Designers » M » Oriental Woody « Groups

Full Incense Montale for women and men

Full Incense Montale for women and men
dislike

smoky

Full Incense is a fragrance dominated by the Somalia incense note, rounded by elemi and labdanum resins and cedar and patchouli. The scent is earthy, smoky, warm and woody, suitable for both sexes.

Available as 50 and 100 ml EDP.

Full Incense was launched in 2010. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Montale.

French labdanum Incense Elemi resin Patchouli Virginia Cedar

Comme des Garcons Series 3 Incense: Avignon
Cardinal

Full Incense Fragrance Reviews

Duskfall
Duskfall

Obviously Full Incense is very similar to Avignon and Cardinal, but it's a bit more woody and has a better performance than the other two (don't expect a monster, though). If you're looking for a straightforward churchy incense, you can't go wrong with this one!

If you like Incense and Elemi Resins - this is it! Mixed with som very nice Patchouli - I can't wear it - I sneeze alot. Bummer.
For women this one is perfect to layer with a true flowery scent - then you get the dark Incense and airy flowers - Mountain hight - river deep - if you get what I mean =)

Om du gillar rökelse och kåda - då har du hittat den! Mixad med otroligt fin Patcouli - jag kan inte bära den - nyser som en tok, tröttsamt. Tjejtips - lägg denna lager på lager med klarblommig doft och du får hela spektrat från blommor till mörk rökelse. Halleluleja moment =)

Mim
Mim

When it comes to incense, this one is the love of my life. Wonderful incense juice and my favourite Montale perfume. Natural, woody and resinous. I love how calming and beautiful this smells... crisp and really fresh. Frankincense and cedar, with some patchouli and elemi. There is a certain balmy/resinous dry sweetness to it, but it stays stone cold and refreshing at the same time. Very comforting! It is very well balanced, but kind of a quiet and gentle perfume (with good lasting power, and moderate to soft sillage on my skin- not a typical Montale).

superbesque
superbesque

It's a beautiful incense - rich, deep, warm, potent and creamy. Gorgeous!

kaka brar
kaka brar

Its full of incense in the opening . However dry down is decent with subtle incense and florals i think . I dont get any amber in this

gedlive

I was comparing Avignon with Full Incense this morning. I thought I liked Full Incense more because it has some nice sweet woody notes, and longevity is better.
But the opening of Avignon is unique and wonderfull.

I discovered a hidden note this morning in Avignon...
If you tried mixing the 5 notes listed you would never come up with this sour ashen incence accord, that so mimics Catholic Church incense.
When you mix blue and red, you get purple, something different than the two colors you started with.

I have recently acquired and enjoy Creed Royal Mayfair, that has a great Eucalyptus note. That's what I picked up in the opening blast of Avignon, that medecinal camphorous eucalyptus note.

So the opening of Avignon is the best beautiful opening of any churchy incense. From the mid-drydown drydown I like Montale Full Incence better.

Merry Christmas.

GustaveTheNose
GustaveTheNose

Im glad Montale didn't add "Aoud" to the name of this one, as it seems they use this adjunct sparingley in most of their perfumes to add a feeling of luxury to any creation they make, Aoud leather and Aoud Cafe are what come immediately to mind. Names for the Montale line dont mean anything to me, except for very few ones, and full incense is one of these exceptions.

About this perfume, it is what it says on the bottle, incense and alot of it. I havent tried Amouage so I cannot compare to them but this perfume is very heavy on resins and labdanum, slightly sweet becuase of the labdanum. It has prominent woody aroma too and soft ashey smell, not too strong like Sospiro laylati for example, but the ashey smell is there.

It smells sour creamy due to the resins, but more refined than pure frankincense oil that I also have.

Very nice perfume and doesnt dissapoint with regard to sillage or longevity from Montale.

Try it before buying, it is love or hate

James99
James99

This is not good....the way the Virginia cider mixes with the incense,elemi and laudanum stinks to be honest. Have to sample this fragrances before buying full bottle. Disappointed with this one.

