of my precious Gucci Rush because it is discontinued on the market years ago.
After searching and searching hundrends of perfumes i tested and smelled some remarkable fraqs,some unique fraqs,i did blind buys,i purchased some just from enthousiasm but noone did manage to make me to feel like my beloved GR had managed.
I tested on a paper strip accidentaly today this one and it was AMAZING.
I am not going to identify the notes of the fraq,i don't care to identify this one just i get the impression that this thing left me....hmmmmm wild thing...think i love you!!
This one and GR don't share similarities except that they are woody fragrances (GR is much more spicy also and i find that has a bit more versatility) but i finally get as a result the impression that Exceptionnel gave me.
It was the same impression as GR had left me years ago(NOT BY THE SAME AROMA I REPEAT),and the point is that this impression for this one remains till now hours later and i caught my self don't resist and want to smell this juice on a paper strip again and again.
From the very first sniff it was for me like a sting that hit my brain my bones and every single cell of my body.
Very clean,fresh,refined and elegant jouice.SO PLEASANT & WELL CRAFTED!!
I will test it on my skin asap just to check longevity and projection but i think these details could not stop me to get it and i have a sense that i am very close to my new signature scent.
THE KING IS DEAD....LONG LIVE TO THE NEW KING!!!!

Conqs Mont Blanc
P.S: Marycon you are absolutely right!!

sharmap14
sharmap14

the name says it all, it is exceptionnel a veryyy under rated fragrance all the notes come out one at a time. the inital blast is a little confusing but the drydown is beautiful

ikuone
ikuone

Very nice perfume, it's reminds me of Carolina Herrera 212 when i first spray, after that afyer it blend with my skin, wow very nice sweet warn citrusy smells of ginger,orange, musk and amber. It really lasting on me... Love it so much including mont blanc lageng and presence

ianannable
ianannable

A really nice fragrance. Suited to the autumn and winter. Great warm vibe and lovely smell. I was surprised by this one, rated it instantly. Worth owning.

Theperfumeman
Theperfumeman

Quite like it actually, except that it does not last. Great smell, but needs reapplication like very 3 hours or so..

guilhermefalcai
guilhermefalcai

Delicious, really Exceptionnel like all others Mont Blanc Fragrances. I like very much all masculine colognes of this house.

tucktimosprime
tucktimosprime

very interesting scent, the top smells like cold coffee, and as the scent gets into the middle notes,it progresses into of warm coffee, with a hint of chocolate as you approach the Dry down. I can see this being a great office scent ..Plus the bottle is absolutely gorgeous, ,really starting to like the Mont blanc range. .no longevity problems here ,a solid 12 Hours ..
allso theres a dried orange peel smell that sort of stays throughout its duration, this note will be the make or break for you,,personally I love it .

scottyman72
scottyman72

This cologne is absolutely remarkable in every way. For about 100 dollars you can get a 100ml bottle, and it is the best money you will ever spend in your life. When I wear this cologne, I can't stop smelling myself. It is my favorite scent by far. I use it whenever I am dressed really nicely, and to me the scent is synonymous with good taste, high culture, and sophistication. I would comfortably say that this is the best scent that I have ever owned, and that says a lot. A+, Mont Blanc has really outdone themselves this time.

gd15329
gd15329

Such an Exceptional smell! Very elegant! Subtle and strong at the same time! (a close to skin that stays forever fragrance...) you will love this.
BUT UNFORTUNATELY something in it irritates my nose and it gives me a headache eventually - so I can not wear it (for more than 20 minutes) otherwise... signature worthy frag.

mirul
mirul

WHY no one make review of this fragrance on you tube! this is also a great fragrance!

shahab.zaidi
shahab.zaidi

I used it long time back. Very gentleman kind of a scent. I really like it. Perfect for formal meetings with suitings. Sophisticated stuff. I recommend this.

kalbing
kalbing

My current favorite! Bought it at StrawberryNet. Waited some thirty (30) days for it to arrive but t'was worth the wait. My 3-year old son says that I smell yummy when I wear this perfume. My wife also says the same. :-)

