Designers » M » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Vanille Absolu Montale for women

Vanille Absolu Montale for women
dislike

cinnamon

Vanille Absolu by Montale is a Oriental Vanilla fragrance for women. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Montale. The fragrance features vanilla, cinnamon, cloves and woodsy notes.

Vanilla Cinnamon Cloves Woodsy Notes

Les Orientaux: Vanille
Vanitas
Vaniglia del Madagascar

Vanille Absolu Fragrance Reviews

seekritdude
seekritdude

Boy this thing blasts off my skin, and has ridiculous longevity. I know some people say they only get vanilla period. But I do get the woodys notes, with clove. However nothing with the cinnamon for me personally. That being said this does give it a sorta chocolate feel. But it smells good... But it also has a sorta.. after taste that stings my nostrils, its good coming in but can be off putting coming out. Something that smells good from far away, but it was hard for me to bury my nose in this to really fully enjoy it myself and relax. Its just, to strong. I cant think of any other fragrance that I actually like that ive actually had to wash off. It just became to much for me. Maybe its because its so powerful, or maybe its because of that after taste of it coming out but man... I couldnt get through a whole day of it.

No idea how long it lasts for sure, but I can say I had to thoroughly scrub it off my arm to try to get it off. And there were still hints of it left. lol

Nirhtuc
Nirhtuc

Smells more like vanilla chocolate than vanilla. It's super sweet- much too sweet for my liking, and quite synthetic-smelling too. I'm a huge vanilla fan, but this is just not my kind of vanilla. I will have to go with 'dislike', unfortunately.

StopHammertime
StopHammertime

I LOVE the way this smells. A nice, 'light' feeling vanilla, candyfloss style, that even though it sounds like it should be worn by teenagers, is perfect for someone in their 20's-30's. I do get the slightly spicy vibe to it, but its a sweet spicy... cinnamon-sugar-y. Like a cinnamon sugar soft pretzel. The opening is a little plasticy, but this is ONLY the initial spray - 10 seconds later it settles into the rest of the fragrance, which I do find to be pretty linear.
Unfortunately the sillage is horrible on me, I can spray this heavily head to toe and still have it barely radiating within a foot of my person. The longevity is decent, maybe 2 hours with the aforementioned sillage, after that it will last another 2-3 hours but it is VERY close to the skin. I love this perfume but don't know that I would purchase it again just because of the sillage, I like powerhouse gourmands that radiate an arms length+ and last at least 4 hours, which you aren't getting here. But, if you like something soft and sweet that wears close to the skin, this might be your new signature.

This stunned me! Amazing gourmand, so insanely sweet but I for one could never get sick of that smell. It's reigned in perfectly being a little dark, this is what vanilla should be about eg: A naughty, tasty gourmand experience.
Nothing weird or spicy or like sniffing vanilla essence or anything of that sort.
I can't tell what the contributing factors are in this scent apparently cloves and cinnamon? Well I don't know if I get that maybe a hint which changes the character and makes it smell exactly like vanilla wafers. This fragrance is so delicious, so delightful I want it... right away!
I think it's the woodiness of it too... it's dense and incredibly long lasting on my skin but very soft at the same time. This is one to wear in bed with your lover and guaranteed they will adore this level of edibility!
THIS SMELLS DIVINE!!! Sweet tooth well and truly satisfied!

