Designers » M » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Presence Montblanc for men
dislike

I have it: 478 I had it: 249 I want it: 268 My signature: 11

cinnamon
Presence Montblanc for men Pictures Presence Montblanc for men Pictures Presence Montblanc for men Pictures Presence Montblanc for men Pictures

Presence by Montblanc is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for men. Presence was launched in 2001. The nose behind this fragrance is Corinne Cachen. Top notes are ginger, cinnamon, bergamot and cardamom; middle notes are apple, sage and heliotrope; base notes are teak wood, sandalwood, tonka bean, amber and white musk.

Ginger Cinnamon Bergamot Cardamom

Just Cavalli Him

Presence Fragrance Reviews

INJEN
INJEN

Am at the end of my bottle of a wonderful creation, I will miss you.
Trust when I say It is ascent of its own .
I love it and will buy again ; Thats if the original formula is available somewhere .
Scent 10/10
Silage 10/10
Love you
Thanks,

jwhiteley4405
jwhiteley4405

If any of my fellow US Marines see this, I can tell you this smells EXACTLY like the whiskey locker at recruit training. I smelled this and was immediately transported back in time 7 years.

It's a very green, mature, barbershop kind of smell. You definitely get some cinnamon, but not in the big red gum sense. It's more like cinnamon bark peeled from the tree. I think there is some mint hiding in there as well.

If you are looking for a mature, clean scent, this is a good choice. I bought it for the novelty and "fond" memories of my time in the military.

MrHonest
MrHonest

Blind bought 75 mL after weeks of research.

Guys, to me, the first spray on paper smells incredibly similar to Le Male or The Dreamer. In a few short minutes, it takes on a slightly feminine soapy characteristic. It's very inviting and subtle, but DEFINITELY not that unique.

I get the cinnamon, sage, sandalwood, tonka and musk, with a very creamy drydown. It's quite synthetic to my nose, but I really don't care.

Longevity is 8 hours on me and projection is moderate at best. With 4 sprays, you get a 2 foot scent bubble for the first 2 hours, and then it calms down quite a bit.

As Greggieboy76 mentions on YouTube, it's blended very well and has this ethereal quality that is unlikely to ever become cloying, even in summer weather. It's very sweet, subtle and a little powdery, meaning that it's inoffensive and perfect for office wear - and even feels "more expensive" than say, Lacoste pour Homme (eventhough it's cheaper).

Overall, it's a "handsome" and more mature, but very versatile cologne that anyone 18+ can pull off. But if you already have Individuel, Le Male or The Dreamer, this would just be redundant, because to me, this is just Le Male for the office.

Still it's a solid 8.5/10. And if you enjoy fragrances from the 90s, you'll probably appreciate this stuff even more. Enjoy.

Fishcan
Fishcan

Just bought a bottle of this from a good supplier after reading all the positive reviews but I'm not sure if I've got a duff bottle but I can hardly smell anything and it lasts about 20 minutes before I can no longer smell anything at all, very disappointed.

UPDATE Aug 16
Not sure why I didn't really smell anything first time round, maybe the bottle needed some air in it, but however I tried it again and wow what a difference. I could pick out the subtle notes and the cinnamon this time and the longevity was reasonable on my skin around 3-4 hours. So despite the initial hiccup, I now really like this and I'm using it quite a bit. Happy bunny at last.

hedward
hedward

- Soapy tranquility -

Huge fan of Presence here. What I most like about this is the "zen" vibe that I get out of this. To me this fragrance is all about balance. There's a union between chemical apple and natural cinnamon as well as the mix of spicy, sweet, soapy and woody. It's everything and nothing at the same time!

While Presence is pretty safe and clean it does indeed give me this small boost of confidence that others have also mentioned. It doesn't try too hard to be a sexy mens cologne but kind of feels naturally like that. You know those people who simply are charming without them even knowing it - that's the scent of Presence!

