Designers » M » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Présence d'une femme Montblanc for women

Présence d'une femme Montblanc for women
dislike

I have it: 298 I had it: 202 I want it: 210 My signature: 10

Présence d'une femme Montblanc for women Pictures Présence d'une femme Montblanc for women Pictures

Présence d'une femme by Montblanc is a Oriental Vanilla fragrance for women. Présence d'une femme was launched in 2002. The nose behind this fragrance is Michel Almairac. Top notes are mandarin orange and pepper; middle notes are cyclamen and orchid; base notes are mahogany, sandalwood, patchouli, vanilla flower and brazilian rosewood.

Mandarin Orange Pepper

Cyclamen Orchid

Mahogany Sandalwood Patchouli Vanilla Flower Brazilian Rosewood

Adrienne Vittadini

Présence d'une femme Fragrance Reviews

plaktukai
plaktukai

The most masculine smelling perfume I've ever tested to this date that is advertised as being a perfume for women. I can smell mandarin orange, pepper and I think wood (though I'm not sure because I'm not very familiar with woody notes - but it's a dry and dusty smell that stays during the whole time). Orchid, vanilla - no idea, my nose couldn't locate them. Longevity - sorry, poor, it stays on my wrist 30 mins max, I believe this is because it's and EDT. Sillage - nonexistent. I wouldn't buy this fragrance myself, but I got it as a gift so I will use it up though it lacks distinction. It's like a watercolor painting - it's there, but it's so sparse and thin, like a ghost of a proper perfume.

ahkh1978
ahkh1978

Reminds me sweet minds.Love this.Absolutely masterpiece.

Delila
Delila

Mmmm. Présence d'un(e)...freshly showered bloke.

Oddly, up close I get some berries and sweetness, yet my aura smells distinctly masculine. Really quite nice, I should say, but more reminiscent of a clean fella on his way to work than une femme.

I think Présence might have been an experiment by Montblanc, aka "What do women most like the smell of? Nice, clean, well-dressed men. By Jove, I think we've got it!"

I tried to get my mind around it being wearable by women too, but after a few hours I got fed up of the olfactory dissonance. I will try it on my man...

dream
dream

As much as love this scent (I even got praises), as much as I'm hesitant to buy/wear it again, because it's obvious that people categorize it more under masculine scents
It is very pleasant scent (specially in winter)
and I'm keen to smell the empty bottle from time to time :)

peferrarine
peferrarine

First of all, i have to say that i got this fragrance from a friend, my female boss, because although it's a nice fragrance, the prices here in Brazil are OVER THE TOP, so wouldn't be worth it.

Anyway, the review:

The main accords of this scent, as described above are woody, balsamic, sweet, powdery, fresh spicy and patchouli. Not for me. I would describe this, in order of importance as Woody, Fresh Spicy and Powdery.

I don't get the balsamic side, or even the patchouli (as i'm used to in other scents).

Presence D'Une Femme is a wonderful simplistic scent. Sexy and classy without making any effort. Whenever i use it, i feel powerful without trying, like, paraphrasing Beyoncé, "i woke up like this".

Downside (at least on my skin) is the poor longevity and projection.

Office friendly, safe for dates and gifts.

(For those of you who knows Brazilian brands, it reminds me a little of the original Glamour, without the citric accord - or a least not that pronounced).

ngoc45314
ngoc45314

I love this fragrance!! It smell amazingly refreshing, not too powerful but definitely memorable. This one is particularly special and personal to me.

Dianatish
Dianatish

i love this one! there is no perfume which resemles to this one..very woody,unique and distinctive! i would definetely purchase it if its lasting power was stronger!

shushkin
shushkin

This is nice and a bit different to the usual commercial fragrances. A lovely citrus wood combo. This would be nice to wear on a summer evening. It would be perfect for wearing in the office. Feminine but to be respected. As you would expect the orange is very evident from the word go. It adds a freshness and sweetness to the orchid and wood notes. I love the orange, orchid, patch, sandalwood combo unfortunately with the pepper becoming more and more evident on the dry down. Tbh I think all the pepper towards the end is too much and prevents it becoming a love for me. I dont find it very masculine at all. Moderate sillage and longevity.

shell_bell
shell_bell

Very nice but very masculine on me...androgynous at best.

