Designers » M » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Chocolate Greedy Montale for women and men
dislike

cacao
coffee

Chocolate Greedy by Montale is a Oriental Vanilla fragrance for women and men. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Montale. The fragrance features coffee, cacao, tonka bean, bitter orange, vanilla and dried fruits.

Coffee Cacao Tonka Bean Bitter Orange Vanilla Dried Fruits

Choco Musk
Amour De Cacao
Vanille Coco

Chocolate Greedy Fragrance Reviews

ForrealMe2
ForrealMe2

I am updating this one too because this will save people a lot of money..and i finalized my mission to find the best chocolate..so listen in..these updates i would say are the real reviews where more time was given and much testing where as the first ones are the initial sprays into an hour when i first got to try them. Sorry i get excited and i want to review cause i love perfumes..but i have to learn to give it more time so that is why i am updating them. I will describe each of the top 6 chocolate perfumes recommended to buy.

JUST BUY MONTALE!! Don't even think about it its the best. Price 130-140 bucks or at the normal price of 170-180 without coupons but over all you will save hundreds of dollars than trying to figure out which one will do the job if you don't know what they smell like.There is nothing better than Montale Greedy it is a long lasting sillage bomb of a fragrance. It is expensive but you can get discount coupons from time to time and bring down the price plus no one beats the quality in this little can. It is a dark chocolate almost minty cake in the beginning but turns more chocolate after the drydown..still delicious. Its fuzzy. It is both cold and warm as time passes. It is rich and one spray is sufficient enough after i tested all the other fragrances..but since i am greedy with fragrance you know i will do like 2-4 sprays so i get it on my clothes and skin. Lasts 6-8 hours with strong sillage and comes down after the 5-6 hour mark but you can still smell it on your clothes the next day.

Guerlain Gourmand Coquin lasted with its sillage 2 hours tops and on clothes very lightly around 5 but i am talking about lightly. Gorgeous scent a chocolate rich cherried rum liquor but not worth the 280. I know some will differ because the quality of the scent but the quality versus performance is big to me when spending a lot of money. Decant or Split it. But it is worth testing i say get a sample to at least try it! I felt like i was warned but because i was so anxious to try it i splurged and bought it but i would have rather just been happy with a small decant of it because it wouldn't do the job for when i would need it for a special occasion because the performance wouldn't meet my need.

Chocomania is the second closest to chocolate probably outside of CSP Amour De Cocao. It is a sweet nutty chocolate bar. I love it soo much! Like a Hershey bar with Almonds. The oils that make it nutty make it borderline a beachy chocolate scent. But it only lasts around 2-4 hours tops just like chocolovers. Sillage is strong around 2-3 in and dying down by the 3rd hour into the 4th. Another cheaper alternative you have to reapply more later on. Price 7-14 on EDT depending on sales and same for the oil, body butter 20-10 depending on sales.You must layer to get the full effect. try EDT with body butter or oil first.

Aquolina Chocolovers...amazing hazelnut scent almost like chocolate but not exactly with orange and alot of coriander to make it spicy..once you try all these chocolates you will see this perfume comes off brash and not as smooth but it is a sillage bomb and very sweet..so for that its great but it is not as long lasting or as dark chocolate as Montale Greedy.Price minimum $50 dollars and above for only a 1.7oz/50ml bottle and possibly turned in color because its discontinued.

Amber Chocolate..3rd amazing chocolate fragrance..this is exactly like chocolate milk at the first spray..like the one you drank when you were little out of the milk cartons. Then it transforms to a more amber chocolate.Top quality scentwise. It has same average longevity but i don't have a sprayer to test it on clothes but on skin it lasts as long as most chocolate scents but its up there with Montale and Coquin in quality.Expensive 15ml 115 dollars and 50 ml 145 US with shipping.

Choco Musk smells alittle and i am being nice when i say alittle like Montale but more like a gummy chapstick chocolate but use alot of it and it will radiate but don't expect much its not a Montale. And the more you use the less of it there is but it's so cheap it is a nice alternative that won't break the bank. Price 3-7 for 6ml/0.20oz plus shipping and also 6 pack for 15-20 bucks total. It is not an exact dupe of Montale. Montale is far superior..it doesn't have the same smell or feeling or performance...but you could just put on more of it since its an oil but the bottles are small so you would run out fast to try to get a long lasting big sillage effect if that were possible..the sillage is close to the skin and sometimes and i mean sometimes you may get some wafts..

polly golightly
polly golightly

quando lo indosso mi sento un cioccolatino ambulante :)

chala
chala

Love at first sniff! Whenever I wear it, it makes me feel happier, sweeter, more delicious haha!. I keep sniffing myself all day. On me it smells more like buttery, creamy, nutty biscuits than chocolate. So delicious! Amazing longevity, very good sillage.

No higher praise than a compliment from my mum! She is often horrified by some of my fragrance choices and is not shy when it comes to being vocal about it. On the rare occasion I get a positive comment, I treasure it.
"Have you been eating chocolate?"
"Nah...I just smell of chocolate...do you like it?"
"Yeah it's nice...you really smell of Chocolate, just like drinking chocolate"

That constitutes a compliment to me, and this stuff does project it has classic Montale strength to it, obviously not the strength of the powerful Oud fragrances but very good.
I'm seriously stuck between chocolate greedy, vanilla absolu and intense cafe, to be my first Montale purchase.

