Designers » M » Oriental Woody « Groups

Moon Aoud Montale for women and men
dislike

leather
oud

Moon Aoud by Montale is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance, Moon Aoud was launched in 2011. Top notes are saffron, rose and agarwood (oud); middle notes are vetiver, patchouli and leather; base notes are sandalwood and amber. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Montale.

Saffron Rose Agarwood (Oud)

Vetiver Patchouli Leather

Sandalwood Amber

Khaltat Al Khasa
King`s Road

Moon Aoud Fragrance Reviews

highroller
highroller

Moon Aoud by Montale: The top notes shine brightly as Rose, Saffron and Oud open this show, they perform strongly for about an hour before Rose and Saffron bow out leaving the stage to Oud with Patchouli making a grand entrance decked out in Leather and radiating Vetiver while the smoke of burning Amber and Sandalwood flood the dramatic moonlit stage.
Another very nice Oud and Rose presentation from Montale. The longevity is 4 hours, the sillage is moderate. A small travel spray of this fragrance is necessary to keep this excellent, yet mild, perfume charged all day or night.

TheMan McEssien
TheMan McEssien

I need more convincing reviews on this Oud cologne! What is the projection and longevity like? Is it worth a "blind buy"?

psebi101
psebi101

Opens with the synthetic feeling of rose/oud combo. In about two hours the woodsy notes (vetiver/sandalwood/patchouli) start rising and that feels nicer than the opening. With time, they take over the rose/oud aroma and the dry down is better. I am not noticing the leather at all. Unimpressed with this one.

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

Moon Aoud opens with an averagely decent synthetic oud note this time accompanied by a soapy-sweet-spicy variation. A floral breeze and a hint of vanilla clumsily juxtaposed to the dry, indolic and rubbery personality of oud. Plus, it soon comes in prominently also an odd, and frankly almost disturbing spicy-gourmand note of saffron with sweet, slightly almondy nuances – now place this next to the fecal-rubbery-industrial feel of oud and the totally unrelated soapy-clean accord and you get the psychedelic and fairly stinky nonsense which is Moon Aoud for its first hour. Soon after (another of Montale's signature features), half of the notes vanish and you get the exact same drydown of basically any Montale's oud – a synthetic, dark, rubbery-woody note which lasts for hours. Not a complete disaster but in my opinion dull and useless.

Goes on like a smelly cheese this fecal note will put off all but the hardest of fragrance lovers. Seriously, moon aoud has Montale written all over it and takes about 20 mins to settle in to what the fragrance is all about then a further hour or so to become palatable.
When it does however it's a delight even when that opening is still lingering slightly something bold, defiant and interesting about what is in essence...a bad smell.
It's the mixture of Oud and a raw leather accord which creates that olfactory car crash I know I should hate but can't help sniffing.
The rose explodes in the heart with a calm after the storm effect which completes takes over from the leather and Oud which take a gentler backseat...still there though.
It becomes implausibly Good in the deep dry down the smell left on my skin was deliciously woody.

rafickw
rafickw

My take on Moon Aoud as I just dabbed the fragrance on my skin 10 minutes ago, it starts with a very fecal smell and since Civet is not included in this scent, I would assume it is a leather that just came out of the tannery and ready for the factory, but still got some residue of animal smell and fecal aroma, however the "fecalness" is tamed but noticeable. I detect notes of Saffron and Rose which lift Moon Aoud out of the fecal gutter and into some type of floral,spicy and slightly woody freshness....IDK! That's the smell I am detecting, I also detect a very faint Patchouli in the background. This is a type of scent that you would have to give it time to grow on ya, As I am writing this review the scent just got more interesting and the fecal smell is fading away while giving more room for a spicy saffron and fresh rose intertwined together with hints of Patchouli. But as something I would love...not sure, I will have to test and test further.

Miss_Nicole
Miss_Nicole

Moon Aoud (in my own itty bitty humble opinion) is not as hearty, dense, mysterious, alluring and intoxicating as Black Aoud. Although one might say it smells similar (people argue some Montale's are nearly identical with ever so slight variations) Moon Aoud is quaint, more grounded and a safer option for those just dabbling into the magical world of oud (more specifically, rose/oud.)
The opening is a dainty rose coupled with saffron which adds a nice little balance of spice and an almost dry aspect to the equation. The medicinal oud chimes in but takes a back seat to the rose and saffron. It's still apparent but not potent nor predominant (which is unfortunate IMO.) Patch rolls on over with a tinge of sweetness & also adding some grit. It provides a bit of earth and creaminess. The leather note in this frag is not bitter or harsh- in fact, I would consider the leather to be a stage hand in this frag. It works behind-the-scenes and it's service seems to be to team up with the smoothness from the Patch and help tame/ ground the rose, oud (sadly) and saffron down some giving it an almost suede like texture. The vetiver (coupled with the patch) adds a few more notches of earthy greenness. The green vibe from the vetiver is a tad fresh but has more of a murky almost swampy green quality rather than a crisp, virginal one.
To me the beginning is the more boisterous layer. The heart adds depth and about 3 hours in, this composition takes a more gentle approach leaving a quiet trail of mellow rose, a tiny helping of oud( which in most of this frags life is a little too tame for my preference) some sandalwood (not the piney/sharp variation) which donates an additional factor of fluff & wood and lastly, some patch.
For me personally, I love my aoud frags to be heady, assulting and hefty. For someone intrigued with oud but is a little apprehensive/skeptical, Moon aoud is a nice selection to test out.