Pixelxl
Pixelxl

Sampled a lot of Montale's recently (14+) and Full Incense is one that really brought a smile to my face. Made me feel truly comforting and different. I don't know about the smell in a church (been a long time) but man, what a scent. it's standing out, different, for all occaisions and so nice.

gedlive

Got my Full Incense, and my incense fragrances are complete.
I have Avignon, and have tried La Liturgia. I liked Avignon, it is a masterfull replica of Catholic, ashen incense. But the longevity is quite poor, unless you over spray, and after a while it feels very cold.
Full Incence is the second best facsimile to Catholic incense, but it is warmer, more aromatic, wearable, and performance is great.
Chris review below, he was looking for a church incense with beter performance than Avignon. He said Full Incense was not smoky enough. I think he may need to burn some incense sticks.
There are richer, darker, more complex incense fragrances, with a strong incense note, but with much more going on, like Amouage Memoir Man, my favorite fragrance with a beautiful aromatic smoky incense. Or Interlude Man, a beautiful, rich balsamic with a nice incense note.

The opening is mostly like the ashen incence of church and Avignon. The drydown of Full Incense is beautiful, warmer, sweeter, more elemi balsam comming through, very nice.
Also just about the nicest cedar note I have tried.

God bless you. John 3:16

chris64310
chris64310

First of all, sorry for my bad english.
I was looking for a churchy incence perfum. I have tried "Cardinal" by Helley that I think is very interesting but not enough smoky. The "Avignon" by CDG is very my favorite but has a poor lasting on my skin. I read on many forums that "Full Incense" was very similar and has a good lasting, so I bought it. I was disapointed with this perfum : too feminine (round, sweet, old roses scent, too much patchouli) according to me, not smoky at all (that is very important to reach the church scent that I am looking for). So I really do not agree with people saying that "Full Incense" and "Avignon" are similar.
After re-reading of all comments on this perfume, I really wonder if my nose is crazy or perhaps the incenses used in french catholic ceremony are not the same.
To conclude, if you are a man, and looking for a truly church incence (the scent of the smoke of the encens) try to test it before buying it.

JayO
JayO

The incense accord is really lovely, unfortunately cedar shows up and takes center stage and feels too bright and piney dominating the lovely incense I was just with briefly and wanted to be with more and then it turns sweet.. I don't really 'get it' with this fragrance I think while it was being created someone thought the incense accord would be too linear and so it became what it is, to me this should've been named something else since incense is not really the star.

ST elevation
ST elevation

It reminds me when I was in the seminary....the incense is very prominent.

kanak
kanak

Montale's Full Incense is a very dry, resinous incense fragrance, with minimal notes but blended quite nicely. Mainly Incense, elemi resin and labdanum. To my nose, this is not a sweet incense, I dont know if it's the patchouli or cedar notes listed but there is a bit of sour tartness to the frag in a nice way that prevents it from becoming cloying, even in the heat. Projection is pretty moderate by Montale standards, it's there but in your personal space only, making it one of the more versatile ones in the Montale line up. Longevity is good, I get 7-8 hours regularly with just 2 sprays. I love Incense frags and this is pretty much my daily out and about Incense of choice. It's nice, uncomplicated and lasts all day and since a little goes a long way, a full bottle is good value for money as well. Incense lovers should definitely check this one out. 8.5/10

PS- Yes, it's similar to CDG Avignon although the Montale has better performance on me. If you have one, you can probably skip the other unless you are an Incense lover like me.

landshark321
landshark321

I'd seen Montale Full Incense positively reviewed so I decided to give it a shot and was even more pleased than I expected to be. It's primarily a blast of smoky incense but is mixed with a heavy dose of amber/resins. The amber/resins are intensely part of the mix with the smoky incense from the start, as this balance really exists throughout the life of the fragrance without much evolution. But the balance is quite superb, the smokiness in harmony with the sweetness, satisfying the lover of incense that wants the fragrance to remain true to its name but also satisfying someone who might be overwhelmed by a true fully incense fragrance.

I've not smelled Comme des Garcons Avignon but they're allegedly similar, as I've pretty much seen in every review. Full Incense reminds me of a couple of other different fragrances due to the sweetness and amber, and admittedly these might come off as odd comparisons on the basis of total note breakdown, but I get some of the deep sweetness of By Kilian Single Malt and the resinous sweetness of By Kilian Amber Oud. I already own Single Malt but luckily, Montale Full Incense is much more affordable at $108 for 100ml (on Beautspin) than Amber Oud, which retails for $395 for 50ml.

