Designers » M » Floral Fruity « Groups

Soleil de Capri Montale for women and men

Soleil de Capri Montale for women and men
dislike

Soleil de Capri Montale for women and men Pictures

Soleil de Capri by Montale is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women and men. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Montale. Top notes are grapefruit, kumquat and citruses; middle note is white flowers; base notes are musk and spices.

Grapefruit Kumquat Citruses

Secret Wish

Soleil de Capri Fragrance Reviews

Baseeta
Baseeta

I love how the sourish grapefruit and kumquat keep this from being too sweet, the white flowers keep it fresh, and the musk and spice give it just a bit of grounding and mystery. I really don't get the haters for this one.

DR521
DR521

There are so many bad reviews for Montales, but I kind of take them with a grain of salt. There are fakes out there, and its true that some Montales these days are thinner and simpler in the dry down than they used to be. I like them because they are easy to decipher and often smell good, for a long time. And if you care to explore, they have their charms. This one starts out with a bit of a salon shampoo/ expensive hair product smell that blooms into mimosa with a feel of honey, pollen, and something a little bit green. Close up it reminds me of the smell of little yellow wildflowers in the summertime, maybe marigolds too. This is created via the citruses so it may be skin chemistry dependent. It's really quite a remarkable scent although within five hours I can no longer smell it.

It's a pleasant smell in the 88 degree Los Angeles heat. I would wear it if I owned it.

NataliaChudo
NataliaChudo

Unusually boring and plain for Montale. I expected some powerful bitter citruis blended with intoxicating white flowers on kick-butt animalistic musk base. Instead we have a well-made scent for summer that does not bother you, pleases you but upon finishing a bottle you would not even remember its name. Usual, normal. Probably is appealing to many wearers. I do not see it as a unisex. I have 20 ml and it probably will last me for ages due to seldom use.

ChrisSmellsGood
ChrisSmellsGood

Smells like a slightly more spicy version of Lalique White. However, the quality is much better. Lalique White gives me a headache and it does this weird thing where you smell it one minute, then you cant smell it for a while, and then you suddenly get whifs of it again. Soleil de Capri gave me a similar fragrance that I enjoy, but without the headache and weird behavior.

Also, for what its worth, I wore this tonight and received a compliment from a friend of mine who is IMPOSSIBLE to please when it comes to fragrances. He flat out tells me he hates ALL of my colognes....all 30ish of them, which I have worn at different points in time when hanging out with him. Tonight he got in my car and said "mmm, it smells nice in here. Is that a cologne"? So, considering this, it improved my liking for this fragrance, since it smelled nice to someone who hates everything else I own.

This fragrance is the PERFECT amount of citrus and the top notes last a very long time. Its almost a spicy lemon/lime scent. Its a great play it safe, people pleaser for summer.

This is amazingly good, I love it. Reminds me of D&G's Light Blue, the new edition of Light Blue, Love in Capri and Kenzo's Jeune Yellow.
All the good things.
It's citrusy and white floral in a modest lemonade or lemon candy kind of way.
So fresh and nice, I really like to think of warm weather and sunny beach, when I smell it.
This is my most favorite scent by Montale.
It's just perfection! A new one for my wish list.

shushkin
shushkin

A nice non zingy sweet citrusy summer fragrance. I do love citrus fragrances but they do need a bit of pep. This a sweet dumbed down citrus. You wouldnt feel refreshed if you spritzed this on. Moderate sillage and longevity which isnt bad for a citrus dominated fragrances.

elena.kurlaviciute
elena.kurlaviciute

Fantastic! Could eat it ;)

Vlud
Vlud

I find this a very inspiring fragrance and the name suits to it perfectly. It's very floral and fruity... a summer sunset in a bottle. An unusual creation by Montale, but a solid one. A good choice for the summer.

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

This starts pretty nice with some bright lemony citrus and a touch of mandarin-sweetness but then an odd buttery-creamy note appears that imo turns me off,, as delicious as the description may sound!

But if you think about it, butter and citrus (lemon/orange) fruits + savoury butter is a pretty odd mix. I think just adding a bold vanilla instead, or a rich amber would have added more more richness and better complimented the fragrance. It's also much lacking without any sort of woodsy addition,,

I think also; maybe Lily of the Valley would have been a much more appropriate floral, both clean, rich yet 'fresh transparent' airy.

In the end it's a soft, fruity buttery musk that first appears a nice idea but sadly could have been much better if a few standard ingredients like woods and vanilla were used instead bcasue the initial lemony/organey brightness is very pleasing but unbalanced with the 'wrong' richness of florals instead of more fitting 'desserty' vanilla.

