Designers » M » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Intense Cafe Montale for women and men

Intense Cafe Montale for women and men
dislike

coffee
Intense Cafe Montale for women and men Pictures Intense Cafe Montale for women and men Pictures Intense Cafe Montale for women and men Pictures Intense Cafe Montale for women and men Pictures

Intense Cafe by Montale is a Oriental Vanilla fragrance for women and men. Intense Cafe was launched in 2013. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Montale. Top note is floral notes; middle notes are coffee and rose; base notes are amber, vanila and white musk.

Floral Notes

Nüwa

Intense Cafe Fragrance Reviews

JayO
JayO

Very nice! From all of the Montale I've tried this one and cuir D'arabie are so far my favorites. Probably their best use of rose so far, all of the notes sparkle and I can identify them all individually, at times they converge and together smells of a rich fresh tobacco. I was worried it would be sweet but it's not! Fb worthy imo

judith.nitcy
judith.nitcy

Very disappointing. With the name, I was expecting an assertive coffee note, but it barely peeks out from underneath the mounds of sugary vanilla and flowers. On the plus side, it lasts a really long time on my skin. But that doesn't really matter because I don't like how it smells :p Feels like something a teenage girl might like to wear, but not an adult.

giggleloop
giggleloop

I think this is what I wanted Black Opium to be (which ended up being just straight up vanilla on me). There is the sweetness of the vanilla, but it's cut first by the coffee and then by the rose and the musk. Considering how much I dislike rose scents, I'm surprised at how much I love Intense Cafe.

Nessers
Nessers

This could be my new signature. It's that good.

I have been wearing it for about 4 hours and can still smell it as strongly as when I initially put it on. It is a blended so well that I could not distinguish one note from the other. What I do get is a very creamy, jammy type of rose. very balanced with amber and vanilla and the hint raw coffee beans .

It smells like how you would imagine a sexy young woman to smell like. what I like about it even more as there are 0 amounts of violet, iris or powdery notes within this reference.

When I see it notes of powder referencing a very feminine scent as a whole, I despise. I believe a woman can be feminine and sexy and still be indulged in a sweet, musky amber scent rather than the safer composition in the violent and Rose and patchouli.

I say Bravo. This is my new signature and I am looking forward to purchasing many more in future.

This is very interesting. It has the strongest coffee note, I have smelled in perfumes so far.
The perfect coffee fragrance, it's exactly, what the notes say.
Rose and vanilla are also very strong in it. An unique scent that smells like coffee at first and turns into nice sweet gourmand after some time.
A coffee, dessert and roses is what this smells like altogether.

Sophie75
Sophie75

Lovely, lovely and lovely!!! Will soon get a 10ml sample, I can't wait! Very unique, gourmand, sexy and warm creature!

Betsywoolbright
Betsywoolbright

I have a sample of Rose Aoud, and I'm noticing that this is quite similar. Though Intense Cafe is sweeter, and more vanilla, I detect a common base, that I do not think is amber. I think intense cafe features oud, or cedar, or something woody that's not mentioned in the notes.
This is a "like," but not a "love" for me. I like the sweet milky coffee (not strong) and vanilla (stronger) notes, and the woody, rosy base. I don't find it hugely original, but it is quite nice.

YouSmells
YouSmells

The opening is so wonderful I could tell I was smiling like beetle on dung.

The dry down reverts quickly to a dark rose, that is a little more tricky to be as happy about.

Then throw in a synthetic-ish but inviting milk chocolate.

All of which is long, projecting, lasting.

If they could capture that opening and extend it into a linear fragrance, this would be a top three all-time favorite without question. It is literally intoxicating. The happy drunk.

Kudos Mr. Montale...you were so close.

icingsugar
icingsugar

While this satisfies my rose jam craving very much, there is something about the overall composition which reminds me so much of Armani Si (which i have but don't often wear). I do not know if it is the rose/amber/vanilla combination which is doing it. I also get the chocolate vibe from this, rather than coffee per se (although in the initial spray they is a strong espresso smell which quickly fades, as others have pointed out), but it is reminiscent of coffee. As I wore Si when I visited Rome for the first time, this fragrance does remind me of Italy, and coffee. It is in the same vein as Angel and A Men, but softer and more floral/fruity. Sillage is not very strong for me, it stays close to the skin. I love the beautiful bottle. I'll have to see if this grows on me. It is a comforting scent, but not completely original.

artemiss
artemiss

This is a late summer/early fall sort of scent. Not in a rustic apples and cinnamon sort of way, either. This is a classy urban autumn sitting outside at a cafe on a brisk fall day, the scent of espresso and scones with black currant jam in your hand mingling with the last of the frost-bitten roses and hints of wood smoke in the air. Even the musk and amber works on me with this, the usually weird medicinal notes turning into the pots of chrysanthemums warming in the sun on the patio beside you.

jes1123
jes1123

My newest, latest and greatest, signature! Intense Cafe makes me realize that Tom Ford Cafe Rose is the lie your parents told you - that coffee stunts your growth and so you shouldn't have too much of it. While Cafe Rose is barely-there-coffee and two dozen roses, Intense Cafe is for the espresso drinker, who enjoys sniffing a bouquet of long stemmed roses but doesn't exactly want to smell like one. This is an initial blast of coffee, which quickly dissipates to a creamy, chocolatey latte sprinkled with mysticism and sex appeal. The roses are musky and undetectably rose or floral. This fragrance is intoxicatingly inviting, 98 degrees warm, and edible. It's not marshmallow-sweet, but more like the sweetness of raw dark cocoa (it's almost as if your mind creates the sensation of sweetness because you associate chocolate with sugar). Longevity is ALL day and sillage is appropriate - neither whispering nor shouting. The fragrance surrenders to your skin within minutes to create the perfect melt between the contents of the bottle and the contents of your soul.I am not a Montale fan in general, but this scent is actual art and the packaging is unique - a nice addition to my perfume gallery. The bottle is dark purple, not brown as pictured above (there may have been a change in packaging). My recommendation is a whole hearted 10/10. If you love coffee and comfort scents, definitely add this masterpiece to your collection!

tandaina
tandaina

This is one for which body chemistry must play a big part.

On me, this is a beautiful fragrance. It's a really classy blend of rose and creamy coffee. It's linear, yes. It goes on the same as it wears for hours but that fragrance is so enjoyable that I'm quite happy with its simplicity. For me the coffee is almost a mocha scent which pairs really well with the rose. Not at all synthetic or unnatural smelling as some have commented.

This is not one to blind buy given the wide variation in reviews, test it on your own skin and see how it works for you, for me? Heaven in a bottle.

micavana
micavana

This is another scent that I may be a little biased with as I do like MOST, but not ALL of the Montale Paris line. I know that the house of Montale Paris catches a lot of flack, but I have to respectfully disagree. Montale Paris has almost always has great projection and longevity on my skin, which makes it a natural favorite house of mine.

Now on to Intense Cafe...

My first impression of this fragrance was.. "Oh Boy, Another Oud / Rose Scent... Goody". (Said with a sarcastic tone) Honestly, I am kind of over the whole oud / rose craze. I like oud, but now it seems to be a challenge to find a scent that does not have the oud note, or at least the oud name. And I have never really been a big fan of rose. So I didn't have high hopes for this. "I will solider on and try it tomorrow to continue my fragrance explorations" I told myself.

