Designers » M » Oriental Woody « Groups

Individuel Mont Blanc for men

Individuel Mont Blanc for men
dislike

I have it: 843 I had it: 262 I want it: 477 My signature: 13

Individuel Mont Blanc for men Pictures Individuel Mont Blanc for men Pictures Individuel Mont Blanc for men Pictures

Individuel by Mont Blanc is a Oriental Woody fragrance for men. Individuel was launched in 2003. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Bourdon. Top notes are rosemary, pineapple, coriander, cinnamon, lavender, juniper berries, mint, bergamot and cardamom; middle notes are orange blossom, violet, jasmine and geranium; base notes are sandalwood, amber, patchouli, musk, raspberry, vanilla, dark chocolate, oakmoss and vetiver.

Rosemary Pineapple Coriander Cinnamon Lavender Juniper Berries Mint Bergamot Cardamom

Orange Blossom Violet Jasmine Geranium

Sandalwood Amber Patchouli Musk Raspberry Vanilla Dark Chocolate Oakmoss Vetiver

Original Santal
Joop! Homme

Individuel Fragrance Reviews

RobbieX

Just to add.....Individuel is a sort of a fruity and light Joop Homme....it's very nice indeed.

RyBayBayMPLS
RyBayBayMPLS

I like it, its different.. smells very clean and crisp

Longevity 9/10
Projection 8.5/10
Scent 8.5/10
Versatility 10/10
Price 10/10
Season spring, winter, fall.. maaaybe a summer night if its in the 60's- low 70's

Overall score 46/50 = great

evilspin

Some people are saying it smells nothing like joop or santal. Its not that it's the same its that it has similar notes and when you smell this your brain makes sense of what it recalls. And this very much recalls joop and fits into that category but much less offensive. Not that joop is bad it's just VERY recognizable and it should only be used VERY mildly and should only be used during winter or breezy weather at night. Joop was an 80s revolutionary powerhouse when it came out. This smells like joop with menthol and it's more sophisticated then joop. I have joop but never wear it cause it such an 80s scent and recognizable now but at least with this, it's a refined good second of you like vanilla raspberry juniper and cinnamon which joop also has. That's the similarity that's why all the comparison so people stop complaining about the people that notice the similarities.

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

I'll just cut-and-paste my Creed Original Santal review along with a few minor edits...

My wife and I both love this fragrance; it is one of our favorites...just a wonderfully warm/sexy cinnamon, vanilla and sandalwood scent with a few other perfectly-blended notes tossed in to round-out this classic!

Of course, our flacon will last us years since it's not an every day fragrance. Moreover, we discovered Mont Blanc Individuel shortly after making our purchase of Creed Original Santal. Are both identical? No, but they are really, really, really close and we like Individuel just as much with the only difference being that Santal is extra long lasting and I get heavy sillage, whereas Individuel is merely average on both fronts. We have both Santal and Individuel and will probably repurchase the Mont Blanc fragrances since it's roughly one-third the price. Finally, I don't know where everyone is getting raspberry from in this fragrances; I've never smelled a dryer-sheet that anything like Individual; and no, Individuel smells nothing like Joop.

-Cool Water is no substitute for Green Irish Tweed
-Love & Luck does not compare to Millesime Imperial
-Insurrection Pure II is nice but cannot replace Aventus (if it's even available)
-However, most people won't know you're using Individuel instead of Original Santal

mgibboni
mgibboni

Mont Blanc Individuel

Wow, what a beautiful fragrance! This was a blind buy for me after reading many, many reviews and boy am I glad I pulled the trigger. Surprisingly, there's quite an array of notes in this one, but to be honest, it's blended in such a way that I have a difficult time separating them. Comparison to Joop? Yup, I get that in the first 30 minutes or so, but in a very mild way. I can't stand Joop but adore this stuff. Dryer sheet smell? Actually...yup. Never thought I would want to smell like a dryer sheet, but it's really quite lovely. It's a very fresh, slightly sweet, kinda warm, and kinda cuddly type of fragrance. I actually think it's perfect for the office too. Very nice to smell all day and very safe, while also remaining just interesting enough. Projects just right, and offers fantastic longevity on my skin. I sprayed at 8 this morning and received a compliment around 6 this evening when I was packing up my briefcase! Pretty stellar performance if you ask me. Easily top 10 in my collection and perfect for the spring in my opinion.

In two words: Cuddly fresh!
What my wife says: "mmmmmmm"

My profession: Corporate banking
My climate: four seasons
My age: 30-35

snowwleopard
snowwleopard

A very soft, inoffensive, nondescript fragrance with poor longevity and projection. Dryer sheets is probably an apt description. I don't pick up many of the notes in the jumbled note pyramid - it's one of those fragrances where too many ingredients detract from each other but add nothing to the sum of its parts. The name Individuel is simply marketing - this fragrance will do nothing to distinguish you from anyone else.

glauber7
glauber7

i loved the smell is very good fragrance but dont last too much on my skin

YellowFlash
YellowFlash

Update: Now I've worn it, several times and I love it. Dryer sheet reference or no, this juice is a nice scent to keep around when you want something a little different. I stand by my comparison to Joop! Homme. Just more refined and a lot less loud. This could be worn casually, to work, school, several places really because it just isn't offensive when you aren't going heavy on the sprayer. I hit my chest two times and maybe the back of my neck and this lasts for several hours with moderate sillage.

I haven't worn it yet, only smelled it on the paper I sprayed after I blind bought it. It's like a refined Joop! Homme. I've not ever smelled Original Santal but I've read it smells similar or even better to some. It honestly reminds me of the original formulated Joop!(I believe it was reformulated at some point in the last few years as the last bottle I owned was different in scent).

For a blind buy, I am satisfied. $20 at TJ Maxx for 50ml ain't bad.

Roman86
Roman86

At first sniff it isn't bad but the hard part is actually wearing this stuff. I can smell it strongly at first but then my nose gets tired and I have trouble smelling it, but believe me, others around you will sure smell it. With that said, it's not really my type of scent. It's just too strange and synthetic for me. While I like sweet fragrances, this one misses the mark. Try before you buy.

senpai
senpai

this is unique...

and it's kind of metallic...

i like it...

quality juice but don't get any compliments so far.

Icucino
Icucino

Mont Blanc liquified and bottled Skittles. Temporary hyperactivity due to sugar rush included. LOVE IT !

jyan727
jyan727

Individuel is an amazing fragrance that I am truly glad I bought.

The notes in this fragrance play so well together making it very smooth and round. While the notes look like they make the fragrance overly sweet on paper it just isn't so. Instead, this fragrance is very refined and attractive. I honestly can not see how anyone could dislike this fragrance, it is just all around greatness.

But, Individuel has a small fault for me. On my skin this fragrance just doesn't last that long, 3-4 hours at the most. Which seems to be how a few other Mont Blanc fragrances last on me.

Even still, I do not regret buying Individuel as it simply smells too good to complain for me. I love the bottle and I love the smell, and for me that is just fine.

