Designers » M » Oriental Floral « Groups

Attar Montale for women and men

Attar Montale for women and men
dislike

oud

Attar by Montale is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women and men. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Montale. The fragrance features agarwood (oud), sandalwood and bulgarian rose.

Agarwood (Oud) Sandalwood Bulgarian Rose

Aoud Queen Roses
Aoud Safran
Soir d'Оrient

Attar Fragrance Reviews

jays786
jays786

Smells so so similar to Montale Paris louban 90%.
Bit disappointing as I have a bottle of louban and which in my opinion is slightly better... but will be keeping my bottle of attar because I got a good deal on it...overall rating 7.5/10.

little parrot
little parrot

This is a truly GEM, bulgarian rose and sandelwood (twice distillated) and according to montale website NO OUD listed here.
Very good quality, good staying powder. Sometimes it smelles a littly musky(in the middle fase, while officially not listed, maybe the combination of wood/rose)
It reminds me of ce soir ou jamais in the edp formula.
The rose here is not sweet at all, a tiny bit sour but in lovely company with the sandelwood, without oud!
Classical fragrance made in a modern way!

Highschoolrugbyboy64
Highschoolrugbyboy64

All i can say is if you are looking for an amazing and inexpensive niche authentic rose and oud combo fragrance and you like sandalwood then here you go! The dry down reminds me of Tam Dao my Diptyque. I do have to say though it does lack originality lol.

hadassa
hadassa

Attar smells almost the same as Aoud Queen Roses, just without the leather note. Moreover, it is slightly warmer in feel.

After half an hour it starts to be a tad powdery, I believe it is the sandalwood, as it has a naturally powdery undertone.

Attar is a very simple combination, but it really works.

This is certainly one of the best Montales, a real winner.

lloydbruno
lloydbruno

On my skin, since opening it does not smell the way notes describe, I feel more like it was sandalwood and honey, anyone else feel that? After about 15-20 minutes, the oud begins to stand out, so you can see the rose in fragrance, I dont feel exactly the scent of rose, but a touch of subtlety, delicacy and elegance that it brings to the perfume.

Another half hour, and sandalwood takes the leading position, giving way to pink, but now brings its aroma as a contribution, and as forming a couple waltzing these two notes alternating in the spotlight as a result rose this be so, I found that it weighed more for a feminine fragrance. The oud is still present, but more shy, just complementing.

I thought it was great, wonderful, but for women use. Nothing against floral perfumes, just do not look good on me. longevity and sillage are monstrous.

Naji
Naji

All the superlatives ring true. Attar walks in utter lushness. Alas, it walks away all too soon. Unlike a lot of other Montales, longevity eludes it. Within a couple of hours, all I'm left with is a soft, muted memory of a torrid love affair. Sigh.

Montale ATTAR is such a compellingly beautiful perfume to my nose, and yet it features a small number of focal notes: sandalwood, oud, and rose. How can it be so gorgeous? Because the sandalwood, the oud, and the rose used are top notch. This is an excellent example of the quality ingredients strain of haute niche perfumery. Instead of attaching a bunch of bells and whistles and curlicues, Pierre--or reasonable facsimile--simply presents these notes in all of their glory.

I really love this Montale creation, the rose dominates the perfume but is deepened by the sandalwood and the measured dose of oud. (I agree with another reviewer that sometimes oud-rich perfumes are a bit much...) There is a dark, mysterious feeling to this creation, with an almost animalic quality close to ambergris in the background, it seems to me. There is also a graininess to the texture which I find quite appealing. It is as though the rose petals were shredded and blended to form an oud-sandalwood-amalgam. So, yes, this creation seems fairly linear to my nose. But that's fine with me, because it smells so good that I don't want it to change.

I love a few of the Montale rose perfumes, but this one is at the top of my wishlist!

yabadu
yabadu

nice, though too feminine in my opinion...

da_markos
da_markos

Harmony is the key to this fragrance. It's soo simply but great in the same time. I can agree with Cereza. For me this one have sth that other (not all) scents of Montale doesn't have - perfect balance. Longevity is stunning and sillage is also good - it's typical for Montale . I quess that he spend soo many hours to find this marvelous balance between those few components.

