Designers » M » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Just Me Montana for women
dislike

honey
leather

Just Me by Montana is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for women. Just Me was launched in 1998. The nose behind this fragrance is Francoise Caron. The fragrance features honey, pineapple, leather, melon, jasmine, dark chocolate, ginger, grapefruit, black pepper, spices and musk.

Honey Pineapple Leather Melon Jasmine Dark Chocolate Ginger Grapefruit Black Pepper Spices Musk

Just Me Fragrance Reviews

James99
James99

Smells like it was launched in the 70's and not in 98.This is for grandma♥️
Update: I was wrong!!!
When I first tested,I guess the musk was the thing that turned me off and never gave it a chance.Today decide to test it again.I dabbed on my both arms two times each and twice on my tshirt.It started again with the not so good musk but it started to go away after while and I started to get a sweet smell from my arms.More than two hrs later,it's a soft sweet,pineapple scent.Unfortunately on tshirt still has the musk so its better to use it on the skin.All in all its a nice perfume that is sweet and good performance for an EdT if let the not so good opening go away.

ZELJO
ZELJO

Totally unisex and casual, more frutal than sweet,find the bottle a little vulgar-kistch, not bad for daily uses but by far weakest Montana along with Montana black

Yurpdod
Yurpdod

This fragrance is so much fun. The opening of Just Me is bold and bodacious. The pineapple and leather link together perfectly, forming an accord that is juicy yet smoky and dry. The mid-phase is very flattering on skin, with the honey, chocolate, and jasmine becoming more prominent and taking the composition into a gourmand-floral category. The drydown has the powdery musk that is present in fragrances like LouLou and Poison.

The composition of Just Me is completely unisex, but it still has definite swagger and presence. It has the sweetness of honey, pineapple, and jasmine playing against the delicious naughtiness of leather, spices, and musk.

I absolutely adore the bottle -- it is cheeky and also calls to mind art deco architecture. The sillage is big for about 30 minutes and then softens down, and it is very long-lasting on skin. I like it very much and hope to buy a full-size bottle of it soon!

Krasnylips
Krasnylips

This is so beautiful scent. It is strong, long lasting, very warming up. Bright opening of gourmand honey with a smoky touch that goes deeper to leather and then all this honey appears in a wooden barrel where good cognac was stored.

Planet_X
Planet_X

What a gorgeous, unusual, strange creature. I do recommend it to those people, who would love sweet twisty leather, for some reason it reminds me Angel and Black Orchid by the character: "Here I am, love me or hate me, its Just Me", but I absolutely cant handle those two, yet in love with Just Me, so I suppose having this loud seductive vibe, Montana JM simply works better with my skin and hidden desires)
Its smells like nothing else - sweet, heady, slightly medicinal and fruity and you always detect latex sort of leather on undertone, which really make me blush at some point as associations are hot and straighfoward here. Its not erotic, but pure sexuality expressed in a very untrivial way.

juzme
juzme

This perfume is nothing I thought it would be.
I was hoping for some leather scent and instead it's just a very long lasting ,unpleasent for my nose PINEAPPLE juice.
How disappointing !!!!
Now I'll have to figure out what to combine it with to cover the nasty pineapple which I like to eat ,but hate smelling like one .
Sorry pineapple , please forgive me .

dezaval
dezaval

It was sweet and yummy, very pleasant and wearable! Sophisticated, as french fragrances tend to be, and easy-to-wear at the same time. That's how I recall it! A fragrange for urban girls mostly. Better for a night out in a big city with good friends.

scented2014
scented2014

i really wanted to get it! and here it is!.. and it's even better than i expected! rich,thick, sweet (i can smell honey as listed but not pineapple like some ppl mentioned) and LEATHER!!!but it's not a smooth leather jacket or glove, it's rather a new (i mean clean)))) saddle and you can smell its suede inside. this blend is very original and so intriguing that makes me sniff my hand again and again! i'm so happy to have discovered this gem!

Gjilchrist
Gjilchrist

The name and bottle design are hilarious. From its exterior, one might think it smelled like the end-of-day underpants that supposedly begot Bandit. (But not Bandit itself, which, at least in the current formulation, is not really so raunchy.) I have a vintage bottle of Eau de Joy I cannot wear outside of the apartment for fear people will think it's just me, sans bath. The civet is overwhelming.