Sillage is average but this tends to last very long on my skin. Great purchase!

michalc
michalc

I get a nice cinnamon-heavy spicy opening but what I find strange is that I actually mainly get a heavy dose of leather and violet leaf which really reminds me of the dark, heavy side of Dior Fahrnheit, strange considering neiither of these notes ar noticeable in the opening but around 3 hours in there's a definite violet dominated vibe going on, very odd development coonsidering the opening is completel different.

Jernê Knowles
Jernê Knowles

If you are looking for something that will go well at all times, treat yourself then with Presence Pour Homme de Mont Blanc, because in my view it is the style of "bitch" perfumão that pleases who uses it and who feels at all senses, and it is rare to find ever since and today even more so. With it you go to the square, the club, the cemetery, the ballad, the motel, the church, the forum, the brothel and baptized and are sure to do well with him is so great, like tomorrow rising ! spicy and incisive opening too Cinnamon wood and raw ginger giving a touch orientalzão the moment with citrus nuances and a spicy cardamom is enxerindo in background closing to perfection its spicy output. So you see it turn into a male floral, that's right, he does not lose his manhood even bringing a flowery bouquet, remain very present and featuring touches of apple-green, even if artificial, but well placed and balanced between aromatic flowers this phase brings. As time goes by and it getting a hot, endurable whack I would say, even if linear, but quite noticeable and deliciously oriental, with musk, warm amber, very green sandalwood, not macerated, a stick of sandalwood and not root, one Tonka for giving a resinous considered aveludando its end under a slightly woody backdrop, giving it a linear dryness that is the end of this seam as well versatile work of perfume coming from the hands of very elegant Corinne Cachen.

Word of the Day: Well this... (day 51)

nightcutter
nightcutter

Not a lot going on with this one. The cinnamon is very obvious at first. Then there is apple. Dry down is quick and reveals a slightly spicy and soapy cardamon base. Perfect for the office.

Gault
Gault

The apple isnt juicy or even fruity, the green apple smelling chemical is in pretty low concentration imho and no way that is one of the main notes here, that well projecting woody "apple" smelling note is iso e super with some citrus I think, Versace Eau Fraiche has the very same vibe. The almondy heliotrope and the spices, cardamon, cinnamon and probably a bit of anise and/or some evergreen note plus benzoin make the smell kinda unrealistic like some plasticine or eraser, but still pleasant, and this whole sits on a strong classic masculine ambery fougere sandalwood base which smells ok but makes the fragrance pretty mediocre. Strong points are the uniqueness, easily distinguishable and the low cost nowadays. I like it (excellent work scent for an office for example), but Im not convinced this is good quality.

RobbieX

I really love presence. I, myself, can't smell much cinnamon but I love its sweet & soapy/spiciness. It reminds me, a little, of sherbet sweets (in UK they were called "Swizzels") Presence is fresh too and lasts quite a while with good projection.

Presence is unique and gorgeous!

seyeryor
seyeryor

I totally agree with olfactoryfan in that its scent is unobtrusive, clean, pleasant and fresh. I also agree with JustAverage in that it gives a feeling of confidence. May I just add that it has a very light (meaning, not heavy and aggressive) and feel-good scent, and has a good after-bath feel to it. I think it works best for the wearer during light and carefree days. Great scent, overall.

bluecs9
bluecs9

Ok...So...I was sniffing perfumes...as usual..until I found this masterpiece. At the beginning I was like " OMA (oh my allah) this is something that I've been looking for a long time. The first thing that came into my mind was that this is a soapy perfume, and I loved it. Next day I went there and bought it <3
So...It's powerful but not very very powerful. I love it
from my opinion I'd give this a 8.6/10. The reason for this is because the silage is not the best but it's enough to get you noticed. Buy it if you think you like soapy scents. It's a " must " in your collection <3

olfactoryfan
olfactoryfan

I'm a sucker for the soapies and Mont Blanc's Presence is a goodie. It's the perfect name for this fragrance because it creates a mysterious aura around me as it radiates almost imperceptibly.

Upon first application, I'm reminded of those candy scented erasers I had in my pencil case when I was at school - the ones that smelt so good you wanted to nibble them. There's a slight mintiness to the initial opening too. It does share some similarities with Individuel - it's like a softer variation of its sibling. After this brief intro phase, it soon blends into the background, staying just under the radar on the edge of perception.

