Designers » M » Oriental Floral « Groups

Dark Purple Montale for women

Dark Purple Montale for women
dislike

Dark Purple Montale for women Pictures Dark Purple Montale for women Pictures Dark Purple Montale for women Pictures

Dark Purple is a seductive feminine fragrance, composed of heady floral notes with a mouthwatering top note of plum and orange and the dark earthy base of patchouli.

Top: greedy plum, fresh orange
Heart: rose petals, geranium bourbon, patchouli, red fruit cocktail
Base: grey amber, teak wood, white musk

Dark Purple was launched in 2011. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Montale.

Orange plum

Geranium Patchouli Rose Red Berries

Teak Wood Amber Musk

Potion Royal Black

Dark Purple Fragrance Reviews

Estebanz
Estebanz

MONTALE DARK PURPLE.

Gosh,what a sexy & Ultra Bombastic this fragrance is,wow, I have no doubt in my mind that this one will turn heads left & right,its super duper appealing & addicting,love the Plum in this potion,its just mouth watery juicy & gorgeous,and the way its complimented by the Rose and Patchouli is just to die for,not to mention the spectacular berry aroma that feels nothing but fresh by the use of geranium which is just masterfully used in Dark Purple to add this minty/rosy freshness and basically balance the darkness of the other elements and add a bright sharp freshness to the composition,unbelievable.
Longevity & Projection = Atomic.
The berries/Plum combo make this feel Purple for sure, and without a doubt dark, just the way I like my fragrances.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

This was a real scrubber on my skin chemistry, because the geranium note was so pronounced and so unbelievably sharp. It seems other reviewers aren't having this issue, so I understand it's just me...but the composition is very much out of balance on my skin. One of three Montale fragrances I have had to scrub off so far -- all containing geranium.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

Blind bought this and Full Incense and am happy with both. A bit feminine but enjoyable in small doses. Comparable to Tom Ford PJ but more vibrant. I get more plum and berries than anything. Longevity and sillage excellent

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

More and more, more often Montale do copy scents. I am not satisfied. This is for me like Parisienne YSL Edp.
Not bad ,not, ..but copy.

annettepe
annettepe

This is my favorite Montale perfume together with Roses Musk. I must say that Montale perfume are very strong and very long lasting, which is a great plus point for me.

This one is definitely very fruity especially in the opening. To me it smells like a dark plum. The name of this perfume is just perfect. After it dries down the rose comes out and some warmth from the amber and patchouli, but definitely still sweet. I think it is a very young perfume, something I didnt expect from Montale. But very fun, flirty and sweet. I have received many compliments with this perfume.

Roses and Spices
Roses and Spices

I looked at this a while ago and the reviews were so good that I decided to try a sample of Montale Dark Purple. I'm not normally a lover of fruity scents but I thought I would give it a go. Initially it smelt cheap and all i could smell was synthetic roses. At dry down it fortunately became a faint smell, not unpleasant, floral and woodsy. Interesting but I was glad I hadn't bought a bottle.

muabanperfume
muabanperfume

totally disagree with Nguyen Truong Thai Vu, this dark mysterious rose combo with touch of plum is just stuning. Imagine, you lost in a forest of black roses, a little scare but excited at the same time. This juice is just gorgeous.

jasonx
jasonx

Another repetitive release from Montale. Smells like Roses Musk & its relative, this time with a little sour fruit added in the first 15 minutes

CDGfan
CDGfan

This was reformulated this year and it smells vastly watered down and inferior to older bottles of Dark Purple
The plum is there but very faint and there is more of a synthetic alcohol smell ( its not the oud). I tested it out at Bergdoff Goodman, so it was not a bad bottle. Lots of the reviews here are for the older version of Dark Purple, which was a gorgeous fragrance.
9/10 for the old bottle
3/10 for the new formulation