That night a lady friend dropped by, we drank a little too much and decided to crash. I had to be up earlier than her the next morning, so I let her sleep in as I dressed for work. As I spray IC on my skin I could hear her start to stir and say " MMMMM... What smells so good? I like that!" Looking over at her, she was up and smiling... Ok, I have to admit that was a good way to start off trying a new scent. So I dropped my rose / oud aversion and decided to give IC a fair shot.

IMO the "Intense" in IC refers to that initial spray. A VERY strong rose, coffee and vanilla scent filled my loft. A little more rose that I care for, but a beautiful scent non the less. Unlike others I do get coffee from IC. It is a blended coffee though, not the dominate note.

Thought the day, IC did settle on my skin a bit and the amber and musk start to appear and join the rose, vanilla and coffee. A very good combination. I can understand the reference to Chocolate vibe that others have mentioned as well.

This scent lasted a good 12 hours on my skin and I did receive a few compliments.

Bottom line: I am glad I bought a bottle of this. If you like Montale or Rose scents you should try a sample of this. If dominant coffee is what you are looking for, there are others you should look at before this one.

danieq
danieq

When I first sprayed this (very minimally) I was not terribly impressed, it came off as a very fruity rose with a whole lot of generic sweetness thrown in. I'd been hoping that there would be a good dose of cacao and coffee but I got neither of those at the beginning. However, now that it's dried down for about 3 hours, it is reminding me of Gourmand Coquin, which totally took me by surprise. That might win it a space on my shelf! It's stronger than the GC by quite a bit and I do get lots of wafts as I go about my business, as with other Montale's I've sampled.

fluerthomas
fluerthomas

I'm so glad I was able to get a small amount, inexpensively from Scentbird. It smells like a floral/strawberry chocolate cream, and its delightful. I loved this at first sniff but its somewhat synthetic smelling and the coffee 'scent' is little caustic. I can sort of feel it tickle in the back of my throat. I'm falling in love with the uniqueness of this scent.

The roses are said to be vegetal and it reminds me of Roses de Chloe mixed somehow with a cafe version of Hypnotic Poison. I can't imagine this being appropriate for a man but its really fascinating and I think it suits an artistic free spirit perfectly. It smells like a hallmark Valentine's Day. Its romantic and sensual. Its like I'm a barista in a coffee shop who just got the most beautiful smelling roses as I'm taking a bite of a strawberry creme truffle. I've been looking for something like this for a while.

SexyJasmine
SexyJasmine

Smells nice. Smells like vanilla coffee in the beginning but then after a short while it just smells like a very nice vanilla fragrance. I do like it but it smells common to me and not worth the $100+ price tag.

kanak
kanak

I really cant smell any coffee note in this Montale, the one Montale I think which has a proper coffee note is Kabul Aoud which is not in the fragrantica database. Intense cafe to my nose is a vanilla rose fragrance with hints of musk and some florals. Like most Montales, strong projection and 1 spray lasts 10-12 hours, no kidding.
If you have tried a few Montales, you know by now if you like their style of perfumes. If you love Montales, Intense Cafe is a good one. If you dont like Montales, this probably wont change your mind. Generally speaking,If the combination of Rose and vanilla piques your interest, you should give this a try. It is not the most original of smells if you live in South Asia or the Middle East as a lot of standard issue attars by Houses like Ajmal or Rasasi and others smell like this. All that being said, I have kinda grown to love this Montale. 8/10

valantis
valantis

Smells like intense roses musk extrait parfum..

Basey85
Basey85

As I walk down a faintly lit street, I’m looking for shelter from the onslaught of this nights wind and rain as I am certain that my umbrella will soon fail. I turn the corner and I spot a cafe, I must admit the warm glow emanating through the windows is too tempting to pass up. I get closer and I smell the aroma of coffee beans welcoming me home. I open the door and feel the warm air rush over me as it escapes out the door, as I’m closing the door behind me I glimpse familiar faces talking to friends and loved ones. I sit at my favourite table with the vase of sweetly smelling roses; I become entranced by the sudden scent of creamy vanilla burning ever so slowly from the candle in front of me. I sip my freshly made coffee leisurely while I appreciate the warm amber glow of the fireplace from across the room that calmly resonates with and relaxes my shivering soul.

Intense Cafe lovingly comforts me in a blanket laden with rich rose petals (slightly similar to 24 Platinum), yet 24 Platinum is a little more synthetic to my nose while Intense Cafe has this smoothness to it. I consider it more stylish and sophisticated; with one to two sprays it’s very comforting and calming.

I have fallen for Montale’s Intense Cafe. 10/10 imo.

mayberry
mayberry

Coffee fragrances always smell fruity on me. This is no exception. It smells like rose, berry, and some chemical concoction. Sickeningly synthetic.

Eos
Eos

Delicious! The first half of Intense Cafe (IC) reminds me a lot of Guerlain's Gourmand Coquin. The notes of IC combine to conjure an olfactory illusion: one of rich, floralized chocolate. The rose is powdery, velvety soft, slightly fruity and pink toned. Combine that with the luxuriously creamy vanilla note and the dark bitterness of coffee and VOILA!: Chocolate. After about the 30 minute mark the chocolote hologram fades and most of what I get is a vanillic rosey musk.

miletas89
miletas89

YAAAAAASSS! sweet, jammy, thick caramely goodness. the coffee is detectable, but is not the star of the show. the queen here is rose, and her cavalier - vanilla latte. this is not your typical english garden fresh rose, neither is it the rose of lipsticks and turn-of-the-century dusting powders. it is rich, voluptuous, warm and dark, done in a sort of middle eastern style where the florals are dense, sweet, and strong.

ChesterVa
ChesterVa

I enjoy Montale Paris , love Sweet Oriental Dream and Vanille Absolu and this is another interesting fragrance from them.I agree with most of the reviews here, the coffee note is short and sweet and then gone very quickly and what is left is Roses, at least for me. Rose perfumes usually give me a headache fairly quickly but this one does not and if someone is looking for a Rose of a different nature, I would suggest trying this. I don't understand calling it Intense Cafe when Rose really needs to be part of the label. Montale Paris perfumes tend to be strong and this one is especially so. Not something i would buy a FB of, but any Rose lover should check this out.

landshark321
landshark321

While Black Aoud may be the most popular Montale, Intense Cafe is certainly the most hyped of late, and as a gourmand lover, I had high expectations, most of which were met. Intense Cafe is unusually sweet but impressive in that it's not cloying (24 Gold achieves this delicate balance as well).

The composition is mainly a balance of coffee, amber, rose, and vanilla that leans most heavily to vanilla. I found the opening more fruity and floral fresh, with the dry down more a harmonious blend of the notes above. Surely the vanilla is strongest, though, provide its characteristic stable sweetness---nothing over-the-top like cake/frosting, but definitely more to the dessert side, even like vanilla extract

The usual Montale power is there, in terms of above average projection and longevity. I'd highly recommend this for fans of gourmands, vanilla, and rose alike. Intense Cafe is now on my "to buy" list.