Performance is quite strong, as expected for a Montale fragrance, so in that respect it's consistent with much of the "aoud" line and other heavy entries (i.e. Intense Cafe).

Full Incense is another entry from Montale I'll be adding to the "buy" list.

8 out of 10

lovetribe
lovetribe

is a incense fresh...good for summer.

MickZ
MickZ

This is a literal interpretation of the incense used during a Catholic benediction, and is considered by many a clone of Avignon (not to me) with more longevity. I would prefer greater depth and complexity, a contemporary, more versatile and metaphorical interpretation. As it is, I find it a bit too austere and mono-dimensional for my tastes.

I suppose this could serve well for religious and meditative retreats, but I can't imagine wearing this as an everyday fragrance -- unless you want to smell like a church. The better option in this category is Heeley's Cardinal, which applies the incense with a lighter hand and blends it in a contemporary, refreshing way. 6/10.

Calvini
Calvini

Out of the popular church incense:
Clive Christian V > Armani Bois d'Encens > Montale Full Incense > CdG Avignon
But if you put $$ into consideration, this might be the best choice..

aniwolfe
aniwolfe

On my skin I get mostly incense for the first 1-2 hours and let me tell you, its amazing. But unfortunately this is not linear enough for me. After the incense blast it starts to fade and becomes a cedar dominate scent with some patchouli in the background. When the cedar leaves it then becomes all patchouli. Its a high quality patchouli, but I wanted the incense/cedar to last at least 4-5 hours. Still a do love this. Rating is 7.5/10

OrientalFruityGourmand
OrientalFruityGourmand

I just tried Full Incense this week to take a break from the floral/galbanum perfumes I'm testing this month.

Full Incense was a very welcome change from my study of galbanum (which is not going well but it's early days yet) This is lighter than I anticipated. I assumed that 'full' would mean 'heavy' but this was surprisingly delicate. Not a bad thing, just a surprise.

I agree with all other reviewers who sited a 'church' connection. I also saw that in Full Incense. I also agree with the reviewer who thought this scent was cold statue type incense rather than warm incense. That description mirrors my own experience with this fragrance. I also agree that it is so linear. I didn't experience any top or middle. Additionally, I had the same experience as others with over 24 hours of longevity. On my skin, this lasted two days, which I found to be too much of a commitment to a fragrance I wasn't in love with.

For me, Full Incense is not my taste in perfume. It's pleasant to experience but I have trouble imagining where I would be going smelling like this. I enjoy this but as art not as wardrobe.

As art, I appreciate this scent. The rock rose is such a wonderful harmony for the incense. Also the cedar adds distinctive sharpness. Feels citrusy on my skin. For some reason, the image I get in my mind is attending a funeral. But a cedar casket rather than a pine coffin. Perhaps it's the patchouli that makes me think of freshly dug earth. I like that. I get this clear feeling of sadness and grief. This really is cold incense to me.

Full Incense offered a wonderful respite from my galbanum study but I would never purchase this for myself. It's nicely blended but not I cannot see myself wearing this out in public.

gedlive

Hi just a few thoughts on Full Incense...
I was wondering why some of my fragrances that list Incense, the Incense never smelled like church Incense. So when I heard about CdG "Incense Avignon" by my favorite perfumer B. Duchaufour, that it was like Catholic Incense, I blind bought it. I was not disapointed as it replicates that white smoke sour smell of church Incense. I was disappointed with the performance...
So I got a sample of Full Incense, and it is very, very close to Avignon, but lasts much longer, and is slightly richer. The prices are close, so I would recommend "Full Incense" over "Avignon".

I also tried "La Liturgie", it is a safer scent, it has the churchy Incense, but more aromatic, slightly sweet, and a bit of aldehydes I think..
I did blind buy Tom Ford Sahara Noir, it is much more an Amber fragrance, and has much less of the Incense. Sahara Noir is like a Tom Ford Amber Absolute, light, with the frankincense amped up a notch.

With Full Incence, you get that church Incense mostly in the opening, that stays throughout, but the nice richer balsamic notes join in at the mid, making it more enjoyable. Avignon doesn't have that at all.
The brown bottle, suits the fragrance, as it's more than a smoky incense, but it has the warmth and depth of brown woods and balsams.

Montale Full Incense.