Shorokh
Shorokh

Wow! Amazing. Geranium & plum & rose trio on me. The blend took only acidulous molecules from those three notes, which is absolutely nice since I don`t like sweet smells. No patchouli neither fruit notes, but I don`t have a hump with them for that.
A little hint of amber and teak wood make it just perfect. The staying power is astonishing, around 10 hours on my skin. Stays incredibly long time on clothes. Nice to wear on hot sunny days. For me it`s a fantastic alternative to so-called "fresh" smells for summer. Definitely on my wish list!

esteban747
esteban747

I know, I'm a guy. But I love Dark Purple.
The first seconds are fruity, sweet, ripe, juice, delicious. Then is a bouquet of roses with some light berry notes.
I just want to eat this!
This is a very feminine fragrance, I get more rose than fruit, I consider (usually) rose as an "old lady" type of scent,but in here the rose is so hypnotic and sensual that is incredible.
If you like rose based fragrances, you will love Dark Purple. And if you don't like roses, you should also try this perfume, because it may surprise you.

UPDATE: I had a few samples of different fragrances ( Ananas Fizz, Mbucuruya, Orange Star), one of them was Dark Purple. I give them to three coworkers, and by far the one fragrance they like it the most is Dark Purple.

pjd1234

DARK PURPLE aka for me dark tuti fruiti fragrance ive been testing this for a while now on first spray i dont get that medicinal aroma that i get from dark or black aoud i get a dark sweetness vibe in your face scent in the middle i do get the combination plum and berry, geranium mixed, with rose as a slightly dominant note. as it dries down the scent is still sweet the rose becomes more prominant with a slight hint of wood, hard to detect and slight amber, the middle notes with the sweetness notes still lingers a little bit. I dont feel the smell of musk but i can detect the amber very faint in the backround on dry down. There is still that black aoud dna in this fragrance as they say with all montales they share a certain dna that its hard to determine what montale your wearing as they share this certain scent in mostly all their frags. definite unisex on this one IMHO. i dont picture anything when i was wearing this one for some reason i just thought of black aoud with the added sweetness to it. I was not blown away by dark purple most likely because ive already smell it before (like i said its that black aoud dna). If this was my fisrt montale i might have been very very excited but none the less a solid release from montale in my book.
longevity 10 plus hours 10/10
sillage heavy not strong as black aoud or dark aoud but respectable for sure you will be noticed 9/10
uniqueness 8/10 might be unique smelling for others but for me not, as ive smelt it before (THAT MONTALE DNA)
overall smell wonderful niche quality for sure 9/10
price vs quality 10/10 montale quality moneys worth very potent juice.
versatility cold weather day or night in my opinion summer nights as well.
i have chocolate greedy by the way im very excited on that one will definitely review it nxt time.

Jwaks
Jwaks

Rose, rose and more rose then a little plum and patchoulli. Definitely one for the ladies or a very bold man. The rose is deep, dark and a bit mysterious; it's as if you put your nose into a fresh cut bouquet of dark red roses complete with deep green leaves and inhaled. Hints of patchoulii, wood and amber poke through the dominant rose note as it dries down. If you love deep dark rose scents, then this one is for you.

pjd1234

my third montale wanted to try something new from montale without the aoud let see how this one measures up.

Well, here's a perfect example of why I don't trust decanters. They may mean well, but when they acquire their bottles from discounters or ebay, they may or may not contain authentic perfume of the type stated on the bottle.

My sample of Montale DARK PURPLE smells like woodish aromachemicals. I smell no flowers, no fruits, and nothing purple comes within 6000 miles of this scent. Given everyone else's reviews of this perfume, I can only conclude that the liquid inside my vial is of something else entirely. It came from a decanter. I rest my case.

How did this happen? Well, I myself recently purchased and returned, because it seemed to me obviously to be a fake, a bottle of Creed TABAROME. What happens when a decanter receives such a bottle? He or she may or may not recognize that it is a fake. If not, then it will be divvied up into hundreds of tiny samples sold at drastically marked up prices and sure to sow confusion far and wide.

No rating for this one, because it's obviously not DARK PURPLE at all. Just a lesson: caveat emptor! Go direct to the house or licensed retailers for the house if you want to know that the perfume which you are testing is authentic.