Projection - for about an hour projection is a peg over on the moderate scale. From that point it's a soft moderate and stays that way until it's departure.
Lasting power - 5 1/2 to 6 hours tops.
Gender - unisex. The floral in here might make some of the manliest of men squirm, but it's nicely blended and is not so heavy duty. I think smelling certain rose fragrances on a man is sexy as hell.
Overall - I do like Moon Aoud but I'm not head over heels for it. It starts out strong but as time goes on starts to dwindle down. I've read reviews where some people say the opposite so, as I always stress, take these reviews with a grain of salt and get your hands on a sample yourself.

hadassa
hadassa

A little bit of everything: slight spiciness, soft leather, roses and oud, patchouli and vetiver, which all resulted in a classy perfume.

The opening is strong and sharp, but within 15 minutes the perfume unfolds to become a tasteful, smooth, soft scent. Very neutral in a way... although being an oud perfume. 100% unisex.

Nothing original here, but it still might be the one you are looking for.

I would say, a safe oud blind buy, and especially for men.

steve0580
steve0580

Moon Aoud is a wonderful scent. This is the one that prompted my interest in Montale.

It's soft, it's relaxing and suitably named.

Normally, I'm not a big fan of leather in a fragrance but this one is an exception. It's blended so well, that you almost don't notice it. I smell a hint of saffron, a hint of aoud and a hint of rose as well. I don't smell much as far as sandalwood or amber are concerned.

As others have indicated, it doesn't have as much projection as some of the other Montale Aoud line, such as Black, Dark or Aoud Musk.

Moon Aoud still has light projection but mostly, it's closer to the skin. Longevity is 4-6 hours.

40plus&fab
40plus&fab

I was intrigued by this fragrance house so I acquired several samples. So far of the Aoud's I've tried Moon, Red, White and Leather. I find the aoud "interesting". I would not describe it as a "pretty" or "beautiful" note but when well blended or nicely camoflaged as Montale has done, I find it quite exotic, unique and lux smelling.

Moon Aoud is to my nose very masculine leaning. The opening is very leathery. Not the sweet buttery leather that I associate with very expensive stiletto leather boots and a full-length leather coat, but an oily shoe polish leather. As it dries down it become quite a bit nicer, softer, warmer and the rose peaks through ever so slightly. I don't dislike it but I prefer a different kind of leather scent.

I also find that after awhile, Montale's rose/aoud/saffron theme becoming redundant and only varying by the degree that the aoud or rose presents itself.

KeLLStar
KeLLStar

Mood Aoud is a nice perfume, definitely unisex. It reminds me a little of Joop Femme (minus the notes that make it feminine, eg the vanilla & florals). The aoud is soft & the leather is interesting. I only get a little rose & the tiniest bit of saffron. I cannot really smell much amber. I like it, but I just don't love it. It seems to be missing "something" that makes it special to me. Worth a sample, but for me, it's not going to turn into a full bottle.

Mr. CG White
Mr. CG White

I picked this up for $80 at Luckyscent around late January. I fell out of love with it awhile back but we rekindled our fire. The opening was a bit much but once settled the dry down a rose filled leathery treat! This Montale does not scream it's more of a laid back let me whisper in your ear type fragrance.

midos
midos

This is really a nice one from Montale!!
well balanced made without overwhelming of any one of the notes !so people who can not stand the strong ROSE aroma, be happy ;this one is not ! and people who like aoud but doesn't like it to be overwhelmd! this one will satisfy your wish!!! start bit sharp but smoky in a lovely way! then settle down to : smoky mix(aoud rose amber,leather)! this the secret behind it (mix of notes).. I really can't stop sniffing my wrist and shirt!! I knew now the reason behind this name(moon aoud) coz; it is really soft and calm like the moon light!
great sillage & longevity!
I am gonna add this to my collection!

mocha43
mocha43

I received a sample of this from Lucky Scent and am very pleased with is. At first application the oud comes on more insistently that the rose and saffron but within just a few minutes it developes this lush, creamy scent. Within a few more minutes the enticing blend of leather and sandlewood inserts itself into the blend. It is sophisticated, very long lasting (a good 8 or 9 hours on me)and I am definitely considering a full size bottle.

This is a fitting example of Montale's redundancy when it comes to oud. Part Black Aoud (rose/oud), part Aoud Musk/Red Aoud (saffron/amber), part Leather Aoud (leather). Moon Aoud smells great and has an incredible sillage and lasting power but it's the same old story. Is it necessary to come up every year with 2-3 new oud based composition that in the end really add nothing to what Montale has previously created with this specific note?

Another micro-variation on this overused theme and formula.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Montale Moon Aoud fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Montale Moon Aoud, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Moon Aoud by Montale. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Moon Aoud by Montale represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.