This is a true chocolate a bitter cacao note in the top which fades back into a slightly paler Vanille Absolu which I adore BTW.
I can't say I dislike this fragrance far from it, in fact it's yummy, sweet, woody, vanilla just a bit redundant for me, Simply because of the similarity to VA.
This is chocolate/vanilla wafers and when you smell really deep it does have a slight fruitiness and something which is undoubtedly Montale about it.
Just like choosing an Ice cream flavour sometimes you're in the mood for chocolate sometimes vanilla...sometimes both?
So I love this too...absolutely love it but when the ice cream in question costs over £100 a scoop (flacon) you have to make your mind up as you can't have both.

Aleksandja
Aleksandja

I really like Montale and like gourmands but this is very boring to my nose. It has a prominent Nutella smell - which is fine by me, but after the dry down I get rose or a hint of candied fruit and it just smells something more akin to a body-wash then a fine perfume. Everybody should get a sample, jut to try what it feels like to smell like a cookie -- but its not everyone's cup of full-bottle-buy.

cloyd42
cloyd42

It's a bad sign when you put on VERY EXPENSIVE perfume and 10 minutes later your family is in the kitchen eating Nutella sandwiches. There's not a nut note described but everyone who has smelled this (I've tried it twice) says "Nutella". After some time, about half an hour, the orange and vanilla kick in with the dried fruits and the effect moves to a cup of sour cheap day-old flavored coffee from a gas station. The problem here is that the vanilla is artificial and the orange is more sour than bitter. Unless you're desperate to attract a zombie with a sweet tooth, I'd stay away from this sad mess. If you're looking for a similar better FAR MORE REASONABLY PRICED scent I'd recommend Aquolina Chocolovers. They don't get a lot of love on Fragrantica but at least their products smell as advertised.

Sillage: living next door to Willie Wonka
Longevity: have now scrubbed twice after 3-4 hours
Fabulosity: Raisenets on the floor of a movie complex
Price to value ratio: terrible
2/10 for wasting my time again.

darktarot
darktarot

Öncelikle, ürünü İstanbul Zorlu Center Beymen mağazasına gidip deneyebilirsiniz diyerek söze başlayayım (Bütün Montale çeşitleri var). Diğer yorumlarda da belirtildiği gibi, Montale Chocolate Greedy gofret/kurabiye kokusu ile açılıyor. Açılıştaki bu yüksek tatlı çikolata kısa bir süre sonra normal kakao-vanilya bileşimine dönüyor ve sonuna kadar bu çizgide ilerliyor.

Geçişkenlik olarak kısır bir parfüm ama gerçekten çikolata vanilya hastasıysanız göz atmanızda fayda var diye düşünüyorum. 100 ml fiyatı 395 TL (2014 Şubat). Çok ilginç bir seyirde ilerlemeyen niş bir parfüm için bu bedeli ödeyip ödemeyeceğiniz size kalmış ama açıkçası koku olarak tam benim sevdiğim çikolata-vanilya kıvamında. Sonbahar/Kış sezonu için uygun. Gofret/Kurabiye/Pasta gibi kokmak isteyenler bir an önce denesin!!

jasonx
jasonx

Overly sweet, flat & one dimensional, smells more like cookie than chocolate

CLevol
CLevol

Oh, i like to eat it, but just the opening: The fragrance becomes a more earthy ( a bit of the skin of the newly roasted coffee bean) and warm vanilla notes after 10 minutes on my skin!
This full warm earthy vanilla becomes softer and softer and never too sweet!
This Montale perfume is really mouthwatering and at the same time very cozy!
I do not think it is a fragrance for lovers of white flowers

Jay T
Jay T

Je ne sais pas ce que les gens parlent quand ils disent ce parfum est linéaire. Je obtenu cappachino, fruits secs, puis le café. Ce parfum a une bonne projection et une bonne longévité. 8 heures plus tard, il est toujours aussi fort.

schokolade
schokolade

Believe me, I really want to love this, but it is.. not my cup of tea.
I've been always loving swwet gourmant perfume from Creme brulle by Laura Mercier to Back to Black by Kilian.
But this?...
Got no beauty nor deepness, but aggression.
Boredom and headache, that's what I got.
I bought a whole bottle and I'm regretting it.
So DO NOT BLIND BUY IT!

shesmovedon
shesmovedon

So yummy! For those of you familiar with the collection of EDT Sephora makes (might be a european thing), this smells almost exactly like the brown one (called "chocolat praline" here), but deeper and better quality.
Smells edible with none of that patchouli-chocolate nonsense (patchouli will never smell like chocolate to me no matter how much sugar you add to it, sorry Angel!).

lhollingdrake
lhollingdrake

I sprayed some on before a nap and woke to my boyfriend sniffing and kissing me and saying "you chocolated yourself!"