Presence simply gives you an unobtrusive clean, pleasant freshness. Pleasant is the key descriptive word here - it's genuinely pleasant smelling stuff. It's certainly not ground-breaking, but it's phenomenal the way it performs so discreetly for many hours, quietly making its presence known.

People will sense your pleasance with Presence.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Top 5 Soap Frag's:

1. Prada Infusion d'Homme
2. Prada Amber Pour Homme
3. Mugler Cologne
4. Paco Rabanne Pour Homme
5. Mont Blanc Presence

JustAverage
JustAverage

I just wore it today at work. True, it's a calm, subtle scent. It won't make you stand out in a crowd. For some reason I reach for it. I have better colognes but none of them relaxes me like this on a hectic day at work. I feel confident, not cocky. I pick up the apple and Ginger notes with musk, vanilla like. For its price I would consider buying it again. An overall decent cologne for its price.

morethanfarpastyonder
morethanfarpastyonder

Imagine that a great song starts to play, and all you have are those flimsy airline ear-buds on. Think of a hot looking car, painted a dull grey. Picture a delicious dinner, at a terribly boring restaurant. Presence!

My wrist smells great as this is being typed, a warm, sweet, spicy, gingery scent, Starts out soapy clean, and then turns warm andsemi-sweet. The issue with this fragrance is that it’s simply a presence, a good one, but not anything which anyone other than the person wearing it will remember. One needs self-confidence to wear, not because Presence has attitude, but because it is not a scent which will get you compliments, or noticed, it will simply make you feel relaxed, and as if you are in charge, not the scent.

ssheth92
ssheth92

Another masterpiece by mont blanc! This one gives me a powdery-fresh vibe, with a slight bit of mint. I really, really do enjoy wearing this one. Not to mention, a cheapie!!

~8.5/10

harun_90
harun_90

Presence is addictive

class
class

Presence is just an ok for me, so I'll pass on this one. Presence is a safe scent, too subtle and too faint for me.

RobbieX

Presence is addictive. There is something about this juice that makes you want more. Spicy, sweet and lovely - and unique! The dry down is great. I can't do without this one, so, going to get another bottle.

döfä91
döfä91

Remembered the bottle somewhere from the past and also remembered having liked the scent,especially the spices in it: cardamom, cinnamon and ginger combined with fruit notes. A fresh, warm and spicy frag that's versatile. Good example of a fresh, lighter sort of oriental scent. Can be worn in the work/office, makes a nice signature scent because i believe this is not so common. This is a safe blind buy - don't expect anything groundbraking, large than life - but you can expect a pleasant, nice, harmonious fragrance. Now i'm tempted to try the vintage version of this one...

CarlosTiznado
CarlosTiznado

It reminds me a soap fragrance at first, but then i started to like it.

Presence can be resumed in one word: self-confidence. That's what i think everytime i use it.

Felipe Ramone
Felipe Ramone

Very nice, versatile scent. Great for day and night use. Kind of a linear transition from top to base notes, with cinnamon and minty/gingery notes combined. Smells like you just came out of the shower and used a refreshing soap.

kanak
kanak

Presence is my third Mont Blanc after Exceptionnel and Individuel and so far 3 for 3, all good ones, so bravo Mont Blanc. Presence can be described in 2 words" Jaipur Lite". I did a side by side comparison and the cinnamon and tonka bean notes are very similar. Where Annick Menardo's classic is a very formal fragrance and a true spicy, floral oriental with the addition of benzoin, jasmine, carnation to the cinnamon, tonka, cardamom combo, Presence goes in a slightly more easy going direction with green apple and ginger. If you love Jaipur like I do, you will find Presence a wonderful,high quality, lighter version of it and probably more versatile for it. If you have not smelled Jaipur but are into or looking to get into orientals, Presence is a great choice either ways. Good projection for about 5 hours and with a little layering, I get about 7-8 hours longevity on skin. I can smell it on my shirt for a lot longer. This is a great fragrance for all occasions, the office, dinner n drinks, just hanging out with buddies, works anywhere as long as you are well dressed. ( not a gym frag) It can be found online at very affordable prices as well making it painless to replace once you finish your bottle so that's a plus as well. All in all, a winner. I love it. 8.5/10

ChaoticBliss
ChaoticBliss

There is something about this fragrance that captivates me. It is simply beautiful. As other posters have mentioned, it is dreamy and calming. No matter what fragrance I wore for the day, I always spray a little on my arm before bed so I can smell it as I drift off to sleep.

