Designers » M » Woody Spicy « Groups

Aoud Musk Montale for women and men

Aoud Musk Montale for women and men
dislike

oud

Aoud Musk is an elegant blend of saffron, ebony, vetiver and amber notes, placed on the base of sensual musk and agar.

Available as 50 and 100 ml EDP. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Montale.

Saffron Ebony Wood vetyver Amber Musk Agarwood (Oud)

Duro
Gao

Aoud Musk Fragrance Reviews

vaibsankhla
vaibsankhla

Saffron bomb!!

This is beautiful stuff!

I get oud and saffron.
Saffron starts of very heavy, natural and slightly sweet.
Oud plays a supporting role and both of them run the show.

The first time I smelled it, it put a grin on my face!

The woodyness is nice but I feel near the end (7-8 hour mark) falls a bit flat with dull sweet, musky odor to finish things off.

For majority of its life it's very impressive but the end leaves me thinking that there is something cheap--?synthetic oud left behind.

I think I am being a bit too padentic, because for a majority of its long stay it smells very natural.

Solid performance 10 hr with near beast projection

Colder months only.
Overall 8/10
Opening and mid first 7 hours 10/10

On a precautionary note- this is very middle eastern/Indian type of smell so you may find it too daring to wear in western countries. In this case my advice would be to go light on the trigger! But definitely dont be discouraged to have a go!

Russian's man
Russian's man

Like many fragrances by Montale it's has the medicinal character of the oud very present. Aoud Musk for me it's quite manly since I perceive a remarkable earthy and musky aspects. Mainly, I detect saffron, amber, musk and oud.

In conclusion, a dark fragrance with character. I recommend it for cold weather since due to thickness for hot weather can be overwhelming.

Scent: 8
Longevity: 9
Projection: 9
Sillage: 8
Uniqueness: 6
Versatility: 6

Overall: 7,66

Oldspice
Oldspice

My Montale journey began as with many others with Black Aoud. I was intrigued by it and loved Montale's treatment of oud more than any others I've tried up to that point, including vintage M7. But the rose killed it for me. I set out to find a Montale for me. Dark Aoud and a few others didn't do anything for me and then I found Aoud Musk and it was instant love.

I've heard rumors of reformulation and the bottle I recently purchased does seem a little weaker. Not quite the nuclear strength I remember but still ample.

AdamFElix
AdamFElix

I can see that people think this is like Duro. For me Duro is much better. I bought a 20 ml of Aoud Musk thinking it could replace Duro. It cannot.
Aoud Musk is harsh and almost sickening. Duro is much greener and more fresh.
Duro is a green field of grass.
Aoud Musk is a dark swamp.

highroller
highroller

Aoud Musk by Montale: A blast of all the notes explode together like an erupting volcano spewing it's deliciously aromatic sillage to all the known lands around you. Everyone within close proximity to you will be turned to stone and they will be glad of it because the opening of this fragrance is so bloody good. It is so powerful and good you can't stop sniffing, your lungs and brain crystallizing with every deep breath. I love fragrances that are powerful, potent enough to peel paint or curl straight hair. This fragrance is that and so much more, but in a good way worthy of praise. The opening of this is that of legend. The sweet, spicy slap of Saffron, together with bright, crisp Vetiver, damp woody Oud and Ebony, and sweaty, pungent Musk, blow the roof off the house. Never fear this powerhouse does mellow down after about an hour or two, drying down to Vetiver, Oud, Musk and Amber, but I am getting an extra note not mentioned in the description. I believe I am sensing Mandarin in this mix, especially after the three hour mark, it comes out strongly and plays with the rest of the clan till the sun comes up.
This is an eyes and sinuses wide open, Wow! Fragrance, be prepared. The longevity is very, very long, the sillage is Enormous at beginning 1 to 2 hours then heavy from 2 to 3 hours, then moderate from 4 to 6, then skin scent from 6 to 12 hours, with it still being quite detectable.
Montale Aoud Musk- High Five, Bravo!

CDGfan
CDGfan

IF your looking for a manly yet modern scent, this is a definite buy.

A deep earthy, woody musky fragrance with saffron blended and some florals to smooth it out.