Eos
Eos

While this is definitely yummy, on my skin it smells more like graham crackers with a little milk chocolate rather than a full blown cocoa fragrance. I suspect its the tonka that is creating that dry-dusty-sweet-woody effect. Strangely, this is not a particularly rich or lush scent even though it is very foody. Nice, but not full bottle worthy for me. Its worth noting that in my opinion, Al-Rehab Choco Musk lasts longer and smells both sweeter and more chocolatey.

pjd1234
pjd1234

CHOCOLATE GREEDY ive been wanting to write a review on this for a long time now here is what I get creamy chocolate, chocolate latte, nesquick, milk cocoa, the vibe is very warm in my experience hot milk cocoa on a cold weather and just relaxing. The bitter orange on the note description is non existent to my nose. chocolate greedy is pretty much a linear scent just one dimensional you will get chocolate period from start to finish the scent is very gourmandish and very true to life that you wanted to engulf what your smelling and for me that's a positive thing. Im sure this is a love or hate scent and pretty much an impractical scent as it is very true to life smell. Don't be surprised if someone might think that you spilled a chocolate drink on yourself:). Overall a very good release from montale id say for its scent alone a masterpiece I can humbly say that this is the king of gourmands.

longevity 8-10 solid hours even longer. 9/10

sillage/projection moderate to heavy it does project its potent and strong you will definitely get noticed 9/10.

uniqueness 8/10 very unique very original but an impractical scent hard to wear this scent and I think very easy to imitate im sure there are more scents out there that would have the same smell or atleast that will remind you of chocolate greedy.

overall smell 9/10 very good the king of gourmands IMO very true to life smell nothing synthetic here.

price vs quality 9/10 based on retail of 150usd id say reasonable its potent, it last, natural smelling quality fragrance.

versatility cold weather scent is the best to wear this scent in my opinion.

Disappointment!
It smells biscuits, not chocolate.
I don't want to smell so truly gourmand.
Long-lasting, but simple to me.

fooluae
fooluae

lol
i smell it
one word
100% smell like biscuit jelecoz i dont rely remaber name

biscuit that kids like if u know it

funny smell but ymmy

Germany
Germany

Montale Chocolate Greedy, excellent , stunning edible stuff. I have had so many comments and compliments on this , from, what's baking? To OMG you smell edible to I need to get this stuff for myself .... My oldest son loves it. He says it smells like I just baked something.
I am now hooked and need a second Montale , these scents are unlike other perfumes because they smell like things or places , not like perfume. Quite unique !

iam2sexy4uris
iam2sexy4uris

This is a fragrance that you buy to layer it with other fragrances. It's too cookies and too blah on it's own. Longevity is under 1 hour ( on my skin ), so by it self it's very weak and boring. But, when you add it to other fragrances that are missing your favorite chocolate note, this stuff becomes magical.

CoffeeCologne
CoffeeCologne

So I put this on before my wife came home from work. She walked into the kitchen (where I had been a few minutes earlier) and said, "What did you make for lunch? It smells like brownies." I told her that it must be my new cologne. She came over and smelled my arm to make sure. I was expecting her to tell me that it was a ridiculous scent to wear, but she loved it! She rarely remarks on my fragrances.(She just expects me to smell different each day.) She then said, "I might just have to eat you up." That sealed the deal for me. I am now a huge fan of Chocolate Greedy!

10/10 (but you've got to love chocolate)

bcoops
bcoops

a must for chocolate/vanilla gourmand lovers, great longevity and projection... I agree with sweetpea bout the choco musk...its a very good replacement the only thing it lacks in IMO is projection where GC excells

WildDove
WildDove

Oreo's, 'Nilla wafers, animal crackers, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate cake frosting. Mellows later to have a boozey liqueur vibe. Delicious!

hedward
hedward

Nutella.

To celebrate the drop in temperature of thirty degrees, I've decided to try some of the foody Montales, beginning with Chocolate Greedy, about which I've been curious for quite some time, though I confess to never having believed that it would eventually end up on my wish list. Smelling like food items is not really my thing. I love to smell and to eat good food, but I am not chocolate croissant or a mocha latte or anything of the sort. I should try to find out when in the history of perfumery this idea first emerged, of scenting oneself as though one were a food item. There must have been a point at which this became a popular thing to do...

Chocolate Greedy opens smelling an awful lot like my memory of Hershey's chocolate syrup. Very sweet and with a specific type of chocolate scent not identical with cocoa or chocolate bars but of that particular product. It's been many years since I consumed any Hershey's syrup, and I've no idea whether it still exists in its original form, but it was a thin dark brown sugar syrup with a distinctive flavor created by the combination of the syrup and the cocoa.

Once Chocolate Greedy dries down, it smells much less sweet, and there is something slightly off in the composition which reminds me of a stale sheet cake, such as the scent which might be produced after an office party in celebration of an employee's birthday or perhaps retirement. Let's say that the party took place on Friday afternoon, and for some reason the janitor took the weekend off. Everyone returns to the office to find the remains of the huge chocolate sheet cake, now a bit crusty on the open edges, though parts of the cake have been protected by the thick coating of frosting. The drydown of Chocolate Greedy smells to me more like the stale than the fresh parts of the cake.

