Designers » M » Woody Spicy « Groups

Aoud Lime Montale for women and men

Aoud Lime Montale for women and men
dislike

oud
Aoud Lime Montale for women and men Pictures Aoud Lime Montale for women and men Pictures

A sensual and noble note of oud from the mountains of Pakistan is softened with fresh floral notes of Indian rose and Italian orris. The warm dry down mixes sandal and patchouli leaves with a spicy touch of saffron. The perfume starts with a fresh note of rose, then patchouli gives its strength and warmth to the composition. The note of oud starts with herbaceous accords and then becomes darker and sharper, it blends perfect with rose in rich and powerful harmony. Aoud Lime as the rest of Montale fragrances is a very longlasting fragrance. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Montale.

Agarwood (Oud) Rose iris Patchouli Sandalwood Amber Saffron

Musk Rose

Aoud Lime Fragrance Reviews

Sephmosh
Sephmosh

The dry down reminds me of Chanel's Coromandel. This is my favourite oud perfume !

kanak
kanak

Montale Aoud Lime is not a citrus aoud combination as the name might suggest but a pretty much smoother version of Black Aoud. Apart from the top notes, the heart and base are identical to my nose. Rose, aoud, patchouli is mostly what I get. Same fantastic projection and longevity, 1 spray to the chest and you are good to go for the rest of the day! If you live in a warm country, do not spray more or you will irritate everybody around you in a 10 foot radius, projects like a charging horde of Mongols up people's noses in the heat! 1 spray gives you a beautiful composition of roses and oud which envelopes you in a cloud all day. I prefer this to Black Aoud. 8.5/10

Stallone Italiano
Stallone Italiano

a napalm bomb!

Mr Cornells
Mr Cornells

Nice and intelligent reviews I'm getting about this Aoud Lime by Montale! But is it a cologne one could blind buy? I understand it's really long lasting like other offerings from the stable of Montale!

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

One of the better Aoud scents from Montale. I get earthiness with a touch of sweetness with the oud. The oud is a bit more tamed making this more enjoyable as other notes get to shine. In particular the patch combined with saffron is lovely. I have not tries Black Aoud but I will put this on my want list.

Swanker
Swanker

There is something about the drydown of this fragrance that stuns me like no other perfume I've worn. However, if applied too heavily (as I did on my first trial) it becomes cloying, almost sickening. From a distance, it is sublime. I am led to believe that using a small amount results in a more satisfying wear. Will report back.

Shibor
Shibor

I's a scent with a typical (medicinic) Montale oud. The combination with green notes is well done.
There is indeed an authentic impression of smelling lime (especially at the beginning), although there is no lime in the scent pyramide. That makes the fragrance interesting.
Compared to Black Aoud, the rose is here much brighter. Some will find the rose scent synthetic. In this point, it's up to the person to make its own opinion.
Thats why it's highly recommended to make a test before purchase.

esteban747
esteban747

Well, I don't smell lime. But I do smell something abrasive, I guess because of the combination of saffron and agarwood.
After a couple of minutes becomes softer, maintaining a green vibe but not in a light and fresh way, more like raw, wild as if you mix grass, leaves, dirt and wet woods.
The name of this fragrance may be misleading (in my opinion), Orange Aoud has citrus notes, but Aoud Lime don't. This is a spicy/floral scent. The rose keeps the fiery notes subdued.
The most enjoyable part of this perfume is the dry down.

BITE MY TONGUE UPDATE: Guess what. Today I tried Aoud Lime at work and at least three people ask me what I was wearing. the strange thing is that at first I don't think they thought it was a perfume, it was more like a "something smells really good in here". So, besides my initial review I have to say that Aoud Lime is working for me.