Update: I've been struggling to decide between This, Chocolate Greedy and Intense Cafe. I had a sample of this left over and after being thoroughly convinced of it's charms myself I had my girlfriend wear it the other day. Wow!!! We went shopping and I was floating around in her sillage trail on cloud nine and so were others in transpired.
My girlfriend walked past a young couple with a baby and I stayed as I was looking at something on a shelf near them. The young lady with the baby then exclaimed to her husband..."MMMMMMMMM Can you smell that? ...I just got a really strong smell of vanilla cookies! Can you smell that? where's it coming from....it's amazing!"
My girlfriend couldn't hear as she'd walked off but her trail still lingered and was causing a real stir for this woman. As she said it I looked up...and she smiled I think she thought it was me because I'd heard her and had a knowing grin on my face. This is just another occasion where one of these gourmand Montale's has had this exact effect. Brilliant!!!! I'll probably buy this for my girl and I'll have Chocolate greedy.

tiffingirl
tiffingirl

Love this! It reminds me of Indult Tihota. It is a very true and pure vanilla, I don't detect much else, despite Cinnamon and Clove being listed as topnotes. It lasts for a long time and it must have good sillage because people stop and ask what lovely scent I am wearing. I love the way it can add body and sweetness to other scents, it is great for layering.

Germany
Germany

This is like chocolate greedy minus the chocolate, its vanilla at its best. Pure vanilla with a slight hint if cloves and cinnamon. Very realistic, sweet, thick and super long lasting. It fills a room, like most Montale fragrances. When I spray it my husband says it smells like Cotten candy. My kids like it as well, I personally find it a little boring as it smells mainly just vanilla. I prefer chocolate greedy because of the chocolate, it is however quite a nice fragrance. Suitable for winter and casual wear.

Jwaks
Jwaks

amazingly sweet cotton candy vanilla on a bed of musk and wood and hints of baking spice. Smells like a cheap very youthful vanilla from bath and body works. Competoir sud pacifique vanilla extreme is a less expensive alternative, albeit with less projection and sillage verus this montale.

suzrwin
suzrwin

Like others have said, this is vanilla cotton candy. Very sweet. With the vast number of gorgeous vanilla perfumes out there, why would I want to smell like this? Answer: I don't.

Not exciting vanilla. Rather gourmand made of sugar than real. Reminds the dry-down of Sweet Oriental Dream by Montale. The same sugar scent. I'm not impressed. Sickly sweet, but the lasting power is good as usual by Montale.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

Just occasionally I try a vanilla perfume. I am looking for a deep, rich, vanilla smell like a vanilla pod or a bottle of vanilla extract (not essence). I hoped the Montale might be it, but instead I am left with yet another synthetic, sugary sweet cake-mix vanilla. I can't smell any of the other notes. The search continues.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

How could I forget to review this one?

This is my first Montale. I intentionally avoided the ouds in the line. Those have been reviewed to death. My goal with Montale is to try to find some of the lesser-known fragrances in the line. I feel the way about fragrance brands as I feel about rock bands: their hits alone should not dictate one's opinion of them.

So how do I like Vanille Absolu? Let me say this - I was looking for vanilla, pure vanilla, and the fragrance really surprised me. There's definitely a strong vanilla note, but there's also ethyl maltol. High, high grade ethyl maltol, if this aroma chemical can be graded (and I suspect of course there's three or four chemicals at work here) - it smells several cuts above teeny-bopper mall sugar. This results in a very strong candyfloss effect, and you know what? I love candyfloss (cotton candy). And I like how it smells - how it really smells, not how most of the cheaper designer feminines interpret it. Vanille Absolu really, truly captures that smell. I know it's a little "young" for me, and maybe a little feminine, but I think this smells pleasant. As it dries down further, the sweetness burns off and there's a purer vanilla note, very rich and almost bourbon-like. Very nice.

kimberlylizkennedy
kimberlylizkennedy

A true vanilla, with no detection of cinnamon or clove.

Several reviewers have compared Montale Vanille Absolu to Molinard Vanille, and with good reason. This is definitely a composition in that same style, and I'd say also similar to some of the Laurence Dumont Les Senteurs Gourmandes vanilla perfumes. If you like the Molinard, you'll like the Montale, that's almost a guarantee, which raises the question why you would buy the Montale, given the radical disparity in price.

