Designers » M » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Blue Amber Montale for women and men

Blue Amber Montale for women and men
dislike

Blue Amber Montale for women and men Pictures Blue Amber Montale for women and men Pictures

Blue Amber by Montale is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for women and men. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Montale. The fragrance features bergamot, geranium, patchouli, vetiver, coriander, amber and vanilla.

Bergamot Geranium Patchouli Vetiver Coriander Amber Vanilla

Lux

Blue Amber Fragrance Reviews

ChrisSmellsGood
ChrisSmellsGood

I have really come to love Montale fragrances due to their uniqueness and superb performance. This one is definitely nice! I will admit I am not a fan of the opening. Smells like pure baby powder for about 5 minutes. Then it immediately transitions to pure vanilla with a hint of amber.
Overall very nice, but not much variety on the notes in my opinion.

seekritdude
seekritdude

A little to much patchouli for my liking, and im not sure if the kinda coriander they used or just some mix of the notes, but I get a strange kinda oregano herbal sorta seasoning vibe from this. Which is a little well.. strange to me.. Besides that though when my nose isnt relating it to that, I liked this.

Performance is good like a lot of montales... Cant justify buying it, since its a little off to me sometimes, but compared to some other heavy patchouli/amber scents I enjoyed this more so.

jean-marc sinan
jean-marc sinan

(A review originally posted on MakeupAlley in 2006, I wanted to re-post it here now because I do not use MakeupAlley anymore [but have many fond memories of using it] and I am trying to get back into writing reviews, using old 'work' as inspiration...): I am falling hard for Montale, their whole line, the incredibly stylish EDP line for women and men and the unisex scents, and the incomparable Aoud line...their newest fragrance, Blue Amber edp, has my bowled off my feet again.
On the Fourseasonsproducts website I finally see the notes described:
hesperides as topnotes which give an orangey swash or zing through the whole composition, combined with Italian bergamot and bourbon geranium, followed by a heart of coriander (a note exciting me lately), patchouli (always a favorite) and vetiver (a classic everlasting). With base notes of finest amber and vanilla extrait. This is one of my favorite "cup" scents, when I can follow, with my nose, the edge the sides and down into a delicious scented bottom of a fictive cup shape, super exciting to me. This amber is pure sex, and as an aside, it's fascinating how when talking to people about perfumes the details cannot avoid getting intimate in the best ways. Blue Amber is now my favorite amber scent, rivalling IPdF's Ambra del Nepal, etc. Sweet, sleek and lovely. The Montale image to me is classic, timeless and contemporary at the same time. It just makes sense to me. I think of a blue egyptian lotus when I think of this perfume.

archivist
archivist

Not sure what makes this blue, but it's a perfectly serviceable amber. I don't see it as being distinctive enough to warrant the price, particularly if you're sensitive to the overdose of Iso-E-Super which appears to be the signature of Montale fragrances. At a certain point, amber is so thick and heavy that a fragrance centered and based on it is going to be difficult to distinguish from any other heavy amber. This one has a slight medicinal edge from the patchouli and a masculine hit from the overdose of Iso-E-Super, but there are more interesting ambers out there. This one isn't particularly distinguishable from an amber you can get at the health co-op, a Kuumba or something - which would cost less than 10% the price of the Montale.

Cochlea
Cochlea

Blue Amber by Montale

My nose was glued to my wrist!

Rich, warm, powdery Amber
Blue amber opens with a soft green-lemony scent from the geranium and citrus. It slowly changes into the vanilla note, the geranium is much softer but still noticeable on my skin. The amber comes through and blends with the vanilla, it is a gorgeous dry heavy ambery-vanilla scent. and the coriander is very subtle on my skin. Patchouli, touches of the labdanum makes the amber seem so mysterious.
The drydown is powdery ambery vanilla.

As expected from Montale, Longevity on my skin was insane - 10 hours and sillage is very good.

Blue Amber is totally unisex! Lovers of ambers must try this at least once!

Ouch!
Ouch!

This one is definitely on the more masculine side. The combo of notes are typical of what you'd find in classic masculine blends, and that's what this smells like!

I get a slightly throwback feeling with this one, I'm weirdly reminded of Calvin Klein's obsession for men.

