Designers » M » Chypre Floral « Groups

Aoud Shiny Montale for women and men

Aoud Shiny Montale for women and men
dislike

oud

Aoud Shiny was presented in 2008 and it introduces abundant shine of Bulgarian rose enriched with delicate aroma of violet and oud wood combined with sensual aromas of nagarmotha root (Cyperus scariosus), sandalwood and long-lasting elegant aromas of patchouli. The perfume is available as 100ml edp. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Montale.

Agarwood (Oud) Sandalwood Patchouli Violet Leaf Cypriol Oil or Nagarmotha Bulgarian Rose

Louban

Aoud Shiny Fragrance Reviews

I was seriously beginning to wonder whether I had gone anosmic on rose. No, not at all. I do know what rose smells like, and it is present in this sample of Montale Aoud Shiny. I put off testing this perfume for a long time, because I figured that it would be flower-free. Happily, I was wrong.

This sample came attached to a card. The ones which I suspect to be fakes came in little boxes. (All package, no product: it's the modern way!)

Aoud Shiny features rose and oud. Who knew? Others seem troubled by this discovery. To me, it's a relief. Thank God (or reasonable facsimile) I don't have to stink the rest of the day (from the suspected fake sample of Aoud Ambre). Put perhaps I should take a bath anyway, to remove the traces of antifreeze--or whatever the hell else I was wearing earlier today!

Aoud Shiny smells pretty good. A million times better than gross woodish aromachemicals, but not as good as Attar, or several other Montales with the word 'rose' in their name. This reminds me a bit of Nejma Three, which I own, so I won't buy a bottle.

iivanita
iivanita

Full of cypriol oil, the same i find in Timbuktu, just mixed with roses and some oud, its deep, green, a bit earthy, woody note and rose has lemony aspect to it, refreshing in a way....its very strong in the opening, but not too long lasting as one would expect, i love it, feminine version of oudh note, although this oud here is very mild:-)

judyk
judyk

Oddly enough, I don't "get" rose from this one. Some sharp floral yes, but I couldn't tell you what.

I think for this reason I actually quite like Aoud Shiny - it smells somehow different from the other Montale aouds I've tried. It's sharp and spicy and a bit quirky. I like quirky. :)

Cereza
Cereza

A weird aoud mix. The first blast is a dirty and earthy rose-aoud-patchouli combo with a weirdly bitter undertone. As aoud here is not dominant, it calmly stays in the background giving me a resemblance of burnt rubber or well worn jacket.

The heart adds load of sugary violet leaves, unfortunately making this completely not enjoyable for me, the rose is soapy and staying in the background, the violet leaves all over the place and making this sickly sweet. The worst part is the aoud which simply doesn't work here at this point, it's like a pocket of a leather jacket filled with sticky sweets left over from a weekend month ago.

If we ignore the first hour of "Aoud Shiny" I though might consider a full bottle. It settles down to a gorgeous fresh smelling aoud dominated scent with almost minty and earthy quality to it. Unfortunately, there are so many choices out there that a lovely drydown is not enough for an hour of suffering.

A.M.H.2
A.M.H.2

I love Montale oud shiny!
In the middle east this is considered a lady's perfume. Very strong presence of taifi roses upfront and the oud is mellow (just right) in the background, which I quite like to be honest. I don't find the oud overwhelming in this one. It can be a very sensual fragrance by the way! Then it cools down lingering for a long time on your skin or/and clothes.
In my opinion this is an excellent daytime choice for a lady ;)
25+ group

Fany
Fany

It smells like Loreal Preferance hair color activator-just whrong!Pure, pure chemicals! Theres nothing shiny about it!Extra lasting power..

Yet another rose/oud combo from Montale? You have to be kidding...Rose and oud with a slight patchouli note and some violet on top. Not very interesting. Please, give us a break!

Moderately powerful yet long lasting.

Heverton
Heverton

Aoud Shiny opens up with a rich Aoud note, that after about 40 minutes, decreases it's intensity and gives way to a floral aspect that in my opinion, makes this fragrance much more appealing to me feminine side than masculine. Anyway, a very linear and long lasting fragrance.

mocha43
mocha43

I received this as a sample from Lucky Scent. It begins with an assertive oud note which I think, is not quite pleasant, but then dries down and mellows to a more pleasant blend of flower and woody notes. I would rate it as a scent that I like to a certain degree but I would not buy a larger size. It lasts 4 or 5 hours on me.

Leesee
Leesee

A frustrating yet arresting scent that opens with patchouli-infused violets and wood, and dries to an odd, bitter, leather-and-incense concoction. I am new to aoud scents, and it may be that there are vastly better compositions out there, but this one, while not easy to love, is nonetheless not easy to dismiss.

Aoud Shiny by Montale 3.50 out of 5 based on 36 ratings and 10 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Montale Aoud Shiny fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Montale Aoud Shiny, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Aoud Shiny by Montale. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Aoud Shiny by Montale represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.