I'd advise vanilla lovers to look into the Molinard and the Laurence Dumont collection and save your big Montale bucks for something from the rose-oud line-up. I like Vanille Absolu, but it's not as complex and interesting as, say, L'Artisan Parfumeur Vanille Absolument, the similarity of the names notwithstanding. To me, Vanille Absolu is a very simple vanilla extract-type scent, which can be had for a fraction of the price from Molinard or Laurence Dumont.

This is a perfectly worthy vanilla solinote, but nothing that I would ever purchase at MSRP.

dbrii24
dbrii24

This smells nice but it's way too sweet for my tastes. I was expecting less of a gourmand fragrance with this one but that's not the case here. I literally felt my tooth react to the sweetness as I inhaled it for the first time. Upon initial application I get pure vanilla extract with a sweet cooling effect. This vanilla is actually cold. It's chilling and it reminds me of cotton candy. As the scent develops the intense sweetness mellows and cinnamon blossoms creating a soft spicy vanilla fragrance. Nice, but next!

mpbrown
mpbrown

I really love this vanilla. On me it smells really beautiful - warm, spicy, dry, woody. The cinnamon really stands out and the clove is not medicinal at all. I like it a lot but it doesn't have a lot of sillage - I can't smell it very well unless I put my wrist to my nose. Very soft. It's good that I have a nice sample, but there are other vanilla-based fragrances that have more oomph that I would choose to wear more often.

antfarm
antfarm

Super interesting: this is the only depressing vanilla I have ever encountered. It smells neglected, like it has a musty layer of dust in the beginning. Instead of turning me off, I actually like this kind of olfactory challenge.

The cloves combine with the vanilla to make it smell like a jar of vanilla pods that has been forgotten in a cabinet for several years. However, after a while this stage fades and it just smells like a simple vanilla scent that is neither too sweet nor too synthetic.

RosaMilena
RosaMilena

This is a smoky, deep, powerful, bittersweet vanilla. The opening and core is a traditional, rich bourbon vanilla similar to a quality extract used in fine cooking.

But this extract is wrapped in layers of very dark and smoky woods, burning with sizzling edges of spice. The spice is restrained and is only apparent as a complex supportive enhancement to the rich vanillic core.

The woods here are very prevalent and envelop everything in wisps of smoke like the warmth of very slowly burning charcoal bits surrounding a smooth vanilla liqueur......which lends an austere, bittersweet profundity to this fragrance.

This is not a vanilla for the lighthearted, youthful, party crowd. This is a vanilla base used for incense, just without the dollop of other resins and florals commonly used with this base. It's a serious, meditative, dark, and quietly introspective take on vanilla with no attempt made to enhance sensuality or any flirtatious girly predilections commonly done with vanilla.

A man could wear this just as easily as a women in my opinion.

Very beautiful, very smoky, very dark, very serious, very solitary, austere and introspective as vanilla goes. I love it.

maryjane68
maryjane68

It smelled initially like vanilla (for about one second), and then it crashed into a clovey kind of mothball smell. It's horrid (on me).

dannysmom
dannysmom

The opening notes of this are pure vanilla, almost like vanilla extract. I found it nice, but nothing exciting. Then, in comes the smoke. It literally smells like vanilla is cooking on a campfire. I found it pretty harsh, but endured the hour of so of this. It finally calmed down to a basic, cookie-like vanilla with just a faint touch of smoke.

This one isn't for me. I did like some stages of it, but could not handle the smoke. If you like that, go for it.. Longevity is good. I applied it at 7am. It's 4:15 p.m. and I can still smell it.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