Predictably enough: Not for me. Given all of the love I've seem for this perfume, however, it's no doubt worth a trial run by anyone who enjoys smelling like food items, as it apparently works quite well on some people's skins, just not mine. I disagree with the comparisons to Comptoir Sud Pacifique Amour de Cacao, which to me offers a very different (and more pleasant) scent.

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

Let's face it, this perfume is GORGEOUS. It smells just like cocoa puffs cereal :) Super chocolatey, a little musky, and powdery. A sweet, comforting scent that will get your chocolate mojo flowing! But for less than $5.00, I can buy Al Rehab Choco Musk and get the same scent. In fact, I can't tell the difference between the two, to be honest. I got the Choco Musk perfume oil (not the spray) and it lasted forever! It was so yummy! I just can't get over the Montale price tag when I know there is a super duper inexpensive alternative that is just as nice. The Al Rehab version might be slightly more synthetic (and by slightly I mean VERY slight) but I really don't see the point in buying this one in its place! At least try Choco Musk. It won't break the bank! (P.S. I am not affiliated with Al Rehab; just a satisfied customer that doesn't want you to throw away $100!!!)

toffelin
toffelin

This is an amazing scent that, in the beginning, has an extremely rich chocolate scent and it feels like a freshly baked, sticky, delicious chocolate-cake-muffin-thingy. Absolutely incredible! And on top of that thick, lovely chocolate scent I can also feel a hint of fruit... After a while it turns more and more into vanilla with a hint of chocolate and that is also amazing. The longevity is unbelievable. On my skin it stays for over 24 hours even if I take a shower. And then after 48 hours I can still feel a bit of the vanilla on my skin.

FiaM
FiaM

If you want an inexpensive alternative try Demeter's Devil's Food Cake. I'm amazed at how close the two are.

Jwaks
Jwaks

Satisfy your chocolate craving with Montale chocolate greedy! One spray and you'll swear there are some semi-sweet double chocolate chip cookies hidden somewhere right next to you...the bad news...there may not be any cookies...the good news...you will smell absolutely wonderful!

Score 7/10 mmm deep, dark, chocolate with a touch of mocha!

TakaBeata

Edit: try on you skin :) Soooo good , warm not heavy :)

KajiraSuzanne
KajiraSuzanne

This is pure Heaven in a bottle! It smells like an expensive chocolatier's shop, and even the tiny vial I had lasted 18 hours and projected like a beacon.
It also attracts doggies, so if you afraid of dogs consider yourself warned (I love them so it was fun!). Just don't let them lick you where you applied the scent, because chocolate is bad for dogs (and cats).

missdeeblue
missdeeblue

Food glorious food!! Self confessed foodie very much into gourmands hits this bottle and melts! It has a very rare quality. Now, one can go to the store, and buy a snickers. Or the other choice is to go to the finest choclatiers and select the best. THAT is the difference between this and other choccy frags. I have never before tested a scent so close to the real chocolate thing. Not just chocolate, no no no don't even think of the chocolate candle type scent.. we are talking sticking your head in a tank of chocolate heaven. No bitterness, no sickly sweet, very very milky, I dont smell dark choc at all, maybe a tiny touch of nutty praline. I praise it!! Unlike other gourmands, packing such a punch, I wouldnt have the nerve to wear more than a tiny drop, in case someone tried to eat me .. hmmm maybe thats not a bad thing!!!

/ / Nesquick below is a perfect description!

del
del

Chocolate Greedy takes you inside a bakeshop - a chocolate-mocha cake in your one hand, and a sponge cake in the other, then you sit by the trays of chocolate cupcakes with orange frosting. The notes tumble from chocolate powder mix to pastry, with noticeable nuts, almonds, and faint orange before settling to warm vanilla/cocoa that smells like the leftover powder at the bottom of the glass of the finished chocolate milk drink. (Think Nesquik)

Chocolate Greedy lasts a long time, with a nice projection. The “sticky/thick” quality can be cloying if sprayed more than twice on a hot day. Other than that, It’s a must-try scent for every sweet-scents lover searching for a delicious gourmand.

polka
polka

One of those frags you feel like sniffing from time to time, but not a great perfume to wear. The smell itself is divine; it’s so realistic that makes you drool and keeps your mind busy thinking about Belgian chocolate, pralines, and all other possible assortment of sweets. One of the best chocolate frags out there in the perfume world; soft and vanilic, not overly sweet, well balanced, without any false, artificial notes. It’s more than gourmand; it’s literally edible. For me personally it is extremely difficult to find any occasion to wear it. However, if you decide to spritz it on yourself, you’ll find it pretty long-lasting and of nice sillage.

Beware, all of you, currently on a diet; this one will make run to the nearest store, grab the biggest chocolate bar you can find and devour it within one minute! Chocolate greed inducer!

kayley123
kayley123

I love this; it is sort of like the Hershey's powder you use to make chocolate milk, it has a sort of powdered, milky chocolate feel to me, maybe from the vanilla. Maybe I shouldn't want to just smell like chocolate...and it DOES make me want to eat chocolate all the time...but it's just...well, delicious!

