Designers » M » Floral « Groups

Powder Flowers Montale for women

Powder Flowers Montale for women
dislike

Powder Flowers by Montale is a Floral fragrance for women. The fragrance features rose, jasmine, osmanthus, cedar and tonka bean.

Rose Jasmine Osmanthus Cedar Tonka Bean

Osez-Moi!

Powder Flowers Fragrance Reviews

Majesty
Majesty

I am not sure what others see in this perfume .. To me Powdery flowers smells like an updated version of Calvin Klein's Eternity for women . Extremely powdery , chalky like talcum powder and slightly soapy. Flowers with musk in a cloud of powder .. Intensive and kind of out of the shower smell. Not really my kind of perfume.. I really dislike the bottle , cheap aluminum bottle , reminds me of hairspray .. Good lasting power and close to skin silage.

Maodo
Maodo

The nose designed the right name for this fragrance. It's really all about powder here. In a tender, cozy, comforting and feminine way. If you are a powder flower yourself, than this should be on your shelf. If you are looking for more flowers than powder, you better pass this one. I like it, but won't purchase it.

maelleinrome
maelleinrome

I absolutely love powdery fragrances, but sometimes they are too cloying, as talcum powder accidentaly puffed into your nose!!! I'm thinking about Teint de neige: I adore it, but just sprayed it make me sneeze! Tdn reminds me the skin of a baby, while Powder Flowers is the smell of a mother for me: tender yet refined, on my skin it's not baby powder, but a gently powdered rose, with a touch of osmanthus and jasmin and a vanillic drydown of tonka. The sillage and the staying power are terrific! And I'm very glad about it, because it make me feel well during all day... maybe because I'm pregnant, I think is the perfect scent for me right now :)

stitchywitch
stitchywitch

Baby powder and jasmine. Powder Flowers is all aldehydes at first, which encourages me. I'm a big fan of aldehydes. Unfortunately, and this may just be me, it never develops much personality. I get hours of powder and a little bit of jasmine. It does (like many powdery scents) have insane sillage and lasting power. Really, it's almost too much -I don't want to be smelled from across the room.

I'd recommend Chanel no.22 instead - it has many of the same notes, but the addition of incense gives the scent more depth.

red347
red347

What a wonderful fragrance! I can't go on and on about how it smells like this or that, all I can say is that I am really enjoying this!

I am a complete sucker for powdery classics and this fits right in. It's kinda hard to describe, powdery but not baby powder, sweet but not candy sweet.

There may be some cheaper alternatives to this, but as for me, I'll stick to what works!

Moderate sillage, and lasts and lasts on me.

mutmiu
mutmiu

Powder Flowers is the little sister of Teint de Neige, but it's not as overwhelming and cloying as that one. Opens with floral notes - mainly rose, then warms up on the skin, and becomes softer and powdery. There's a slight underlying bitterness, maybe because of the smokey cedar, that prevents it being a banal, sweet baby powder scent. The drydown is a warm, powdery vanilla, cuddly, classy, comforting. It's a perfect enveloping, soft cozy fragrance for cold weather.

Naji
Naji

How could such beautiful flowers go so wrong? Rose, jasmine, osmanthus... Technically, NO ONE should be able to mess up these notes. And why tonka???? Utter ruination of what could've been delightful. Initial burst is rather pleasing delivering the promised powder. The rest spirals towards headache, nausea and a mad rush towards the wash basin. Massive sillage, but lasting power mediocre, thank God! The house of Montale is consistently disappointing me these days with its lack of inspiration. No more Montales for me, especially blind buys. And I'm still nursing that headache.
Rose, jasmine and Oudh seekers, knock at the door of MANCERA. You won't be sorry.

