Designers » M » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

Legend Mont Blanc for men
dislike

I have it: 814 I had it: 191 I want it: 450 My signature: 38

Legend Mont Blanc for men Pictures Legend Mont Blanc for men Pictures

The brand Mont Blanc presents a new men's fragrance in April 2011. Legend is dedicated to inspiring, virtuous and self-confident men who are courageous, passionate and authentic. Their fragrance is subtle but striking and masculine.

Olivier Pescheux, the perfumer behind this fresh fougere creation, tried to make the fragrance filled with contrasts, combining notes that evoke strength and tenderness, tradition and modernity. The composition opens with fresh aromatic tones of bergamot, lavender, pineapple leaf and exotic verbena (Litsea Cubeba). The heart emphasizes oakmoss note (evernyl molecule) merged with geranium, coumarin, apple, rose, and Pomarosa molecule (notes of dried fruit). The base contains sandalwood, tonka and evernyl.

Heavy and slightly curved bottle of black and metallic colors is inspired by the famous Meisterstück pen design, made of glass and metal. The design is minimalistic and luxurious, perfect for the concept behind this fragrance. The black and white campaign features Simon Clark photographed by Peter Lindbergh.

Legend is available as 30, 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

Lavender Bergamot Lemon Verbena Pineapple

Legend Special Edition 2014

Legend Fragrance Reviews

dexo91
dexo91

Beautiful scent, one of my favorites.
This stuff is very elegant, fesh and fruity.
For me it's for occasions. Womans loves MBL :)
Longevity about 8-10h, sillage is amazing.

alsyaid
alsyaid

wangi siih . tapi wanginya membosankan . buy , try ,pass ? let's try .

Gator83
Gator83

This scent is near the top of the awesome juice chain!(Aka the lady killers!) I get compliments almost every time I wear it. It is fresh, clean, cooling and has just the right amount of fruit. It gives off a sophisticated mature vibe but still a little playful. Does it smell similar to fierce? Yes, but I would pick this hands down because the notes are more enjoyable to the trained nose. Think platinum egoiste's younger, playful brother, wanting to show the ladies a thing or two, that his older brother is missing. You can't go wrong with this juice and I give my blind buy approval. It last 10+ hours and projects more than arms length for around 5-6 hours, but does not die down to skin until around the 8-9 hour mark.

davidbouchard.perso
davidbouchard.perso

I think Mont Blanc legend has only a very nice name! To me a Legend is something you remeber for a long time.... Instead we got here a scent that we hall smelled way too many times! its fresh and sweet. By any means it doesn't make it bad, it just means its a crowd pleaser. It is a very safe smelling cologne.

bonacosta30
bonacosta30

Sweet lavender. A nice suprise, a fragrance u will learn to like by wearing it. The more i wear it, the more i love it. It smell pineapple, more in the head note i would say, apple and a lot of lavender which make it clean. Like the description, i feel it full on contraste. It has a cold side, which could make it good for a refreshing summer scent. It is also good in winter, strong enought for colder time. Perfect for office and daily purpose, the lavender make it smell clean, like clothes just out of the Laundry. Projection and longevity are good, without been overpowering. Very versatil, love by girls, so it could be used for a date at night, office, casual...the price tag is not that high on the web, so could be something interessing if u are looking for an all yr around all purpose fragrance and u dont want bleu de chanel for any reason. Something perfect for the range of 30-40, can be used by younger people too, but it match perfectly my range of age. So, here is the final score:

Scent: 9/10, clean sweet lavender scent that is just out of the laundry.
Longevity: 4/5, very good, i got between 7 and 8 hours with it.
Projection: 4/5, very good in the first hour.
Versatility: 4,5/5, well, an all yr around, all occasion all purpose fragrance to me. Didn t try it on hot weather yet, but the refreshing smell of lavender could make it good. Might change if it is cloying in summer time...
Overall: 21,5/25, something to buy. Will probably be part of my rotation for a long time. Great job Mont-Blanc!

EauDeBaldy
EauDeBaldy

So I've been wearing this scent for approx. a week now, (Fall Time) I've had 4 people say "Is that Abercrombie?" ( Personally I've never smelt fierce but this confirms what others have been saying on it's similarity )

I've had all + even some random people literally stop me and ask me what I am wearing, all complimenting this.

Personally, This is my first go around with this fragrance and I do love it myself, the compliments are a bonus for me to end up picking this as a favorite.

It's perfect for the cooler times ( like the fall ) and its a soft but a strong soft ( if that makes sense ) and a clean, lavender type of smell I get from this.

Definitely a buy if you haven't already... or Abercrombie Fierce ( since everyone seems to confuse the two lol )

haderpderp
haderpderp

Long touted as a Fierce clone, I certainly get the comparisons.

However, this is an inferior scent to Fierce in my opinion.

Where Fierce is fresh and "round", this is more thinner and "dryer".

I don't get any sweetness or fruits at all. It's woods and musk to me.

I also get an unpleasant bugpsray note throughout on the base. Fierce's drydown is far fresher and less 'dry'.

I do still get a lot of compliments on this though, and people often think it's Fierce.

I wear this a lot because I adore Fierce (but it's too expensive), but because of the bugspray note, I can't say that I love it.

3.5/10

ShaverX

I've been layering Legend with Fierce lately as I love the top of Fierce but it dries down to woods to quickly, and Mont Blanc smells like the top of fierce then sweetens to a toned down linear top of Fierce, with no woods. So theoretically they both have what the other lacks. Well after experimentation I must say they blend damn nice and compliment each other greatly. fruity sweetness with woods for hour and hours when you layer these two. Try it fellas. it really works out nicely.

And when you get a compliment or asked what your wearing, and you will if your in a place that has some girls in their 20's or 30's. Just tell them your wearing Legend or tell them your wearing Fierce, what ever you prefer. But don't say your mixing the two you may end up looking like a shmoe. Just do it and be confident.

Telfo05
Telfo05

possible the greatest smell of all time. like abercrombie's fierce, almost identical in fact. i don't know who ripped off who but both are beautiful

ShaverX

I have both Legend and Fierce. They are both well complimented fragrances. Believe it or not though, I find Fierce to be the more mature scent. Fierce has a very woody drydown. Whereas, Legend is very syrupy sweet throughout. IMO, the bottles should be reversed. Legend should be the teeny booper/frat boy fragrance in the ab bottle and Fierce should be the more grown up woodsier fragrance in the black sophisticated looking bottle.

Boxcuttahz
Boxcuttahz

Ok so I received this on the mail today after work and was very very excited. I purchased this along with Ralph Lauren Polo Black 125ml and Mont Blanc Legend 100ml both about 70% left in them for $33aud shipped! BARGAIN RIGHT? I KNOW!

Anyway on the review, I have been on a search for a clone on the Abercrombie Fierce for awhile now, and now I can say I finally found it! This on the opening is a bit more citrusy but from mid all the way to the bottom it is exactly the same. I mean I couldn't tell them apart! I LOVE IT!

Projection - 7/10
Sillage - 6/10
Longevity - 7/10 about 6-8 hours tops
Seasons - Spring and Summer, maybe fall?

Buy Try or Pass? If you love fierce like I do its a definite buy, if not then its a definite try for me!

PeterTriantafullou
PeterTriantafullou

Although my nose is very inexperienced I find this fragrance extremely generic.

jdfarley
jdfarley

Tested Legend awhile ago at Sephora (inside JC Penney) on one wrist, while wearing Cool Water on the other. At first, the two smelled very similar. But while Cool Water eventually morphed into a fresh aromatic aquatic smell, Legend stayed sweet, strong, and slightly woodsy. Has a very distinctive and sophisticated, yet casual smell to it. The dry down, unfortunately, is not original, as it resembles Abercrombie and Fitch's Fierce (which I refuse to wear out of principle). Nevertheless, I mostly enjoy this fragrance and eagerly look forward to purchasing my own bottle.

Rhoidz
Rhoidz

I sampled this Montblanc Legend(Mt.L) from my friend.
So the review i write here based on the 2 times (first working day and second working day) of using this Mt.L. (I always spray three times when sampling a perfume)

First sniff from the bottle, it smells like pineapple. spraying on to the skin you smell like pineapple. I would consider this as a sweet synthetic kind of smell.
1 - 2 hours later you smell the pineapple scent quite strong until 5 hours after spraying leaving only a trail of pineapple scent on you. Bottom line, it's a PINEAPPLE in a bottle, no kidding.

Many associate this with A&F fierce, which I have never tried before. but if this is what fierce smells like, I wouldn't be too keen on trying.

Overall, a fine summery scent of pineapple with soft to moderate projection. but for me it's too pineapplish and synthetic.

Longevity : 8/10 (up to 8 hours)
Sillage : 7/10 (first 4 hours is good)
Scent : 7.5/10

**Update 29/Aug
The next day, actually after an hour or so, the pineapple smells kind of fading away slowly but not gone, letting the bergamot and something bitter fruity (probably the dried fruits) kick in.

