Designers » M » « Groups

Mango Manga Montale for women and men

Mango Manga Montale for women and men
dislike

tropical

After presenting Mango Manga edition in Japan 2005, this exotic sunny beauty is arriving on wider market in 2010.

Mango Manga is sweet, exotic and bathed in the sun. This cheerful juicy composition encompasses fruity energy of ripe mango fruit refreshed with sweet orange zest. A heart belongs to a floral mixture of sambac jasmine, ylang ylang and neroli, while a base is a composition of Moroccan oud, cedar, vetiver and oak moss.

Top: mango, sweet orange
Heart: jasmine Sambac, ylang ylang, neroli
Base: Moroccan oud, vetiver, cedar and oak moss

Mango Manga is a very appealing, long lasting and exotic fragrance. Available as 100ml EDP. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Montale.

Orange Mango

Jasmine Neroli Ylang-Ylang

vetyver oak moss Virginia Cedar Agarwood (Oud)

Mango Manga Fragrance Reviews

I was hoping this to be really nice tropical fragrance, but unfortunately this is not my taste at all. There is some tropical tone to it, but there's also a rotten smell to it. Way too sweet mango mixed with different woody notes is an unusual composition.
This perfume is never going to be one of my favorites.

pjd1234
pjd1234

blind bought a new full bottle here is what I get I love the opening the mango is pretty much there and is very natural smelling but that did not last the orangey mango connection disappears and the flowers comes in this becomes very feminine and soapy although the mango is still there it has been overshadowed by the flowers and that I really did not like "i want more MANGO" they should have taken the jasmine note and just put a more mango note in the middle that would have been a lot nicer in my opinion. at the base it turns slightly woodsy I find the cedar and oakmoss prominent maybe slight sweet vetiver. I don't really smell aoud at the base I was looking for it but cant really detect it the mango is all gone at this point :( at the base woodsy notes with the slight flower notes in the back round over all its an OKAY scent nothing to be hyped about. My opinion if they only a lot of the mango note it would have been very very good and not soapy. I don't really get it MANGO MANGA by its name should be more mango than flowers generally scent aims more on the feminine side as a male I think I can still pull it off good for hot weather/summer scent.

dkny27
dkny27

This scent came out with a deliciously sweet fruity mango opening... I was smitten!
Within the next half hour, the fruit was all but gone and a very soft jasmine and wood remained. It was very hard to smell on me, despite the generous splash I applied.
Hours later, I can detect a slightly warm fruit with some deeper floral background but it blends very creamy, maybe even a bit soapy.
For now, this is a pass... If the opening stayed it would've been a must have! Perhaps it will fair better in the heat of summer....

esteban747
esteban747

Starts with sweet, hypnotic mango. Ripe and juicy, in the background I detect orange. smells like a wonderful tropical cocktail.
It quickly turns dry and green with a hint of ylang-ylang. The jasmine is perceptible. Now it switched from fruity to floral, it's dense, still sweet. The oakmoss becomes more noticeable.
I smell a note similar to musk and vanilla, but that's probably because of the heavy flowers.
The wood notes slowly make their entrance but they stay in the background.
The composition manages to stay sweet for its entire lifespan.
Although this is a women and men fragrance, I feel that Mango Manga tilts towards the feminine side, even during the drydown it stays powdery and sweet. I was curious about this fragrance (even with that cheesy name)and in the end it disappointed me.
The opening is a sweet delight. The dry down smells like an old Victorian era style soap.

seekritdude
seekritdude

A sorta creamy, bubble gum, hand lotion, bubble bath smell. Smells alright, but pretty linear on my skin. I personally think this coulda used some citrus notes to make it more juicy. I see other reviews saying it is so, but on my skin its just dry and creamy. If it was just a little juicy I think I could live with it. Maybe theres just a little too much woods, or florals here.. Nothing crisp, no zest to it. Shoulda woulda coulda I guess.. Just ok for me.

lassie172
lassie172

like bubble gum. milky mango - orange coctail

Migotka
Migotka

I had quite big expectations about this scent, but it disappointed me all the way through.

First of all, I did not get any mango in here. The name is bit misleading... The scent opens as a burst of unidentified musky, sweet, floral notes. Nothing fruity or juicy, just a lot of powdered dust. Then comes a bomb of yang-yang and neroli, and woody notes. And this is how it settles. I do prefer the drydown to the first hour, it becomes less harsh and more pleasant to the nose. But the base that comes out some sort of sweet, weak sugary flower mixed with artificially coloured cotton candy, disappoints again.

It is not a good quality scent, does not smell particularly well, I could not find any appealing elements to it.

smelling_gr8
smelling_gr8

Mango Manga opens with a burst of deliscious sticky sweet juicy ripe mango, almost resembles mango bubblegum but has an underlying green/bitter note which turns down the sweetness of the scent a bit.
It reminds of a very sweet synthetic fizzy mango drink I used to love drinking as a child. The longevity is sadly not great but this scent is still yummy. I close my eyes and it transports me onto a hot carribean beach with a luscious fresh mango drink in my hand, straw hat on and feeling chilled out.
I am not sure it would actually work on a hot day but on a cold rainy day it's rather yummy.

I accidentally came across one heavily used-up dent bottle at TJ Maxx; how bizarre. The condition was a total wreck, so I did not purchase it but did try it.

In my opinion, the scent is sure sweet and heavy. I do get orange more than mango. Then powdery, almost rotten, ylang-ylang and plastic jasmine blend in. It's pretty unusual. Later here comes something a bit smokey. The scent is not particularly woody for me but just sweet orangey rotten mango and plastic flower are what I get out of this the most. It smells a little sacred and not for everyone. I think if it would smell really wonderful if it were a fresh new bottle. Maybe in the future, I will give it a second shot.

ivett
ivett

It is too sweet,too bubblegum-like,my sons told me,I smell like a souvenier-shop,where You can buy incense-sticks,little budha-statues.pink scented-erasures.
Why is it called Mango Manga,I do not know,maybe the little creatures from cartoons,that are painted on the pink-erasures,they came from Manga-stories.

atmosphere
atmosphere

Mmmm. Mango and orange zest, combined with flowers and woods. I love that this was originally marketed toward Japan, as lighter and fresher scents are most popular in Asian countries. These are the types of scents I love most, too. Can't wait to try this! I have a feeling me and Mango Manga will get along great :)

Mango Manga by Montale 3.07 out of 5 based on 115 ratings and 11 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Montale Mango Manga fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Montale Mango Manga, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Mango Manga by Montale. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Mango Manga by Montale represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.