It has ridiculous longevity , I got 14 hours and it projects very well which is quite rare in this IFRA dominated fragrance world. The Paris concentree versions are even more potent but the retail versions, which I have are as good IMO and more wearable.

9.5/10

dylan.kohout
dylan.kohout

Wonderful stuff! Upon first spray you get a blast of saffron, followed by a medicial oud accord. After about 15 minutes the saffron disappears, and you are left with an earthy musk with an oud accord in the background. As this fragrance dries down you get a nice sexy, earthy musk. Very wearable, and only one spray will get the job done for an entire day. Those around you will thank you for wearing this!

sum888er
sum888er

opening is really strong. half an hour after its calms down. for more than 12 hours it remains the same. powder and loukoum are present like many of montales creations. rose is there also balanced with musk. but like white aoud of montale the "aoud" note is very synthetic. it's something like loukoum/rose note very common to many other montales parfum with rubber or leather or mechanics oil with smoke. but this oud smell is not oud at all.
in my opinion aoud musk is very linear and boring.
longevity is excellent as sillage.

atlaseetschristmas
atlaseetschristmas

For a long while I've been putting off trying Montale's fragrances due to the simple fact that I didn't know where to start. There are just so many that all sound so similar that it's damn near impossible to find an entry point. Eventually I decided to bite the bullet and test out Aoud Musk seeing as how I love both aoud and musk.

Opens with an extremely powerful blend of, you guessed it, oud and musk. There are some other woods thrown in there without a doubt that contribute to giving it a very earthy, naturalistic, and slightly dirty kick. Later on I started to pick up a slightly sweet saffron. Once the oud and musk soften, my skin sort of turned the two into a strange,dirty- woody-bready vibe. Interesting and totally appealing. This all hangs around for a good day or two depending on your shower schedule.

Simple, strong and effective, I am excited to try more from Montale.

landshark321
landshark321

Aoud Musk is another interesting offering from Montale, but I can't say I enjoy it as much as the others I've tried (Red Aoud, Black Aoud, Blue Amber), mainly since the musk and oud take over a little too much to make this a great blend. It leans earthier without a sweet note to balance it out initially, though the dry down is a little softer and more blended, and less acerbic than the opening.

Fans who enjoy aoud, musk, and amber will certainly find this interesting. With the amber and potentially the ebony wood as the only sources of sweetness, it leans unisex and not in the way that I'm accustomed to (with floral or sweet notes). Perhaps this takes more getting used to, or perhaps the oud/musk pairing isn't for me, but while this is good and the oud Montale DNA is present, it simply doesn't come off as pleasant and refined.

Similarly strong on projection and longevity, and worth trying if you like the other Montale Aoud entries, or like the concept of an oud/musk blend.

6 out of 10

ddadam
ddadam

This is a nuclear fragrance bom in a bottle! Max 1 or 2 sprays. With three sprays my nose starts running (probably the musk). Anyhow, after 3 or 4 hours of the nuclear blast when the molecules have vaporized a bit and settled down, it is a warm, safrony, aggarbatti. A very high class perfumed incense stick from India. I would rather use it as a room fragrance than a personal fragrance, it anyway becomes a room filler when you are wearing it. It's not really a sexy fragrance, but rather a nice comfort scent for the cold days.

cytherian
cytherian

One of the best Montale offerings in the gargantuan range of Aoud fragrances they create (something like 45!). Jefferson Starship sang "We built this city on rock 'n roll." Montale would sing "We built this company on lots of aoud!"

Pierre Montale, the founder, spent quite some time in Saudi Arabia, where he created perfumes for nobility, kings and queens. The Arabian influence is obvious, given his devotion to aoud variations.

They all start to smell the same, with subtle variations. I sampled about 5 of them, until I found Aoud Musk. I love musk, and this one just feels good, not overtly synthetic, and has pretty solid longevity with decent sillage. It's very satisfying and I'm happy I found this at a very reasonable price.

If you keep your eye out, you can occasionally find bottles of this on discount, sometimes as low as $1/1ml.