Rating: 9.25/10

God bless you. John 3:16.

vsan
vsan

Smells kind of fizzy at the beginning, kinda like Coca Cola but without sweetness

Wanted this to be heavier!

Mona-Jo
Mona-Jo

Warm incense with a touch of sweet, which is what I've been wanting. I guess it does smell similar to Avignon. I found Avignon abit shocking at first then basically disappeared. The Montale is nice from the start and last a long time. I really didn't have high hopes for Montale. I was pleasantly surprised.

michalc
michalc

I get a nasty cough medicine vibe from this more than a good incense note, quite a shame as I'd love to find a fragrance that mainly just smells like really nice incense

psychdoc
psychdoc

I wore a sample of Montale's Full Incense earlier this week and must say that of all the other incense fragrances I've tried, Montale's had the greatest longevity and sillage. It is also somewhat cheaper than some of the others (e.g., the Armani Prive collection, TF Sarah Noir).

Ambience
Ambience

I don't see how people say it's a more expensive version of Avignon. I have both but paid $118 for 50ml of Avignon, but $100 for 100ml of Full Incense. Maybe prices here in Australia are different.

Anyway, yes they are similar. Avignon is more of a cold incense, while Montale's version is more a warm, resinous incense.

I love them both!,

Dark-X

Smells like an overripe banana mixed with incense.

kanashimiblue
kanashimiblue

A dark woody incense, and if you smell it on a cool wintry day, with a slight minty undertone. It's simple and smells like a candle-lit monastery.

Tiwalii
Tiwalii

This takes me back to my childhood christmas actually. In Norway the pharmacies are selling a loose incense called Kongerøkelse (Kings Incense) just before christmas - and this smells exactely like it. My mother used to buy this incense every year before the holidays when I was little.

Full Incense smells like very warm, slightly spicy and wonderfully woody incense. On my skin it is very well rounded, it almost has a creamy quality about it. So smooth, and yet a bit bitter sweet.

The scent stays very close to my skin, but lasts long. I really, really like it!

And, yes, it smells very much like Comme des Garcons Avignon. But to my nose Full Incense is warmer, a bit sweeter and a bit darker.

muzzbait
muzzbait

this is a classic somalian frankincense note -- full frontal and massive. i once tried to buy omani frankincense (almost impossible to find as it's (a) more expensive, and (b) sold by unscrupulous vendors), and i KEPT on getting the somalian stuff. omani frankincense is otherwise known as 'silver frankincense', or 'louban' in arabic. i finally got it from an omani student who got some from her mosque (she said it's 100% genuine), and when you burn the two side-by-side they smell very different. both are majestic and worthy to be given to jesus christ (as a mix or a pack), but the somalian strain is a little more 'cloying' and sickly sweet. i love both, and i prefer the omani just because it's the most savoury, if you will. anyway, this perfume is entirely somalian frankincense and it's refreshing to hear a company distinguish the two different varieties...

Dark-X

Full Incense starts with a sharp, woody smell that smells a lot like cloves.

The smell of cloves fades after a few seconds without disappearing completely & then the smell of of concentrated frankincense (olibanum) remains, which does not smell as gorgeous as burnt frankincense.

To someone from the Americas or Europe this might smell exotic.

To someone from the middle east, this is a meh.

Oudy
Oudy

Ok, Full Incense...this one was a free 20 mil spray that came along with my purchase. I could have chosen any scent from Montale, and this is the one I chose. I'm kind of wishing I had picked different.

It's an ok scent. A lot brighter than I thought it would be. I don't remember smelling oranges in my local church. It's smokey and resinous for sure, but it's awfully citrusy for an incense fragrance in my humble opinion. And it's also a lot softer than I was expecting. it reminds me a lot of Bois d Encense from Armani...only not near as deep and rich. Also reminds a bit of by kilian incense Oud as well. A so/so experience for me.

Scent 7/10...smells really nice...just very light. I was thinking it would be darker
Projection 6/10...very moderate for Montale
Fortitude 8/10...hangs around for hours albeit close to the skin

Update...I've been wearing for several hours now and I'm enjoying and appreciating this perfume more so than when i first put it on. It's much more smokey now and it comes to me in little wafts...much like actual incense.