I give it a gracious: 9/10

elbenja
elbenja

This is one fantastic cologne - grape popsicle bliss!

scentedkub
scentedkub

Maybe I had talked this fragrance up in my head. I watched videos on YouTube where it was just loved by several people on there. While it's not a bad scent. It's just not this glorious scent I had it in my head to be. I completely get the Joop! reference. It doesn't smell like it, but there's a moment in it that is reminiscent of Joop! when Joop! calms down and stops being so disrespectful. I kind of wish it was more woody, and I wish I smelled more of the notes that were listed. At then end of the day for me it's just a nice, fresh, inoffensive scent that has a dryer sheet, fresh laundry thing going on, and I'm not really one for the fresh, inoffensive type of scents. I certainly don't want to pay for cologne to smell like laundry. The longevity is about 4 hrs with little projection on me. I may have to actually spray my clothes to see if it does any better, or at least wait for warmer weather. Right now I feel like I'd need to pour it on my head to get the longevity and projection I want LOL

vonMises

I have to respond to all the reviews that describe the dry-down of this as evolving into a scent of dryer sheets. I won't disagree that perhaps that is how it dries down for them; but for me, the bitter chocolate intensifies as the scent progresses, and I do not get the dryer sheet smell.

This apparently is not the same scent on everyone's skin; skin chemistry varies, and so does the effect on this fragrance, apparently.

lfmars98
lfmars98

I got a spray of this on my skin and I agree with what most of the reviewers say here; it does smell like Original Santal and the drydown does have a dryer sheet effect. I can't comment on sillage or longevity, but it didn't seem too sweet to me. I think it would be a safe blind buy. I'm on the fence whether to buy it or not. We'll see!

Ryan1159
Ryan1159

I would like to speak about the comparison between Mont Blanc Individuel and Original Santal. I am a huge fan of Original Santal. It's just a wonderful fragrance. I like Mont Blanc Individuel as well! However, these are two separate fragrances, and I would not recommend Mont Blanc Individuel as a "replacement" for Original Santal at all. Likewise, Mont Blanc Individuel also serves its purpose.

The opening of Mont Blanc Individuel smells exactly like Original Santal after Original Santal has dried down for about 3 minutes. There's no doubt about it. Sure, the Creed smells more fresh and natural, but unless you are VERY familiar with Original Santal, you would not be able to tell the difference. This smell stays similar to Original Santal for about an hour. Then things start to change.

Mont Blanc Individuel changes drastically from smelling like Original Santal to smelling like laundry fresh out of the dryer. Is that bad? Absolutely not! But Original Santal has an intoxicating smell that has more to it than the "dryer sheet" smell. Individuel, after about an hour, is pure dryer sheets. Original Santal has more spice. I would even say that after three hours of wearing Mont Blanc Individuel, you can't even compare the two fragrances. If I didn't smell Individuel's opening, I wouldn't have even thought the two fragrances were even remotely similar.

I'm not just repeating other people's comparisons of dryer sheets -- no, this really smells like dryer sheets! Like I said, that's not a bad thing. This is an excellent, fresh smelling fragrance. The best part of fragrance is in its first hour.

I would also say that Mont Blanc Individuel is more masculine and Original Santal is more unisex. I would love to smell Original Santal on a woman. Unfortunately, my girlfriend doesn't like to wear it.

Don't go believing all these people who say a certain fragrance smells exactly like another. They don't. They may share some similarities, but the DNA is totally different from fragrance to fragrance.

My advice to anyone considering one of these two fragrances is this: If you are looking for a blind buy, and price is not an issue, go with Original Santal. If you have the opportunity to test Mont Blanc Individuel, go for it. If you find you love the opening a lot more than the drydown, go with Original Santal. The entire drydown of Original Santal is the opening of Mont Blanc Individuel. If you are strapped for cash and just want to smell good, go with Individuel. If you have Original Santal, I do recommend buying Mont Blanc Individuel, because it is a different fragrance, contrary to what others will tell you.

Mont Blanc Individuel is a great fragrance on its own. It does not replace Original Santal by any means, but the two fragrances are different. Original Santal is a masterpiece for Creed. Mont Blanc Individuel is very close to being a designer masterpiece on its own. The longevity is outstanding. It projects well without being offensive. And to top it all off, it just smells fresh!

Longevity: 10+ hours
Projection: About 3 feet
Smell: 7/10
Overall: 8/10

Mont Blanc Individuel is a great value, is highly versatile and can be worn at any time of the year. I highly recommend adding this fragrance to your collection.

colognefan85
colognefan85

Opening: The initial blast is semi sweet baking chocolate, with a juicy raspberry. Quickly fades into cinnamon and hints of pineapple. A VERY gourmand opening with many notes that are well done!

Drydown: Base of a smooth and mellow mint, with vanilla and hints of cinnamon that keeps it a tad spicy. And the end of its cycle it the mint leaves and smells of lavender,cardamnon and cinnamon only.

Projection: Average, ive been noticed a few times but in close quarters.

Longevity: High this last 8 to 10 hours easy.

Overall: To sum this up this smells like a fresh dryer sheet on the drydown with a lil spice to it, far from its opening that's gourmand. If you want a fresh scent this is the PERFECT one.

Purchase?: TRY I personally love this scent for what it is, but I can see why someone would hate it too.

mfeezy
mfeezy

This is a nice scent. I do smell a similarity to Joop but have yet to smell Original Santal so I can't comment on that. Nice for dates and casual use. Great scent for the price...

JezzaN1
JezzaN1

Personally not sure what a lot of people see in this - blind bought it due to it's generally good reviews and cheap price, and was extremely disappointed. A sharp sweetness in the opening, overall the fragrance reminds me of an extremely synthetic smelling cough medicine. Had to actually scrub this one off my wrist because I disliked it that much, almost makes me feel sick.. I definitely recommend at least trying this one out before you go ahead and purchase it.

Brandon_4078
Brandon_4078

I purchased a sample of this and let me say this: this is a very high quality, long lasting, heavy silage, fresh, clean fragrance. It definately has a clean-clothes/laundry-detergent/dryer-sheet typ smell IMO.

I really wanted to like this one but the chocolate and raspberry peak through quite often. I never liked chocolate with fruit (both taste and smell), and then when you add in the clean-clothes/laundry-detergent/dryer-sheet smell, my nose just doesn't like it. It unfortunately nauseates me.

I am jealous of the people who can stand it because it is so versatile, high quality, good performing, and cheap.

daynierds
daynierds

Really well-blended fragrance that stands out from the mortal ones...you can feel the elegance and quality flow with it...the bottle is just great....sth you cannot find very often when buying scents..I would really recommend it, it is incredibly nice...I would give it an 8,5 out of 10 them for sure...maybe even a 9,5 if considering the great price...good luck with it...it is just a very nice smelling fragrance woman will love and will get you compliments from almost everybody

Manny44
Manny44

I'd written A negative review about this fragrance a month or two ago but have decided to delete that post because I disliked having a negative post for a fragrance that didn't deserve it. I still don't see myself wearing this, despite having a full bottle, simply because I've learned that I'm not crazy about super-sweet fragrances. I stand by the dryer sheet comparison (I did specify a brand by the way-Bounce-
a product made by Proctor and Gamble, the same company that makes Dolce and Gabanna, Hugo Boss, Gucci among others, possibly even Mont Blanc). What I regret is dismissing an affordable very well composed scent, just because I have a personal preference against sweeter frags. If you don't mind sweet Raspberry and Pineapple, you should absolutely pick this one up. Peace.

RobbieX

Individuel is in the Joop olfactory family but this fragrance is more complex. It's really nice and the raspberry and pineapple are distinctly present.

As well as Joop Homme, I can detect a bit of Nightflight in there too.