The patchouli is most prominent in the opening and dies down later. It has a somewhat balmy/smoky tone and it's really not my style at all. It's different from lots of montale's I've smelled and I'm clapping my hands due to the lack of Oud!!

It feels familiar to me. It's lightly spiced, masculine and smoky/balsamic (but not in an amber way).

When it dries and the vanilla starts to take hold..it REALLY starts to hold. This is where the amber really does it's amber "thing". Lots of the smokiness goes and it becomes altogether MUCH sweeter and fluffier. It's like a completely different scent so, I'm glad of that. My skin reallllly amps up vanilla so I'm not sure if anyone else will get this same experience but..this turns into a huge vanilla bomb, with the light resins and spices way in the background.

Not full bottle worthy for me but..I like the transitions it makes.

landshark321
landshark321

I'm not sure where the "blue" descriptor comes from, as this strikes me as an amber/vanilla mix that, while not specifically warm, isn't cool or fresh, either. Nonetheless Blue Amber is another great entry by Montale that is starting to show me their versatility, as the only other two fragrances of theirs that I've tried are ouds.

Its dry down comes quickly (any bergamot wore for me were off in 15 minutes) and vanilla emerges as more dominant than the amber through most of its longevity, which is solid. It''s very strong on projection like Black Aoud or Red Aoud, and is very dense and therefore a reasonable value for a higher-priced fragrance. I'm not sure I could pull this off in the summer so I'd tentatively have to classify this as a cold weather day/night option.

7 out of 10

alberto1964
alberto1964

Nobody noticed hints of mint? In addition to the mint and far hints of citrus and amber,I do not hear more. Too simple.

dioraddictfan
dioraddictfan

This scent was the first I bought from Montale. I'm a self admitted Amber lover, and when I was looking for a new scent, the salesperson suggested this as I mentioned that I love powdery scents. This is like a beautiful amber cloud, soft and powdery. It stays close to the skin, and projects well. I just love it so much! Next time I'm buying the larger size! I pick up on the patchouli and vetiver in this too, which are a nice addition.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

After it dries down it's very similar to many other amber scents. It all depends on your "love" with that particular house. It does have a touch of patch but of course the amber dominates. I am a Montale lover but this falls a bit short as I prefer a few others in the genre.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Surprisingly decent for being a Montale, a nice and well executed dusty-velvety ambery scent with a hint of citrus on a dry and dark woody base. Simple, compelling, slightly nostalgic and even a bit baroque, following the austere heritage of classic ambers à la Ambre Precieux. It quite lacks in class and "personality" to even compete with them, and show a bit of synthetic nuances (a sort of rubbery-medicinal feel) but it's not bad at all. As minutes pass it develops a vanilla-ambery accord, always a bit medicinal, but mellow and pleasant. Nice soft drydown. More than decent!

6,5-7/10

auroramaria
auroramaria

BAis one of the best ambers around in my opinion.
It opens a bit harsh and medicinal but it soon mellows into a rich warm and sweet aromatic amber.
This is a heavy scent and it's suitable just for cool weather as it can be cloying in hot climate.
it holds on my skin for about 10 hours so longevity is awesome, sillage is also very good.
BA and Etro Amber are my favourite.

michael.j
michael.j

Opening scene--camera pulls back to reveal the inside of grandma's purse: loose pills, leaky ball point pen, balled-up tissues, old sugar cookie crumbs, almost finished pack of Rolaids, a dingy powder puff, an empty, crusty, miniature bottle of Joy from 1946. Roll credits.

s.alswayeq
s.alswayeq

مونتال في الحقيقه لست اميل كثيرا لعطورها ولكن اليوم وقع عطر في يدي لو كان قد وقع سابقا لما كانت تلك النظره السابقة حول مونتال
الى العطر
ابطال هذا العطر :العنبر، الفانيلا، لمسات من الجيرانيوم والبرقموت والباتشول.