8 out of 10

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

I love the smell of coffee. Intense Café opens with a strong coffee note, and fades away in 5 minutes. Then it turns into a sweet rose with vanilla and amber. I could detect some coffee in the background. It is a very nice gourmand fragrance, and like all Montales, it lasts and lasts. I like it very much.

The coffee note was only in the few seconds of the opening. Then there is something like Roses Musk: typical Montale's rose, vanilla... I have Montale's perfumes with roses. I wanted intensive coffee! Disappointment(

Maia_Sultana
Maia_Sultana

smells like a red candy apple, I like

Baseeta
Baseeta

I just picked myself up off the floor and floated over to my computer to talk about something. I was sorting, organizing, thinking about sending perfume to my evil twin, when on a whim I sprayed some that I was going to give away, unsniffed. That would be Montale Intense Cafe. I hate rose and can't stand coffee notes. What's the point in trying? But did I not realize that there is vanilla and musk and amber? I am such a fool sometimes. Sorry, evil twin. This is not going into the care package. I have never smelled a rose in quite this way. It is sweet, it's subtle, it's.......

Pianomelody
Pianomelody

Beautiful perfume! Gourmand,sweet and hot ... it wraps you in intense heat, giving you a bit of elegance! It is very powerful as almost all Montale, but is well balanced! Here the rose is in first place,the vanilla and the other notes are just a backdrop,creating a unique atmosphere, warm and unique. I evokes moments near the fireplace, it's snowing outside, you have your cup of hot chocolate, a heavy wool sweater listening to relaxing music... this is really nice !! The sillage is large, and huge longevity (12 + hours).! I like.

Sillage: 8.5/10

Overall: 9/10

Dark-X
Dark-X

1. There is no coffee here. The name is deceiving.

2. I've smelt at least 2 other cheap fragrances before Intense Cafe that smelled exactly like it, one of them I still own since 2011.

This is a strong medicinal perfume that smells like strawberry-flavored children's fever syrup (paracetamol syrup).
Like rose & strawberry concentrate with heavy projection!

The smell itself isn't much & the promise of coffee that the name "Intense Cafe" suggests is never fulfilled.

The juice is of a high quality but the smell is disappointing.

I gave away my sample to a female friend.
A man should not smell sweet, fruity, & flowery.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

This is a marvelous gourmand, but in montale style of being!
Solid but nothing balanced, since opening the cafe appears, but nothing too strong, looks like it has a crisp touch, pinches, like some beans, that when meets with a rose and a texture vanilla, creates a kind of bitter chocolate, cocoa half strawberries and half a lemon, something like a fruity chocolate and having a legitimate bitter touch it seems really tasty dark chocolate, full-bodied throughout drying, we can even talk that has bits of red fruits. In the line of Orchidee Vanile and Angelique Noire.
Excellent Montale.

Rating: 8,5-9/10

the_badger
the_badger

So this is unisex but Roses Vanille is for women? Hmm...

noddoc
noddoc

Atemberaubender Duft. absolut empfehlenswert.

rprovenz
rprovenz

Smells incredible and very sexy scent. Awesome longevity and projection.

AlxEllis
AlxEllis

This is probably my favourite Montale out of the 9 that I own.

It opens with a gorgeous coffee note and some florals which are like BOOM! right at you, it smells sexy and seductive and very unique, from the minute I sprayed this it was an instant love. Amazing smell, sexy bottle (PURPLE and GOLD <3) and excellent heavy performance.

The ULTIMATE clubbing scent. Do get your nose on this fragrance!

blauriche
blauriche

To me it's a garish oud rose type thing which I find rather unpleasant. Very tenacious so if you like this sort of scent you'll probably be pleased with the longevity and sillage. I hoped it would smell a bit more like coffee, but it's your typical Montal oud rose.

nicok
nicok

disappointing.
As it was said in a previous review, there is nothing niche with Montale. It is rather an effort from people irrelevant with perfume to make some money from the niche perfume market.

The fragrances are loud, not well balanced, and hard to detect any natural.

maelleinrome
maelleinrome

I can't smell the coffee at all... and that's awsome!!! I love coffee only in my cup, to drink! This is very very similar (almost the same smell to my nose!) to Mancera Roses Vanille, which I adore, so I can't decide which one I prefer...maybe someone can suggest me which one is more intense and longlasting? Thank you! :D

Kompeito
Kompeito

Rose is just as dominant in this as coffee at the start.

It's a creamy cafe mocha, instead of any kind of intense bitter espresso smell I had anticipated. I would have liked the bitter pure coffee, but I like this as well.

It's very wearable and nice. It's like brunch in a rose garden cafe.
I wonder if its just my skin playing up the floral femininity of this.
I'll have to test it out on my boyfriend later to see.
I can imagine this smelling quite nice on the right man.

It's a very romantic scent.
Like bringing your date flowers and chocolates.
Underneath there is a musky layer with a slightly amber tone that gives it a very sexy vibe.

I really enjoy the drydown that is very cream musk with tinge of coffee and flowers.
This feels both safe, yet sexy and unique enough to be interesting.

dkny27
dkny27

While I had bigger hopes for Montale... This is another scent that has a punch of scent without really delivering.
I get a very sweet, floral, choco-cereal scent... On my skin, it reminds me of the plastic toy that would come in a box of choco/vanilla cereal.
Although that sounds bad for a fragrance, there is also an undertone of a soapy note, which again is reminiscent of childhood.
The scent is a far miss for me...

Kain
Kain

I really like bitter coffee's smell in fragrances. considering the name, I said OK, Intense coffee along with rose? if coffee is the dominating note as the name says and rose is more as a supporting note that shouldn't be a problem because I hate rose! but the truth about this fragrance is something else. a fragrance based and dominated completely by sweet rose is what you will get out of this fragrance.

The opening is a sweet vanilla scent mixed with rose and a little fresh floral notes and noticeable amount of patchouli that gives the scent a damp and a little pungent aroma. where is coffee here? you tell me! it's a completely feminine scent. nothing masculine at all. not even one percent!

As time passes I'm getting exactly the same smell. sweet vanilla and rose and some patchouli and this is where coffee shows up. a weak and completely in the background coffee note that gives the scent slightly bitter aroma but it doesn't have a chance against vanilla and rose. the scent is still quite feminine to my nose.

Projection is strong as always and longevity is around 7-8 hours on my skin. it's a good scent for ladies that like rose in their fragrance but guys ...... STAY AWAY!