Individuel lasts well and projection is good also. A lovely, light spicy masculine scent from Mont Blanc. I love Individuel.

RIVI1969
RIVI1969

I love this perfume, why bother spending top dollars for a Creed when this jewel gives you the same performance for a fraction of the cost? I don´t find it similar to Joop which is a sugar bomb!

Buysblind
Buysblind

EDIT: When you're wrong, you're wrong. I have to take back what I said about the "dryer sheet smell" in my original review. Yesterday, I did a wash, then took a shower, and when I used a towel to dry off after, I noticed that it smelled very similar to Individuel. I asked my wife if she used any fabric softener in the wash this time and she said yes. I asked if I could see the box....BOUNCE fabric softener sheets, in an orange box, just like the reviewer manny and others have said. Sorry for not believing you guys. Now let me go eat my words...

Original Review Below

First of all, there's no specific "dryer sheet" smell. Dryer sheets come in hundreds of different aromas and I still haven't found the one that smells like Individuel. I really think a lot of people are just repeating what they've heard regarding this comparison. Individuel is a clean, sweet fragrance with a little cinnamon-like spiciness around the top. It is similar to Joop! but not as heavy or sweet, and as long as you don't over-apply it, it's nowhere near as cloying as Joop! either. Other than a little bit of cinnamon, I don't pick up on specific notes with Individuel--it's more of a true accord, in that everything is very well-blended into a distinct, singular scent. Overall it feels clean and fresh, which almost runs contrary to its sweet, spicy flavor, but somehow, Individuel pulls it off. This lends itself to a modern, futuristic impression, which can also be seen in the presentation of its bottle.

This EDT has exceptional longevity and projection and for its low price, is one of the best bargains out there. It performs excellently. Appropriate as a daytime scent or for nights out, Mont Blanc's Individuel is absolutely worth sampling, and if you like the way it smells, then it is a must-buy that you will not regret.

noirdrakkar
noirdrakkar

Feels like a lighter version of Original Santal. But they're not 99% the same. More like 80% the same.

Castor
Castor

As to differences and similarities with Joop!, they end up in the sweetness: in the case of Individuel, the cherry cough-syrup is absent and the spiciness is quite prominent. Both deserve a hand-to-hand comparison, really, for similarities will fool more than one perfumista.

Edit: here is what I get.

Joop! has sweet pipe tobacco - like top notes. I'd dare to say dry tobaco blends were in fashion decades ago, not since the times Joop! was launched, thus you will be able to find several rendtions of it in many blends, like Bogart pour Homme, among many others. In these terms, I venture it is the kind of tobaco in fashion in modern day oriental templates (add some stark fruit notes and there you have it, YSL's La Nuit de L´Homme).

In the case of Individuel, the top notes are crispier, somehow like a blend of citric and spicy notes playing ahead a sweetish background. Both are sweet, but sweetness plays different roles. In the case of Joop! top notes morph into some kind of very shy green and spicy accord, very difficult to get really, due to the before mentioned attribute. In other words, the spiciness is ameliorated due to this, while the opposite happens in the case of Individuel.

There are more apparent points in common: in both there are fruits, a berry-like note lurking in a complex template that feels lighter and less syrupy than Joop!'s, OK, you might as well trace an analogy, the berries in Individuel can as well be cherries in Joop!, but while in this last one it plays a central role, in the case of Individuel this note morphs; I can get traces of musk and other accords generally common in mid notes found in men's scents.

What about Joop!? Nothing more to add, the cherry pipe tobaco-syrupy and really light-green combo keeps on playing minutes after application until when barely noticed by the wearer - which is, as a matter of fact, hours after application; on this occasion, base notes will be identified as sandalwood by the ones around him (or her, it is so sweet it might be perfectly unisex).

Way before this happens in the case of Joop!, Individuel's blend keeps on changing. I can't identify the notes in the pyramid, rest assure my nose gets a melange calling for an attribute Joop! lacks, for Joop! is crass, bold, loud, and too sweet in a "manliesh" way.

No doubt it is really a tacky scent, you can perfectly imagine a tasteless man doing his best in terms of clothing to no avail. Individuel tries not to be so, somehow, in a very hard way: it proposes a sweetness aspiring for formality, which is evident in its not so prevalent presence and generous complexity. Let's say the man wearing it also fails miserably in terms of fashion, but no one can deny his clothes are of much better quality.

I find Joop!'s lack of politeness much more fun. Of course, in the right amount.

waleed2006
waleed2006

The best smell in the world

edge42
edge42

O-M-G this smells good!! I can't get over how amazing Individuel smells, one of my new all-time favorites and my current signature scent.

Individuel is so nondescript and so well-blended - it's hard to describe exactly what it smells like. Pretty much a masterpiece fruity oriental in my eyes. Somehow sweet and fresh at the same time it just oozes Mont Blanc's usual price-defying superb quality. This smells rich and creamy, elegant and luxurious - and pretty much exactly like Creed's Original Santal for 1/4 the price. Yet this lasts all day and projects just about the perfect amount for me as well.

Individuel was love at first smell! Mont Blanc doesn't get near the respect it deserves, so underrated.

Updating my review:

Launched in 2003, this cologne took the advantage in the success of Joop! Homme, from 1989. There's no denying the resemblance between them. However, the Mont blanc managed to minimize the damage caused by Joop! Homme, aggregating values of masculinity and refinement to the fragrance, since its packaging until the final result of its aroma.

In a modern bottle, brought the brand logo on the lid, the liquid into a blue tone and a more balanced and behaved aroma, less wild and sweety. In my opinion, Individuel hit the nail on the head by bringing to the lovers of JOOP! Homme an excellent alternative that is not too sweet and yet manages to be elegant, without shocking.

Its top notes are bergamot, juniper, coriander, lavender, peppermint and rosemary; in the heart we can find jasmine, orange blossom, violet and sandalwood. Finally, at the base, sandalwood, vetiver, oakmoss, vanilla, raspberry, patchouli, amber and dark chocolate.

The result is, as already mentioned, very similar to the aroma of Joop! Homme, but more "metallic" and less sweet, pulled into the honey. It’s a more dynamic version, which can be worn in warmer climates or in certain types of environments, such as small offices and hospitals, for instance.
Elegant and well made, gives good compliments and has very good lasting on the skin.

Raidersteveo
Raidersteveo

Like nothing else in my collection....it's sweet fruity gourmand with a touch of spicy. I am pretty picky when it comes to sweet smells and this one has just the right balance for me. I tried Versace The Dreamer but could not stand the sweetness in it. It made me nauseous every time I caught a whiff of it. Perhaps the difference is a floral sweet in TD versus fruity spicy sweet in this. Whatever it is they did this one RIGHT in my opinion. The sillage and longevity are both average to above average. This is definitely one that I will be purchasing again once my current bottle is gone. Speaking of the bottle it is quite classy with a nice chrome top and quality cap with the trademark Mont Blanc logo on top just like they do on their pens. Good job Mont Blanc. Classy in the truest sense of the word!

AshishK
AshishK

I am absolutely in luv Wid this fragrance.
Guys belive me dis Is absolutely a Compliment getter from Opposite sex.

