Designers » M » Woody Spicy « Groups

dislike

I have it: 584 I had it: 263 I want it: 282 My signature: 16

Starwalker Montblanc for men Videos
Starwalker Montblanc for men Pictures

Starwalker by Montblanc is a Woody Spicy fragrance for men. Starwalker was launched in 2005. The nose behind this fragrance is Michel Almairac. Top notes are mandarin orange, bamboo and bergamot; middle notes are sandalwood, cedar and white musk; base notes are nutmeg, ginger, amber and fir resin.

Mandarin Orange Bamboo Bergamot

Sandalwood Cedar White Musk

Nutmeg Ginger Amber Fir Resin

O pour Homme
Tokyo by Kenzo

Starwalker Fragrance Reviews

heltorn
heltorn

This one is a very interesting scent. If you need a smell to try to reproduce spring morning freshness when Montblanc Starwalker could be probably one of the closest attempt. The notes are basically what are described, but the smell is paradoxically unique. The price is great, so it’d also be a very safe blindbuy.

SoVanilla
SoVanilla

This strangely reminds me of coloring pencil shavings, with the touch of spices and a dash of sweetness.

Very fresh, but really subtle. Perfect for students or office use.

knoxknoll777
knoxknoll777

Outfreekingstanding!!!

9.5/10

RobbieX

Michel Almairac has blended some fabulous scents. This must be one of his best. Starwalker is just gorgeous. 8.5/10

2G
2G

I'm new to perfumes and basically I've just started my small collection. This was a blind buy based on the reviews I read here and all I have to say is.....WOW!!!! It's a very addictive perfume i just can't stop smelling my wrist. This is a combination of amber,spices, resins and something weird in a very good way that I think is the bamboo note that gives it a unique character. The only thing i regret is that i bought the 50ml bottle because this will probably become my signature perfume. Best blind buy ever!!!!

Cozman
Cozman

To me this smells like tranquility,gorgeous yet
subtle.masterpiece

parasole302
parasole302

Definitely one of my favorites. Such a clean fresh skin smell. The only downfall is the week sillage and does not last that long. I would happily reapply this since it smells so good. If you're planning on going on a date bringing a girl close to you she will definitely get this scent however if you were going to pick up a girl and not get extremely close she may not smell it.

Abil Dev
Abil Dev

My all time favorite...such a fresh feeling wearing this..
Hats off to Michel and he is the best ever in the business

I'd recommend this to those who love mild pleasant fresh smell.

GodKing
GodKing

I ordered this fragrance after hearing several positive reviews about it from friends with noses I trust. It was inexpensive on the discount market, so what the heck. Another positive aspect is that this is a unique smelling designer fragrance - no doubt! Well done on the uniqueness and price point.

Starwalker opens with a healthy dose of that generic baloney-cologney, mass-appeal, people pleasing vibe...but different enough to make it both pleasant and interesting. I mainly get citrus and fresh-spices during the first few minutes until a woody, creamy, cedar accord begins to emerge. Wait! Is that cedar I'm smelling? But what else is that in the background...nutmeg?...ginger?...perhaps, but it's just a little off. Ten minutes later and...voila!...it's bamboo and I am not really liking it.

Performance is a bit disappointing in that it lasts 5-hours on my skin and projects average although perhaps a bit soft. This fragrance is perfectly suited for the Spring and Summer seasons; and definitely a daytime scent. In summary, Starwalker is a very pleasant and unique designer fragrance. Although I don't like bamboo, I can certainly see how a lot of people would enjoy this scent. I like it, but try before you buy.

ezzedeen.widyanarto.ironhide.wib
ezzedeen.widyanarto.ironhide.wib

This is a big bang in perfumery, excellent 10/10 in all, wow!

DrHeywood
DrHeywood

It's rare to find a scent this attractive. Smells subtle but the delish keeps crawling, lingering around your nose. Drydown is as excellent as the initial bloom. Saying that it smells woodsy, citrusy or breezy fresh doesn't do it justice. You must use it to fully experience the beauty and elegance it projects. Happy times. I think It will please most regular people as well as the most jaded and elitist of frag heads.

*Vibe*: "Twenty-four hours ago we were sitting in the Pogo Lounge of the Beverly Heights Hotel, in the patio section of course, drinking Singapore Slings with mescal on the side, hiding from the brutish realities of this foul year of Our Lord, nineteen-hundred and seventy one..." Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas

xinglong83
xinglong83

Like the versace eau fraiche, I believe some noses will get numb to the smell from prolonged exposure, thats why some would think its not very long lasting. But if you ask others if hey can smell it i believe they will tell u its still there... i would think a realistic average should get at least 4hrs

I also noted on skin its evapourates extra fast as opposed to clothing, thus might be very heat sensitive compared to other fragrances.

Still in my top 10 out of 80+ i have recently tried

Bkkorn
Bkkorn

Spray it on....and 2-3 hours later it's gone.

The initial spray is great for the first 20min, but you'll notice it drastically disappears. It's a VERY light scent to begin with, so you'll know it won't last long.

This has the same feel as Versace eau fraiche. Soft, clean, light and woody dry down, except it's slightly more woody and than Versace. But the overall tone and performance is very much like it. It's very transparent and light.