In contrast, Just Me is a luscious, smoky, pineapple-y leather that no one on Earth smells like without assistance. Sweet, well-blended, and rich even in the edt, Just Me is a sexy gourmand. I agree with Bandit the reviewer that it seems to have inspired Lutens' Daim Blond, the other fruity leather. I have them each on a wrist now. While I rather prefer DB's drier, smokier scent, JM is a fraction of the price. At this price point, I'll go ahead and call the latter a fairly safe blind buy for lovers of pineapple and leather. (Mine, Alyssa79, is also a darker amber than the picture, but not dark dark.)

Alyssa79
Alyssa79

I believe I got a bad bottle and am smelling nothing of this deliciousness that I am reading about! I am getting a very sharp, pungent non-descript old lady scent!

Can anyone tell me the color of their juice? Mine is a darker amber color and not the pretty golden color pictured.

dyen
dyen

Rich, sweet, dark, spicy, bombastic. STRONG - and in the best possible way. I wore this to New York a few years ago. It was my first time there (5 day trip) and my travel buddy was ill with a nasty tummy bug and couldn't leave the hotel/ toilet. With her blessing I dabbed this beauty on and went out into NYC on my own. It seemed to lift me up and on while I explored the city. Confidence boosting, gorgeous swirling scent with pineapple, chocolate and leather. Amazing sillage - pity I only have a mini!

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

oh how yummy! Strong spricy.. more fresh spices than warm spices.. First blast was cinnamon, pepper & ginger, some sweetness from the honey, chocolate, some freshness from the pineapple, grapefruit & melon, and some warmth from the leather & musk..

Thankfully the grapefruit isnt distinct as I really dislike it normally, and the pepper adds a sharpness without being too strong..

All very rounded out. no one note stands out except the initinal cinnamon. Maybe a touch too strong or harsh for some but perfect for me..

The zippered look on the bottle with the zipper tab on the top is just great, & for a top heavy bottle I have no problem with it falling over like some others.

patxaran
patxaran

A blast from the past... the good old times of unique smelling fragrances. And this one doesn't even smell "old lady" like. I had to try this again , from my friends bottle, for fear it may have turned bad after all those years. yes maybe the topnotes are a bit wonky, but hell, after 20 mins everything is back to normal. I get the virtual pineapple, the leather, the honey, and then some thing reminding of Hermes fragrances, suspect must be the pepper and ginger here. This is a monster, feminine and fruity and at the same time dangerous. To me it exhibits a similar attitude to that of "Elixir des Merveilles". This is not masculine, but it is a strong feminine and possibly unixex scent. I suspect some "old style" musk is still in use here. Some musk and animalic notes hang around for the longest time blending deep into the skin. Longevity 12h +++

puppynose
puppynose

Beautiful, rare sleeper gem. I almost made the error of drawing a premature coclusion abour this. At first it smelled pleasant but bland - almost generic- I somehow didn't even detect the leather.
It is soooo not generic- the leather is unmistakable but not in-your-face. - I'm glad I gave it a second try! Once you smell the leather you can't miss it again. It's not a fruity fragrance or sweet teenibopper type, it's soft and sultry, complex, and a little goes a long way. The honey is subtle, almost dry - more lke the scent of beeswax absolute as opposed to sticky sweet or syrupy. Yes, as others have said- this would be fine to wear with a leather jacket. Can anyone confirm whether or not this has been discontinued or if rumours to that effect are unfounded?

Waltzing Matilda
Waltzing Matilda

Yes, the leather and pineapple are there but the star of this fragrance is the extreme cassis. It's an 'in your face' spice perfume. I know everyone has a different interpretation of any one fragrance, and we all have varying tastes.

My take on Montana 'Just Me' is that it is certainly unisex and it's reminiscent of A*Men - as in it's quite androgynous. The metal habit de fete that the glass bottle fits into is very stylish - quite Guerlain-ish in that respect. It's a pity that the 'M' zip fitting on the lid is not more durable though - it broke before I'd finished my 30 ml bottle.