ROLDAN
ROLDAN

Such a good fragrance for the price of 18$. It doesn't smell cheap at all. Sweet ,warm ,delicate spicy and elegant scent. Great for formal outings/ evenings and not overpowering at all. Staying power good enough. Moderate silage. Great choice for budget buyers!

halftwintowers
halftwintowers

The mandarin, lavendar, coffee, musk is noticeable right away. I love this fragrance. So masculine and mature. The amber makes it slightly sweet. I find no similarities to Black XS (I remember that smelling like strawberries). I'm on my seventh hour and it's now close to the skin but its aromatic nature keeps it present... maybe 2 hours of strong projection. Very safe blind buy for the 21+ crowd.

marycon
marycon

Beautiful fragrance!!!! How come the really good fragrances dont get the hype that they deserve??? A big shout to the fragrance community. People stop being victims of the "clever" brands promotion's. Get your noses and make reviews of the hidden jewels such as this!!!

evilspin
evilspin

Great fragrance. Its like a replica of Macho by Diane Pauline, Tommy Bahama pour homme, Black Walnut by BR & Gucci Pour Homme (they all are like twins). Except theres a great combo of coffee and it lasts longer and projection is better than the others, Black Walnut another amazing alike this one, Gucci pour homme comes 2nd as my fav from these 5! A great buy. Its hard to choose a fav from these similars.
I guess I shouldnt feel that bad that Gucci Pour Homme is discontinued anymore since I have this to seek :)

Lookin4Happy
Lookin4Happy

This has got to be my all time favorite (for daily use) of my husband's small collection of fragrances. It is utterly exceptional in every way. The opening is very fresh and sharp, and the transition through stages is delightful. I especially love the dry down on his skin. This one has good staying power. I've had to tell him to back off on the sprays because it can be overwhelming to me. He says he cannot smell it, but I sure can. So, I guess that means the sillage is good. I'm not so up to speed on all the terminology. This frag just makes me want to snuggle up and be close to him when he wears it. I cannot get enough. As a side note, it also works really well with my skin chemistry, though it smells completely different....more aromatic on my skin.

ABRAG
ABRAG

Excellent fragrance luxury sophisticated formal

I like it

Attractive to women

I would recommend him

There is a problem does not last long

alex.ginhoux
alex.ginhoux

The pros:
A nice light woody and warm spicy low key fragance, at first spraying, with a touch of tangerine.

The cons:
Unfortunately it has no evelation on me.
My skin quite completely neutralize the scent or what?!!! Even after 5 spray no real sillage, i've never seen this before.
Ten min later, it only left a very light close close Nice body perfume, that vanishes within the next 30min!!!.
Could have been improved in term of sillage and lasting.

So, neat packaging and bottle, short lasting despite many sprayings. Smell Nice. Had tremendous potential but a missed opportunity.

Sukaimi
Sukaimi

The scent reminds me of my late beloved Grandfather...I will wear it whenever I miss him...

Congeniality
Congeniality

Such a perfect thing that I can't even describe. We love it. Such a nicely masculine, warm, spicy, uplifting scent. Lasts for hours even in the night club where as you know is mix of smoke, sweat, alcohol and many many perfumes of other people. Classic scent with some kind of surprise, magic, some exceptionnel elements in it. I can only guess that it comes from amber, musk, lavender, coffee and mandarin orange as a main ingredients of it.

cyber861
cyber861

یه ادکلن خوب.یکمی خیلی کم شبیهه the one
ولی بوش مردونه تر و با کلاس تره.

matiassantafe
matiassantafe

Due to the comments of poor lasting I decided to test the fragance (for a long term) in my arm. So I went to the store (on a warm day) before going working and got two sprays.

The fragance stayed with me nine hours until I took a bath. Although it had a moderate projection I was able to feel it the whole journey. Not with the initial shine of the top notes, of course, but yes with an addictive powdery smell. Maybe if you directly smell at close distance the area where you applied the fragance you will find it a little weak, but it is true that it has the strenght to be noticeable just when you forget you are wearing it.

According to the notes it doesn't seem to be something unusual, but it has something that makes it feel no so common and very attractive. I really like "loud" scents but this keeps me satisfied.

tutu1234
tutu1234

Ok, my two cents on - Exceptionnel by Mont Blanc!!