Casavulva
Casavulva

Left wing fresh fougere in the tradition from Cool Water. Notes are not the same, but structure and overall feel of "apple" has a familiar resemblance. Cool Water is however stronger, and at the same time both more aquatic and deep. Slightly better also, to my nose, because of more "meat" in the fragrance.

The mixture of fruits in Legend have the same smooth Mont Blanc texture as in Individuel. Regarding pineapple I notice that there should be pineapple LEAF here, not pineapple JUICE. And this is key, because Mont Blanc claims the fragrance is "subtle", not something that shouts PINEAPPLE (or anything else) in your face.

The apple-bergamot is more obvious (and bent towards apple), as is the typical fresh fougere base, but the deep and possibly radiant and "heavy" basenotes are kept to a minimum. Nothing here screams, all is well blended without being a niche stunner.

A little "thin" and modest overall, with limited sillage. But longevity is ok.

I think of Legend as a borderline sports fragrance, and had they named it "sport" it would have been very good compared to most in this genre.

Take it for what it is then, an unpretensious slightly reserved fragrance, decent quality and better than a hundred others that sell more.

Ovaltine Jenkins
Ovaltine Jenkins

Meh. On my skin the opening was all bergamot. No fruit or lavender. Dried down to more bergamot mixed with sandalwood. Nothing special or original here.

parfumlikker
parfumlikker

After all the positive reviews I red, I watched the FragranceBros review and they really get what I get from this fragrance. It smells like a cheap bodyspray, makes me feel old and it's nothing legendery.

It just smells OK, I guess. I dont really like it, so I dont get all these positive comments.. I wear it now and then though, because I received it as a gift.

camposg
camposg

Ive worn this a few times and ive always been tempted to buy it but its hard to pull off in florida heat. Its def. A night scent very nice good quality. Dont see where they get the fierce reference. Quality juice good performance

blake123
blake123

At first i liked the cologne very much but that soon changed very fast. It starts off nice (yes like Fierce) but just altogether turn into a very plain, boring scent an hour later. This is by far the weakest cologne iv'e owned, and i'm VERY lenient on performance aspects. It was most likely the way it worked with my skin. This was actually the first cologne that i wore where a girl told me that what i was wearing smelled bad, which is weird considering my girlfriend at the time helped pick it out. I do honestly believe that it is a good smell, but just not for me. Anyways,I'm not here to influence anyones decision, so please go try it you might like it.
On a non-biased note, the frag starts off somewhat tropical, and fruity with a metallic like undertone. Very ideal for a daytime scent for the fall/winter. I would recommend this to a younger crowd in their early twenties.

nemesis76
nemesis76

Well Mont Blanc you sure do know how to grab attention. I will not venture too much about whether or not Legend smells similar to Fierce or carry similar traits of Aventus. It all comes down to an individuals personal experience and preference and I enjoy this cologne but I do see a few minor flaws with Legend.

The smell is sweet but retains that masculine touch with the first few sprays. OH pineapple yummy I enjoy a fresh slice of pineapple during the summer and my skin likes it too. But sadly it begins to fade away within a few short hours and becomes a woody and lavender dry out...time to respray! The longevity is weak on my skin which is a total bummer. Yet it smells great and if you find this for a low price its a steal.

Now I will only mention this regarding Legend and Fierce and their similarities. Fierce is a legend but take a good look at the notes between the both and you will notice they both only share oakmoss and rose as an ingredient. Maybe not everything is listed but for Legend to come up with a scent similar to Fierce having little resemblance under the hood is pretty damn remarkable. As for Aventus....Pineapple pineapple yummy yummy but Aventus is on a league of its own. Still grab yourself a whiff of some Legend you wont regret it!

8 out of 10

barberal32
barberal32

@Xforce

Think you may have a fake or something because Legend doesn't have a magnetic cap.

Love Legend, one of Mont Blanc's very best.

@xforce

You're sure the cap is magnetic?
`cos my two 100ml bottles are not...

xforce
xforce

Great bottle with great magnetic cap which I like it a lot. But smell is crap! It has a very shouting smell which give me headache in just few minutes. sorry, it is not my cup of tea!

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Generic calone, generic woods, generic green notes, generic amber, generic aldehydes... a fresh, cozy, stereotypical post-2000s "contemporay average man scent". Axe Deodorant in a perfume bottle. Next!

youngfragranceconnoisseur

Somewhat synthetic, I wish it smelled more natural. Definitely smells like A&F Fierce. Is an good scent for young people or someone new to the fragrance game, but if you have been collecting I do not think this is something worth buying.

jf72
jf72

Today I did a Abercrombie Fierce Vs Legend test today in London and tried them side by side.

everyone compares Legend to Fierce but funnily enough nobody compares it to the hallowed Aventus - on a website where people are obsessed with things that compare with Aventus!
now it doesn't smell like Aventus, but there are a couple of other pineapple fragrances which have been compared to it: Scent of Peace (bond no.9) and Jaguar Vision

In short: Fierce and Legend have an almost identical opening with Legend a hint fruity (pineapple), as they dry down Fierce remains remarkably linear, but Legend loses all of its top notes until it becomes pineapple on the skin resembling scent of peace for him and Jaguar vision.

so there you have it, its similar to Fierce on the opening (which people make a big point about) but similar to pineapple fragrances on the drydown, people on here are obsessed with Aventus its surprising few people have made the drydown connection as with the opening.

another thing I will add is ignore the EDT/EDC concentration as an indicator of sillage/longevity. Legend is an EDT but Fierce is only an EDC (and a bloody expensive one at that) but both have very similar performances: moderate sillage, slightly above moderate longevity on the skin.

youngfragranceconnoisseur

I think this smells like Fierce but not Platinum Egoiste and I have had all three of these frags. I do not really enjoy this fragrance but it is not bad. Good for someone younger that is not a fragrance collector.

ChaoticBliss
ChaoticBliss

Gorgeous, gorgeous fragrance. As I've stated in other reviews, the house of Mont Blanc is one of my favorites. Legend is no exception. Clean and beautiful is how I describe it. At least on me it is a modern powerhouse that goes on and on. I, and everyone around me loves this fragrance. Highly recommended.

Altorhys
Altorhys

J'aime ce parfum, même s'il me fait penser au désodorisant Axe Tsunami.

I love this perfume, even if it makes me think of deodorant Axe Tsunami.

shayz
shayz

I love the smell but iam very disappointed
This perfume does not hold more than two hours on my skin.
Must be checked before you buy

chris.kragel
chris.kragel

A soapy woody aromatic without uniqueness.
Ever since I first smelled this, I could not help but think of- Abercrombie's Fierce. It is quite similar, and almost identical in structure, top notes, and dry down.
This projection is decent, along with the longevity, but something about this scent just makes me think of BORING. It is mostly cliche, and unoriginal.
Try, and pass. Spray it on yourself at the department store, and let it bask on your skin. The sweetness will dray you in, but after it dries down, you will inevitably grow bored of the static aroma that rises.

Projection: 6/10 (Strong at first, but fades)
Longevity: 7/10 (7+ hours)
Versatility: 7/10 (Most occasions)
Overall: 5/10 (Not unique, boring after a while, over worn by so many people)

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

This is pretty good, a lot sweater then I was expecting, lasted on me about 5 hours, which is pretty good I guess, a poor replacement for Presence in my opinion, but still nice for a night out, I like it very much. The bottle is nice, very masculine. Well priced for what you're getting.

mattie5960
mattie5960

I've had this since Christmas and am still trying to come to a conclusion on it. What I can say is that, for me, it's a little too 'dress-up' smelling for day-to-day wear, especially when the weather is warmer. But when I say 'dress-up' I don't mean going out to the bars or anything, it's too elegant for that. I mean the nice shirt and shoes, going to a semi-formal outing with friends kind of 'dress-up'. I wore it to Easter dinner on our back deck yesterday and felt that it was very appropriate. Early Jazz playing in the background, a light breeze (even a tad chilly), but sunny. It worked.

I'm still too new to the fragrance world to talk about the notes and stuff, but I will say that this leaves a heavy trail for about 20 minutes after you put it on (I use 2-3 sprays) and then settles down pretty quickly. I'm not disappointed with the longevity or sillage of it, but there are definitely stronger juices. I'd say it's good for maybe 4-5 hours, although it lasts as a skin scent for much longer.

Update: When I bought Legend, I got the entire gift set (body wash and aftershave balm included). I've used the body wash in the past, and haven't found it to contribute much to the way I smell after I get out of the shower and towel off. However, I just used the aftershave for the first time today and am very happy with it. Smells just like Legend, but lighter and more wearable. Obviously the projection isn't strong, but I'm enjoying the smell of it myself.

aleksandar.dragas6
aleksandar.dragas6

It's a cheap alternative if you don't have enough money to buy fierce :D but it is really interesting, sweet, fruity and citrus fragrance, I like it a lot :)

toto453
toto453

IMHO What a weak fragrance...did not smell like fierce at all for me. It is simply weak projection & sillage, did not remind me of Fierce at all?! I have fierce and this is better in scent, longevity & projection by far far far !!!

