Designers » M » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Velvet Flowers Montale for women

Velvet Flowers Montale for women
dislike

Velvet Flowers is intoxicating and velvety scent of flowers, spices and fruit. The composition is made of peach blossom, rose, jasmine, ylang-ylang, saffron, fruit aroma, sandalwood and musk.

Available as 50 and 100 ml EDP. Velvet Flowers was launched during the 2000's. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Montale.

Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Saffron Rose Peach Blossom Fruity Notes Sandalwood Musk Gurjan balsam

Nebras
Aoud Velvet
24K
Nouf

Velvet Flowers Fragrance Reviews

CaSentBeau
CaSentBeau

No matter how much I love saffron in food and bakery, I can't seem to come to terms with it in perfume. And as always when you are sensitive to a particular note, it gets amplified and tends to dominate the whole fragrance. So for me Velvet Flowers is very much about saffron.
Velvet Flowers is rich, creamy, sweet and warm, has intense depth and is elegant and luxurious... but there is just too much saffron for me to appreciate it.

dkny27
dkny27

Another Montale I was almost going to purchase based on notes. It sounded beautifully floral and fruity, spring music to my ears.
Unfortunately, after two complete different testers/samples, I have been pretty disappointed.
The notes don't smell clean, they have a synthetic vibe to them and the powdery dry down reminds me of an older bottle of discounted perfume that sat around too long. (Unless, in fact, my two separate samples, from different vendors, had both turned..)
Not a keeper for me.....

rossyegio5
rossyegio5

Per me Velvet Flowers rappresenta una certezza.
Quando desidero sentirmi avvolta da un tripudio di fiori di pesco, ylang-ylang e gelsomino indosso questo profumo.
Intensissimo, aggraziato, gentile e di persistenza "montaliana" (almeno sei ore senza cedimenti..).
La nota legnosa del sandalo "biscotta" i fiori bianchi e un velo di zafferano dà un'aura speziata.
Il profumo è molto dolce, sento predominante l'ylang-ylang. Non proprio da tutti i giorni, solo quando si ha bisogno di una fragranza rasserenante e leggiadra, e tuttavia potente.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Velvet Flowers opens with synthetic, herbal, metallic floral notes, surrounded by a nice bitter leafy-green accord on a really subtle dry earthy-woody base. The flowers are quite "average" and generic: a clean, soapy, conventional floral accord with no particular depth or interest. Overall it has indeed a certain nostalgic vibe all over, reminding of several herbal chypres of the past, however with a contemporary general (and a bit clumsy) syntheticness which does not mix very well with that kind of inspiration. Also you - well, I - get some heavily chemical whiffs and nuances here and there, I mean "purely chemical" smells (wet paint, gasoline, alcohol). They're just nuances, but again, disturbing and ruining somehow the texture of the scent. Shortly it's not a complete fail, but like almost any Montale, forgettable and unworthy the price.

5,5-6/10

hisuinomadoromi
hisuinomadoromi

This perfume is to imagine me. Young and beautiful Yang Princess who met Emperor Xuan Zong.

Sensual, dazzling shine, rich, slightly bitter, spicy and sweet.

The wood aromas give the grace to this perfume.

jbells
jbells

It took me a couple of tries to love this, and I'm glad I gave it another shot.

The first time I tried velvet flowers, I was rather unimpressed. Perhaps it was the weather that suppressed the notes? Maybe I just wasn't receptive enough? For whatever reason, I brushed it off. Luckily, I was going through my samples box and decided to try this on again.

It opens as a watery fruit basket before it starts to settle a bit and becomes more heavy. It's sweet and very fruity (straight up peaches), almost sharp (perhaps from the tiniest bit of saffron that is detectable), but not intrusive. Right from the start, I also pick up a lot of musk playing around in the background, but it's a light girly musk, not a very mature one, if that makes sense.