Is it just me, or do you smell "pencil shavings" in this?

Because it's both light, clean, transparent with a woody twist, this is versatile enough to wear for spring, summer and fall. It's just too light to wear in winter.

I really really enjoy this scent, I just wish it lasted on my skin.

KalinMJ
KalinMJ

the longevity is still the problem from my mont blanc collection. after individuel, and then i try this one. hmm look so similar, the scent is very good, so fresh dan masculine but not for its longevity. only get about 3 hours and then it's gone.. i have to close my nose to my cloth to realize that there's my friend called starwalker there.
scent 8
sillage 7.5
projection 7.5
longevity 7

FearlessFalcon
FearlessFalcon

Successful and elegant-

Imagine standing in a modern condo stories above the nightscape of New York city. The room is made entirely of glass windows. The balcony overlooks the soft radiant lights of the city below, as they extend beyond the veil of vision. Soft breeze, and blurred noise echo through the night... Creating a relaxed and carefree atmosphere.

Although calming and peaceful, there is a seductive side. Waiting to reveal itself. Slowly inching its way past the opening as the drydown gradually gets stronger. It unveils about 10 minutes after applying, and gives a slightly darker meaning to the scent.
The smell doesn't change, but alters into something more sophisticated. A little more prominent bamboo and pepper enters the aroma. Adding depth to the field of smell. At this point, the scent reaches profound elegance. Masterfully becoming the modern definition of a man who achieves his highest potential. Never wavering. Always confident in his endeavors. Living life to the fullest degree and highest level.

The longevity is above average. Withstanding throughout most of the day. However, in a different aspect this can be classified as a "night time" scent, due to its softer aroma and lower projection. It will get you noticed though.

Beautiful scent, a masterpiece I dare say. Becoming gradually more popular in today's market. Well worth the price, and highly recommended to anyone will to try. No regrets with one.

Overall rating: 9.7/10

NickZee
NickZee

I applied this one night and 15 minutes in I thought I was smelling a sandalwood note under the prominent bamboo. Surely not I thought, Starwalker had always struck me as something that was a people pleasing synthetic bomb. Turns out it is people pleasing but also contains some very good natural woody notes to support the unique bamboo note.

rakan1985

70% day / 30% night fragrance
a mix between boss bottle and 212

Mbaaqeel7
Mbaaqeel7

This one opens up with a very synthetic bitter citrusy smell ( I think it's mix between bamboo and bergamot )
Then, when the woody and spicy notes join the party it becomes very fresh and balanced.

It's a very good for spring and summer especially the day time. It smells like Boss Bottled Intense without the sweetness of it.
I got reasonable performance for an EDT fragrance ( 2-3 hour of projection and 6 hours of longevit)

I didn't get any compliments because it was hard to notice the smell in the summer days.

Age range : 20+
Rating : 8/10

sheynose
sheynose

A nice woody spicy scent. It reminds me of Bond #9 Bleecker Street. The woods and spice in the mid is where this fragrance shines. Unfortunately it doesn't shine for very long, at least not on my skin. This fragrance is little more than a skin scent within a couple of hours. With such poor longevity I cannot recommend this scent, even at the low price it can be found.

BigQhatesyou
BigQhatesyou

Out of the shower clean scent, very refreshing. This may sound weird but it reminds me of woman's hair that has just been shampooed. Its a good thing though, I promise.
Id call this unisex not masculine.
This would be a great scent for daytime, spring or summer. If you need another fresh scent you cant really go wrong Starwalker, especially at its price point.

7.9/10

Carbin14
Carbin14

My bother put me on to this. Talk about a pleasant surprise? To say this cologne is a sleeper is an understatement. My wife hates the smell of this fragrance but I love it. I am usually not good at picking up individual notes but this cologne definitely has a pepper smell to it, very similar to, the cologn Play, but a more refined and balanced smell. Star walker smells distinct enough to stand on its own. For the price and the uniqueness alone it's worth the purchase.

Update: I went against my wife's wishes (don't do that often) and recently purchased this fragrance on EBay for about 25$ with free shipping. After smelling it a second time I had to get this. This cologne smells outstanding and is in a class by itself. IMO this one deserves to be in the top cologne talks of the designer fragrances. It smells great, it lasts long (I could still smell it on my skin this morning after spraying some yesterday around noon), and it is very unique.This fragrance is the number one scent in my collection. I give it a perfect 10. Every few minutes or so I get a whiff of it as I wear it and am always thankful to smell such a wonderful smell.

MrHonest
MrHonest

Man oh Man, is this a magical scent. Unique, sophisticated, and VERY LIGHT. It reminds me of sticking a fresh pencil into an orange surrounded by flowers. LOL

Incredibly inoffensive and as a result, incredibly versatile. I can see a young man wearing this. I can see a businessman wearing this. I can see Jesus...well...you know.

My advice - if you're a metrosexual guy, you NEED this in your wardrobe. So far, I've never really smelled anything like it.

Imagine: Hosting an investment conference on the top floor of a brand-new skyscraper. The room is surrounded by glass windows, where you can see the sunrise as you prepare your materials in the morning. There's no tension, just pure class. Nice.