البداية يقتح بابها
العنبر النباتي والفانيلا باجسامهم الضخمه ولكن سعان ماسبقهم بطبيعتم من بين ارجلهم :) الى انفك البرقموت والجيرانيوم التي اعشقها برائحتهان المشتملة على شي من الليمون وجانب من الروز وجانب عشبي لطيف ذلك المكونان سرعان مايبرزان ويعطونك شعور بتواجد شي يميل لكونة حامضا منعشا ويبدان ينسحبان مع بقاء اثرهم اللطيف هنا الذي يزول لاحقا، حيث تبرز اكثر رائحة العنبر والفانيلا مع رائحة خشبية جدا ناعمة مع لمسة تابلية تذكرني برائحة الكاري الخفيف جدا والتوابل المجففة عند دخولك محل عطارة تلك اللمسة التابيلة جدا ناعمه هنا وقد لاتحلظها احيانا
هذا العطور في بدايته خلال الخمس دقائق الاولى

اذا استمر اكثر تشعر ان العنبر ينفرد بالفانيلا اكثر وصبح العطر اكثر ناعم لذيذ مع لسمات خشبية اعتقد انها بفضل الباتشول في هذه المرحلة قد تميل رائحة الفانيلا مع العنبر لشي من اللمحة البودرية عند بالنسبة لي اراها تميل نوعا الى رائحة المكياج الخفيف جدا جدا جدا

هذا وجدته في العطر تقريبا خلال الساعه الاولى

هذا العطر اجد يشابهه عنبر 114 وليس تطتبقا
وقد بشابه عنبر سلطان بنسبة ضئيلة في نوتات معينه كالمحلة العنبرية والفانيلا وجزئيات بسيطة من اللمحات التابيلةوان كان عنبر سلطان في بداية اجده تابلي يختلف كثير عطرنا هذا في بدايته

بكل امانه لو احضر لي احد هذا العطر دون ان يخبرني وقال خمن لاي شركة لن اتوقعه ابدا لشركة مونتال لم اجد هذا العطر ابدا عطرا ثقيلا مزعجا بل ناعم بعد فتره بسيطة من استخدامه

اقصد بالتابلية شعور بتواجدك بمحل عطارة او شعور بتواجد بالتوابل الجافة وليس توابل غير مسستاغه قد تصيبك بالغثيان لا ابدا.

بقية المكونات التي لم اتطرق لها لم الحظها بوضوع واعتقد وجودها ليس بارزا

جمال الرائحة 8.5/10
تفرد الرائحة 6/10 لانه يوجد عطور كثيره قد تشبه
ثبات العطر لم اخبرته
الفوحان لم اختربه
لاتنس ابدا ودائما ذكر الله وصلاة على النبي والاستغفار.

Gigi89
Gigi89

Lovely! Sweet but not too much,it makes you feel clean and strong at the same time,simple and misterious,opens up with powdery notes then turns into an oriental and sofisticated scent.just one problem: people who aren't familiar with niche perfumes could say it smell like talc. Like all the Montale longevity and sillage are great

Un profumo che all'apparenza puó sembrare semplice ma che in realtà non è:Pierra Montale è stato bravissimo nell unire note esperidate come bergamotto a note ambrate,vanigliate e legnose e speziate come patchouli e coriandolo.Quando lo indosso mi capita spesso che molte persone lo associno al borotalco,ma ogni volta che si avvicinano per risentirlo ne sono sempre piu colpite.proprio questo è secondo me il punto di forza di questo profumo:alla prima impressione puo risultare ma banale ma piano piano ti cattura.

fanny
fanny

Wear a blue velvet jacket & toss your other amber perfumes.

This is amber the way it should be: teasing in the opening, surrounded by bergamot and geranium for sparks; giving in to vanilla in the process, but never too sweet; only just kept in pace by coriander and vetiver.
Really, no need to look any further, this is the best amber I found after years of investigation. (insert smiley with pipe).

Thank you Montale.

MyNoseKnowsThose
MyNoseKnowsThose

I love this smell. It reminds me of getting a fresh cut and coming straight out of the barborshop. The amber and vanilla notes are the heaviest IMO and they play very well together. Nice for everyday wear, however i would go with someting a little more elegant for special occasions.

pop270
pop270

Ritarudna RULES!! My thoughts, precisely!

mendwillie
mendwillie

It smells so good and right next to Ambre114 but does not have that heavy opening of HDP.
I like this amber blended well, it softens slowly.
Just as the creation of HDP, is not to everyone's noses.
Excellent Projection and longevity.