This is a really lovely leather fragrance with sweet notes. I get a lot of honey, jasmine and pineapple mixed with spicy notes and musk.
A deep, rich fragrance. Womanly, not girly. Very sexy. Strong and long lasting. A bit "old school" and maybe even with a touch of masculinity from the leather, but that just makes it more assertive and sexy.

icecube
icecube

Great perfume. Honey and pineapple mixed with tobacco smoke is what I get. Sounds like a strange combination but smells heavenly.
Tobacco is not in the notes I know - but that is
definitely what I am getting.

weegee
weegee

Remarkable longevity: 12+ hours. Sprays on with a glossy oily sheen.

I just received an older 100ml tester bottle with the notes on the bottle and I'm stunned not to see pineapple, honey or dark chocolate listed! I've worn Just Me for over 3 years now (absolutely love it!) and my nose tells me all 3 are present in this gloriously warm, long-lasting wonder.

Nonetheless, here's what the bottle says: "Absolutely daring, radiant and sublimely sensuous; a sparkling metallic expression [of] Ginger, Grapefruit, Pepper, Ylang, a rich and voluptuous soul [of] Spice, Jasmine, Leather and Musk."

So, there you have it. Reference number embossed on the bottle is 092834. Engraved number on the bottle is 033070.

lauraapadron
lauraapadron

smells lovely. strong and long lasting (smell lingers the day after for sure, even after showering).
i smell a lot of smokey honey and leather. i smell no pineapple. super confused...where da pineapple at? still delicious.
definitely unisex.
love the packaging

lapurrla
lapurrla

Just Me smells great, and so do I when I wear this, at least I think I do, if I keep my wrist glued to my nose. And I've doused myself in it. I really like this pineapple blend, as I don't get the distinctive leather note mentioned. Within an hour or so it becomes the faintest skin scent. I'll try it in different weather, see if it reacts differently. I have to apply it every hour to smell it. Glad others have more success with it. In fact from reading the reviews it seems to have a different life with every user.

junior halston
junior halston

Finally tried this and to me this is a slight female version of Lapidus Homme in the gray bottle. Like Lapidus it has that funky pineapple accord stuck in a leather coat store holding a small vanila soft serve. I could see a guy wearing Just Me and it coming off very masculine

darlingdraven
darlingdraven

This one has some great notes, so it is very possible I got an old batch. I have a very vivid picture in mind when I smelled this on my skin: I go into my grandma's attic, smelling a nice leather jacket only to find Joe from the Facts of Life mummified in a steam trunk. Is that creepy or what? I agree this is a weird one and may have been amplified due to old perfume samples. Positive side, it has longevity and power to it!

The drydown reminds me of a cross between the drydowns of Histoire d'Eau and Theorema, though closer to Theorema. It's very well done and the drydown is nearly unisex. However, I can understand that some don't like the opening. I feared that it would be too sweet but it is not, though it is a little powdery. Instead, within an hour or so you get an excellent, natural smelling, balanced blend. Don't expect powerful jasmine or obvious chocolate; this is what an "old school" designer fragrance was all about (before the age of super-sweet, fruity fragrances and the like), which is excellent balance among contrasting notes, naturalness, dynamism, and at least a reasonable amount of complexity.

Bandit
Bandit

Wow, this is a weirdo!

Pineapple and heavy leather, that's new to my nose. I personally find the pineapple opening awful, but it dries down quickly and what remains is only the sweetness of the pineapple without it's fruitiness.

And than the leather! Oh my.

I do think, that Just Me is what Daim Blond ought to be, but never quite realised: Sweet fruit (girly) and heavy leather (lesbian butch): Girly with balls. Where Daim Blond only is sweet, apricoty and has some slight suede, Just Me is even sweeter, after the pinapple is gone less fruity than Daim Blond, but edgier with a leather so heavy, I only know from male perfumery. The contrast is so big, that I am stunned.

I haven't made up my mind, if this is a scrubber or a masterpiece. I have to go on experimenting with Just Me.

P.S.: For those who didn't get, what "leather" in a perfume should be, try Just Me, you'll instantly know.

Migalex
Migalex

This is actually a fruity floral,not an oriental spicy. Very very fruity, actually, the pineapple being the most noticeable note overall, although it fades gradually. Gets too sweet in the drydown, probably because of the honey. It is not bad, but it is nothing special, particularly being a Montana, if one thinks of parfum de peau. Montana 80, out last year, is also great. The fact that this one is no longer in production is not really to regret.

olga1780
olga1780

Wow.....this is fragrance has a Huuuge personality! Love it!
The sillage and longevity are monstrous, especially for EDT. Too sad they barely make the same quality fragrances these days.
I just cant get enough of this fragance...next time will wear it with a leather outfit, that would be perfect.