MARFUOFFICIAL
MARFUOFFICIAL

Scent - 9.0/10
Sillage - 6.5/10
Longevity - 6.5/10

Maxvonembs
Maxvonembs

EXCELLENT scent, the immediate blast smells of Heavy DRIED SAFFRON, EXACTLY. I have saffron and I smelled it right after spraying my wrist, the scent is dead on saffron at first. The transfomation this scent makes is nothing short of amazing. It goes from the earthy saffron smell to Dr. Pepper / smoked wood smell, then gives way to the amber with the opening saffron always looming. The drydown is similar to vintage M7, but much better. This is very high quality juice. It smells different depending on how close you are to the person wearing it, and this is a really cool effect that I have not noticed as much with other scents. It is almost a bit of a chameleon. Everyone who has smelled this on me loves it. BE WARNED, the initial blast is ROUGH, but 30 minutes later you are transformed. DO not base your impression on a wif from the bottle.
I would not blind buy a full bottle, but if you love serious smoked aoud, vintage M7, you should be fine.

Scent - 9.5/10
Sillage - 6.5/10
Longevity - 9/10

Highschoolrugbyboy64
Highschoolrugbyboy64

Starts off with a dirty soil like vetiver oud combo that is strong and masculine, smells a little like duro by nasomatto but not quite. This is extrememly strong but after an hour is when the magice really comes in. The fragrance sofens up a bit because a warm sweet wave of saffron, amber, and musk totally come in and make this really beautiful and sexy. I love how it keeps the componets of the oud and vetiver still to keep it masculine and unique, and not overly too sweet. But yes beast in projection and longevity one spray goes a long way with almost any montale!

alberto1964
alberto1964

My god what a nice feeling of security! Great insight of Montale to pull over to aoud also ebony wood that enhances and strengthens the scent exponentially. Excellent sillage and infinite longevity. A must have.

fuggerone
fuggerone

similar to M7 vintage and more to Nasomatto Duro, this is much better than Duro which since reformulation grabs your money and fades away...
seems to be low on sillage compared to other Montales...

edge42
edge42

The drydown is where the magic really happens with Aoud Musk. Definitely don't judge this one from it's opening, because it opens with a STRONG hit of pungent, medicinal and incredibly earthy oud that smells like sweet wet dirt. This is the sort of opening I wouldn't feel comfortable going out of the house with until it fades. And it does fade... after 30 minutes or so the wet dirt smell eases up, but don't fret the oud always maintains a presence throughout the fragrance. If you like the earthiness in Terre d'Hermes (especially the EDP) you'll probably like this too.

Thankfully that opening eventually loosens it's grip and we find the beautiful drydown. Here, the earthy oud is softened and well-balanced by sweet saffron, clean musk and dark woods. Overall this fragrance comes across very strong, dark, masculine and daring. Go easy on the trigger when applying! Longevity and projection seem about on par with something like Dior Homme Intense, but don't underestimate the pungency of Aoud Musk's opening! You've been warned.

Like others have said, Montale is not for the faint of heart and sampling before buying is highly recommended. Aoud Musk probably represents the highest rated Montale scent amongst the entire fragrance community, but that by no means makes it a safe blind buy. Aoud Musk is a like for me, but not a love. I need more time to tame this beast...

Shibor
Shibor

Reminds me in first hours of Gao by Xerjoff, but then the two scents are drifting apart. Gao seems to be more complex in the base notes.
But compliments for both scents!

numcks
numcks

Brutal punch of acrid, medicinal oud with earthy/musky/woody undertones that softens a bit to reveal a softer side with saffron, gentle spices and a warm touch of amber. A bit of a rainbow over the desolation, as compared to Dark Oud, which never leaves the dungeon.

milo558
milo558

Recently purchased a 100ml from one of montale distributors and here are the results :
-not more than 60 ml in the bottle !!!!!
-Strong alcohol smell for first couple of minutes.Is it really EDP?
-no sillage at all !

I have also a 50 ml bottle of Aoud Leather which i bought a year ago and it's amazing but this one .....