I rank it like this:
Smell: 9/10
Projection: 9.5/10

rschmidt65
rschmidt65

The first thing I thought upon smelling this was that it smells exactly like something else I've tried recently - Ambre 114. I think I like this better, its a bit warmer, more powdery and the vanilla is nicer. It's a bit dull though, vanilla and amber are all I get.

grimson
grimson

This one opens up with a strangely vegetal quality that to me smells somewhat like a raw potato. It must be the geranium and coriander. Once it dries down a bit, the amber comes to the surface with a subtle vanillic undertone that gets bolder as time goes by. Very nice. Moderate sillage and moderate longevity. A solid amber fragrance.

Kain
Kain

Another great amber based fragrance which is not the best for me, but it's one of my favorites!
The opening is a heavy resinous and sweet (not too sweet) scent with some spices in the background.
It's not a very unique or different type of opening. it's like many other amber based fragrances out there, but it's quality and really heavy and great.
As time goes by, the scent become sweeter in the vanilla way and a heavy and sharp herbal note kicked in. you can still smell that resinous amber scent but it's not strong like the opening.
The sharp and herbal note looks like to be coriander, but I think patchouli and geranium notes are much more prominent than coriander!
In the base, the strong sweet vanilla scent settled down and turned to a semi sweet, creamy and sensual scent with some spices from coriander in the background.
Projection is great and longevity is awesome.
It's definitely unisex, but a little more on feminine side!

یه عطر بسیار خوب دیگه بر پایه رایحه کهربا که بوی خیلی متفاوتی نسبت به عطرهای مشابه خودش نداره، اما کیفیت بالا و قیمت بسیار عالی داره
رایحه اولیه این عطر بوی قوی و سنگین و صمغ مانندی هست که کمی رایحه های تند و ادویه ای و مقدار مشخصی رایحه های شیرین باهاش ترکیب شدن
به مرور و با گذر زمان عطر گرمتر و شیرین تر میشه و حس وانیلی پیدا میکنه و در این مرحله یه رایحه قوی گیاهی مانند به مشام میرسه
در رایحه میانی شما بوی خیلی شیرین وقوی وانیلی حس میکنین که هنوز اون حس قوی و صمغ مانند هم همراهشه و البته بوی تند و تیز و قوی گیاهی مانندی باهاش ترکیب شده
شمااین بو رو برای مدت زیادی دارین تا به رایه پایه برسین
در رایحه پایه بوی قوی و شیرین عطر خیلی ملایم میشه و حس نیمه شیرین و خیلی جذابی پیدا میکنه که رایحه خیلی ملایمی از رایحه های ادویه ای هم میشه در کنارش حس کرد
پخش بوی عطر بسیار خوبه و ماندگاری عالی روی پوست داره
خیلی کار متفاوت و منحصربفردی نیست اما به طور حتم جزو بهترین هاست
عطر یونیسکس عنوان شده اما کفه ترازو به سمت زنانه کمی سنگینتره تا مردانه، ولی آقایون هم به راحتی میتونن از این عطر استفاده کنن و لذت ببرن

Majesty
Majesty

A very well and carefully made amber scent. First impression,a dark,mysterious amber but..wait..when vanilla joins in it gives that smooth,fluffy,buttery feeling that makes you wanna bite your wrist!The drydown is more powdery very similar to Histoire de Parfums Ambre 114. A ''vanillic'' amber scent,where amber holds vanilla back and prevents it from feeing cloying!It is unisex but I find it more suitable for women. Blame it on the powdery finish!Good lasting power,typical for Montale perfumes.

hbomb9410
hbomb9410

Blue Amber is pretty similar to the other respected niche ambers out there; however, the first few seconds smell exactly like Fernet Branca. Weird.

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

Amber? Yes but finally , resoluteness with the man′s base. Not for me :)

anguslairdmcangus
anguslairdmcangus

OVERALL RATING: * * *

Opening: Vanilla, Amber (of course), and some Spice. Rich and powerful--a few drops will radiate out 7-10 feet.

Middle: The vanilla and amber persist as the spice recedes to the background. Patchouli begins to assert itself.

Dry down: Deep, brown vanilla. Amber is still present, though weakened. I am surprised that the Patchouli never became a dominant note.

Blue Amber is powerfully masculine to my nose, with an explosive sillage. Is it complex? Not really--unless you consider a tiger to be a complex creature. What is a tiger? It is millions of years of evolutionary predation distilled into a straightforward killing machine. Opaque, unknowable to the human mind, but not complex.