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

A completely synthetic incense ripping off Avignon and following the trend that cloyed the market with a load of identical scents, slightly fizzy, much linear and persistent. Simply put: Comme des Garçons can, Montale can't.

megrim
megrim

This really is what it says on the label. Pure, unadulterated incense. No supporting players, heck, no real top-middle-base notes. This is all incense, all the time.

Smoky, bitter-sweet, warm and dry as a bone. Full Incense smells exactly like resin granules burning on small charcoal bricks. The smell for me is one of unadulterated joy, though I've had friends say it reminds them of church. I wasn't raised religious, so thankfully I lack any childhood memories associated with this scent - good or bad.

Longevity is the usual Montale style of bordering-on-eternity. Will last 48 hours easily and remain a skin scent through two showers.
Projection/sillage is excellent, though not quite on par with some of Montale's more atomic offerings, (Black Aoud I'm looking at you).

Utterly unisex and wearable year-round, this is a must try for anyone fond of incense taken to it's zenith.

tdwctdwc
tdwctdwc

A darker slightly drier equivalent to Avignon with a lovely persistent patchouli base.

i get hints of plum in this as well even though it's not listed.

Not my favorite incense, but certainly among the best.

Kain
Kain

A gorgeous resinous smoky frankincense which is one of those tie and suit fragrances for a gentleman.
The opening is a strong peppery frankincense mixed with some sweetness in the background and sort of powdery feeling.
It's dark, smoky (not too much!), peppery like a soft aroma of black pepper. it's resinous, slightly powdery, slightly sweet and in one word it's amazing!
The scent did not change that much in the mid. almost exactly the same smell only it gets smoother plus a little stronger resins in the mid and base.
It's a mature masculine scent so I don't see anything feminine here.
As far as comparing this to "CDG Avignon" they do have lots of things in common but "Avignon" has a noticeable aldehydic and kind of classic vibe but this one hasn't and the incense note is "Full Incense" is bolder and darker.
Actually I would call "Full Incense" a modern and a little darker version of classic "Avignon".
Love them both anyway.
Projection is good (not great) and longevity is around 6 hours on my skin.

یه عطر بسیار شیک و مجلسی مناسب یه مرد بالغ شیک پوش
رایحه ابتدایی این عطر با بوی قوی و یه جورایی فلفلی کندر ترکیب با رایحه صمغها و کمی رایحه های شیرین شروع میشه. عطر یه حس ملایم پودری هم داره که به شیک بودن و جذابیت عطر کمک بیشتری میکنه
در کل بوی عطر تلخه. کمی دودیه. یه بوی تند و تیز ولی ملایم شبیه به بوی فلفل سیاه داره. رایحه مشخضی از صمغها در اون به مشام میرسه. کمی شیرینه. کمی پودریه و در یک کلام عالیه
بوی عطر با گذر زمان تغییر چندانی نمیکنه فقط کمی ملایمتر میشه و رایحه صمغها کمی پررنگتر میشن
این عطر با عطر "کام د گارسنز اوینیون" مقایسه میشه
بوی هر دو عطر شباهتهای زیادی به هم داره اما تفاوتهایی هم داره
به نظر من "اوینیون" یه بوی آلدئیدی و ملایم صابونی داره که بهش حس کلاسیک میده در حالی که این نداره
در عوضش تو این عطر بوی کندر قویتره و حس سنگنین تر و تاریک تری به عطر میده
به نظر من این عطر از مونتال نسخه مدرن تر، تاریک تر و کمی سنگینتر "اوینیون" هست
در هر صورت من هر دو رو بی نهایت دوست دارم
پخش بوی این عطر خوبه (عالی نیست) و ماندگاری در حد 6 ساعت روی پوست داره

hatandbeard
hatandbeard

A very sweet, bright, almost sharp frankincense scent. The frankincense note that it opens up with has a very dominant orange quality to it. Similar to CdG: Avignon in the sense that they both share that same bright, citrusy note, but they differ because ‘Full Incense’ lacks the smoky backbone that is prevalent in ‘Avignon.’ As it dries down it stays pretty much as it was when you first sprayed it except it gets even sweeter the longer it sits on your skin. Almost candy-like. It' s an extremely linear fragrance, but it is executed very well if you are looking for that catholic church/frankincense vibe without the smoke. It’s almost as if they captured the smell of a newly built catholic church that uses frankincense air freshener in their ceremonies rather than lighting up the old incense censer. Sillage and longevity are both great.