I regret why i didn't buy DURO and i never buy another montale again.

$$
$$

Comparing the two on each wrist and i have ta say their both really similar in their aromas but i think Aoud Musk is better than nasomatto duro.Aoud musk is a bit more intense.

holland50
holland50

I have to controll myself with this perfume. I love it and see the similarities with another favorite of mine (M7 vintage), so I am almost compelled to give this one some extra sprays when going out. Mistake!!! The eyes of my girlfriend wil start to tear and she wil start sneezing, complaining: what the hell are you wearing! Of course, that is kind of a downfall and makes me wonder if I am the only one who thinks this smells so great....So you have to go easy on the trigger with this one, this Montale has nucleair sillage and a little is more then enough.

bouddha bleu
bouddha bleu

Very masculine, mystical, dark woody and earthy. It is a sexy scent, but more in a comforting and despite the tremendous sillage - somehow introvert, more mature way. So youngsters, wait until you are 35.

To paraphrase mindwilie: "it is a sensual scent of the gods" - this is how Olympians smell. Hail Zeus, Apollo and Ares!

And yes, Montale Aoud Musk smells almost the same as Nasomatto Duro, and it is definitely a better buy.

youngfragranceconnoisseur
youngfragranceconnoisseur

I have only worn this for a couple hours but I am so stoked by this fragrance that I just have to write a first impressions review. If you love oud or TF our wood you will definitely like this scent. This is a very dark and powerful scent. It is very organic smelling and you can tell it is a quality fragrance. It is very masculine and sexy, at least to me. This is definitely not a blind buy. If you like light scents, sweet scents or fruity scents this is definitely not any of those! I can see how some people would absolutely hate this. It is a pretty unique smell and you will stand out if you wear this fragrance. If you do not like our or musk you will definitely not be a big fan of this scent. I have not smelled duro or harrods agar wood so I am not sure if this scent is similar to them or not. I would say this is very masculine like TF Tuscan leather. Even thought these two scents don't necessarily smell the same I think that if you like Tuscan leather you will like this. Both very dark and masculine. I put on the sample tonight and my family could smell me from a couple feet away while I was wearing this. As far as I can tell this is a beast, like most Montales, in the performance category. I am new to the fragrance game and again this is my first impressions so I may have a far off review. This is just my opinion and what I am getting after a couple hours of use. I personally think this is a great scent! I have many scents such as GIT that are considered masterpieces and I think this has the potential to be a masterpiece scent from my arsenal. I will definitely be looking to pick up a bottle of this sometime this winter!

sifone
sifone

I wear this to rebel against all those women who believe that a man should smell soft and feminine. I wear this only to attract alpha females to mate with.

scentofrain
scentofrain

Aoud Musk by Montale... nothing less than perfection on this one. Impossible to review it short, because this scent SCREAMS so many things, that can't be kept in a secret.

1h-1h 30m -> What a powerfull opening for the first hour, hour and a half, but in a invigorated way, not like a strong and compulsive opening. The opening has different oud feeling, like i said in a refreshing way. I think that the vetiver and the saffron are dominating in the first hour, slighly followed by the Oud, and thats why i have the feeling for different oud - more fresh, more citrus like.

2h-4h -> In the second hour the Oud is getting warmer and more earthly... lighter vetiver, saffron is melting down and i can detect the incoming musk and ambre...the saffron will last till the end, but the other ingrediants will be over it, so to say and it will just reminds of itself in a warmer and softer way. The Oud is even more earthly, more masculine and the musk and the ambre are strenghhtening it.

I Think the best think about this scent is right between the 4th hour and infinity

4h - ∞+ -> All ingrediants are getting even softer, (but it doesn't mean, that the projection is getting lesser - NO! :):) The Projection stays the same till the next shower you take) with more natural aroma, everything is in the perfect Yin Yang ballance. And due the softening of the oud, ambre, musk and the saffron you can recognize vetiver reborning itself among the others and giving just the slighly needed fresh note again. And the secret VOILA! moment -> the ebony wood - I thought that the saffron, the musk and the ambre mixed somehow together and gave this another - Second type of really gentle and natural Oud scent, but then i realized that this is the Ebony Wood.