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

I agree with Gerry Madoni as regards a lot of comments, it is dreamy and calming. It is a wonderful blend, one of those fragrances that I can't really pick out any ingredients, all I can say is that they are quality and they work. This stuff is gorgeous!!!

Mr.Bobby.N
Mr.Bobby.N

For some reason I never reach for this. Maybe it's too fruity/candy for me.

It is nice though.

---------------------------------------------
SILLAGE: moderate
LONGEVITY: good.
SCENT: sweet/herbal/cool.
VALUE FOR MONEY: good

OVERALL: 7/10
---------------------------------------------

gerry.madoni
gerry.madoni

Delicious , dreamy, calming and manly without being overbearing. I initially thought of Perry Ellis Black as close hitting the mark with this style of fragrance. Now, I take a whiff of Presence and see where Perry Ellis got their inspiration. Though better quality and blending is evident with Presence, they are close imo. Presence is a lovely discreet yet charming cologne that could be the unsung hero in many a fragrance collection.

Roman86
Roman86

I get a little apple, a little cinnamon and who knows what else but not in a good way. It just smells strange, harsh and synthetic to me and who knows if this has been reformulated or not because I don't see how this gets so many positive reviews. Also, Mont Blanc Presence doesn't smell anywhere close to Boss Bottled. I don't know how anyone can say Mont Blanc Presence smells like Boss Bottled because they're nothing alike unless there is a chance the old formulation smelled different.

Thurea
Thurea

The only aspect in which this fragrance is cheap, is price-wise.

I takes a very special scent of spice to persuade my floral/citrus/apple loving nose to love it.

Girls, if you find this in your man's cabinet, have a spritz. It's a whack in your face of bergamot and especially cardamom right at first, but the dry-down will leave you speechless. Apple, cinnamon, woodnotes, amber; sexy, sexy, sexy. I almost pocketed this from my man's collection and declared it mine, it's unisex and it's delicious, and I want it.

ikuone
ikuone

worth for your money... i love this one and will always have it in my collections. spicy types but softer and calming scents, not the type that can make you headache. can consider it as spicy+aromatics fougere scent . really good for me. lasting up to 8 hours on my skins in air-conditioning room, up to 6 hours outside under hot weather

milancelisac
milancelisac

Love it. Ir reminds me of Boucheron Jaipur Homme EDP. Anyone else?

edge42
edge42

Totally underrated and excellent value! After falling in love with Mont Blanc's Individuel and seeing Master of Style's 10/10 review of this one I had to try it. Presence doesn't disappoint - it's yet another winner from Mont Blanc. A handsome, elegant fragrance of superb quality that dries down to an incredible powdery, spicy cinnamon musk. Presence comes in a great understated bottle of Mont Blanc's usual high quality with a warm & spicy signature-worthy fragrance inside that's suited for anything from the office to a night out.

If you've got a nose for Orientals, this is one of the best out there.

captainlb
captainlb

I ordered this from the Mont Blanc website. The prices are about like the mall and maybe a little cheaper.It came gift wrapped in a larger box.It was very classy.I know it is for show, but it was still a little exciting. I will first agree, with one review I read,longevity is not great. I found a body lotion at Bath and Body Works,in the men's section called Cardamom it is very nice for eleven dollars.I think the top notes linger around seven to ten minutes and then the Cardamom comes into play. I will, after my shower,when still rather wet rub the lotion in good and let it sink in. I then, after about ten minutes apply the presence.Spray down low on your chest,the neck area and wrist and inside elbows.It is a nice classy scent,while it last and on some people it last longer,hint the Cardamom lotion should take care of dry skin and add a uniqueness to it. I like the bottle,many don't. It will grow on you.This scent is classified,well I don't know but reminds me of a cool even cold day on a ship or yacht.I think even standing at the base of Mont Blanc,whatever that would be like.If you have it,make the most out of it and if not.I do like the Individuel better.It is beautiful,without the sillage and longevity issue.Creeds Santal came out after this,tell you anything. L. Bullard

Konst.
Konst.

