Designers » M » Aromatic Fruity « Groups

Wild Pears Montale for women and men

Wild Pears Montale for women and men
dislike

Wild Pears by Montale is a Aromatic Fruity fragrance for women and men. Wild Pears was launched in 2011. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Montale. Top notes are bergamot and pear; middle notes are lily-of-the-valley and carnation; base notes are musk, sandalwood and vanille.

Bergamot Pear

Lily-of-the-Valley Carnation

Musk Sandalwood Vanille

Wild Pears Fragrance Reviews

NataliaChudo
NataliaChudo

I feel this one as a pear-musky blend. In fact, even after several hours from first spraying it, I get no bergamot nor vanilla. Just plain pears in musk. To my nose, there is a vintage take to this fragrance as well... is it you, carnation??
Not bad for pear fragrance, not sure whether it lives up to Montale standard, though. I mean, there are so many Montale numbers with more twisted and complex and interesting pyramides to begin with...but if yoy are on a market for a good, non artificially-smelling pear-this one is for you. Staying power and sillage is notable.

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

The pears here are Ok but are sort of synthetically sweet at 1st as there are no accompanying fruits or bolder, richer notes to back it up.

There's a nice rich splash of good Quality bergamot that's done very well to lend a freshening balance and lift the pears with the sweetness and it's nice for the 1st half hour.

Sadly, it then goes through it's worst stage, ending up like a luminous, simple body lotion rather than sweetening up with a green pear contrasting a custardy vanilla - which is what I was hoping for.

I think hazelnut or another gourmand would have balanced this better but it's not a bad scent.

It's still better than Illuminum's Ginger Pear but maybe it's simply not my preferred fruit in a scent. I'd always like to go with blackcurrant or pineapple.

Later, the sandalwood gives a nice bit of boldness but really it's not quite enough to justify an already pretty simple scent.

The real let down is the lack of a strong vanilla. Either boozy or full gourmand would have made a lot of difference but in the end the pear unsweetens and just fades into nothing which is not impressive.

My rating: 6/10.

Liarmother
Liarmother

Great scent, I did not expect that much of pear and I love that I was wrong.
At first there is just pear - juicy and ripe, not very fresh but sweet. It also is quite sugary, exactly like pear preserves. This note gradually, but quickly (about 5 minutes), fades into the background (especially the sugariness)and I get cloves, which is weird since they're not listed. The clove scent morphs into mix of sandalwood and musk after about another 5 minutes with the comeback of pear. After that I did not smell pears exactly, but rather musk and general sweetness. This is what sticks for 5 to 6 hours and then the entire scent is mostly gone.

Not really unisex, because it smells sweet most of the time. The cool thing is that this would be really great if you had to run errands in the afternoon and then go straight to the party / dinner / night out. That's because the sweet pear smell fits great for day use and the spicy musky finish is at home in a night setting.
Reccomend for all those who open a jar of pears in syrup and think "I love this smell", and then don't mind the spices and musk.

Norgirl
Norgirl

Oh my.. What a beauty . I have been curious aboout this one for a long time , The pear has always intreged me , a juicy pear straight from the tree whats better then that .
This on starts of with that , The crispenes the juicynes the swettnes put me straight back to my childhood ,climbing the trees to get to the wonderfull fruits ,scratching my knees on the way but who cares , you bite that pear its all heaven :)
The vanilla is defenetly there makes it feals like a desert , then the Musk and lily of the valley makes it a bit more soapy refreshing almsot like a hint of Bijan nude , honey like fruity at one stage .( just a bit similer not the same )
there is a slight floral feal here aswell ,but i cant say its carnation i smell , more about the lily of the valleys soapynes . I totaly love it , nead this in my life . Nead it right now :)

freakypirate
freakypirate

Wild Pears opens very sweet and syrupy. I smell fresh pears but also lots of other fruit notes, and a poof of musk. The bergamot makes it slightly bitter. Then woody notes appear and a while later sweet vanilla notes. The pear becomes more sweet and fruity than fresh now. After this the scent changes a bit and becomes fresher again, with some light woody notes underneath and a sweet vanilla in the background. The bitterness of the bergamot disappears now. The drydown is a deep sweet fruit syrup with light vanilla and wood in the base, and poofs of white musk on top.