This is only my opinion

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

It's a decent fragrance; nothing special, but a good all-around scent if you obtain it on discount. To be honest, I do really like this one...it's fruity, lightly-sweetened, lightly-floral and it works well for both casual and formal settings. It won't turn heads, but it is quite pleasing.

The longevity and projection on my skin are average, which makes for a good all-purpose office or evening/date scent when you're wanting to smell good but not stink anyone out. Another selling point is the women in my life seem to really like it. Go figure!

estewart51
estewart51

Legend is an okay fragrance but it is extremely generic. Not only that but this fragrance evaporates RAPIDLY. I barely got through 4 hours without the smell being completely gone. Legend smells good, but there is nothing that would excite even the most amateur of noses. Would recommend as a gift to a younger person (15-18) years old a.k.a someone who isn't too particular with cologne.

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

This is quite similar to Egoiste Platinum, a little more fruity especially in the opening. Overall this is a nice fragrance but unless I could walk out at the $25 price point I wouldn't see a lot of value in adding this to my collection. I think it could be a great signature fragrance and a even a nice romantic scent. I would say that it is a good designer relase and could fit nicely next to Bleu De Chanel and YSL L'homme. Great gift fragrance for the non collector and extremely versatile from an age perspective.

Not useful for me unless I could get it cheap but good and I give it a like. Oh yeah I think it could work most of the year also. Longevity doesn't seem bad and projection is around Bleu De Chanel (noticeable and alluring). Good job MB

maab
maab

For me it is very similar to Platinum Egoiste. Nice bottle.

Jassar
Jassar

Pure peppery trash. Top notes of pink pepper and white pepper. Mid notes of green pepper and Japanese pepper. Base notes of pepperwood, Madagascar pepper, aquatic pepper, metallic pepper, black pepper and exotic peppers.

Scrubability = ultra high

mrmyers22
mrmyers22

Extremely underrated in my opinion.
I think this would satisfy the hell out of the average guy that doesn't really wear fragrances, and will be satisfying to fragrance heads like most of us here.
But I am more than satisfied with this fragrance!
Makes me want to try other Mont Blanc fragrances. Very safe scent in my opinion. Will get another bottle once gone. That's for damn sure. Glad I found this at TJ Maxx for cheap!

toneinatx
toneinatx

I did the girlfriend test with this from a Men's Health magazine and she gave it two thumbs up. Got it in the mail and the magazine did this little justice. It smells mature, for the office working man, or a cool evening out on the town. She loves it and my decisions are based on that. It does seem to be sweet at first but as the day goes on, it just gets better. I can see myself wearing this in the warmer months too.

drlaurel
drlaurel

If you like Fierce, you will like Mont Blanc. I love them both but unfortunately my husband likes neither. I thought you were supposed to wear cologne for your SO? Anyway, I have a brand spankin new bottle 3.4 ounce in box. sprayed three times, once for him, twice for me. Message me for a good price.

Deefit
Deefit

This gets a lot of love but honestly, I don't get it. It's generic, nothing new nor unique. I've smelled this a hundred times before and as a reviewer below mentioned, it smells a bit like inexpensive drugstore colognes. It does dry down nicely, but still I don't find it that great. It's a pleasant scent, but nothing special to my nose.

ThiagoRRGomes
ThiagoRRGomes

Just tested this yesterday and actually liked it a lot!
When I got into the store, they had sprayed it in the air conditioning and I thought it was Abercrombie Fierce.
Surprised with such similarity!
Really good! Might be getting it soon!

stephanienwc
stephanienwc

It smells like a cheap drugstore cologne. I don't enjoy this at all (from a girl's perspective).

word-doctor
word-doctor

I bought this for my younger son (15) for everyday wear. In the past, he has worn Tsar and Quorum Silver, but I wanted to find something that works better in hot weather. Having, of course, tried it myself, I think it's a pleasant, safe choice that's more interesting than most aquatics or citrics. Reminds me a great deal of Burberry's but with softer notes and not nearly the longevity.

It's classy without being stodgy. Nothing daring about it. Probably a little overpriced for what it is. But for an kid who sometimes overdoes colognes, it's perfect.

Sillage: 4/10

jackfort

Smells Good but sillage and longevity is below average.

Legend intense and Fierce are better

happyscent
happyscent

Mont Blanc Legend - musky, want to be manly scent but I can't put my finger on this and I think I already smelled this scent somewhere; starts out really strong, citric and then the drydown I don't know.... not worth writing about;

adamhabib
adamhabib

What caught my attention for this wonderful cologne is its monstrous silage and projection on a coworker.

Smells fresh, fruity and seductive. Might not be the most original, but definitely this is a masterpiece!

It is currently selling like crazy in Israel.

puria_stalker
puria_stalker

به هیچ وجه ازش خوشم نیومد به شدت شبیه اسپری اینتسا هستش
به شدت میوه ای از نوعه لوسش

TO BE FRANK . . THIS THING IS SO SPLIED AND REPETETIVE . .

MonaThorbourne
MonaThorbourne

I am a woman and I wear this. There is only one word that comes to mind when I am wearing this... "orgasmic". This is soooo yummy and warm. Love it <3

neilvizuett
neilvizuett

When I smelled for the first time "Fierce" by Abercrombie and fitch", I immediately fell in love with it, and bought it right away, I loved the smell... but after some time, I found "small details" in it that I didn´t like, I don´t know, it just wasn´t that pleasant anymore like the first time I tried it, but then, I tried "Legend" and it brought me back that same effect I got with Fierce, I fell in love with the scent, so, I guess iIMO "Legend" is slightly better than Fierce, but I love both of them.

JamesVT
JamesVT

One I need to buy ASAP.

crunker
crunker

Legend is one of my absolute favorites. All I can say is fruity, fresh, and very refined. A blast of pineapple on the spray-on and the dry-down keeps the pineapple and adds some citrus and apple. There is some slight floral fragrance as well. I am very thankful to have a girl that bought me this for Christmas, as it has turned out to be almost addictive. It's one of those fragrances you just have to smell for yourself, as reading about it won't do it justice. Scent is awesome, sillage is moderate, and it lasts all day.

WayneDN

A wonderful day cologne that many will ask what you are wearing. Not too strong and not too weak. Just right for the office

jpgaud61
jpgaud61

If Burberry For Men and Polo Double Black had a child, it would be Mont Blanc Legend. It has Double Black's mango & Burberry's fruity openings sans Burberry's woody, cinnamon-spice middle notes. This is a distinctive scent; crisp, masculine, rich, clean and inoffensive.

Legend has a greenish scent that settles into a light fruity/citrus main note. I detect hints of pineapple and faint florals. I don't get the impression of aquatics with this fragrance but Legend's scent can be described as "fashionably sporty"; like a sport jacket, dress shirt & tie with blue jeans.

Longevity and sillage are moderate. A very good casual day/night scent for me. Legend is a very good, refreshing, and upscale alternative fragrance if you're looking to jump off the Polo treadmill or just shake things up a little in your casual scent repertoire.

I give Legend an 8/10. This is a safe buy; the fragrance isn't evocatively offensive or overpowering to most noses. I find Mont Blanc Legend to be very nice.

Nick M
Nick M

You WILL get compliments; young women WILL find this attractive; you WILL most likely love it on your first sniff; it WILL last all day; ultimately it's just too darn sweet for me.

It's also becoming very popular so it will not stand out so much as time goes on, not to mention the similarities with other frags people have brought up. Try it on at least two different days before you make up your mind. Hopefully I haven't discouraged anyone from buying this, because it's a fine scent in the end.

nafi33
nafi33

Not an exceptional smell but people really seem to like this one. If you're looking for a fresh smelling compliment-getter, consider this one.

Ginger Kitty
Ginger Kitty

Only recently did I discover the similarities between Mont Blanc Legend and an Arabian Oud fragrance call Gentleman's Secret. The Mont Blanc is more mellow base/middle notes, whereas the Gentleman's Secret has a minutely brighter fresh top. I also noticed above a reference to Fierce by Abercrombe and Fitch. I have not yet tried a comparison so will respectively accept it being possibly very similar to this.

cytherian
cytherian

This is a very popular fragrance and... well, I'm not quite sure why. It seems so generic in its qualities, lost in a sea of fresh/clinical/fruity/citrus. I can see it as somewhat of a competitor to Chanel Egoiste Platinum, after testing both. Platinum is superior, in my book. I've not yet tried Fierce by Abercrombe and Fitch, which is noted to be very similar to this.