For me Presence it The Fragrance that Changed My Life (or at least my attitude to perfume, but isn't it the same? ;) ).
I stumbled upon it purely by accident. I was in my early '20, looking for some new scent to wear. After sampling some of the scents in the women section (yes I am a woman) and finding everything too flowery and sweet I spotted the bottle of Mont Blanc in the men section.
Hey, what is that? The famous pen-makers perfume? Let's give it a try! And - it was a love at first sniff. I tought: it would be soo good to have a boyfriend smelling like this... Wait! It would be even better to actually smell like this myslef! I bought it. It was my signature for quite a few years. It transformed me from a girl to a woman, but I've never came back to the women section again...
======
Opening: fresh and soapy. Dries down to warm and sensual, but not too heavy. A looot of cinnamon. Silliage: moderate, but you will be noticed. Longevity: very good, around 10 h.

Well I went out with the intention of buying Individuel and ended up with this as I couldn't find it anywhere.
Not only that but they didn't have a tester so it was a blind buy and my first impressions were not that great.I took a risk with it because I just like Mont Blanc as a brand and feel there's something very masculine about the other fragrances I've tried so why not?
Soap, soap and more soap! Sometimes when people describe fragrances as being soapy I often don't agree or think..."Wow...what kind of soap are you using?" But this has a classic soapy note.
There's something in the very top notes like a sharp fruity thing that is just delightful but disappears fairly quickly, then the dry down is really wonderful it truly has more dimensions than it first appears.
I get sandalwood, Tonka bean, cardamom, a little cinnamon & ginger too! I think this is a delightful juice that keeps me sniffing.
It's ultra clean and classy stuff It growing and growing on me this one...I think I love it now!

gqtechvin
gqtechvin

Just got this today. I love the dry down! the tonka bean is there and its very elegant.
Love the fact that it has that spicy factor but not too much.
I do not think it has that much of longevity, but for 22 bucks at TJmaxx for 50ml, I cant complain!

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

I have been enjoying Individuel and Legend, so I decided to pick up Presence as well. At first I thought that Individuel and Presence were the same. After I came home I sprayed on each one of my wrists to give it the sniff test. There is some similarity, but there is enough of a dif which makes each cologne an excellent frag. The main notes that I find in common with both is the very rich aroma of warm spicy and cinnamon.
Now about Presence, I just wish I didn't wait so long to buy this frag which is MAGNIFICENT !!!
The opening notes of cinnamon and ginger combined with a very fresh green note of apple and sage makes it a lighter fragrance which is perfect during the daytime.
The base notes of sandalwood, amber and white musk makes this fragrance a very CLASSY and SOPHISTICATED manly cologne. Tonka bean gives it a slightly sweet scent but not heavy in any way.
Altogether I really enjoy the fresh spicy aroma with a warm balmy tone.
Longevity is superb..it isn't heavy but it stay on well past 8 hours. If you layer the frag, it will last well past 12hrs.
Sillage is very good, moderate but I don't find it weak at all.
This frag can draw your very special person to wanna get closer to you. I'll warn you, whatever happens after is without a doubt the power of this frag which makes it very attractive and yet it isn't over powering.
Overall thoughts,
I really enjoy Mont Blanc colognes, I consider the high quality frag's equal to Channel and YSL which is a real compliment to be in the same league of huge names.
I enjoy this fragrance, it's a real CLASSY cologne, I give it two thumbs up....10/10 Bravo Mont Blanc.