Pierre Montale's credentials are unquestionable for me are far as Oud perfumes are concerned. Even if not all to my taste the artistry and quality is always apparent.
I'm amazed at how diverse the fragrance collection is with what is quite a limited range of notes he seems to play with the accords of things like Oud, rose and leather within themselves creating a wealth of new bases for fragrances and somehow retaining a signature.
Opening with... surprise, surprise lime. Yes I read the notes on this page before I tried it and was disappointed not to find lime there. So imagine my joy when it was there... Harmony in the universe had been restored!
It's not a citrus more like those chocolate (probably patchouli) lime sweets you can get. (which I actually don't care for!)
And call me mad but the opening has a malty whisky vibe to it to me just for a moment.
Aoud lime features yet another take on Oud coupled with Rose and patchouli. When the rose starts out it's a rose lovers dream but frankly too much for me. The patchouli in this creates an earthy dirty vibe which is carried into the dry down when the rose settles right back it's pure Oud and filthy patchouli, very dark indeed. There's a spiceness to it which keeps it sharp despite all that wood and mud.
Insane longevity and projection as with every Montale I've ever sampled.

Malix
Malix

Oud in Pakistan.....? However elegant fragrance. Replica of expensive Guerlain private collection.

erkanarda
erkanarda

it is not montale aoud lime it is "montale aoud rose",from beginning till the end the rose is dominant note of the perfume.A little bit aoud is with it.its quality cannot be criticized but I think this one is more suitable for my woman friends not for me.

Flair voyant
Flair voyant

This is the BEST MONTALE ever!

I worry that future formulations will eventually diminish its PERFECT qualities!

Is it better than Black Aoud? YES,and by far...
I have tested both, side by side, in many instances, during two years, (cold/warm weather, rain or shine, day or night, sad or happy...), and...

Aoud Lime has gained, by far, because of its more splendid aura and dry down than Black Aoud, which happens to be a bit sweet, hence the blackness needed to dampen/balance some of the rose jam essence note, causing some olfactory attritions to its dry down(i.e. that sophisticated dry down note of the Aoud Lime is unfortunately not present in the Black Aoud!)

Besides, Aoud Lime has a UNIQUE tempo of development that renders its projection so versatile, adapting to weather changes, humidity, and entourage: it is like having a smart olfactory device that knows when to emanate! Seriously...

Ora, that does not mean that Black Aoud is not up to its fame; this is just a bottom line comparison to those who would like a definite answer to commit to only one: either the Lime, or the Black Aoud?

I have opted for the Lime Aoud after having tried, in thirty years, most of the rose-ouud based perfumes, within the $100 per once range.

This is the BEST MONTALE ever!

Is it better than Black Aoud? YES,and by far...

CDGfan
CDGfan

People from India will know this smell its very identical to some brands of Masala Incense sticks from Southern India often burned in household temples.

steve0580
steve0580

I'm having a hard time telling Aoud Lime and Black Aoud apart. They both have the strong, dark aoud power and a floral note as well.

I don't really smell lime in the dry down at all.

mossyoakpenn
mossyoakpenn

I definitely like this one. Im working my way sampling through some Montales. It opens with lime and oud together. Even though there is no lime it must be from everything combined. As it slowly starts to dry down 2.5 hours in I get the rose, oud, and sandalwood combined with some other notes that I couldn't identify yet. Its nice to me in the drydown because it goes from a the Lime smell to softly detecting each individual note back to Lime and on and on and on. Good projection for 6 hours then it turns into a skin scent on me and goes away completely at about 8 hours.

johnnybr0801
johnnybr0801

Very sensual fragrance, however I get a kinda "church" vibe, dont know, maybe its just me but I feel like walking through a temple's rose garden, after rain. More like a divine feeling. Believe me, anywhere you go they will notice you and in a good way! Definetely not for everybody, very unique and maybe not as much of a crowd pleaser, but we are perfume-lovers here...soo who cares about the "crowd"? :)

singlemalt
singlemalt

Montale is very hit or miss for me.I don't get warm spicy. I don't get rose, sandalwood, saffron or amber. I get a slap in your face, ice pick to the brain lime which thankfully doesn't last long. Citrus usually doesn't. Then I'm left with oud, just oud, just the Montale oud. I thought maybe I should give it the usual two try. But why bother. I thought maybe it would make a good room spray. But why bother at all. Just a not very good Montale oud.