Arrogant_Cat
Arrogant_Cat

OMG, Dark Purple is heavenly! I don`t even like rose scents, but this is perfection. Gorgeous, grown-up fruity oriental with plum and berries on a bed of fresh rose petals.

The rose is just right here, I recommend this perfume to those looking for a sweet, fruity rose scent, this is definitely not too floral, very well balanced with all the fruits and woody notes.

Top notch longevity and sillage.

It`s been a while since I was this excited about a perfume and I SO need a bottle of this beauty.

EDIT: The more I wear my sample, the more prominent the rose note gets to my nose. It`s not such a fruity-gourmand scent as I initially thought upon the first wearings therefore I no longer want a full bottle of Dark Purple, it`s a bit too much rose for my taste but if someone gifted me this juice I would happily admire my bottle.

As a non-roselover, all I can say, it`s one of the most wonderful, enchanting rose perfumes I have ever had the opportunity to try.

curtmaster
curtmaster

I get the Plum in here, I get the Dark, I get the berries, I get the Orange, Patchouli and flowers. This fragrance in my opinion was impressive and lasted over 11 hours on my skin. I put it on at about 6:15am in the morning Thursday and it was after 5:00pm that it still was going strong. WOW!!

Most of all I feel the patchouli note in this fragrance. No roses, no plum. And not my cup of tea, actually.

T1
T1

I had this 8th wonder of the world sprayed onto my wool scarf in a perfume boutique in Salzburg last Christmas - and it was very cold weather. It was quite an expensive perfume for my budget, so I left the shop and went about my day. The next morning my whole hotel room smelled incredible, it was a perfect balance between rose attar and patchouli... the sensational unfolding of a thousand blooms. I went to the first session of the academic conference I was in Salzburg to attend, and the moment it was announced that we were having a lunch break... I ran all the way to the perfumer's shop and burned a massive hole in my credit card. I am now back in the steaming Summer in Brisbane and Montale's Dark Purple is my fragrant new darling. No one else here has it, knows of it, or can find it, and I am desperately thinking of ways to return to Salzburg... poor credit card.

Dark! Adult! Sexy! Non-sweet! Plum, Patchouli & woodsy notes. In my opinion a bit uni-sex. Not typical male'ish notes but I tried this one on a friends husband and we all agreed that this one goes great for both women and men - not a young boy - a grown up man. Soft and mild but yet intensive in a good way. This is a hug-scent!

Mörk! Vuxen! Sexig! Inte söt! Plommin, Patchouli och tränoter. Enligt min åsikt lite uni-sex. inte typiska manliga doftnoter men jag provade denna på min vänninas man och vi allesammans var överrens om att den funkar på både män och kvinnor - inte på en ung grabb - utan på en man. Mjuk och mild men ändå intensiv på ett bra sätt. Hudnära. En kramis-doft!

orchid_84
orchid_84

I found Dark Purple rather disappointing. I've only sampled a couple Montale fragrances thus far, so I can't speak to how similar it is to others in the line. Nonetheless, this fragrance doesn't justify the niche price tag for me.

This is a basic, sweet-powdery rose perfume with a non-distinct fruity quality. The rose doesn't smell particularly natural - it's a rose that has been soaked in a synthetic musk and loads of sourish-sweet red berries. The result is artificial and cloying. Usually I like plum in fragrances, but I don't get anything that smells like plum here. I was expecting at least a touch of darkness from the patchouli and woods, but I can't make out any trace of woody notes.

I find it along the lines of Stella, although I would choose Stella easily over this fragrance. While they both offer a simple, fruity take on rose, Stella smells like a higher-quality composition and seems better executed overall.

It's actually pretty funny how, no matter the notes involved, most of the latest releases by Montale smell incredibly similar. Dark Purple makes no exception.