Though there is no musk in Blue Amber, the fragrance somehow mimics its effect. The interplay of vanilla and deep, deep amber perhaps.

Most fragrances tend to die on my skin rather quickly. Not Blue Amber. The only other that has this kind of staying power on my body is Original Santal.

Like Original Santal, this is a thick, dense scent. I imagine not so much a cloud of fragrance around me, but a nebula.

Sillage 5.5

oliver1h
oliver1h

Rich minerale amber, with spices (for me mainly corriander), some geranium, patchouli and powdery vanilla. It has a "creamy" texture, and I can wholeheartedly agree with @sherapop, that this is more brown/light brown than blue, or if I must call it blue, I would do so because it is really a warm scent. It smells rather sweet but not cloying. Blue Amber is also very relaxing, and I can imagine wearing this both a normal day, or a more intimate night. Sillage and longevity are both good.

jamjazz
jamjazz

so deep, so luscious dark amber, with coriander standing out. mysterious and eccentric, love at first sniff.

Jwaks
Jwaks

A very pleasant scent with sweet amber, powdery vanilla and a touch of coriander. Quite powdery and feminine in the opening, it gets spicier, earther (thanks to the patchoulli) and more floral in the drydown. Amber and semi-sweet vanilla persist 'till the end. A deep and enchanting scent, perhaps full bottle worthy for amber and spice lovers. Better amber scents are available for about the same price or less such as hermes ambre narguille and lutens ambre sultan.

update : The amber, lightly sweet almost powdery vanilla, spicy coriander with light earthy, wood notes from the patchouli and vetiver is an amazing combination! I like it more and more with each sniff and it keeps me going back for more. I'll have to retest some of the other favorite amber scents to do a little comparison.

polka
polka

A friend of mine, a perfumoholic just like me, has been insanely into amber frags recently, so I've tested many ambers over the last few months. This one starts pretty surprisingly with fresh, herbal combo of citrus, geranium and vetiver, that adds an unusual, minty undertone to its opening. That’s not the amber I would like to wear. After some time spices join in, making the frag warmer and a bit dusty. It eventually dries down into decent, velvety, slightly vanilic amber. This is the best moment of Blue Amber, but waiting for it simply takes too long.

antfarm
antfarm

Rich, true amber with a wearable transparency: think somewhere between Prada's L'eau Ambree and Lutens' Ambre Sultan. Perfect.

Blimunda
Blimunda

This Montale creation is on the certain way to become one of my favorite amber fragrances as well as almost the only perfume from this house I like, respect and would love to wear.

There is nothing much to describe beside saying it is a pretty and cozy, powdery and warm, gentile, almost gourmand amber spiced with initial smell of geranium which soon after calms down and let the woody, dusty amber takes control of the fragrance.

It has good lasting power and moderate strength and aura.

kookaburrah
kookaburrah

This is a potent amber with a medicinal, pungent, bracing beginning (must be the geranium and coriander) which I struggle with. Luckily it morphs over some hours into a long lasting drydown, powdery and vanillic. It garners quite a few compliments too.

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

Definitely *not my type of amber here either. It's very similar to Ambre114, except the coriander and geranium are even mooore pronounced here!

Sadly, I just cannot dig geranium as a perfume note and the coriander means this is yet another 'bitter' amber opening- very off-putting. Medicinal almost.

Some sweetness comes in later, but the coriander is more persistent here than in Histore's version, and the geranium keeps that cool floral theme going for me inducing headaches.

Not much else going on, it is an amber-based scent after all, but later vanilla does appear strong, which is always nice.

The quality is fine for niche and the price point but this scent is sadly just not my taste for this review.

Personal: 2/5.
Quality: 4/5.

williamvargas
williamvargas

one of the best amber scents i have encountered, got a reasonably sized sample and i have to say, very pleasing..i prefer it to tom ford's amber scent..and that is saying alot , but i have them side by side and i really do prefer this one.a litte lighter on application, much more subtle a fragrance but not in a disapointing way.. i like it..try this one if you can and compare it.if you like amber scents, prada's amber is in high school, this one is in college. wow..
i have not as yet found an amber scent i like more..this is good stuff..

dbrii24
dbrii24

What a beauty! Most Montale Fragrances take you on an interesting journey and this one is no different. It starts off strong and spicy with a blast of amber, patchouli and vetiver and settles down into a heavenly amber, vanilla and coriander masterpiece! It is powdery but it blends in very well and adds depth to the magic. The silage and longevity are insane; one spray of this dynamo gets you far! I wore it to bed the other night and could still smell it at noon the next day. A must try!

