Designers » M » Oriental Woody « Groups

Orient Extreme Montale for women and men

Orient Extreme Montale for women and men
dislike

Orient Extreme by Montale is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women and men. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Montale. The fragrance features rose, sandalwood, musk, benzoin and spices.

Rose Sandalwood Musk Benzoin Spices

Orient Extreme Fragrance Reviews

DiaAnna
DiaAnna

I don't know , I sold it and now I'm sorry , I thought it's too unisex for me and gave it away . My boyfriend told me he loves it on me just when I applied one last time on my wrist before packing it for sending , like really ? regardless , it's soapy on me and clean he said , And he really doesn't care about perfumes or things like that too much , it happens only with Montale when he says something , I'll have to look for another bottle now -.- ..

theladymay
theladymay

The name is definitely confusing. If you can get past that, it's a smooth, soft, spicy, woody, resinous musk. I don't know who rated the notes that are here currently, but they must have been people who haven't actually tested the fragrance since rose is hugely in the lead at twice the weight of musk. Turn that around and it would be correct. This is not the usual Montale rose fragrance by any means - this is Montale musk. The only rose I get is a scattering of dried petals at the opening. They float past me for a brief moment and they're gone, never to return. From there it's sandalwood, benzoin, spices and above all a light, clean musk. Sillage is moderate for a short while and then it is a skin scent for hours. Having lived through the 70s where musk fragrances were loud, overused and almost always done poorly I'm not a huge fan of musk perfumes. This is the only one that I own, and of course it was purchased with the expectation of it being an oriental in the more usual Montale style. I'm going to keep it though, as it's a good fragrance for what it is. I do wonder what the person who named this was thinking. :P

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

The name led me to believe this would be a true oriental, with a lush, spicy tone and some sweetness. Not at all; it opens with a mix of dry spices, and as it develops, a slight woodiness and the powdery, soapy edge of clean musk mixes with the spices. It remains fairly linear from that point on. It is a nice fragrance, a bit different than many, and a nice mix of spices without heaviness. I reminded me a bit of Frederic Malle Noir Epices, in a dryer, less sweet way.

Naji
Naji

To begin with, the name ORIENT EXTREME, which conjures up images of masses of roses, saturated woods, incense, spices and color, is misleading.
All this fragrance offered me was a hint of bleached wood riddled with dry rot and a bitter soapiness that set my teeth on edge. I expected some element of rose. Got none. The musk smacks of synthetic. Most of my Montales spring pleasant surprises as they develop. Not this one. It seems like an afterthought where leftovers are bunged together in the hope that a palatable dish will emerge. I expected a formulation at least as complex and satisfying as SWEET ORIENTAL DREAM, perhaps a continuation of it, like a new chapter that adds meat to existing characters in a book. That it is not. I'm happy that others are finding what I could not in this fragrance, and I find myself wishing I'd not ordered this blind.

Cereza
Cereza

I loved the opening - an extremely dry and skanky rose, cold as ice and very elegant. After the first blast it became even dryer and I could swear it smelled a bit like urine on me, the sharpness and skankyness was perfect!
Unfortunately at the dry down there is too much musk for me to enjoy, it starts to smell cloying, also rose settles down to a much sweeter and spicier one and the dryness is overcome by muskyness. A pity I must say - it would be more interesting if it would have stayed as the dry and skanky queen rose from the opening, then I would seriously consider buying this, but the soapy ultra dose of musk is just not my thing.

Montale ORIENT EXTREME is a bizarre creation. It lacks most of the qualities we currently associate with oriental perfumes, above all, any source of sweetness or culinary spices. Instead, it packs a punch of dry, dry, dry wood, which smells like firewood after the fire has gone out and is no longer even smoldering. Very stern, like a plank of wood used to punish an errant child. No, this is not a warm cuddly oriental perfume. Far from it, in fact.

Still, I think that ORIENT EXTREME has its virtues. For one thing, it is very unique. The only perfumes I remember being this dry and woody are incense perfumes, but this does not smell at all like incense. It's rather like an incense perfume with charred wood instead of incense. It called to my mind one of the Chanel special edition perfumes--was it SYCOMORE?--I'll have to go check. Whichever one it was, it reminded me of a campfire. Not a seductive elixir at all, but truly thought-provoking.

That's about how I feel about ORIENT EXTREME. This is a thought-provoking composition, not very inviting in the usual way, and not at all cuddly but fascinating nonetheless. It reminds me a bit of some of the Serge Lutens creations, as a matter of fact--not in terms of the composition itself but in terms of the challenge it poses to the nose and also to one's mind. This perfume requires some patience to appreciate.

Mr. CG White
Mr. CG White

Not my favorite Montale but it's not bad. The opening reminds me of somthing an older women pushing 60 might wear but the dry down becomes very masculine and more enjoyable. I also get some kind of leather vibe in the dry down, quite nice actually but this is one Montale that I don't really need to buy.

Francouzka
Francouzka

It is true, Orient Extreme requires its time to develop, but the OE is in my opinion a beautiful scent. I find it a little bit like Lyric from Amouage.
I would say we can have OE for any occasion and we will not bother anyone. I give 5 stars or 5 balloons. Francouzka from CZ

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

To me, this is one of the most linear scents that I’ve tried in a long time. It starts out as a slightly powdery rose, and stays a powdery rose all the way through. In the end, there’s a little bit of woodiness in with the rose, but it’s not a big change. I don’t smell anything “extreme” in this, nor is it particularly “oriental”. A nice, fresh, low-key rose scent, pleasant and fairly long-lasting, but nothing to write home about.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

This is dry, woody and harsh-
I agree a bit with tackica_ns that this is a it of a cross between an oriental scent and a chypre rather than an extreme oriental scent.The sandalwood is rich, and the muskiness is superb-the rosy opening is delicious as the roses are in every Montale with a rose note that I have tried. But I applied too much, and less is more. The Benzoin here will burn your nose. I am not sure whether spraying on a Montale makes it last for as long as others say, but if I only apply a little, I can still smell it hours later, but I have to keep sniffing-I have tried other scents that continue to wear strong for longer than this does....
In any case, this is an extreme scent, whatever it is, and the end dry down is sultry and lovely....This is not my favorite, but if I had it, I would definitely wear it, it would suit some occasion! The natural ingredients and the overall smoothness and feel are unbeatable....If you love orientals you must try this--but I doubt this is the quintessential oriental...

tackica_ns
tackica_ns

More female than male perfume at the beginning and the end the masculine notes are stronger.
It is not that"extreme oriental" more kind of combination between Chypre and Oriental group.
Rose and jasmine as top notes, musk and moss in the middle and sandal woody notes in the base.
Beautiful and intense perfume that requests time, place and occasion to wear - as the most of perfume from Montale perfume house.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Montale Orient Extreme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Montale Orient Extreme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Orient Extreme by Montale. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Orient Extreme by Montale represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.