90hou
90hou

Sweet,delicious,niceo one.

jacobbonilla

Am I the only one who thinks this should've been marketed towards women? It's a sweet thick powdery cinnamon. Def not for me. And if Creeds OS is a clone of this I want nothing to do with that either.

eric.cius
eric.cius

First off let me say I can see where people get a Joop! scent here but it's in the same sense as getting some Big Mac in a fart 4 hours after you had McDonald's. You get a wiff but this is in itself not Joop! at all. Yes it does drydown to what I would describe as dryer sheet smell but like others have said it is a good thing. There is another fragrance that the middle reminds me of but I can't remember...Wings by giorgio beverly hills? Preferred stock by Coty?
Whatever, this is a fantastic scent for the price it can be had for, regardless if it smells exactly like some $200 Creed.
Definite buy!

afterburn68
afterburn68

i had joop when it first came out, individual is noyhing like it. Joop is probably the least masculine cologne i have ever smelled , albeit nice, but more suited for women. Mont blanc on the other hand is ultra masculine, as it should be, no comparison at ALL.

ses101
ses101

A really nice "buzzy" smell, with raspberry at the front and some nice layers below. Unfortunately, my bottle seems to be very weak as after a lovely first few minutes it fades rapidly, leaving only the odd whiff afterwards.

rprovenz
rprovenz

As far as bang for the buck. Nothing compares

mntsrck

People say its a original santal knockoff but this came out two years before creeds original santal so if anything original santal is the knockoff.

mntsrck

I just bought this yesterday at Ross for 22 bucks.......best fucking blind buy.......smells just like original santal but don't take my word for buy it....you won't regret it.....:)

lasdo
lasdo

Probé ayer esta fragrancia y es demasiado dulce para mí, quería que me gustara pero definitivamente desde las notas de apertura como las medias y el final son simplemente demasiado.

Es un aroma elegante pero simplemente no puedo con él por su dulzura. Una pena.

fooluae

i have joop and these MBI so dont lie to guys here

be honest

its uniq smell
someone said smell like joop ? u rely go far its smell nothing to cheap smell of joop

its has respery smell wiht flowery cinemon and sweet on

i give it smell 9/10
long 9/10
sail first 3 hour maby my dress not helped maby more

in fact 9/10 if use heavt cloth

Finally, I got my hands on a bottle of this juice and it hasn't disappointed me at all!
For me this was a more cost effective alternative to Creed Santal and a very good likeness too. It is also very similar to Mont Blanc presence in that it has a creamy, soapy, powdery quality to it. I would liken these fragrances to a sweet, milky curry like a korma or a pasanda...very light but with underlying spice.
The spices come through beautifully and make this a complex and devine fragrance that is very masculine yet soft and subtle.
Well done Mont Blanc, another great one here...I love it.

georgequeue
georgequeue

I got a sample of this scent this afternoon.

It smells really good and clean, despite being a bit strong when first sprayed. I can feel some vanilla on the top notes (Am I wrong?). I kind of agree it smells similar to Joop! Man, but this one is far more pleasant and less "dizzying;" I also agree longevity is not that good, but it would be worth giving a try to a full bottle some time.

Overall score: 8/10

CoffeeCologne
CoffeeCologne

Nothing to write home about. Lasting power is average and projection is average, as well. To be honest, it's a bit boring. Reminds me of Joop's puny cousin.

sranjit
sranjit

i find this perfume rather tricky. the top notes are amazing and by the time you are done with praising the refreshing opening, the put-off begins with strange, monotonous middle notes. Thankfully, after about an hour, it enters into calm and pleasant base notes. Longevity is about 6 hours on my skin.

NasserDream
NasserDream

It's really amazing ;D
It's reminds me of 212 vip man
Who's with me ?

Smyle12

I'm not sure what's wrong with people's noses. While I love this scent, judging by the notes listed to the right, one might think this would smell like a sweet, gourmand; something akin to say, Rochas Man, perhaps. As it is, Individuel is a warm, clean, semi-sweet, yet dry, business/office scent that smells a bit like dryer sheets. It's not sexy, but extremely pleasant and inoffensive. Individuel is a rare find, a nicely blended, high-quality, unique fragrance for a faction of the price of anything else in its eague. I have complaints with longevity or projection. It sits close to the skin, but not on it, and lasts about 6-8 hours. My only issue wish this fragrance is that it is completely devoid of sensuality, although as I touched upon above utilising this fragrance for anything other than attracting members of the opposite (or same) sex, is seemingly raisin d'être. As a "safe scent", one sumply cannot go wrong with Mont Blanc's, Individuel. It ticks all the boxes, and it does it I inexpensively.

Overall: 8.5/10 Highly recommended.

P.S. JOOP! Homme is the most petulant, in-your-face, sickeningly sweet, stomach-churning fragrance for men on this planet. In my opinion, it's the worst fragrance ever made. Needless to say, you can rest assured that this smells NOTHING LIKE IT!!!

scentsy64
scentsy64

Very unique fragrance, Yes it is almost identical to Creed OS, however, Creed os should be compared to this as this was released 2 years prior to creed's OS. berries, cinnamon and a sweet, inoffensive vibe. I get excellent longevity with this fragrance, also very affordable and reasonable price for this super quality.

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

Wooooooow!....this really do smell like Creed original santal.. almost identical ..i will not buy Creed original santal ever again!

horus11c
horus11c

I have not smelled Creed Santal. But Mont Blac is awesome!! I love the smell, it creates a very clean manly aroma and last quite sometime (6 to 7 hours). Even if Santal is that good, it would not justify the $200 plus price difference. Mont Blanc is a smart buy.

elvis944
elvis944

Wow, just goes to show that you can't always judge a fragrance by the price! Glad I took a chance. Almost missed out!

Art2112
Art2112

Very nice cologne...the quality in Individuel comes shing thru !

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

Great fragrance. Very similar to Creed's Original Santal. Extremely refined, sleek, classy, and modern. Truly masculine with a strong character. It shows confidence and strength and subtleness. It lasts a good amount of time, and it projects well above average. Do yourselves a favor and purchase this instead of Original Santal because they smell identical. Save yourselves the extra buck. So, this fragrance is a must try and a masterpiece in my opinion.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Individuel, the best in the house, my opinion.
Consider a somewhat complex scent by the amount of notes at the outset felt a set fruity, aromatic lavender also present, feel mint, invigorating something like that, with sweet fruity touches, and appears reconciled with cinnamon, i think there already appears that metallic tone slightly spicy and sweet.
The body appears a touch white floral, the orange blossom, clearly giving a more green, clean and a lighter shade of soap. Has something of powdery by the flower or the violet, jasmine, perhaps, it is difficult to identify because it is not clear.
The base appears is the phase really sweeter,chocolate appears next to raspberry, a delicious combination, and together, discreet touches of vanilla and sandalwood, giving certain creaminess, is a set creamy metallic slightly sweet aroma. Gorgeous!

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

I have several frag from Mont Blanc, Individuel was the first one I purchased from them. I find the aroma to be very well balanced and consistence over a 8-10 hour day.
When I first spray it on my skin, I smell both mint and coriandrum which gives it a very mild spicy/woodsy aroma. The other noticeable notes I can detect is amber, oakmoss and a hint of lavender with juniper berries.
The sweetness is from the dark chocolate and patchouli which isn't overbearing at all. I have sampled Joop and I have Individuel instead. It is definitely contrary to most of those who believe it smells just like Joop. I agree with Kostas and Xanovia, Joop is very heavy and extremely sweet whereas Individuel comes off not near as sweet and it is far more a sophisticated fragrance.