خليفة سويدان
خليفة سويدان

.. عطر ولا اروع تناغم في مراحل العطر بإحتراف بين الشكلا و القهوة و الفانيليا فوحان 10/10 بدون مبالغه .. اريد سؤال فقط ماهو افضل عطر لمونتال ؟

Zenith
Zenith

Lovely comfort scent. Actually smells like rich chocolate cake batter. Rich, thick dark chocolate with a lot of sugar in it.

While I do like this, I really don't think I would wear it often in public. I like chocolate cakes but I don't want to appear as one.

Lovely scent, somewhat impractical

Shwets
Shwets

ImLovesPapa is spot on about Al Rehab Choco Musk.

supergirl83221
supergirl83221

I get ecstatic when a certain perfume makes me nostalgic of my childhood days. Chocolate Greedy is sooo YUMMY! It smells so authentic that reminds me of my fave chocolate biscuit with orange filling when I was in elementary school. One of the best gourmands IMO. It opens with a dark, dry chocolate. Too chocolatey that it makes you wanna eat it. :) It is not overly sweet nor cloying. The bitter orange comes in to the picture but is then mixed with vanilla and coffee notes. On dry down, it is mostly vanilla and coffee on me. Lasts a good 3-4 hours on my skin. :)

lmlovespapa
lmlovespapa

Al-rehab perfumes which is an Arabic company has a oil called choco musk which not only smells better than this but you can find it for about $3-$5 online and in Arabic stores DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY PEOPLE

antfarm
antfarm

I had a sample of this, and it was fantastically realistic and had perfect sillage dabbed. It smells more like milk chocolate than the bitter dark chocolate note a lot of perfumers use.

Then I bought the full bottle and it was a bit overwhelming when sprayed. Used in spray bursts, it reminds me of sweaty fingertips reaching for handfuls of Cocoa Puffs cereal, kind of like hungry little preschoolers. It lasts a long time too, which is good if you like milk chocolate and want to smell like the chocolately fingertips of grubby little hands.

My advice: If you want to smell chocolately and nice, just dab it.

Darwish
Darwish

Chocolat greedy and Red Aoud are both masterpieces. That's how Gourmand perfumes should smell like, however I should warn you: these products are extremely addictive, edidle and absolutely aphrodisiac!!

It's very strong and stays on very well. I test-sprayed it on my hands and it didn't go away with washing or handgloves :-) To me it has a very buttery feeling. It's like a butter cookie meets chocolate. For me it's so far the best Montale scent.

TakaBeata

On my skin only butter cookies. But on air nice :)
...
After 3 month I love this :))

vhelsing
vhelsing

Yes! I've finally got a little bit of this perfume, and I hope to get whole buttle as soon as possible. I smells ,in first moment, like chocolate cake with orange peel, very intensiv, overhelming, but than I notice cacao drink from my early childhood, so when I sniff this ,all good memories comes back. I'ts fascinating !!!

enzyme1
enzyme1

This kind of smells like chocolate, but not a chocolate that you would want to eat. It smells like a milky way bar that has been sat on, then left a mark on a car seat then baked in the car for a while, then tried to cover up the stench with some sort of air freshener but that has failed.
At the start you can detect the citrus fruity vibe behind the dryish coco if you concentrate enough. I dont detect the coffee note much if at all. I find that it is all too much and find the scent to be nauseating and lingering, it is just on the wrong side of too sweet for my tastes. To make matters worse it is one of the few scents that makes my nose and eyes itch, the other being DKNY be delicious. So far my niche experience has not been good, I think they all smell a bit synthetic, it is to be expected that they use synthetic materials but to have the synthetic vibe come though on an expensive niche perfume is a bit rude to the customers. Ill give it one more sniff before wrapping up this review *sniffs* yeah it is the same it has this hayish dry coco aspect as well which is nice, but then the vanilla/milky component kicks into overdrive ruining the whole thing for me , it really is nauseating.
This chocolate is definetly gone off, this is just my opionion but do not blind buy, also I dont think this would smell good on anyone else, mixed with body odour I think this would cause people to throw up if trapped in a confined space like a car or elevator on a hot day.

Dittnergirl
Dittnergirl

There are many excellent reviews of this perfume, but here is my comparison of CSP Amour de Cacao, Chocolate Greedy and Serendipitous. All are very gourmand without the complexity of say, Guerlain's Charnel Gourmand Coquin (a "floral chocolate"). Amour has a much stronger orange zest blast at the opening and dries down very creamy and sweet - like milky hot chocolate. Greedy is more of a dark chocolate. The coffee keeps it interesting, without adding a woodsy or fruity tone. It's still sweet, but not in a milk chocolate way. Serendiptious is divine chocolate orange-zest candy floss, but has very poor sillage and lasting power. Am I bad to love all three?

123andrea
123andrea

Me ne son fatto lasciare un samplino oggi per mia sorella, ma ne ho messo un poco su un polso.

Profumo di pasticceria.
Molto cioccolato, non direi di quello fondente-amaro, tuttaltro e molta vaniglia, senz'altro.