Hi Sherihan ! The strange thing is that EVERY note in here I ADORE, but I cannot seem to smell ANY one of them! So it is like a perfume with no smell for me.
A shame, I love the Montana house!

iMaverick
iMaverick

I really don't like the name on this one. Reminds me of something Paris Hilton would think up--oh wait, she actually did! Oh well.

I agree with hollycat a lot on this one, from the reference to incense right down to evoking nostalgic feelings with this scent. The pineapple note is a bit "overripe" for my personal taste, but does fine against the rest of the composition. Pineapple notes like this one gives off a metallic twinge to a scent. This is the same pinepple note that is in Miss Balmain.

I didn't like it at first when I first smelled it because it smells very brash on skin, however, like Shalimar, this scent is best appreciated smelling in the air, and not on the skin.

This was about to go in my "collected, but no longer worn" cabinet. I sprayed it into the air just to remember if it was indeed an atrocity of a scent, and I was really wrong. The smell had me dumbstruck and put into a momentary trance, and I nodded to myself with approval.

Barely made a whisper in the retail market, but very available out there in cyberspace for cheap. I bought mine for about $12.99.

hollycat
hollycat

I was really surprised when I tested this perfume because now that I look at the notes, its nothing at all like I what I smell.

I first smelled a lot of smoky incense, which now I realize was probably the leather. Then the dry down was mainly what I percieved to be orchid and some spices.

I find a great similarity between this and YSL's Nu. Except Just me is a little more tame than Nu.

Very enjoyable perfume. Somehow brings up emotions for me when I smell it. Nostalgic feelings.

Pa.princess
Pa.princess

Got this one after reading all the good reviews. I am so glad I did. What a wonderful little gem this is. The opening is VERY spicy. The drydown-a fantastic honeyed leather. Some may consider this a fall/winter scent, but DO try it in the summer. The scent is amazing as your skin heats up! This has quickly become one of my favorites!!

millan
millan

Just got this and It is very interesting not a common scent. At fist it is really spicy and on your face, Smell's great but to strong but after 15 minute is delicious I smell the honey and the pineapple and a faint smell of leather A beautiful perfume I just hope the bees wont go after me when I wear it . It last about 5 hours and then it stays close to the skin. A real gem!!!!

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

On my skin, Just Me presents itself as kind of a gourmand skin scent, if that's possible. The pineapple note is very pronounced and so juicy and realistic. The other notes blend into a soft, honeyed leather that stays close to the skin. Very unusual, but very wearable and with decent longevity. I'm saving my sample for Fall/Winter wear.

cisco
cisco

This is so odd. Upon applicaton, the dominant scent is pine and there is no pine in this perfume. I think it will make a perfect Christmas scent. It is very spicey and very cozy.

After about one hour of dry down all the wonderful spices come through. This is a wonderful and unique fragrance.

relle
relle

A little sharp start but lovely drydown, I JUST wish it had long staying power or that I could find the EDP. No chocolate from the Edt.

tzoutzou78
tzoutzou78

nice perfume not an easy to wear one,but in my opinion honey saves the whole fragrance,without it this would be avery old womans fragrance.at first i smelled some thing horible, but aftrea while i was amazed with the drydown honey with chocolate . and couldnt stop sniffing my wrist.perfect for winter time

c3c
c3c

Wow. I was expecting something very different from the notes. It has a really strong spice note to me that I can't put my finger on to describe. Almost like a combination of spicy ginger and cloves and it's present even in the dry down which ruins it for me. I'm sad because it sounded so great and I'm always looking for chocolate. More along the lines of a men's cologne.

angel73
angel73

A very beautiful perfume, not common it's a shame it is discontinued !...
Slightly acid in head thanks to the pineapple, then it warms it self with the honey and the dark chocolate, very feminine and smart, for energic and Thoroughbred woman it is not a sweet food but it is greedy, captivating, warm and its holding is very good!
I like it so much and I am a special woman when i wear it !
Fortunately i found a finery shell for dress my bottle....