OlfractalInfemme
OlfractalInfemme

I wanted to love this but it was just too thin and linear with a strong leaning to the masculine side. Not really sexy just dry and earthy and perhaps a bit bitter. Quite reminiscent of church incense. Excellent frag for layering or if you want to smell nice in a standoffish way. I prefer SL Filles en Aiguilles instead for my incense kick. Or Montale's Greyland.

Marciu
Marciu

I've just finished my decant.

I absolutely love the smell of Full Incense. Olibanum with resins and woods smells great.

I find it similar to Avignon, but completely different than Cardinal. The second one has huge load of aldehydes which Avignon and Full Incense obviously don't have.

About the reformulation. I'm quite sure the composition remained unchanged. What has eventually changed - it's the concentration of the perfume oils in this Montale (and I heard that the same thing happened to other Montale fragrances). All in all - with 4 sprays it stays on me for 12 hours with good sillage.

I'm considering buying it again. This one or Avignon.

All in all I find it as one of the best incense based fragrances ever made.

MARFUOFFICIAL
MARFUOFFICIAL

I bought this perfume yesterday and I must say that I am unhappy...lasting 5-6 hours and is too sweet.

TOM FOR - SAHARA NOIR is the best incense parfume and good lasting 12 - 13 hours.

Robert Piguet Casbah is the best lasting 15-18 hours.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

I lucked up and got a pre reformulated bottle. The incense/elemi pairing is stellar and performs at least 12 hours upon the many times I have worn it. Avignon is much softer IMO which I also like but prefer the Montale. I believe it's redundant to own both so I will probably sell Avignon. I must sample Etro MDM and Cardinal once the fall hits.

AndrzejK

I commented on Full Incense in 2012 and here is my current update of March 2014:

As some have already notices, Full Incense has been reformulated.
Unfortunately, current Full Incense is not the frag I used two years ago - it is definitely watered down, it is sweeter, has much less incense and it is weaker.
Cardinal by Heeley is my incense frag choice now.

mendwillie
mendwillie

Smells good in the Catholic Churches.
Do not know if it's a magnificent scent, but it is well mixed.
He has a brief resemblance to the Mauboussin M Generation I own too, but I think this richer smell and smoky and there's a sweetness about him that I love.
I like yeah, that.

I rank it like this:
Smell: 8/10
Projection: 9/10
Longevity: 9.5/10

ParfumFetiche
ParfumFetiche

This is only my first impression based on a carded sample as I really need time to fully understand a complex scent to give a proper review. Projection and longevity are off the roof. I had a few dabs last night and it was still there this morning when I woke up. It has the projection of Le Male with just a few dabs so I would say a few sprays goes a long way with this beast so you get your money's worth. Many compare this to Incense Avignon by CdG. I own a bottle of Incense Avignon and I would say they are 99% identical in terms of smell. If you love incense, definitely give this a try.

Gabba
Gabba

I'm smelling like I was at mass in the old church but I... love it! It's 7 hour from the application and I still feel only pure churchy incense - and nothing else.

iranperfumer
iranperfumer

احساس خوبی دارم برای زمانی که رایحه دود با هماهنگی برگ نعناع ترد هندی انسان را درون یک کتاب خانه برای یک قرار رسمی بسیار برازنده است درون یک بطر با این طراحی چه میتوان حس کرد بغیر جذابیت را با انگشتان بهتر میتوان لمس کنیم.

Imadele
Imadele

I purchased my sample recently and it appears really strong.

The reviews on here are confusing!
I'm going to add further confusion by stating...I don't know what to make of Full Incense?
For me it might just be too 'Full' meaning pure incense, a little linear and simple, lacking complexity...could that be right?
It smells beautiful...Kinda tame though and not smoky enough for my liking. I do detect a hint of cedar and labdanum but the main question I ask myself is would I wear it/buy it??
I'm still not sure as somebody who is drawn to incense and loves the stuff, Full incense is undeniably pleasant to my nose. I'm hoping the Comme de Garcon Avignon is more complex than this as I have a sample at home which I've not opened yet.

Flair voyant
Flair voyant

I agree with CDGfan; I lament the fact that Full Incense has been watered down, not even oiled down...

