Designers » M » « Groups

dislike

oud
herbal
tobacco

Brown Collection by Montale introduced in 2009 includes three fragrances: Boise Fruite, Deep Roses and Wild Aoud. Wild Aoud incorporates bergamot, geranium, artemisia, aoud, teak wood, Sumatra patchouli and tobacco. Available as 50 and 100ml edp. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Montale.

Geranium Artemisia Bergamot Agarwood (Oud) Teak Wood Patchouli Tobacco Amber

Nepal Aoud
Maze

Wild Aoud Fragrance Reviews

Das Huffer
Das Huffer

I fully agree with Lana148! Where many of Montale's offerings feel like they are part of the journey to another fragrance, Wild Aoud stands alone, and quite handsomely so.
The bergamot and geranium are wonderful doormen to the wood and oud inside. Although I don't get the smell of tobacco, it carries the feel of it. A smooth warmth astraddle the woods, softening and taming the oud's potential volatile edges.
Don't let the "wild" in its name fool you. There's no chaos here. Just a streamlined, well thought out fragrance.

fhr
fhr

compared to black aoud its a pretty synthetic in the middle, unfortunately, and retains as it is super iso-e or so, very strange, have to wash down. Black aoud is a mile more classy, ..... so forget this one, (lucky to have only small decant from the wild aoud)...

Lana148
Lana148

Geranium-gergamot oud. Don't really get tobacco here. Well done fragrance, leaning towards masculine. Very happy this is something different then just another rose-oud blend from Montale.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

I am not picking up anything other than oud. I am a Montale lover but this is so boring and lame. Also it does not project as some of the other Montales. Nothing good to say about this one.

muzzbait
muzzbait

this has me bewitched. i've tried about 15 or 20 montales 'aouds' and they all have some common element or accord that makes them 'montales', but this one is different. that lemoney-spritely 'oud' (we all know it's NOT oud at all, doesn't even SMELL like real oud, but i love WHATEVER it is -- sorta like how 'grape' gum tastes NOTHING like grape but you still love whatEVER it is!!!) combines with the floral sweetness. it works so well...i'm looking for a full bottle methinks. it's amazing...

To my nose, Montale Wild Aoud is a woody oud perfume more geared toward the gents than the ladies. The oud note itself is very familiar to me from Bond no 9 New York Oud. By now I've decided that it doesn't matter how authentic this perfume version of oud is, as the supposedly "real deal" oud perfumes which I have tried were rather unpleasant to me. Gringo oud is the way to go for more feminine and wearable perfumes. The reason why I prefer New York Oud to Wild Aoud can be summed up in a single word: flowers. To be more precise: roses.

Of course, not everyone is looking for this particular oud note blended in with bushels of rose petals. Some will prefer this staid, stern, woody oud to the voluptuousness of the cluster of excellent rose-oud perfumes now available. So they can have all of the Wild Aoud stock, and I'll stick with the more floral oriental perfumes.

Ouch!
Ouch!

I'm only dipping my toes into this brand as they aren't availaible in my country. I have some samples though and so far have only tried two. Moon Aoud and this one.

Of the two, this is darker, geranium gives its rose-like self to the blend which together with the tobacco and teak, make a very masculine Aoud blend. It's like the Aoud wraps itself around the other notes like a blanket, not totally covering them, but dominating them.

I sometimes find Aoud/Oud to smell quite dirty and rough, and it does in this only slightly, the geranium lifts is slightly and gives it a crispness.

ETA. The drydown of this is really quite beautiful, once the aoud calms down and gives the other notes a chance, this scent becomes "one"...it's a gorgeous crisp exotic geranium, with incensey woodsy tones. LOVE!

There is a sexiness to this, I think if a guy was wearing a leather jacket and looking super cool, the smell of the leather jacket with wafts of this would be damn sexy!