Think: Fresh, Luxurious, Gentle, Breezy, Wonderful

Overall: 10/10 - The scent of greatness.

Ryanmmas26

After all this time I still love this stuff and during the summer Id go as far as saying this and Azzaro Chrome Sport are my signature scents ...

This is a nice balance of being fresh,woody,masculine,clean and it has somewhat of a sophisticated smell as well.

To me this is a more formal,mature,woody version of Versace Eau Fraiche.

The downsides to this is although its woody it smells flat in the cooler weather which doesnt make it a great signature scent but it is versatile in the summer as I can see this being casual but also good for formal occasions as well.

My favorite thing about this fragrance is the drydown for sure. The opening and mid are great but when this dries down the woods,florals,and citruses blend perfectly keeping that freshness from the opening but once the wood creeps in it makes this smell rich,mature and sensual. The Bamboo in this is the star in the drydown !!!

Performance on this is above average ! for the first hour this projects decent but after that you get a nice little bubble around you and this leaves a pretty decent scent trail as well.

Longevity is anywhere from 4-10 hours ! Its been a bit spotty on my skin.

Overall rating Id give this an 8.5 out of 10 !!!

I love this scent but I wish it projected more and didnt have longevity issues

kingv420
kingv420

I have around 50 designer bottles in my collection and this scent is within the top 3 wish the scent would last a bit longer on me

wilso55
wilso55

Been wearing this for 10 years and although hard to find it is savored in my collection, not because it's expensive, because it smells sophisticated and my brain auto assumes it's expensive because of that lol. A very tangy unique scent with pink pepper and blueberries. Excellent quality and uniqueness for $40. Cool lid too!

Richelle M. Rich
Richelle M. Rich

my husband has started using this perfume for the past few months. I'm not keen in choosing perfume for men, but I kinda surprise with this perfume. somehow it reminds me of some heavy women's perfume but with aquatic ozonic scents. To me, this is the best men's perfume I have ever encountered!

I am quite surprised by the longevity, too. my husband works shift for 12 hours. and surprisingly, it lasts till 12 hours! My expectation was that it could last at least for about 8 hours!

I could say, I want my husband to wear this like FOREVER!

edvinoommen
edvinoommen

The best smelling perfume ever but soft sillage, otherwise the best perfume ever tried!

psychoskip
psychoskip

One of the best combinations of wood and citrus. The mandarin orange and bergamot are apparent, with the white musk as the base. It's smooth -- Don't be fooled by the funny name -- you will smell out of this world. I always dismissed this one based on it's name and the fact it was cheap. But after 1 wearing, I was sold.

JeffreyHan
JeffreyHan

I really love the smell.. for me it's a refined blend between the citrus notes and the woodsy notes..
not offensive at all.. calming and at the same time refreshing,.
I'd give it a 9/10 if only the longevity and projection were a little potent..

so it's a 7/10 for now..

meysam vazifeh
meysam vazifeh

starwalker has a very nice smell .
so i will feel alive and exhilaration . but it has a soft sillage
it is suitable for happiness

بوی بسیار خوبی داره .طوری که آدم احساس سرزندگی میکنه ماندگاری بسیار بسیار ضعیف
فقط به خاطر دلخوشی آدم خوبه

saman1jam
saman1jam

absolutely "LOVE" this one..
این عطر اگر پخش و ماندگاری بالاتری داشت، بدون شک از بهترینها بود، با این حال همچنان جزو دوست داشتنی ترین عطرهای من هست.
رایحه این عطر در عین وقار، تازگی و فرش بودن رو در فضایی چوبی - مرکباتی به نوعی متعادل براتون ترسیم میکنه که اساسا هیچ نت غالب آزار دهنده یی، نتونه به این هارمونی زیبا لطمه بزنه..

regretto
regretto

This is good fragance, nothing bombing, and yes it has similarity to Versace Eau Fraiche, while VEF is lighter and citrusy..MBSW is darker and has such a softer woody scents, better for summer indoor or hanging out in summer night. Like many fragances from german..it's masculine and strong (but zero offensive). Longevity could be better..overall: 7.5/10

RunningMan0
RunningMan0

Taking its name from the line of writing instruments, the Mont Blanc Starwalker Cologne has top notes of bergamot, mandarin orange, and ginger, middle notes of star anise, pink pepper, and sandelwood, with base notes of cedar, white musk, amber, and fir resin. Pleasurable and attractive to both men and women, the Mont Blanc Starwalker Cologne has a low-moderate longevity of around 1 - 3 hours, and a rather soft sillage of about 2 metres. It typically requires around 3 - 4 sprays for best effect.

Good for most occasions, particularly indoor work or indoor casual environments, as the fragrance tends to get lost in outdoor / open environments. It's particularly good during summer / hot weather season, as the heat and humidity causes the scent to permeate further.

chopshop
chopshop

The way that they have the bamboo, mandarin, and ginger playing together here is very nice. Very unique. The top notes are sweet and green with a touch of citrus. You can always get the base notes, as they shine through after the mandarin burns off. Classic Montblanc. This lives in a sliver of space that is also occupied by Individual. Another awesome frag of course. I have not been disappointed with my purchase and I’m constantly trying to look for excuses to fairly rotate all of my other summer fragrances into the line-up. As mentioned prior to my review, this fragrance doesn’t have the best longevity, but it just gives me more reasons to reapply and get the top notes several times a day.