I'm not getting any pepper at all which is a shame since I love peppery notes. I can't quite place what makes it so masculine to me. Maybe the orange with rosewood? I think I might give this one to my hubs. It will likely smell much nicer on him.

Not a bad scent at all - just not as feminine a fragrance as I usually enjoy. ;)

naadja66
naadja66

not my cup of tea :( the pepper in the top notes is very strong and chemical... it isn´t a bad composition, but it didn´t work together. for me it´s a very simple and absolutely unimpressive scent, very masculine, but nothing special - it´s like a simple cheap man´s perfume. Probably it would be better with some warm and sweet accord there (vanilla, amber?).

tanzp
tanzp

not bad got it at a bargin price a great winter scent reminds me of angel

Nil3
Nil3

You see ,it's comments like the one before me that make me feel completely useless on this fabulous website. Fabulous reviews like the one before me....:) spot on!

changes7770
changes7770

Ahhh... tha' Paradox of Presence... a Presence revealed thru an androgynous tapestry of spicy/warm fragrance notes. So many folks getting hung on whether it's masculine or feminine/male or female/blahblah... just getover your sweetself & enjoy tha' ride. Lotta curves w/ this ride, presenting a playful drydown that travels from good2better w/ excellent sillage/longevity. But one needs 2 respect one's unique individual chemistry... one of the cool traits of an excellent juice is its capacity for smelling different on different folks. Masculine, or feminine?... Yes! For it is a classique of both animals, & on some will be masculine w/ a feminine touch, & on some, feminine w/ a masculine touch. That's a goodthing... we're actually created tha' same way... & yet...UNIQUE, ladies & gentlemen. But a deeper & more interesting paradox emerges... this one is Strong&Subtle. The wonderful scents of orchid, manderin, pepper, sandalwood, vanilla, patchouli, & the others, display suble fairness of 'presence', without knockin' you down, like commercial scents these days. For instance, when you cook, you don't want the ingredient 2 stand out, like, man... that's CURRY... you want it 2 blend into a design that cues you into, hmmm, nice taste, smooth flavour. Scents should do tha' same. I don't care 2 hear, "isn't that vanilla?" Perish tha' thought, though many of today's lackluster/losers are like that. You just want it 2 subtlely intice, the different notes, in harmony w/ each other. And remember, you DON'T want folks 2 SMELL you , before they SEE you; w/ a keeper juice, it should be a 'less is more' dynamic, if it has decent sillage/longevity. Enjoy the Paradox of Presence: Strong but subtle, playful but serious, aloof but intense... it may reflect your own Presence... hope so, for tha' sake of Surprise, Dearie ~

LisaLovesPerfume
LisaLovesPerfume

This is one of my power fragrances. When I go to the office and mean business, this is what I wear. Not too girly, just a tinge masculine and absolutely lovely; the perfect fragrance to go with a power suit.

nitschevo
nitschevo

I've worn this in the past being only "sweet" 19 (I'm 28 now) and felt so grown up :) It was a gift of my mom. She herself received it as a gift but wasn't really into it so lucky me!

I've ordered it again a few days ago and it finally arrived. This scent is "me". It's soft and classy but edgy and fun at the same time. The perfect combination of feminine and masculine notes: peppery, woody, patch and a little flowers and fruit. Fresh and at the same time warm. I'm seeing a scheme here with my taste: I also love Chance, Dune... For me they also have these characteristics.

I've had Lovely by SJP as my signature for a very long time but from now on this will be it. I'm so happy to have this in my collection again and hope that they won't discon' it anytime soon! Oh and I hope my boyfriend likes it! :D

Planet_X
Planet_X

Beautiful present from sweet veda! I love it. Was always imagining it similar with Roma by Laura Biagiotti and yes, they are - similar. Yet old formula of Roma is more heavy and substantional, while Présence d'une is more soapy-lightly-spiced more woody-orchids fragrance. I dont have any hint on masculine frag, as some reviewers have mentioned - I guess each person's chemistry sticks to each own result from the notes.
On me this fragrance is also like a sister of Sonia Rykiel(pink jumper),mandarines with green-tree scent, cheerful, open-minded, its not over popular, so at least while wearing,you will feel positively different. I can see myself addicted to this one.

georgequeue
georgequeue

My mother owns this one, and I have to say it does smell like a male fragrance (as corny as it may sound); this one strongly reminds me of Animale Animale For Men, which I love and have in my collection; the only issues I've found are both sillage and longevity. That said, I think this scent is really pleasant and soothing.