I love the smell of vanilla, but with my chemistry it has been a prolonged struggle just to find a few vanilla-based scents that don't smell dusty or plasticky on me. Usually, I end up with something crystalline-sweet or oriental-boozy. So with a name like Vanille Absolue, suggesting no other notes to balance the vanilla, I think I was expecting a suffocating, plasticky olfactory mess to emerge on my skin, but boy was I wrong! This vanilla is divine!!! It's clear and light, and my nose interprets it as almost fruity to start. It becomes slightly boozy in the heart, but retains its buoyancy. The base is the same clear vanilla note on a backdrop of soft, warm woody notes (which don't overpower the vanilla). I don't detect any cinnamon or cloves. Sillage seems minimal, but noticeable to myself...and it's heavenly. It leaves my clothing scented with a wonderful warm vanilla aroma, and longevity is amazing (12 hours on skin, longer on clothes). It's not a powerhouse vanilla, but an extremely well executed and discreet vanilla that I would feel confident wearing anywhere...even to the office, with no dusty finish or plastic overtones.

supermatilda84
supermatilda84

like a field of vanilla..with a strong character...

beamainguy
beamainguy

I like to blend montale perfumes, and vanilla Extasy gets on so well with other fragrances of the collection, but the best combination so far is with the brain new Aoud Purple Rose, just awesome!!!

stephan
stephan

After sampling Confetto, Acqua e Zucchero and by Kilian Love Don't Be Shy, this is a very good alternative, I think it's better than the 2 first ones (Profvmvm) and second best after by Kilian, but the price is better!

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

I'm not normally a fan of vanilla based scents, and I rushed to finish this little sample off so that I could move onto the Montale samples that I really wanted to try, but I'm very impressed by Vanille Absolu. The initial gooey vibrant vanilla melted into an enveloping mix of comforting sweetness and a slight uplift of spice. Sweet, slightly sensual, fantastic longevity and fair to moderate sillage.

fpih
fpih

The notes sounded wonderful, but the end result smells too fake, sticky and plasticky vanilla to me. I can stand it on my skin, but just barely. There are so many better vanillas out there while this, IMHO, is one of the worst.

mary jane
mary jane

Let me just inform you that there is also another montale fragrance with vanilla, called Chypre Vanille which is quite interesting! Unfortunately its not listed!

Dark Curls
Dark Curls

I am sad. I don't like this after all.:(
I love the notes but not how they are blended in this particular perfume. I can't wait to switch to something else at my lunch time.

9154mf
9154mf

This seems to be a nice combination of sweet, foody, deep and sultry, as far as vanilla is concerned. I do not get any oud notes at all in this. (Im surprised because Im well aware of Montale's seeming obsession with oud's.) At first there seems to be a faint bourbon note, but this quickly settles into a creamy but sultry vanilla. It is slightly foody but not sickly sweet. It's very nice but ultimately I have so many vanillas and this is just a bit too boring for me.

Σελήνη
Σελήνη

Today i test this awesome fragrance and i must buy this scent!It's the best vanilla scent i ever smelled,it's not a chemical and synthetic smell,Vanilla Absolu is so natural and over delicious.When i took the first sniff my mouth is watering.This is so yummy...it smells like vanilla cotten candy taste and it also smells like hot caramel or something in that way.It's very sweet but for me not bothersome,a very good scent for the colder day's and absolute a fragrance to feel comfortable and cute with it.Vanilla Absolu is very warm and calming,the cinnamon gives a sensual and sexy touch,and it's really creamy.

coco76
coco76

this is probably one of the worst excuses for a perfume i have ever smelled! on me it smells like those cheap little plastic baby dolls you used to be able to get at Stedmans or Economy Fair (or whatever dime store you remember as a kid) - plastic, plastic, plastic! i am SO disappointed!
now, if i could find something that smells exactly like cabbage patch dolls smelled when they first came out - Eureka!!!!

jeca
jeca

Oh, yes, it soft and intimate vanilla, it's not radiant, but truly feminine.

Nuppu
Nuppu

Soft vanilla with litte hint of spices.

Vanille Absolu by Montale 3.92 out of 5 based on 131 ratings and 32 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Montale Vanille Absolu fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Montale Vanille Absolu, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Vanille Absolu by Montale. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Vanille Absolu by Montale represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.