Dominic80
Dominic80

You might as well love it, because it is powdery, and very much so, thank God, it is a dreamy experience of delicately nuanced powder, of almost intimate thoughts and sensations, but, always of so highly classy, and, truly unique sensual proportions! I will never understand why so many ladies seem to be so resilient to "powdery scents"! Almost calling "powdery" something offensive! Why?
Some old powdered scents could be, however there's a whole cult for those, as well, and, it always depends on someone's perceptions and sense and sensibility, i guess, but, if a scent is strongly powdery yet as classy as this one certainly is, as well, for me, this becomes not just an unique and beautiful gift, but, somewhat the epitome of a dreamy romantic woman, a bit fragile and pensive, a bit sexy and probably madly in love,and,tired of being just how a woman should be these days.. But, very much like Marilyn Monroe in some of those wonderful late portraits by Bert Stern, who still today bring her back to life and flesh, showcasing her vibrant and unequal beauty without or close to no make up, extremely thinner, a bit tense, maybe, but so radiant, and, so abandoned in front of the camera, almost as a sincerely troubled young lady, who yet happens to radiate that lovely, luminous and silvery light, as the real icon she was, immortalized simply as herself, a woman, that is, with her troubles, and, weakness, her desire of protection, her uncertanties, but, also her strength, and, pride so clearly present in those radiant images capable of almost hiding a mysterious secret, behind her fragile, and, unique, child-a-like smile, and, profound glare. A woman and a movie star who had learned a secret, that to me is key to feminine: she is in fact allowing herself to feel, she is just forgetting all of her power, since she has it, and, she doesn't need to try even that hard anymore, she is free to allow herself to be fragile, and, vulnerable, almost moving, while, at the same time she is just as beautiful as she's ever been, and as she will never ever be again, and.. without maybe even knowing so!
That is exactly what this wonderful fragrance brings back to my mind: the almost Goddess-a-like power of that fine real class so inimitable and unique.. yes, Marilyn could even show true emotions, and, yet allow her vulnerability to become.. sensuality! And this scent, with its savvily nuanced, tender, passionate, yet, soft, and, amazingly talc-a-like comforting moments can do almost as much! Unforgettable!

Christinasegal123
Christinasegal123

Well you know if its powdery I am going to just love it! When I first sprayed it and came down the stairs my husband said did you just put baby powder on? Yes I agree at first that is what I get but it transitions from a baby rather quickly to an adolescent with its sweetness which I attributle to the tonka. Now as it dries down its reaches adulthood with the balmyness of rose and jasmine. Its rather rich and creamy at this stage!!!! I was lucky to receive this beauty through a swap from a wonderful person here on Fragrantica. If I hadn't I most definitely would have purchased it on my own.

noisome
noisome

This is excellent. It's not baby powder like Teint de Neige or Talco Delicato, but a grown up powder done in grand belle epoque style. Similar to Profumum Soavissima but less powdery and easier to wear. Soavissima is almost a caricature of a powdery scent. Montale's is P~E~R~F~E~C~T.

DomizianoA
DomizianoA

I cannot believe all these mediocre reviews from silly fanatic's (Sorry, but, Loukhoum is sublime, divine, and, i don't even know what you are talking about, lady! Unless, sadly you are very bitter and can't stand some love!) C'mon!
This is nothing like a sugar free Loukhoum, whatever that means, anyways, it's just a wonderful fragrance that stands on its own, and, with great glamor! Precious, complicated, enigmatic, so sexy... it bites a man for hours: and, i mean, if you were happening to just smell it over the lady you're dining with! And then, I am pretty sure even many guys may wanna buy some for themselves, as i did, since it is quite addicting!
And again: yes, this is so wonderfully complex and right down sexy, and, in fact, it is very powdery! OMG! What's wrong with it, dames? Again, this is such nonsense! Your great grandmothers owed way more sensuality than many of you, then! I understand everyone's got her/his own taste, and, hey, to each his/her own, right, so, do yourself a favor, and, next time, would you just please say something like "I am sorry, but i don't care for powdery/cyphre fragrances?" Thank you very much!
Or, best, and, most of all, if that was truly the case, then just please don't review them, since, you obviously either don't really like them, or worse, you are just.. afraid of them!
Believe me, if that was the defining matter of this tedious stigma's over the term "powdery", you'd be doing such a disservice to yourself,again, thinking maybe, who knows, to be what, instead? A proud nun? A moral icon? Or, maybe just so modern, and, so savvy? And what those ladies would or should like, then? Only extremely light and "fresh" maybe citrusy frangrances?? No. There's no such thing! And, Thank God, there's a lot more... European women do know.. normally! However, there are exception's!
Classic traditions are just classic! And, so a class act!
However, by thrashing such privileged experiences, you are indeed committing a real sin! And, believe me, you finally all come across very far from savvy actually, i would just doubt whether you'd be even merely, simply "educated"!
The only definition, amongo all this bunch of mostly nonsense, i may agree somewhat with, just comes from "Lucifera", who ruins it, however, immediately right after, by saying "she regrets buying it!". Uhm.. Now, that's not classy! It is not real necessary for you to say such things! But,at least.. she said something a bit clever than most, and, that would be: "Powder Flowers by Montale could even be an empowered, maybe, even improved version.." of the oustanding perfection of Chanel # 5! Now, that's something! And, then, maybe, a real lady like Marilyn Monroe, who truly knew a thing or two, about men, feminine sensuality and introspection, I am sure could tell me the difference,or how she'd feel about such statement! WOW, man, wouldn't I be, all ears! Haha lol

