Designers » M » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Crystal Aoud Montale for women and men
dislike

oud
ozonic

Crystal Aoud was presented in 2008, as balmy and mysterious harmony of sweet melon, green apple and mandarin. They create a fragrant overture to a woody union of teak wood, aoud and patchouli, finishing with soft and velvety aromas of vanilla, white musk and saffron. Available as 100ml edp. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Montale.

Melon Green Apple Mandarin Orange

Teak Wood Agarwood (Oud) Patchouli Sandalwood

Vanilla Saffron White Musk

Vaara

Crystal Aoud Fragrance Reviews

Lana148
Lana148

Super glad Montale made some different oud mix other then rose. I just can't tolerate rose smell in my fragrances. Anyway, I didn't pick up distinct fruit smell here. The fragrance smells fresh, juicy, floral to me, but I loved it just the way it is. Fruity fragrances smell sometimes immature, but Crystal Aoud is pure elegance! Very silky, fine fragrance. Love it!

maltatude
maltatude

I find it hard to wear aoud typically. This perfume is an exception. It's a beautiful synthetic sweet aoud note in this one. Very, very nice. I am going to buy myself a bottle for winter. So comforting.

The first time that I tried Montale Crystal Aoud, I did not detect any fruits whatsoever--just oud and musk. Today, however, as I take this perfume up once again, I find the musk to be rather sweet, so that must be the fruits kicking in. I cannot say that I recognize either melon or green apple as the contributing sweet factors, but the musk is definitely a sweet and clean one, with the oud growing stronger and stronger until, by the end, Crystal Aoud has become essentially an oud solinote with musk as the base.

I have to admit that the idea of sweet oud has never really appealed to me. When I read reviews about honeyed oud perfumes, I feel my stomach turning just a bit at the thought of the combination of sweet honey and strong dark oud. This creation by Montale has persuaded me to believe that it is possible to have a wearable sweet oud perfume. I should say though that this one is not overly sweet, just more sweet than it is savory. I see that vanilla is listed among the notes, but I cannot tease it out--to me, this composition is simply somewhat sweet.

Crystal Aoud is pretty nice, all in all, but I prefer flowers with my oud, above all rose, and Montale has plenty of those on offer, so I won't be pursuing this creation further. Still, it was a worthwhile olfactory experience to wear this perfume.

Crystal Aoud is based on the typical Montale's oud note (strong and medicinal), enriched by prominent melon and apple notes. The overall effect is of a sweet, persistent and pretty linear fruity oriental fragrance of average quality. In my opinion this is not a stand-out in the huge offering from this house, but I've to admit that the fruits / oud combo is somehow succesfull.

Rating: 6.5/10

adrienn99
adrienn99

The green apple is very dominant when it starts evolving on your skin. Also as if the saffron was present from the very beginning? The dryness of the oud is however very much balancing out the potential sweetness of green apples.
All in all, there is nothing sweet about this perfume. I would not say it smell cleanliness either other than the lemony smell. Will come back on the drydown later though.

guest_lisa75
guest_lisa75

Обожаю его, самый оригинальный, изысканный, неповторимый аромат. Ни на что не променяю. Все остальное меркнет перед ним. Резкости уда практически не слышно,очень необычен. На самом деле, вызывает эйфорию. Непонятно, почем так мало отзывов о нем на многих сайтах. Это шикарно,это шедевр.

trax
trax

I dont have this with me now, but I remember thinking it smelled like all things I cannot afford ;)
Like what it would smell like in the taxfree area of an airport just in between a perfume shop and a shop that sells ties, leather wallets and expensive suitcases. The mix of all notes from these two shops combined: leather, high end make-up, sparkly perfumes (when it is impossible to pick out any notes..) clean pressed very dry very new textiles and something expensively crystally fresh on top.
Get a feeling of money in the bank when wearing it, and seeing as I have none I almost feel like misrepresenting myself ;)

silverbutterfly
silverbutterfly

I was given a sample of Crystal Aoud.
First notes are opens like a bath line, you can smell some spa aroma there.Something clean, but without "distinctive" character.In a middle some hint of a wood, but somewhat sinthetic presenting, not just give you full feelling. Drydown- flowery vanilla, but again, this is knocking you down to impress at first time. May be it need time to get use to it.Staying power is not that strong,however at the drydown you can guess a hint of a lemon.

desert
desert

Crystal Aoud is another creative product from this respective house:Montale. A master blinding of selected fruit aroma to Oriental concepts of Woody-like taste, smothened by vanilla, musk, and saffron yeilding this great parfume. Thump-up for its smell, which ease the wearing of Aoud to the middle-age.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Montale Crystal Aoud fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Montale Crystal Aoud, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Crystal Aoud by Montale. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Crystal Aoud by Montale represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.