wwelegance2
wwelegance2

Explosion de frescura al inicio, luego va apareciendo su deliciosa calidez, es sensual sin ser seductora, es un placer al alcance de muchos, que pocos han encontrado. es el aroma que me esperaba y estaba esperando, le conoci hace poco y le he dado el lugar que merece 9/10.

carlosdavidz
carlosdavidz

Such a luxurious fragrance, very elegant, the longevity is soooooooo great, a perfect buy :)

jacobbonilla
jacobbonilla

I don't know why people think this is for 25+. The first thing that comes to mind when I smell it is expensive candy, with some fresh spice. Perfect for any age. I also think there are similarities to Individual, except this one is steps ahead imo. Some people say it smells like JPG, you know that wonderful JPG opening? Well that presence pretty much all the way through! Prices are reasonable, a definite purchase.

arjun-ism
arjun-ism

this is my 3rd bottle of MB's Presence and Cinnamon, ginger green apple says it all. It is Warm elegant soft plus it has got a great projection. A gentleman's perfume

jose.m.perez
jose.m.perez

This fragrance is classy and elegant. I can just imagine a true gentlemen wearing this. It's just great, it reminds me of my Dad.
Longevity is moderate, 5 hrs and the sillage is soft but no weak. Good for those dinner nights with someone special. I highly recommend Presence by Mont Blanc.
3 out of 5.

yloenog
yloenog

My dad's perfume :) Not too strong and screaming, more subtle and gentleman-like.

nananessa
nananessa

I picked up a sample vial of the EDT version of this a few years ago in a collection of sample vials from a consignment store I used to frequent for finding many treasures hidden away amongst a bunch of junk. This I count a little treasure, my introduction to this line.

Occasionally I do find some men's fragrances that are what would fall into my own personal "unisex" parameters & this would be one of those. I have worn this one a few times because it does pose it's own sort of complexity as it is such a fresh spice; one moment it seems almost linear in the drydown of woods---teakwood & sandalwood, and then when I have enjoyed the richness of the woods, it is as if someone threw ginger root & maybe a cinnamon stick on a gorgeous glowing fire of fresh woods sprinkled with blossoms. The touch of the floral is distinctive though & I suspect it is what gives this one such a pleasant over-all character. I can see why this one would not be every man's cup of tea, though. It is not what I would consider to be an overtly masculine aroma. Maybe that is because I have never smelled it on a man to my knowledge.

This is a sweet, woody & spicy yet somewhat tasteful, soft interpretation of this genre with enough heliotrope to really make it interesting.

I can imagine a very reserved, classy & refined "metro-sexual" young man or even distinguished senior, but regardless---one that is not afraid to wear a sweet & spicy subtle scent. It has good longevity on me, lasts 6 hours or so, but a soft sillage for a spicy fragrance.

Presence seems to have a nice touch of elegance all it's own. Cheers, guys!

PS Edit Update: I have had this on all day today & it grows sweeter, woody-spicier but in savoring it's aroma on my wrist over & over, it makes me wish it had a touch of oakmoss & civet. Maybe that is because it has blended with a feminine skin, though, & I am longing for a more animalic scent to make me think more of a masculine aroma. How I would love to smell this gem on a man! I bet the natural male body scents only enhance it! A man smelling like this would remind this ole grandmother that she is just getting older, maybe like a fine wine---but not DEAD YET!!! (wink)

ijoezel
ijoezel

the bottle is not attractive to me.but every time i have it on.it is just incredible!
the spiciness of ginger, the sweetness and warmness of cinnamon, the crispness and freshness of apples..presented in a masculine sexy and classy way..
i wear it on casual settings and i could say it's perfect when the sun is about to set..you have that fresh clean cinnamon spice for that slow dramatic breezy descent of light..then as night comes.so as the soft musky sweet base..

vitop
vitop

I like a fragrance that has its own distinct character without being overbearing. This is one of them. Quite elegant and refined with great longevity and projection. The best from Mont Blanc and another great compliment getter...!

j-shades
j-shades

Im not saying it smells like dolce & gabbana but when I smell this it reminds me of some of the notes that are in this cologne.. this cologne has this creamy sweet but warm smell idk its so weird.. idk anything that it smells like it..its really good.. I did a blind buy with this one bc I like all the notes that are in it.. very pleased, I got my 1.7 at Ross for $16.99

lalelu
lalelu

i have to agree,, scent smells so good but longavity is so so bad : --(

Jackfusion
Jackfusion

sweet notes seems to Le male, but can be used during the day. It is a great option for gourmand lovers.