I really like the bottle and I'm no stranger to the Montblanc brand (I own several of their fountain pens), but I'm just dumbfounded as to why they bothered to get into fragrances if they're going to release products like this. At least this isn't overpriced (as some of their pens are).

While the sillage is decent, the longevity is almost an afterthought. I sprayed it on my wrists and an hour later I was barely detecting anything from a couple of inches away.

If I wanted something that acts like an aftershave, I'd just apply some 4711 which has a more refreshing citrus quality and is much cheaper. So I'm going to select "dislike"... although I'm fine with the scent, I just think it's not worth bothering about.

Asad K
Asad K

Mont Blanc legend , the name itself says LEGEND. Yeah i know it is not the best cologne in the market but is good for winter. I got it as a gift on my birthday.
My mom took me to macys and asked my to pick up anything of my choice. My first sniff of Mont blanc Legend made me purchase this. The fresh note of Pineapple with a hint of apple by the side makes it a gud purchase for winter. I'd suggest that people should try this . It is a good cologne :)

Marcos Oliveira

Irmão de Fierce Abercrombie ? mais leve ,porém mais maduro e elegante...o aroma mais frutal e menos sintético ... mas Fierce é melhor no pareo. pra mim o melhor Mont Blanc sem duvidas.

Amr's
Amr's

Worth trying it...nice smell. Worth for my money. It work GREAT on my skin. Surely your colleague will notice the scents. Not too heavy. Fresh and wonderful!!

mendwillie
mendwillie

I just like.

I classify it thus:
Smell: 5.5/10
Projection: 6/10
Longevity: 6.5/10

Mr.Bobby.N
Mr.Bobby.N

I've had a 50ml bottle in my collection for a couple of years now, and while it's good, I've never thought it was a standout and never really worn it out... I'd always choose KENETH COLE BLACK if I was in the mood for this kind of smell.

Fast forward to today, and I love it and use it often.

It's funny how tastes change :)

---------------------------------------------
SILLAGE: good
LONGEVITY: average
SCENT: excellent
VALUE FOR MONEY: average

OVERALL: 8.5/10
---------------------------------------------

andy84
andy84

Yes the longetivity (4-5 hours) and projection (1-2 feet) are moderate, and the opening is a bit synthtic but guys for such money (I've got my 100ml bottle for 40$) you get pleasant alike Chanel PE lavender-geranium drydown with Creed Aventus pineapple-red apple wibe.
Someone mentioned that it's crappier version of Burberry for men. I had it and i can say that burberry woodiness in the middle notes after one hour was redundant and made it much unnoticable and in this frag we have vivid pineapple note which lasts during the whole frag life.

Yasir Shahbaz
Yasir Shahbaz

After scrutinizing many famous brands on a store, when i finally got tired, still unable to decide what to buy. in the last, i asked the man to show me this frag and as soon as it struck me, it was chosen. the beauty of this frag is that it is quite fresh and safe. it makes your mood cheerful, has nice clean soothing vibe. for the price it carries, it gives clear cut longevity for three hours and after that its light and entrapped close to your skin till sixth hour, after that it's hardly found. it's not to strong to strike down every one else's nose; however it will keep on reminding you about it's beautiful presence and any one around you in two to three feet distance. its a good buy as a daily wear, recommended for summer and spring. it might not be the best frag around and it is not a must buy, yet you won't regret buying it. it will do its job and keep you happy.

faisalclairessence
faisalclairessence

Just received this bottle and already in love with it...pineapple finely blended with the other accords...awesome winter scent, awesome night scent...projection is great versatality is alright. Definitely a blind buy.

Robert G. Rodríguez
Robert G. Rodríguez

In fact, Mont Blac is a Legend because it's beautiful aroma, so smooth jazz vibe of vanilla, sandalwood and of course those fruit scents blended with aromatic species and flowers, so elegant and formal, I love this for romantic nites. Just beautiful Legend.

Idlehands
Idlehands

as I sit here with my 1 oz bottle of legend, I have to wonder what in the hell I was thinking. this to me, smells like a crappier version of Burberry for men. nothing exciting. it's sharp and probably headache inducing. this is really a big let down. for such a popular scent it sure has nothing to offer. this would maybe be good for beginners, but honestly it's just really forgettable.

tijgetje
tijgetje

Devine parfum! Ik really like the unfolding on my friends skin. In the opening it's semilair to Roma Uoma (my guess) but this is the more elagant and sensual version! Jum jum.... I think it's the verbena and dryed fruit that makes it special.
Was a blind buy, I'm very very pleased with this one!! And so is my friend ;-0

Layzie
Layzie

This has a sweet, unique tone to it. It's unique in the sense that it doesn't smell like many other fragrances out there (sans Abercrombie, of course). I really like the apple/pineapple essence it provides. My female friends have described this scent on me as alluring.

When I first tested it, it wasn't appealing. However, the second time I sampled it, I immediately wanted to try it on my skin. Aside from the prominent fruity notes, there are light florals surrounding the scent and a woodsy undertone from the oak moss. It projects well and gets compliments for the first few hours, then sits closer to home, where I like it. I'm not a fan of loud perfumes on me.

The name doesn't suit this fragrance, though. What legend would like to smell fruity? I enjoy it because it's sharp, sweet, versatile, and unobtrusive. Legend has decend longevity, and the ladies in my life are very fond of this fragrance.

Oldspice
Oldspice

When I first spray this on it is actually pretty nice, pleasant and fruity. I initially thought it would be one I was going to enjoy but I was wrong. After a mere 5-10 minutes the fruity top subsides and what is left underneath is.....in fact very close to Platinum Egoiste. I've worn PE for years now and from what I was reading about Legend I wasn't expecting it to actually be close to PE but it is. It's not as nice as PE, it has a slight plastic-like tinge to my nose and it's weaker. I've never worn Fierce so I can't comment on the similarity there.

Logevity for me is about 3,4 hours. Overall this was a dud for me.

gd15329
gd15329

YES, this does smell like AXE AFRICA - pleasant but weak though (and very expensive imitation of an AXE)

[I don't get any Egoïste Platinum Chanel]

I like the notes -all of them- but the composition should have been way more better.
(I don't even know how you can convince that you are not wearing axe...)

colognefan85
colognefan85

Opening: Strong Pineapple mixed with Oakmoss, mix of green and fruit. Strong but not over bearing. Beautiful blend of both notes. The herb/green only lasts a few minutes before it turns into a spicy/ fuity vibe.

Dry down: Heavy apple, and rose with a smooth base of Tonka bean. Apple is the dominate note " crisp red apple" that masks the base, but at times I get whiffs of the mellow Tonka bean. Base does carry a hint of "spice".

Projection: High, have been getting compliments non stop.

Longevity: 4 to 6 hours. Life is longer in cool weather.

Overall: This is a well blended fragrance, that smells of Apple and spice in general. Reminds me of a beautiful Fall fragrance. All the top notes don't last long at all, and becomes linear into the apple and spice, but its so well done on the dry down that its passive in that matter.

Purchase? YES! If you are looking for a Fall Winer fragrance you will enjoy this. I think its a great alternative to wearing the Burburry London. " They are no way the same" just the vibe. I will add that this reminds me of original Curve a lot.

It's rare that I talk about the bottle because thats obviously not what's important about a fragrance, although it helps if you like it.
This one is cool it looks like a hipflask you'd have out on the piste!(or on the piss)
Unless you have super sensitive nostrils and are a absolute expert sniffer there's no way you could identify the subtle difference in notes between this and A&F Fierce.
I defy anybody to tell them apart but I've only had a little tester in a shop so I will reserve judgement for when I've bought Legend and tried it side by side with Fierce for myself.
As far as I can tell they're the same and that's a good thing because...
It's easier and cheaper to get hold of in the UK than fierce... The bottle and brand are cooler and more masculine...and if it's anything like Fierce it's catnip to the girls.
Finally...they both smell AMAZING and that's what counts.

Update: I've not acquired a bottle of this yet but I have tried it numerous times now and I have to revert on my position slightly it's still a dead ringer for A&F Fierce and fundamentally the same but maybe this is a weaker version, slightly less potent & spicy.

jtappenden

Great hesperidic,fougere & cedar notes.Fabulous.

ma_ma
ma_ma

I don't care what people say, this cologne is perfect!
I sampled it yesterday evening at 19:00, two sprays, now it is 11:00 am and it is still projecting such a gentleman-like sexy, versatile, and a signature smell.

BTW in Israel this cologne is a hit! and I understand why.

milkyway

I first smelled it a year ago and thought it was wonderful.
Smelling it again this year made me rethink the first impression. In a nutshell- t's a rather clean smelling fruity fragrance to my nose.
There is an abundance of sweeter smells in here, which is very unusual for male fragrances (but, which are surprisingly pleasant to smell on a man). The bergamot and fruits are really prominent- with candied fruit and pineapple scent staying until the end..Lavender and mosses make it a rather soapy smelling fume- hence the happy combo is somewhat remeniscent of a fancy shampoo..
Not a bad smell- clean and fruity with some herby bitterness in the background and tonka rounding it up with its creamy nuttiness. If I'd smelled it without seeing the bottle, I'd imagined it had the word "Sport" as part of it's name :)

amirabbas
amirabbas

I gave it a try twice but I didn't find it special. pineapple is prominent in this one.
For my taste its too fruity and sweet. It has nice scent but as I said I don't like it. projection is good and people will notice it and longevity on my skin was around 4-5 hours.