من شخصا از بوی تلخ قهوه تو عطرها خیلی خوشم میاد. با توجه به اسم این عطر که قراره کاملا بر پایه رایحه قهوه باشه پیش خودم گفتم. خوب اگر رایحه قهوه رایحه غالب این عطر باشه و رز که شصا ازش متنفرم ضعیف و بعنوان رایحه ساپورت کننده بشه احتمالا بشه تحملش کرد و نباید چیز بدی باشه اما در حقیقت و وقتی این عطر رو تست میکنی چیز دیگه ای رو تجربه میکنی. بوی شیرین و کاملا مشخص وانیل به همراه رایحه قوی رز تنها چیزیه که تو این عطر به مشام میرسه و این یعنی یه فاجعه تو سیستم بویایی و سلیقه بویایی من

رایحه ابتدایی این عطر با بوی کاملا شیرین و مشخص وانیل ترکیب با رایحه گلاب مانند رز شروع میشه. در کنار اینا کمی رایحه گلهای دیگه که تقریبا حس شادابی دارن و مقدار مشخصی هم نعنای هندی که حس مرطوب و کمی تند و تیز به عطر میده هم قابل حس کردنه. رایحه قهوه کجای اینه؟ شما به من بگین. بوی عطر صد درصد زنانه اس و حتی یه سر سوزن چیز مردانه ای اینجا وجود نداره

با گذر زمان بوی عطر تغییر زیادی نمیکنه. همچنان بوی شیرین وانیل و رز بصورت کامل حکمفرمایی میکنن و کمی هم نعنای هندی این وسط وجود داره و حالا یواش یواش میشه بوی قهوه رو حس کرد. یه بوی بسیار ضعیف و ملایم قهوه که یه ته بوی تلخ و جالب به عطر میده اما در مقابل وانیل و رز هیچ حرفی برای گفتن و جایی برای عرض اندام نداره. همچنان بوش کاملا زنانه اس به نظر من

پخش بوی خوب و بالایی داره مثل اکثر کارای مونتال و ماندگاریش هم بین 7-8 ساعت روی پوست هست. این عطر میتونه گزینه مناسبی باشه برای خانومهایی که رایحه شیرین گل رز دوست دارن اما آقایون .... حتی سمتش هم نرین

nemorino
nemorino

Am I the only one to be skeptical about this so called " niche" brand?

Here is what I think....there is nothing artistic about this brand, they make linear fat very loud and artificial fragrances. This has nothing to do with the indepandent nose who creates from scratsh his own brand while he or her has something to say with fragrances...
This is a big multinational that has analyzed the market and saw that there is some money to grab in the "niche segment".

It is a disgrace to see the "fragrance community" jump on it and even creating this hype..

PS: .this also goes for that other so called "niche " brand MANCERA

IC is a reproduction of a sweet-caramel Starbucks coffee, artificial from the beginning until the end!

Thesheppardswife
Thesheppardswife

This was suggested to me in place of Black Opium, which I quite liked but only after about a day had passed. It needed that long to calm down. Montale Intense Cafe is easier to live with, but after a dab, I passed it on to a male work colleague. It smells delectable on him. I think I will enjoy this frag better on another person, than on myself.

I still have hopes for something to work for me, from Montale, just a case of finding it.

Update: a few weeks later, I love this frag on other people or even just on a bit of fabric or paper.
Not for me skin though. Wish I could command several people around me to wear it so I could enjoy Intense Cafe on a daily basis.

tatonnement
tatonnement

Gorgeous fragrance and I'm not one for sweet smelling scents. There is nearly no coffee note in this frag, in fact it's strong with rose, vanilla and a hint of woods - mix of oud and amber, mostly in the dry down. It transforms deliciously on the skin though, despite it's initial simplicity. Not being overly in your face like lets say, Tom Ford's "Black Orchid", this is a great scent to wear on a date and is light enough for the daytime, however there is a certain "velvet" tone to it that still whispers sex. Huge sillage, a little will go a LONG way. This is one of those fragrances that can induce nausea if worn too heavy, so beware.

ineverwas
ineverwas

A truly beautiful perfume, but unfortunately also a victim of its uninspired naming.

Coffee smell lovers will probably be disappointed by Intense Cafe - the coffee note here is very discreet and very well-blended into the scent. It's all but imperceptible really.

However, I will judge this perfume based on how it smells and not what it's called. As a rose scent, it's glorious. The rose note is lush, rich, velvety and sweet, almost slipping into gourmand territory while still retaining its freshness. The creamy soft vanilla in which it's dipped gives it a clear feminine bent. Also, despite not being listed in the notes, Intense Cafe has quite an apparent oud note that confers some darkness and Oriental depth.

But what I love most about this scent is how alive it feels when worn on skin and how satisfying it proves as the day goes by. There's wet red roses for floral lovers, there's oud, amber and musk for oriental lovers, there's a sugary vanilla sweetness for the gourmands - it's really foolproof as far as I'm concerned. Needless to say, longevity and projection are both just perfect. I could never imagine regretting my choice for the day or wanting to change my perfume midday as it happened to me with other scents.

A versatile and satisfying rose.

Highschoolrugbyboy64
Highschoolrugbyboy64

anybody have a bottle of this for swap or sale?

CeciliaWilson
CeciliaWilson

Didn't turn out as I expected at all. I was looking for a the smell of freshly grounded coffee beans and this wasn't it. Nothing but a tired sweet smell, no coffee, at the most a overly sugared starbucksesque excuse for a coffee drink...

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

Titles give us a certain expectation of it's contents. This fragrance was well delivered, but I wanted something more from it. Coffee is the most fleeting note and by the same token, the very note that would have kept Intense Cafe a unisex fragrance. Unfortunately for me, after the coffee flees the scene I'm left with rose, amber and vanilla which evolves quite femininely. A vanilla latte decorated in rose petals. While I enjoyed Intense Cafe, I'd prefer it on the skin of a woman.

Postumo
Postumo

A gourmand rose, in my opinion.

Coffee is there at the beggining and it's quickly subdued by the vanille and rose jam. It gives me a sensation of a moka infused bouquet of roses, sweetened by an elegant vanille note.

One of the best releases of this house which latest releases have been a little hit&miss.

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

Beware! For me, this was simply a huge rose assault, on the grandest scale.

Goodness, sorry people but this was just another huge disappointment!

I detected the faintest dry coffee at the start, only the weakest trace and then the thick and unforgiving rose bomb landed.

How people get any Coffee of any bold note is beyond me, the whole scent is a unapologetic rose bomb!

All I get is the faintest , anemic coffee that has barely half the charisma of an outdated Nescafe that simply drowns a terrible death by oceans of rose at what must be at least 20% concentration!

Sample was from Scent samples on Ebay,, a reputed distributor!

A big let down and I think an even bigger missed opportunity by Montale!

I begin to think was there a mistake in the production - Was the intended proportion of coffee confused and inverted by the rose? I'm not sure, as even if the coffee was overwhelmingly strong the rose even as a supporting note would balance things out pretty easily as Rose can easily made extremely intense. The vanilla would also soften a strong coffee, it would have been a great contrast and my score certainly would have been at least a 9/10 because the Quality of materials used is still very good.

Very sad, as in the drydown I do like (a little), the amber which is nice and oudy and vanilla gives a creamy texture - but again the rose just blows away all at the end.

Very unbalanced and the reviewer who mentioned 'Intense Rose' and others similar couldn't have been more correct!

It really is an Extrait de Rose!

Sorry people, I am the sort of person that hugely appreciates a House even if only 1 of their scents is a hit for me, I'm very picky but Montale does in fact have 2 bottles I really love so there's no question of their Credibilty to me!

But here, I was expecting something beautifully addictive and juxtaposed, classy, trendy even and modern. A real 'Barista' effect, rich and heady, coffee oils - but received close to nothing.

Very sorry.