It opens with the usual strong synthetic woody (oud-y?) signature of way too many compositions in the house's range, this time joined by fruity notes (plums and berries). The initial phase is loud, sweetish, rich and a tad vulgar but, if you're already familiar with this house, this is nothing new. Rose and geranium make their appearance during the middle phase driving the fragrance to the overused ambery-woody-rosey base we've experienced too many times.

With an offering of more than 80 fragrances of which almost 50 smell pretty the same, I think it's about time for a change. Please, give us a break.

XSX
XSX

I must say I have never received more compliments for wearing a fragrance than when I was wearing this one. This is a very strong rose fragrance and although I love roses in fragrances I do not usually wear a "typical" rose scent. The rose - patchouli - plum combination is very intense, commanding and overpowering and that can be associate with the purple color, yet somehow it is very bright, playful and vivid. Its lasting power and productivity are beyond all I experienced so far. My all time favorite perfume is Midnight Poison by Dior, which also features notes of rose and patchouli, and I love to layer these two but I must admin that Dark Purple takes all the attention in that combination. My recommendations for all those dark rose lovers.

zielona
zielona

"Aren't the geraniums pretty, Professor?"

Girl, they are to die for!
I've been looking for a good, wearable geranium for some time, since I met Honour for men by Amouage [which is too strong and sharp for me, but I adore putting geranium on the first plan].
And then I met Dark Purple - mix of geranium, not-lethal-rose and tasty sweet plum. Long lasting, pleasant and not tiring, even though it's quite straigth and flat. But the geranium! ;]

[Quote from "The Philadelphia Story" movie. LOOOOVE IT.]

bibi101
bibi101

It's too much, i've had it on for a few hours. But all it gave me was a headache
Luckally i tried a sample and didn't buy a whole bottle instead

timeazsofia
timeazsofia

It was a really big surprise to me, because I did not really like the "fruity" fragnances. But this one is the exception. From the first time the patchouli dominated, but there are some other notes, plum and rose they create a beautiful accord, and I love it. :)

Sillage and lasting power both are excellent!
7,5/10

periplos
periplos

Alla prima annusata avevo deciso che la nuova proposta di montale NON sarebbe stata il mio prossimo acquisto: troppa prugna e troppo piccante con un chè di ciliegioso dolce virante definitivamente al nauseabondo. So di avere un serio problema con le note di testa.. come al solito la fragranza non mi piaceva, questa prugna nera mi sembrava l'accozzo fra un profumo da adolescente pittata e quello della zia stantia.

Dopo una buona mezz'ora di altre annusate torno per caso alla prugna di Montale ormai invisibile sulla carta asciutta e mi sembra diversa. Quel frizzante che prima sembrava una scelta esagerata adesso è incanalato su un binario semplice: la prugna si è seduta composta, il pop rock così classico e strafottente dei Montale si è assopito e resta un alito dolce, fruttato, gradevolmente amarognolo. Montale in questo è unico..aroma delicato e persistenza da guinness.

Fu così che l'ho comprato. L'ho indossato 2 volte riscuotendo curiosità e complimenti da più parti. Devo ancora capire a quale mood/occasione/abito possa corrispondere; è qualcosa di raro, di tremendamente particolare soprattutto per un uomo: no ufficio, no mercato, no festa con i tuoi. Magari la sera d'inverno a casa di amici di amici, ecco.

Se lo scegli preparati a sentirlo per giorni sugli scampoli della giacca. Questo black purple è una colla che ti insegue, tanto per dire che ne basta davvero poco.

Da provare e riprovare.

beamainguy
beamainguy

I sprayed a little dab of Black Purple on one of my woolen jacket a few days ago, when I put it on yesterday, I could not help smelling my sleeve wondering what this amazing smell was...it's very strong and sweet at the same time, lasting power is beyong hopes, it's a surprising fragrance, definitely my next purchase, very soothing on chilly falls days.

Dark Purple by Montale 3.89 out of 5 based on 118 ratings and 28 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Montale Dark Purple fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Montale Dark Purple, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Dark Purple by Montale. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Dark Purple by Montale represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.