Ma saprei indicare qualcosa che si avvicna ancora di più al cuore di questa fragranza: è il profumo di quando s'immergono i biscotti (di una nota marca, ideali per la crescita dell'infante...) nel latte!
Sapore di colazione di qualche annetto fa!
Strabiliante: come avranno fatto?!
Grande sensazione ma non un profumo per me.

orchid_84
orchid_84

Chocolate Greedy starts off with a blast of bitter coffee grounds, with a slightly milky touch lingering in the background. As it progresses, it gets warmer and smoother on my skin as the cacao and vanilla emerge to add sweetness. Having said that, neither the chocolate nor vanilla are as overbearingly sweet as you might expect here. They serve to round out the fragrance, but still allow the unique scent of the coffee to shine through. I also get the sense of something nutty and creamy in this composition, lending a rich character to this fragrance that recalls a soy latte sprinkled with a hefty dose of dark chocolate flakes.

As it wears, I do start to get hints of the dried fruit and just a touch of the bitter orange, giving the tiniest bit of spice. This is a heavenly cacao fragrance. It's rich and comforting, but it always retains that bitter coffee undertone which makes it stand out from many of the other cacao/chocolate-dominant scents out there. It has a smooth, creamy quality that is similar to CSP Amour de Cacao, but I would easily say Chocolate Greedy is the more complex of the two. Both are wonderful. However, where Amour de Cacao is more of a linear milk-chocolate scent, Chocolate Greedy is more nuanced and a little darker.

i tested this last night from a sample i received from lucky scent. i like it, but don't love it. this reminds me of a melting chocolate bar. it's very yummy, and while i love gourmands this may be a tad too rich even for me. lasted over 4 hrs of pure (to my nose) melted chocolate. not a real loud chocolate scent, but very rich. i wouldn't say it's not FB worthy, but it is very expensive and "serendipity" seems to fulfill my chocolate craving at a much better price. if i was to receive this as a gift i wouldn't turn it down tho.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

This reminded me straight up of Terry's chocolate orange pieces. A rich but linear chocolate scent with good sillage and longevity, for those looking for a pure chocolate perfume that smells expensive (godiva versus cadbury basically). I would buy a full bottle if not for its price tag, for me CSP's chocolate scent would suffice to appease my chocolate cravings for now.

chowchow41
chowchow41

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM chocolat in the first spray then comes the bitter orange wich joins in. When it setlles theres the tonkabean wit coffee wich makes it very creamy. After an hour i smell more vanilla, tonkabean, coffee and the bitter orange has faded. Its delicious but i got the feeling its a more close to the skin scent. I dont think it has much sillage because i dont get any compliments. Oh well i can at least enjoy it a lot. A sprayed once at 6.30 and now at 14.30 its still going strong.

milklizard
milklizard

In the the vial, it smells more like a ripe orange, I don't get any chocolate at all. After I put it on my skin, at first sniff, its like the powdered hot chocolate that comes in tins, and waaaaay at the back there's a hint of something that reminds me of dulce de naranja (candied orange peels?). Then comes the vanilla and maybe a small bag of raisins? I smell only a tiny bit of coffee in this; I suppose a mocha with whipped cream? I don't know what tonka bean smells like, so I can't say anything about that. After a while, I get lots of milk chocolate with the smallest sprinkle of cinnamon.

I don't care if I smell like a cake or a chocolate bar or what ever else you want to call this scent. Its just so good and I would definitely buy it. Its sweet and warm, kinda woody, interesting, pleasant, and lasts an eternity!

Edit: currently smells like a shortbread cookie :)

serchina
serchina

This is like a real hot chocolate..you can eat yourself. Great sillage and longevity..
I like "Chocolate Greedy" much and I am mostly in love with chocolate notes in perfumes, but this is too much for my tatse even if chocolate is one of my favorite notes

Edit: This is delicious and become one of my favorites..I cant get enough of this amazing chocolate. Yummy

Jackfusion
Jackfusion

The opening of cocoa and vanilla with almonds, instantly reminded me of a smell of chocolate flavor biscuit cornstarch. When you close your eyes really gives the impression that I'm in the hands of a cookie. In parallel there arises an orange cake style, I can understand it easily. There is a very clear trend in fragrance, at least in the first moments. After about two hours appears a little coffee. It is a perfume that will attract many bees as it is very sweet. I liked it, but maybe let me nauseous in full wear.

timeazsofia
timeazsofia

When I first smelled it, I thought, "Oh, it's beautiful, but I don't want to smell like a cake!" (like many of other reviewers)
I decided, that I will only smell, not wear this one. But a few weeks later I just realized, that I used up my third sample, so I have to think about to buy a full bottle! What a suprise! Now however I want to smell like a cake, beacause it is amazing! :)

I agree with beamainguy, it's amazing with Black Aoud! :)

beamainguy
beamainguy

This fragrance is so warm and comforting, one of my favorite, I blend it with Black Aoud...Amazing combination!

waruna gomis
waruna gomis

This was my 5th Niche Perfume blind-buy.
Amazingly different perfume, makes my mouth water for sumptuous chocolate and a drink of a juicy orange.