Update: It seems Montale have issued a new color bottle for this,, I am not sure but having tested the Purple bottle, maybe this is a similar thing to what they did for Aoud Pine? I'm really hoping maybe they just may have dampened the rose if this is the case because it totally ruined what could have been a great scent,,

Scent: 3/10.
Quality: 8/10.

KellyGrant
KellyGrant

This is the rich sophisticated third cousin of Angel men, except without the mint and harshness of tar in the opening. The coffee is rich, smooth and creamy. The dry down comes pretty fast and doesn't disappoint. IMO, this is a gourmand fragrance without a doubt.

fuggerone
fuggerone

powerful concoction which should have been named "biscottino" or "chocolate chip cooky", powerhouse of a gourmand, is actually an oddball more on the masculine side..Ladies swoon over it!

diorshowman
diorshowman

Just had my full day of wearing Intense Cafe so I am here to report back. First thing I have to say is that, as with all other Montales, the longevity is excellent. Projection and sillage is great too depending on how much you spray. Now to the scent itself...

Intense cafe is very much in the realm of Montale's other gourmand offering: Red Aoud. If you like Red Aoud, I think you will like Intense Cafe too. There really is not much coffee in here as the name suggests, just the initial blast in the opening you get the coffee. After that you are left with a vanilla, rose, chocolate gourmand scent that is delicious,however it is a bit redundant being that Red Aoud is already on the market.

Longevity:A
Projection:A
Uniqueness:B
Versatility:B-
OVERALL: B

seekritdude
seekritdude

A deceptive name. Im not sure what sort of Cafe smells like this. And deceptive notes. Like many others any coffee what so ever in this I really have to look for myself. That being said it is a nice, pleasant smell. Also like others I do get a hint of something that my nose relates to chocolate. And when wearing it others around me also commented as such. However like only one other reviewer said this actually sorta smells like..... Bubble gum to me. Mind you a very plain, simple bubble gum. Sorta like a bazooka joe. I know this is a random analogy and only one other reviewer that ive seen has said it, but I also get it.

Anyway it a nice smell, and one of the better montales ive smelled. But personally I cant see myself every wearing it unless a GF or something asked me too. Just not that interesting enough/or that great.

AmoreProfumi

Just splurged && purchased a large bottle off luckyscent last night, after going through my whole sample after working all this 4th of July weekend && wanting it ever since, it was a your worth it you earned it purchase, so Yass! so happy to finally own this beloved essence of perfection. This is saying a lot for me I don't usually splurge unless I absolutely love something so if that's saying anything, anywho Can't wait for it to arrive, Current Mood: SUPER EXCITED!! :D

Update: (7/15/14) It just arrived today!, I will note something I never got from the sample, when I sprayed this from the actual bottle I really got that blast of coffee (just delish!)...only it doesn't last long at all :/ && quickly turns into the vanilla-rose scent, still love it though! ;)

UPDATE: I wear this as my going out scent, I experiment layer it with my Prada Candy, && Immediately transfixed to heaven, I get so many compliments when I wear this! <3 ;D

RhiannonB
RhiannonB

I got a sample of Intense Café from Lucky Scent along with a dozen others and it was the one that stood out to me. I knew that I had to buy a full bottle of it. The name is somewhat of a misnomer because it’s not really intense and it doesn’t really smell of coffee. I very rarely detect coffee from this perfume, as many other people have mentioned, but instead get almost-chocolate smell when it dries down. I know cacao isn’t one of its notes so I thought is this the note that’s pretending to be coffee. Lately I have been getting something closer to coffee from it; I think it smells like hovering your nose over the fumes of a cup of coffee, wafting a gentle coffee aroma, and not the scent of rich coffee beans. The mocha of coffee perfume.

However, it’s not called Intense COFFEE but Intense CAFE. And it does remind me of a café. It puts the image of a quaint French Café in winter with Rose vines draped over the windows. I imagine a tall and dark-haired metrosexual man, who’s wearing a trench coat and scarf, drinking coffee and reading a book in said French café and wearing this perfume. I can see it on this kind of man and I find that attractive. I believe it would suit any gender but not every personality – it is a sophisticated scent.

Rose certainly is the beautiful star of Intense Café. It opens with Rose which then lingers, fading, in the background as it dries down. I didn’t know I really liked Rose until this perfume. I’ve read that couple of people think it’s a dirty and masculine Rose but, to me, it’s actually the opposite. It’s a wet, fresh, musky, red and romantic rose to me. It smells freshly picked and like it has beads of dew sitting on its petals. However, if I’m heavy handed in applying it it does smell like jam, jammy rose, as some people have previously mentioned.

About half an hour to an hour into wearing it I begin to notice the milky Vanilla and the almost-chocolate notes. Now I adore Vanilla so it was in my territory now. The Rose grows fainter as it goes on and no specific note stands out; just a blur of vanilla-rose-musk-mocha. The Amber comes into play a few hours in making it a vanilla-amber combination which I love. It’s very soft and delicate. It’s very warm and cosy. It’s like a candlelit date.

Temperature definitely plays into effect with this perfume. The first time I tried this on I was in my warm room with my heater turned up high and thought ‘this is nice’ but as soon as walked out into the freezing cold winter hallway I went ‘OMG what is that incredibly gorgeous smell!’ I spent the next few minutes walking between the cold corridor and my warm room to smell the difference. I think in warmer temperatures it amps up the sweetness making it almost sickly but in the colder temperatures it has this romantic and mysterious vagueness to it.

Sillage is moderate on me but it varies depending on the environment. I find it moderate to long-lasting, depending on your definition; it lasts about four to six hours at its full strength and then about another four to six hours at a soft and subtle vanilla-amber dry down. I’ve heard some people say this is extremely gourmand and sweet but I don’t find it so – and I love gourmand scents. It’s very elegant, fresh, chic and sexy to me. 9.5/10 for me.

sweettoothannie
sweettoothannie

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!1 <3 <3 <3

cmbathyal
cmbathyal

Got the sample from lucky scent. Right off the bat its rose all the way..rose is done really well and its like jammy rose like edible. Fresh not smoky however coffee note is weak.
The rose note is more prominent and its kind of linear to me. Not a bad frag but I m not a huge fan of rose..challenging to wear but maybe I revisit this in winter and might give another try.
Performance is strong but not beast mode.
Update - after 2 hrs the rose slightly giving way to vanilla and to the chocolate note..think its evolving and getting better however the frag itself loosing strength on skin a bit.

Scara_Reid
Scara_Reid

I've got a sample and I'm wearing it today.
It's fantastic!! If I will feel the same way about it after 3-4 days, I will buy this perfume for sure!

aphexacid
aphexacid

If you took Rose Anonyme and removed the ozonic note, and replaced it with coffee, you have Montale Intense cafe. They're that similar! Its very good, but the name is misleading. Its more about the rose than coffee.

Excellent performance.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Sweetish, artificial, musky, kind of nauseating opening, a bit similar to Mugler's Angel. I detect some whiskey notes, and no coffee at all, at any point. It evolves then in a more pleasant flower accord with a light gloomy and dry base, which recalls oud although I don't see it in the notes listed. After just a bit more than one hour, I get a debris of oud-like smell on dark vanilla. Globally I get the intense, I don't get the café, and it's another "no" for Montale to me.