I would start by saying this fragrance is 'exceptionnel/exceptional sophistication personified (non-human)'. This is an extremely sophisticated fragrance that can be worn by anyone who wants a subtle mystic fragrance oozing out of their respective bodies....

Many have complaint about its longevity, however, I have not faced this problem it's been 6+ hrs and still going good on me. You have to understand that perfumes with aromatic characteristics will not be evident to you that much, as they would be to others; I may not be able to smell the fragrance too hard on me, but somehow others are able smell on me from a distance; i.e. this frag has similar aromatic characteristics such as 'D&G The One'. My suggestion would be spay two times on your shirt and you will find a remarkable improvement in the longevity. :)

Now getting back to the the fragrance of this EDT. Let me tell you that you will be able to observe/witness/smell/whiff transition of notes in a prominent way, I think way to prominent. The opening is similar to somewhat 'CK Euphoria Intense and Paco Rabanne 1 Million' but in a more sophisticated/slight boozier manner not too sweet. After 20-30 minutes you can feel the similarity with the dry down of 'Lacoste Red/Style in Play', however slightly sweeter and more elegant. The dry down is way too sophisticated to be termed as Black XS or 1 Million, it is no way similar to these two. The dry-down gives me a slight feel of 'D&G The One' (only in character), but slightly more musky-lavenderish-ginger-coffee and not at all overly sweet but very sophisticated.

For me the transitioning of notes is magical and sophistication of the juice mesmerizes me!! Longevity is no issue - you may have to take close whiffs of the fragrance; however, others can smell it on you. I will definitely recommend it!

m-hani

وقتی اسپری میکنی اول بوی زنجبیل و یه کم قهوه میده
کار شیک و رسمی
به یه بار داشتنش می ارزه
با احترام

A citrusy/lavander opening with herbal/aromatic undertones turning into the usual synthetic woody/ambery base. I think I've seen this before.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Quite opposite to most reviews below, I haven't noticed poor longetivity when my husband wears Exceptionnel.
I agree, the silage is impressive for the first 2 hours and then it gradually dies, nevertheless I can still sense whiffs on my husband's skin every now and then.
I consider this fragrance strong on woody notes, extremely masculine and elegant with just a tiny echo of Elixir Des Merveilles, my favourite woody marvel.
Exceptionnel suits my husband best when he wears white, smart, short sleeved shirt, elegant trousers and black leather mocassins. When he puts his sexy sunglasses on and sprays his neck and chest with Exceptionnel - I feel I am melting. I also feel really proud when I walk with him and I get whiffs of Exceptionnel; a noble fragrance that gives my hubbie more confidence and boosts his self esteem.
Eeven though I am in minority here - I strongly recommend Exceptionnel and can't fault this fragrance in any aspect of either lasting power or silage.

VanAllan
VanAllan

I accidentally delete my old review on this, so had to sniff it again, since I don't own it (yet :).

It starts aromatic-fruity-sweet with mandarin & lavender clear stated there and a latte-machiato feeling around....truly nice!

Then, after 20-30 min. it turns into a fresher fragrance with mint, juicy ginger and sage and hits me: that's what I liked first about, it surprises you with an upside-down pyramid. Adding at middle a fresh combo over a sweet top, makes you feel very special and gives you an impression of a reserved, mature fragrance!.
The base is warm and classy developing (again) an ambery woody feeling.

A good fragrance, in the vein of modern ones and, as others mentioned, one step higher then P.R. BlackXS. My personal rank (after 2 testings) 7.8/10. ☣☣☣

guest_sheik_kaka
guest_sheik_kaka

silladge: very good
longvity: poor maximum for 2 hour
this perfume smell i like but it is longvity poor

Kterhark
Kterhark

dear guest_: This is a place for 'reviews', not 'comments'. Saying 'it sucks' is not a complete train of thought.

'Sucks', for example, is a verb; so the reader is left wondering what is the direct object of the sucking, air? dirt? a sippy cup?

If you are using it as an adjective, then we are also confused, as 'that sucks' is usually said when someone experiences bad luck.