Update 11/15/15: I am thoroughly impressed with this fragrance. It is lovely for about any activity. Very versatile. From the nose Michel Almairac, who has been responsible for other frags such as Gucci Pour Homme and yes Joop!, no wonder.

HanifGeo
HanifGeo

Opening smells great. It has sweet spices and some citruses notes. A bit sweet but acceptable. However the performance is really terrible for the price range. Really disappointing.

Simpl3R3vi3w
Simpl3R3vi3w

Starwalker has a very lovable scent, the cedar and sandal woods mixed sweet pepper with spiciness of star anise is so good. The star anise is the star in Starwalker! During the dry down it smelt less spicy and woody more peppery but not too strong of a scent. Sprayed 5-6 sprays, after 4 hours can't smell it. So projection and sillage are kind of an issue from this cologne being a legendary cologne. But i felt very happy during the 4 hours i wore it. Ladies love it. Random dudes even ask what that good smell was. The price is very good. So if you're looking for a scent that is sweet spicy yet not too promiscuous and can be used on any occasion I really recommend.

Re-review...

So when I first got this I got it in the winter and it did ok but after wearing it in the summer a little more Ive learned to appreciate it as not only has it become an acquired taste but it also smells WAY better if applied LIGHTLY (No more than 3-5 sprays) as its a light scent but can become cloying if overapplied. (Less really is more with this )

After owning this and Versace eau fraiche I DO see the similarities and would go as far as saying this could be Versace eau fraiche light or Versace eau fraiche could be Starwalker intense.

They both share a fresh out of the shower smell but eau fraiche is more like an aquatic,bubblegummy type scent that towards the base gets really musky and annoying to my nose. Starwalker however, is more of a fresh dryer sheet type of smell with a very woody,floral base. Its the direction I really wish Versace would have went with when they made eau fraiche

I REALLY prefer this over eau fraiche !

Although the scent is very good, performance is only average. Not bad,but average. It lasts on me 3-10 hours(Longevity is sketchy on me as some days it lasts only 2 hours while other days it lasts 8-10) and projects above average for 1 hour but then after that its a skin scent. (But still detectable when passing by someone as it leaves a heavy scent trail)

Id say this cologne can work all season but works best for spring/summer as the citrus notes pop out more making it more appealing. This is also very inoffensive and would make a great work/office scent as its cheap as well.

REREVIEW of a re-review ! So I wore this to work today and I got a ton of compliments from this. I mean I thought it was good but not as good as people were making it out to be.

Im going to have to rate this a 8.5 out of 10 ! Its a people pleasing scent thats very pleasant and lasted me a little over 6 hours. This was also a scent that appealed to all ages to which is rare in a cologne

The Drydown to this is AMAZING ! Very fresh,clean and woody. Ive gotten a lot of compliments with this(Actually my 4th most complimented scent) but the majority of my compliments have come in the drydown stage of this.

samiur.rahman.773
samiur.rahman.773

The opening is absolutely gorgeous. The orange notes are so refreshing. Maybe I have got a bad bottle. It doesn't stay on the skin for even two hours. Very much dissapointed with the longevity. Sillage is almost non existent.

amacasfer
amacasfer

I like the freshness of this, but it's a little bit dangerous, I mean, don't use too much because it will make you smell cheap and spicy, instead, a little bit will give you ellegance and a clean appereance to the naked skin and even clothes. I'm surprised by the lasting effect!

spray_and_pray
spray_and_pray

I picked up a 2.5 oz bottle of Star Walker for $15 at TJ Maxx last night. Not much to be said other than nicely designed bottle, good scent but nothing trend setting, & weak performance. Of course, it is winter here in Maine (We've had below zero temperatures quite often this year) and I would imagine that may be the cause of weak performance. My skin just isn't as moisturized this time of year so i'm not going to completely write this one off. I'll break it out again in Spring.

All in all, for $15 it's worth a blind buy. Could easily be a decent gym or office scent. Ages 18+

Ryanmmas26

First impression after 1st wearing: This is very similar to Versace eau fraiche but its more sharp and has a sparkling type of smell like that of champagne whereas versace eau fraiche has more bubblegummy citrucy vibe.

Personaly i like this better as far as smell goes. Unfortunatly projection is only slightly average but it did lasts 5 hours in the winter :)

ly3688
ly3688

Definitely a sparkling fragrance for gentlemen. It is unoffensive and refreshing fragrance. I find it perfect for men for office or casual use.

AHumbleApprentice
AHumbleApprentice

I love the opening lemony, citrus, fresh... like a lemon popsicle wooden stick(but in a good way) , reminds me of Luciano Soprani Uomo by Luciano Soprani, which I love.

jmora09
jmora09

Mont Blanc, is one of the Top Luxury brands in the World, their crafstmanship of Pens is perfect and Leather goods are exceptional, all showing very discreet figure, but perfect finish.