Montale BLUE AMBER is a good example of an "amber for the sake of amber" perfume. The composition seems really very straightforward: labdanum plus vanillin plus a few other ingredients. The result is a buttery, barely sweet golden amber. Although vanilla is listed as a separate note, it really is a part of the amber complex, it seems to me. This is not a very sweet perfume.

I also would not describe BLUE AMBER as spicy or incensy or woody. I am not at all sure why this is supposed to be blue, as the composition is not cool, but warm. To me it is golden brown: essentially amber tout court! If you are looking specifically for amber, without a lot of distractions, BLUE AMBER is an excellent choice, made with high-quality components. The sillage is medium and longevity excellent.

Postumo
Postumo

I love it: great amber/vanilla combo, crazy longevity and good sillage.

I have to disagree with Melyhelly and her Montale pricetag comment: ordering directly from them you get 50ml of Blue Amber for 55€. If you buy 100ml or 2x50ml you get free shipping worldwide and 20ml free of any Montale of your choice.

That's quite a deal compared to most niche houses :S

4.75/5 for Blue Amber, which could possibly become the perfum i'd choose if i could only have one.

I really like Blue Amber!
I had a sample that I'm using now in colder weather and it gives relief to my soul!
It doesn't smell too complicated, rather a good amber scent, quite close to the skin and with a medium level of complexity.
This smells the way I would have liked Shalimar to smell on me!
It's long lasting, elegant, sweet but not cookie/foody and it gives an aura of soft, mysterious yet approachable elegance to the wearer!
It makes people come closer.
I cannot say if it deserves the crazy Montale's pricetag. It much dependns on your own possibilities.
I can say it's worthy a FB if you are looking for amber fragrance.

Every once in a while you hear about how great a niche house is, from other parfumistas. When I read up on some of the scents they make, that interested me, they all seemed to have rather common "notes". After receiving a few samples and a couple spray decants from other members, I can honestly say this is one company that lives up to the "hype"!

Blue Amber is, perhaps, one of the best "amber" scents I have EVER smelled...if not THE BEST. Usually fragrances that have their notes listed linearly are not really all that intruiging or exciting. THIS, on the other hand, is one of those "to die for" scents. Rich, sweet (but not saccharine or gourmand) and exotic are the first words that come to mind upon applying it; and it just keeps getting better. Amber "comes" in many colors (gold, grey, black...) in perfumery. I was skeptical about another "blue" anything...but, lo! and behold this borders on the divine.

A regal couple: slightly dry and crumbly amber resin and sensual dark vanilla, spiced with dry geranium and corriander, recline on a bed of smoky vetiver, as patchouli dances suggestively and erotically around them. Bergamot (for once) does not "open" the show but adds a subtle brightly bitter aspect to the entire construct without being another "citrusy" scent. This amber IS blue; like the deep dark blue color the sky turns just before the sun sinks slowly beneath the horizon, somewhere between the fading warm golden and deep orange tones of evening and the velvet black of night. I used to think the MORE notes a perfume had (or the more unique and unusual they were) the better it was; this company has made me see it is not WHAT notes are in it, so much as how wonderfully they are blended and the quality and concentration of them. This fragrance makes me think of the tales spun by Scherazade in the Arabian Nights, complete with bazaars, genies, flying carpets, magic lamps and lost cities filled with treasure. And just like the stories she told to the Sultan (in an attempt to delay her own death) it goes on and on and on...pulling you in; surrounding you with beauty, magic and wonder!

Sillage: very good
Longevity: superb
Overall: 4.75/5

Incensey but not too smoky, sweet but nowhere near cloying and dark without being BLACK, NOIR or stygian; BLUE AMBER has captivated me. Somewhere between an incense oil and a perfume this has me, quite frankly, in its spell. When I received this is, I spritzed a tiny bit (less than 1/2 a spray of a decant) on a test strip on a Sunday afternoon...and, on Thursday you could still smell it on that strip, laying on my dresser, while laying in my bed!!