4/10.

AmoreProfumi

Sooo I'm in love with this...I ordered a sample off Luckyscent, just received it today...&& OMG!! soon as I popped the little lid off the tube I was hit with such a sweet captivating sex me aroma...I have found my next purchase for sure!! I placed this on my wrist && Immediately swooned, this stuff is just so tastefully good! Now true this isn't the coffee screamer people had hoped this to be, but I'm ok with that, the blend of this is perfection! What you're getting is pretty much a soft vanilla'd rose blanketed with a delicate layer of coffee, now though this pretty much voted as just being suitable for the colder months...but the thing is it's more sweet then spicy, to were I see this being perfectly acceptable on a cool summer's night as an intriguing going out scent which is exactly what I'll use it as, oh yes this has a little sex appeal, deff. some sultriness to it. && Longevity && Sillage are Grade A I expect nothing less from my fav. niche brand...I put this on around 3pm it is now 130am && it's still going strong, oh yes deff on my must have list, will be purchasing very soon! give it a try you won't be sorry! :D

Overall: 10/10

Lily2911
Lily2911

I agree with Chicago Tony, this is not the rich gourmand i was initially expecting but i really love that combination of coffee opening and then the rich rose which morfs into the sweet amber vanilla dry down. The projection is incredible and it stayed very long on my skin. I think the title is misleading, it is not intense coffee but rather soft coffee with an amazing rose body and sweet dry down. So if you don't expect heavy coffee note, try this beauty because it is very well crafted !

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

Is it gourmand? Is it a floral? Is it a musk? It's kinda like all 3 mixed in one Every note is detectable even if for a short period of time. Too bad the coffee note does not stick around but this is still a great from Montale. I have had it on for about 8 hours and I am getting rose/vanilla/amber and musk. The usual Montale projection and sillage are intact from what you would expect from Montale. Great for spring and fall.

Jusacuz
Jusacuz

I bought a sample from Luckyscent. The first thing I smelled from the sample tube was coffee! I was excited. However, on contact with my skin it went to roses and cocoa, much like a cafe. Still very nice.

Toward the end of the day, it was all creamy vanilla/toasted marshmallow. There were no traces of the other scents for me. It's not bad, but I'm really glad I started with a sample. It is just okay on me.

rum
rum

I've been trying to get hold of a sample of this scent here in the UK ever since I first heard about this new Montale release and only recently managed to get hold of a sample.

The opening is definitely floral, strong, potentially medicinal and yet this is FINALLY a scent by Montale where oud is not the main focus of the evening. There is meant to be coffee in this scent according to its name, but the coffee is too creamy to describe as 'black coffee' and has too much vanilla to call it anything but a vanilla milk-shake note. It definitely smells of a standard high street coffee chain producing vanilla latte's and sweet pastries, but this is not your classic dark, black coffee.

Now onto the rose. If it is anything near enough to rose, this is a very dirty rose, quite un-feminine I might add and rather badly done. It's definitely there. It blends with the sweetness of the vanilla and the other notes there (perhaps a bit of patchouli), but this is a fragrance that to my note can only be described as organised chaos. The notes do not follow through to each other smoothly, often clashing with each other on the way to total olfactory domination.

One description of this scent was that it smells like Greek Orthodox incense on Easter Sunday, known as 'thymiama'. The description isn't far off, but it isn't quite that to my nose. The incense in question has a much purer rose scent and even though that is burnt on a censer, the smell is much more pleasant.

All in all, Intense Cafe is yet another disappointing scent from Montale, with very little to offer the fragrance world, given that I can get superb rose scents out there (Amouage Homage Attar) and scents with perfect coffee notes (Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier's Eau des Iles & Santal Noble).

Just to revise my review below....I love this and will be adding it to my collection. Intense cafe takes a few wears but it definitely grows in stature. It taps into my gurgling inner child that loves the sweet and comforting, gourmand softness of this scent. The Oud is really nice and increasingly evident. This is one of ten Montale's I've tried and only four I've reviewed and I have to say I wasn't that impressed with the house to begin with, Pierre Montale has a reputation which proceeds him and I'm starting to think it's fully justified. When I actually think about it the four I've worn extensively have all been excellent if not a little crazy like Oud cuir d'arabie and Black aoud.
Intense cafe is a smooth rose/Oud scent which is very cosy and which I'm totally in love with now...I'm wearing it today and I couldn't be happier.

cremedefleur
cremedefleur

This is a perfume that is so sensual that my eyes roll back and I don't even know what is going on. I can't describe what is happening for me, just that I am very fluid and sensual when I wear this. Is there chocolate? Perhaps...and yes, there is rose and vanilla and coffee but it is so harmoniously blended that it creates a mysterious veil of intimacy, yes.It becomes all of these notes and none of them, it becomes something deeper and sexier and holier. For those of you who are like "what the hell does it smell like," well, my most precise way of describing this fragrance is that is evokes Angel without the patchouli and leather and with more of a smokey and boozy vanilla note.

Aleksandja
Aleksandja

There is something really comforting to me about this scent. It clings really close to the skin in my case, and is really warm and sweet, yet elegant. Initially the coffee and amber had a bold presence, but I agree that the rose dominates here.

I usually don't like rose, but here it is soft and youthful. This is one of those scents that I enjoy on my skin, but I am not sure I want to smell like. My experience of coffee is strong, heady, turkish coffee, and unfortunatley the coffee here is illusive. I smell more cacao then cafe.

Still.. I keep smelling my wrist......

phoebemoonpie
phoebemoonpie

I love it. It does remind me of coffee the whole time. Dark, rosy coffee.

I've long believed I do not like rose fragrances, but this winter I've been trying some and I've fallen big time for some of the dark, dense and woody / foody rose scents like this one, and Mon Nom Est Rouge.

I think I'll buy some. Now.

Steph1323201
Steph1323201

WOW! OK this stuff is interesting and amazing. I first purchased a sample from lucky scent and immediately opened the vial and took a slow smell... mmm.. the rose hit me, I took a breath, then another whiff the amber, a third whiff COFFEE! I put it on my skin, but something happened.. the coffee disappeared on me! I opened the vial and sure enough the coffee was still there, smelled my wrist and low and behold the coffee was gone again lol. I truly love this scent even though the coffee seemingly disappears on me. On my skin I get a strong, deep, smoky smell with such a cozy wintery feeling. I am addicted to this stuff and can't wait to try the other Montales.

perfumeholic88
perfumeholic88

Like in almost every Montale scent here I also smell something like benzine with oud .It´s weird and littlebit unpleasant. Luckly it´s not so strong and it doesn´t dominate.
The most I smell sweet, lovely rose with some artificial vanilla ( but it´s actually not bad at all!) and then comes coffee but not as a real Arabica - it´s like coffee with whipped cream and dark chocolate. Nice scen for winter!

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

A lovely rose done in a typical Montale fashion: ie, rich, sweet, luxurious and with great projection and lasting power.