Not enough said, but i think the unsaid will be supplemented by the comliments of the people you meet. There is no ******* way you have no attention and stay unrecognizable by the others with this perfume. NO WAY!!! The king of compliments and positive attention!

About spraying - be carefull, because it's like explosive - more means more danger. 1 is truly enough!

Silage: 10/10

Longevity: Only two showers one afther another can stop it! It's like a tattoo ON your skin - it STAYS FOREVER!

shreif
shreif

I hesitate a lot of time before i decide to submit this review because this perfume is really confusing me
If i rate this scent based on the compliments it's get the rate will be 100/10 it's get compliments more than the sum of all other perfumes in my collection can get .
BUT if i rate it based on my own taste it's not deserve more than 6/10 .
That's very weird i know !!!
I am totally surprised by how pepole around me appreciate this scent .
Any way this is the best aoud scent I ever own until the moment comparing with M7 , montal black aoud and arabian nights ( which i vote dislike for all of them )
it's seem that I am not a fan of the aoud based perfumes and i am not impressed with the aoud note .
The note pyramid of this perfume consist of a base notes only there is no top or heart notes thus there is no citrus or spices or lavander , jasmin , basil ,vetiver ...... or any kind of refreshing notes
That's make it very unique kind of perfumes diffrent from any other perfume i used to .
Maybe it's suits those people how use one pure note scents such as musk or aoud .

Use this perfume with ultimate CAUTION if it's over dosed it will turn to a disaster

Final consequence : I use this perfume because the compliments it's get not for pleasing me and this is life you can't get all what you want ???

Mikeyd
Mikeyd

Duro- musk aoud...hmmm toss up ill give this one 8.0/10

Jridgen
Jridgen

Like many Montales it begins with a massive blast of medicinal oud. This one in particular comes across as an heavy bearded dude in leather who has just recently pinned some dianabol (steroid) syringes.

Where Dark Aoud went astray with too much band aid and muddled spices this one smooths out and sweetens up a bit overtime with the help of the musk and saffron. The dark woodiness is always present. This one is awesome and it performs like most Montales, need I say more?

8.5/10

stephan
stephan

I've sampled Dark Aoud, that I really liked, so based on the reviews I bought blind a full bottle of Aoud Musk.
Bingo!
This is perfect, like dark aoud but much more cleaner, refined and rounded, without the stinky spices.
This is in my top 5 for sure, perhaps it will be my new number one but it's to early to say.
Black Aoud on me is to sweet and sticky, Dark Aoud is to dry but this one is wonderful.
EDIT: Saffron in the beginning is a bit loud, but it calms down and I can feel the aoud and the musk. Longevity is extraordinary, but I would not say it is a sillage monster, sillage is just fine.

mendwillie
mendwillie

Perfume Monster Montale.
Strong, powerful, beautiful, sensual scent of the gods.
I love the creations of Montale, are mostly powerful and leave a trail wherever they go.
This is no different, besides being powerful, smells great, the Oud here is very well mixed, with ebony wood, strong wood mixed with other strong wood, musk and saffron present here try to give a smoothed weighted and balanced.
I'm fascinated by it.

I rank it like this:
Smell: 10/10

abolfazl10
abolfazl10

تهیه کنیدperfumeshoping.comکلیه محصولات این برند میتونددر

Flair voyant
Flair voyant

Another great Oud fragrance, where the oud is less sweet, setting a perfect stage for the sweet musk entrance...

However, I would have replaced the amber note by a tobacco one.

Although discreet, Aoud musk has a long and warm dry-down that is unique!

Buy it, and you won't regret it...

kimberlylizkennedy
kimberlylizkennedy

If you over apply this can smell medicinal. If you apply sparingly, you will smell like an eathy grounded swirl or mesmerizing aod, amber, and ebony. I think it is an amazing addition to ground any scent you have that isn't quite right alone.

xliMilx
xliMilx

got my sample of this 5 days ago, since that moment till now i been looking for a full bottle in my area, cant find it at all.
anyways this dosnt matter, lets talk about the smell!!
spray it once on a paper sample, put it in your wallet inside your pocket, go out and wait for the compliments, this thing kept hitting me with waves of smells for a whole day just from a 1 spray on paper sample that was far away from me in my room, its a room filling smell if you did over apply it, mostly a smell of oud with a hint of some soft nice smell, could be the saffron and musk.

for me getting this perfume is a must.

maverick678

You are probably right. I'll check out Mancera. Thanks!.

umtaleb
umtaleb

It's not oud you need to stay away from, it's Montale.
From the notes and on paper, many a Montale seem alluring, however, not everybody's body chemistry mixes well with Montale.

