Designers » M » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Aoud Collection - Aoud Flowers Montale for men

Aoud Collection - Aoud Flowers Montale for men
dislike

oud
Aoud Collection - Aoud Flowers Montale for men Pictures Aoud Collection - Aoud Flowers Montale for men Pictures

Aoud Flowers is launched in 2008 as one of the collection of six new fragrances by Montale. Three of those fragrances belong to Aoud Collection, while the other three come within the regular fragrance line of the house.

This fragrance includes notes of rose absolute and geranium flowers mixed with luxurious Guaiac wood and teakwood. The masculinity of this fragrance is tamed with a hint of fresh aroma of Sicilian bergamot and sensual musk. The fragrance comes as 100ml (3.4 fl.oz.) EDP.

The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Montale.

Geranium Guaiac Wood Bergamot Rose Teak Wood Musk Agarwood (Oud)

Aoud Collection - Aoud Flowers Fragrance Reviews

elena.kurlaviciute
elena.kurlaviciute

For me it was kind of a disaster - way too strong and way too heavy. I'm glad that I bought only a sample, and I will it away to my friend...

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

Either my manufacturer's sample is off too, or I am smelling the reformulated "cheap synthetic mess"...or maybe I just don't like geranium and aoud together. Whichever is the case, this is way too sharp and green and synthetic in the opening for me to bear. It smells exactly like an old perfume with citrus top notes that have turned rancid. I had to wash it off and surprisingly, it washed off easily! I expected it to cling to my skin, but it did not. So I am guessing I have the reformulated version in my sample vial.

judyk
judyk

Well, I never.

I received a second hand sample (not decant) of Aoud Flowers and it was OFF! That's the first time that's happened. Vintage minis, yes, but a retail sample of a perfume that only came out 5 years ago?

I'm a bit disappointed but I didn't pay much for it - I'll just have to scout out another one. ;-)

Cereza
Cereza

I like this, I like this very, very much. It is clearly a unisex and would be suited for females with no doubt. The rose and aoud combo is lovely, geranium gives this green and interesting edge making me want to sniff this all the time. Of course as usually with Montale's rose-aoud perfumes - silage and longevity is superb.

Unfortunately it is way too sharp for the first hour, such a pity, but I would never wait an hour for a perfume to get wearable for me. Yes, it is very beautiful for the first hour as well, but because of the monster silage and sharpness I had to keep my wrist way away from my nose as I did not want to sneeze all the time.

CDGfan
CDGfan

Starts off very floral and rosy but within an hour it turns into a very woody and incense laden scent. I detect Frankincense mainly. I would categorize this is as unisex leaning towards the masculine. The drydown really reminded me of mens florals from the late 70s and early 80s. A

UPDATE:
This has been reformulated and now smells like a cheap synthetic mess, the frankincense is not there. All it has become is a Geranium and Synthetic Musk.
I blind bought this thinking it was like the sample I had, but this is just too harsh. Its like wearing Raid on your skin. AVOID !!

Norgirl
Norgirl

A beauty indeed . I totaly like this .. To me this is a Dark Rose deligth. kind off oily.. i guess this is the way i will know the Oud.. Kind off oily rosy. like a sheet sprincleed whit rose pettals .. there is a woody feal to it and a bit off musk. i can not detect so much Geranium. (thank G.. ) i dont like that to much in perfumes..
To me this is not masculin , but rather grown up ladylike

I like the almost smoky dark feal this rose gets whit the Oud. totaly love it actualy.. This is one off the best i have tryed from Montales so far

marcos-2011
marcos-2011

really loved this one,it has less incense than the others,it´s flowery ina masculine way,will buy again.

AOUD FLOWERS is another beautiful floral composition from Montale but, again, it’s not very aoudy at all. This one reminds me a bit of AOUD ROSE PETALS with less of the green rose bush components and more of an ever-so-slightly brown-grassy aspect. The flowers in the composition—rich rose geranium along with rose—seem slightly dried without being dusty. There is a depth here which I find quite appealing, although this perfume does not develop very much and seems in some ways rather simple. The longevity is good, and I keep finding my nose at my wrist sniffing in more and more of the loveliness of AOUD FLOWERS.

The key here, as in the other Montale creations I’ve tried so far, is in the high quality of the components. I cannot say that I find this revolutionary or iconic, but it is exquisite all the same. Definitely recommended for fine floral fragrance lovers.

sherry99
sherry99

Well want to try this, hope it is exactly what i am thinking :::))))

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

Pretty flowers scent. I prefer the masterpiece Black Aoud, but I think this is a worthy buy for myself as a flower fragrance, greatly blended, gently borderline masculine-feminine one, I love it! (edited)
To be re sample...

Kterhark
Kterhark

This is a little too sharp for me, unfortunately. The dry down is better than the half hour opening, but I have Aoud Red Flowers on one wrist and this on the other, and it just isn't competing very well. I"m a big fan of floral woody musks, but this one isn't grabbing me. Ah well, glad I tried it.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Montale Aoud Collection - Aoud Flowers fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Montale Aoud Collection - Aoud Flowers, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Aoud Collection - Aoud Flowers by Montale. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Aoud Collection - Aoud Flowers by Montale represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.