Overall score: 7-7.5 (It'd be 9 if sillage and longevity were much stronger)

polly golightly
polly golightly

mandarino e vaniglia le prime note (o arancia dolce) che si fondono immediatamente su sentori di pepe. l'accordo evolve poi sulle note di cuore legnose di sandalo e mogano, per finire su patchouli dolce. benchè la persistenza sia molto buona, non si tratta di un profumo invadente: rimane lieve sulla pelle. mi pare più qualcosa associabile ad una donna gentile, quasi androgina. l'insieme è assai notevole.

SumoTigerCat
SumoTigerCat

Présence d'une femme is not nearly as "masculine" as many of these reviews would have one think. Yes, it is not a sweet or flowery scent. Woody with a touch of mandarin and a feeling of cinnamon to me. A very nice woody, by the way. This is a sophisticated fragrance, however, I wore it to bed last night, and the experience was so pleasant! I could see a certain type of man wearing this, but he would have to have a good bit of savoir faire. Luckily my man does, so he wears this on occasion, and I love it on him, too!

Dioguh
Dioguh

I wanted to test it today. It could be an unisex fragrance, it's easy to wear and very pleasant. 5 stars for the longevity!

IsabelAlice
IsabelAlice

Worn it today. The first 3 hours are VERY unpleasant. Too much pepper and mandarin. I felt like a male teenager wearing dad's cologne to a teen party.

But the drydown... very woodsy. Rosewood, sandalwood and mahogany with some patchouli. It's a pity I have to stand such an unpleasant opening to get to the absolutely lovely drydown.

It's not THAT feminine, if you consider the overwhelming sugar-honey-caramelized hype that has taken fragrance nowadays. But, alas, it wouln't be consider very feminine in 2002 either. Has some tamed 80's vibe.

musi1701
musi1701

sehr weich und feminin. Langlebigkeit ist durchschnitlich. Kein junge Mädchen Duft.

crescentsho
crescentsho

very nice! a bit masculine. I don't think it's oriental vanilla. It's not sweet.more pepper than vanilla

FAJAdeVILLE
FAJAdeVILLE

Everybody is different and is hard to recommend perfume-fragrance .
I wear it for years and have whole collection of Mont Blanc for women .
This one for my nose is .....a field of camomile and I love it . In my 50 , I am getting
complemnts from young man on my scent . Really :)
Very feminine , but with a floral-wood unique statement .
It is not everyday scent to wear because of its elegance in the whole bouquet .

Sashie
Sashie

It does have a masculine edge, but becomes very soft and wearable within a few minutes. Montblanc scents strike me as really unique, actually. A scent with a bit of bite to it, but not so that that it's hard to wear.
Edit - This, in moderate doses really is unique and I like how 'femme' does not mean too floral or too sugary (in that sense a bit like D&G's Red Cap, though they smell different).
I hope it's not discontinued, though it does seem like it's a lesser known fragrance, so that's entirely possible.

Swisa
Swisa

Eu gosto muito do Roma da Laura Biagiotti mas ele é muito forte para o calor brasileiro, então eu encontrei o Presence, uma versão mais leve e fresca. Adoro!!!!

Beata73
Beata73

This fragrance is my signature scent for years. It is a very nice vanilla mandarin scent, warm and sweet but not overwhelmingly sweet. I always get compliments when I am wearing it. I really recommend to try it.

ninius
ninius

I bought this during last spring and I'm still afraid to wear this in public cause to my nose it really smells like men's cologne honestly... I kinda like the smell but I guess I just need to try wearing it more and maybe get to like it more.

lyria
lyria

I remember liking it a lot at first sniff at the store, and then I brought the scented card to a friend of mine for her to smell, and she said it was a little masculine to her... Then I realized that, yes, probably she was right...but then I would be biased. So I surrendered myself to my first impression and ordered it and now I enjoy this smell! This is a daring smell at the start, indeed, but with a trully feminine heart...