I do get decent sillage and performance, both are moderate on me.

Sweet, sweet, sweet. Smells like cherry winegum candy, which is wayyyyyy too sweet for my taste in perfume, but this should be very suitable for sweet gourmand lovers! It is a warm scent. The pears disappear quite quickly on me, I don't smell any after 15 minutes. I do smell candy, lots of it! Candy and musk.

Aleccsei
Aleccsei

SWEET CANDY PEARS
_______________________________________________________

I wanted to try some Montale fragrances today and was surprised to see that there is a fragrance called 'Wild Pears'.

I tried it instantly. Just like the name migt suggest, pears burst out of the bottle. But it's not pears, but candied pears. It's quite sweet.

And the sweet doesn't dry away. The pears fade away after a couple of hours, but the vanilla doesn't. It begins sweet and fruity but the dry down is only sweet.

Overall: quite interesting scent
Opinion: I love pears - 8/10.
Longetivity: - 6/10
Sillage: - 6/10

All in all: 6 out of 10 points.

esteban747
esteban747

Pears have a smooth scent, slightly sweet yet at the same time light. And Wild Pears captures that essence perfectly.
It opens with...Pears! Sweet and (at least to me) little boozy, perhaps because of the vanilla. The lime in the opening gives an uplifting kick to this fragrance.
even though it feels more like a feminine fragrance, the middle part with the sandalwood is more unisex.
Then the lily of the valley and musk take the whole thing to a powdery note, still with the pear as the main note.
I like it. Although I'm not sure if I can pull this one off, it definitely gives a more feminine vibe. It's a fragrance worth to try. Thumbs up for quality, it develops slowly so it doesn't go from the top notes to the bottom in 2 minutes, and because the scent matches the name!

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

The name speaks for itself, and it's more about "pears" than "wild". Depressing accords of fruit renditions, quite salty and metallic, ending with a sweet-fruity drydown with a fresh, slightly ozonic feel. It's not sweetish as I expected, but still completely dull, as it does not even smell that much about pears, rather more about a "can-be-anything" generic fruity accord. Not tragic but cheap and dull.

seekritdude
seekritdude

Aptly named. The beginning is a very sweet, candy, almost but not quite juicy pear. Smells very jolly rancherish to me. Actually to go off on something else for a second smelling this, id really like montale to make a cherry, blueberry, or hell maybe even grape version of this. Wouldnt mind having a jollyrancher sorta smell of those. I feel it would have a little more novelty factor to make it more worth it myself. But I digress...

Anyway as it dries down it basically turns into a very dry musky pear. And loses its super sweet, candyness...

Smells well enough. Although besides the fact that personally I find it pretty feminine I just cant see myself ever wearing it. For what its worth in terms of some of the other montales its longevity and projection are not as beast mode as well and just alright on my skin.

melia
melia

So lovely. I really didn't expect it to be so lovely.
When talking about pears in perfumes nowadays they're often used in overly sweet compositions. One of them I own; J'aime nuit from La Perla.
This smells like a soft summer shower however. Even though you used strong smelling shampoo and body wash, they were of high quality ingredients and the soft summer breeze makes it smell al so natural. The pear is so lovely you want to eat it with your lungs. I can't help but inhaling it deeply.
Again: very very nice.

Eneli
Eneli

Oh that is so beautiful. The first blast just knocked my socks off! Unfortunately the intensity of the pear gets remarkably weaker after a half an hour. And with it dissapears the big part of the specialty. But I still want it. the first sniff is worth it all.
Longevity on me is around 9 hours.

mendwillie
mendwillie

Interestingly, overwhelming mixture of Pears Juicy and well Creamy Sandalwood. I am very good on the skin so it has a strong projection in 30min after application then softens. I dig that, yes sir!