Unsweetened loukhoum may sound like a contradiction in terms, I am well aware, but it dawned on me this evening that that is precisely what Montale POWDER FLOWERS smells like to me. Not artificially sweetened loukhoum, with sucralose or nutrasweet or saccharine or cyclamates--no, that would be repulsive. Nor even lightly sweetened, "low sugar" loukhoum. No, to my nose, POWDER FLOWERS is the result which one would achieve if sugar were omitted altogether from the recipe.

Powdery, lightly flowery, with rose petals dusted with something pulverized and white but no sugar added whatsoever. I love this scent. It used to remind me of Charles Brosseau L'OMBRE ROSE, and I suppose that it still does vaguely during part of its life. The powdery aspect is very calming, and the composition is rich and airy at the same time. The alkaloid quality which makes loukhoum perfumes addictive to me is present here, but the super-sweetness is utterly absent. Tonka bean is listed among the notes of POWDER FLOWERS, but this is not sweet at all to my nose.

I generally drink beverages such as coffee and tea without sugar. I may add cream to coffee or a stout Assam tea, but I would not add sugar. I may add lemon to certain varieties of tea, and especially when it is iced, but I do not add sugar. In this case, too, I find the powdery flowers (and, yes, this perfume is well named!) to be even more appealing without than with the sugar added. I have to be in a very particular mood to be able to wear a sweet loukhoum perfume, but POWDER FLOWERS is an all-occasion scent and one of the more feminine offerings from the house of Montale. There is no oud within three thousand miles of this perfume!

Cereza
Cereza

This is terrible on me, all I get from the start is a huge cloying mess of tonka bean, cedar and osmanthus. It is extremely sweet, powdery and unfortunately terrible for me as it induces headache.
It has a monster silage and it lasts all day (unfortunately for me).

Give this a try if you love tonka bean as it clearly dominates "the parade" and overpowers every other note. As for me - totally not working.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

Indeed, powdery flowers, for half an hour or so, and very lovely, but after that the tonka bean creeps in. In my opinion tonka bean just does not "go" with the other ingredients, and that jarring note spoils it completely. Take out the tonka, and I would consider buying it for its delicate prettiness.

bhean_sidhe
bhean_sidhe

The name is a bit of a misnomer. Lots of powder and no flowers at all. I don't even feel like I'm wearing a perfume, more like I'm covered in powder head to toes.
Weird, but somewhat pleasant.

alyaa
alyaa

I havent come across osmanthus before but from what I read, it could be that peachy note mixed with the rose that I detect when I first spray this. After an hour or so, this starts to become powdery retaining the floral notes and stays that way for another 8 hours or until I had washed it off. This is a lovely perfume and very longlasting but medium sillage at first and then becomes more of a skin scent.

lucifera
lucifera

improved chanel nr5 on me, veery soapy..regret i bought it :(

Goldfinch
Goldfinch

I have a very nice body oil from Dauget. On me Powder Flowers has almost the same 'dry flower bouquet' scent with same (low-medium) sillage and lasting power. I like this scent but I don't think I will ever buy a full bottle, because I can buy this oil for less money.

adrienn99
adrienn99

this one smells like flower-marzipan on my skin :)

other times it smells like play-dough or fragranced children's eraser :)

Maki
Maki

Finally found a shop here in the Netherlands where they sell Montale. Got me a sample of Powder Flowers...

To me it smells like L'Heure Bleue's 'leftovers'...it's what you'll smell in the morning after wearing L'Heure Bleue the day before, when it's beautyful top- and middle notes has fainted.

Not bad, but after smelling L'Heure Bleue, not worth the money in my opinion

Powder Flowers by Montale 3.79 out of 5 based on 91 ratings and 20 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Montale Powder Flowers fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Montale Powder Flowers, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Powder Flowers by Montale. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Powder Flowers by Montale represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.