I have no idea what Tonka Bean smells like but the first whiff of this perfume is very animal-like, almost vulgar in nature, like some wild cat on heat, It is very strong and very foul.

When I first smelled it I did not dislike it but thought I might attract some good or more so some mad comments from the opposite sex.
When you give it a few minutes, it transforms into a wonderful creamy milk chocolate very wet and flowing chocolate fragrance with hints of slightly rotten but sweet orange.

If you bring your nose to the perfume, the piss smell still is there but is slowly fading away.

There is a wonderful hazel nutty chocolate fragrance that envelopes you. I highly recommend this perfume.

Alalu
Alalu

Im cappuccino or Chocolate Truffle:)
the first moment I thought that I breath cacao powder with coffee....
the second moment I became cappuccino with a large dose of foam:)
This is a wonderful warm fragrance für "cold"winter days.....

angelbaby808
angelbaby808

I purchased a small vial sample of amour de cacao and really liked it but the staying power was no so good. All of my tests showed that is lasted on me for about an hour tops when applied to my wrists only ( it was a small sample!) So after reading a gazillion reviews on chocolate greedy and hearing that it was very very similar to amour de cacao I purchased a sample of that one too hoping that it would have better staying power and thinking it might be worth the extra $$ and full bottle worthy. well. I'm wearing both samples right now. One on each wrist. At first the two smells are IDENTICAL. starting with that burst of dark powdery chocolate and hazelnut and then quickly thereafter in comes that zesty orange scent ( which is not my favorite part) but then right after that it settles down into a doughy vanilla cocoa butter which I really like ( with amour de cacao anyway) The montale chocolate greedy mellowed out into ALMOST that same cocoa butter aroma, but not quite. I smell a sort of "vitamin" scented dry down in the mix that is off putting. And honestly. I've had both samples on for about 15 minutes now and the greedy is far less intense. almost gone. I can't believe that amour de cacao has better staying power and is half the price and without the foul vitamin scent. I'll do this test again later just to double check. But will probably end up going for a bottle of amour de cacao. it's the closest cocoa scent I've found so far that is not overly sweet. isn't laden with flowers, and still has that subtle vanilla and chocolate that I've been craving. It may last longer if I spray it in my hair and clothes (???) worth a try. Overall. I like chocolate greedy but think that amour de cacao works a bit better with my body chemistry. I'd suggest ordering samples of both from perfumed court or lucky scent before purchasing a full expensive bottle.

Heverton
Heverton

I bet the perfumer behind this fragrance was Willy Wonka! This is not a fragrance, is a dessert! It develops on my skin in I way like I would be eating some chocolate waffle. Chocolate Greedy opens up with a waffle type of smell, that crispy crust filled with chocolate.

After about 5 minutes we have the "inside part" of this waffle exhaling an almond aroma while the chocolate note starts to dominate the fragrance and so it stays for the whole drydown in a wonderful and pleasant way.

Very good longevity and projection on this one. Excellent fragrance for real gourmand lovers.

Smapyska
Smapyska

I just love this smell. I have got lots of compliments while wearing it. And it lasts for a long time!

boruvka44
boruvka44

So much gourmand, that I can't stand it on my body. It is like to jump into a giant 10 level cake.

zapling
zapling

Chocolate-covered raisins soaked in rum, packed in fresh twigs and left to melt in the sun... Sounds yucky? It is. This is the most disappointing sample I have ever tried. I feel queasy.
There sure is some cocoa in there, but it is overpowered by a few things I would rather not smell. Quite similar to Botrytis and Ambre Narguile, only more chocolatey of course.

da_markos
da_markos

In the nutshell - it smells like chocolate pudding with pieces of sponge cake. This one is extremely gourmand

Killercolours
Killercolours

This chocolate scent is so authentic it fools with my brain. It's so rich I'm almost sure I can feel the taste of it too. Haha.

First thing - this is mainly a thick, sweet chocolate straight through, all of the other notes are hiding in the background. But they're definitely there. The chocolate note itself is quite childish, a bit salty-greasy and very sweet. Coco puff-y. Imagine baking chocolate chip cookies, you know that batter scent, sugar butter and the fizz of baking powder. That's it.

Right after spraying it on I get orange. A bitter, leafy orange scent, definitely more mature than the chocolate. The orange evaporates quickly and after about 15 minutes the fruit is gone and a mellow coffee and hazelnut tone comes out, this is my favourite part. Now it basically smells like the perfect dessert! By this stage the scent becomes quite linear, much doesn't happen, but it stays on for a loong time. Enjoy your dessert.

The great thing about this scent is - according to me - the contrast that those "halo notes" gives. With the chocolate being sweet and goopy it feels less overpowering when paired up with a bitter leafy orange or dry coffee.

Bottom line: A fun scent for less serious days, don't overspray, or else people will definitely think that you stuffed your face with chocolate dessert. Keep it light and I promise you'll get atleast one extra long hug that day!