I often wear one scent in the morning and sometimes in mid-afternoon to evening don another one...one application of Blue Amber is all I needed for the entire day, AND I could still smell it the next morning! This House may cost more, and be "niche" but trust me, my friends, it is worth every penny that you paid-and then some.

Mr. CG White
Mr. CG White

This is a beautiful fragrance the longevity is amazing and the citris vanilla tones are to die for and te dry down is heaven!

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

After few wearings, I found this remarquable!

It is a bit like Bois d'Arménie de Guerlain without the incence. Bit more salty than Bois d'Arménie.

This have a decent longevity on my skin and yes, it is creamy amber well rounded by other notes. Bit flowery too, I Like it!

purplebird7
purplebird7

Blue Amber is my favorite amber fragrance. It is precisely that salty note which I crave because it offsets the extreme sweetness of the vanilla. Whenever I smell it, I think back to the old Chanel No. 5, wrapping itself around my skin like warm plastic. This is not a gourmand vanilla, like cookies. For that, I like L'Artisan Amber Extreme, which also has a bit of a salty, almondy note. In fact, even the amazing Ambre Sultan has a heavy dose of oregano and pungent spices. Order direct from Montale, Paris, and you get a free 20 ml travel bottle of any of their fragrances, a fabulous deal.

Kamicha
Kamicha

Let's see if I have to change the review later - this is the first time I'm wearing Blue Amber.

I ordered an amber scent sampler and only three of the fragrances really got my attention when I first sampled them to the paper: Chanel Coromandel, L'Artisan L'Eau d'Ambre and this. It was easy to say even based on the first tests that this one is really potent.

On my skin the beginning is quite smoky and the amber is distinct from the beginning. The smokiness does not disappear entirely, but fades considerably and the relatively straightforward vanilla-amber mix just seems to stay and stay. That sounds perhaps bit sweeter than it actually is, warm and powdery with some sweetness would probably be my description.

Funny thing is that I don't see anything too woodsy in the ingredient list, but the only slightly dissatisfying facet on this scent is the faint aroma of pencil shreds I get on the whole lifeline of this fragrance. I would love to know what ingredient that is - it does not mix well with my skin chemistry.

Coriander is a note I usually like a lot, but I have to say that I missed it totally on the first time.

I'm quite inclined to try this on layering.

Edit. I've grown to love this amber and its sweet, woody-vanillic drydown. still slightly hesitant to buy a bottle. My 1 ml sample has lasted for several applications... ...just can't see how I could use this scent from spray bottle. I would kill all the fragrance-haters, with no intention...

Berteke
Berteke

I am really happy with this amber fragrance. Gentle, powdery, warm, spicy and the staying powder is very strong. Not as suprising and goed als Ambre Sultan, but for me it is a feel good scent

HOTRODS BY JP
HOTRODS BY JP

very soft a kida powdery drydownthis scent can go both ways, for man or a women,I just tried a sample on my arm and this is not bad, i would were this to work, I would think that folks around me would like the way I smell, so id say buy this one ist preaty good.

Kankuro
Kankuro

Are there any other notes than amber and vanilla? These two are the only ones I can detect. To me it seems like Blue Amber is Ambre Sultan without the smoky spices. Staying power is good and sillage is strong, but the scent is BORING!

Kterhark
Kterhark

I'm LOVING this fragrance, because to my absolute delight this is very similar to Bois D'Armenie by Guerlain. I checked and the only two notes these have in common is Coriander and Patchouli. Nevertheless the drydown is the same, as is the longevity. Both have the wonderful vanilla note thing going on, which just lasts and lasts. Two snaps and a circle for this fragrance :-)

yzqrvpx
yzqrvpx

The Montale fragrances are extremely expensive for very little payback. This is a mess of a fragrance and while a man _might_ be able to wear this on a cold night, I do not recommend it for a lady for any season or time of day. It is a hardcore oriental with bergamot and patchouli dominating throughout the scent. I get nothing oriental from it's dry down. Maybe they consider it oriental because of the amber? My nose gets very little amber out of this. Wear it at your own risk.

jeca
jeca

I like it very much, so mineral and so tender spicy, with a very beautiful note of geranium. Mysterious and dreaming.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Montale Blue Amber fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Montale Blue Amber, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Blue Amber by Montale. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Blue Amber by Montale represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.