Arbre Amer
Arbre Amer

An acidic slap on the face and a bandaid to make it all better afterwards. Very strong opening that soon morphs into a nice if a bit one dimensional leathery scent. The later stage is quite subdued and uninteresting. All I get is a screeching chemical amber. I wish they had calibrated projection better in this one. It starts very loud and evolves in a whisper. Should you wear a little or a lot?

Darwish
Darwish

AOUD LIME together with ATTAR rules all Aouds of Montale. It's perfect, flawless and impeccable composition with only the best essential oils and aroma compounds!

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

This is a show stopping aoud, guaranteed to get you noticed. The heavy oudh note is complimented well by the pungent 'lime', giving this a fresh invigorating scent. I loved my sample of Aoud Lime but it's not a fragrance I would wear often because it's so powerful. If I do invest in a bottle, I'll keep this for special occasions.

marcos-2011
marcos-2011

this one is one of the most luxurious fragrance of montale collection,when i wear it,i receive a lot of compliments.it´s intense and so elegant and very very long lasting,the sillage is out of this world,one of the best perfumes of the world with sure.

For anyone (including myself) who find Black Aoud to be amazing but can't stand its huge rose note on the skin, Aoud Lime could be a valid alternative. To the typical Montale's opening has been added strident lime note that while lurking in the back it remarkably declares its presence working as an ultrasonic whisper. The strong medicinal aroma juxtaposed to the lime's acidic freshness is pretty weird indeed but absolutely compelling to my nose. After an hour or so, the rose note makes its appearance but it's not overwhelming or as prominent as it is in Black Aoud. It's instead well blended with patchouli and oud to create an amazing accord that is going to last for quite a while. In the meantime, in the very background, I still get the fascinating juxtaposition of lime but in this phase it sounds more like someone who's playing a thirteenth on the main accord in another room. Amazing.

Surely not an easy wear for its intensity and weirdness, but still a great composition. Well Done.

Kharnak
Kharnak

My Mom seems to love it.. i dislike it. It's strong and rather Mature feminine i say. It has a slight rummy Boozy alcoholic tone to it that i don't like.. I can understand how it's likeable, it's quite fresh, but not in a bright daylight way. I'm thinking dark Oriental den lounge.

Cereza
Cereza

I find it too sharp and too masculine for my taste. I find this wearable only for a man in, dunno which occasions. Can't imagine how this would work on man's skin.
I can definetely feel the sharp aoud and lime, for me there is no patchouli and rose present. There is no powdery iris or warm sandalwood. Only incensy, smoky aoud and sharp, fresh lime.

Not for me.

Update:

Surprise, even if I dislike it I still feel allured by it, so I won't scrub it off. It's very addictive.

juliane
juliane

very nice, but really a bit masculine. the lime is not so in the foreground, it's a strong aoud here.
good for mature women and some men.

Gosha
Gosha

Due to lack of better words I have to say that this is very interesting. Quite unusual and a little sharp, but somehow on me it's a touch too masculine and I do like to wear slightly masculine fragrances sometimes too, but in this case I think that I would prefer it on a man. Possibly I would even find this a bit unnerving (in a very good way!) on a man! :-D The later stages - when the strong notes have mellowed and softened are gorgeous!

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

I like the aoud here. For now (I have to sample ALL Montale's) this is the closest one to Black Aoud for his strengh and sillage. I prefer Black Aoud, but this is great fresh-strong-woody with a touch of lime, I am surprised...

4,5/5

BrokenSwordii
BrokenSwordii

very formal, very oriental, yet so classy, suitable for winter only in formal occasions like wedding or Eid (of course I am talking about GCC region)

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Montale Aoud Lime fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Montale Aoud Lime, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Aoud Lime by Montale. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Aoud Lime by Montale represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.