A sniff closer to the skin reveals the rosy notes that never really take flight. This is the only part of the entire fragrance that lives up to its name, "Velvet Flowers". It is definitely the smoothest part of the entire fragrance, and is so incredibly feminine and mildly intoxicating - so well rounded and addictive, with beautiful musky wood notes backing it. It's a shame it sits so close to the skin, but I suppose one could see that as an added dimension.

As the fragrance develops, it gains an almost syrupy texture and a bitterness that I find rather confusing. The first thing that comes to mind is jasmine, but I have not known jasmine to be bitter on my skin. It's not unpleasant though; if anything, it simply contributes another facet.

It ends with airy musk and a faint fruity floral sweetness, with a hint of spice and wood. This stage is very much a skin scent on me.

Is this fragrance exquisitely different or unique? Perhaps not, but for the fruity floral enthusiast, this is worth trying.

Projection was noticeable throughout, and total wear on me was about 5.5-6 hours.

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

It smells on me exactly like Si Armani, very fruity and sweet with soapy background added. Sillage and longevity excellent. I wouldn't mind to have a bottle.

AlaskaWendy
AlaskaWendy

This is my favourite perfume. I do not ever want to be without it. It's a womanly version of the sweet florals that line the racks. To just call it a sweet floral is insulting though. It's honeyed flowers, its creamy, fruity, inviting, intoxicating and heady. I got a sample of this, and knew immediately that i NEEDED a full 100 ml bottle, and that it would be mine, and not one of the ones i decant for others. I formed an instant emotional bond with it, it's quite beautiful. It's so perfectly balanced and blended that i cannot detect any particular accord, i get honey, i get a floral bouquet, and warmth of the woody/musk base. it's just a beautiful warm floral aura. I apply it, and it's fairly linear for me, there's not much changing during the 12+ longevity of it. It's as beautiful when I apply it, as when I go to bed (by that time i'm kind of wanting a break from it) i receive a lot of comments "damn!! You smell good" beimg the most common. I think it's very feminine, and a man might find this difficult to wear, though i'm aware some men are fond of their florals.

I have fragrances i decant and sell, and i keep on industrial shelving - but whats on my vanity, STAYS on my vanity. And this is on my vanity. It is mine. I refuse to part with 1single milliliter.

10 out of 10

AveParfum
AveParfum

Velvet Flowers is a unique blend of saffron and peach blossom, the two notes that dominate the fragrance. The overall effect is rich, sweet, and syrupy. Golden ambrosia. The drydown borders on gourmand, like peach cobbler with a dollop of saffron-infused whipped cream. I would not call this spicy. Saffron is technically a spice, but it is sweet with honey-like nuances, so there is nothing "spicy hot" to be found here. Saffron makes the perfume very creamy.

This perfume could be perfect for warm summer nights. Longevity is great considering it's a floral-fruity. The richness of the fragrance prevents it from being overly youthful. In other words, most perfumes of this genre seem too playful or flirty to be taken seriously, but Velvet Flowers is a "perfume" in the classic sense of the word.

I have to add that I see no resemblance to Aoud Velvet, which has no spice and no peach whatsoever. There is certainly oud in Aoud Velvet, but there is no oud in Velvet Flowers at all. They are totally different perfumes.

Edit - March 2015: I finally own this beauty! After years of wanting it, I finally caved as it is getting harder to find.

Goldfinch
Goldfinch

I like the first half hour the best. It's unusual, spicy and floral. Unfortunately after a while it becomes more and more sweet, almost (but only almost) cloying and I can feel only a peach scent then. It reminds me of Chanel Allure EDT a lot and I have this 'Allure' feeling for hours. Sillage and longevity are very good.

P.S.:Interesting, how our nose 'works'. I have Guerlain Purple Fantasy and I feel it similar to Allure EDP and Montale VF to Allure EDT. And I see, that others find similarity between Alien and Purple Fantasy and between Alien and VF. God knows...

lucifera
lucifera

i like it! it's kinda like alien but with some apricot mixed and less jasmin :-p more clearer too

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Montale Velvet Flowers fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Montale Velvet Flowers, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Velvet Flowers by Montale. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Velvet Flowers by Montale represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.