I did some research about this perfume before actually testing it, so my review may be somewhat "tainted" by that. Nevertheless, I did expect mostly rose, and that's what it is: a rose, sweet and thick vanilla, and only a hint of coffee. While the coffee is less prominent than one would normally expect based on the name, it is still detectable and nicely paired with the rose and vanilla. Its' a sweet floral spicy scent, perhaps try to imagine a less earthy and more feminine Noir de Noir by Tom Ford to get the idea.

That's pretty much it. And yes, it's delicious and I like it!

T frag
T frag

Holy moses hold your horses This is some amazing stuff...good smelling beast.. You cant get a niche frag cheaper than this who has so good Longevety

Okay so this is the first Montale review I've posted on Fragrantica and despite having tried many of them I decided to start with this one.
My initial reaction to this fragrance having no prior knowledge about notes was maybe a coffee vibe due to the name? I think many people assumed this and were maybe disappointed by the lack of coffee.
Anyway my initial thoughts were...

Intense floral opening...ROSE!!!...maybe something calming too ...like jasmine? oh then a little touch of the soft background vanilla... then after a few minutes musky/amber.

When this settles I do get a very faint coffee note and I'm not just imagining it....it's there!
At first it was a little tiny bit like cacao or chocolate (more specifically white chocolate.)
but as it dries down it's like very milky, vanillary coffee.
The drydown is really very nice and the vanilla comes to the forefront as the rose calms down, when you get a faint waft of it there's barely any rose at all. However, go in close and sniff your skin and the rose remains, a nice little trick it plays with my chemistry.
The deep dry down is a really nice Vanilla & Amber.

Do you know what? I chose this fragrance to talk about first as it really interested me I couldn't stop sniffing my arm and trying to make up my mind on it. I'm not mad on rose centric fragrances for men despite having a few myself and seemingly recent reviews have been full of roses!
This is a great fragrance for delivering on depth and putting interesting notes together that can be easily deciphered. I'm not normally a fan of what I would consider a light(as apposed to dark) rose/vanilla/musk/amber scent but I feel inclined to give this one the benefit of the doubt as I like the smell.
This being said I won't be adding it to my collection.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

This is not an unpleasant scent, but I smell no coffee after some time on my skin. Just a sweet overpowering rose comes through with the basenotes. Again, not unpleasant, but not what I was looking for. Why name a perfume, "intense coffee" and then have it not smell like coffee? Yo no entiendo. I agree with the reviewer who said this should be called "Rose Intense."

konami125
konami125

Like the scent but waaay too sweet for my liking. If it were on a woman...... I would eat her alive. lol

silverlook1
silverlook1

I don't know If any of You people smelt coffee before.. but all of You who say that it smells EXACTLY like it came out of starbucks.. are probably drinking some rose juice instead coffee.. This one is similar to Cafe Rose and Noir de Noir from Tom Ford (and he did the name justice).. I can't say that You'll be satisfied with this fragrance if You're a coffee smell lover like I am. Now, don't get me wrong, this is a beautiful fragrance. The rose note is very similar.. also to Lithium from Nu_Be. But there's not much coffee in it. It's more like coffee beans but they were poured with rose syrup. Maybe some people's noses are immune to rose note.. and all they get is the coffee note - not me though. A great fragrance but a tiny bit on the feminine side (same as Noir de Noir)

fenxx
fenxx

I got a sample of this and it's my favourite of the Montale samples i got. It's not as out there as the Oud based fragrances but it's not something you smell everyday. I got only a little coffee from this and alooooot of floral notes aswell as rose. To be honest I would rather spend the extra $$ and buy Noir de Noir which is more unisex due to the earthyness than this and smells better.

freddinos
freddinos

I feel deceived by the name Montale used for this perfume. Thank goodness for the very precise reviews here, that made me keep my expectations low on the coffee notes I anticipated from Intense Cafe. So this perfume (that in real life should be called Intense Rose) is a blend of rose and church incense on my skin. There is a faint coffee note that lasts under 1 minute in the opening, and that's it. From the second minute on, it smells exactly like a rose scented type of inscence they burn at Greek Orthodox churches and monasteries, it looks like small, white, powdered rocks of resin that are called 'thymiama'. My Greek perfumistas will know what I mean;) So if you want to smell like a Greek Orthodox Priest after Sunday Mass, go for Intense Cafe. If you are aiming for a Cafe Barista type of vibe I would recommend looking elsewhere:(

gama
gama

The only coffee in this has to be in the name. I do not detect any, perhaps it is in there but I cannot tell. Apart from that this is a nice rose scent, it is good on that account.

I was expecting to to smell like a bag of roasted coffee but alas it smells nothing like it.

sharmap14
sharmap14

I dont smell any coffee at all. Loads and loads of petals of rose ... way too feminine

mippymuppett
mippymuppett

There seem to be mixed reviews of this scent. Some lucky devils are getting Starbucks while others are getting a soft sweet rose. I happen to fall into the latter category. While this is a very beautiful scent I bought this because I was on the hunt for a coffee scent. Beginning to end this is very well done. Like others have said the projection and longevity are fantastic. The initial spray is the money maker but unfortunately it was over way too soon. What's left after the beginning? A very beautiful vanillic rose in a cloud of soft musk. Don't get me wrong, the scent is still gorgeous but Intense Cafe??? Starbucks??? Ah, No!!!

I am a huge Noir de Noir fan and on my skin they do not share a resemblance.

For straight up coffee Ava Luxe's Cafe Noir is stunning!!!

gomt
gomt

"Here's your first official chance to smell like a walkin' talkin' Starbucks", as Roge' wrote, was my first thought exactly. This smells like a sweet winter coffee with tons of rose petal jam and/or rose syrup, a large dose of milk and some whipped cream on top of it all. And I must say, I do like this indecently sweet combo.

Intense - it sure is, and lasts for hours and hours.

carlosrafael
carlosrafael

Terrific, gorgeous and delicious. This is a jewel of fragrance.

I smell rose, vanilla, amber, and oud. I've been a barista and a drinker of coffee for almost 25 years, and sadly for me, I don't smell much coffee though--by coffee I mean the smell of roasted coffee beans, which is what I was expecting. There may be just a little coffee but I think it's the combination of vanilla pods, the Tonka beans, amber, and particularly the oud what augments the illusion of a more intense coffee aroma--more like an ultra sweet latte drink than coffee per se. I think the word "Café" in IC refers to the place (eatery), not the coffee scent.

Not listed in Fragrantica is oud, but there is oud in here definitely. The oud is subdued though, very tamed and just right. You may perceive it more towards the end of the dry down. The rose scent is pronounced, dark, and smoky.

Longevity is long. Silage is high during the first hour and moderate thereafter and sustained.

My wife loved IC. She is a harsh judge of fragrances and is not impressed by fragrances such as Dior Bois D'Argent, Chanel Coromandel, Chanel Sycomore, and Terre de Hermes for example. Really!!??? Are you serious??? She thinks they are OK but not great. Come on!!! However, She was captivated by IC. That really tells you something about it. I love it too. It is a buy. 10/10

Roge'
Roge'

Here's your first official chance to smell like a walkin' talkin' Starbucks. Intense Cafe smells like it was brewed from the Espresso side of things. Although the scent is fitting for the theme, i feel the need to be a bit contrarian. How can I say this without pissing off all you Montaleans? This offering is cool but it isn't Seattle Washington Cafe' cool....catch my drift? As it starts, the rose and the coffee appear to be imaginary playmates. They never seem to be on the same playing field at the same time. At one point it's the coffee show. In another instance rose pairs with vanilla and florals. In closing, vanilla and amber mellows the intensity with a barely noticeable musky base crossing the finish line at a stellar 14 hrs.

