Designers » M » Oriental Woody « Groups

Aoud Red Flowers Montale for women and men
dislike

herbal
oud

Many red perfumes by the house of Montale appeared in 2008, Aoud Red Flowers being one of them. Montale brought their oriental scent closer to the West this time, since you can feel a nostalgic note of vintage French perfumes and aristocratic powder in this composition. Notes of oud and sandalwood are spiced up with opulent golden saffron, exciting and bright flowers are represented by French tagetes and rose. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Montale.

Agarwood (Oud) Sandalwood Saffron Tagetes Rose

Aoud Red Flowers Fragrance Reviews

little parrot
little parrot

Well I'm glad I did not bought this blind!
It is lovely but it reminds me so much of l'heure blue (especially the edp) so that I dont need this one
It is a lovely fragrance but more powdery than I thougt, becomes a skin scent, but has good staying power, and no synthetic feel.
With l'heure blue in my wardrobe I don't need this one, so I look further for another Montale.......

p.s.What strikes me is the enormous difference in the montale fragrances in terms of synthetic/sharp feeling, some are very synthetic and others are really natural feeling and rounded, so therefore I recommand NO BLIND BUY

Dreaming Violin
Dreaming Violin

This scent is one of my Montale's favorites! I can associate it with the precious fabrics: silk and velvet...Smooth silk rose, warm light velvet woody undertones mixed at pleasant duet. Oud isn't strong, haven't specific 'medical' nuances; it just good partner for main rose's aria, making her song more dramatic and three-dimentional.

maltatude
maltatude

Definitely sample this if you are looking for a true Arabian rose aoud that is a little softer. Sadly I can't wear these kinds of things but absolutely adore them on others. It's a superb offering from Montale.

Axum
Axum

This is the only Montale that I truly love.

Aoud Red Flowers is light on aoud, which to me means the balance is just right. It is sweet yet resinous, and wears close to the skin. It has definite character, one that is (for a Montale) unusually quiet, and enormously comforting. I used to like L'Artisan Traversee du Bosphore for these qualities, but now I prefer Montale Aoud Red Flowers, as it is warmer, more alive, and lasts longer.

I have a lot of perfumes that I like with reservations, or only sometimes; however, Aoud Red Flowers is one of those rare fragrances that I love whenever I smell it. I think it works best in cold/cold weather, and at night. Once my current bottle is done, I'll be purchasing another.

I was expecting Montale AOUD RED FLOWERS to be more about rose geranium than anything else. Otherwise, why not just call it AOUD ROSE? Oh, that's right: because there's already a Montale perfume by that name!

In reality, this is not identical to AOUD ROSE PETALS or AOUD DAMASCUS, because there is a significant dose of tagetes (aka "marigold," but that sounds so pedestrian!) here which the straightforward rose perfumes of this house lack. Add in some saffron and aoud, and voilà, you have a very complex and orange-red floriental perfume. This smells simply beautiful.

I love tagetes, I love rose, I love saffron, and I love oud when it does not smell like shoe polish and bandaids, which happily here it does not. (-; But my appreciation of this perfume derives above all from the skillful interlacing of all of these notes beloved to me. The blend is perfectly balanced, and the various components work together harmonically. AOUD RED FLOWERS is a lush, floral, feminine perfume which uses aoud as an embellishment, so don't think that this is primarily an aoud perfume, because it is not.

It seems to me that Montale has amply demonstrated that Lego perfumery, the construction of a perfume out of pre-made parts, is not guaranteed to end in mediocrity. No, not at all. AOUD RED FLOWERS is truly gorgeous, and I'd love to have a bottle of this!

lacrima99
lacrima99

Powdery aoud muzak, which is just what I want today. Not at all confronting or difficult, it's very easy to wear and comforting. The tagetes is quite striking at the start, without being overpowering. Three hours in, the drydown is getting a little too sweet for me, but I have a low tolerance for sweet.

jasonx
jasonx

I'm told by Montale that Aoud Oeillet d'Inde is now named Aoud Red Flowers. I think it makes sense since Aoud Oeillet d'Inde was described as Aoud Damascus with the carnation note instead of rose and my bottle of Aoud Red Flower smells just like Aoud Damascus with carnation topnote.
Wonder what the original version of Aoud Red Flower which came out in 2008 smell like

adele l
adele l

this is rich and decadent- probably more of a feminine scent... it reminds me of amouage epic woman but less spice bazaar-esque. gorgeous, assertive, exotic and well-balanced

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

This is a fascinatingly different Montale Aoud line-indeed very low aoud. Delightfully sweet floral-sweet rose in the natural form with just enough tagetes to keep it from being too sweet-there's a clarity in the sweetness, the thin petals, the powder that is light and classical but woody-Modern and old-fashioned at the same time-balanced yet extraordinary, smells as high quality as almost every other Montale I've tried. Oddly reminds me a lot of an unreleased fragrance by the member here (Doc Elly) called Red Cattleya, a natural orchid fragrance-very beautiful. Aoud Red Flowers is woodier, but smells to me like a "Floral" fragrance-the kind that will elicit sighs from the very pickiest concerning florals.

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

Pretty floral and low aoud in this one. Decent.To my nose it smell more feminine but I could wear it at times, like some Amouage for men; sometimes they are more on the feminine side, "The bright side of the man". I can't give a "like" note of 8 to 8,5/10. I can only give a decent note of;

7,5/10

Kterhark
Kterhark

This is one of my favorites from this line. I put it on my wrist earlier today and then forgot about, and later smelt this heavenly scent wafting about me and remembered it was Red Flowers. I have a problem with ouds getting too medicinal and 'stinky' on me, I've found this note needs to be handled by professionals who take their time. With this fragrance Montale has done just that- it has a lovely warm sweetness to it that really draws you in. Love this one.

Aoud Red Flowers by Montale 4.25 out of 5 based on 64 ratings and 11 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Montale Aoud Red Flowers fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Montale Aoud Red Flowers, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Aoud Red Flowers by Montale. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Aoud Red Flowers by Montale represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.