Try Mancera for similar notes and projection, but the oud is cleaner and less screechy for some people's chemistry.

Or if you live in the right place on earth ... Ajmal

maverick678

Wondering how this compare to Dark Aoud ?. Dark Aoud has nasty opening and remains nasty. Maybe I should stay away from Oud notes :).

aphexacid
aphexacid

MY GOODNES. This is an absolute masterpiece. A reviewer below me called this "paralyzing". Yes. Thats basically what happens. When you take in the aroma of this scent, it takes you to another place. You're totally incapacitated.

The opening is like all Montale Aoud's. Its got that BOOM of Oud and, and then takes you into the rest of the scent. Immediately you get hit with a gorgeous blend of Musk and saffron thats got just a touch of natural sweetness. Its soft and sumptuous, but not feminine. In the background, the oud makes sure of it.

I literally could not stop smelling myself. Firstly because this projects like a BEAST. But in a good way. Its not cloying. But like the rest of the Montales, don't over apply. Its not necessary.

I also find a very earthy, soil like scent for the first hour or so. But strangely you don't notice it unless you smell it directly on your skin. It's not bad, but i'm glad you don't pick it up as its projecting. I'm assuming this is from the ebony wood. Its very faint.

I applied my 2 favorites from the 10 samples i received to each wrist. Aoud Musk and Dark Aoud. Dark Aoud is nice, but its very linear, and doesn't really project anywhere near as much as Aoud Musk does.

The clincher was when i washed my hands. The wrist with Aoud musk was unaffected by the wash. The wrist with Dark Aoud on the other hand, the potency was cut in half.

Then i showered about an hour later. Aoud Musk STILL kicking. Dark Aoud, completely gone.

This was a great indicator of longevity for me, and sealed the deal. I ordered a full 100ML bottle of Aoud Musk. It will probably last me my entire life since i think 2 sprays will be MORE than sufficient.

Silage: 10/10

Longevity: INSANITY

Overall: Amazing scent, amazing performance, and stellar value!

Word of caution: Do NOT blind buy any Montale. Always sample first. This house is not for the weak.
-----------------------------------------------------
Edit June 11, 2013:

I've worn this out many times now. I must tell you....there are not many perfumes i own that receive this many compliments! A woman stopped me at an OUTDOOR shopping mall and made me write down what it was called so she could buy it for her husband.

My fiance is absolutely in LOVE with it! She's sniffing me constantly.

Silage and projection is absoultely insane! Its been 13 hours now, and i can still smell the 2 sprays eminating off of my skin!

THIS IS WHAT ALL FRAGRANCES SHOULD BE LIKE!

steve0580
steve0580

This is a phenomenal fragrance. So good, it's almost paralyzing. Literally, I get compliments every time I wear it out.

Carestinus
Carestinus

GREAT! I will try to be brief and clear about this: it is exactly a toned down version of Dark Aoud which for me at least was too much, too loud and even if amazing smell... I wouldn't feel at ease wearing it around (I mean Dark Aoud). This is pure oud and musk á la Montale and immediately after I sprayed I said: yes!

This is sexy, people will notice it and indeed it is very masculine and easy to wear. It also has that pencil shaving vibe (I don't think it is ebony though) but nothing to worry about. I disagree, this isn't loud at all. Perfect projection and longevity (not the beast Black, Red and Dark aouds but still ok). Extremely wearable and safe, but not at all boring or mainstream. Do yourself a favour and sample this!

Definitely Montale is one of my 2 favourite houses. This is how I love to smell!

Cmf
Cmf

I spent months looking for a fragrance that suited my nose. This cologne lasts hours and exudes testosterone packed masculinity. This is not perfect, but every cologne has it's downfall. My signature scent.