With cafe-like fragrances on the rise, i need something unequalable, transcendent, un-"f"-wittable! Where is Intense Cafe's place on the totem pole of respect? Will it stand up and be counted or will it lay down and be mounted? It's standing.....for now.

WildDove
WildDove

OMG this is gorgeous stuff. It's really growing on me. Rose-chocolate with a hint of coffee, and lots of ambroxan. I didn't understand the ambroxan at first, but it's becoming addictive...

iam2sexy4uris
iam2sexy4uris

I bought 100 ML and after I tried it I can tell you that it has the exact smell as Mancera Roses Vanille but with a coffee note in the beginning and a bit more aoud. After wearing it 3 times I've realized that I prefer Roses Vanille.

Update: In the colder weather I love this a lot! The rose comes out most of all, it's like a sugary rose. But in the warmer weather I get more vanilla, kind of like the smell of Vanilla Scented Trash Bags. So, I would definitely recommend this during the colder days, it's truly heavenly. Now, I can't even decide if I like this more than Roses Vanille by Mancera. They are definitely about 90% identical, the only difference in them is the beginning, but after about 20 minutes they both smell the same.

lee.wok
lee.wok

I think it's meant to smell like a cafe not coffee specifically. It is very intense as the name suggest. The slightly bitter coffee note is glorious but it lasts only for minutes. The rest of the fragrance is a overwhelmingly sweet, musky rose, which isn't bad but probably not something you were looking for.

Gigis
Gigis

Got this as a sample out of curiosity since the smell of coffee is easily my favourite aroma. I was pleasantly surprised: a milky vanilla latte on a brightening rosy backdrop. Longevity is fantastic, still fresh after four hours. I wouldn't drop 100 bucks on this but if someone gifted it to me, I'd be happy to wear it from time to time. I was hoping for more of the slightly bitter fragrancy of freshly brewed black coffee but as it is, a pretty and interesting scent.

Jnn
Jnn

I am really disappointed. No coffee here for me. I smell it only for the first minute and then it's gone. All I get on my skin is rose.

steve0580
steve0580

This is Montale's version of Rochas Man or A*Men. It smells exactly like a mocha latte.

Estebanz

Also before I forget,Intense Cafe is very Unique,but if I was to compare it not to say rhat day smell the same but instead the Vibe I get from it,I will say that this is Similar to Tom Ford Noir de Noir because is very Sexy,Seductive,a real nightout Gun that will get planny of Attention and Compliments,And Drydown is creamy and Cozy like Midnight In Paris Edp,also if you like Bond No.9 Andy Warhol the one with a Oud Plum Note you are most likely gonna love Intense Cafe.

Estebanz

Let Me Start Of by saying that I usually dont write Many reviews in here,instead I have my Youtube Channel Mrzayas81 where I share my Opinions on fragrances with my Subscribers but this one as well as Amouage Lyric Man Were Two Fragrances I just couldnt help but write a review about.So Montale newest Release Intense Cafe,I discover this scent thru out My friend amd fellow Reviewer Steven (Redolessence),He was generous enough to send me a sample of it,and The Minute I smelled I was simply Amazed by this fragrance to the point that the same day I ended up purchasing a bottled From Min NY,This Fragrance Starts with Combination of Coffee and Rose,I will say that even know at the very beginning the Coffee is very pronaunce,it only takes less then 10 Minutes to calm down and get even with the Rose,along with that I get a light White Floral Undertone similar to the one in Nasomatto Pardon,the Rose and White floral Accord makes this fragrance a tru Oriental Floral and prevents this from been a Gourmand even know this is a very Sweet fragrance,without the Floral notes this will be a teu Eatable Gormand,This fragrance Goes straight to Bussiness with the Sweet vanilla join the party early to make this a sweet Mouth Watery and delicios but exotic and Intoxicaring Sweet oriental Fragrance,after rhe first two Hrs the coffee starts to go away a little by a little as well as the White floral accord and the Rose goes in the back to let the Amber and vanilla Combo with a hint of Patchouli and Oud shine for Hrs to come,At this point the fragrance smells delicious and creamy with almost a milky Quality,This stuff is amazing!!!,not only that but Longevity and Projecrion are insame good,this is one of the fragrances that i can smell easy on me with out have to look for it Hrs into the Scent,and Longevity is insame,the first rime I wear it from my Bottled,I did 4 Sprays at 4 Pm,went Sweeming at the Beach,came Home.Took a Shower,and I mean a GOOD shower,and even After all that I could Still smell it on my skin,Is that intense,yes Sr,so staying power is 12+ Hrs everytime...So Im Done Now,All I can Say is that I highly recommend This Juice.INTENSE CAFE is Absolutely Stunning.

Carestinus
Carestinus

Intense café is nice. It shares some aspects with other Montales and I'd dare to say it is somehow safer, which is not a bad thing. It is easier to wear than "monster sexy" Aoud ambre (with which it shares the amber in the drydown but here much tamer), softer than "gorgeous beyond belief" Red aoud (here also a gourmandy touch but not leathery chocky... more like chewing gum and wine-y rose).

Anyway, I could go on and on with similarities but on the whole what I see is it is definitely a Montale. Very nice for either sex (some may find it too feminine...). Great sillage and longevity. The coffee at the beginning stays on the background giving it a nice touch... it smells like instant coffee, powdery, sweet, not the strong ristretto kind. What remains pretty intense throughout is the fruity, sweet roseish chewing gum smell.

I like it... but wouldn't place it at the top of the list of Montale... a nice start though for those who don't know this fabulous brand. Thanks to theperfumeshoppe for the sample!!!

Abdulla

@Deppaholic - I find no similarities between this and New Haarlem by Bond.

NH is more gourmand where the vanilla and coffee take center stage, whereas IC is just basically a heavy concentration of musk with a dollop of velvety red rose, it isnt very different from most of Montale's musk scents, if you've tried any of them.

I agree, NH is a master piece, very hard to find something quite as enchanting.

Abdulla

The coffee note is only in the opening and then quickly disappears - 2 minutes max. The opening smells like freshly brewed espresso.

After the coffee note dissipates - the musk and rose come out. Musk is the prominent note in this one. Not very distinctive from the other Musk scents by Montale, except for the short burst of coffee at the beginning.

It does last long and it has great sillage as all Montale scents - but in my opinion, if you have already got a "musk" scent by Montale, dont waste your money on this. The unique opening does not last at all and there is no trace of it after a couple of minutes.

Some people were asking if it is similar to Cafe Rose by Tom Ford. There is no comparison between this scent and the Cafe Rose. Two completely different and distinct scents.

umtaleb
umtaleb

This one has no patchouli!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Montale Intense Cafe fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Montale Intense Cafe, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Intense Cafe by Montale. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Intense Cafe by Montale represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.