For comparison, Creed's Jardin d'Amalfi is a better done option by some way, if much,, much pricier, so I'm unsure which one to recommend here!

Scent: 5/10.
Quality: 8/10.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

A terrible citrus-fruity candy, as much realistic and intriguing as a chewing gum, with (synthetic) pungent green notes and a milky base of white flowers and musk ketones. Clumsy, cheap and sickening.

Sandra2
Sandra2

On one hand I have Soleil de Capri and on the other I sprayed Midnight Rain from La Prairie. On my skin it's almost impossible to tell them apart. Maybe, just maybe is Midnight Rain a bit stronger or sweeter. I adore Midnight Rain, so I could say that Soleil from Montale is a perfume worth buying.

Encici
Encici

perfect blue scent for me. It reminds me to light blue from D&G indeed, but more creamy and floral. Longivity is great and perfect for summertime.

kimberlylizkennedy
kimberlylizkennedy

Very similar to Light Blue by Dolce and Gabbana. But a little brighter and less lemony.

esteban747
esteban747

Kumquat, flowers and some spices.
It's more floral than citrus and yet the kumquat and grapefruit are there.
It's nice but it feels as if the citrus and the flowers are clashing constantly as to see which one will be the dominant.

I don't know if the name "Capri" sits well on this fragrance. Something in this composition gives me a "mature" type of vibe.

I was expecting something light, more airy and citrus.

Jwaks
Jwaks

Maison Francis Kurkdjian snuck a 'test batch' of Acqua Universalis Forte into Montale's line-up. Sumptuous and slightly creamy white flowers and gentle yellow citrus provide a bright and uplifting opening. And.... and....it takes us down a straight and narrow road remaining quite linear with just a touch of spice and clean white musk in the drydown. I agree with Cake n' Cuddles, the citrus needs some sparkle to make this truly interesting. Soleil de Capri is just flirty enough to be loveable yet stops short at 'like.'

Score for a guy 5/10 for a woman 6.5/10
Projection and sillage are good, longevity is great, higher score given for women because the white florals make this traditionally feminine versus masculine.

dinaia
dinaia

Very fresh, citric, unisex fragrance, but perfect for hot weather or working out as it gives a refreshing, energetic vibe without getting too sour or unpleasant. I especially like it for summer.

mary jane
mary jane

Strangely and totally unexpectedly my most complimented perfume along with Hermes eau de Merveilles! Has something smoky that makes it really sensual!

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

Just tried a sample of this directly from Montale. It is very fresh and clean smelling. I can't tell one note from the other. Basically, it's very pretty and nice. Unique also and long lasting. I'm sure there will be many loving this fragrance, if they give it a try. Citrus and floral sums it up pretty much. Summertime fragrance for sure. Too floral for me.

This citrusy fragrance reminds Light Blue by Dolce&Gabbana a lot, only Light Blue is much more interesting.

Nothing special(

When I first tried this on paper I was really amazed by its freshness, it was kinda unique to me, and it's not easy when you talk about fresh scents. It reminded me of fresh tomatoes with oilve-oil on a sun-roof in the Capri bay, really. It was totally evocating, but then I decided to try it on my skin and what came out was an orrible "lemon-cake-just-took-out-from-the-hoven" that was really unaffordable. Sweet toasted candies, warm and sticky. No Way!

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

At first, I sensed citruses, spices, and tea, but after a while, the sharpness of the scent got to me, and I had to wash it off. Honestly, it reminds me of Vivienne Westwood - Libertine without the leather note. Maybe I prefer Libertine because of the leather.

This one has amazing longevity. I scrubbed it off with soap and hot water, and it's still on my wrist, emerging from beneath another fragrance I used to try to cover it up!

Antea13
Antea13

Similar to Light blue D&G.

mocha43
mocha43

I have a sample of this and love it. It smells like very freshly brewed tea that has been iced. Although that is not in it's notes, that is what it smells like to me. Very invigourating and long lasting.

SandraS
SandraS

This one strays a bit from the Montale line.

Its very fresh and you could not identify it as a Montale without seeing the label.

You can use it in summertime on its own, or you can combine it with other Montale fragrance to make it lighter and fresher. With my beloved Red Auod for instance, its makes it more wearable for office use.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Montale Soleil de Capri fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Montale Soleil de Capri, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Soleil de Capri by Montale. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Soleil de Capri by Montale represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.