When I smell this Fragrance, it reminds me of a Mont Blanc leather accessory, Highly understated, very discreet, its not a Strong smell on any sense, its barely sweet, but not like fruit or candy, because it also has a discreet smell from wood that ties the fragance (on this case Bamboo, not a strong wood)

Overall, if you like extremely safe bets that cover your deodorant smell, for the office, this is ideal.

A pleasant, safe and refined fragrance. The only Mont Blanc fragrance that I would wear, as the others that I have smelled are generic and do not stand out. This one though, I would recommend.

ppnair73
ppnair73

I bought this blind based on the comments here. All I can say is 'THANK YOU GUYS"!!! This is such a beautiful scent. It has good longevity, 8 hours atleast, and projection is moderate. After spraying on, you cannot feel it is there, except when sometimes your hands go near your face. I am wearing this now while I type & I am getting the Sandalwood mixed with Cedar I think. It is a clean, fresh scent & non-obtrusive making it perfect for daily use. If you are looking for monster projection, then this is not for you. But if you want a clean, personal smell that will not offend anyone, and one you yourself will like to smell, this is for you.

khosro.zk
khosro.zk

My brother has it and it is .... Wow
Very fresh and clean. Smells unique and very pleasant. Its projection is decent, but it will not attain attention of all people around, since its smell is mild. Some people complain about longevity. I could smell the sent of bamboo on my brother after 8 hours wearing it clearly.
If you want to smell good and fresh, excellent choice.

*I live in hot and humid country. It fits for that climate. I am not sure about other climates

UPDATE:
I wore it one time. If your body temperature decrease, the scent of this perfume decrease, but as soon as your heart start biting, scent start coming out

Keinc88
Keinc88

Starwalker is a really fancy name but you will not be walking amongst stars with it. However, it does not mean that it is a bad fragrance.

I found it very similar to Versace Eau Fraiche with the opening sans the sparkling bubblegum vibe that Eau Fraiche has and some stiff woody tones in the background.

Starwalker has the better dry down, it was clean woods and does not came across like the weird woody musky accords that Eau Fraiche had.

Projection was not beastly and longevity was pretty average on my skin. A great summer alternative to Eau Fraiche if you are looking to switch things up.

Now does it smells like Creed Erolfa? No. It does not smell similar at all.

ChaoticBliss
ChaoticBliss

I have become quite a fan of Mont Blanc fragrances. I purchased this one awhile back and loved the scent, but was disappointed about the longevity. I wore it a few times in colder weather. Today, however, I spritzed it on myself at 7 am and at 4 pm I was still getting whiffs of it. Today was a warm day and it just lasted and lasted.

If you don't have this one, you should get it. It is a well done fragrance that every collector should own.

daynierds
daynierds

This is certainly a twist in the mont blanc house, however not lacking of the quality that the brand carries...it is a bit more generic than the others I have smelled but not bad or too boring at all...it resembles a lot versace pour homme or versace eau fraiche (just in the top...)..however this one is a bit sweeter but actually in the same gender...from the house I love individuel and like legend intense...I would give this a good 7/10...good to have if found cheaper...however I would possibly always pick the similars I mentioned over this one
EDIT: after wearing it for a few more times I get to appreciate the woodsy notes in the drydown, quite interesting indeed....mont blanc rarely dissapoints

dlotech
dlotech

Clean, fresh, and elegant. Well done!

spartan
spartan

If you do not own this and you are a serious collector it's a Must buy!! Completely original scent! Nothing else smells like it. Very clean fresh uplifting scent, yet mature and sophisticated. For men only, no little boys apply here.
The House of Mount Blanc continues to impress me for the value and quality they produce.

streetmachine
streetmachine

Def. not a sharp nostril scent. I dont dissect the palate of ingredients but it is Smoothe
Soft
Passive

Unique

Mario25

Hi friends! I gotta tell you, Ive tried this on a cold day and I was surprised how much the projection gets better. Try it on a cold day and then tell me if it happens the same to you too.
Anyway, people from Motn Blanc if you ever read these reviews you know what we want: Intense or Extreme versión.
Have a nice day people.

mikedvd5588
mikedvd5588

Fantastic scent.. for me starwalker no have a copy.. amazing!!!

justinxbailey
justinxbailey

I'm pretty surprised no one has drawn a similarity between this and Versace Man Eau Fraiche. I have them sprayed on each arm at the moment.. They are much more similar to each other than Starwalker and Silver Shadow Altitude... that being said, Starwalker is like a toned down Man Eau Fraiche, less tangy, less projection, very close to the skin unintrusive scent. It's fresh, clean, and subtle. I would say a spring/summer scent for most cases but I can see anyone getting away with using year round. I'm getting about 4-6 hours of longevity. The occasional smell of it comes and goes through out that time letting me know its still there. I did at least 6 sprays and could definitely do more without it being offensive. Overall, it's a great fragrance definitely on the cleaner & fresher side of things yet I would have liked a bit more projection and longevity like most people here noticed but you can't go wrong for the price =)

crossdx
crossdx

This is my go-to daytime scent. Fresh, citrusy with that bamboo note that puts it over the top, separating it from the pack and giving it that unique edge. Very appropriate for any occassion, formal or casual. Will turn heads and put a smile on people's faces in the first few hours. And therein lies the only rub. I'd score it higher but longevity and sillage are just average on my skin. Spraying it more on clothes does improve performance.