Did the scent cause you to stumble and fall in front of a crowd of people?

anyhow, just wanted to point out some of the etiquette that we follow here, which sucks, I know

Dad jax
Dad jax

Very very nice frag by Mont Blanc! i guess mont blanc on it's very best but i fail it cus of extream poor lasting ..max 1 hour...

Mont Blanc Exceptionnel is right on the line between being Woody Spicy and Woody Aromatic, which is exactly what I've been looking for.

This scent can be sharp and deep. It starts out peppery gingery spicy but never get too out of hand; thanks to the fresh juicy orange and strong aromatic lavender (I also get cedar'ish note here). I can pick up a nice coffee accord that has this espresso smoothness with the slight bitter quality of coffee that I love. It's opulent and never changes around much on my skin, but it does get a little sweet musky woody at the end; very nice. Overall, its a thumb up for me. It's a bit for older crowd but I can see any man could wear it without a doubt. Great for special moment. I see myself wear it quite often now as the weather gets colder.

Indro
Indro

Bought it today after reading nice reviews over here.I like it,very elegant but not so long lasting on my skin,say...for 4 hours max,but still very sophisticated,right for my kind of guys.

guest_ahmad ehab
guest_ahmad ehab

very elegant and for formal evenings
more like well suited men ,very long lasting
not for everyday use but nice for regular kinda formal outings at night if that makes sense !!

Eros
Eros

Agree with "Bluecoast"'s response: feel of exclusive and stable. BUT, while Dupont Passenger is "new fast motor yacht", this perfume is "older huge super-yacht". Maybe it is even TOO over-classed making it "solid older age=50+ inverstor" style. Not old-fashioned, just "very distilled, very exclusive".
I am not fully agree with "periquito89"'s response here, this perfume is in different class, one step higher than Paco's Black XS.
Anyway it will be very classy gift for any business man at age 35+.

bluecoast
bluecoast

Very intense. Masculine, woody, dark. For the opening of an exhibition, a night at the opera. A real statement. Compare it with Dupont Passenger which is lasting longer and more intense, but somewhat similar.

periquito89
periquito89

Due to a couple of opinions I was curious to try this. Before I did, I saw someone wrote in a forum that exceptionnel reminds "Polo Double Black", and here that reminds "Paco Rabanne Black XS". I don´t know Polo Double Black, but the similar smell, as it was told, has to be the "mango" smell, despite this fruit doesn't appears in the composition (?) of Exceptionnel. Well, the "mango" doesn`t appears in the composition of "Black XS" either, but this Paco Rabanne really reminds that fruit, most of all in the beginning. I own Black XS and I tested Exceptionnel last friday, in a shopping mall, and in the beginning some note or combination of notes really reminds me Black XS, but less sweet and a little more mature. As the hours goes by Exceptionnel becomes more woody. I was expecting something different and remarkable. But the perfume is pleasant, somehow elegant, and at least for now I think more wearable in the evenning. Longevity seems to be so so, around 4 hours. I need to test it again. Until there, I must say I liked it.

UPDATE (11/04/09): Well, the reviewer Eros (up there) is right, this scent is "one step higher than Paco's Black XS", about its "class". I received this Mont Blanc as a gift, and now, since I own it, Paco Black XS and Polo Explorer, the three look very different from each other. Actually I enjoy this scent; I can use it (age 34), specially on the coldest months. And yes, is somewhat "exclusive", and not at all in an "old fashioned" way. I agree.

tuky
tuky

It's a huge difference between Tester and Parfume! tester smells like fake! MUCh much better the fragrance and long lasting too (...on my skin...)

guest_Andrewthecologneguy
guest_Andrewthecologneguy

This is very similar to Paco Rabanne Black XS, and Polo Explorer.
It is sweet, but not too sweet. It doesn't last long like every body says. It is best in the spring.

Homme Exceptionnel by Mont Blanc 4.08 out of 5 based on 286 ratings and 53 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Mont Blanc Homme Exceptionnel fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Mont Blanc Homme Exceptionnel, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Homme Exceptionnel by Mont Blanc. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Homme Exceptionnel by Mont Blanc represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.