Overall opinion, This cologne is NOT generic by any means. I do agree with most that even thou it might be considered a fall/winter frag, I see no reason why you couldn't enjoy wearing it during the spring and early summer as well.
What makes this frag stands out from the rest is the "cool" tone (mint) which makes it both a very desirable frag and it leaves others admiring this frag as you walk by them as they wonder what you're wearing.
This fragrance in a word is "MAGNIFICENT".
Longevity is superb, well past 8 hours.
Sillage is excellent as well.
I have yet to find a cologne from Mont Blanc turn out as a complete flop
Bravo Mont Blanc, I hope you never discontinue or alter this fragrance. PERFECT, 100% or 10/10..simple you can't go wrong !!!!!!

Knickx
Knickx

Truly Masculine. I got good compliments for the same.

bcoops
bcoops

great stuff....similarities with the above frags but I think al are bottle worthy. my only beef with this is the longevity... seems to be gone within a couple hours...i have a tester maybe its real old? I also agree this is a year rounder with the exception of maybe above 85/90 degrees

Cardenal Mendoza
Cardenal Mendoza

A female security guard was going through my cabin bag at Melbourne airport, just a routine screening. She was a real stunner. I had a 75 ml bottle of this Mont Blanc EDT which she examined asking Is this what you are wearing? Yes, I confirmed. It smells really gorgeous... she said. Flattery will get you everywhere I said. Is that a promise she asked? We laughed, and I moved on to Departures, smiling to myself. This is a compliment getter for sure, it is comforting and inviting and has that fresh bed linen kind of cleanliness, combined with a massive array of mouth watering notes that blend together to achieve perfect balance and potency. It has a touch of raw sweetness from delicious berries, soft sexy vanillic santal, some fresh mint, a hint of dark chocolate, white musk... The list can go on, just a beautiful breakdown of notes. A high quality fragrance at a fantastic price. On my second bottle now and will not hesitate to replace it when it is done...

cougarR
cougarR

Güzel bir koku, öyle dünyayı baştan yaratmıyor fakat 4 mevsim kullanılabilir.

Calandracas
Calandracas

This scent is just lovely, graceful. For a more refined kind of man. Sweet but not cloying, subtle but always there. I get more than 12 hours of use for a normal spray (2 on the neck), which is amazing for the price.

It's also an incredibly versatile smell, it works good for work, casual, a date... I would wear this all year long, as only in very hot weather (like very very hot) could be a bit much for me.

To close the deal, the bottle is every bit as superb, beautiful and elegant as the scent itself. I'm thinking on who and how might anyone find this scent offensive in the slightest, and I believe it's neraly impossible.

But, at the same time, as innofensive as this is, it lacks of some punch to it. I don't mean A*Man beast projection, but a bit more of arrogance or personality in the scent (I hope I'm making sense here) would make this fragrance perfect for me. But when any scent is as versatile as this one, you should expect that.

Headhead1000
Headhead1000

Laundry sheets but overall not bad
Mount blanc is a sleeper brand I think this and a lot other frags from this brand our very well blended and great $ unique for sure

kazewayz
kazewayz

The initial spray of this I got a nail polish odor. It's fresh, spicy, fruity, it's ok. It reminded me slightly to Creed Original Santal. Prefer the quality Creed over this. Try it.

jacobbonilla

No, sampled from perfumemania.

jacobbonilla

you guys are lucky all I get is an older woman perfume / bathrooms spray on my skin.

Smyle12

I can't even begin to describe how much I ADORE this stuff. It's incredible! Individuel is truly one of the best fragrances in my collection. Even after over eleven hours of wearing this today, it's still going strong with it's classy, clean, balmy, raspberry, sandalwood, deliciousness. It's such a pleasant, unassuming, unpretentious, and friendly scent. I could easily make this my signature, but I'm not sure if it might become a little much in extremely hot summer months. Both sillage and longevity are unbelievable and it's somewhat, although not heavily, nor cloyingly... sweet. I'm head over heels in love with this one! What a fragrance! What a bargain!!!

10/10: Smooooooooth perfection. Mmmmmmmmmm... :)

vonMises

Pierre Bourdon is a fragrance genius. Individuel is modern and fresh, and could easily have disappointed, but this is so well done, and so well balanced that it is really amazing.

The sweet aspects of fruit and chocolate are there, but not the fruit and chocolate themselves; these are filtered and illuminated with the freshness of rosemary, juniper berries, geranium, citrus, and vetiver. It does actually have a sort of metallic effect. Really an outstanding creation.

An oriental that is nevertheless fresh enough to wear in the warmest weather.

rhodesian
rhodesian

A slightly less sweet version than "Cristobal" from BALENCIAGA...

evilspin

If you like Joop...purchase this instead and stopwearing the outdated, recognizable and cloying Joop. This one is more refined, luxurious and masculine

fungest
fungest

very very very nice and make me feel happy big thanx to mont blank more than 10 hours on my shirt :))

tucktimosprime
tucktimosprime

joop,no,,creed os,yes..i tested creed os the other day and fell in love with the smell but not
the price. so i came home and jumped on thie computer to see f there was somthing that smelt like co.s on here,,and you guys hit the mark with this one..gonna buy another bottle incase they reformulate this wonderfull juice..

shikato7777
shikato7777

I was looking for a nighttime one, and I had Givenchy Play Intense on hand back then. Unfortunately it was out of stock. So, I had to move to my alternative one. Now this sits on my desk. The Vanilla comes so smooth, and the sweet scents following it behind.

I'd say, 8/10 for this one.

Jose Marcos
Jose Marcos

I must say that I am very surprised by MB Individuel. It is true that for a flash of a second it reminds Joop pour Homme as soon as the liquid comes out but it is only then, thank God. I don't know COS however this is a very plesant scent. It starts a little like MB Legend, pineapple+juniper, rather metalic, and then changes into a very comfortable and well mannered male scent. I get some chocolate, lavander and cardamon, not too sweet, though. To me the woody note is very faint but strong enough to make it a male cologne. Usually, longevity is not an issue for me. If I get about 4 hours it is OK, because by them I will be home after work in the morning. Will go out again in the evenig for another shift and there is shower and etc...Also, it is unbelievable cheap in Brazil, under U$100, as Chanel Bleu costs about U$200/250

peake1
peake1

When a designer fragrance is compared to a niche typically it's a compliment. If a similar designer scent is routinely considered equal to or better than the niche that is high praise! And this is what you will find in this mainstream Mont Blanc Indivduel as it is often compared to Creed's own Original Santal. I know it sounds over simplified but this edt's opening reminds me of my favorite chocolate and raspberry candy with the dry down reminding me of perhaps the worlds greatest smelling fabric softener, no need to get complicated here. It is very linear and that is just fine by me as this budget scent gives a very desirable sweet yet fresh ride from start to finish. Oh and the bottle design looks right at home between my two favorite Chanel's.

mehrdad

E.mail: perfume.gallery121@gmail.com
Kik: mehrdad_gallery

andgac16
andgac16

The opening is slightly metallic/herbal and spicy which soon changes into sweet, fresh and mellow berry like smell.

The performance is fair for the low price this is available at. I get moderate longevity, about 6 hours, and moderate projection although after initial application I thought it would be a stronger projector but it calmed down quickly.