Flair voyant
Flair voyant

I agree with Scent E(t)mane; However, Wild Aoud reminds me of Nicole Miller for men accord! But, I mix it with Full incense, and what happens:

In one hour, it becomes a perfect matrimony
where the Joop accord is totally subdued by the frankincense... Another 40' into the honeymoon, all there is left is the nice spice accord from Wild Aoud, plus the citrus freshness from the Full Incense.

Bonjour Pierre: you have access to all kind of raw ingredients; we do not! You should have taken your time before releasing Wild Aoud...
Il y a une grande distinction entre Maitre Parfumeur et blagueur qui se moque de la bonte des cliens!

Scent e(t)mane
Scent e(t)mane

Vertigo is right. Joop Jump or Montale's Wild Aoud is a very hasty production! Marketing wise: This Joop Jump should not be in Montale's Aoud collection; although it might increase revenues, short-run only, while in the long-run, drives away our loyalty back to other perfumers (Monegal, Lutens, and others...).
I do not understand how can someone produce GREAT PERFUMES like: Original Aoud, Dark Aoud, Aoud Lime,and Black Aoud, then relax in such an inconsistent way?
Pierre: Stop produce this bad/wild aoud, and plan for better ones...No more brut with oud, bien-etre with oud, tabac w oud, old spice w oud... Plan your challenges, and take your time; we can wait...

USERs: Do not buy before sampling: it is not worth more than $40!

Vincents1278
Vincents1278

First time I tried this in 2011: incredible, deep, woody, manly, tobacco, teak and soil. Very nice and very sensual, almost dirty. Deep and rich with an almost chocolatey note.

October 2012: A new bottle shows terrible reformulation with sharp, nose-hair burning-chemical, fake oud replacing what was once a deep, rich, complex scent. No good.

123andrea
123andrea

Buono e particolare nella sua capacità di essere così verde pur essendo un oud... e non è affar da poco!
Della linea Aoud di P.Montale, provato fra il "Dark Aoud" ed il "Musk Aoud" ma scelto proprio in merito alla sua originalità.
Apre fresco con una buona artemisia e con il geranio egiziano i quali, sfumando lentamente, lasciano spazio all'avvolgente legno di teak con accenno tabaccoso fino all'arrivo dal buio, superbo, maestoso e poderoso del resinoso oud che mi pare, si prenda la scena, e per lungo tempo.
Anche per questo Montale ottima la persistenza: m'ha accompagnato "brillantemente" per tutta la giornata

lfmars98
lfmars98

Very interesting fragrance. Starts out very strong and fresh citrus. Over time it warms up and becomes milky soft from the oud wood. It doesn't project compared to Black or Red Aoud, but has great longevity (10+ hours) on my skin. I like it a lot. 9/10.

groovysilversurfer
groovysilversurfer

I'm really enjoying my sample, but does nobody else get a rose accord in this???

Not as bad as I expected. While Wild Aoud doesn't stand out among the infinite offering by Montale, at the same time it's a quite succesful blend of woods and astringent (sort of citrusy) artemisia/geranium. The oud note is restrained and used to just add some boldness while the strong woody drydown anriched by a slight fruity vibe place Wild Aoud somewhere between Pleasure For Men and Assolo. Nice.

Rating: 6.5-7/10

vertigo
vertigo

Wild Aoud is very masculine.
I passed my sample to my man.
I'm sorry to say that to me it smells very common and familiar. Like you've mixed classic men's colognes (geranium + bergamot) with modern night-out fragrances (tobacco and citrus from Armani Code & patchouli & amber from Attitude Extreme by Giorgio Armani).
I expected something more interesting.

Ikosmajovich
Ikosmajovich

Oh, but I feel only nuts, roasted a little. Maybe a leather. It's deep and misterious.

adrienn99
adrienn99

interesting! it smells like a woody-spicy to me. as if there was cinnamon and cloves? so far I did not get much tobacco. will give it another try though.

Wild Aoud by Montale 3.46 out of 5 based on 89 ratings and 17 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Montale Wild Aoud fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Montale Wild Aoud, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Wild Aoud by Montale. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Wild Aoud by Montale represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.