Malegria
Malegria

Wow!
At first, I though `im being rolled in honeyed leather and drowned in a bathtub of an over-ripe pineapple juice.Bam!
Then, very fast, it started to soften and kind of growing up on me. I even sprayed some more, despite of the fact that it is obviously a cold weather perfume.Despite of it`s dripping sugar sweetness, it did not manage to give me a headache and elegantly survived a hot summer day outside. The drydown is very musky and only now, 8 hours after applying, I detect a very believable chocolate.I don`t feel no jasmine, and very little melon.
For the first couple of hours I came to conclusion it could very well be a man`s scent, and after that I decided that it`s very similar to Angel de Lys!

If it was good in summer,I only can imagine how good it will be when it`s colder, with a leather jacket....

lillybee
lillybee

I keep being amazed by this perfume. By mistake I ended up with two miniatures of this and was about to resell them. I once tested Parfum de Peau, the first Montana fragrance and I found it deeply unpleasant because of its overpowering leather note. It put me straight off trying the rest of the house. What a mistake that would have been when I've been looking for my signature fragrance for so long! On me it smells oriental with fruits first then it's just orchid to my nose (must be the white flower / chocolate / honey combo) with a touch of skin note which must be the leather. It's so soft and powdery that I didn't imagine this perfume had leather note in it at all before looking it up in here. The tropical - chocolate bit reminds me of Extraordinary from Avon and something else from my childhood I can't put my finger on. Probably Just Me evokes the smell of sun-dried linen? Or the way my freshly cleaned clothes smelled? That may explain the reason why I love this scent so much. I'll need to stock up on Ebay soon.

CFKay
CFKay

This beautiful fragrance mesmerizes me everytime I wear it because it’s so sensual and yet also so very classic. It creates such a soft fragrant aura around me all day and never intrudes on others. The sillage and longevity is excellent and I get so many compliments from people walking into my office. I never have to reapply and my husband just loves the way it smells on me at the end of a long day. I just adore this fragrance, it makes me feel so feminine and it stays beautiful from start to finish. I’ll never be without it as I feel it expresses so much about how I want to feel and smell as a woman. So, the next time someone asks … who smells so great? Make sure you’re the one saying ….. Oh, it’s JUST ME.

guest_Cirrus
guest_Cirrus

This is so lovely on the "right" woman.
Yes it is sweet and leathery but to me it seems as if there a two parties fighting in this perfume.The first is sweet and the 2nd wants to pull this sweetness back with leather and animalic notes.Perfume art at its best.
Montana perfumes are really a highlight among all those cheap and boring scents
these days.Not for teens but for women
with understatement and a provocative twist.
Discontinued sadlywise,was too avantgarde when it came out.
Hopefully it will be re-launched by "Selective Beauty"!!!!!

ineedavktion
ineedavktion

This is such an interesting fragrance, my first experience with leather...from the first spray there is something that really catches your attention and not necessarily in a bad way. I rather liked it. In the middle it kind of reminded me of a fancy cigar store or maybe a vintage saddle store, but still intriguing. I think that most would not want to admit they like this scent because it is not run of mill, same old same old. In the end, I really did like JUST ME and really don't care if anyone else does! If you pull up the other fragrances that the NOSE created, there are some really good ones if that tells you anything!

queenkey
queenkey

I purchased this fragrance about six years ago. I loved it at first sniff. It is a musky-fruity fragrance with a bite! Not the run-of-the mill type.

BlackAmberMoon
BlackAmberMoon

Once you get past the bright, spicy opening, this fragrance is really all about the musk and leather. Just Me is very well done, and dries down to a sensual skin scent. Medium sillage and great lasting power for an EDT. Similar in feel to Theorema by Fendi (without the overwhelming cedar note), it's a must try if you like leather/animalic scents. Androgynous, too, so men should not shy away from sampling. A sexy sleeper that deserves more attention.

sophywt
sophywt

I got a mini one last week, haven't tried it yet.
Used to think montana's perfume just has a good-looking bottle... I have to change my mind! Just Me smells like fruit pie with caramel/honey and spicy flavor, really a nice one!
If u are interesting in this one, check basenotes'page, there's a review about this perfume and its brand history.

Just Me by Montana 3.88 out of 5 based on 156 ratings and 45 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Montana Just Me fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Montana Just Me, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Just Me by Montana. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Just Me by Montana represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.