I use this mainly during the day and it can be used almost all year round apart from hot summer days.

Schmee1989
Schmee1989

This is nice. Real nice actually. I definitely see where some people are making comparisons to Joop!, although this fragrance isn't quite as sweet. Maybe this is just me, but I also get some similarities with Individuel and Calvin Klein Shock, with Individuel giving off a little deeper and more mature scent. This is definitely a unique fragrance.

williamvargas

such a great value,, i picked some of this up because it smelled so much like original santal which i really love and have loved for a long time, and this one is so close, the price is so attractive i think a lot of people would mistake this for creed original santal..this one has awesome projection and a quality that is so close it is scary..what a tremendous bargain..!! highly recommend this if you love original santal and price is a issue, which it is for me.. ..cannot go wrong with this one! there is one lady i work with that really loves original santal, every time i wear it she comments, i wore this instead and she assumed it was the same, she said oh you are wearing that creed one again...i didn't say a word..lol.....
i know that santal is slightly different and superior and i get it, but a lot of people would be fooled.. why fight it, and this was before OS
obviously creed knew that mont blanc had a winner here.

profumo1973
profumo1973

Fabulous, marvellous, magnificent great parfume. A must have for me.
DELICIOUS.

faiz_hoshey
faiz_hoshey

worth it

curran88
curran88

Very nice and sweet! I would say good for winter up until spring time, I apply 4 sprays in the morning and come home from work and it still packs a punch!

Great for the price i picked up a bottle for £21!

jtappenden

Top notes resemble Joop! Heart notes are smoky fougere & herbs.Base notes are woody.Like a jigsaw puzzle!Happy Xmas to all....x

rafiqi
rafiqi

this is my second bottle after 10 years. bring back my sweet memories with my loved ones. the smell still the same, sexy and smooth. now become my signature scent

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

I definitely understand why people feel this is almost identical to Original Santal. It's the cinnamon note (and possibly the juniper also) that Pierre Bourdon decided to use, possibly twice if he's the nose behind OS. I'd hazard to say it's the exact same aroma chemical that introduces the cinnamon in both fragrances, used in a lower concentration in Individuel. But to me, that's where the similarities end. These are definitely two different scents. Where OS interplays its warm spicy notes with a fresh lavender note, Individuel attempts more movement, running its warmth past a hollower lavender (much less satisfying, although OS's lavender isn't my favorite either), and some sort of fruity-chocolately accord that I can't in all honesty ascribe any particular ingredient list to. Fragranticans say raspberry, so I say OK. I do detect a specific pineapple edge in the heart, with that buttery butyric element off-setting the spicy smoothness and upsetting the balance of things for about ten minutes after application, but this subsides with time. Otherwise it's a pretty successful formula.

Is this worth the hype? Yes, but with caveats. Individuel boasts the same longevity as OS, a little more complexity, that satisfying cinnamon spiciness, an admirable sandalwood drydown, and a good 10 hours of longevity, with commendable sillage. But if you want to replace OS, I'm not in the least bit convinced this will do the job, as OS is smoother, and a bit more "unisex" leaning toward feminine. Mont Blanc is mostly clean manly fun that blatantly lacks the playfully ambiguous vanilla drydown of OS, and never quite exhibits the same contrast between hot spice and cool herbs. But nevertheless, two thumbs up.

jtappenden

Just purchased today.A fabulous warm,sexy & sensual fragrance.

Joeyvice
Joeyvice

Uniquely sweet, kind of smells like what Calvin Klein's encounter was trying to do. Joop! was actually the very first cologne I ever owned, so the initial spray kind of brings on some nostalgia. Mont Blanc, you seldom disappoint.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A dual-dimensional frag which is initially strong and sour, but it soon goes close to the skin and goes all soft and cuddly...

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0 -30 mins. Potent, fills the room initially. This is a harsh, sour, dated frag (smells like something from the 90's) which is mid mature, ages 48 - 58. Not to my personal taste. This upset my allergies a little. Why start like this? Many will be put off IMHO. 1.25 foot projection

30 mins - 2 hours. The beginning of sandlwood coming to the rescue of the start, which was a Mont.Disaster of an opening IMHO. 7 inch projection

2 hours - 3 hours. 2 inch projection. The sandlwood and cinammon smoothness takes complete control and it is now a softy skin scent. Smooth and creamy and still a little mature. This does not smell like Guerlain Samsara Female EDP, but it is similar in that it is a smooth, creamy mature drydown. It does however smell very similar to Creed Santal, almost doppleganger

3 hours - 4 hours . 1 inch projection

4 hours - 8 hours. Close to skin.

I find a faint connection with Joop Homme at the start, very faint, which then goes quickly

This lasts much longer on clothes, and dare I say, spray it 2 hours before bed time, and cuddle up with someone that you treasure.....

FlirtBoy
FlirtBoy

What I got here is 1/3 Joop Homme (sweet), 1/3 Joop Nightflight (fresh) + dose of strawberries and chocolate - and the result is...excellent

magicnose
magicnose

The nose behind this one is the legendary Pierre Bourdon so you know you’re in safe hands here! The man has been through the powerhouse era (Kouros) and the marine fougere period (Cool Water) and by 2003 I feel he was pretty much at the top of his game.

Mont Blanc Individuel is pure class and in my opinion is on another level to his powerhouse frags but (and here’s the great news) shares the same longevity and sillage! The dry down is spectacular and multifaceted. We start with warm spices, journey through fruits and some light florals before arriving at the final glorious destination: a warm, seductive, comforting combination of chocolate and sandalwood. So good! So SMOOTH! It’s got a very urbane feel, good for winter, which conjures up images of a well dressed man sipping hot chocolate in a coffee shop with the lingering aroma of sweet tobacco in the air.

Great sillage and super duper longevity. I applied a few sprays before I got on a plane to Manila in the early morning and by late evening I was in a club in P Burgos Street with sweet wafts of chocolate and sandalwood still coming on strong. This is one classy fragrance and, like all Bourdon creations, it isn’t shy so you’ll share the love with all around you – for hours!

nrkearl
nrkearl

As a younger kid (15) to me it was a little mature but the more i wear it the more it grows on me. I also do not like the the first notes of it that much, its kinda in my face. However once it dies down and dries i LOVE it and ive gotten many complements.

hithereimdan
hithereimdan

It's a sweet and clean smell, slightly woodsy. It's pleasant and inoffensive but it's also just a kind of a mess... like putting on four or five different sweet colognes all at once, you can't tell what's what anymore. I like it, but I don't love it.

vondarke
vondarke

Everything I ever wanted out of a Candyopolis spill.