Its new name must have been: Half Full Incense, not to say it is partially empty! Although, it is just some frankincense co2, maxed by monsieur et madame iso super E(dis donc: these guys are not juicing real Royal Hojari Bakhour resins!).

The agreable part is that I layer it with Dark Aoud to enjoy it more, while breaking the dull sweetness of the sandalwood/cinnamon powder found in the Dark oud.

Bottom line is: if you like incense, you have got to have this one!

judyk
judyk

CdG Avignon comes across as a straight, pure, smoky church incense.

Full Incense captures that quality but, despite having a lot fewer notes, manages to pretty it up with a boozy base on application that develops into a soft floral sweetness as it dries down.

I like Full Incense. But I love Avignon.

CDGfan
CDGfan

Sadly this has been reformulated and REALLY watered down. After the closure of the Vendome store, Montale's fragrances have gone down hill. I recently purchased this and was shocked at how watered down it was. The original version which came out of the Vendome store, was quite strong and a more potent version of Avignon. The current version is much weaker than Avignon now. Montales without their former concentrations does not warrant being purchased.
9/10 for vintage Full Incense
4/10 for the current versions.

oliver1h
oliver1h

Church-like incense, with some smoky sweetness.The incense note is rounded by elemi, labdanum resins and cedar. Smoky, warm and meditative. Unisex. Great longevity and sillage. Not for everybody, so sample it before buy!!!

nonsisa
nonsisa

What aphexacid says.

Church incense all the way built around some sweetness.

In the base you can smell the cedar.

Might not be everybody's cup of tea.

aphexacid
aphexacid

When i smelled this, i thought i somehow got teleported into my church!

If you like the way Church incense smells, this is right up your alley!

calyx93
calyx93

Avignon with more strength and focus - more spartan and about as "churchy" as it gets. Yes, you can detect the labdanum and a touch of patchouli - but the frankincense is up-front and in your face with the elemi and cedar exalting the resinous, dry aspect.

Very meditative, austere and introspective fragrance.

Wichapi
Wichapi

First sniff… citrusy labdanum, cedar, then incense. On skin, this opens much like M. Micallef’s Shanaan, but it continues to sweeten with an almost honey-drenched tobacco element that defeats the intent. Is tobacco meant to imply the smoky aura expected with incense? If so, it fails.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

There is a sweet spiciness to this incense scent, which is strongest in the top notes and softens in the base. I don't find it particularly smokey or piney. It has incredibly longevity, so if you like your incense scents sweet and spicy, give this unisex woody oriental a try!!

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

This is too intense for my taste. I generally like the smell of incense but don't want to wear it when it is this "loud."

For a scent to actally wear I like James Heeley's scent Cardinal much better.

You can smell the woods and the other elements in the Heeley scent and it's cold - very interesting. The Montale smells like he went down the street to his local church and emptied out the scensers.

AveParfum
AveParfum

Oh my Lord. This perfume should have been named Spiritus Sanctus. Holy Roman Catholic church in a bottle. It takes me back to my youth in such a literal way that I find it very exciting. If my childhood friends smelled this on me, I'm certain they'd think I was really weird for wanting to smell like this. Oh how I hated it when they would burn the incense and the sharp, bitter smoke would fill up the church and suffocate everyone nearly to death. And we'd all sit there with straight faces when we really wanted to wave our hands in front of our noses. You know how bad memories can be funny in retrospect? It's kind of like that. Full Incense makes me smile when I think back on the memory of that dreaded smell (oops, I guess I just gave away the fact that I never go to church anymore). It smells just like church incense but with a touch of sweetness, so really this is how I *wished* the church would've smelled. I like it, but I think it would take courage for me to wear it without feeling totally blasphemous.

midos
midos

I tested this week ago ! and I find it too far from real and good incense !!.
start smoky and spicy , then come what montale called : incense ! I can admit that this kind of incense I really smelled in the cheap incense shops in middle east or in india !where you can buy the same scent for 1 or 2 $ .
sorry to all who love this one this is just my opinion ! may be it doesn't work for my skin well!
but for sure I didnt like it.
update : this one will be nice if you use it with another perfume! and by the way: I couldn't see any feminine side in it! so I don't know why it is unisex???
for me it is 100% from the top to the end : masculine.

andyray
andyray

****+

If Montale’s ‘Greyland’ is the equivalent of Jan Garbarek’s modernistic ECM recording ‘Visible Worlds’, (see my review), then perhaps ‘Full Incense’ suggests a performance of Garbarek’s sublime collaboration with the Hilliard Ensemble, ‘Officium’ within Westminster Cathedral: the incense like the ancient music itself transformed by voice and saxophone, floating as an ethereal body within the liturgical spaces on the wings of Garbarek’s unique soprano.