VanAllan
VanAllan

As others reviewers stated here, I also got a sharp-sweet opening with a lot of ginger & cinnamon thrown there. In the next 10-15 minutes it already combines the middle notes where the adding association of apple (zesty-fruity), sage (herbal spicy) and heliotrope produces an effect at least sickly-weird on my skin...
Not a truly oriental, neither a fresh-spicy one, it just seems to react different on other people's skin (aren't they all do that ?).
Unfortunatelly, this doesn't suit me at all, so I'll give it a 7/10 for weirdness (which, btw. sometimes it work for me also !).☣☣

diego.rzse
diego.rzse

Amazing cologne! It smells kinda like JPG Le Male on my skin, which I love! Even for a guy like me, with dry skin, this thing lasts and projects a lot!

bp
bp

This perfume has been my favorite perfume. I think it has everything to do with me.
It is absolutely excellent.
I am sorry that the bottle has been changed, since the former was much more cool. Still, for me this perfume is excellent.

mef
mef

عطری جالب مردانه مناسب برای آقایان در هر سن وسال
با دوامی خوب و رایحه ای دل انگیز
در فصول خنک مانند بهاروپائیز مخصوصا زمستان جذابیت بیشتری دارد

MrMookie
MrMookie

I bought this one back in 2005 in a airport shop flying for holiday. in a hurry i smelled a lot of frags... but this one stood out right away!
I liked this scent much!Trough out the vacation and after...
Its a fresh scent but has also like johngreenink mentioned before a deeper character & in my opinion very well balanced setting.
Sprayed it on before getting out being fresh and sophisticated and ends up woody and warm and its casual and gentlemen like...
big thumbs up for this one and i will def buy this one back. (seen it already for a low price :-)

Ive had a few months ago Mont Blanc Legend and i must say Legend is not half as good with telling a story then presence...

johngreenink
johngreenink

'Like a rare flower...' That's what someone described Presence as when I was wearing it once. This was in early summer when it hadn't gotten too warm yet. I think late Winter/Spring is perfect for this scent.

Don't be fooled by the sleek lines and high contrast packaging: This is actually not a watery/sea-side breezy kind of fragrance, but rather something very fresh, with bright acidity and pungent spices. Cinnamon, ginger, apples, mint - all of these are present in the opening. It mellows down to a slightly woody/green, and finishes green/amber.

This is an affordable scent that just about any guy can wear - makes a statement but not too loudly - great for everyday wear; highly recommended.

figo1085
figo1085

En mi opiniion un perfume calido...dlce y con olor a maderas...un eprfueme que bien aplicado genera reacciones...hasta hace poco el gucci 2 me recordo a este...aunuqe es et e menos complejo....un muy bue perfume para dias nublados o salidas nocturnas sociales...

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Oriental ginger spicy.
Opens with intenses acords of ginger and cinnamon. Both continues into the drydown, mixed with a light aroma of apple at the heart, and at the base, sandalwood, amber and a great and evident white musk, thats direct to me like vanilla. If i could snif the clouds in the sky, would be like the smell of Presence :)

Rating: 8,5/10

Freakmotion
Freakmotion

I guess that all appreciations from frags come with a different skin type...

On me, this smells sweet but subtle. I sense the sillage tends to weaken very fast, within the first hour. After that, you can feel it on close contact, but not so close that you have to sniff the skin.

It's a very nice fresh-oriental frag, but if you don't like sweet (as I do :D), avoid this one: it's luxurious candy mint in a bottle.

I like it very much.