Silhouette_
Silhouette_

Sandalwood with thorns. As others have said, this is straight-up rose in the beginning, but later the flower gets downplayed in favour of the woods. I find it slightly reminiscent of YSL's Rive Gauche, mainly in the way it treats the rose note, but this rose definitely stays more sharp and it keeps more of its acidity which you can smell even over the warmth of sandalwood. Good projection and longevity.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

Starts out extremely strong with an enormous bouquet of sweet candied, slightly citrusy roses unembellished by much of anything else. They are dark red, Arabian tea roses with all of the nuances typical of that variety, but light on the marzipan. I don’t smell any oud or sandalwood although both may be there, along with some saffron, as an undercurrent boosting the rose scent.

There is a great deal of rose sillage; longevity is at least 12 hours. The rose is linear for the first 8 hours of so, after which it slowly recedes to reveal a little bit of the woods, more oud than sandalwood. It seems like there’s also a warm, caramel-like musk in the base. An Arabian rose soliflore is not the most original fragrance ever made, but Montale’s Attar is a beautiful example of that genre. If you like roses, you might love this Attar. I know I do.

Cereza
Cereza

It is simple, but extremely wonderful. The sillage is amazing and staying power is beyond hopes. But that's what you probably except from the house of Montale.
It opened with sharp oud, but after the firs 5 seconds the most amazing, oriental rose appeared. It's very sexy, feminine, dark, but still somehow refreshing and mouthwatering. I had tried perfumes with oud before but I thought it's not my thing, but in Attar - it's just simply amazing. The quality, richness of the scent is more than amazing and it's definetely worth every penny.

A masterpiece I'm proud to wear on my skin. And definetely worth a full bottle for the most amazing and elegant evenings in your life. A keeper.

Gosha
Gosha

I tried Attar today and I have to say that I am quite disappointed, mainly because it reminds me a lot of Musk to Musk from Montale and personally I don't see why would one perfumer want to produce two "similar" creations...
OK, maybe they are not that similar, maybe it's me somehow, :-) I don't know...but I personally feel a lot of resemblance. The composition in those fragrances is supposed to be quite different... (Musk to Musk that is not listed here on Fragrantica at the moment, should hold white musk, nutmeg, aoud, teak wood, precious woods, grey amber, musk). So maybe it's mainly the Aoud that gives the impression of similarity, or maybe it's the combination of Aoud, woods and roses in both, I don't know, but I can certainly smell roses in Musk to Musk too (even though those are not listen in there). Either way - although to me those two are strikingly similar, Musk to Musk is a clear winner simply because it is much softer, more feminine, much more "multifaceted", the Aoud in it is much smoother and it last far, far longer than Attar + I love musk. :-)

mocha43
mocha43

I received several Montale samples from LuckyScent and Attar is my favorite. It smells of rose and the sandelwood and aoud makes it more complex and interesting. Smells good from first application, through dry down and for several hours.

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

Like kastehelmi said, this is unisex for sure with a bit more on the masculine side.

It is without doubt one of the best of all Montale's (in my opinion) with Black Aoud. This one is more versatile than Black Aoud (who is more powerful and for night), this one is either for day, night, cold and hot weather.

I slightly prefer Black Aoud because its longevity, but this is, for myself, a MASTERPIECE!

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

This is one of the best fragrances for men-soft, supple, woody and simple-It's not too strong, and not so stiff. A woman could definitely wear this too-it smells brilliant on my skin-but it's not a distinctly feminine scent, it's very unisex. I like it more on my boyfriend's skin, and he won't wear anything that smells at all feminine to him.
The rose touch makes the primarily sandalwood scent more interesting and lighter, we have yet another "aoud" scent without any bitterness, Montale impresses my senses again.
This is easily described as a fragrant masterpiece, simply because it is so balanced...and unpretentious.

desert1551
desert1551

Dears; this an art in a bottle. Very oriental, arabic style with a good harmony. A subtle sandalwood, streamed by a creamy rose with a touch of agrawood at the background, Good for those who find diffeculty to wear a medicinal agrawood as it's heavy, and dark alone. Another jewel from Montale.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Montale Attar fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Montale Attar, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Attar by Montale. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Attar by Montale represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.