خیلی ازش تعریف شنیده بودم. دو بار هم روی پوستم تستش کردمو به نظرم عطر خاصی نبود. بوی آناناس توش خیلی مشهوده.
برای ذائقه ی من مناسب نبود و خیلی شیرین به نظرم میاد و خیلی هم میوه ای هست. بوی ملایم و خوبی داره ولی همونطور که گفتم دوستش نداشتم. پخش بوش خوبه و بقیه متوجهش میشن و ماندگاریش هم روی پوست من بین 4 تا 5 ساعت هست

cassius
cassius

This is essentially a slightly more refined version of Champion - better longevity (only relatively speaking) and not as linear. While it's not a bad scent, it certainly doesn't justify the price tag. In the UK, 100ml currently retails at £60, which is probably two or three times the price it ought to be.

princeali92
princeali92

I've loved this cologne ever since I first smelled it. It is literally like A&F Fierce with a kick to it! For guys out there who want a manly, fresh, and aromatic cologne, I would highly recommend this!!!!

btaylor.014
btaylor.014

It is not unique or special, and not what I would imagine a "legend" wearing. I still like this cologne, however, because it smells very nice. It is soft, simple, and pleasant. People seem to like it.

Nini_55
Nini_55

Got this as a gift..after the first sprays i thought it smelled very similiar to calvin klein eternity..over priced and nothing new here

jandejonge
jandejonge

If everyone agrees MB Legend resembles AF Fierce so much, how come they don't have any notes in common at all ?

burgundyaltima

a fresher version of AF Fierce with a strong pineapple note in it...the average nose wouldn't be able to spot the difference.. nice scent..but i prefer AF Fierce to this..

hameedbilal
hameedbilal

this is a decent perfume...
not much of longevity or projection...but it smells refreshing...

for this who could not get their hands on Fierce....this is the closest to Fierce..

mse-21
mse-21

This is undeniably similar to certain other scents, but its still a noteworthy product.

Starts with fruity accords and settles to a gentle aromatic fruity scent. Its mildly sour and fresh. Its very polished and subtle in style.

I wholeheartedly recommend trying it. Smells really good and pleasant, even though for a short time and with a weak projection. The bottle has a really elegant design too.

saint2006
saint2006

Wow...This Fragrance is not what I thought it would be. The first 2 sprays brought a wave of compliments. Yes, it does smell like a couple of other frags out there, but it makes the ladies say OMG. If you own this..... enjoy it, but don't over spray. Even 1 spritzt is enough to make you stand out. To me the apple and the pineapple is very dominant. It ride all the way through the base notes, and happens to be the main contributing factors in this scent. Take out the apple and the pineapple............and the scent dies. Unfortunatley through out the years I have become allergic to all the colognes on my skin. I can only spray this one on my shirt. I did test a small spot on my skin, and the longevity was no where near length of time on my clothes. I got 10hrs. Wearing this cologne for a long period of Time can desensitize your sense of smell. So don't go spraying too much on. Its there lingering in the background. I'd say this was a very good buy!

djr0825
djr0825

To me this smells identical to playboy new york

dmirror

This fragrance smells somewhat similar to a lot of fragrances nautica aqua rush ed hardy skull and roses a&f fierce that's just a few heard other people say its even more than that but legend is still a good fragrance just not a special scent buy i'll still buy it when the price drops or i find it for a discount price

Gault
Gault

To be honest it is quite a disappointment, not because the scent is bad, its OK, but really linear and boring and this bottle desing would deserve a much unique fragrance in my opinion. To me its Davidoff Champion with added fruits and rose (but DC is changing much more in its lifetime). It is shocking how similar these fragrances can be. The longevity could be a little better, 5-6 hours max with moderate projection. Its a safe buy if you arent into fragrances seriously.

kazewayz
kazewayz

When I saw this bottle I figured it would be something strong, leathery, maybe smoky or even spicy. But, when I smelled it I thought to my self "Come on, really?" I mean seriously, this could've been so much better. This is normal. It isn't exciting at all. It smells fruity, aromatic, sweet. If I were given this perfume I would only see my self wearing it to go play sports or for the beach or something like that. This was kind of dissapointing. It's an ok smell that resembles many things on the market. Try it.

SnowStorm
SnowStorm

This one was just odd. I was able to find a lower priced version of this at one of the discount stores. That was surprising as this frag is pretty new. I do see the similarity with the AF Fierce that people are mentioning. The initial spray was nice - very bright and fruity, but after a while I kept getting this strange non-sweet fruit. It was strange, like I had spilled a fruit salad on my clothes at breakfast but it never started to rot. This one had to go.

Na0
Na0

Now that's what I call a great designer current fougere !
This is a very versatile one, fruity all-around, with a fresh lavender and finally, a not heavy (but durable !) sandal base.

Due to the fact it's at the time fruity, floral and fresh, but woody and long lasting, you can wear it everytime you want !

I don't know how describe this sensation but it's fresh but warm for me.

The only default I could find, its longevity... 4h more or less... Without it, it would be LEGENDary.

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

After sampling the fragrance in the store, I had to go back and buy a bottle the next day.
I can understand why a lot of people confuse this more sophisticated cologne with a more popular younger teen's cologne Abercrombie & Fitch.
The only thing I believe that brings these two colognes together in comparison is the woodsy notes and the scent of the rose.
Legend is a pleasant cologne when you pass someone you get their attention because of its amazing aroma.
To me what makes an ok cologne verses a excellent cologne has a lot do with it's history. Mont Blanc is a far more recognized brand with a reputation of producing high quality products.
Lengend is more appealing to me because it has more subtle notes and yet it's longevity is well past 8 hour's.
When I first sprayed it on I find the two notes of rose/woodsy an excellent blend. The added notes of Tonka Bean and Coumarin certain gives this cologne a sweet scent which reminds a lot of people like the frag Abercrombie & Fitch.
Overall, I find this cologne to be a superb cologne. It can be worn during the day and it would be an excellent choice if you want to wear it in the evening as well.
To me colognes should be worn to enhance the person as part of their personality.
Legends does that as far as I'm concerned, so I give this cologne 9.5/10
Longevity is well past 8 hour's
Sillage is moderate within 3 feet.
Certainly LENGENDARY !!!!!!!!!

dmirror

This scent smells good but not amazing it's alright i got samples of it smells some what similar to other fragrances I've smelled before but it's still good enough to own i'll probably buy it when i find the set for a really good price i wouldn't pay full retail price for it cause it's a ordinary scent but once again that doesn't mean i don't like it smells good I just wouldn't spend $80+ on it

mtheory8
mtheory8

Great scent.

But, it does smell a LOT like abercrombie and fitch fierce. If you live in the united states and are in your 20s, there is a really good chance that your friends will have smelled fierce, and think this smells like fierce.

it has happened to me and thats what stops me from wearing this fragrance.

good fragrance, will get you compliments, and if you are not worried about smelling like a frat boy (because that will be the association people make if they have smelled A&F fierce, then I recommend this highly)

Sohny
Sohny

Sur moi, il ne sent pas les fruits. C'est une fragrance fraîche et "glacée" dans le sens que qu'elle est franche, directe, net. Tout comme son nom l'indique, c'est l'odeur des montagnes... J'aime bien.

vicbro
vicbro

It's smell is similar to Abercrombie & Fitch's Fierce and Franck Olivier Sunrise Man.

hullhockey91
hullhockey91

My GF's absolute FAVORITE (besides Curve).

This one is good. Took awhile to grow on me, but when I finally bought it, I noticed it doesnt last hardly at all. I just put 4 sprays on my shirt 45 minutes ago and its very faint. I have to put my shirt right up my nose to smell it.
I sprayed it on my hand 2 hours ago and pressing my nose up to my hand I can barely smell it.
The only reason to buy this is because of the smell itself, not its performance.