To update this review, In recent usage I've found longevity and sillage to be rather good. This is with 6-7 sprays for daytime wear that can still be smelled on my skin upon arriving home in the early evening. Not bad. Maybe I wasn't spraying enough juice initially or my skin was drier on the occassions I first wore it. Whatever the case, I'm very happy to have Starwalker in my lineup. A crisp, masculine, extremely versatile scent and solid performer.

Scent: 8.5/10
Projection/Sillage: 8/10

Overall: 8/10.

MANIABOTA
MANIABOTA

hoo
love this perfume, my first serius perfume, the smell that start my adventure in fragrance passion... love the citrus+ bamboo smell..

unfortunely the longevity and sillage are too weak..

but the smell so good, mont blanc should have extreme version of this withh better longevity n sillage,.

xxxOOooXXx

renzo77
renzo77

this is the best fragrance but for the rest smell 12 + applications and must be reapplied every 2 hours to feel his strength starwalker ties in duration and projection with lacoste pour homme and cartier declaration but has better flavor and only comes 75 ml is more so is those crap bvlgari pour homme armani mania and these do not smell anything so I take 20 applications

john do
john do

It is nice fragrance

kirby1445
kirby1445

This is my current signature scent. As a young guy (mid 20's) this works wonderfully well. Its gentle and yet distinct. Whenever asked what the scent is, and I reply with "Starwalker", most people laugh and say it has a mysterious outer space feel.

The citrus and bamboo combination make for a wonderful blend that reminds me of something, maybe in a galaxy far far away. As far as longevity and sillage go, it has great projection and the longevity is moderate,at the 4hr mark, starwalker reduces down to a skin scent. I'm really into blending my fragrances and I found that spicy scents definitely ground down the "spacey" feeling on this. I like to use Bang by Marc Jacobs.

All in all I really like versitility of it. I'd give it a 8 out of 10

zufar
zufar

Elegant... Sophisticated... Fresh...
It's the no. 1 for me... for now... I don't know about tomorrow

RobbieX

Starwalker is a delightful well blended woody/citrus scent. Longevity and sillage are moderate and it's definitely not weak on me. It does remind me of Moon Sparkle by Escada but Starwalker is nicer and has much more character with a particularly lovely sillage. The bottle is a well made and heavy and comes in a Star Wars esque box. This really is a lovely fresh classy fragrance. Now in my top 10.

SickestCobra
SickestCobra

I origanlly saw this at Ross on sale for 15 bucks. Wasn't sure what it smelled like so of course I come here lol. I'm Glad I did! This is my new favorite cologne hands down. The only complaint "like everyone else is saying" is the longitivty could be better. But as soon as I sniffed the bottle I was hooked. Very clean, spicy, and citirusy notes, smell absoulty divine!. Very well done Mont Blanc*, 9/10!

Cassiano
Cassiano

After the success of Individuel for Men, from 2003, Mont Blanc decided to change a bit the course of its male perfumery, offering something more refreshing to its audience. Then, in 2005, it was released Starwalker, an energetic fragrance of woody-spicy profile, with fresh and vibrant shades.

With notes of bergamot, Mandarin orange and bamboo at the start, the scent opens citrus and slightly dry. The heart notes of nutmeg and ginger are responsible for the spicier aspect that, well balanced by the initial notes, reflect joy and joviality. Finally, a base of cedarwood and sandalwood, wrapped in amber and in the clean side of the white musk.

In my opinion, this is a scent that evokes nature and warm days of Sun. When applied, it has a "burnt" aspect which, unfortunately, remains close to the skin. It will not be seen as innovative nowadays, after all, is there for 8 years in the market. On the other hand, should not be treated as generic, since the natural nuances demonstrate the quality of the material used. Also, it is worth mentioning, the bottle is very pretty and transmits elegance, as a point always considered by the brand in the manufacture of their products.

To my surprise, although rich in woods and spices, the projection was low and the lasting was just median, which makes me say that can be worn, easily, as a sport cologne or under high temperature conditions.
If you seek a scent that is an explosion of vitality, you need to know Starwalker.

Mario25

Great smell! Its really adictive I keep smelling my arm.
You are right Sameh! They should stop making so many flankers of MB Legend, wich I love too, and make an intense versión of this one. It would be perfect.
Linden thanks for the recomendation.

Scent: 10
Longevity: 7
Projection: 4

We want an INTENSE or EXTREME versión of this one please!!

sameh
sameh

Starwalker Mont Blanc is a very elegant & nice fragrance , the woody notes r grate , I like it but 4 me the nutmeg note is the dominating one.

Scent : 8

Longevity : 7

Projection : 7

Quality : 8

Bottle design : 9

Well done Mont Blanc .

P.S. intense edition in the future will be awesome !!!!!

Thumps UP !

Nick M
Nick M

Reminds me of... nothing else! Just an excellent, fresh and masculine cologne that nobody else will have. Longevity is average but you can find this for a decent price nowadays so well worth it.