Emerald17
Emerald17

Chocolate and nuts. That's what I get all the way through. Not as rich, sweet, or potent as Aquolina Chocolovers, but delicious and pleasing to the senses (MY senses at least) nonetheless. After a few minutes I can detect a very very very faint dried fruit smell, but I don't believe it's noticeable enough if you're not looking for it. I'm not a fan of orange (or any fruits for that matter) with chocolate in my fragrances, so this is perfect for me. I like Serendipitous and Fleur de Chocolat, but this is my favorite of the three (with FdC second).

Migotka
Migotka

So this one is all about chocolate. From the beginning till the end all you get is velvety, smooth dark chocolate with nuts. All the notes except for the almost undetectable orange are sweet or very sweet, but somehow Chocolate Greed does not make you feel sick. It sure is rich, but is still elegant. As it develops, there is more and more vanilla with dried fruit coming to surface, and there seem to be a touch of light incense, or something smoky lingering in the background.

My problem with it is that it is too foody. The sales person I spoke to said that it might be a way to prevent you from eating chocolate, as you just get too much of a good thing by smelling it the whole day. But I think I would not like to smell of chocolate that is so literal and edible, specially knowing that there is a bunch of scents out there that did the same thing for a lot less money.

krissycat
krissycat

I just ordered a sample of this because I was really surprised how expensive this perfume is. I'm a chocoholic so I need to have this perfume. I hope it smells as good as the reviews here say!

Rouu
Rouu

1st of all THANKS to Floof for the sample :)

i didnt know that i might even like a perfume like this , But .. I TRULY LOVE CHOCOLATE GREEDY !

um not a chocolate fan at all , i don't eat chocolate or any of its products at all.. but starting form the name CHOCOLATE GREEDY , silly name in a good way .. was a good hit attracting any vanilla lover to take a look ..

extremely Oriental to me .. beginning of Chocolate Greedy contains chocolate and amounts of cream, it is a succulent, buttery cocktail that i fall in love at once ..

as the scent progresses, it acquires slight powderiness with a butter depth that i adore .. there is something quality makes Chocolate Greedy quite a bit like Compotoir Sud Pacifique's Amour de Cacao that i also super like ..

the dry down have a creamy feel of the top notes returns in the base and that is how the perfume stays, as a delicate, milky, sweet skin-scent.

very different scent comparing with my taste .. i do not have any like this , i will get me a bottle !

9/10 ;)

kerini
kerini

Over the first 2 hours I get a lot of hazelnut and overripe fruits (not sure what exactly, I'm not a fan of dried fruit), some chocolate and a little vanilla.
Then it turns very milky, like cappuccino and cocoa with nuts and vanilla.
The dry-down has a very nice pronounced tonka note and I finally get a little more chocolate.
The fragrance is quite strong and it lasts 14+ hours.
Not my box of chocolates.

Parfumista2010
Parfumista2010

I love Chocolate Greedy. One of the best gourmand scents I have known so far.
One sniff of this makes me happy and joyful - even more so as there are absolutely no calories involved :-)
The chocolate is accompanied by vanilla similar to the ones in the CSP range (I think their Amour de Cacao is almost a 1:1 twin frag of this).
Longevity and sillage : very good.

If you are a gourmand kitty you should test it....however, I cannot imagine this yummy juice on a boy/man. Sorry, this one is for girls only - also older girls with a knack for delicious treats :-)

Sonyam15
Sonyam15

As for me its the best for a diet, couse I smell all day fantastic chocolate scent and really don`t feel hungry.... . I like it very much so tasty,but not so sweet as other chocolate parfums....

zielona
zielona

I was so surprised, sniffing this. Montale? THIS aoud-ish Montale?

The fragrance is very, VERY edible: dark and dry chocolate, so delicious I couldn't stop thinking about something big and chocolate to eat. Sadly - it's invariable, so even after a few hours all I could smell was, chocolate. Boooriiing.

Also, not the best fragrance while being on a diet. Trust me.

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

Not bad but not my cup of chocolate hehe

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

A totally boring scent. Unbelievable, it comes from Montale. Full of chocolate. Everything's chocolate. Chocolate's all the times. Nothing's but chocolate. Try it, and I feel that I just like a cheap chocolate bar that can move. If you like chocolate-cacao notes, I can recommend you something that is really worth a try. It is Amen Pure Coffee.

SandraS
SandraS

I just received a tester of this sent.

Being named Chocolate Greedy it has to smell chocolaty... to me it smells like chocolate foundue, capuccino or chocolate fragrance incense (which i bought). On my skin is turns very soft, powdery, the orange and coffee notes preventing the vanilla from being overly sweet. Very original frangrance, it stay close to the skin. For a assumed chocoholic this could turn out to be my confort scent...inhaling instead of eating. Great staying power also.

jeca
jeca

Very nice, very dark chocolate with orange leaf which brings airy crisp nuances in the middle. After an hour or two the chocolate scent transforms into rich woody harmony, on my skin.

Chocolate Greedy by Montale 4.16 out of 5 based on 376 ratings and 78 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Montale Chocolate Greedy fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Montale Chocolate Greedy, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Chocolate Greedy by Montale. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Chocolate Greedy by Montale represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.