Overall = 7/10
Scent = 8/10
Projection = 3/10
Longevity = 5/10

Mansour Hamad
Mansour Hamad

it is not a unique frag. I think its a safer version of Fierce but its well made. the scent and longevity are alright but the sillage is very soft and very close to your body. very disappointed. don't believe all the hype about this one, and don't buy it blindly. to tell you the truth I have it with the box 99% full and I'm ready to sell it or swap it with anything else..
scent:8
longevity:6
sillage:3
All:5

LuxWaltz
LuxWaltz

A very nice cologne but the sillage is pretty weak. It's hard to notice unless the wind is blowing.

jayzy90
jayzy90

I just purchased a 30ml bottle as a blind buy and have to say I will definitely be buying the 100ml once this has gone! It is similar to A.F Fierce, yet fruitier and less spicy. Only applied 2 sprays to neck and 1 on the wrist yet keep getting wafts of it whenever I sit down or stand up 3 hrs later. Sillage is good but not 'in your face' like Fierce. Sweet but not sickly pineapple comes through at first for me, mixed with rose. As it dries down it develops a smokier and more woody feel whilst the fruity side is less prominent but still there. Great scent.

butterblades
butterblades

Next time you are in Vegas walk into the Forum shops in Cesar's Palace. Smells of casino shopping and choking Abercrombie overspray. A good scent, nothing original. I love to spray my 7yr old son with it!

Smyle12
Smyle12

Agreed, Bobster. While the notes are certainly interesting enough, when I tested this at Sephora, it smelled synthetic, extremely light and quite generic. Thoroughly unimpressive.

Bobster
Bobster

To compare this to Chanel's Platinum Egoist is an insult. If I wanted to wear alcohol I would have reached for it from my medicine cabinet. No projection, No longevity, overhyped, and overpriced. There is nothing else that needs to be said.......

wesleyhclark

An overly sharp top note and a cloying drydown. This also has that fake synthetic pineapple note I have come to hate. Smells cheap and pungent like Curve. In a word: pissy.

I really dislike these dihydromyrcenol compositions... not my thing at all. The Nineties are over - let them die.

WayneDN

Went to the department store today and the lady at the cologne counter told me this was the biggest selling mens cologne the last few months. They can't keep it in stock. I could not buy it since they were out of stock.

Nirvalica
Nirvalica

I love this cologne on it's own, but I've recently tried layering it with Usher HE. I think those two work very well together. The Usher has a sort of softer melon/fruity scent to it while the Legend adds a more crisp spicy/fruity note to the top end. Either way, layered or not, this is a fantastic fragrance that is very versatile in any situation.

Lots of apple, but not a juicy apple. Sweet, but kind of dusty. Somewhat overripe.
Unfortunately I can't share the love for this fragrance as I find it too sweet, too heavy on the lavender and just overbearing.

vonzigdarke
vonzigdarke

Rarely gets better than this. Instant mood elevator. The only comparison I get with Chanel Platinum Egoiste is the number of compliments. Extremely fruity and sweet while somehow retaining masculinity. Unfortunately, I waste a lot of this-just spraying to it to experience. Longevity isn't the greatest, but it never stops me. Abercrombie-ish with the spice toned way down. Delicious.

wesleyhclark

Smelled on a paper strip: Too fruity for me!

paralataringa
paralataringa

not bad, just not original, safe, nothing special, like lacoste

jestech
jestech

This cologne just plain smells good. It's nothing special and feels like it's certainly been done before, but you're not going to get many complaints at all with this one. I don't believe this smells anything like Platinum Egoiste. To me it has a bit of a Drakkar smell, but is missing the weird Drakkar drydown.
All in all it's a very good cologne for the price. I have AF Fierce too, and this is cleaner and longer lasting.

jacobbonilla
jacobbonilla

Just purchased this today and I have to say it smells like abercrombie's fierce except more refined and longer silage and longevity. to me this smells nothing like platinum egoiste. overall a very fresh clean sent without having a Citrus summer smell. thumbs up !

poojakale21
poojakale21

Here's a girl opinion about MB Legend- go for it. It smells really sexy and confident... Almost like an attitude, you know what i mean.

Wildcard
Wildcard

A more mature version of A F fierce. A little darker but still fun to wear and wont offend.

burgundyaltima

To my nose Legend smells very similar to A&F fierce.. nothing touching Chanel Platinum Egoiste

Jose Marcos
Jose Marcos

MB L opens very metallic, tin like, smell of plain can. Then there comes a nice rose note, faint apple, some sort of very indistinctive fruit pineappleish note. Everything seems to be so vague and distant for two sprays. I must say it is very safe scent for it doesn't show itself much. I have PC XS on my other arm, growing beautifully on sandalwood now. That makes Legend a little shy.

RemingtonSteele
RemingtonSteele

Doesn't smell bad just isn't original. Smells ALOT like Curve. Which can be had for much cheaper.....Does NOT smell like Egoiste Platinum. I like the way this smells, I just grew up during Curve era, so you can spot this scent immediately if you partied in late 1990's. Never smelled Fierce, but if it smells anything like this, its copying Curve too!

alexram
alexram

Un perfume exquisito, poco común y con un envase de vidrio color negro hermoso y una tapa plateada que es pura calidad, como las lapiceras mont blanc, de ahí su nombre, Legend, por la lapicera Meisterstück. Gracias Mont Blanc y gracias por ser un perfume poco masificado.

valvulado
valvulado

I've tried this scent a few times and... honestly: Buy Cuba Wall street instead. Cheaper and better. And Legend doesn't reminds me Platinum Egoist, at all. PE is far better. Don't be fooled.

memillo1
memillo1

it have a really strong escence, in my personal opinion it smells quite similar to fierce of abercrombie & fitch, the difference is that this one is more dark and more elegant, is usefull for 6 to 7 hours. im 21 years old and i dont regret of buying this fragance

silvernose
silvernose

Get ready to be a legend to whomever you may pass while wearing this elegant, snazzy, confident, and quietly loud fragrance. I can see some similarity to A and F but legend has its own originality to it. Also I think legen to be more refined and smooth rather than obnoxious and smothering.

amalex_1983
amalex_1983

i love this

jtappenden

Wearing this fragrance has a great civilizing effect.Happy New Year to everyone. x

nmloffredo
nmloffredo

I bought this for my husband for Christmas and I am a bit disappointed by the weakness of the scent. It does not last very long on him. It's a very nice scent but needs to be stronger and longer lasting in order for me to repurchase again.

kuba

i tested it on paper and infact i was not allured.it simply an ordinary,i cant figure out how but i think it shares the same swaggs of the presence....easily cloying.

jtappenden

Bergamot,verbena,oakmoss & sandalwood create an intoxicating fragrance.Very masculine & sophisticated.This fragrance is one of the very best!

guillermostf
guillermostf

for me smells like (some air, a little, just a little) animale for men in the first 2 (or less) minutes. nothing special 4 me, but it's a nice fragrance anyway. nice bottle. Not very original or special at all. I got it just for the bottle, big mistake.
And, please, doesn't smell like Dune by Dior!! For those who does, try sniffing again.

Marcos Oliveira

sempre que uso minha esposa gruda no meu pescoço,parece muito com Fierce Abercrombie...muito elegante e casual,o floral dele não estabelece sozinho,a fragancia é agradavel,aromatica e sútil.

George1
George1

Smells good. Positive compliments. A tip. If u want a girl to like you, get scents like this something That has some fruity and sweet on it. Or like Versace, Lacoste essential well you have an idea. Another tip if u want to get longevity put some lotion on spray ur fav cologne on two on the neck and one on each wrist. There's more Tips if uwish to hear some more feel free to mesage me.

DemetriaNatasya
DemetriaNatasya

I really love this one. It was my favourite!!! It has special scents and truly a legend! *o*

ITS juan
ITS juan

Reminds me of middle school when I used axe orion
Its bin done before. Also to musky like "bod body sprays".
I smelled the A&F and it is simular in the musk but I think this one is better.

konradont
konradont

I have no idea how A&F Fierce smells like but for me this fragrance is a perfect copy of Chanel Allure Homme Sport, 3x cheaper though. On my skin sillage and longevity is comparable so I can only recommend it. Good for office wear. Great value for price.

kuba

tested it on pepper but it was nothing really like fierce!!!.its something like an italian body sprays or it could be an air fresh thing!.BEING CONFUSED i would render it so ordinary like PRESENCE.

magnusmagnus
magnusmagnus

When I hit a great shot in golf you can just feel it hit the sweet spot, it just feels right, well that's like this fragrance; it hits the sweet spot of my senses. For me this is balanced better than anything else I have ever smelt, it's just amazing, it's almost smells nostalgic and yet I've never smelt it before. For me it's like Abercrombie & Finch's Fierce apart from polished and more balanced- where Fierce blasts this hovers and looms and teases. I almost didn't want to write this review because I don't want too many people wearing it but to be completely honest I just can't help myself ranting and raving about it!!