Has ever incense been given such a definitive monist statement?

For G x

Trvevil
Trvevil

Pure incense with a little of 'old wood' scent to it, which is very nostalgia inducing. It is hot hot incense, but also somewhat very calm, it's not as cold and resinous as Passage D'Enfer or as saturated and strong as Bois d'Encens. A calmer melancholic incense.

Kamicha
Kamicha

Very much like CdG Avignon. Slightly more resinous - the difference is most obvious from close distance from the skin - and the sillage lacks the spacious dimension and lush, cool moistness of Avignon. Slightly more intimate and a tad sweeter.

Can't justify owning the both, but this is beautiful and uncompromized incense indeed. Pure and spiritual. Dark and interesting.

Nevertheless, I love it.

Scentrist
Scentrist

Just sampled this, so I promise I'll come back with a more thorough review, but seeing this reminded me that I needed to revisit this fragrance.

At first blush, I get an 80's vibe from this -- something I've felt that i smelled before, perhaps circa 1982. This is very bold, assertive, resiny, yet there's almost a pitched sweetness about it that stands out from the smolder. Strong and masculine are the best initial impressions I can provide. This is smoky yet very cool and breezy where a warm, amber incense would be better captured by say Tom Ford's Amber Absolute (perhaps unfair to compare, there's no amber here, but given the high-mass discourse...).

This is worth test driving for a full-day, now that I'm intrigued. But it's too early to render an opinion.

Montale goes Comme Des Garcons. Bolder than Avignon and slightly less minimalistic but still too literal. A rip-off.

AndrzejK

Great incense and very churchy. One of my favourite incense frags.
Since it is very thick and oily, one must be very careful putting it on wearing clothes since its oilyness may stain them.

Update (August 2013): I have read Full Incense has been reformulated and watered down. My review refers to the version before the reformulation.

Update of March 2014: Unfortunately, current Full Incense is not the frag I used - it is definitely watered down, it is sweeter and has much much less incense. Too bad.

armchair sailor
armchair sailor

Spicy church. Imagine attending mass with the spice girls in the choir. ;)

zielona
zielona

I don't know what is wrong with my head or nose, but some incense fragrances are simply murderous: Avignon, Shanaan, Cardinal - god, kill me now. Hello migraine!

Full Incense is - unfortunately - very similar to those three mentioned above. Pure, sharp frankincense, too clear and straightforward for me. It doesn't change much, I get only a hint of sour cedar wood and acrid elemi. And then my head explodes.

kolciag
kolciag

Love it :) Perfect incense for me. It's somewhere between Cardinal and Avignon, really close to both but different somehow :) For sure it will find it's place in my collection !!

Parfumista2010
Parfumista2010

FI is not for me as I like warm incensy fragrances.
This one is stone cold and inapproachable - like an artful statue made by a famous sculptor. Nice to look at but you would not want to touch it.
If it comes to incense I prefer Messe de Minuit or Preludio d´Oriente with their warm comforting embrace.

Aur-ha-kadosh

as i told you i bought it and it is wonderful !! there is full of incense in, and the openning is really harsh and smells real oliban resin like if burning now ! noticed that the openning is nearly the same that Wazamba from Parfums d'Empires , but while wazamba begins harsh and continue to very solar balsamic incense, Full Incense after min of strong resin perfume turns to some floral citrusy incense and becomes lighter , while wazamba is strong from the begining to the end !

i love both of them, Full incense is really perfect for day and hot climat, while wazamba is the scent for the night and cold days, and for great ceremonies !

Aur-ha-kadosh

i am really imptient about this one, i will buy it soon, i hope, and i will share my review then with you all, read you soon

straige
straige

It's wonderful, wonderful incense... Like a Cardinal by Heeley: dark, sharp, aggressive... Glorious!!!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Montale Full Incense fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Montale Full Incense, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Full Incense by Montale. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Full Incense by Montale represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.