Kostas_Minimal
Kostas_Minimal

Well i cant understand why people say this is like joop.No similarities at all.Joop homme is my no1 sweet frag.That one doesnt even have half the sweetness joop has.Its still sweet and warm but not even close to joop.
It has a nice scent and the only bad is that the top notes are harsh all i smelt for 5 mins was pure alcohol.
Longetivity is 6 hours max.I tried this cause all reviews said is like joop and i guess my expectations were too high for this one...But its not a bad frag at all.
Overall score 7/10

ScottyVizz
ScottyVizz

What a sexy beast. It'll sound expensive when you tell people what you're wearing. Keep in mind though that it is dirt cheap!

darlingdraven
darlingdraven

At first there is a strong blast of alcohol and I thought I was definitely not going to like this. The dry down however is awesome; a calming but alluring vanilla, chocolate, cinnamon, lavender, woodsy and powdery scent. The sillage is decent and the longevity is desirable. I am actually going to keep this one for myself. :)

MrMookie
MrMookie

A pleasant warm sensual and smooth fragrance and can be worn all year around.
Got many compliments on it.
Its purple color is a perfect visualisation as its a velvety sweet masculine romantic fragrance.
The longevity is great if you spray in on your chest and upperarms and it will blend in your shirt through the day.
Projection is not as big as Joops Pour Homme and thats my only con about it, i love to project this liquid more so i shoot more out of the bottle and this will result on a empty botlle soon.
On the other hand its not very expensive online! :-)

Its just a more refined and toned down version of Joop pour homme in a mix of Creeds santal

OZ
OZ

Blind bought this because I wanted something sweet and warm for my collection. Didn't like it at first but gave it a full wearing anyway. After a few wearing I've started to love it more and more. It is so beautiful on my skin: Sweet, warm, spicy and a bit floral. If you are a lover of cinnamon you sure are in for a treat. This is a perfect version of Joop Homme.

The best bit is it last for ages even though it doesn't project that much on me. Very unisex as well. Check it out!

Raychee123
Raychee123

This is absolutely beautiful stuff! Smooth as silk, pleasantly sweet, and lasts over 10 hours on my skin. I am so happy with this juice, really classy stuff, and the price..... Don't get me started! Dirt cheap for something this pleasant and friendly to innocent bystanders. Perfect!

Stoycho
Stoycho

Absolutely in love!!!
I love this one. Perfect for love ;)

Xanovia
Xanovia

Does this smell like Joop??? No...
Does this Smell like Original Santal??? Yes...
Does Individuel and Orignal Santal smell like a dryer sheet??? Yes...

Are these all good things??? Yes... ^_^

pure_dreamer

I take it back I wish i never brought this stuff...

Nothing special about this im sorry guys but its not a must have and don't make the mistake of blind buying it because you think it will smell like creed. I have no space for this in my wardrobe

Im selling it if anyone is interested PM me....

Jackfusion
Jackfusion

Great fragrance, very sophisticated in a bottle. You risk losing even the Presence of the house station best Mont Blanc here:

I feel a lot of lavender, cinnamon and a touch of pineapple. After about 10 minutes I started to feel the mint. This step is very durable. When he spoke resembled Joop very surprised because I did not feel like opening some, but over a few hours the perfume is changing and get it there really a Dna Joop (orange blossom and vanilla), but not as sweet nor monstrous. The fruity note, I imagine to be the raspberry, which begins to appear in his evolution, is something different. Excellent perfa, versatile, great for warm days, is perfectly fine and even Pro Sport with my shorts. Although sweet, it is not invasive. Fits well for young and more mature people as well. Finally, only in warmer climates that do not think it should be fine.

I used 5 sprays:

Projection: 2 hours. Later it will be flush against the skin, but for several moments he breathed inside the shirt without having to bring the nose (note 7)
Longevity: 10 hours (note 8)
Versatility: note 9
scent: note 9

karthiktas
karthiktas

This is very good. projection and Longevity good. I love it

williamvargas

I Have original santal.. and this smells so close it is an amazing likeness, i think most people would not know the difference, i need to spend more time with it ..but just right out of the gate, i smiled and thought..son of a bitch, this is original santal..i have done a side by side comparison..and for the money, how can you go wrong to me much more similar to original santal than to joop homme, but that is just my take on it..it is a great fragrance at a great price..well done..

Okay then guys,

I just Blind brought this and i have to say I am a tad disappointed...

When you first smell it the top notes are not very pleasant it smells like a alcohol, not because the quality of the fragrance but maybe due to the mixture of the topnotes that don't come together very well namely: Mint, Beaumont and Lavender. They just don't work well together unfortunately.

After 10 minutes the freshness fades and you get a slight resemblance of joop homme. This is much better but it seems they slightly share the same DNA in a good way.

When it dries down it is very pleasant indeed slightly creamy and sweet. I personally cant smell all the notes listed here but they do work well together.

Sillage: 6/10

leecher88
leecher88

i love it really its a perfect balanced scent and its not only elegant or only sweet or only fruity no nooo ..

its all three things togehter!!!!!

astonishing scent and for not much money and its very very similar to creed original santal !!!!

edit rating

projection sillage and smell 10/10 !! just a perfect scent

I find this to be more balanced and complex than Joop! Homme (and not as strong). The opening isn't pleasant but lasts a short time. After that it's fairly linear and pleasant. It's not easy to detect all the notes but it's not a "blob" or harsh. There is a wood-like quality that provides structure," presumably one of the common, synthetic sandalwood molecules (or some combination of them). There are hints of floral and herbal elements, but nothing distinct, other than a kind of powdery quality. I don't detect any major spice element. There are no metallic, sour, plastic, or otherwise "off" or "synthetic" qualities to this (though of course there are synthetic molecules used here), and I consider it unisex. To me, it doesn't smell "natural," as in something that could possibly exist in nature (in any combination of things) but I don't wear these kinds of fragrances for a sense of naturalness. Despite the color of the liquid, I don't detect any calone or other aquatic ingredients, thankfully. I'd call this a post-modern oriental fragrance, perhaps. Longevity and projection ("sillage") are very good.

UPDATE: I recently sampled Feeling Man and this is very close to that one, though without the mild tobacco note. This one, however, is stronger.

andy
andy

I had the honor to smell this refined gormorand and it definately has a nice complex drydown and its much richer and less focused on giving a candied feel and rather a more complex sweetness where chocolate, vanilla, raspberry and sandalwood woodsy notes are blended rather than a str8 chocolate like A'men or str8 vanilla like lots of other scents. I actaully got a slight joop feel to this which is why I would not buy it since i already own joop, but it is nontheless a great smell

gavingrieves
gavingrieves

absolutely awesome spray, i am a big fan of creed orginal santal and i read review of this on this site, when it arrived i was blown away it smells exactly like creed original santal, if you sprayed each one on your wrists you cant tell difference. its 3rd of the price of creed , people compare creed santal to joop but its not, buy this mount blance individuel its awesome

alex.ginhoux
alex.ginhoux

should we beware of vanilla presence in a men perfume,
i think so.
Candy, Candy, too sweet, sweety.

celestialstar19
celestialstar19

Individuel is simply amazing! It does not remind me of joop. Its a clean manly smell that is very sexy! It starts off as very fresh and aromatic with the notes of the raspberry infused with the chocolate and flowers ending off in harmony with woodsy notes. I find it extraordinary, elegant, and masculine.

marques_rp
marques_rp

Individuel reminds me of Joop pour homme, but the first is more formal and elegant. Drydown is sweet, creamy floral and smooth... good scent, however, it's a bit metalic scent (that I hate).

Sillage: 7/10

Barolo
Barolo

A nice scent. Definitely more girly than manly...no debate about that.

This one reminds me of a childhood friend's house back in the late 70's and early 80's. Their place always smelled so nice and clean, as does Individuel.

My wife would do better with this one than I would.

The lasting power of this one is fantastic. Put a little bit on the back of my hand before bed and it's 8 hours later and I still smell it pretty strongly. The scent is linear...no change at all from initial spray to 8 hours later.