Marcos Oliveira

perfume maravilhoso de fixação muito boa,a mulher que encostar em voce vai ficar viciada em te cheirar com certeza...muito similar ao Fierce Abercrombie...sútil depois de 40 minutos,em tempos de clima no máximo 27 graus projeta melhor ate a segunda hora na pele...não deixa o rastro que o Fierce deixa,mas é ótimo,mais elegante que o Fierce.
Aroma/Fragancia : 9/10
Projeção/Silagem :8/10
Fixação/Durabilidade : 9,5/10
Geral : 9/10

Manolete
Manolete

This smells exactly like playboy new york!!!! Try both at the same time and see.

not insolence
not insolence

За МЪЖА,когото аз ''нося''...И честно казано,първо заобичвам него,а после-парфюма му.И ако ще да не си слага-просто да ми мирише на него си-когато се върне от работа,когато се е изкъпал,или след като се е събудил.
Идеята ми е,че за мен няма голям смисъл да си слагам парфюм,за да впечатлявам кого да е,щом няма с кого да смеся мириса си.

П.П.И май е по-добре,Той да носи одеколон-така ще мога да го усещам отдалеч или да се затичам след него-по ''дирята'' на парфюма му.

Samstac57
Samstac57

Strait bomb I had 4 very good looking ladies ask what I had on because it stopped them in their tracks... Panty dropper forsure.

SoapyScentGuy
SoapyScentGuy

Great clean and fresh scent. It also has a soapiness to it that I really enjoy. I don't know anything about A&F Fierce but what I do know is this smells similar to the A&F store when I walk by it at the mall. This smell is a little more refined or classy. It lasts long and projects a little bit strong. Has probably turned into one of my favorites.

Marcos Oliveira

bom perfume,para mim o melhor da MONT BLANC , sexy e irmão de fierce abercrombie,porém projeta mais perto da pele. fragancia masculina muito potente pra que esta perto de voce,suave a um braço de distancia,casual,moderna e elegante.
frutado e floral.
aroma/fragancia : 8,5/10
projeção/silagem : 7,5/10
fixação/durabilidade : 8/10

limited Edition
limited Edition

When I think of Mont Blanc , images of high quality pens and St.Bernard dogs with tiny whiskey barrels around their necks ,rescuing trapped alpine skiers come to mind.

when I had the opportunity of testing the fragrance , well I was some what disappointed.

Great bottle , high end label and reputation, average fragarnce..sorry MB..it aint no avalanc

james4sk8
james4sk8

alright ima be honest with u guys when i first tried this cologne i wasnt to big of a fan. but after receiving countless compliments from females i quickly changed my mind!
i was recently at a party and some college aged girls said i smelt "sexual" and "f#$%in amazing" and that they could smell me a few feet away.
i walked with my head up way high the rest of the night full of confidence!
great cologne! ladies love it!
true pantie dropper!

Adela7
Adela7

two words: not legendary!
very common, unoriginal fragrance.

iranperfumer
iranperfumer

این رایحه بسیار خوش بو والی برای استفاد افراد عادی میباشد که تمایل دارند در مرحله اول از استشمام آن خوش آیند باشد شیرین دلفریب برای زمانی کوتاه ومشابه بسیار زیادی دارد

kida2010
kida2010

Im not sure how people find much variant in this, its basically A&F's fierce. Side by side comparison fierce just feels slightly denser to me and maybe more concerntrated.
But yeah its a godsend to the UK as Fierce is still very hard to come by and pretty pricey so i can pick this up from anywhere!

antonpan

Ivano, PS Optimistic is a full copy of Platinum Egoiste. So the difference between Optimistic and MB Legend is the same as between PE and Legend. Legend is fruitier, sweeter.

rogerio067072
rogerio067072

In my opinion it smells like davidoff cool water, nothing superb. Comparing with exceptionnel, presence and individuel, for me, it is a total waste of my money.
I was waiting something different like vetiver from guerlain, seemed strange at first then i got used to it, just like smalto, but this mont blanc is a real shame, so common sense.

Lance
Lance

It's 99,9% similar to A&F Fierce, only a little little bit darker and richer I guess, a better bottle as well (I freaking hate the Fierce bottle).

ScentedFox
ScentedFox

IT SMELLS FRESH AND CLASSIC FOR MEN NOTHING UNUSUAL OR LIKE A CHAMPION? VS LEGEND ETC SO FRAGRANCEON GUYS

Osrockoo
Osrockoo

nice autumn leaves scent on guys, its casual, definitely not a night out scent , the smell reminds of leaves or some indian leaf cigarette and its a warm scent, lacoste blanc is a light soapy version of this

WhiteCatPink
WhiteCatPink

This is a masterpiece, and a new fragrance that I am extremely excited about. It is a classic Fougére, and it smells wonderful on my skin. I have noticed people downplaying this fragrance, labeling it an A&F Fierce knockoff at best, a 'weak deodorant' and 'Axe' smell at worst. Nolo contendre! What I will assess, though, is that fragrances will smell different on different people, because of different chemistry, hormones, etc. I smelled this fragrance in this month's GQ magazine and fell immediately in love, which does not happen often. I know my personal scent category well enough to know that the Lavender and Bergamot in the top notes combined with the Oakmoss and Coumarin in the heart, and Tonka Bean and Sandalwood in the drydowns make for an exquisite blend with my chemistry. Indeed, I tested it out tonight and went dancing. I got positive compliments from a bunch of hot girls, ranging from "you smell DELICIOUS" to "god, you smell amazing, what IS that?" and everything in between. So I say, go with what the girls like. As for Fierce, I love that fragrance, too, but it is different from Mont Blanc on me. Legend is more smooth, refined and sophisticated, and thus the personal best. But always put it directly on the skin to get the true essence. Paper will only give a reference point. Any fragrance needs to dry down on the skin for ten minutes or so to reveal exactly what it will smell like on the particular individual. I will be making this a regular part of my collection for years to come. From a 'nose' with 24 years' practice.

fisken23
fisken23

Is it just me or does this masterpiece smell a little bit like Axe Africa... ? :/

sildo.neto
sildo.neto

A sweeter version of Chanel's Egoiste Platinum. Somewhat sweeter and softer, has a kind of "majesty" aspect to it, a white waura. Projection is very good, logevity at least 8 hours. For the well succeded and calm man.

lockdown
lockdown

Can someone tell me this smells like Claiborne sport

partan.iran
partan.iran

بوی نزدیکی به آنتونیو بندراس.گلدن سکرتش داره کمی
ضمن اینکه بوش فروتی هست ،فلورال هم هست و بوی گلها حس میشه توش
بوی نسبتا شیک و لذت بخشی داره....

SmokinYodas
SmokinYodas

Good smell for a man and a nice sillage if you use 3 or 4 spays of it. A lady at one of the retail stores said she likes this perfume on her Man. She might have sold me on it because she was very attractive…

Anyway, I was given a few samples to try at home. I've asked a few ladies at work and all of them said it smells good. I'm in agreeance with others here that the aroma is kind of like Abercrombie Fitch fierce, but it's still missing a few notes and longevity.

junior halston
junior halston

A very light watered down international version of USA Abercrombie & Fitch's Fierce cologne.

My advice if you like this try Fierce it will blow your socks off....or should I say A&F underwear.....

milkyway

it's a real fruity explosion. to be honest, i did not expect this to come out from mont blanc. the bottle is also reminiscent of something darker and spicier..a bit more tobacco and tonka bean would've done it good, and maybe a bit of toning down of apple and pineapple.
overall it's quite a fun and pleasant smell more suitable for younger audience. it's a tad too fruity to be a classy male scent in my opinion, but it's fun and could be perfect for everyday use..

yacoco
yacoco

للبيع شبه جديد مع اني ماانصح
only the the start is good
then it change to something bad
for sale or swap

raihanasalways
raihanasalways

well i dont like this at all. this is not original. there are lots other perfume available with the same smnall. and this is not that long lasting. fades pretty quick. i like other perfumes from this house but legend is surely dont have anything to be a legend. bad work Mont Blanc

dylan505
dylan505

i like this one.. perfect for my age...this one is perfect for teenagers.. :)

evilspin
evilspin

Dang I'm good, I sampled this the other day and as the day went I smelled my arm and told myself "this is pretty good, it reminds me of the smell of the Abercrombie store but more masculine and high end version". I come on here to learn more of Mont Blanc and to my surprise...people also described this to fierce. :)

jtappenden

Purchased today,this is a masterpiece of the French perfumiers' art.Subtle & uplifting notes & accords create a wonderful men's fragrance.

kweemeng
kweemeng

It started off like Aramis New West but later becomes green to me. I like the top note but the base note is green therefore i do not like this.