I rank it like this:
Smell: 9.5/10
Projection: 7.5/10
Longevity: 7.5/10

cunny2009
cunny2009

Wild Pears has arrived and here's the verdict: This blind buy paid off! I really like the fragrance, it's fresh, fruity and perfect for summer. I am a man and I can let the other men (and women) out there know that this one is completely unisex. It's a luscious, juicy pear that is quite vibrant on application, the scent reminds me somewhat of a room spray my mother uses, it settles down into a fresh pear with an underlying of something sweet that could be caramel or brown sugar. I'll definitely be using this one through out summer.
I would have to add (as an edit) that this perfume is quite room spray-ish. Not a cheap and nasty dollar shop room spray but room spray all the same. I might have gained this one through a blind buy but I would suggest that others try first.

kimberlylizkennedy
kimberlylizkennedy

This smells like true candied pears.

Catt
Catt

My favorite fruit was the Packham pear when I was a little girl. My father always bought the ripest he could get because I love my Packhams soft, sweet and juicy.
When I first opened the box my decant came in, the smell of the ripest, juiciest Packham pear came wafting out of the box.
On the skin, the 'pearness' of it produced a slightly plastic smell. As it dries down in about 10 minutes, I'm getting a perfumey soap scent as well. Adding this to scentless lotion and then applying it to my skin takes away the plastic note and reduces some of the sweetness. The lotion also helps to stretch the longevity of the perfume from a meagre 2 hours to at least 4 hours. Sillage is about an arm's length for me.

Jwaks
Jwaks

Natural sweet pears in syrup, like a fruit cocktail or pear cordial, with white musk and hints of sweet vanilla. A very fruity, lightly musky and slightly floral scent; a great pick me up during summer.

Fruity goodness that lasts for hours!

Score 6.5/10

lassie172
lassie172

this is nice pear scent for summer. i like it a lot

Fizzy
Fizzy

The best real pear scent I met until now! Mmmm, yummy. The ripe pears last about one hour on my skin, after that comes powdery roses smell for a while, maybe for two hours and then it is all about musk, fresh and clean.

I wished, it would last longer on my skin than 4 hours. Good daily scent and good for winter.

The flacon is light like feathers and protects the juice from the sunshine, but with the star logo on it and the spray mechanisms reminds me more on a modern weapon (hand grenade) than a flacon. Even if the flacon is very practical, I don´t love it.

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

Mmmm this is such an interesting scent, agreed it's exactly what it is Pears. I just got this today the opening on me at first reminds me of a nice sweet wine (this is nice if you like sweeter scents) it's has just enough sweetness w/o being overly sweet. && as it dries down it smells kinda soapy just a really beautiful fruity soap. I will add that this is one of those scents you deff. have to try out first...How I described it smelling on me might not necessarily smell the same on you, for instance my manager loves how differently it smells on me, she says she doesn't like it on her skin b/c it just smells like a really sweet fruit salad. I also get a nice spiciness that makes me feel it's pretty suitable year round like how spiced pears on the holidays && I can also pick up the vanilla on the dry down. It really is a unique fragrance It has a nice && lively freshness to it && when I have it on I can't help but keep sniffing myself, && to think I almost overlooked this one. :)

valarian
valarian

This is exactly what it says it is and that's one of the things that I love about it.

The pear is sweet but not overly so with a lovely fresh feel about it.

Beautifully done but my only gripe is that I wish it lasted a little longer but I will certainly be buying myself a bottle for summer.

cacraine
cacraine

To me this closely resembles Petit Cherie. It doesn't smell bad but it just smells like fresh pears to me...and nothing else. It only lasted about 2 hours on my skin so it's not worth the price to me.

wosic
wosic

This one feels like roasted pears on my skin. Mild, slightly smoky with hint of sweetness (like their own fruity sweetness is caramelized).

Four hours later is like expensive body lotion. The scent is noticeable without being insolent.
I can't detect anything artificial in Wild Pears. Love it.

Alalu
Alalu

This is sweet pear compote.I feel like I eat it:)Compote full of musk with sweet pears and handful bergamot.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Montale Wild Pears fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Montale Wild Pears, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Wild Pears by Montale. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Wild Pears by Montale represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.