Like but would never use.

neptune1121
neptune1121

I can not enjoy it... It's very very sweet, and I'm living in a hot place, easy to get sweat. So, might be not a proper scent for me... Sorry Mont-Blanc...

Kannantas
Kannantas

Smooth & Sweet. Very different from others. Stays for 5 to 6 hrs. Good for party and also formal. Very Different. I LOVE IT.

Rob in VanCity
Rob in VanCity

Too sweet and powdery smelling. Good for teenagers or younger adults. Not crazy about the smell.

pmfortin
pmfortin

I loved this one but I can't find anymore in Canada. Too bad.

leon181
leon181

Mont Blanc Individuel launched in 2003. Ill put my hands up and say i only noticed this fragrance during the summer months when it was marked off on the discontiued counter. It does smell of joop! though not so overpowering. Its a fresh, sweet, light fragrance, perfect for the hot summer days when you dont want to wear anything too heavy. The design is simple enough. A clear bottle with a silver top. It has floral hints of geranium orange blossom, violet and jasmin. Whilst the exotic touch of black chocolate, amber wood and tonka beans masculanize the oriental scent. A chance buy. But i gotta say i absolutely love it!

vascobgs
vascobgs

Better than Le Male and more of a gentleman

yilmazg
yilmazg

Sweet, sensual opening. Pineapple is evident. Drydown is sweet, creamy floral, woody. A highly sophisticated and romantic scent without the artificial sweetness frequently found in this kind of fragrances. Does not get cloying. Also it is quite masculine for a sweet fragrance. The sillage of this beauty is not shy. Male gourmand and floral lovers should like this.

sillage: 7/10

Highly recommended.

PseudoCz
PseudoCz

It's sweet but not too much. Richly spiced, raspberry "drowned" in chocolat, some woods and flowers that I don't recognize. On me, something smells like vanillic tobbaco and mocha. I enjoyed.

cinnakitty
cinnakitty

I'll disagree on the Joop Homme thing, I find them quite different and much prefer this, although Joop Homme is okay 99% of men over apply it, and it is very cloying.

My brother wears Individuel. The sharper notes of this way outplay the gourmand base, which I frankly have not even smelt, and was surprised to read the notes.

blahblahblah
blahblahblah

i tried it, love it and now i'm obsessed with it! it's not very candy sweet like the majority say, it's just a very classy, sexy and unique way to smell like candy but still be a man, a confident and sexy man!

the problem is: i'm 18 yrs old, is it suited for me?
please help, thanks a lot!

daliflora
daliflora

The first notes are spicy and somehow fresh, but then, in the drydown, comes a very sweet nauseatic smell which I cannot bear. I totally agree with Skorpion: this fragrance is vomiting... I am a woman but I normally like some man-fragrances, when they are sharper or more woody-peppery. But this is tosh IMHO.

scentualMan
scentualMan

Man, I really like this! So what if its just a tamed and modernized version of Joop! Homme? I've always wanted to like JH and now I can appreciate its good attributes through MB Individuel!

Because it's so similar to JH, this doesn't score very high on the originality scale, especially since even Creed's Original Santal smells like a better version of JH. I would compare all three by saying: OS is fruitier and lighter than the other two; MBI is the most modern and balanced; JH is the strongest and sweetest.

Skorpion
Skorpion

This fragrance is vomiting and abdominal pain can be caused. A few times I've tested on my wrist, I said to myself what cologne that Mont Blanc has to offer?
Has many similarities to Dunhill for Men and my advice to those who have sensitive sinuses is that these fragrances do not smell it.

mse-21
mse-21

This scent has three main pillars which are "floral citrus" pillar containing notes such as orange blossom and jasmine; "sharp cool" pillar containing notes such as mint and juniper berries; and a base note built around "amber-sandalwood-chocolate". Of course there are several other notes in the structure(violet and vetiver) but they aren't main players and just support the whole composition.

It opens in a very loud but pleasant and somewhat classy way. Honestly this is the best part of it. After a while it dries down to somewhat similar to Joop Homme.

I think the similarity with Joop Homme should be mainly due to the contrast of "citrus floral" pillar and "amber-sandalwood-chocolate" base. Which is very similar to the concept of Joop! Homme. The basic difference between this one and Joop! Homme comes from that "sharp cool" pillar which makes Individuel younger and more aggressive than Joop! Homme.
As you can guess it is a super sweet and loud scent. This was among my favorites for a long time, which is the reason of writing such a long review for it!

Stays long and loud. It gets 7 out of 10 IMHO.

behzad1280
behzad1280

It doesn’t look sweet to me.
It’s bitter. I can smell bitter almond which is not mentioned in above notes!

Sillage and longevity is average.
Suitable for office and formal places.

برخلاف اونچه که میگن، این عطر به ذائقهء من اصلاً شیرین نیست و برعکس خیلی هم تلخه
بوی بادوم تلخ داره (هرچند توی نت های اون ذکر نشده) دوام و پخش متوسطی هم داره و برای استفاده در محلکار و دفترکار، بسیار مناسبه

canefan896
canefan896

this is my cheapest cologne but its also my favorite i dont know what it is about this fragrance but its light but pronounced i LOVE it

jonovon
jonovon

I tested it some days ago. It's a copy of Joop!, and despite its frozen blue bottle, has that same pink smell.
I love Joop, so I must love Individuel too. It's the same sillage and fixation monster.
Thing is, I already have Joop, so why would I buy it under a different name and a bigger price tag?

jorjick
jorjick

my friends tell me,when i use this fragrance, you are very delicious!!! like chocolate, and im telling you try it youll never forget!!!

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

a nice toned down version of what joop was 20 yrs.ago

periquito89
periquito89

My original review about this scent, in 02/24/09: "When I first spraied it, 'WOW'. An elegant and different sweet. But after a while on my skin the sweet smells a little like some kind of 'talc'. Not 'WOW' anymore ...".

But today, 04/11/09, I can honestly say I would be glad if I get one of this.

I would prefer to use during the day, at work, in my formal or semi-formal wearing and in the cold air. From the "Joop!" family I only know "Joop Nightflight", but I've heard that it follows the "Joop Homme" way, just like Cassiano said. But this is not so strong, or cloying.

I like the color of the juice, and the elegant bottle.

As usual, you need to try before buy ":-D.

Cassiano

It's good, but very seemed to Joop pour homme, which I prefer!
Good scent for those who don't like very sweet and oriental ones!

Individuel by Mont Blanc 4.23 out of 5 based on 744 ratings and 136 user reviews

18.30 GBP
MONT BLANC INDIVIDUELLE for WOMEN by Mont Blanc EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ
MONT BLANC INDIVIDUELLE for WOMEN by Mont Blanc EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ
Individuelle Cologne by Mont Blanc, 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Men
Individuelle Cologne by Mont Blanc, 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Men
Individuelle Perfume by Mont Blanc, 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Women
Individuelle Cologne by Mont Blanc, 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Mont Blanc Individuel Eau De Toilette Spray 75ml 2.5oz
Mont Blanc Individuel Eau De Toilette Spray 75ml 2.5oz
Mont Blanc Individuelle Eau De Toilette Spray 75ml 2.5oz
Mont Blanc Individuelle Eau De Toilette Spray 75ml 2.5oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Mont Blanc Individuel fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Mont Blanc Individuel, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Individuel by Mont Blanc. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Individuel by Mont Blanc represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.