Nussichka
Nussichka

I am totally in love with this perfume! It's my 3rd bottle, something like must-have for me and I'm still never disappointed with it. It develops different on me depending on weather and time of the day. I love the woody note that stays on me even after having shower.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

I can see why some will say this has a masculine twist. I also think that this can be worn by men very well. It's a soft, sweet oriental fragrance, I cannot tell the notes apart on this one, everything is blended very nicely. On my skin none of the notes dominates over the other.
On me it is not really woody, it's also not floral, but it's also not very vanilla... however it is a lovely, gentle, soft & sweet mixture of notes creating a feeling of sensuality.
I am very curious about the Intense version of this, I hope I can find it some day!

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

After first spray i thought i mixed my samples - it was totally masculine. On me it's balmy, extremely woody and strong patchouli. After 30 min. i got some tiny cloud of sweetness. It's nice, mysterious but not really my taste.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

Presence of a woman... more like presence of a dude!! But a sexy dude. I caught myself thinking I smelled like a sexy man wearing this. I am considering keeping the scent just for the oddity factor... It is said that David bowie used to wear Minotaure and since I simply adore him, I am drawn to this. It is very hard to overlook the really ugly looking bottle though.

I get a strange masculine development all the way through, not just beginning or end as many other reviewers, and a peppery/woodsy note that reminds me of the typical lavender used in men's colognes. It's either a hate or a love I think. Good staying power and good sillage, yes.

I'm having the hardest time reviewing this, I'll have to give it a second try. It seriously clashes with the rest of my collection and I'm still not sure it belongs on the shelves with the rest of my pretties... it needs another chance and it will get it.

EDIT no.... just no. Not for me. I tried!

pierson
pierson

This is utterly gorgeous.

I went to a local perfume shop and asked for something woody, spicy--nothing gourmand or little girl sweet, nothing with white florals. She didn't even need to think a moment, and pulled out Présence d'une femme. Wow, it was perfect, exactly what I've been looking for.

My skin *loves* woody and spicy, and this really works for me. It's elegant and yes, a little masculine, but still shades into the feminine. I see it's classed as Oriental Vanilla, but it doesn't work that way for me--it's woody aromatic.

For me, it's warm, sexy, alive, just barely sweet (which I like) and not overpoweringly strong (though I don't go overboard with it). This might possibly be my favorite perfume. I'd wear it every day, but I like switching around a bit too much. Still, I pull it into rotation very often. Today is a day for it.

If you like something that's not candy-sweet or vanilla-heavy, give this a try. I definitely recommend sampling before buying, because I think it's a scent you either love or hate. Me, I love it.

evacecilias
evacecilias

What a scent !
Pepper
Orchid
Woods
Patch.
Vanilla
Ok - to a little maleish opening
but it softens to a deep orchid,
vanilla, woody and to me feminine scent !
Really beautiful to wear.
I´ll wear it a lot til spring with its lighter fumes serch for attention.!
This is another blindbuy, based on Fragrantica community reviews...
Thank You !
When I checked the online store for a back up...gone

Ms.Q.
Ms.Q.

So interesting to me that many comments here describe this scent as masculine or unisex!
I get the complete opposite response when I wear it.
And on me, it turns heads, strangers stop me in the street to compliment my scent (men and women) , men approach me closely to whisper how lovely and feminine i smell. My loved ones have been nuts about it.

A gay male friend of mine with a good nose and impeccable taste, described it as "the scent of simply clean, warm, feminine skin".

I adore it, it's the only fragrance I'm comfortable with any time of the day no matter what the situation or mood, that's just ME.
And I'm a bit oversensitive to perfume especially early in the morning.

Heartbroken that it seems entirely unavailable since a long time, and would be so gratefull for ANY tip on where I can find it now!

I suspect it's been taken out of production, the last time I got a bottle, my friend found it at the airport in Mexico and had people running between shops and storages to dig up a single bottle.
That's true friendship :)

Soutty123

Nice but too masculine for me. I gave it to my husband. It smells better on him.

I think this one is Uni-sex. Fresh woodsy notes blended with patchouli, sandalwood and pepper. Not modern sugarsweet. In topnote I can't smell Vanilla, but in basenote I can. Great for every-day-use for both women and men. On my skin the woodsy notes turn male'ish. They are too dominant for me.

Denna kallar jag Uni-sex. Fräscha träiga noter i toppnoten, fint blandad med Patchouli, Sandelträ och peppar. Inte modern sockersöt. I toppnoten kan jag inte känna någon Vaniljton men i basnoten så kan jag det. Härlig varje-dag-doft för både henne och honom.
På min slår de träiga noterna över i manligt. De är för dominanta för min hudtyp.