Opening is the a somewhat synthetic, medicinal oud. The middle is Duro without a doubt... truly a masculine scent here. When I asked a friend what the base notes were (i couldn't smell myself any longer, this ones powerful) they simply said manly woodsy and dirty. It requires a certain personality to wear this scent, but for people that can pull off a loud cologne. Give it a shot, i've gotten my fair share of compliments and this ones staying on my shelf.

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

I want to echo Ravfan4vr's review. The only thing I will add is that it starts off very spicy much like Nasomatta Duro but adds the medicinal oud formula found in all of Montale's oud fragrances. The opening can be a shock, especially if you don't like spicy and even more if you don't like the medicinal oud note that Montale is famous for. The spiciness has to come from the vetiver (maybe it is so sharp that it feels spicy) and I don't know ebony wood that well but I assume that is what is unfolding in the dry down.

However, give it an hour and these start to subside (now I love the opening so I don't have to wait to enjoy this baby). After an hour it really starts to sweeten up and curb some of the spiciness and starts to soften up the oud. I believe the sweetness is the mix of the ebony wood/amber and musk. This is not a dirty musk, I believe it is a sweet and smooth musk, much of what you find in some of the Creed fragrances. I don't get animal at all from this.

Unlike many of the other Montale's the saffron here doesn't dominate the fragrance. It does add some floral sweetness and almost that prada amber soapiness vibe but the oud/woods/musk/vetiver sort of makes it a non-factor.

This is potent juice like the other montales. I can smell it for ages and it projects feet in front of you. I go three sprays on this which should be illegal in all 50 states; however, it is never chemical like Nasamatto and is much more smooth so it never destroys anyone but they will know you were there and you are coming.

Easy 4/5 on this one.

123andrea
123andrea

Fragranza completamente a sè, anche rispetto gli altri Aoud di Montale a mio avviso.
Legno nero si sente da subito, zafferano appena il profumo si aggrappa alla mia pelle e oud penetrante, profondo, balsamico e canforato per un tempo incalcolabile.
Mi rivolgono sempre domande curiose quando lo indosso.

ravfan4vr
ravfan4vr

I feel that this is a rich, deep slightly sweet and dark scent. It starts off strong and lightly sweet in a very good way. As it dries down it becomes slightly earthy. And then it begins to go into different phases. It sweetens again and becomes earthy again until the very end when it becomes a slightly sweet skin scent many many hours later. This one just reacts differently on my skin than other fragrances. I see this more as a masculine scent but could air on the side of unsex due to the semi sweet stages.

Love this stuff. I would put this in my top 10 list of fragrances. One of my favorite Montale frags, if not my favorite behind Black Aoud, Red Aoud, and Red Vetiver. I get numerous compliments with Aoud Musk. I get noticed with Black Aoud and complimented with this one. Great fragrance!!

jae
jae

Earthy, dirty, woody and masculine. This is quite a beast of an oud-themed concoction. Far more masculine that Black Aoud (to my nose), I enjoy wearing this when my testosterone is getting the best of me.

Kharnak
Kharnak

I Love it!!! I just frikken love this! It's STRONG Medicinally sweet, Aoud, White Musk, and especially SAFFRON, like a whiff of fresh red saffron pistils you put in Yellow Rice. Saffron contains Iodine compounds which gives it that Band-Aid Medicinal Antiseptic vibe. But it is quite delicious. Some kinds of Rice also contains it, as well as Iodomethane. This is a sweet Woody Musk that's penetrating and, very unrelenting. Complex, and well rouneded like any Montale.
I'm not too familiar with Ebony wood, but i think that's what it turns into as it dries in. A strange and VERY dry wood, something about it so... quintessentially "African".
The dry down begins to resemble the dry down of Nasomatto "Black Afgano" in it's dusty earthy almost play-doh like Woodiness. But this is FAR more medicinal and "Iodic". People will say it's "Hospital" but i like it. The distant dry down... Becomes extremely EARTHY and like freshly disturbed soil, just digging your hands in black soil. This is DIRTY.. well, good "clean" Dirt :3
Yet further... it sweetens so richly as it finishes.