Kain
Kain

It's a good sweet and fruity fragrance.
I don't like fruity fragrances but this is a good one with so pleasant smell.
Start with sweet pineapple and some apple notes.
It's not synthetic. it's well balanced.
In the drydown and base some floral notes comes in but the fruity and sweet notes are dominating here and anything else is in the background!
Great projection at the start but very soon become skin scent. the longevity is above average.
Good fragrance but it's so generic! there are tons of fragrances out there that smell like this.
Not my cup of tea!
And this fragrance is similar to Creed Aventus only for a few minutes at the start because of the pineapple note. after that they are completely different!
يه عطر خوشبو با رايحه ميوه ها
در ابتدا بوي شيرين و جذاب آناناس و سيب ميده
در ادامه بوش خيلي فرق نميكنه و فقط در اواخر كمي بوي گلها بهش اضافه ميشه اما رايحه هاي ميوه ها و رايحه هاي شيرين اينقدر قوي هستن كه بقيه رايحه ها رو كور ميكنن
پخش بوي مناسب و ماندگاري متوسطي داره
شخصا از عطرهاي ميوه اي زياد خوشم نمياد و خيلي عطرهاي ديگه هستن كه همچين بويي ميدن

Linden
Linden

A fresh, mellow aromatic/woody, with a subdued fruity sweetness that is pleasant and interesting. I get a bit of A&B Fierce but MBL is sweeter, less citrus and not as smoky.

I was trying to figure this one out; something so very familiar about it... definitely... but what? Then my friend arrived and I let her smell it, she asked if I had already sprayed myself with it, but I hadn't. The sales-clerk leaned in a bit and confirmed that he also saw a resemblance, odd I thought, then it hit me... I was wearing Curve! We compared the two side-by-side and found that Legend is almost identical, only a touch sharper; more woody-spicy.
How ironic that I couldn't place it LOL I've been wearing Curve for years.

marioslg3
marioslg3

I checked this today and immediately identified the fruity note. the perfume has not been tested on the skin yet but will do so tomorrow. It came to my mind, once i smelled it, creed Aventus. I dont know how close or far this is from Aventus finally, but the pineapple and the apple are there. It is a sweet perfume but not terribly sweet. It is just the right amount of sweetness there and I would say that i liked it. For me, this does not smell like Platinum but will revert on that once i try it tomorrow. I know platinum in and out, i used it for several years and every day so my opinion will value. I tested it also with Baldessarini Ambre and Custom by Dunhill. It is a different perfume, custom smells similar to Ambre but not with this one.
UPDATE: I would say that this does not smell like platinum...it has something from platinum, maybe the geranium but not, it is not the same....It is a pleasant scent but i would say that I was expecting something more....longevity, sillage etc. It is not a bad perfume but at the same time, is not something ground breaking...I would say that is rather a safe perfume and can be used all year round. At the end you get some from the fruits, pineapple and apple....together with some wood....it does not remind Aventus at the extend I was expecting. The smokey, leathery touch of Aventus is missing...and this is wat matters....

Rankn504
Rankn504

This is pretty much FIERCE really it is just alot cheaper..

alex.ginhoux
alex.ginhoux

There's strong woody, mossy side which prevails on the whole scent.
Instead i would rather like they upbeat the too discrete delicious fruity tone.

Not bad but won't buy a new one, a bit suffocating for me.

If you like strong woody to the edge of oriental fragance, it's surely for you.

fr0st
fr0st

i love it..just like armani mania and boss bottled

Unfinished
Unfinished

To my nose, Legend is almost an exact duplication of Abercrombie's Fierce.

trinity13
trinity13

similar with Fierce - Abercrombie & Fitch

vinisantosrs
vinisantosrs

Very fresh and fruity, I can feel the apple all the time, first time wearing it, staying power seems ok, but projection seems poor. A simple fragrance for working or walking on the streets, not my kind.

RodneyLampião
RodneyLampião

well i love it, not that unicity u can find a lot similar with this one, but it's a good choice...

LaVandula29
LaVandula29

I bought this today.

I prefer fragrances which can be worn by either sex and I like lavender, bergamot and geranium top & middle notes, with a woody base.

My previous favourites have been CK Be and Davidoff Cool Water.

I don't know yet if this will be one I will stay with, but so far I like it.

(Some years ago I told a French assistant in a parfumiers that I liked lavender top notes, and she looked at me scornfully, like I was a mad old lady. But then, she was about 18.)

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

This has echoes of both Creed Aventus and Chanel Platinum Egoiste. If you are going to echo something, you could do worse. Starts out with a fruity almost incensey top, but quickly morphs into a nice apple and rose hue. This is far better than anything aquatic or in the vein of the old mainstream, and yes, I would wear this. For the price, you really can't go wrong with this. Fair longevity and moderate sillage. Nice, safe linear work scent that is not only fresh, but has something vaguely intriguing. If this is indicative of things to come this year, I am liking the direction mainstream is taking.
UPDATE: I really love the opening of this fragrance, but it dries down into a boring generic, albeit safe and pleasant, scent. I wish it stayed linear like the opening for the life of the fragrance. I would have even bought it then.
I have heard others say this is similar to A&F Fierce, and I think it really is.

MrMookie
MrMookie

Got it a few months ago, bought a 50 ml I thought it had that same odd spice as used in Mont blancs Presence in the beginning but no in the dry down,it was a very decent and safe office scent. not bad but certainly not that good.
Im certainly not gonna remember this one.
I used it and i never had that wow-factor feeling when applied... just 'ok'
Not worth the money i spent on it.
This one was a one-timer (or its a really bargain so i could buy a 100 ml )

Bartek87
Bartek87

I tried sample. This fragrance is amazing! Very fresh and clean like Egoiste Platinum. Masterpiece :) Longevity is good (7-8h), but sillage is wonderful. I must buy.

Waqas
Waqas

Its alot refreshing but it reminds me of 212 (green) . u can simply say its the replacement. but over all its a good one..... for men and its long lasting not alot that hard that it hurt your brain.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

Fresh, a tad fruity, the resin blends well and aren't overpowering, the contrast is mixed gently and isn't too much of anything. One of the better manly scents I've come across lately. Makes me think of an energetic, youthful salesman or consultant. This
Smell would subconsciously impress clients and and interviewers.
I've smelt it before, its one of those scents that says "yes, You've noticed me often enough and therea a reason for it; cus I'm goooood"

happychub
happychub

well this is davidoff champion mixed with boss orange

I think I found my next best Mont Blanc. This fragrance opens with a (re)freshness with bergamot and pineapple. They are not sharp and invigorating like they normally are. The scent is so clean and it will get more fruity sweet with apple and tonka bean. Rose is great here as well. This is not a very masculine scent. It's very casual and quite young and romantic. It's not spicy, not woody, nor citrus summery. In addition, this reminds me a tiny bit of Creed Aventus but not as nice (Aventus is still my No.1)

Remark: A day later,the paper test strip smells more like Gucci Guilty pour Homme, especially the lavendar part. Ugh (-_-)!

vizestro
vizestro

sex in a bottle

Brettyboy
Brettyboy

I smelt this in Harrods today and like some of the reviewers have stated thtis smells like a total rip-off of Egoiste platinum. What is it with fragrance companies ripping-off a fragrance that is nearly 20 years old? The new Paul Smith Optimistic is a dead-ringer and now this. Abercrombie & Fitch did EP with a twist with Fierce and gave it a youthful sporty vibe but these two have just tried to replicate EP but just not as good.

MQS
MQS

smells like egoiste platinum ..

Cid1204
Cid1204

Not bad! I was expecting something dark, but was pleasantly surprised by really good variation to Chanel L Bleau. Definitely worth trying!

antonpan

Sure, the new tendency in the male perfumery is to make clones of Chanel's Egoiste Platinum. Last year we had Davidoff Champion, a cheap variation of EP, this year we have Montblanc Legend. The fragrance lies somewhat in the middle between EP and Davidoff Champion. It is not so agressive and synthetic as Champion, but at the same time it is sweeter and more fruity than EP. Would like to gladden those who afraid of pineapples: the note of this fruit is not clear here, the scent is strong - and masculine in a modern tradition.

As for me I like Legend more than EP and DC (but I'm primordially fond of fruity scents). Ladies like Legend least of all.

The sillage is wonderful, the longevity is not impressive.

Legend by Mont Blanc 4.01 out of 5 based on 940 ratings and 192 user reviews

Montblanc Legend Perfume by Mont Blanc, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Montblanc Legend Perfume by Mont Blanc, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Montblanc Legend Cologne by Mont Blanc, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Montblanc Legend Cologne by Mont Blanc, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Montblanc Legend Cologne by Mont Blanc, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Men
MONT BLANC LEGEND for MEN by Mont Blanc EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ
MONT BLANC LEGEND for MEN by Mont Blanc EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ
Montblanc Legend Perfume by Mont Blanc, 2.5 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Montblanc Legend Perfume by Mont Blanc, 2.5 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Montblanc Legend Cologne by Mont Blanc, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Special Edition for Men
Montblanc Legend Cologne by Mont Blanc, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Mont Blanc Legend Eau De Toilette Spray 2014 Special Edition 100ml 3.3oz
Eau De Toilette 5oz
MONT BLANC LEGEND for MEN by Mont Blanc EDT SPRAY 5 OZ
MONT BLANC LEGEND for MEN by Mont Blanc EDT SPRAY 5 OZ

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Mont Blanc Legend fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Mont Blanc Legend, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Legend by Mont Blanc. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Legend by Mont Blanc represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.