Snowcat80s
Snowcat80s

For woman that loves to wear masculine perfumes, not for me!

soonflower
soonflower

Had this few years ago but still remember the smell.
Can't compare Presence to any other fragrance I know.

The base of Presence is the best part, it is woody, warm with a hint of vanilla.
I don't find it to be masculine at all.
I see in it a confident and elegant 100% woman.

Mickey Tollerraine
Mickey Tollerraine

I used this 5 or 6 years ago. I bought it from duty-free shop in airport, and now I can't find it in the shops around me. The fragrance is very long-lasting and classy. It smells really elegant. I loved it, if I found it again, dont think even a minute to buy again.
Ps: Its bottle is gorgeous.

Soutty123

This was a blind buy - and a good one. I do find it a little masculine but layered with L by Lolita Lempicka (which I can find a little too sweet at times) it's perfect, especially around Christmas time.

Amal Elyahyaoui
Amal Elyahyaoui

simply unregrettable ... you woul feel guilty for not having it...
discretely imposing itsel.... wooooow

sugar_sweet
sugar_sweet

This is one of my favorite fragrance, i can bath myself in it. So i'll try to describe why i love it so much- it's not very feminine, i imagine a woman sitting in front of you, she is wearin a suit, she is very self confident, she is a leader. This masterpiece is very longlasting,unisex and unique.

Elenkina
Elenkina

To Dollycat: Carefully,this brand was founded just at the beginning of 20th century and is very well-known, but in certain ( elite) circles ;-) their pens, Jewellery, watches and accessories are all exclusive masterpieces and are very-very expensive. Cartier is a sister brand to this one. They just Launching their perfumes only since 2001, and there are already 12 of them( homme and femme).

Dollycat
Dollycat

A very spicy oriental!. Not an ordinary smell, you will be addicted to it or absolutely hate it. I´m very much addicted to it. MontBlanc has excellent and expensive smelling scents. I have all 3 and i love them all the same. The brand is not very well known and appreciated but for the perfume lovers a quit hidden treasure. Worth every penny.

claudja smeller

Translating my comment below to help other people to know this jewel of perfumes:

This perfume is for strong women, who lead teams, intelligent women, who are present, and it do not cease to be female.

I think that's why people give him the unisex category, but it's not unisex, is very feminine, just not the kind delicate females, is for women .... floralzinho personality.

Presence D'Une Femme ... Femme.

claudja smeller

Esse perfume é para mulheres fortes, que comandam equipes, mulheres inteligentes, que marcam presença, e nem por isso deixam de ser femininas.

Acho que é por isso que as pessoas atribuem a ele a categoria unissex, mas it's not unissex, é muito feminino, só que não é do tipo feminino delicado, floralzinho....é para mulher de personalidade.

Femme...Presence D'Une Femme.

Majesty
Majesty

Presence d'une femme is an androgynous type of scent.It could be easily unisex.Deep wood,patchouli and some coffee accords to my nose!Its masculinity gives a boost to a dymanic woman that is not afraid to show off her power.Woman rules in this.I am happy that this kind of perfumes do exist.We are overwhelmed by vanilla,''sexy'' scents that do not show off anything!This perfume has personality and power.Dynamic,strict,amazing!Lasting power is really good.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

The dry-down process was an emotional roller coaster for me! I went from love to hate in a period of 30 minutes.

The opening notes were gorgeous! I love the mandarin orange-pepper combo! It was very uplifting and fresh. The heart phase was less inspiring but still pleasant. I absolutely love orchid, but I felt the cyclamen detracted a little from the beauty of the mandarin/pepper/orchid blend.

I don't know what went wrong when I hit the base notes. I usually love all the notes listed, but the fragrance became extremely masculine on me...even to the point of inducing a headache. I kept smelling "cologne". I am even surprised I had this experience, because many of my fragrances have a masculine edge to them, but this one was too much for me.

It must be a matter of chemistry!

aray
aray

What is wrong with me? I am SUCH a sucker for masculine/woodsy fragrances! Reminds me of D&G L'Amoureux; very bold, very sexy yet unconventional and sophisticated.

