Designers » M » Floral Fruity « Groups

Soleil de Capri Montale for women and men

Soleil de Capri Montale for women and men
dislike

Soleil de Capri by Montale is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women and men. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Montale. Top notes are grapefruit, kumquat and citruses; middle note is white flowers; base notes are musk and spices.

Grapefruit Kumquat Citruses

White Flowers

Musk Spices

Bahiana

Soleil de Capri Fragrance Reviews

rosembloom
rosembloom

This one surely passes the test as far as citrus-based fragrances. But a Montale? I would not have though! Neither would I have thought it smelled like Dolce & G. Light Blue but I did not smell it out of the bottle , having sprayed my wrist first. ( in the bottle I definitely get the similarities: acquatic, ozonic, fresh, zesty and summery). On my skin I too got a slightly roasted note with a leathery component. But it is not a bad thinkg on me at all.. It turned out to smell Wonderful! Yes, the qumkwat and grapefruit sure give it a zesty, mouthwatering charm but what wafts off my writst has now turned ( drydown) into a musky, vanillic semi-gourmand. I smell meringues. Call me 'the gourmie folly' but I do think of this one as beachy because of how it starts off fresh then becomes ambery and sweet. From salty blue waters to grenadine daikiris and a slight vanilla emanating from tannning lotion.... Capri: here I come... I do love it... buuuut.... it does not last on me. This is very rare, since every Montale perfume I have tried has monster sillage and longevity. True this one is aquatic and those notes do fleet quickly on my skin. P.S.: this one reminds me much of Hot by Beneton, I Love Her Cavali with Amber Romance by Victoria Secret mist in the background ... very lovely while it lasts, sweet but far from cloying, ever evolving and mezmerising by its complex evolution ( on my skin) and simply delicious. Since the fruitiness becomes so vanillic, I get none of those spoilt whiffs Thank God.. But as it dries down, I get a Guess meets IN2u by C.Klein fragrance lingering soflty like a warm breeze from Capri. ♥

Inessa66613
Inessa66613

Light blue by d&g, truly similar.

Sandra2
Sandra2

On one hand I have Soleil de Capri and on the other I sprayed Midnight Rain from La Prairie. On my skin it's almost impossible to tell them apart. Maybe, just maybe is Midnight Rain a bit stronger or sweeter. I adore Midnight Rain, so I could say that Soleil from Montale is a perfume worth buying.

Encici
Encici

perfect blue scent for me. It reminds me to light blue from D&G indeed, but more creamy and floral. Longivity is great and perfect for summertime.

kimberlylizkennedy
kimberlylizkennedy

Very similar to Light Blue by Dolce and Gabbana. But a little brighter and less lemony.

esteban747
esteban747

Kumquat, flowers and some spices.
It's more floral than citrus and yet the kumquat and grapefruit are there.
It's nice but it feels as if the citrus and the flowers are clashing constantly as to see which one will be the dominant.

I don't know if the name "Capri" sits well on this fragrance. Something in this composition gives me a "mature" type of vibe.

I was expecting something light, more airy and citrus.

Jwaks
Jwaks

Maison Francis Kurkdjian snuck a 'test batch' of Acqua Universalis Forte into Montale's line-up. Sumptuous and slightly creamy white flowers and gentle yellow citrus provide a bright and uplifting opening. And.... and....it takes us down a straight and narrow road remaining quite linear with just a touch of spice and clean white musk in the drydown. I agree with Cake n' Cuddles, the citrus needs some sparkle to make this truly interesting. Soleil de Capri is just flirty enough to be loveable yet stops short at 'like.'

Score for a guy 5/10 for a woman 6.5/10
Projection and sillage are good, longevity is great, higher score given for women because the white florals make this traditionally feminine versus masculine.

dinaia
dinaia

Very fresh, citric, unisex fragrance, but perfect for hot weather or working out as it gives a refreshing, energetic vibe without getting too sour or unpleasant. I especially like it for summer.

MonaThorbourne
MonaThorbourne

This is just my personal opinion. Not meant to offend anyone, as we all have different "skin type" when it comes to fragrances. This smells like rotten fruit on me.

mary jane
mary jane

Strangely and totally unexpectedly my most complimented perfume along with Hermes eau de Merveilles! Has something smoky that makes it really sensual!

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

Just tried a sample of this directly from Montale. It is very fresh and clean smelling. I can't tell one note from the other. Basically, it's very pretty and nice. Unique also and long lasting. I'm sure there will be many loving this fragrance, if they give it a try. Citrus and floral sums it up pretty much. Summertime fragrance for sure. Too floral for me.

This citrusy fragrance reminds Light Blue by Dolce&Gabbana a lot, only Light Blue is much more interesting.

Nothing special(

When I first tried this on paper I was really amazed by its freshness, it was kinda unique to me, and it's not easy when you talk about fresh scents. It reminded me of fresh tomatoes with oilve-oil on a sun-roof in the Capri bay, really. It was totally evocating, but then I decided to try it on my skin and what came out was an orrible "lemon-cake-just-took-out-from-the-hoven" that was really unaffordable. Sweet toasted candies, warm and sticky. No Way!

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

At first, I sensed citruses, spices, and tea, but after a while, the sharpness of the scent got to me, and I had to wash it off. Honestly, it reminds me of Vivienne Westwood - Libertine without the leather note. Maybe I prefer Libertine because of the leather.

This one has amazing longevity. I scrubbed it off with soap and hot water, and it's still on my wrist, emerging from beneath another fragrance I used to try to cover it up!

Antea13
Antea13

Similar to Light blue D&G.

mocha43
mocha43

I have a sample of this and love it. It smells like very freshly brewed tea that has been iced. Although that is not in it's notes, that is what it smells like to me. Very invigourating and long lasting.

SandraS
SandraS

This one strays a bit from the Montale line.

Its very fresh and you could not identify it as a Montale without seeing the label.

You can use it in summertime on its own, or you can combine it with other Montale fragrance to make it lighter and fresher. With my beloved Red Auod for instance, its makes it more wearable for office use.

Soleil de Capri by Montale 3.93 out of 5 based on 107 ratings and 17 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Montale Soleil de Capri fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Montale Soleil de Capri, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Soleil de Capri by Montale. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Soleil de Capri by Montale represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.