Echinoc
Echinoc

The best way to describe Starwalker is fresh and clean. The citrus opening is invigorating and is followed by a very calm and relaxing wood. Easy to wear and an excellent scent for work.

Only downside is that it doesn't last long and is easily overpowered.

Layzie
Layzie

When I walked into the store, the name "Starwalker" immediately caught my attention. I already had what I wanted in mind, but I kept glancing back at this bottle and blue box. Subsequently, the clerk told me it was one of his favourites.

When I smelled it on paper, it had a nice, clean scent, but it didn't stand out as anything remarkable. When I tried it on my skin, WOW. It definitely remained a fresh scent, but it also had a spicy, woodsy sweetness to it, which seems to stem from the bamboo, ginger, nutmeg, and fir melange. It wasn't strong enough to be offensive, and it lasted all day. The citrus notes are the background players that work behind the scenes, barely detectable.

I find Starwalker to be quite versatile, worn any time of the year. I've received the "Ooh, you smelled good!" compliment from many of my friends who greet me with a hug. Starwalker is one of my favourite buys, and the ladies in my life really seem to enjoy it on me.

kongtatsu
kongtatsu

Very nice fragrance. It is clean, fresh and masculine. The bad things are poor longevity and poor silage. I think too weak for day use. So now I always use this for relax while I sleeping.

Rayrich1
Rayrich1

With out a Doubt a must have for summer!
To me this is Niche Inspired because of how it
Makes you feel. When I spray this I feel as if I
Jumped in to a fresh cold lake with Flowers along
Side. The Bamboo note in this is Beautifully done
It's Mouth watering! Why this is not in people's top 10
For summer I don't know. It's fresh, clean, and cooling
Pick it up!!!

jesvox
jesvox

smells like outer space, awsome frag love the drydown, my new favy

TravelAge
TravelAge

nIce sillage.... CAN b worn even in SUMMER EVENINGS. best tempreture 35 digrees centi. LOVELY JUICE @>--

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

Mannnnnn this is some good stuff!! Unisex .. very subtle and sexy.. so unique.. i love it!!!...smells just like Nina Ricci "Nina" perfume!!

interesnii
interesnii

very nice smell. soft, fresh and it reminds me of Eclat D' Arpege for women (when I smelled it it reminded me of my ex gf and all good memories came back - I LOVE this smell)

Marcel
Marcel

Very good scent, although sillage and longevity are moderate. I'd say sillage is one meter for the first hour. Longevity is about 3 or 4 hours, but the last ones are close to skin.

It starts citrusy/spicy for about two minutes. Then the heart of the composition remains for the rest of the time the same. I think it smells fresh, a bit acquatic/fruity/soapy, all at the same time. It reminds me of Bvlgari Blv (or is it Aqua? not sure) because of the soapiness, or maybe a bit of the original Molyneux por Homme (although Starwalker is way better).

It's a very happy scent. You can use it as a daily perfume, in hot or cold weather.

paralataringa
paralataringa

I really love this one, the opening is fantastic,very manly fresh invigorating scent that just makes you feel good for the 2 minutes that it last, then a nice elegant soft woody notes will replace the opening blast, what can I say it does not last but I just love it and until mont blanc give us an "intense" version of it i will continue spraying it over and over again

EmilyTheStrange
EmilyTheStrange

Like others have said, this doesn't have much longevity value....HOWEVER, it's one of the freshest mens colognes on a budget one can buy. I actually think this one is priced too LOW for how delicious it is! It's light, and in no way is that a bad thing as it simply adds to the freshness of it. This wouldn't actually be a cologne that I'd describe as spicy - but it does have an inoffensive, understated "zing" to it. Refreshing, subtle, masculine and 100% suitable for the warmer seasons. Hubby still has a bottle from a few years back and it's kept it's scent and colour perfectly.

silvernose
silvernose

Oh please, do not bash this fragrance for its poor longevity and sillage its your own olfactory fatigue! I get at the most eight hours off this juice.

najmi
najmi

the scent is good especially for summer. not long lasting. i got as a gift. hv 2 respray every 3 hours if im wearing dis frag 4 the day

happytime
happytime

Romantic,elegant by being soft like a whisper,complex and sophisticated.It has a nice kick of soft nutmeg and other reviewer has said its pure like water and sky.

Its not loud or overpowering its rather sensual and for sure its a mont blanc superior in quality from the scent to the ultimate packaging.Well done Mont Blanc!

DemetriaNatasya
DemetriaNatasya

It was soft but long lasting. Splendid! My wing girl love it!

gd15329
gd15329

ANOTHER MASTERPIECE OF Michel Almairac! IF YOU WANT A "FRESH" MANLY SCENT.

Very good fragrance, smells like clear water or clear sky... a very blue scent but not a "sporty" one (I don't like sport editions in anything)

This one could be the fragrance of "Clark Kent" very subtle not too strong but... we all know who that guy really is...
Same with "Starwalker" here... not too loud but very powerful underneath!