Fabricio
Fabricio

I had one bottle of it once back in 2002/2003. It is quite elagant but tends to be a bit overwhelming for hotter weather. It has a powdery smell, not too sweet but a bit strong. Use it with parcimony and it will give you a good smell on colder days. I am not buying it again though cause I just got a bit over with it.

Guest_KS84
Guest_KS84

Opens ginger fresh. Talc powder made for cologne, with an underlying subtle medicinal smell to it. I'd wear this on judgement day :-D It smells like an innocent baby surrounded with a couple of flowers in heaven... or at hospital.
Nice fragrance, formal, conservative, soft and dry.

adrianocgo
adrianocgo

cinnamon "screams" in this fragrance. But, is a awesome product. Buy and be happy! Presence and Individuel are the best fragrances of the brand.

mrparfum
mrparfum

at fist gingers and sour smell entered my nose, well a good feeling must say! i could also sense a lil jasmine and cinamon
which makes a gr8 combo in my opinion..
secondly i loved the bottle shape and color of the liquid! well overall a good perfume with fair lasting.. i would recommend it especially if u are seeking a
winter wear!

periquito89
periquito89

To me Mont Blanc thought about two well known perfumes to make two of its own: Joop! Homme and Jaipur Homme(this one I know thanks to the help of the reviewer hoelahoep). Individuel and Presence, respectively. Since is just a hint of the originals by these two, Presence is not remarkable like Jaipur, its oriental side is light compare to, and has a feeling that looks to be a signature by Mont Blanc, as seen in Individuel: an unnatural chord, almost medicinal, I can not describe it correctly. A hit here in Brazil among successful young adults (I think), easily recognizable.

ausamamira
ausamamira

i find it a little bit medicinal. the smell is good and like many said it is suitable for formal kind of people...I'll enjoy wearing it in special occasions but honestly it is not a favorite of mine...

Indro
Indro

This is something special!it feels like Taj Mahal in a moonlit night with my soulmate.The drydown is amazing,very sophisticated stuff,musk and amber lit up the base notes pretty well.Got it today.

guest_Tiago Wendland
guest_Tiago Wendland

O Love it a lot. It's so confort. and clea. U feel like walking in the heaven. My ex girlfriend boght one of this just to remember me. She's so inteligente =P rsrs

jonovon
jonovon

One of my favs. Présence is comfortable, very peculiar and recognizable. And even though clearly made for those who wear blazers and ties, I find it totally cool on a jeans/T-shirt kind of guy, like me.

I don't get it when people complain there's too much cinnamon here. I mean, I don't deny there indeed is, but I think the cinnamon + cardamom combo is the soul of Présence, and what makes it stand out from other scents. Anyway, the spices don't scream around for that long. Within some 20 minutes, they're still present, but in low profile mode, well tamed by the musky base.

IMO this is the best offering by Montblanc, and the one closest to their branding strategies: gentlemanly and distinct, and very clear in communicating it. Oh, here I'm talking about perfumes only, not pens or watches.

Finally, I totally agree with both omega_69 and vertigo. This is THE scent to take a girl out for a fancy dinner or a couple of drinks. This is a scent for when you're in the mood to open doors for her, but still allow yourself to bust on her.

omega_69
omega_69

As vertigo said, it's a warm, sensual, gentlemanly scent. My fiance totally loves this one, as do I. This is the evening fragrance I reach for when we're going out for a nice dinner and drinks; it's my dressy fragrance.

instantjim
instantjim

This is a very pleasing scent. it is spicy without being overly so and musky without being overly so. It smells more like an aromatic fougere to me - especially after it has had about half an hour on the skin. Citrus, spice, musk and wood are all nicely balanced.

vertigo
vertigo

To me it's spicy, but not very oriental.
Warm and sensual, but doesn't lack strength and self-confidence.

It could be an autumn/winter day fragrance for a man over 25 or over 30 who likes to attract people, especially women. For a man who likes life, domination, competition, respects luxury and pleasures.
But the scent is not seductive - it's just suggestive.
The man who wears it enjoys life, in a "gentleman" manner.