Sillage: Tremendous
Projection: room filling
Longevity: 24hr+

Savitar
Savitar

Hey Marcos, I think your nose might be burnt out, perhaps even broken. This stuff is unrelentingly strong.

marcos-2011
marcos-2011

This perfume is very weak,i can´t believe some people say it´s loud,it´s a good smell,but simple and nothing sophisticated,stays a long time on the skin,i prefer aoud flowers and dark aoud.

Scentrist
Scentrist

I've been wearing this a few hours now, so I'll try to describe this. Imagine gardening in springtime. You smell the fresh and moist earth beneath you as you dig your hands to transplant. That's your vibe. This would be your fragrance.

It's VERY earthy, a moist ground type of earthy musk scent that is pervasive throughout. Oud is in there, but in this case it feels subordinate to the very heavy and musky animalic notes. It really takes some time for that muskiness to diminish, and then you start picking up the ebony woods and amber and a more subtle dry-down.

The key is that you either need to tolerate the earthiness, or be able to get beyond the first 2-3 hours to enjoy this. Otherwise, this is probably not a scent you'll enjoy.

Mr. Doody
Mr. Doody

wearing this today. about two hours into it and i'm not enjoying it. concerned now that it will have incredible lasting power ;-) . the word that popped to mind when i put it on was "cloying". not sure that's fair though. it's quite distinctive. very aggressive. nothing "pretty" about it. all that said, i think i can grok why some folks would like it. it's got a "dark and stormy" feel to it; perhaps you could think of it as a nighttime scent you wear to a dark, low-key club when you want people to be able to pick you out from the crowd with their nose. they'll pay attention if they get a whiff IMHO. not for me though. i'm not against oud or musk, but i like a lot more lightness in my scents as well.

Xanti
Xanti

This one is mystical, hypnotizing Perfume! It's some metaphysical in it!

Very loud, sharp, resinous -woody- vetivery stem of deep blue-dark colour, suddenly becomes alive, like a mysterious infernal creature, under the touch of the Sun....

It spreads it's waves in a distance from where you can smell the shining of it's Aura, satiated with Saffron and Amber set in deep Aoud. What is the magnificent scene!

Definitely, this Aroma is not for those who prefer light and close-to skin odour. You should have a bold to wear it!

Just try to put it on...
Perhaps, Aoud Musk will be surrendered by you, or you will find in his Power.

Fantomas
Fantomas

It is similar on Duro but Aoud Musk is richer and it scatters as the heated sand. Montale added in Vetiver Des Sables impudent oud and musk. All very sternly.

PavelM
PavelM

It is mega powerful for the first three hours, but then disappears. I find it best applied with a roll on and reapplied every three hours. The oud and musk combination is strong and not exactly pretty or sophisticated. It is a smell of brute strength and tremendous presence. Wearing it feels like being in a company of stylish but dangerous males - stressful, but the image draws you in.

Update: Turns out that it lasts for way longer than three hours. It just kills my nose so that I can't smell it after a few hours, but everyone around me can. And when I wake up the next morning, I can always smell it on me from the day before.

Ok, this is a very loud fragrance but I love it. The opening is quite typical if you're already familiar with Montale's ouds. A strong medicinal/synthetic vibe and botloads of saffron joined by the distinctive Montale's hallmark: a prominent and harsh oud note! It gets even darker and warmer in the drydown with the addition of dark woods, vetiver and some musky-amber. Bold but never claustrophobic, tremendously woody and intense, it always claims your attention and everybody else's by surrounding everything with its dark warmness. Someone says it's similar to Nasomatto Duro, and for a few aspects I agree, but Aoud Musk results much more balanced and definitely not vulgar! Outstanding sillage and extraordinary lasting power. One spray on the neck and you're set for the whole day, night, late night and early moring after: be aware! Surely not for laidback type of guys!

Rating: 8.5/10

calyx93
calyx93

Smells very much like Nasomatto Duro. Not that it's a bad thing, only it's much more affordable for the quantity you receive.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Montale Aoud Musk fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Montale Aoud Musk, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Aoud Musk by Montale. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Aoud Musk by Montale represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.