My Total Score: 8/10

leslievadams
leslievadams

NICE NICE NICE!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE IT

mmh6352
mmh6352

Well balanced woody, floral, watery, powdry scent. Very elegant and sophisticated.

dromidreza
dromidreza

کاش یه کم رو پوست بیشتر میموند اونوقت چیزی کم نداشتوبوی فوق العاده ای داره ولی ماندگاریش صفر.

raihanasalways
raihanasalways

i have an emotional attachment with this perfume. my spouse presented me on my birthday. this is the best elegant perfume i come across. many complained about the longivity of this perfume but fortunately i dont have this issue. amoung my 131 perfume this is the one that will always be in my collection.

budsetdr
budsetdr

Smell so fresh for casual and office wear, but at least it must repeat for more 3 - 4 spray every 4 - 5 hours. But it's ok for me.

Fabio Dondeo
Fabio Dondeo

For me it´s a salty aquatic fresh smell. When I smell this fragrance, it transports me to a beach, that's the feelling, maybe because it's a bit salty (for me). Sillage and longevity are too short, unfortunatelly. My prefered salty fragrance is Aqva pour homme, which has much stronger sillage than Starwalker.

Linden
Linden

An unusual and refined fresh scent; modern yet with a classic undertone. Opens with vibrant, mildly sweet citrus, then warms up slightly and develops a soft woody, masculine character. I get a slightly sweet almost rosy accord in the heart, although not listed...It smells like a combination of Miracle(F) and Bvlgari(M)to me. This dreamy aura lasts and follows me all day.
I'm always asked what I'm wearing; strangers comment on and compliment its sex-appeal.

Rankn504
Rankn504

Very different from other colognes ive smelled. Definatly alot of compliments with this one must try

imochy
imochy

I have three letters for this fragrance:
H.O.T

I don't know exactly how to explain, but this perfume smells awfully great. Seems that I may like "citrusy" men fragrances and this is certainly not an exception. But who's gonna say that this perfume does not smell freshly good?

It's simply sophisticated by being subtle. Isn't that the kind of men women are dying for? ;)

danielmventer
danielmventer

If Luke Skywalker(Mark Hamill) had a signature scent ..then this is it.!! Very space "Subtle",Inoffensive and yet lightly spiced with an average sillage. Just like our Luke. This is my space dessert fragrance. A hint of Versace Eau Fraiche?.....

mrfive
mrfive

What Luke Skywalker wears. No, not what the actor who played the role originally - Mark Hamill - wears, he wears other stuff, I hear he's big into orientals.
This is what Luke wears in the StarWars Universe, because in that part of the Galaxy other perfume houses aren't distributed; a cruel quirk of intergalactic trading routes.

You, if you're reading this on old Mother Earth, have other options.

Ralphfaeill
Ralphfaeill

I think this perfume is nice and masculine...but it depends on the body of a person. My friend tried it once, but doesn't really smell nice on him..

udin limat
udin limat

very nice smell,but the lasting is not best as the smell...:( should be improve your product mont blanc!!! take note ok :)...be like other fragrance like HUGO BOSS NO6 and other hugo boss fragrances....

Minity Meo
Minity Meo

Starwalker it a very elegant and casual fragrance. I love! suitable for everyday use and all occasion. is the kind of fragrance that you do not know what to use, he is your choice, that will not make mistakes and not make ugly.

khalid_shehab
khalid_shehab

very nice fragrance , i like boss and 212 and when i want to wear both of them i wear starwalker which in my opinion in the middle between Boss and 212

mrdibiagio
mrdibiagio

una fragancia que clasificaria como madera acuatica especiada, posiblemente sea el jengibre de base que le da esa nota especiada parecida a una pimienta. fresca, algo dulce, sin embargo es bastante generica y muy sintetica.

murysusanto
murysusanto

This is a really really nice fragrance, a bit like versace eau fraiche but add a little bit more of spice.
Great for office use in the tropical countries. Feel like spraying after couple of hours. No objection at all. Magnificant!

EnricoR
EnricoR

In tropical weather it disappears, the "stamina" isn´t a good word in it´s composition, if it´s subtle like a whisper, at last no endurance.

periquito89
periquito89

Remebers me Davidoff Silver Shadow Altitude ... at least they follow a close way. This is categorized as "woody spicy" and Altitude as "woody aromatic". For me both are "watery spicy". Both are nice, but would I get Starwalker? Uhmm... maybe.

vin570
vin570

Fantastic. Very subtle and refreshing. Delicious while it lasts, which is not so much, I consider that its sillage is average and that the longevity is short (about 6 hours later you can smell it faintly only very close to skin). I think I wouldn't buy it again, since it's expensive and there are better options out there with this price (still, it's pleasing and elegant)

adriana14
adriana14

i bought dis for my boifren.its a birthday present for him..and starting from that on...we say everymonth we must buy at least 1 perfume and my stella is next...=)

dancam86
dancam86

This is a very inoffensive fragrance. Very light, subtle and sophisticated, good choice for everyday use. I suggest try something else for special occasions.

leomat2008
leomat2008

fresh and elegant, i really like it a lot! ideal for hot climas.
Is it really a woody spicy? For me it´s more citrus aromatic.

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

Very fresh and citrus, dries down to a light spicy fragrance. I would say this is more of a daytime fragrance.