Funny thing about this one: All I got from it was warm woods and a little pepper but when I asked my husband about it he said : "Hm, I don't know, it's a little too much vanilla for my taste." How weird is that?

It's a great scent, surprisingly well executed and definitely something I'd consider purchasing. It has definite unisex qualities to it and the only REAL criticism I have is in regards to its name, which, in my opinion, is misleading.

It's a straight-forward, bold, "balls-y" fragrance that does not exude much femininity, but rather captivates the essence of a strong (-willed) woman.

Good sillage, matches the personality of the scent - not too overpowering but definitely demanding attention.

boruvka44
boruvka44

Lovely spicy/woodsy scent. Reminded me of my first boyfriends Fleur De Sante after shave that I liked. Nice with jeans and shirt.

piscianna34
piscianna34

It certainly smells like a men's fragrance, reminded me of Salvador Dali Homme, but after a few minutes was very good, a sweet wood

simonebel
simonebel

it's a classy fragrance, who starts a few masculine, woody, but after a while it's becomes sweeter.
I like a lot because you not see a lot of women using this perfum. So, this one is quite unique for me! :)

isi
isi

Intenso, sofisticado, exclusivo y elegante. Sus notas son una mezcla de vainilla, sándalo, y piña, flores y especias, perfecto para ocasiones especiales o salidas nocturnas…. y para quien quiera dejar su huella…

Intense, sophisticated, exclusive and elegant. His notes are a blend of vanilla, sandalwood and pineapple, flowers and spices, perfect for special occasions or nights out .... and for those who want to leave his mark ...

Paiged98
Paiged98

This is both feminine and masculine. It is just right for those who like scents to be in the middle. It is careful not to reside either way and settles nicely all day. This is a new addition to my collection that will be cherished. You can't go wrong with this even if you order without sampling.
The bottle is really cool too and is round and flat, fits well into purses.

greek_goddes
greek_goddes

I would categorise it as a woody floral scent, not that oriental.
I found it masculine, but a sweet masculine.
Propably from the few perfumes where i can smell the pepper.
It doesn't bother me but at the same time it doesn't allow me to enjoy my morning coffee!
I think a man would admire this on a woman but i still i wouldn't buy it.
Maybe i can't understand it because right now is early morning and i need something more fresh!
I don't know yet if it is long-lasting but i would say that it is quite strong.
If you choose it you should year it in cold days and nights in small portions.
It is not unique cause it really reminds a well-known man scent ( i can't remember which one right now), but you won't find a lot of women who would be able to wear it!

azuriiita
azuriiita

It isn't masculine. This its a nice woody fragrance for confident women, that likes sofhistication and nature at same time... that could be comfort drinking a dry liquor if they want, no matter if anybody dislikes.

Cyclamen and orchid mixing with the woody notes, makes this fragrance just deligtful.

katyas
katyas

This is a lovely, sort of "clear" fragrance on me - the notes balance nicely on my skin making a sensual, slightly spicy woody scent. My husband is pretty picky about scents - he doesn't like many of the ones I constantly wear, but he does like this one. I only have a tiny vial sample - I suppose I'll have to get a big bottle now ... :-)

Annah7
Annah7

It is one of the most elegant and sophisticated scents I have tried.
It isn't masculine.
On the contrary, I find it super feminine, however it is not kind of "innocent" feminine scent, it is a statement fragrance, very sexy.
It is a must-have in your collection!
I absolutely love it.

Delicious Girl
Delicious Girl

This is most definitely the fragrance that compliments my personality. The very subtle feminine florals that is perfectly balanced by fresh citrus and sharp peppery note. The dry down of woody vanilla is warm and beautiful. I think it is just magical on my skin, not too strong, settles down well and lasts really long. Absolutely wonderful!

katusha
katusha

The base composition is very attractive. When I used this perfume I gathered a lot of compliments.

Veroronnieronron
Veroronnieronron

My mother has this. This is not unpleasant per se, but STRONG and I agree that its not very feminine.

Mont Blanc PRESENCE D'UNE FEMME opens enticingly in a manner very similar to my memory of Dior HYPNOTIC POISON (can't be sure, though, since I only had a mini, long ago drained...). Lots of sweetness with a dash of pepper for extra interest.

The drydown of PRESENCE is a scrumptious woody vanilla with just a touch of spiciness, still imparted by the pepper. The patchouli is only an accent, not the focus of the drydown. The wood is really dominant and becomes stronger over time.

PRESENCE D'UNE FEMME edt has good staying power and sillage and is a surprisingly beautiful wintertime scent from a company primarily renowned for its writing implements!

libertybelle
libertybelle

This at first application is a two headed fragrance. On one wrist, the fragrance strikes me as masculine in a middling quality sort of way. I smell the citrus and even wonder if this fragrance has lavender in it also. On the other wrist, the fragrance is much more feminine with the citrus retiring and the florals front and center. The cyclamen and heliotrope are so pretty. That side is also very shy. At the drydown the woods take over. I think it is very definately a unisex sort of fragrance depending on your chemistry.

Halvah
Halvah

First of all: Presence d'une Femme has nothing to do with it's name in my opinion, actually, when I smell it, I turn round to find the man who wears this owerwhelming perfume, and ifind a woman being present instead of a man. It's brave enough, but no way would I call it feminine. On the other hand, as i read the positive reviews, it must smell very good on a few women, and if so, this perfume can really highlight their presence. Definetely not for me!

guest_jen80
guest_jen80

a totally masculine fragrance! it´s so overwhelming, but in a negative way unfortunately!
there are quite a few real men fragrances like jpg or gucci, which are even more feminin than this one.

try before you buy! Not many people like it...

lombredansleau
lombredansleau

Love it, it does smell like a man woody fragrance at first but it grows into a lovely warm sexy feminine smell after a while.Though there is something in it that gives me a bit of a headache.

ChristyS
ChristyS

Bought this spontaneously after a few minutes without trying it really a whole day. Big mistake.
The classification as oriental vanilla is misleading. Ok, maybe it is oriental-vanilla: but for men! Very peppery and a cold fragrance, not warm at all. It also after 1 or 2 hours developed a somehow metallic touch. One of the few perfumes I also can´t stand on others .

liongigi
liongigi

The first time I smelt this was on a sales woman at TJMXX, she told me the name, got it the same day, it smells similar to CK contradictions, can me masculine or femme. I like how men scents smell great turn on. May be that is why I like it. Broke the bottle last week and need to buy another bottle for my collection.

guiwings
guiwings

I like strong and a litle masculine fragrances. This is one of them. Not that I use it whenever I need a litle more confidence to speak and present my ideas. But it's not a romantic or dating scent.

susieqrj
susieqrj

I´m wearing it today: certainly it´s not a perfume for everyone´s nose. The pepper notes are clearly evident and after a couple of hours the woods appear, making the concotion very good and confortable.
The excelent aspect of this perfume is that is completely different from the massive vanilla that infests the market nowadays.
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Estou usando hoje: com certeza não é um perfume para qualquer um. As notas de pimenta são evidentes e depois de umas duas horas as madeiras aparecem, tornando o perfume muito gostoso e confortável.
O que é excelente nele é a fuga das baunilhas excessivamente doces que assolam o mercado atualmente.

Kama
Kama

I have just bought it...and I love it! I disagree that it is musculine...not at all...it is woody/sweet fragrance...
It is not heavy in a bad way...it is havy as in a way that your head turns into this smell...wondering what is it....at least it was like that with me...
I love this perfume.

SandraS
SandraS

To my nose this is not a masculine scent.
In fact i got tired of it since the vanilla on me is very strong. There is certainly a strong presence of woods note, along with the top notes of mandarine and peper, but are mellowed by the flowers and the vanilla.
I bought it because at the time it was unlike any other scent out on the market. I am wearing today, to confirm that recollection of it.

Mitsouko
Mitsouko

Oh, no! I don't want to smell as man, even I do not want to smell as woman in type George Sand, who walked in men's suits and smoked cigars. My nose reads Presense as man's water cologne - cold and rigorous. It is curious, but very argumentative smell.

chance25
chance25

I had the exact same reaction to this as argeada. It always gave me a dizzing headache.

soirdelune
soirdelune

Smelt like an updated version of Obsession on me -- quite sultry. Generated quite a few positive compliments but I doubt I'd wear it again.

argeada
argeada

This fragrance is one of the few, and hopefully the last unlucky choices I've made when I bought it. It's heavy, dull, and far from feminine. I've given it a shot in several different moods and occasions, and always ended up desperate for a shower. Say no more!